Top 100 Airlines

Iberia

"recommend to not fly"

Verified Review | Madrid to Rio de Janeiro economy class with Iberia. I would recommend to not fly with this airline. We know its economy and what to expect but the fact that it was a long journey flight we expected some sort of service. The staff were rude, we were served water twice (in small cups) and when I asked I didn't get a bottle for at least 30 minutes. There was no personal inflight entertainment screens, just a main screen in the cabin and as I was sitting by the window I was unable to stretch my eyesight and see anything. It was the most uncomfortable long haul day flight I have ever taken.
RouteMAD to GIG

"never use Iberia again"

Verified Review | Buenos Aires to Madrid. Another cramped, uncomfortable long-haul Iberia flight with minimal and poor quality food and services. This 12 hour flight had the added distinction of being on an ancient plane effectively no inflight entertainment, unless you count a single old CRT monitor at the from of each cabin. Following a missed connection in Madrid on the outbound journey to Lat Am rushing from T4 to T4S, we managed to make this connection as we did not have to change terminals. Connection time was 1hr 25mins, but this was barely enough. We made the gate with seconds to spare. T4S is vast and we and several passengers had to run like crazy for a very long distance to make the gate in time. Such was the panic and stress that two of our fellow passengers did not even have time to put their shoes back on after removing them for security, and did the remainder of the run in their socks. I will never use Iberia again for long-haul or connect in Madrid.
RouteEZE to LHR via MAD
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"the worst experience"

Verified Review | London Gatwick to Sao Paulo via Madrid. I take over 100 flights annually, and this was the worst experience for years. When Iberia sold me a flight with a 55 min connection time in Madrid, little did I realise that there was virtually no chance to make this. 2 hours should be the minimum in this nightmarish airport, especially between terminals. Not for the unfit or easily stressed. Normal flight from LGW to MAD, which landed about 8 mins late. I was assured by the flight crew that there should be no problem. Landed at Terminal 4. On disembarking we (family of 5) were directed to bus with a few other connecting passengers. Waited in the bus for 15 mins for no apparent reason. I didn't panic because we were in Iberia's hands and I felt sure the onward flight was held for us and the others. The bus journey took another 15 mins to get to T4S, which is very far away from T4. Barajas in massive and a terrible place to connect, especially if you have to connect. Instead of the bus taking us to the next gate, we were dropped at the entrance to T4S. We all ran like crazy the very long distance to Gate 37, through a vast and empty terminal, up and down badly signed stairs and escalators. We saw the gate in the distance and felt reassured. Plane was there, and ground crew were at the gate. We were denied boarding on the grounds that they shut the doors 15 mins before scheduled departure no matter what. We begged and argued for nearly 30 mins to open the gate no avail, during which time the plane stayed attached to the jetty. Staff were extremely rude, unsympathetic and unhelpful. We were sent to a hotel and put on a flight at midday the following day, making me miss a whole day of meetings, which had a knock-on effect on my Lat Am trip. No compensation offered. Flight to GRU characterised by cramped conditions, food extremely low in quality and quantity and surly service. Was shouted at for asking for a glass of water from a flight attendant. Never again will I use Iberia long-haul or connect in Madrid.
RouteLGW to GRU via MAD
Date FlownDecember 2015

"pleased with every aspect"

My wife and I flew Iberia yesterday from Los Angeles to Madrid. We chose the airline for the convenience of it being a non stop flight. We were very pleased with every aspect of the flight. The aircraft was new and there was obvious pride on the part of the crew. They were friendly, accommodating and very professional. The leg room in economy class was adequate (I am 6'2"). The food was as good as airline food can be. We had the choice of chicken or pasta and we both chose chicken. The aircraft offered personal entertainment for each passenger with plenty of options. There was a unique feature of a camera mounted on the tail of the plane showing the take off and landing - nice touch. Finally, we arrived 20 minutes early and our luggage came out on the carousel in a timely fashion.
RouteLAX to MAD

"nice crew both ways"

(Taiwan)

Verified Review | All flights perfectly on time. Nice A330 on the way out, a testing flight. Nice seat and full meal, which was very good. Only 2 red wines, but good enough. A321 on the way back, business cabin has economy seats with free seat in the middle. Meal was good too. Nice crew both ways. Lugage came quickly in GVA. Was on a connecting flight to and from Bogota with Avianca.
AircraftA330 / A321
RouteGVA to MAD

"service superb"

(Spain)

Great flight/product from Iberia. Check in no lines, security thru priority lines. British Airways lounge at JFK very nice but a bit crowded. Boarding on time, very nice FA's. Once on board delayed because of technical problems. The pilot apologised several times and kept us informed. Finally departed 2 hours late. Service superb. FA's did their best, always with a smile. Food great, the best in years on Business Class. The seat feels very private. Could manage 4 hours spleep. Barajas easy to walk. Bags on belt a bit late.
AircraftA340-600
RouteJFK to MAD
Date FlownApril 2016

"training on customer service"

Verified Review | New York JFK to Madrid, and the flight was very average. The Iberia Flight attendants were more interested in each other than the passengers. Upon arrival I had a close transfer to Casablanca, as did others to various locations. Some of the passengers were provided a guide to assist them to their connecting flight. No one was available for me. I did ask for assistance and was told to run fast. I missed my connecting flight by 2 minutes and I lost my luggage for two days. On my return flight from Marrakech to Casablanca and then on to Madrid on April 14th, I lost the same luggage again for three days. I have all of my lost luggage documents as a "keepsake." Iberia has old aircraft and some newer aircraft. They have poor luggage handling, and generally poor service. They need training on customer service. My return trip from Madrid to JFK was a good flight with a very competent crew. My compliments. However, I will avoid this carrier in the future. My back ground is that I fly many airlines around the globe. I have traveled extensively for the past 36 years, and never complained or written a poor review until now.
RouteJFK to MAD

"no personal entertainment"

Verified Review | Panama to Munich via Madrid with Iberia was really bad. Really old plane and not well maintained - dirty toilets, dirty lights and seats and a lot of broken tables. No personal entertainment system at all. My girlfriend had to vomit a couple of times and the crew barely helped and was unfriendly.
RoutePTY to MUC via MAD
Date FlownApril 2016

"old aircraft with worn seats"

Verified Review | Rio de Janeiro to London via Madrid with Iberia. Simply horrible. Old aircraft with seats so worn out that metal frame cuts into a back. Miniscule leg space, even for me and I am very short person, just below 1.60m. Everyone sat with their legs stretched into the aisle, so had to walk over the feet to the toilets. When someone in the cabin used overhead light it would lighten the whole cabin and wake up everyone around. No personal entertainment, just a shared TV at the front of the cabin with black patches on the screen. Absolute disgrace for the airline to be operating an aircraft so old, and on the long haul flights too. Especially considering that price they charge is the same as if no higher than other airlines that operate newer planes. I booked with them only because they are OneWorld Partners, but never again!
AircraftA340-300
RouteGIG to LHR via MAD
Date FlownApril 2016

"superb food, lovely staff"

Verified Review | A first class trip to and from Madrid and Havana with Iberia. Superb food, lovely staff, comfortable seats and great entertainment. This was as good as Cathay Pacific - what a surprise. If you get a chance to travel on the new planes take it. The Madrid business lounge is impressive too.
RouteHAV to MAD