Top 100 Airlines

SunExpress

"the seats felt so old"

Amsterdam to Antalya - I had never had heard of SunExpress before. I always check review and ratings first and I thought "this can't be too bad!". I'm not saying it is my worst flight ever, as the crew were friendly and communicated well. It's just that the planes lack equipment. After I got to my seat, I immediately felt pretty uncomfy. The plane itself and the seats felt so old. There were no TVs or other sources for entertainment. No moving map or flight stats. Don't bother wasting money on food that doesn't even look inviting. Although the crew was nice, I'm probably never going to fly with SunExpress again.
RouteAMS to AYT
Date FlownAugust 2016

"cabin crew was friendlier than Eurowings"

Thessaloniki to Düsserdorf with Eurowings but operated by SunExpress. The plane was a B737-800 which was 15 years old and I can confirm that the plane felt this old. The seat in front of me was half broken, the table didn't have cup holders and the legroom wasn't great for a 190cm man but comfort was okay. The cabin crew was friendlier than usual and offering more than my other flights with Eurowings.
RouteSKG to DUS
Date FlownJune 2016

"we had two enjoyable flights"

We flew from Norwich to Dalaman on a Thomas Cook charter using SunExpress. The plane was clean and the flight attendants were pleasant. SunExpress does have a low cost feel to it, but all said and done we had two enjoyable flights.
RouteNWI to DAL
Date FlownAugust 2015

"a delay with SunExpress of 5 hours"

(Spain)

We had a delay with SunExpress of 5 hours. It took us nearly one hour to get information. After that they only gave us a bottle of water and a litle sandwich. I mede a claim to them because we arrived very late, nearly lose our car rental and arrive at 11 pm at Kusadasi to the hotel, loosing our paid dinner paid. I received no kind of explanation.
RouteKayseri to Izmir
Date FlownAugust 2015

SunExpress customer review

The flight was on time and the crew onboard were very nice. The plane was a four year-old Boeing 737-800 leased from GOL. The seat was comfortable, it was also from GOL. The onboard service was good, but you have to pay for food and drinks. The prices for food and drinks were ok. In the seat pocket were lots of magazines. There was no Inflight entertainment but it will be retrofitted. Also there was no WiFi connection it will be retrofitted too. SunExpress is a great holiday airline.
AircraftBoeing 737-8EH(WL)
RouteEnfidha to Frankfurt
Date FlownSeptember 2014

SunExpress customer review

IST-FRA. The plane was very old seats worn out and very hard. The outside and the interior of the plane looked as if it had been used for a cross-country race. It did not give me the feeling that the plane was very safe! No priority of boarding was given to families with small children. The service was ok but not very friendly. Food was almost thrown into your face and was very basic. The prices are not always much cheaper than THY and their service and planes are a sometimes a bit better and sometimes much better. I will not travel with SunExpress any more if I do not have to!

SunExpress customer review

Izmir to Zurich. Great value for money aircraft confortable breakfast served and tasty crew very attentive. Cannot fault any aspect of this service for the fare paid.

SunExpress customer review

Van to Izmir (Turkey). The crew made no effort to give priority to mothers and kids before boarding. Many women with babies got into a very bad situation. When I asked about the problem; they shortly stated that they do not have sufficient personnel in Van (Ferit Melen) airport; which is ridiculous. Everything else was fine.

SunExpress customer review

Izmir to Tegel. Plane was clean and well kept. Airline ground staff in Izmir spoke only Turkish rude to passengers - both Turkish and foreign. Flight crew also not a prime example of friendliness but a bit better than ground staff.

SunExpress customer review

Antalya to Frankfurt Boeing 757 code share flight with Turkish airlines. The interior of the 757 was clean and looked new with seats that proved to be confortable and good legroom. Safety announcements on screen that did not work too well (several interruptions in demonstrations). Inflight service consisted of a free small snack with hot and cold drinks and a movie was projected on overhead screens although no earphones were distributed. Part of the crew was very nice and the rest did not seem to care trying to distribute meals as quickly as possible to rest in the galley.