Turkish Airlines

"Food service was poor"

Verified Review | Washington to Istanbul. Food service was poor. They run out of dinner with fish after serving almost 50 passengers and I had no other option but pasta with cheese sauce. My return on Sept 19 2017 was terrible. A woman was changing her baby's diaper by the food service area. Flight attendant was incapable of doing something about it. During dinner time they once again run out and I was served this time eggplant with rice. By the time they service our section my food was cold. I gave my dinner back. When I told the flight attendant she said 'she will let her supervisor know' but nobody came to talk to me nor offered anything else to eat. I believe I had to get upset like other passengers to receive better dinner and service. I have been flying with Turkish Airlines for 15 years and have lost confidence for the quality service and competency of keeping passengers satisfaction.
RouteWas to Izmir
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"decline in catering quality "

Verified Review | Toronto to Istanbul. Check in and boarding were smooth. Onboard, the aircraft interior looked worn, the air was stale and sticky. The socks and bottles of salad dressing from the previous flight were left on the seat indicating a poor clean-up and prep effort. The seat was comfortable in both the upright and lie flat position allowing me to get a decent night's sleep. The catering was a let-down and a significant deterioration from what I have experienced on previous TK flights. There were no pre meal canapés, appetizers were limited and main course was bone dry. The wine list featured the same labels as they had 12 months ago. The IFE was OK but could have used more recent releases. The FA's were slow in their service and tended to mill around the galley. Toilets were kept in reasonably good state throughout the flight. The wifi was good and operated without interruption. The flight left late but landed on schedule. Overall it was a decent experience but the decline in catering quality was very obvious.
RouteToronto to Istanbul

"such a worn out plane"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | Bad experience I was flying from Istanbul to Prague by TK1769 on Aug 28. The plane has been A321 and I have never seen such a worn out plane. Personal entertainment system was not functioning. The biggest problem was that my seat did not fix in upright position, which was making both me and the passenger behind very uncomfortable. I felt like plane must be 20 years+ old just to find out it is ex Jet Airways (India) plane, only 8.5 years old. The plane was really poor and crew visibly uninterested to try resetting entertainment system or finding a suitable seat for me. They did not care. Very disappointing.
RouteIstanbul to Prague
Date FlownAugust 2017

"prefer to be home on time"

Verified Review | Cologne to Shiraz via Istanbul. My first plane was delayed in Cologne so I couldn't catch my next flight so Turkish Airlines offered a ticket for my final destination which was due in 18 hours. In such situations you can either go to a hotel and rest or take a city tour. The hotel was supposedly 5 star, I would not say that my residence was bad, but I prefer to be home on time.
RouteCologne to Shiraz via Istanbul

18th September 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Hi, we apologize for not getting you to the final destination on the time. As is the case in every other industry, unexpected issues may occur in the aviation industry, too, and we would like to share with you the fact that some of these happen outside our control. We would like to state that we strive to eliminate such undesirable unpleasant situations. Your feedback is of guidance to us toward improving our services in this regard. Sending to us your views both positive and negative after every one of your flights would, without a doubt, lead us toward providing better service. Respectfully yours.

"impressed with hard products "

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | London to Kuala Lumpur via Istanbul. Really impressed with the hard products and 9 abreast seats in B777 economy. Even more impressed with the live television services, though limited channels. I would not have imagined watching a UEFA Champions League / World Cup qualifier game whilst travelling intercontinental. Food is good relative to other airlines. Was relieved that my check-in luggage made it through to Kuala Lumpur, after there was a 50 minutes delay from my departure at Heathrow. At Istanbul, I was off the plane and straightaway dashed to my connection gate. Made it into the connection to Kuala Lumpur, but was resigned that my luggage wouldn't make it and may come in on the following flight. Thankfully, it reached KUL together with me. One reservation about the hardproduct is seat pitch, especially on the A330. I'm 6 foot 1, and really feel the tightness. Not much improvement on the B777, but perhaps bearable for a 9 hours flight.
AircraftA330 / Boeing 777
RouteLondon to Kuala Lumpur via Istanbul

18th September 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

First of all, thank you for sparing your precious time and sharing your feedback with us. Turkish Airlines, which has achieved its current level of success thanks to your support, aims to give you always the best service. Your valuable opinions constitute a great source of power for our efforts intended to achieve our goal. We have shared your opinions on our service quality and about the seat pitch with our relevant department. Wishing to have the privilege of accompanying you during your travels for many more years to come, please accept our regards.

