Continental Airlines Passenger Reviews and Continental Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Continental Airlines customer review :  28 July 2011 by O Tafa   (USA)

Trip Rating : 3/10

St. Maarten to Newark on a Continental 737-700. I am of average height but felt like a 7 ft basketball player. Any movement on my part meant that I was touching the person next to me or the tray table in front of me. I lost count of how many times people walking down the aisle bumped into me. No music, entertainment or food was provided unless you had a credit card.

Continental Airlines customer review :  26 July 2011 by Mark Chamberlin   (Singapore)

Trip Rating : 1/10

DEN-EWR in Business class. I have never witnessed such terrible service on a Business Class flight. The attendants were just plain rude. I fly a lot on both Business and Economy Class, so I'm a fairly good judge of cabin service.

Continental Airlines customer review :  25 July 2011 by R Elliott   (USA)

Trip Rating : 9/10

EWR-HKG. Departed about on time but arrived a few mins late. I had a tight connection. The EWR concierge said that someone would meet me on arrival to guide me through transfer. There was no one representing CO at the gate, but I know the airport well so other than being irritated it was ok. FA's were quite good for an EWR crew. Meals excellent & the white Bordeaux was pleasing. I asked to be awakened for the mid-flight snack and put a hand-written sign on my seat as a reminder. I awakened about 90 min after they'd completed the meal service. Otherwise it was an excellent flight. I really like the new seats. I slept 10 hrs on this flight.

Continental Airlines customer review :  25 July 2011 by R Yafet   (USA)

Trip Rating : 1/10

We booked a flight DC to Dublin via Newark. Our Washington-NJ flight was delayed by about 1hr, we only had 2 hrs for connection so we talked to the lady at the Continental desk who assured us we'd make it. After waiting for over 1hr we finally boarded. The flight was satisfactory. Once we arrived we were told we had missed the connection. The man at the Customer Service desk was rude and told us we shouldn't have taken the flight. He gave us a list of hotels near the airport, we finally found a hotel but Continental doesn't cover it if your connection leaves without you.

Continental Airlines customer review :  25 July 2011 by G Powers   (USA)

Trip Rating : 0/10

On our recent trip to Vietnam we encountered late/cancelled flights, missing baggage and incompetent agents. We booked thru Continental but most flights were on United, on every flight change the agent was not aware of how to obtain boarding pass for that flight - trip was scheduled for 25 hrs took 40 hrs. Anyone who uses this airline should think very carefully before booking an international flight.

Continental Airlines customer review :  22 July 2011 by A Majeed   (USA)

Trip Rating : 8/10

I flew Houston-New York La Guardia-Houston with small children. Outbound flight was good, flight attendants were nice, one went out of her way accommodate my 2 yr old with milk just a few mins before landing. Inbound flight, we had to sit on the runway for 2 hrs, because of ATC issues. Again nice flight attendants and frequent drink runs. I hope the new United retains Continental's good customer service standard.

Continental Airlines customer review :  22 July 2011 by Malika Gupta   (USA)

Trip Rating : 1/10

Be careful if you think Continental Airlines allows 2 check in baggage's. I was told at check in that up to 2 are allowed but that doesn't mean they are free. The second one is charged at $70. I had found no mention of the additional fees on their website and the lady at the check in counter refused to take any responsibility.

Continental Airlines customer review :  22 July 2011 by T Syversen   (USA)

Trip Rating : 0/10

Denver-Houston. Flight was late getting into Houston so had to run to the connecting flight to Ft Myers, Florida. Made it with minutes to spare. Everyone boarded and then we were all told to get off the plane due to maintenance issues. 2hrs later we were boarded again. Flying out of Ft Myers back to Houston, flight was cancelled due to maintenance issues. Had to wait 5 hours for another flight to Houston, which resulted in missing the flight from Houston to Denver. Next day got to the airport to depart for Houston and flight was again delayed due to maintenance issues. Eventually another plane replaced the original one and we ended up back in Denver 24 hours after we were scheduled, resulting in the loss of one nights hotel we were unable to change, and extra days parking fees. Continental offered nothing for our trouble.

Continental Airlines customer review :  21 July 2011 by D Mauro   (USA)

Trip Rating : 7/10

EWR-NRT in Economy. The best part of the flight was definitely the excellent on-demand entertainment system on the 777-200. The food was tasty (ice cream was a nice touch), but the portions were very small. I was very hungry in between meal services. The flight attendants were generally professional, but I did notice a little bit of attitude from some of them. Overall, not a bad experience at all, I travelled Asian carriers on the way back and Continental pales in comparison.

