Flybe

"do not rely on flybe"

Trip Verified | 27th June planned a trip from Manchester to Beziers for a conference. The Flybe flight was delayed for 2 hours at Manchester (due to a landing gear problem) and because of this we missed our connecting flight at Edinburgh. There were no suitable connections for 2 days and therefore missed the entire conference and all bookings along with it. Made my way back to Manchester. So thought that as I had travel insurance- should hopefully be able to claim something – Boy was I mistaken. Travel insurance took no responsibility as there were no medical emergencies. Flybe contacted and said it was not their responsibility but just a blanket statement ‘we are terribly sorry for the inconvenience’ and kiwi.com the travel agency through which tickets were booked were not interested either. So ended up losing a considerable amount of money. 13th of July plannned a trip to India from Manchester. Again a flybe flight from Manchester to Paris and then a Jet airways flight from Paris to Chennai. The flybe flight was delayed by over an hour in Manchester- this time no real reasons stated (rain/traffic control issues etc) and we landed in Paris 10 minutes before departure of our connecting flight to India. Dashed through the airport with 2 kids. Jet airways were fully understanding and exceptional- issued passes at the Gate and got us on board. However due to a short transit time our checked in bags did not come with us and reached 2 days later. Not pleasant being in a far away place with no clothes- so an additional shopping trip – which the wife, kids and Mr Visa credit did not complain much about but eventually further expenses incurred. So a pattern where Flybe is not a reliable aircraft carrier for timely departures/arrivals. The check in and in flight Flybe service is ok as expected of any budget airline but if time is of paramount for your journey i.e. a meeting to be at on the day/conferences to attend or indeed a connecting flight to catch -Please do not rely on flybe because based on my experience (within a span of 6 weeks ) I have lost considerable time and money which Flybe are not taking any responsibility for.
RouteManchester to Beziers via Edinburgh
Date FlownJuly 2018

"baggage had gone missing"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Milan Malpensa. When arriving in Milan, our baggage had gone missing. The next day we could pick up most of our baggage, but one piece was still missing. We have tried to contact FlyBE using a phone number and 3 different email addresses, but the phone number was disconnected, and we never got a reply to any of our mails. Loosing baggage is one thing, but not responding to any mail makes me furious. Do not book with FlyBE.
RouteManchester to Milan Malpensa

"flight being cancelled"

Not Verified | Birmingham to Berlin. Worst experience ever. Arrived at airport at 2pm and were informed of a 95 min delay at the check in. This was again updated (a longer delay) before the flight being cancelled. After a good 6 hrs at the airport we stood in the queue to see what flybe was offering as a solution. This took over 2 hrs as only 2 staff were there to help with a plane full of people. Finally got to the help desk and were informed we would be taken by coach for a direct flight from London the next day. There was a flight the next morning from Birmingham, we were informed Flybe and Eurowings (the next possible flight) don't get along so we would have to drive through the night to London as the next flight from flybe was 2 days later. Coach arrived a few hrs later and 3 hrs later we were at the most disgusting hotel at Gatwick. We had been informed we would stay near Heathrow as our flight would be from there. This is probably the cheapest hotel they could find - not only near the wrong airport but a smokers room with a sink that didn't drain and blood stained sheets. Not how to treat customers.
RouteBirmingham to Berlin

"really disappointing"

Trip Verified | Birmingham to Edinburgh. This is my fourth time flying with this airline and is really disappointing. Three out of the four flights I have taken with them is either cancelled or delayed. What a coincidence. The Birmingham to Edinburgh flight is the second time I fly with them and both times was delayed. Never on time. Rather take a train than fly with them. Fare isn’t any cheaper than train either. If the delays is taken into consideration, it will probably took the same time as the train.
AircraftBombardier
RouteBirmingham to Edinburgh
Date FlownJuly 2018

"the delays just accumulated"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Luxembourg. My flight out to Luxembourg was delayed by one hour, with the reason given being, "we started late and the delays just accumulated." The return flight back to Manchester ended up being delayed by four hours. Despite knowing the plane would be significantly delayed due to the inbound from Manchester not having left that airport by the time check-in was closed, passengers had to go to the airport, check-in, and then wait around for several hours. No food or drinks were offered on the plane, rather just 14 Euros at Luxembourg Airport which, if you've been, you'll know won't exactly get you much. Ground staff were non-existent - they just left, leaving LuxAir staff to handle queries. The reasons given for lateness were "we started late" followed by "technical issues". I ended up having to pay significantly more to get home as trains had stopped running to my town by the time we eventually arrived. Add to this seats that make Ryanair and EasyJet look like they have generous allowances, and a ridiculously small cabin space, and I'll never fly this airline again. I'd rather transfer with BA or KLM, or go and fly from London if I need to go to Luxembourg again in the future.
RouteManchester to Luxembourg
Date FlownJune 2018

"cabin was clean and nice"

Trip Verified | London Southend to Manchester. Day trip to Manchester. Quick and easy boarding process at Southend. ATR 72 used was only over a year old, cabin was clean and nice, smart seats. Landed at Manchester 10 minutes early.
AircraftATR 72
RouteLondon Southend to Manchester

"Poor experience"

Trip Verified | Dublin to Southend. Low cost flight delayed. The company does not provide explanation nor apologize for the delay. You end up spending hours in the airport. Poor experience, will not fly with this company a second time.
RouteDublin to Southend

"hadn't refunded me"

Trip Verified | Dublin to Southampton. Extremely poor customer service. Regular flyer and I paid for a specific seat up front on the isle only to get to the boarding to find they had moved me to the back in a window seat and hadn't refunded me. I raised this and the attendant pretty much told me it was a me problem not a him problem. Cheap no frills but at full price. On top of that they feel their customers are an inconvenience. Shocking.
RouteDublin to Southampton
Date FlownJune 2018

"Both flights left on time"

Trip Verified | I flew Flybe from Southampton to Dublin return on a Bombardier dash8 Q400. The flight was booked through Avios so included a checked bag and seat selection. Both flights left on time. I did not make any purchases. Crew fine.
AircraftBombardier dash8 Q400
RouteSouthampton to Dublin
Date FlownMay 2018

"Flybe were useless"

Trip Verified | Belfast to Guernsey via Birmingham. We left Guernsey for Birmingham on the 19th May, that flight was late. Left Birmingham for Belfast on the 22 May, that was delayed. We left Belfast for Guernsey via Birmingham on the 1 June, that was delayed and this time they also lost our one suitcase, we still haven’t received it 3 days later. We have spent considerable time trying to trace it ourselves as Flybe were useless and had no information for us, and we were passed from pillar to post. We are hoping we get it sometime today as they found it in Birmingham eventually. Which brings me to another annoyance, when we were disembarking at Birmingham airport we were part of a group of passengers watching in shock as our luggage was thrown from the plane, half way down the conveyor belt, he could have placed it more kindly onto the belt at his level but seemed to prefer letting each case fly for 2 metres and slam down onto the belt half way down. So annoying when you know you have nice luggage that costs money and breakables in side it! So annoyed!
RouteBelfast to Guernsey via Birmingham