Turkish Airlines

"have high levels of service"

Verified Review | Zurich to Dubai via Istanbul. Punctual boarding in Zurich on a clean and new looking 321-200 with winglets. Seats were black and red, very modern looking and up to date touchscreen and sound AVOD. Crew worked non stop on 2 hour 30 minute flight, excellent food and drinks, wines and spirits offered. Turkish Airlines have invested in high quality product but also have a young flight crew who work hard and have high levels of service. The connection at Istanbul was tight but worked. We were bused out in pouring rain to remote stand 777-00 and a packed flight left on time. Crew again offered good food, this time beef kofte and rice, offered spirits and wine, tirelessly worked on this night flight.
AircraftA321-200 / Boeing 777-300ER
RouteZurich to Dubai via Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2017

"I was happy with the service "

Verified Review | Moscow to Bangkok via Istanbul. Quick and efficient check in at Vnukovo Airport. However no priority lane at the airport and very slow processing of my exit from Russia meant that I nearly missed the flight. First sector had reclining seats. Cabin service was good and the meal was good. The second sector was a week later from Istanbul to Bangkok. The check in was efficient and fast, there was a special clearance lane for Turkish Airlines passengers (different to the normal fast track for other airlines and this lane fed straight into the lounge). The plane was a little late taking off and there seemed to be no hurry with the meal service, a pity as I would rather have slept straight away and just had breakfast. The food and wine on the plane was good. The bed was comfortable and I slept well. There was a priority lane service but not used as there was no queue in Immigration.My luggage was the first off - there has been a problem where two or more sectors are flown but not on this occasion. I was happy with the service and will continue to fly Turkish airlines.
RouteMoscow to Bangkok via Istanbul

"I had adequate legroom"

Verified Review | Istanbul to Tel Aviv return. Quick efficient check in for both Istanbul (economy class) and Tel Aviv (business class, because I was changing to Business Class from Istanbul). The bag was priority checked through to Bangkok and was first off the flight in Bangkok. Both flights left and landed on time and a light meal served on both flights despite being only two hours long. Seats were okay and I had adequate legroom. Toilets were clean.
RouteIstanbul to Tel Aviv

"really a great airline"

Verified Review | Bangkok to Istanbul. Business Class was great. Food was excellent, service is fine (not as good as Qatar Airways or Singapore Airlines but still very good). Business Class seats are comfortable and can be transformed in a bed. Turkish Airlines is really a great airline.
RouteBangkok to Istanbul

17th July 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Dear Franck, first and foremost, we would like to thank you for your nice comments regarding our services. We are pleased to hear that you relished the meals and it is highly motivating us to hear that you are pleased with the food which has been served during your flight. By presenting special meals with the highest degree of quality and consistency, Turkish Airlines aims to make your travel a memorable one, besides making you feel like a special guest on our flights. We are looking forward to hosting you in your next voyage with our friendly staff and high-quality service. Thanks for choosing Turkish Airlines on your flights. Globally yours.

"a very good experience"

Verified Review | Tel Aviv to Boston via Istanbul. Overall, a very good experience. Biggest negative was the very tight leg-room on the long-legs of this trip, especially since the person in front of me put their seat back as soon as we took off for the entire 10 hour trip. Big suggestion - get on the plane as soon as you can so you can store your carry-on in the overhead compartment, otherwise you are in big trouble for leg room. I felt claustrophobic on the Boston to Istanbul leg because of this issue. Felt much more comfortable on the 10+ hour Istanbul to Boston leg with my back-pack stored above me rather than under the seat in front of me. Also got a great price by ordering the ticket 4+ months in advance, though did have to pay extra for flight insurance.
RouteTel Aviv to Boston via Istanbul

17th July 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Hi, thank you for your precious time and sharing your feedback with us. Turkish Airlines, which has achieved its current level of success thanks to your support, aims to give you always the best service. Your valuable opinions constitute a great source of power for our efforts intended to achieve this goal. We feel sorry that you were comfortable with your Boston to Istanbul flight. We have shared your opinions on our service quality with our relevant department. Wishing to have the privilege of accompanying you during your travels for many more years to come, please accept our regards.

"seating not overly comfortable,"

Verified Review | Dublin to Tel Aviv via Istanbul. Turkish Airlines fall short in all areas from customer service to cabin and inflight experience. The lounge they use at Dublin is the worst experience. No recognition of business class passengers - we pay for this experience, but it is non existent. Narrowbody business class seating not overly comfortable, especially when in the recline position, especially the leg rest or lack of leg rest. Poor in flight service, feeling of being a burden to the cabin staff, despite only 50% occupation on business class cabin. IFE screen malfunction, poor response from crew and no offer of seat change. Not worth the extra fare for business class as there was a total lack of experience. I submitted feedback and received a response from them that did not address the basis of the feedback.
RouteDublin to Tel Aviv via Istanbul
Date FlownMay 2017

17th July 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Hi, we would like to indicate that the matter you have expressed has been causing for great regret for us. The efforts of Turkish Airlines are directed towards providing our esteemed passengers with a superior level of service under present conditions. We consider our passengers' constructive criticism as the most valuable help to ameliorate our service. In consequence of this check, we regrettably found out that you were not given the service of the quality we target to give you at each level. Notwithstanding, we apologize for failing to meet your rightful expectations and causing you dissatisfaction. In line with this, please be informed that your criticism has been conveyed to section concerned in order to achieve a more customer caring attitude. We apologize once again for the inconvenience, and with hopes that we can offer you flawless service on your subsequent travels. With our kindest regards.