Continental Airlines customer review :  20 July 2011 by W Shariff   (USA)

Trip Rating : 7/10

Cleveland to Toronto. Plane had to go for repairs so they had to get a new plane from Pitt. I had a connecting flight so I was worried about the connection but they were able to find a spare within 1hr. Free drinks throughout the flight, however the flight attendant was a little distant. It was a prop plane which was very loud and shaky with small seats although I didn't mind much because the flight was only 1hr.

Continental Airlines customer review :  19 July 2011 by DJ Holler   (USA)

Trip Rating : 2/10

MAD-EWR. 767 with very old style Business Class Seats. Probably the most uncomfortable I have ever been in a Business Class seat. These seats should have been thrown out 10 yrs ago. It was the first Business Class flight I have ever flown where my back was fine before the flight but hurt afterwards. I will never take another Business Class flight on a Continental plane outfitted with these seats. They make the old Business Class seats on United look and feel like fine furniture. The food is good on this service, but the old style audio/video is awful. The sound and video quality is poor and the audio jacks require an adapter. This service is not worth the additional cost.

Continental Airlines customer review :  18 July 2011 by W Shariff   (USA)

Trip Rating : 7/10

Cleveland-Toronto. Plane had to go for repairs so they had to get a new plane from Pitt. I had a connecting flight so I was worried about the connection but they were able to find a spare within 1hr. Free drinks though flight attendant was a little distant. Prop plane - very loud and shaky and small seats. Didn't mind much though b/c flight was only 1hr.

Continental Airlines customer review :  16 July 2011 by David Castro   (Spain)

Trip Rating : 8/10

MAD-ERW. I made a flight in Economy, as I am Gold Elite I had an extra-leg room seat so it was quite comfortable! Food is more than ok, and entertainment system is probably the best in Economy I know. Crew is really kind, and VIP Lounges (being gold elite) are quite good, only complaint is the bad food in the VIP lounge.

Continental Airlines customer review :  16 July 2011 by Steven Paster   (Canada)

Trip Rating : 9/10

Flew Continental from LHR-IAH and it was fantastic. Flight departed on time and arrived 25 mins early. The food was great and had flight attendants who clearly enjoyed their job. They were very pleasant and were always willing to help us out. Unfortunate to hear they are merging with United as I worry they might lose this customer service.

Continental Airlines customer review :  14 July 2011 by C Dean   (UK)

Trip Rating : 3/10

Newark-Manchester. Having just had am amazing weekend in New York for my 40th birthday, this was dampened by this flight. I'm afraid this flight was very disappointing. Service was nothing to write home about just service. Flight was expensive and drinks $7 a pop. Now for the food, word of warning, buy your own before getting on board, this food was downright awful. The beef ravioli looked awful and there was no taste. I asked for the chicken (I think that is what it was) one mouthful no taste and watery looking. Salad had hardly any bits of lettuce with some sorry looking 2 quarter tomatoes. Dessert was a couple of biscuits. I did complain, but still ended up hungry. Having had good service in the past I chose CO, won't be choosing them again.

Continental Airlines customer review :  13 July 2011 by Noel Williams   (USA)

Trip Rating : 0/10

When I booked my flight I notified Continental that I have a right knee that is metal and will not flex beyond 90 degrees. Holding it at 90 degrees for extended periods is painful, and asked for a not so unusual seating accommodation. I needed an aisle seat on the left side of the aircraft (if you are facing the cockpit). Because I'm unfamiliar with the seating configuration of the various aircraft, they kept putting me on the right side of the plane, so I would have to ask before boarding each flight interval causing consternation and/or irritation at the herding station. I believe if Continental/United employees saw passengers more as individual human beings, not unlike themselves, and less like cattle to be herded on and off their flying cattle carriers they would have infinitely more comfortable travellers. Giving someone who is frail and elderly or with a mobility issues a bulkhead seat seems like it would be an easy solution, but Continental/United is now trying to squeeze a couple of bucks out of those seats, but they usually wind up giving them to standby's or the last minute unassigned.

Continental Airlines customer review :  12 July 2011 by T Bray   (Australia)

Trip Rating : 2/10

A warning to any international business travellers planning to use Continental code share flights. I recently flew Business Class from Brisbane Australia-Charleston SC, booking all flights using Continental web site, and all flights - domestic and international - had Continental flight numbers. On arrival in USA I was informed that flying Continental Business Class does not entitle customers to use Continental lounges in USA. In my experience this is not the industry standard way of looking after customers.

