EVA Air

"Staff was really friendly "

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Kinmen to Taipei Songshan. Domestic flight of Eva Air is operated by its subsidiary UNI air. This was a very short flight but the journey was seamless. Drinks was served and the cabin was really clean and tidy. Staff was really friendly and tidily dressed. The ticket price was slightly higher than other competitors, but you can really feel the differences. Surely will take their flights again.
RouteKinmen to Taipei Songshan

"top-notch service"

Trip Verified | Taipei to Vancouver on May 31, 2018. During the 10-hour flight, EVA cabin crew offered top-notch service that has made EVA AIR synonymous with customer satisfaction. For over 20 years, EVA AIR has been my only choice of airlines when travelling between Canada and Taiwan. As I always say, I have found the best airline, why bother with the rest? On May 31, 2018, EVA AIR did it again, proving one more time that a happy customer is indeed a repeat and loyal customer.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteTaipei to Vancouver
Date FlownMay 2018

"there were no pre-checks"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | The lounge at Star lounge at TPE had no TWG tea bags. The salad bar moved to canned peas. On boarding the ground staff were chatting behind the desk and there were no pre-checks in the Zone 1 line. I looked around and noticed that I was the only one around in the Zone 1 line with a Zone 1 status. When the boarding started, everyone cut the lines and it was chaos. Not the service I had expected. The inflight service was still top notch. The flight amenities in Rimowa bag is unbeatable, personal seat covers and one of the best lay-flat seats in biz class I've flown in. The attendant service and food are five star.
RouteTaipei to San Francisco
Date FlownMay 2018

"best flight that I rode"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to Taipei. This is my first time flying with EVA Air, I was so lucky that I got the best price for this short-haul flight. Even though the plane that they've used was a Airbus A321 which is normally used in domestic flights the legroom in the seats are beyond normal. The food is great and the flight attendants are alert to your needs. The best flight that I rode for short-haul international flight.
RouteManila to Taipei
Date FlownMay 2018

"seamless five star experience"

Trip Verified | This trip from Hong Kong to Toronto was a seamless five star experience. Check-in at HKG terminal one was instantaneous and my suitcase was tagged through to Tampa. The priority security line took perhaps two minutes and immigration was equally quick. The Star Gold lounge closest to our departure gate was the United Club, which was satisfactory. Boarding was disciplined and business class passengers were shown to their seats and greeted by name. We were immediately offered sparkling wine or juice and received the menu and wine list for the short flight to Taipei. The full meal was served on HKG-TPE; I chose the sweet and sour pork, and it was excellent. Once airborne, a good champagne ( DeLamotte Blanc de Blancs ) replaced the sparkling wine. In hindsight, I indulged myself too much in the lounge and on the short flight so that I was not able to really appreciate the headline long-haul flight TPE to YYZ. On that flight, they served Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame, but I was only able to sample half a glass. I also short circuited the eight course dinner meal and skipped straight to the fruit plate. The flight attendants could not have been more eager to serve and please. They addressed passengers by name throughout the flight and did their best to anticipate any request. The seats on EVA's 777-300's are arranged in a 1-2-1 pattern and are wide and comfortable. However, passengers who choose window seats to enjoy looking out may be disappointed because you are seated a good distance from the window. We departed on-time, arrived 30 minutes early, and my suitcase made the trip unharmed. My principal regret is that I didn't discipline myself to have an appetite for food and drink on the long haul flight.
RouteHong Kong to Toronto via Taipei
Date FlownMay 2018

"trip started out nicely"

Trip Verified | My luggage was damaged during the flight and one of the wheels came off. At HKG airport we reported the damage and were offered a new luggage of the same size. Waited almost an hour to see a smaller one brought over. They then asked me to wait for another 20 min so they bring a bigger one over. Our trip started out nicely with business class all the way from Toronto to Hong Kong via Taipei but ended quite disappointingly with luggage damage and a wait time.
RouteToronto to Hong Kong via Taipei

"definitely recommend"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to San Francisco via Taipei. Great Flight, definitely recommend. Spacious leg room for economy Class, good food and clean rest rooms. Just improve on the the Inflight entertainment and everything Will be perfect. Definitely my kind of airline.
AircraftBoeing 777ER
RouteManila to San Francisco via Taipei
Date FlownApril 2018

"check-in was initially put in hold"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | I did not succeed in releasing boarding pass on internet. Ticket was bought in 2017 on Internet. Credit card was immediately charged. Now, at airport, in May 2018, because the airline requested the original credit card. As bank had released a new one, and changed the ultimate 4 digits, my check-in was initially put in hold during 20 minutes. At last, chief appeared and I was compelled to sign a document where I would authorize a new charge. Extremely unpleasant. Plane was 1 hour late. Food was very poor.
AircraftA330-300
RouteKansai to Taipei
Date FlownMay 2018

"the best service we received"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Traveled with my wife and daugther on economy class from Los Angeles to Manila via Taipei. One of their ground crew noticed that my daughter is a special needs child and politely asked if she is so. They then offered to transfer us to another set of seats where we'll be more comfortable (and even said they'll try block off seats for us in the process). We did not request any of this by the way. This trip was our first time as a family to fly EVA Air. Food was on par with other airlines. But the service we received in flight is to be commended. The flight attendant went out of her way to make my daughter as comfortable as possible. She would check on us every so often. She was very friendly, accommodating, and cheerful. She and her purser also did something for us which we appreciated very much (and again, no request was made on our part). We travel by air as a family three to five times a year and this (our LAX-TPE leg) is by far the best service we received from any airline be it business or economy class. Thank you EVA Air, and a special thank you to our flight attendant.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteLos Angeles to Manila via Taipei
Date FlownMay 2018

"Quick and smiley check-in"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Taipei to Tokyo Narita. Quick and smiley check-in. Star alliance Gold lounge only offered cheap options of food and beverages. Aircraft was new and clean, but no individual screen. Flight delay on departure but the arrival was on time. Two meal choices offered on board.
RouteTaipei to Tokyo Narita