Interjet

"Don't waste your time or money"

Trip Verified | Houston to Mexico city. So I decided to send my kids for the summer with there grandmother to Mexico city. They left July 6 Friday and landing in Mexico city 2 hours later. I registered three luggage on the way there but only received 2 when landed. I tried to speak to customer service first they told me to luggage stayed back in Houston and then when I called again they told me I had to wait 8 days before they can file claim when I called again they told me I had to wait 10 days for them to file claim after that they just told me I had to wait until whenever I got an email which I never did. And now they're telling me all they want to give me a $77 for the luggage they lost. I would never ever buy another ticket with them again. Every time I called it was something different they never got the correct color of the luggage correct every time I called it was either green white blue they never had the correct information that I gave them. We know that you cannot buy much in the USA with $77 for kids. Don't waste your time or money with this Interjet Airline
RouteHouston to Mexico city
Date FlownJuly 2018

"horrible customer service"

Not Verified | My review is based on the horrible customer service provided by personnel on my flight from LAX to SJC and my interaction with their complaint department after the flight. Let me first start off by stating that I am fully aware that there are certain situations, such as weather conditions and airport closures, that are completely out of the control of any airline personnel. However, I strongly believe that the consequence of providing information during a route diversion, crisis, etc is the responsibility of all flight personnel, and this was not my experience with Interjet on 6/14/18. Our flight was diverted to Mazatlan due to hurricane Bud, and we were informed with the barely audible PA system that we would instead be flying into La Paz, Mexico and not San Jose del Cabo. When I asked the flight attendants for clarification with follow-up questions as to land transportation, etc., the attendant mentioned, "Interjet would be providing land transportation to Los Cabos;" this was not the case. A fact that I received when asking further questions for clarification from another Interjet personnel who boarded the plane in Mazatlan. While in Mazatlan for more than 2.5hours, we were unable to disembark from the plane, when asked for water I was told from the flight attendant, "its for our next flight." Once in La Paz, there was no customer representative I could speak to in person nor through the phone. We arrived to La Paz in the evening as it began to rain, and due to the unconfirmed road conditions, I made the decision to rent a hotel room and take a taxi the next morning for the approximate 2.5 hr drive to Cabo San Lucas. Once I arrived home, I wrote a formal complaint to no avail, not even an apology or effort to try to improve their customer service. I of course, will never be flying with Interjet again, the extra leg space was definitely not worth the additional costs and stress that was incurred.
RouteLos Angeles to San Jose del Cabo
Date FlownJune 2018

"offered a change of dates"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Guadalajara. I booked a flight to Mexico 6 days ago for myself, my 3 year old son, my fiancé and his sister. I went to the doctor today and found out I was 5 weeks pregnant. After speaking with my doctor about my upcoming travel plans he informed me about the dangers of the Zika virus to my unborn child, and how anyone I come in close contact with who’s been infected could pass it to me and in turn my baby for up to 6 months after being infected. He was very adamant that my son, my fiancé, and I not go on our trip and provided me with a Formal letter stating that for medical reasons I cannot travel to Mexico or South America. I’ve now spent almost 10 hours going back and forth with “customer service” who has offered me a change of travel dates. I’m shocked this isn’t considered and extraordinary circumstance for which the website states a refund will be honored. I’ve sent in documentation by my physician just to have someone respond with a generic message denying my request.
RouteLos Angeles to Guadalajara
Date FlownJune 2018

"had a pleasant experience"

Trip Verified | I flew on Interjet from Puerto Vallarta to Toluca and had a pleasant experience. I was a bit hesitant to take a Sukhoi regional jet, but it was in good shape and the flight was smooth. The only thing I didn't like is how incredibly short the entry to the plane is, and despite ducking, I hit my head on the way in and on the way out. (I am 6'1" so not incredibly tall.) The seats and overhead bins were sized like a regular jet. Customer service was good, there was free drink service, on board announcements were made in English and Spanish, and I had no trouble with anything associated with my reservation. I would happily fly with Interjet again the next time I visit Mexico, especially considering its good value.
AircraftSukhoi Superjet 100-95
RoutePuerto Vallarta to Toluca
Date FlownApril 2018

"sympathetic and understanding"

