Frontier Airlines

"Shame on you Frontier Airlines"

Trip Verified | I'm actually typing this from the air on my flight from San Juan, Puerto Rico back to Atlanta.  Several weeks ago I booked a R/T flight thru Frontier to San Juan to celebrate my birthday this past weekend. I've flown with them one other time on a trip to Los Angeles a couple of years back.   Which, I might add for a cross country flight, was uneventful.  Now, departing from Atlanta on Thursday 9/20/18, my flight was delayed an hour for reasons unbeknownst to me.  A mild setback-- but no biggie.  I had a fabulous trip until it was time to depart on Sunday.  Approx 30 min before take off an announcement was made that there would be a delay due to mechanical issues.  Then 15min later we were told that our 440pm flight was going to be delayed until the next day.  After grabbing my bags from baggage claim, I proceeded to the Frontier counter to see what my options were.  The line was wrapped around the building.  I decided to take a chance to see if just maybe I could find another flight with a different airline departing that evening.  Tried Delta, American and Southwest. No such luck!  In fact, many of the counters were closing and their last flights had already departed for the evening. Keep in mind at this point its only around 515ish. So back to Frontier I go and hope for the best.  I stood in line for hours. By around 815pm I finally got up to the counter, was told I was booked for the 11am flight the next day and was given two meal vouchers totalling $25 and are only good for the airport eateries.  When I inquired about accommodations, I was told that at this time they weren't offering any hotel accomodation, assistance, vouchers, nothing. For the sake of time I decided not to argue with the clerk and just took my vouchers and proceeded to look for dinner. Now it's 830pm (which is when I was expected to land in ATL) and most of the shops in the airport are closed with the exception of a coffee shop and one restaurant.  After hiking across the airport, luggage in tow, I see a line at the one restaurant still open for us to use our dinner  voucher.  This has to be a joke.  After 20 min of standing in line with no movement, I gave up.  Went outside to attempt to catch a taxi and it was also a ghost town.  After waiting around for 10min or so an unmarked black van pulled up and asked if I needed a ride.  Could've been a taxi.  Could've been a serial killer. At that point, I didn't care. I was exhausted, my body ached and I just wanted to get to my room.  For $10, he drove me to a hotel in Carolina (Hotel La Playita which was great btw) where I had made reservations while in line for food moments earlier. I know that things happen- sometimes out of our control. I understand that flights are cancelled and delayed all day, every day. That's not my issue.  But the fact that our flight was cancelled due to the plane leaking hydraulic fluid and Frontier making it the passenger's problem to figure everything out, is where I take issue.  Scrambling to find sleeping arrangements, taxis, meals, etc can add up. In my case, my best friend had flown back home to DC on JetBlue so I was stranded alone and having to foot the bill by myself. This cancellation wasn't due to weather or some other natural disaster and the responsibility of their customers fell on Frontier. Shame on you Frontier Airlines in your lack of compassion for your passengers and for totally mishandling this situation.
RouteSan Juan to Atlanta

"terrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Austin to Charlotte. I have never flown with Frontier by choice before. This was my first time purchasing a ticket to fly with Frontier Airlines. I know that it will also be my last. The flight was initially delayed for a tire change. It was a 6:30am flight. It wasn’t until 6:15 (boarding time) that the passengers were given this information and told hat it would be another 45 minutes until boarding. At 7am an agent was sitting at the Frontier ticketing desk wearing the frontier logo and just sat there watching all of the passengers waiting to board. I approached her and asked if there was any update. She answered that tires are pretty important and take time. I replied that I knew this but would appreciate some kind of update being that the quoted 45 minute delay had already passed. She said “ok” and proceeded to sit. Moments later she left the desk and went behind the door to the on ramp and never came back. We didn’t leave until 8am and didn’t arrive to my destination until 1 hour and 45 minutes later. This was one of the worst flights with poor communication and terrible customer service. I don’t foresee a successful future for Frontier Airlines and will never recommend them.
RouteAustin to Charlotte
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"never use Frontier again"

Not Verified | My husband and son had a flight home from Austin, Texas today. They got to the airport and found out it was delayed. They kept delaying it more and more. When I called customer service they told me the flight from Atlanta to New York had air conditioning issues. So I said “what has that got to do with anything”? I asked where the plane was at the moment and they had no clue. The plane finally left 4 hours later. It was a connecting flight at Cincinnati but they didn’t have to get off the plane. Meanwhile online they had all the wrong times when the flight was leaving even after it left. It was delayed in Cincinnati for about 1 1/2 hours. I had to pick them up so after it finally departed I checked online to see when it was going to arrive. Needless to say it had it 1/2 hour after takeoff but it’s a 2 hour flight. So I called customer service again, which is outsourced to the Philippines (which I don’t care if they knew what they were doing) and she said the plane was arriving at 10:20 and it 10:40 and they just departed. I was so angry that I said to the girl “why aren’t your computers updated. That’s very dangerous for people on the ground trying to get information on their loved one 35000 mile in the air. Your website is wrong and you don’t have the proper information either”. She put me on hold and came back with a more reasonable time. So now I have to pick them up at 2:00 in the morning. So I will never use Frontier again and don’t recommend them. Also after you add in the luggage and seat it’s almost as much as any other airline.
RouteAustin to New York
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"chaotic and very unprofessional"

