Vote Now

Turkish Airlines

"happy with Turkish Airlines"

Verified Review | Istanbul to Washington. I am overall happy with Turkish Airlines seat comfort, food quality, cabin service, etc. The lounge at Washington Dulles Airport is excellent and probably the best at that airport. I want to address the way they handle the laptop ban imposed by USA and UK. The devices that are not checked in the luggage, are accepted by the airline representatives at the boarding gate, after all the passport and security checks. The devices are wrapped in bubble packs and a special receipt is given to the passenger. The wrapped devices are placed in sturdy containers before your very eyes. At the other end, Turkish Airlines have a stand right after you clear the passport control but before clearing the customs. They check your receipt and give you back your laptop. No muss no fuss. Under the circumstances the operation is pretty smooth. I thought travelers should know.
RouteIstanbul to Washington

"exceeded my expectations"

Verified Review | Singapore-Istanbul-Lisbon (return) on TK in mid-March. Turkish Airlines pretty much exceeded my expectations on the outward leg of my journey, and the service was even better on the return. Check-in and boarding in Singapore went swiftly, on board the A333 to Istanbul the food, drinks service and entertainment was excellent (you'll receive a menu for the service). Also received the best amenities kit of any airline I've flown - not even Qatar gives out slippers and lip balm in theirs! No amenities kit on the Istanbul-Lisbon sector but it was more of the same: good entertainment, good food and drinks on board a clean B738. Cabin crew were very friendly on both sectors. Return sector was even better - the flight left the gate at Lisbon Airport on time. Good service once again with the regular drinks service, delicious meal of roasted meat and a very friendly bunch of flight attendants The entertainment system on board the A320 winglets was better than my outgoing flights, with a better touchscreen interface. Departure from Istanbul-Singapore also on-time, with a new A333 that had the newest entertainment system on board (it has live news from BBC and CNN). Good meal service once again with a relish pasta rigatoni, although I wish they didn't run out of meal choices on board. A slightly different brand of amenities kit was given out on this flight, but the contents were the same. On-time arrival in Singapore. The only thing that I didn't like was the seat and legroom on the Singapore-Istanbul sector, but overall Turkish Airlines put a smile on my face. I look forward to flying with them again.
RouteSingapore to Lisbon via Istanbul
Date FlownMarch 2017

"catering is on a serious decline"

Verified Review | Istanbul to Montreal on Turkish Airlines. Used the business class check in which was hassle free. The lounge in Istanbul offered a great array of drink and meal options but the shower facilities were falling apart and appeared in need of an upgrade. Boarding was on time and orderly and we left on time. On board the seating was comfortable and FA's were attentive. Turkish Airlines catering is on a serious decline with portions smaller and quality not what it used to be. My main course was two pieces of overcooked thin slices of beef. The meal before landing was also disappointing. The wine selection was OK and Tattinger was appreciated. Toilets were not kept clean and I had to point out to FA's on two occoasions the need for a touch up. The wifi was reliable. Thee IFE was decent but could have used more recent movie releases. Announcements from the cockpit were scarce with flight details provided only in the beginning. Flight arrived ahead of schedule.
RouteIstanbul to Montreal
Date FlownMarch 2017

"meals are very good overall"

Verified Review | Amsterdam to Manila, via Istanbul with about 1hr layover in Istanbul and 5hr on the return flight. The price was very good for this route. This was my first time flying with Turkish Airlines and it was just fairly good. IFE had a good selection of movies also to keep me entertained, and they give you amenity kit which is nice. The planes were fairly nice too, minus on the way back home, Istanbul to Amsterdam, the aircraft was old and had no IFE, was a bit disappointing. The meals are very good overall, I loved the Cafe De Paris Chicken. Staff were so so, when I stepped in the plane, the two male FA's who are supposed to welcome people suddenly started chatting, and not welcoming me, not sure what this was about. On another flight they forgot to give me bread with my meal, they serve the bread after the meal I saw them giving other people but they never gave me. I would fly with them again if they have the cheapest ticket to my destination, otherwise not.
RouteAmsterdam to Manila via Istanbul
Date FlownAugust 2016

"a spotlessly clean aircraft"

Verified Review | Our first time flying with Turkish Airlines from London Heathrow to Istanbul and we were very impressed. A spotlessly clean aircraft, courteous and friendly cabin crew and excellent catering for both the outbound and return journeys - far better than anything BA could offer for the money (we paid approximately £105 return each which is ridiculously cheap!). We would most definitely recommend and fly with Turkish again.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Istanbul
Date FlownMarch 2017

"good experience for a good price"

Verified Review | Frankfurt to Konya via Istanbul. This was my first time flying with Turkish Airlines and I loved it. It's great that there was no delay or any other problems that may occur. The cabin crew was friendly and food was excellent. The seat was comfortable and I had enough space to put my legs in there. Overall I had a good experience for a good price.
RouteFrankfurt to Konya via Istanbul
Date FlownMarch 2017