"expected to be able to sleep"

(Saudi Arabia)

Verified Review | London to Riyadh via Istanbul. I booked a seat by the window on the right-hand side. The flight left at 01:20 so I expected to be able to sleep. On going through the gate security the staff scribbled out the seat number and wrote the same row (31, I believe, the second to last row) but wrote seat E. I asked why and they said the plane had been changed but it was the same size as the first leg and I was supposed to be in the exact same seat - 31F. I tried to engage them further but they just waved me off. The flight attendants on board said the flight was overbooked which was a lie. The person next to me, who had taken my seat, was a woman with a crying baby. I said nothing to her as that would be rude, and I'm not as rude as Turkish Airlines' staff. This is by no means the first time it has happened, but only seems to be leaving or entering Saudi Arabia. Sometimes I appreciate a woman doesn't want to be seated next to a male stranger, but this woman was still next to me, and had the side of the plane to lean on - exactly why I chose to book the seat in advance, instead of just turning up knowing the staff will steal someone else's. One good point was she had a huge, blow up cushion between her and the aircraft window which I will look for and use when I fly in future, with a different airline of course.
RouteLondon to Riyadh via Istanbul

11th September 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Hi, first and foremost, we would like to indicate our sincere apologies for the trouble you had. As giving our passengers who choose us on their travels the service they deserve and delivering this excellently are among our priority targets, we again have experienced how important your feedback is. So for further investigation of your unsatisfied experience, kindly leave your feedback on our feedback form bit.ly/thy_form We will surely get back to you with detailed explanation.

"Food was very good with options"

(Vietnam)

Verified Review | Hong Kong - Istanbul - Copenhagen on B777-300 and A321, respectively. Flew 5+6 September 2017. Both flights on time. I arrived very early due to few connections to HKG from my departure town Danang by Vietnam with a LCC carrier, Jetstar. Thus I had to leave transit and pick luggage after immigration. However, I could not check in early in HKG so I had to take the Airport Express train and backtrack myself some 40 km downtown for city check in which is possible 8 hours prior to departure while in Airport only 4 hours are granted. The city check-in took 2 minutes when finally there, but to access the Kowloon station in question (for city check-in) took me >1 hour. By checking in there I got rid of my luggage and the BP issued granted me lounge access upon returning to HKG airport. I tried all three Star-alliance lounges and found Silverkris having the best food, drinks, and staff, while the Thai and United lounges had stunning panorama view towards the tarmac making up for modest food and drink supplies (and no champagne) and very few staff. Onboard the FAs are friendly and caring. However, all appear to be of only one (Turkish?) nationality. This is a pity as they obvious have received limited, internal training - which results in a less perfect flight experience as the FA’s, in general, have lower skills and possess limited, modest exposure. The wandering cook onboard is superfluous in my view and makes a clown out of himself. IFE good. Headphones were of superb quality (“Devon”). Chairs turned into spacious flat beds. Full set of bedsheets provided. Toilets clean throughout. Food was very good with options. Two full meal rounds served on this 12 hour flight - plus dine on demand was apparently possible (hot snacks). Drinks fine with G.H. Mumms champagne. Transit in Istanbul is normally a hassle but this time it went smooth and no queues. CIP lounge is a breeze – I had nice shower and a delicious breakfast. The last sector IST-CPH was on an A321-200 with true business class seats (2 x 2 configuration) and good service including offering champagne in mini-bottles. Only 6 seats were occupied (out of 20) on this morning flight. IFE also good.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER + A321
RouteHong Kong to Copenhagen via Istanbul

11th September 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Dear Anders, First of all, thank you for sparing your precious time and sharing your feedback with us. Turkish Airlines, which has achieved its current level of success thanks to your support, aims to give you always the best service. Your valuable opinions constitute a great source of power for our efforts intended to achieve this goal. We have shared your opinions on our service quality with our relevant department. Wishing to have the privilege of accompanying you during your travels for many more years to come, please accept our regards.

