Scoot

"felt very uncomfortable"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Amritsar. I am not comfortable with the flight because they do not provide a mobile charger point. I felt very uncomfortable. So next month again I travel Amritsar to Singapore but I don't scoot. So I request you please develop your flight facilities. That travel was very boring.
RouteSingapore to Amritsar
Date FlownJuly 2018

Scoot customer review

Trip Verified | Singapore to Bangkok booked for November 2018. In their website, they show that there is $0 processing fee. However, we were charged $20 processing fee for per person. When we lodged a complaint via email, they state that processing fee applies when we made payment via credit card. But they choose to hide these fees from customers when customers are making their payment. booked for November 2018
RouteSingapore to Bangkok

"worst customer service"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Singapore to Manila. First time and last time flying with this aircraft. Value of money not worth it, yes it’s cheaper compared to other budget airline but end up spending more because of the delayed flight and the reason is their is a technical issue on the plane that can not resolved. Flight delayed from 12:55 am to 3:30 am. With those people who have connecting flight not advisable to take this aircraft. The worst customer service. Flight delayed and nobody offered us a drink, ground staff at Singapore said those with connecting flight someone will assist us (delay team), upon arrival to Philippines, flight stewardess said we can approach the ground staff at the counter for assistance, ground staff not helpful as no instruction from them from Singapore and staff told me to call their office. No feedback form, no apologies even after I told one of the staff I missed my connecting flight although I paid 2x more for the rebooking of the ticket what makes me upset is I need to wait it the next day for the next flight.
RouteSingapore to Manila
Date FlownJune 2018

"fees fine and very clear up front"

Not Verified | Had no problem with fees, checkin, carryons, food or fees. Food was good and much better than United and Hawaiian. Luggage fees were fine and very clear up front. The quiet section (no children or movies) was great but has no way to charge electronic devices so bring batteries. I recommend you bring your own water and snacks as these are rather expensive onboard. My main complaint is the temperature of the cabin — nears 80 degrees F so rather hot for US passengers, seems norm for Asian passengers. Bring water! Easy to press light and flight attendant call buttons on arm rests. Watch out! Love those windows you can lighten and darken. Going to try Air Asia next!
RouteHonolulu to Kansai
Date FlownJune 2018

"looking forward to flying Scoot again"

Trip Verified | Taipei to Singapore. I was on Scoot biz on the 22nd of June heading back home from Taipei. It was my 2nd flight with Scoot and I am very impressed with the crew on ground and onboard. The check in staff was polite and efficient even though she had to handle a big tour group before us. After getting onboard, we were greeted by smiley and polite cabin crew when offered water and confirmation of our meals. It was a great start to the flight. Soon after take off I tried to charge my device with the in seat power supply, however it wasn’t working. We informed the crew in charged and was quick to get a response that the seat power supply for both 2h and 2k was down. I was disappointed but was lucky to have my own portable power bank. A few moments later, the crew in charged passed me a pink power bank and she explained that it’s her own personal charger. She apologised and went the extra mile and took the initiative to offer me hers even though I didn’t ask for it. During the flight, she was seen helping 2 elderly couple in front of us with the Scoot tv app. She kept coming back to check on them and it was when meal service was about to start. I understand that’s a very busy period for crew but she was professional and very patient with them and assisted them for at least 20-30 minutes and had left me very impressed. She was also always seen in the cabin during meals and duty free sales service. During the lull period, while walking to the lavatory, crew was also polite to inform me that there was a queue. Toilet was also clean the whole flight. Call lights by passengers around me were also quickly attended by them or passing crew from the economy class. I didn’t expect much from a budget airline but I am left with a great impression with this experience. I will be looking forward to flying with Scoot again.
RouteTaipei to Singapore
Date FlownJune 2018

"told I had missed check in"

