Swiss Intl Air Lines

"good airline in terms of comfort"

Trip Verified | Their planes are very comfortable and have great airport staff/flight crews. However, Swiss is terrible at baggage handling and customer service. The flight from FCO to ZRH was delayed about an hour & 10 minutes. Unfortunately, this meant we wouldn't catch our flight from ZRH to EWR as that flight was scheduled to depart five minutes before we arrived. My dad called Swiss who explained that they would provide us a voucher for a hotel near the Zurich airport and that they would make room on United 135 that would depart the next morning. Fast-forward to about fifteen minutes before we landed in Zurich, the flight attendants announce that our flight to EWR was delayed! In the jetbridge, we met a guy who thought there was a 40% chance that our bags would make it to our delayed connection. He then took us across the apron (where planes are parked) in an airport van to a secret security booth; he could not have been nicer, by the way. We made it to our flight and flew home to Newark, which was a pleasant flight. When we got to the luggage claim, none of our bags showed up because Swiss doesn't scan the barcodes on the bags. Luckily, the airport informed us that our bags would be on the flight the next day, that our bags would be delivered to our house, and that they would call us when the bags arrived. Under 36 hours later, we got a call at 05:17 (am) that our bags were waiting for us outside. To sum up, Swiss is a good airline in terms of comfort and good airport/flight crews but terrible at customer service.
AircraftA330-300
RouteNew York JFK to Zurich
Date FlownJuly 2018

"not possible to sit together"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Zurich. As a family it was not possible to sit together. The reservation for the baby bassinet was free but as a father, I would have had to pay CHF 100.- to sit besides my wife. The staff on the phone told us to reserve the seat for my wife and baby, and wait until the online check in opened to sit besides each other. Unfortunately, even though I checked in 23:59h before the departure, the seats we already assigned. Check In: we saw that there was another (international) SWISS flight earlier than hours so we decided to come early to the airport and check in with them. The staff told us, they could not check us in, even if they were the same airline, we had to wait until the check in of our specific flight. The staff did not tell us that we needed to order the special baby food for our second child (1,5 years old).
RouteDubai to Zurich
Date FlownJuly 2018

"customer service was pretty bad"

Not Verified | I found the leg room is a fair bit less than other international airlines, but overall it’s passable. But their customer service (not inflight) was pretty bad, my flight from Barcelona to Zurich was rescheduled to Emirates (well not complaining about this), but notified me 3 hours prior departure time via email, lucky I was just randomly checking my email on the way to the airport. And I also paid around 50 euro for preselecting seats for 2 connection flights (Barcelona to Zurich, Zurich to Singapore), emailed them multiple times for refund and did not get a response at all, and it has been 3 months!
RouteSingapore to Zurich
Date FlownApril 2018

"helpful and super friendly"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Zurich. Cabin is so nice and clean. Cabin crew are very helpful and super friendly, walking down the aisle quite often to offer assistance. Good food. Flight was so smooth. Apples, crackers and bottles of water were put out on the counter in the kitchen area for passengers to grab if needed.
RouteLos Angeles to Zurich
Date FlownJune 2018

"I recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | New York to Mumbai via Zurich. The seat was very comfortable and the decor was pleasing to the eye. The entertainment options were a bit limited compared to other airlines, but they were enough.The food was better than other airlines and I especially liked the chocolates. I recommend this airline. It would have been better if the WiFi was free.
RouteNew York to Mumbai via Zurich
Date FlownMay 2018

"Great job Swiss!"

Trip Verified | Hanover to Athens via Zurich. First time flown with the new CS-100. Nice and modern interieur, but the aircraft is quiet noisy and also some strange noise while using landing flaps when sitting in the back part of the plane. 3 from 4 flights have been in time. Crew was friendly and professional, on all flights snack and beverage have been served for free, even website said no meals. Return flight from ATH had 75 mins delay, according to pilot because they had to change the aircraft due to technical problem. Even the remaning transfer time in ZRH had been 20 mins only I made the connection. Before landing they inform passengers on overhead screens which connections are still available and which alternative they would offer. Great job Swiss!
AircraftCS-100, A-321
RouteHanover to Athens via Zurich

"seats were super tight"

Trip Verified | I flew from Hong Kong to Zurich in Business Class. I felt the seats were super tight compared to business class seats of other airlines. I could not sleep well as the temperature in the cabin was so high and the seat was not very comfortable either. Food was very average. Bread roles and hot dish in the morning was not good. Inflight entertainment is very poor compared to for example Singapore Airlines or Cathay. Flight attendants were very friendly but slow.
RouteHong Kong to Zurich
Date FlownJune 2018

"less than mediocre experience"

Trip Verified | The first leg of the trip, from Geneva to Zurich, was ok. The ground staff in Geneva weren't polite. At least, in contrast to the ground staff, the flight attendants were very friendly and welcoming. A downside was the absence of on board drinks variety. You could only get a bottle of water, no coffee or juice. The second leg was a bit worse. The ground staff, from the lady who provided transit information to the ladies in charge of the gate, were rude and unfriendly. Especially, one of the ground staff ladies was looking around for people with large (but not bigger than allowed) handbags, and asking their owners to check them. Onboard, even though there was a wide range of beverages to choose from, we got a small snack (a quiche), for a ~3 hours flight. We arrived with a 30 minute delay. It was a less than mediocre experience.
RouteGeneva to Athens via Zurich
Date FlownJune 2018

" seats feel claustrophobic"

Trip Verified | After my flight from Athens to Zurich, I really don't know why I should fly Swiss anymore. Seat pitch for most seats (in the A320/A321 aircraft) is 29 inch. The seats feel claustrophobic, and don't provide a head rest. I understand that I was flying in Economy class, but I still don't understand why an airline can't provide a minimum of comfort also to Economy class passengers. The ticket was not that cheap.
RouteAthens to Zurich
Date FlownJune 2018

"unacceptable management and customer service"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Unreliable and lousy airline. The flight from London LHR to Geneva was cancelled after 2h spent onboard, with different reasons given every 30 min, with the last 30 min spent on the bridge. Not a single person from the airline to help and provide a quick solution for the ~150 passengers. Two more hours of waiting at the airport to get a hotel voucher - some were rebooked on flights two days later and would have had to get back for a new voucher the following day (airline policy: provide a single-night voucher even if the customer is rebooked days later)! I was rebooked on to a flight 2 days later, the following morning I check their website and see there are several seats available on route from LHR to Switzerland for the same day. I called their call center 3 times to finally secure a seat on a plane the same day (1 day later than the original schedule). The previous calls were met with abstruse excuses: several flights have been cancelled (not true, since this was easily checked on the airport website), all our flights are full (not true, since tickets could be still bought on the airline's website). Seriously, unacceptable management and customer service. Afterwards: claiming for compensation is met with silence or contempt. Swiss has no telephone based customer service, only email-based. After more than two weeks - obviously no answer yet. I strongly recommend avoiding this airline.
RouteLondon to Geneva