Iberia

"asked to surrender hand luggage"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Madrid to London. Boarding chaotic. Due to flight being busy passengers towards the end of the queue were asked to surrender hand luggage. Instead of this being identified at the boarding gate it was decided when passengers had almost boarded. We were then led back up the corridor and had to toss our cases down a chute. The staff ran out of tags and had to leave the passengers waiting. Very poor - not what you expect from Iberia. easyJet and Ryanair do better than this!
RouteMadrid to London
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"upgrade to business class"

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Madrid. When checking-in online, the airline offered for 49€ the possibility to upgrade to business class, that I accepted. The upgrade included the option to pass through fast-track on security at Lisbon airport. I found a very fair offer. Boarding more chaotic due to lack of space at Lisbon airport (gate S19) and through bus (no jet bridge). Meal served on business class quite good (not expected for an 1 hour flight). Full dinner: salad, sirloin, cheese, yoghurt, and feee bread servide as well as drinks available. No main dish choice available nevertheless. As IFE only the board magazine, no wifi available. The flight had a 20 min delay, captain apologized for that.
RouteLisbon to Madrid

"Boarding fairly organized"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Madrid to Lisbon. Late friday night flight, on-time. Boarding procedures were fairly organized being priorities respected wothout any mess. Once on-board hostesess were concerned about fluidity of boarding immediately helping passengers who seemed lost or unable to place their luggage properly. No Wi-fi on board, only a board magazine as IFE. No meal service (only "à la carte") for economy class.
RouteMadrid to Lisbon
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Good flight, not exceptional"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Good flight, not exceptional. Nothing I can put my finger on to moan about but it did not achieve the high standards that I enjoy when I fly Business class with Delta or Alitalia. The food was good not great. The seat is a very good seat, proper lie flat and was comfortable. Staff were good but for business class not great. Entertainment was not that good, a nice screen but quite a limited selection of movies. A free hour of Wifi was a nice touch as an hour is typically all I need and it is nice not to have an additional cost on top of an already expensive flight. I would recommend Iberia's business class product I just would not do so enthusiastically.
RouteSão Paulo to Madrid

"I missed my flight "

Trip Verified | Naples to Miami via Madrid. It's now 10:15 p.m. and I have been up since I missed my flight and I am now in a hotel room provided by Iberia. Bad experience at airport, terrible, no one wants to help you and it's huge to get from one gate to the other from T4s to T4 and vice a versa, exhausted.
RouteNaples to Miami via Madrid
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"the trip was quite smooth"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Madrid to Rio de Janeiro. On both legs the trip was quite smooth, both on check-in, boarding procedures, flight. Exception to be made on Barajas airport passport control (though not liable to Iberia). Seats were quite comfortable and IFE quite modern with a huge selection of movies. I missed foot rest (even on economy it can be of great help for a comfortable journey). Staff on board really indifirent to passengers, showing some tireness on their faces on the oubound leg. On the inbound, staff were more helpful and smiling. Also had the opportunity to see one of the air hostesses doing something I always dreamed of, that is to kindly ask passengers to put their seats on vertical position during meal service. Must mention also that on A330-300 on the outbound flight I had seat 22A which was a huge error. Quite unfair as passenger travelling on 21A had two windows only for him There is no window at all and you feel stuck for 10hours, with no space, no window, no view, no choices, and a passenger on your right. Fortunately IFE was quite good and I could concentrate on the screen rather then having a panic attack. Three food services during the flight was quite enough and quality acceptable.
RouteMadrid to Rio de Janeiro

"a good experience"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Buenos Aires return via Madrid. All flights were fine without any problems. Departure of first flight (FRA-MAD) was delayed by 20 minutes. While we were waiting at the gate, the captain went through the cabin and asked passengers if they had any questions. A great gesture, never seen this before. I was worried about my connection, but finally the flight arrived on time in Madrid. Had to change terminals (4 to 4S) and go through passport control, which took 35 minutes. By the way Madrid is a great airport, clean, great architecture and easy connections. Flight to Buenos Aires was very relaxed. Seat was spacious and comfortable, good IFE and nice crew. I liked the Airbus A340-600 because of its 2-4-2 seat configuration. First meal was very delicious, second meal was a snack box, which was okay. There were snacks and drinks available at the galley, but FA’s could have done more drink rounds between meals. Same experience on the return flight from Buenos Aires to Madrid. Had a long layover at Madrid (5 hours) and decided to spend 30 Euros for the airport lounge including showers, free drinks and food, which was a good investment before my last flight to Frankfurt. All in all it was a good experience with Iberia.
AircraftA340-600 and A319/A320
RouteFrankfurt to Buenos Aires via Madrid

"Not punctual at all"

Trip Verified | Worst airline experience. Not punctual at all, laid back attitudes, dirty cabin. My family and I used Iberia to fly on 7/14/18 from New York to Zagreb via Madrid. We were excited to use it and we looked forward to this trip. Unfortunately, this turned out to be the worst traveling experience for my family and I so far. We were delayed 2.5hrs right from the start and we barely made it onto our connecting flight. Our bags were delayed for 3 days making this even more of a horrible experience. Since Croatia wasn't our final destination, we had to go back to Croatia to get our baggage. First three days of our vacation were destroyed and filled with frustration. Service inside the plane was decent, but since the plane was cleaned in a rush, we ended up getting dirty, filthy blankets. Our seat trays were filthy. One of our TV screens didn't work. The plane was one of the most outdated ones that I have seen in the last several years. We will never use Iberia again.
RouteNew York to Zagreb via Madrid
Date FlownJuly 2018

"worst airline customer service"

Trip Verified | I had a recent trip with Iberia from Frankfurt to Boston via Madrid in July 2018. My flight from Frankfurt to Madrid was cancelled, just a night before my flight. Since my flight IB3127 was cancelled I could not depart from Frankfurt according to my original booking plan. I was rebooked and reached my destination with a 8 hours of delay. According to the European law Iberia should compensate me for the delay, but they refuse to do that. Iberia only sends me automatic answers and do not disclose the reason for the cancellation. The worst airline customer service.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteFrankfurt to Boston via Madrid
Date FlownJuly 2018

"an airline I would recommend"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Miami to Madrid on 3rd October 2017 with my wife. A late afternoon flight to arrive at dawn in Madrid. Check in was late for about 25 minutes but was fairly efficient and the Iberia ground staff were polite and courteous. After check in and luggage drop, went for TSA control which went ok, albeit rather slower than when arrived and took an internal flight. Boarding was delayed for about 40 minutes and we ended up asked to board last again, even though our seats were in the middle of the aircraft. Once aboard staff were fast to serve dinner as soon as the aircraft fully completed take off. blankets were handed out rather fast as well, and lights were dimmed. Aircon was at a pleasant temperature for the whole flight. During the evening flight staff were passing by and were available when we needed water or juice. Flight arrived on time despite the delays on the ground. Landing at Barajas was very smooth and pleasant. Food was tasty, and the inflight enetrtainment was sufficient for a flight of that length.Overall, an airline I would recommend. I do not award full marks due to the luggage policy and the delays.
RouteMiami to Madrid