Trip Verified | I have had a mixed experience flying with Scoot. My flight to Athens from Sydney was uneventful and easy, however my inflight meal which I purchased at the time of booking the ticket was quite rubbery and not hot. This isn’t something I’d write a bad review over, however my experience on the return flight back to Sydney has been absolutely atrocious. After attempting to purchase additional baggage online multiple times on separate devices the website failed and crashed many times. I was finally able to get through and pay for my extra check in luggage ($123) the night before the flight. Upon arriving at the airport to check in on time, I was told I was unable to because o had an outstanding balance of $83 to which they couldn’t tell me what it was for, but “if I didn’t pay, I wouldn’t fly”. Not only could they not explain this fee, the attendant who was handling this issue seemed to be incompetent with their system and couldn’t get it to work. Although I wasn’t exactly sure what was going on because she ignored me as if I wasn’t there and would stop intermittently and fill a stapler with fresh staples! This went on for so long that I had my baggage given back to me and told I had missed check in and now had missed my opportunity to get my flight. There was zero communication to myself as the customer, no attempt by the staff to be helpful or treat this as an urgent matter to assist me in getting this issue sorted out, and no apology for the fact that this was an operational fault of Scoot as an airline. I was upset at the fact that I had now missed my flight, and the attendant that had been supposedly helping me simply rolled away in her chair and sat behind a desk messing with receipts. Not to mention the huge line of frustrated and ignored people behind me waiting for assistance for a separate flight. I can’t believe how horrible this experience was as a customer. I hope the airline improves on this in the near future, because I’d hate for anyone else to have to go through what I experienced today.
RouteSydney to Athens
Date FlownMay 2018

"Thanks Scoot for great flight"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Nanjing. I was travelling with my wife and she is 5months pregnant. Upon boarding, the air crew were very attentive helping my wife with her bags as there was a gap between the bridge and the plane. On flight, the chief stewardess drop by and make sure my wife is all ok and comfortable. She told us not to hesitate to ask for anything e.g. hot water, blanket. During the flight, my wife wanted to go to the lavatory and the chief stewardess help her with the door and into the cubicle. My wife can't stop sharing about how well she was treated on board with her friends and relatives. Thanks Scoot for the great flight.
RouteSingapore to Nanjing
Date FlownJune 2018

"I was very impressed overall"

Trip Verified | Phuket to Sydney via Singapore. I had relatively low expectations when I booked being that Scoot is a budget carrier. However I was very impressed overall. Giving an 8/10 based on comfort and relativity of price. On the Sydney to Singapore return legs, very new Boeing 787. Seats were comfortable enough (and I'm 6 feet tall). Service was efficient and cabin crew were polite. On the legs Singapore to Phuket we flew ex tiger A320 aircraft. Fairly new. Interior a little bit tired but seats were comfortable. No in-flight entertainment, but I just used my iPad and downloaded a few movies on Netflix. We experienced a delay on our return leg from Phuket to Singapore, which we thought may cause issues with our connecting flight. However staff managed the issue well and gave us updated and information where to go on arrival at Singapore. And last of all, if you have to have a stopover, why not make it at Changi airport. It's rated best in the world. Free cinemas, pool, butterfly garden. Lots to keep you entertained. Would definitely fly with Scoot again
RoutePhuket to Sydney via Singapore

"a little below AirAsia"

Trip Verified | Pretentious and unprofessional. We generally avoid Scoot but for this routing the timing and fare were the best combination we went ahead. Most important: we arrived on time and safely, and so did the luggage, so no complaints about that. But in general this airline is really annoying to fly. Their business class doesn't even have paper towels in the bathrooms - you can dry your hands on facial tissues. No blankets - unless you want to pay $15. (Oh, and though it's a Singapore based airline they charge for extras in USD - because they are bigger.) No entertainment - not even screens. Seats recline somewhat. Food varies from not bad to quite mediocre. Service is officious and rigid - even when there were only ten people in the business class cabin they couldn't bring themselves to be flexible on mealtimes. Everything is about the rules, nothing is about the passengers. I don't think that's the fault of the crew - it is probably the management. Trying to check in on line from Tokyo was impossible because the website - whether the JP website or the SIN website - only supplies Singapore as a point of departure, there are no other choices. Condescending - the pilot refers to the staff as "our Scootees" - as if they are owned property. It's basically a run-of-the-mill low-cost airlines with pretensions. I wouldn't say avoid at all costs; I would say expect a quality of service and professionalism a little below AirAsia and you will probably get what you are looking for.
RouteTokyo to Taipei

"attitude was sincere"

Not Verified | My daughter and I took the flight on 24th May, at 6am, heading to Taipei from Singapore. The flight was very full. The seat that I sat on was broken as it could not recline. I informed your air stewardess, who then tried to make the seat work but failed. She informed her colleague, an air steward, who came over to check the situation. He offered to change our seats to a functioning one. After he went to look for vacant seats, he came back and told us that there were no two empty seats available together but that there were unoccupied ones in the quiet zone. He was very helpful and led us to the quiet zone and helped relocate our heavy luggage overhead. His attitude was sincere and indicated a willingness to help and I was very grateful for his service.
RouteSingapore to Taipei