Vote Now

Iberia

"won't hesitate to fly them again"

Verified Review | Zürich to Palma de Mallorca via Madrid. The first leg of my trip to the Island of Mallorca was a rather underwhelming experience. The seats were worn, the cabin filthy and some parts of the cabin interior were loose and needed a fix. The temperature onboard was far too warm - maybe a trick by the crew to push the inflight-sale of drinks? On the positive side, the flight was full and the crew happily helped me to find a space for my cabin luggage as I was among the last passengers to board. Another big plus was the fact that the aircraft was pushed back from the stand on the clock and touched down in Barajas 20 minutes before schedulded arrival. The second leg to Palma on Iberia Express, a couple of hours later, was a much better experience. The aircraft interior looked clean and fresh and so did the cheerful all-female cabin crew. I especially liked their colourful uniforms. Once again the flight left on time and touched down a couple of minutes before schedulded arrival. Happy smiles and warm "bye-byes" to the leaving passengers at the aircraft door. I won't hesitate to fly with them again.
RouteZürich to Palma via Madrid
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"nice experience with Iberia"

(Spain)

Verified Review | I flew from Athens to Madrid a few days ago with my family. It was a 3.5 hour flight. The flight was on time, they are very punctual. The stewardesses were kind. As a Spanish airline they speak Spanish and English too. Also I could heard some explainings in Greek (good thing for the people from Greece). The legroom was quite smaller, but the seats were very comfortable. It was a "short" flight so they didn't serve food. It was a nice experience with Iberia. I recommend it!
RouteAthens to Madrid

"the cabin is spacious"

Verified Review | Madrid to London Heathrow. Deliberately booked this flight as it is planned as a wide-bodied aircraft. Held for a long time on the airbridge for no apparent reason. Allocated seat 31C on booking and no opportunity to change it before boarding. Décor onboard subdued with brown cloth seating and seats very hard. However the cabin is spacious and a 2-4-2 layout gives a fair amount of room. Although a shorter flight than usual for this aircraft full IFE was working with a reasonable selection of movies and TV shows available, although this was switched off 15 minutes before landing for some reason. All shorter flights no longer offer even a complimentary drink, never mind a snack. Carriers like this need to realise customers book with them, rather than LCC's, for slightly more room and better service and as this is now lacking why do they still charge far higher prices? I have one more flight booked with an IAG company this year and it will be my last.
AircraftA340-600
RouteMadrid to London
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"only one of our two cases turned up"

Verified Review | Manchester to Santiago de Chile via Madrid. Computer problems cause significant problems for us. Could not check in on line on 3 February and when we arrived at check in at Manchester the computer was still down. Took 35 mins to check in and although our luggage was checked through, there was no allocation of the seats from Madrid to Santiago. In Madrid we were allocated the last two seats on the plane. Not good. I ended next to an obese lady, not pleasant for an hour during waiting and take off. Fortunately she was relocated after take off. The flight and food were okay. I had a lovely chicken dish and the service was prompt which is really good for an overnight flight. Managed plenty of sleep. On arrival only one of our two cases turned up. It took nearly 90 minutes at the desk to register a delayed case, not what you need after a 13h flight. The case was delivered 27h later, but there was no offer of anything to help us during this period when we were without toiletries and a chane of underwear.
RouteManchester to Santiago via Madrid
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"slow and messy boarding"

(Italy)

Verified Review | Flown from Lisbon to Naples via Madrid with Iberia. My reservation included two people but our seats on the flight were assigned far to each other - the check-in desk asked 17 EUR each to get us a place close to each other. Slow and messy boarding. The plane was almost full, so hand luggage was stored for free - that's been nice. No drinks included even though it's a flag carrier company. Flight was on-time.
RouteLIS to NAP via MAD
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"friendly cabin crew"

Verified Review | I flew from Madrid to Zurich on a mileage reward flight in Iberia's economy class. The flight was only about 1/4 full and therefore, the friendly cabin crew offered the passengers of the economy cabin to take a seat in the first economy rows with better sitting comfort. I did not use the catering service. The only point which i found not okay is the lack of any cleaning of this aircraft before departure - table, seats and floor not clean at all.
RouteMAD to ZRH
Date FlownDecember 2016

"very good and kind service"

Verified Review | Zurich to Madrid on a mileage reward flight and got an upgrade into Business class. Very good and kind service although the flight was almost completely booked and good food and beverage quality. Overall good cleanliness of the cabin but no soap dispenser at the toilet - however Iberia provides seperate sealed soap. The aircraft (EC-MFO) belonged to Air France until Spring 2015 which means a different seat and comfort condition (e.g. no reclinable seats at all).

"quick cautionary note"

Verified Review | Gatwick to Malaga. A quick cautionary note for when things go wrong. We were not able to travel on this booking and required assistance from Iberia Customer Services. This was possibly one of the most painful experiences I have ever had. Initially I attempted to cancel the flights via telephone. They were non-refundable so all I was asking for was an email to confirm that the booking had been cancelled and that we were not eligible for a refund. Iberia were unable to do this. Subsequently I attempted to contact the airline by email (for a written record this time). Again, all I was asking for was an email stating that we did not use the flights and that the booking was non-refundable. Four months later, I have managed to at last get the required document from Iberia. By way of comparison, and despite having booked through Iberia, one of the flights was a BA code share. Iberia said that we would have to go to BA for proof that we did not board that flight. One form on the BA website and one week later, BA had provided the email. I would therefore suggest that it was a relatively simple task made impossibly difficult by Iberia's hideous Customer Service.
RouteLGW to AGP
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"It is a small incident"

Verified Review | It is my first time flying with Iberia, in Business class from Zurich to Madrid. I went to Zurich airport, and waiting on the Business class line when it is my turn, the Iberia Lady behind the desk asked a young couple on the Economy class line to do the check-in at Business class line. I went to ask the lady what happened and I was told the couple has been waiting for long time, because the economy line's computer had a problem, so she judges herself that it would be fair to let them go before me, and it will only take 2 minutes. Her supervisor came by and he told me in private, that there is no difference between Business passenger and Economy passengers at Iberia. It is a small incident, but it shows the mentality of Iberia staff and the company, the onboard experience confirm further that. Iberia is far behind the leading companies such as Swiss or Qatar. Will I fly again with Iberia? No.
Date FlownDecember 2016

"good and attentive service"

Verified Review | Zurich to Madrid with Iberia. Very punctual and quiet flight; good and attentive service from the crew. However - the food variety in Business Class on this flight is poor. I have take this flight several times in the last 20 months - you'll get a good quality meal but it's about the same every second time.
Date FlownNovember 2016