"OK for point-to-point connections"

Verified Review | I had to get from Amsterdam to Antalya, and in winter time Turkish Airlines seemed to be the only decent option with a daily service. The flight was via SAW, the other airport in Istanbul. AMS-SAW was uneventful and not memorable, except the aircraft was an old A320 with a worn and not very clean cabin. No entertainment system, food offer was decent, but rather below average for an almost 4hr flight, flight attendants busy about themselves. Everything has indicated that the flights from and to SAW is a very low priority for Turkish Airlines. The scheduled transfer time in SAW was 1 hour, however the crowd at the passport control was far too huge to manage this within the time indicated in the reservation. I approached employees of Turkish Airlines and informed them about possible problems with my connection to AYT, and they could not help but tell me that yes, indeed there is no way to pass through the passport control except waiting in the line, then another employee put me on a fast track line, and then another one kicked me out of there explaining that I was not entitled to it. Most of the Turkish Airlines transfer staff also could not speak any English, and those who could had a lot of problems with this. At the end, it took me over 1 hr 30 min to pass through passport control, and I was rebooked to the next flight departing from SAW at 00.10 am instead of initially planned 8.05 pm. On the transfer desk they also gave me a voucher for a meal in McDonalds, the voucher could be redeemed only for the cheapest burger menu worth c.a. EUR 4.5. Needless to say, that is below anything that can be expected from a major air carrier, and I went to another place to get my meal on my own. No free internet in SAW, and the procedure for getting the paid one is crazily complicated. The flight from SAW to AYT was uneventful too, a brand-new B737-800 with a great entertainment system and a good sandwich; all that looked a bit unnecessary on this 50 min flight. On my way backed I changed in IST, the main airport in Istanbul. Both flights were quite the same as on my way from AMS, except that the aircraft of the IST-AMS was a B737-800 with a good entertainment system, in contrast to the entertainment system, the cabin looked quite worn, with the cracks on plastic details. The food offer is the same “a bit below average” menu as on the AMS-SAW flight. Summing up, the Turkish can be OK for point-to-point connections, but I would avoid transfer flights with them. SAW cannot handle transfers in a decent manner, due to apparent infrastructural, organisational and human capacity constraints. IST is slightly better, but it is very crowded, not very clean, poorly organised and has very confusing navigation, I had no contacts with transfer staff there, but got a few hints that the expectation should be high. There is no free internet in both airports, and the paid access is quite challenging to configure and get through. The voucher for the cheapest McDonalds meal in SAW was the final touch in the ungraceful picture of transfers in IST and SAW.
RouteAmsterdam to Antalya via SAW
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"temperature control very cold"

(Greece)

Verified Review | Flew Turkish Airlines from Bangkok to Istanbul. Food was good. Entertainment good. Temperature control very cold. We asked the cabin crew 4 times to increase the temperature as everybody was covered with blankets. Unfortunately the flight was delayed and we didn't make it to our next flight although we reached the gate 15 mins before departure. The company dealt with this well providing accommodation, dinner and the next available flight the next day.
RouteBangkok to Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"it will be the last one"

Verified Review | London Heathrow to Addis Ababa via Istanbul. This has been my first time with Turkish Airlines and it will be the last one. The flight was delayed on departure for unknown reasons. Then it was kept on hold, as the captain informed us to "fog". We landed one hour later than expected and the connection flight for Addis Ababa did not wait for us. During the flight I was asking for information about the departure gate of my connection and no one was able to provide such information. The customer service at the Ataturk Airport was terrible to use a nice expression, nobody could explain what to do and where to go, it took a while to dig the needed information, queuing here and there at desks. I got the information that I could be booked on the next available flight (24 hours later) and that I could get a free night in hotel (I am paying for my hotel in Addis). Past the passport control we had to queue for more than one hour to get to the "hotel desk" by Turkish Airlines where staff took our boarding passes and 40 minutes later appeared calling our names and then bringing to get a shuttle to a 5 stars hotel in the middle of nowhere. All this took 4 hours. Here I am now, no dinner, meetings in Addis Ababa rescheduled and one day wasted. Never again.
RouteLondon to Addis Ababa via Istanbul
Date FlownMarch 2017

"deterioration within the airline"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | I have been flying Turkish Airlines regularly because of the non-stop service between Kuala Lumpur and Istanbul, despite experiencing spotty baggage and ground crew service. However, the most recent IST-KUL flight will be the last. Check in counter agent was rude, refused to maintain eye contact or answer questions regarding change of seats, continued to engage in conversation with the agent at the next counter and when pressed, replied that his English is poor. I had told him that is unacceptable and that he was rude. He had no response and essentially invited me to file a complaint. I did via on line with Turkish Airlines. On board service was non committal. I sense a deterioration within the airline. Seat comfort was average. Turkish Airlines aspires to be a global airline. They need to improve.
RouteIstanbul to Kuala Lumpur