Trip Verified | After unsatisfactory service with an agent (in Spanish) I called back and spoke to a rep in English. I hope the language did not play a part in the quality of service, but the young lady who assisted me was wonderful. She was not only polite and patient, she also took the time to answer questions regarding my family member's tourist visa. She was sympathetic and understanding to my hesitation in reserving without knowing and exact return date and was quite knowledgeable in offering options under those circumstances.
RouteGuadalajara to Los Angeles
Date FlownMay 2018

"I felt used by an airline"

Trip Verified | I booked this flight thinking I was going to Leon, Nicaragua, yes my mistake for booking the wrong flight and I admit that but what followed was just not good enough. On check in I asked for, “flight to Nicaragua” and was told to wait in line. I stopped the same guy and said I had to, “clear customs as it’s an international flight” he then let me to the front of the line (as it was big). At the desk I very clearly said, “flight to Leon, Nicaragua” to which the guy chats to me about rugby and checks me in. Not once did someone point out that wasn’t where I was going. Not one itinerary from them said “Leon, Mexico”. Nothing indicated that I wasn’t on the right flight. I landed in Leon, Mexico and tearfully explained what had happened to staff who were rude, told me it was all my fault (I did take partial blame) and were very unhelpful leaving me feeling stranded and let down. To make it worse they made rude comments about me in Spanish as I was talking in English and were too ignorant to think I would know Spanish. They were extremely rude and disrespectful. They disregard you as a person and see you as a money making opportunity. I’ve never felt the need to write a review about an airline but this was the first time I felt used by an airline.
RouteCancún to Leon
Date FlownApril 2018

"not worth the headache"

Trip Verified | Cancun to Los Angeles. Save your money, not worth the headache. I should have listened to the other bad reviews. Rude stewardesses, didn’t smile once, old plane, seats were ripped and arm rests did not work. Took over an hour for our luggage to come down. The trip back home was even worse, no apologies or explanations at all or ever. Also long wait lines to check in, web site never worked. After standing in line for 45 minutes to check in they send me to go pay for baggage in a different line so I had to come back and wait some more. Never again.
RouteCancun to Los Angeles
Date FlownMarch 2018

"great service and wonderful flight"

Trip Verified | Cancun to Toronto. My Wife and I had never flown with Interjet before and after flying with them I wanted to give them a great review. Staff were great, the flight was amazing they served us a nice sandwich and refreshments and if you wanted an alcohol drink there was no charge for that. Thank you Interjet for the great service and wonderful flight.
RouteCancun to Toronto
Date FlownMarch 2018

"cabin crew kind and attentive"

Trip Verified | I made short 30 minutes flights Acapulco - Mexico City - Acapulco last week. First flight on Sukhoi Superjet plane, which made a very good impression on me. Comfortable and modern, although quite loud. But for a short flight it wasn't a problem to me. Check-in and boarding were very efficient and cabin crew kind and attentive. Despite being a low-cost airline, Interjet allows you checked baggage up to 25kg, which is very generous comparing to other airlines. Overall, an excellent experience and clear recommendation!
AircraftSukhoi Superjet 100
RouteAcapulco to Mexico City
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"most stressful flight experience"

Trip Verified | Cancun to Vancouver. Had the most stressful flight experience ever with this airline and strongly advice everyone to never book a flight with them to avoid trouble! My partner and I (and many other travellers with work permits for Canada) were denied boarding (Cancun - Vancouver flight) because of staff of Interjet airline. They wouldn't let us board saying that Work Visa is not enough to enter Canada and that we need a separate eTA application. Which is incorrect since all work permits issued after August 1, 2015 already have an eTA. After they wasted two hours of our time arguing, I was able to find immigration paperwork to show them that my eTA is linked to my passport, so they let me board the plane but they didn't let my partner so he stayed stranded in Cancun due to their incompetence. Before he was able to get the info they wanted, it was too late, they had closed the flight and made him change his ticket. Their policy conveniently doesn't allow for any refunds either. Due to all the chaos the flight got delayed for two hours and the captain informed us on the plane that we would do an emergency stop over to get fuel in Monterrey! As a cherry on top, they don't serve any food on plane either. 6h flight turned into 10h of a horrific flight experience. If you travel to/ within Mexico do yourself a favour and never book a flight with Interjet!
RouteCancun to Vancouver