Trip Verified | After long delays, the flight, scheduled for 9:21 pm was canceled. The situation that evolved later was chaotic and very unprofessional. Staff were confused, gave contradictory information and were extremely rude. There were no refreshments offered despite the many hours we had to spend at the gate to be informed about our options. We were given a one night stay at a hotel. no provisions were made to help us out.
RouteWashington to Las Vegas
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"this exceeds my expectations"

Trip Verified | This airline deserves more than its rating! I've been flying with Frontier Airlines for a while. I'm a frequent traveler and this exceeds my expectations a lot in terms of low fare budget airlines. They are not your typical expensive airline so their perks aren't as many as Delta for example, but for what you pay it's much more.
RouteSan Juan to Atlanta
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"never attempt to fly Frontier again"

Trip Verified | Canceled first flight 1 hr before and no one knew why with no other flight options except for days later. Do not recommend booking that same flight option (it’ll get changed too.) you only get reimbursed up to so much. Had to book with other line to get to my destination. So more $$ for one way. And surprise to go back home 10 days later the red eye flight gets delayed - try to see someone at a counter., no one came had to call - now sitting overnight in hopes it takes off next option in am. If canceled next flight option is 4 days from now! If delayed due to weather etc, then understandable but neither of these situations Are even answer. I am by myself and can suck it up sleeping at an airport but if I had kids this would truly be a nightmare. you have to call for any chance, but they do nothing there either. I’m curious if I’ll even get to be on a frontier flight. I truly will never attempt to fly Frontier again.
RouteSeattle to Denver
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"I don't care attitude about it"

Trip Verified | I picked this flight from Denver to Miami to surprise a friend of mine. Got delayed twice. Asked why and they just said the plane hasnt left yet. Over 3 hours of delay. Still waiting to see if I get delayed again. Options is get my money back or get a food voucher. All food places are closed now. Just stay away from Frontier Airlines unless you have hours to kill in an airport. Happens so often that customer service has an I don't care attitude about it. I hope they fix the problems or go out of business.
RouteDenver to Miami

"friendly and helpful"

Trip Verified | St Louis to Las Vegas return. Flight left on time and arrived in Vegas earlier than expected. Left Vegas about 20 minutes later than departure time but that was no biggie. Pilots were informative on both flights and flight attendants were friendly and helpful with assistance.
RouteSt Louis to Las Vegas
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"cabin crew were efficient and attentive"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | This was the best option I had to fly from Orlando to Las Vegas without any layovers and after reading the negative reviews, I went on the plane with butterflies in my stomach (the nervous and painful kind and not the high school crush coming closer kind). I was actually pleased with how smooth the trip went. We flew on time and reached Vegas ahead of schedule. The cabin crew were efficient and attentive and although the seats felt like sitting in a school cafeteria, I didn’t mind them much. I will never forget the moment the female cabin crew picked up the phone and said “yeah, Las Vegas baby” as it was iconic. I didn’t go wrong when choosing Frontier Airlines. Also, I really appreciate the flexibility and the ability to add extra options and perks like extra checked and carry on bags, etc... whenever you feel like it with very reasonable prices.
RouteOrlando to Las Vegas

"Run the other way"

Trip Verified | Where do I start? They charge you for carry-ons. In Denver, there were 8 or 9 desks with only one person accepting checked bags (which they also make you pay for) and a line of more than 50 people! We got to the airport 2.5 hours early and barely made our flight on time. Almost everyone we dealt with from Frontier was rude and/or ambivalent, and they went the extra mile to make sure we felt like cattle. The seats were barely more comfortable than standing and even the tray tables are pathetic. I knew going in it wasn't going to be amazing, but wow was I surprised at just how patently horrific it was to fly on Frontier. Next time I fly, I am going to pay extra to Alaska Airlines, just because they are not Frontier. I will never, ever fly this airline again, in fact, I would prefer riding a seatless bicycle to Denver than flying Frontier Airlines, and that's not hyperbole. With all of their hidden fees and charges, you end up paying more than you would to fly a decent airline anyway. Run the other way away from this awful business.
RoutePortland to Denver