Continental Airlines customer review :  8 July 2011 by K Dooley   (USA)

Trip Rating : 1/10

I am a minor and travelled with my younger sister. We felt that the airline was strictly a business and didn't care at all about the customers. Not to mention the uncomfortable head rests on the seats. Unlike most airlines Continental doesn't show a movie or allow any free entertainment. A credit card is needed to watch TV and to order food. So for minors with cash and connecting flights to catch there is nothing to eat.

Continental Airlines customer review :  7 July 2011 by A Weinert   (USA)

Trip Rating : 2/10

YYC-IAH. First online checkin changed seat assignment splitting up flyers. Call to Continental remedied that. Checkin was reasonable as well as customs. Things went downhill from there. At the gate, flyers waited patiently but the gate crew seemed lost. There did not seem to be any system for boarding plane but we all got on finally. Then the flight crew started moving folks around? Once on the plane in Economy, the seating was tighter than a sardine can. And with a screen right in your face, so close that you needed reading glasses to see it, you had to pay $8 to watch it. No music available. Flight was full and uncomfortable with coughing customers and screaming babies. After a hike from Gate in E to Gate in A at IAH, for our connecting flight, found a substitute prop plane. At least there was more seating room. Got to final destination and two of three bags between us were delayed. We waited for next flight, rather than trust we would get delivery next day. Made for a long day. No more trips on Continental!

Continental Airlines customer review :  4 July 2011 by S Powers   (USA)

Trip Rating : 0/10

I have been a loyal customer of Continental Airlines for many years. I have always experienced efficient and friendly service. But apparently that has all changed since the merger with United. I had a flight booked a couple of weeks in advance (IAH-BNA) and I had also upgraded to Premium seats on both flights. I checked in on-line several hrs before my scheduled flight and paid for my checked bag on-line. I arrived at the airport 2 hrs early to drop my bag and get through security. When trying to use the automated process at the kiosk I kept getting a message that it was too early to check in. After waiting in line at the service desk for check in, I was told my flight was cancelled. I was put on a stand by list for the next flight 2 hrs later. Of course everyone from the original flight was also on this list. And of course we couldn't get on that flight. I opted not to be included on the next flight stand by that was 3 hrs after the first stand by. There were so many people all over the airport that were angry and complaining to employees that seemed completely unconcerned. There was a young teen that had been cancelled on the same flight that was getting no help from the service desk or personnel and looked scared and lost. I have been assured the entire ticket price is to be refunded and so I wait for that to happen. When leaving the airport I tried to get my bag back and was told it had been sent to Nashville. I have tried many calls to the baggage services but so far no one seems to be able to locate my bag.

Continental Airlines customer review :  4 July 2011 by Peter Sinclair   (UK)

Trip Rating : 3/10

As a Gold frequent flyer, I fly Continental Airlines UK-US and back 5 times a year. Continental has consistently been a great airline in my experience, excellent punctuality, fine value for money and good service. Recently a noticeable decline. Suddenly, flying into Newark from Orlando, instead of a 2hr wait there's now a 5hr wait for a 7 p.m. flight to the UK. Yet Continental have at least five Orlando-Newark flights arriving by early evening. One or two other examples suggest that, under the new regime, customers no longer come first. Hopefully, post full merger, things will improve.

Continental Airlines customer review :  4 July 2011 by J Vera   (USA)

Trip Rating : 10/10

EWR (Newark) to MCI (Kansas City). Where do I begin, for starters at EWR I was welcomed by very friendly Continental Airline workers who were delighted to take care of my entire group of 9 people. During the flight I had wonderful service from an extremely nice flight attendant who kept offering me beverages and stopped to talk to me, as she told me stories of being a flight attendant. When we arrived the pilot allowed me to take a look at the cockpit which was the cherry on top to the whole trip. All in all, I really enjoyed my service from Continental Express from arriving at EWR all the way to when we landed at MCI.

Continental Airlines customer review :  28 June 2011 by J Abreu   (USA)

Trip Rating : 9/10

Rome-EWR sat in Business Class. Old seats but still great leg room, comfortable, and great food. I fly Continental (which is now United) for work and for family, and it has always been fantastic. Service very nice. I was always able to talk to them and throughout the entire 9 hr flight they always had a smile. Very clean (bathrooms, seats). I recommend Continental for wherever you may sit on the plane. I have sat Economy before, Business usually, and first class often. All extremely above all standards. The economy class can be classified as a business class on MOST other USA airlines. First class equals great. Seats are fantastic and very comfortable. Meals are high quality. I recommend Continental/United.