"steak was one of the best"

Verified Review | Bangkok to London via Istanbul. First leg from Bangkok was an A330. Flight was delayed due to weather in BKK, unfortunately they only announced the delay after everyone had gone to the gate. Flight boarded about 45 min late and the crew were not quite ready when passengers boarded as they had arrived late and seemed a bit stressed about the delay which stuck with them for most of the flight. Despite the stress they were friendly and provided a good service. Welcome drinks were served but they ran out of TK's signature lemonade, which is a bit poor. That said the flight was otherwise great, dinner was served swiftly after take off and the food was a huge improvement on the outbound flight. The steak was one of the best I have had on a flight for years. After dinner beds were made and the lights were turned off. Breakfast was served about 2 hours before landing and this time the crew did remember to collect the breakfast orders so everything was served correctly. Despite the delay in take off we landed on time in IST. Transfer security were not quite awake when we showed up at 4 am in IST but we got through quickly and on to the excellent lounge at IST. While the lounge is excellent, by 6am is was extremely busy and seat were hard to come by. As personal electronic devices has to be gate checked for travel to the UK the gate process took about 15 minutes to get through but TK has done a fairly good job of streamlining the process, especially for business class passengers. Boarding was reasonably organised and boarding for the LHR flight was quickly completed. Flight this time was a Boeing 777 which left on time from IST. Again breakfast was quickly served. While the hot choice was limited is was tasty none the less. The cabin crew was far more relaxed on this flight and an absolute pleasure. Flight landed on time at LHR. The process of getting PED's was almost as cumbersome as getting them checked in but TK staff did their best to return devices as quickly as possible.
AircraftA330-300 / Boeing 777
RouteBangkok to London via Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2017

"service outside of the flight"

(China)

Verified Review | Beijing to Atlanta via Istanbul. The flight itself was very good. My issue is with the mediocre to bad service outside of the flight. I purchased an economy ticket and tried to use my miles (from another airline within Star Alliance) to upgrade one segment of the flight. Simple? Not at all. I made sure that I purchased the ticket with the correct code (B) since you can only upgrade on Y and B codes. Then I upgraded the ticket using my miles, but was then told that the upgrade would change the code to an I. Code I does means that I get no miles for the flight even though I paid full price for the ticket. I tried to contact Turkish Airlines through their website and received no reply. I tried to contact them through their social media sites and was told to be patient and I would receive a reply. Two weeks later I checked the status and found out that Turkish Airlines had canceled my ticket. I contacted my travel agent who found out that my upgrade had created a duplicate ticket in their system so they had just canceled everything, all without informing me. Then they tried to charge me a reissuing fee for their mistake. Then I tried to upgrade again and couldn't online so I contacted them (this time by phone) and was told that their system was down and they couldn't do anything.
RouteBeijing to Atlanta via Istanbul
Date FlownJune 2017

11th July 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Hi, we would like to indicate that the matter you have expressed has been causing for great regret for us. As giving our passengers who choose us on their travels the service they deserve and delivering this excellently are among our priority targets, we again have experienced how important your feedback is. All staff members who serve in Turkish Airlines are reminded repeatedly through training programs that they must carry out their duties in accordance with rules and also must keep in consideration the satisfaction of our valued passengers. With hopes that we can offer you flawless service on your subsequent travels, we are respectfully yours.

"everything was arranged smoothly"

(Bahrain)

Verified Review | Turkish Airlines has been one of my favorite airlines for this route among various options, due to the unavailability of direct flights between Tunisia and Bahrain. The outbound trip from Bahrain to Istanbul came on a date that was critical (28 Jun 2016 and what happened in Istanbul Airport). The airline and airport services worked professionally to cope with the stress around, rescheduling flight cancellations and assigning delayed people to new flights, others have been taken to hotels. I was travelling with my family, everything was arranged smoothly and since we got delayed for the flight of the next morning, we were offered a 5 star hotel accommodation and a Business class upgrade for the connecting flight to Tunis.
RouteBahrain to Tunis via Istanbul
Date FlownJune 2016

11th July 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Hi, first of all, thank you for sparing your precious time and sharing your feedback with us. Turkish Airlines, which has achieved its current level of success thanks to your support, aims to give you always the best service. Your valuable opinions constitute a great source of power for our efforts intended to achieve this goal. We have shared your opinions on our schedule application with our relevant department. Wishing to have the privilege of accompanying you during your travels for many more years to come, please accept our regards.

"customer service lovely"

(Nigeria)

Verified Review | Istanbul to Abuja. Lovely flight, customer service lovely, nice meals, kept to time and very punctual. The Boeing 737-900 is a very small aircraft for a trip of 6 hours+, very uncomfortable and barely have space to stretch or move about. But overall great flight except the fact that the aircraft is so small.
RouteIstanbul to Abuja
Date FlownJune 2017

11th July 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Hi, thank you for your kind words. They are very much appreciated. We are glad you enjoyed our onboard services. We highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us becoming better at what we do. It's our goal to return you as a completely satisfied customer and we will hope to serve you again in the future. Best regards.