"no announcement about connection "

(Greece)

Verified Review | Athens to Budapest via Istanbul. There was a delay of 1 hour from Athens airport for the departure of the flight to Istanbul. As a result we reached the airport 20 min before the connection flight takes off for Budapest. There was no announcement about the connection flight, nor arrangement for transferring us to the gate/airplane. We reached the gate 10 min before the flight, but the gate was closed. We were informed by the employee there, to get to another gate which was wrong walking again for a long distance and then finally got at the transfer desk, where after a long waiting que we were informed for our overnight stay in a hotel in Istanbul so as to get the flight of 7.00 am to Budapest. We were informed that our luggage had been out of the plane. Then we had to leave the hotel 3 hours before, which means at 4.00 am.
RouteAthens to Budapest via Istanbul

11th September 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Dear Xanthi, first and foremost, we kindly ask you to accept our regret at the unpleasant situation you have experienced, and we apologize for not getting you to the final destination on your ticket on time. As is the case in every other industry, unexpected issues may occur in the aviation industry, too, and we would like to share with you the fact that some of these happen outside our control. We would like to state that we strive to eliminate such undesirable unpleasant situations. Your feedback is of guidance to us toward improving our services in this regard. Sending to us your views both positive and negative after every one of your flights would, without a doubt, lead us toward providing better service. So please leave your feedbacks by visiting the link: bit.ly/thy_form Respectfully yours.

"agent unexperienced and arrogant"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Brussels to Istanbul. Business class has the typical recliners that are better than most airlines in narrow body aircraft. My check in experience in Brussels was horrible. The business class check in agent was unexperienced and arrogant. It literal took 20min to get my bags on the plane and then she started nagging about my handluggage hereby strictly enforcing an 8kg business class rule. I went to see the station manager, had to repack stuff whereafter she once sgain said it was too much. Another trip to station manager and with some dont do it again words he let me go. I had to run to get on my plane. One thing is for sure I wont do it again and will choose another airline. I recommend the airline not to use such personalities for customer service.
RouteBrussels to Istanbul

11th September 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Dear Raphael, we would like to indicate that the matter you have expressed has been cause for great regret for us. All staff members who serve in Turkish Airlines are reminded repeatedly through training programs that they must carry out their duties in accordance with rules and also must keep in consideration the satisfaction of our valued passengers. Despite this, the cabin and airport personnel who served during and after your journeys has been warned within their divisions due to not providing professional service with a smile and not using appropriate body language so as not to cause dissatisfaction to another of our passengers. We apologize once again for the inconvenience, and with hopes that we can offer you flawless service on your subsequent travels, we are respectfully yours. So for further investigation of your unsatisfied experience, kindly ask you to leave your feedback on our feedback form bit.ly/thy_form We will surely get back to you with a detailed explanation.

"need to improve the service"

(Argentina)

Verified Review | Buenos Aires to Barcelona via Istanbul. Seats are ok, but not the best. The good thing is that they are fully flat, the bad thing is that they do not all offer direct aisle access (and that there are 3 seats together in the middle row in business class). That said, I also have to say that the Buenos Aires - Istanbul flight is very long because of the stop in Sao Paulo, but flying business class in TK makes it seem shorter, the IFE is quite good and the food is great. I take this flight twice a year and even though the food service deteriorated a bit lately, it is still very good compared to other airlines (unfortunately on my last flights there was no more amuse bouche, no more many options of starters to pick from the trolley and no more final trolley with coffee and petit fours-the latter was now consolidated with the dessert trolley, also the champagne on board was downgraded from Taittinger to Mumm). As I said the meals service is still good but it could be a lot better if flight attendants would be more proactive at offering drinks and refills. They just do not do it, you need to call them every time you need a refill (it does not happen in many other airlines) and when you do they take forever and it is obvious are not willing to do it. Overall, I would recommend TK business class because the food is very good and the seats are confortable, but they need to improve the service on board. If they did, they would be quite perfect.
RouteBuenos Aires to Barcelona via Istanbul

4th September 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Hi Ezequiel, thank you for your feedback. It is so much appreciated. We are glad that you enjoyed out Bussiness Class service also we would like to indicate that Turkish Airlines' aim is always to improve our service. With our kindest regards.