AirAsia X

"They refused to compensate"

Trip Verified | I recently had a flight from Sydney to New Delhi with a 1 hour 15 minute layover in Kuala Lumpur. Apprehensive about the layover, I called Air Asia customer care to check what happens if I miss my flight and I was assured that if the first flight is delayed, the connecting will also be delayed and I will not miss my flight to New Delhi. But I did miss my flight thanks to an hour long delay in Sydney. I was then asked to either stay at the airport for 5 days (I didn't have a Malaysian visa since it was transit only) or fly to another city in India and of course I picked the latter. But then I had to book another flight for myself early in the morning at for 2am to get to my home city with exorbitant charges. They refused to compensate in any way.
RouteSydney to Delhi via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJune 2018

"I would definitely fly again"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | I have always been a regular traveler for Air Asia since it started year during the late 90's. And thanks to Air Asia, I had been to many countries that I had never thought I would be going. This May 2018 I'm flying for the first time to Shanghai via Kuala Lumpur from Miri. My flight was suppose to be 5:30pm but it was delayed until 8pm, and my connection flight was 11:30pm from Kuala Lumpur to Shanghai. The time I arrived Kuala Lumpur it's already 10:45pm and I have to run like crazy person in order to get to my departure gate. The seat was not comfortable for the 5 hours flight, but I had flown before more than 5 hours, so, I have to accept the seat was meant to be like this, and I just need to find my own way to have a good rest. I would say the best part of the flight was the food actually, which I pre-ordered and I really enjoy the meal. I like also the interaction between the Cabin Crew with the passengers. I would definitely fly again and again. As long as the price is affordable, and the food is good!
AircraftAir Bus A330-300
RouteMiri to Shanghai via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMay 2018

"we were pleasantly surprised"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Phuket via Kuala Lumpur. Just want to say we were pleasantly surprised. We had not flown Air Asia before but the cabin crew and a special mention to Joyce who was very friendly consistently smiling throughout the 8 hour flight and helpful.
RouteMelbourne to Phuket via Kuala Lumpur

"I like AirAsia"

Trip Verified | On 22nd June I fly on AirAsia from Kuala Lumpur to the Gold Coast. I had to do a document check and it was carried very efficiently. Lots to do in the airport so my transit did not seem that long. Boarding was smooth with extra check taking place to ask security questions. At KUL you stay in the gate area until they open the gangway. I had seat 48C an isle which was comfortable and easy to go to the bathroom. I like AirAsia and I will fly them again.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Gold Coast

"Fabulous flights"

Trip Verified | Fabulous flights with AirAsia X yet again. Both long flights were overnighters so the lie flat beds are brilliant. Service was excellent as was the food. First two flights on time but coming home half an hour delay from Phuket to KL & then the flight into Gold Coast was half an hour late arriving too but, very minimal. Didn't use the entertainment. Just slept & read. Just brilliant that these Premium/Business class flights are affordable even by us. Could never afford it with a full service airline.
AircraftA330-200
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteGold Coast to Phuket via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJune 2018

"had not pre-paid for this"

Trip Verified | Honolulu to Osaka. When booking I paid for 2 checked bags at 30 dollars a piece, not bad. When returning we had extra bags which needed to be checked but we had not pre-paid for this. At the airport, they demanded a counter fee for checking in at $123 dollars a piece! This is extortion. 4 times the price because you did not check a box online? It was not just me that dealt with this as no less than 10 passengers around us were irate with the same issue.
RouteHonolulu to Osaka
Date FlownApril 2018

"limited music and films"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Melbourne. I enjoyed the flight. It included the use of the Air Asia Lounge at KLIA2 which was a nice surprise. Check in was efficient and friendly and the plane left on time. The pre purchased food they served was very tasty. Much better then Jetstar. It was a pity they couldn't offer a choice of a continental breakfast in the morning including cereal and juice although I was happy with Nasi Lemak. IFE was not worth the trouble. Very limited music and films. The quality of sound was poor as well. I was also amazed that it was only possible to by 3 cans of Tiger Beer! It was not possible to purchase one only. Not a sensible decision.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Melbourne
Date FlownApril 2018

"charge extra for everything"

Trip Verified | Gold Coast to Kuala Lumpur. No inflight entertainment. Seats are rock hard and sit too upright. Absolutely freezing so make sure you bring a coat as they charge you for a blanket. They entice you into a flight with great prices to realise they charge extra for everything a full service airline give you as standard.
RouteGold Coast to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMarch 2018

"Staff are courteous"

Trip Verified | I was very skeptical about this, as people had informed me that the flight gets delayed, they cancel the flights often due xyz reasons, but I took a shot and booked two way tickets with meals and checkin baggage as an add-on. I travelled Economy. Web Check In Process: Seat Selection automatic, and three step check in, even if you have not purchased baggage, meals at the time of purchasing the ticket, it can be done at the time of web check in, at the same cost. The Meals served were of the best quality, quantity and taste and value for money. Pre-booking a meal saves you 45% of what you pay for the same on board. Yes water is chargeable on these flights, do carry your own water bottle. The seats for the AirAsia X flights have ample leg space and are good enough for an 8 to 9 hour journey. Staff are courteous and very well groomed, no complaints from that side, very pleasant people. Inflight entertainment has to be carried on your own, ipads, laptops as seats dont have screens, but for the price we pay for ticket I have no regrets. The flight infrastructure from the interior is good, even the toilets are always clean. So except for the water part which was a surprise to me, paying 3 Ringgits for 300 ML Water, approx rupees was a bit disappointing. The rest was a pleasurable experience.
RouteSydney to Bangalore via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMarch 2018

"appreciation to the staff"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Ho Chi Minh City via Kuala Lumpur. Fantastic flight to KL. I had recently broken my toe and was an Economy passenger. The help and consideration I received was outstanding and my thanks and appreciation to the staff on that flight. I have never flown AirAsia before and I must say I had low expectations of this budget airline but I was pleasantly surprised indeed. Many thanks for ensuring I had a comfortable flight. I will definitely fly AirAsia again!
RouteSydney to Ho Chi Minh City via Kuala Lumpur