Turkish Airlines

Review by (United Kingdom) 28th July 2015

Good entertainment on flights. Food was not good especially breakfast. Menu was given but staff didn't ask what you wanted - just gave whatever they had! Staff weren't very friendly and polite when asking for water. Had to wait on airplane for a long time before taking off.
RouteEdinburgh to Thailand via Istanbul

Review by (Denmark) 26th July 2015

Hamburg to Istanbul and back. On both flights everything went smoothly, and we met kind and friendly staff. The service and food onboard was good. We highly recommend flying with Turkish Airlines
RouteHamburg to Istanbul

Review by (Turkey) 25th July 2015

We bought a ticket IST-PSA-IST. The first leg was okay. Then we had transfers to Florence, Rome an back to Pisa for the return flight. When we were in Rome, an e-mail said that our flight was cancelled because of bad weather in Istanbul. We called the call-center, and they said that they can't give an hotel because they can't do anything when the flight is cancelled because of bad weather. The next flight was 2 days later. They offered a flight from Rome, but later learnt that it was full. We turned back to Florence. Two days later we went to Pisa Airport -very small - We checked in normally. The actual departure time was 15.00, but the time kept changing, eventually we boarded the plane with a 3 hour delay. The staff were friendly. The seats were okay.
RoutePisa to Istanbul

Review by (Turkey) 23rd July 2015

Singapore to Istanbul with Turkish Airlines. Our boarding time was 22:15 and takeoff time was 23:15 - actual takeoff at 23:30. Food was delicious. The cabin was too cold but given 1 blanket and 1 pillow I'd freeze if they had not given them. The flight crew distributed breakfast to us 2 hours before landing.
AircraftA330-300
RouteSingapore to Istanbul

Review by (Australia) 23rd July 2015

I have flown with Turkish Air on previous occasions and found them very good. However this experience was well below their usual good record. Firstly I have to comment on the Turkish Airlines business lounge at Istanbul which would have to be the best lounge anywhere. But unfortunately it's a rose amongst the thorns as the rest of this airport is just awful and unfriendly. Our problems started at boarding where there was no priority whatsoever - in fact we were the last to board. Then the seats in the Boeing 737 are the same as you would expect on a 1 hour flight - very difficult to sleep sitting up. And the chef was missing which is a point of difference for this airline. This was an 11 hour overnight flight so they really need to upgrade the business product. We mysteriously had a 1 hour stopover at some Russian airport on the way that I was not expecting and was not able to use the business lounge there (small as it was). Lastly out bags came out without any priority. So I was really wondering why I paid 3 times the economy ticket price. I have previously been a strong supporter of Turkish Airlines but they let me down badly on this route. I would still recommend them if the plane has lay flat seats in business.
RouteIstanbul to Ulaanbaator

Review by (United Arab Emirates) 17th July 2015

I had travelled on 16th July from Munich to Dubai via Istanbul with my family. Our flight from Munich was delayed over an hour. Turkish Airlines staff didn't make much effort to hurry up the process. After landing at Istanbul, we ran across from one side of the airport to the other side in an effort to catch our connecting flight to Dubai. But by the time we reached the gate about 15 minutes before the scheduled departure the gate was closed and none of airline staff could be seen though they should have known that flights from Munich was delayed. There was absolutely no effort to accomodate the extra few minutes for delay in connecting flights. Next when we contacted Turkish Airlines staff about our next connecting flights, one staff member took our boarding passes for Dubai and disappeared for an hour leaving us at the desk. We tried to find out about our next flight status and other staff members were unwilling to answer us leaving us totally bewildered. Finally after waiting over an hour, our new boarding passes were issued. Finally when we landed at Dubai, our baggage were misplaced though we had specifically asked our baggage so to be transferred to new flight. Finally we heard that the baggage was never transferred to the new flights. Today we heard that our baggage had finally arrived at the airport and we were still waiting for our bags.
AircraftA321/A340
RouteMunich to Dubai via Istanbul

Review by (Macedonia) 17th July 2015

I am a wheelchair user and traveled alone this time. Turkish Airlines staff made a problem why I travel alone, remarking "I am not supposed to travel alone", ask me to sign a document which says they are not responsible for any damage or injury if I would enter the plane. No other passenger was asked to sign this document. Also, after disconnecting the joystick of my power wheelchair, they did not allowed me to take the joystick with me, but put it in a plastic bag and wanted to leave it like that in the cargo part. After I disagreed, because it can be easily damaged, Turkish Airlines staff said to me that the company would rather pay for the joystick than something to happen to the plane because of the joystick. The joystick itself, when disconnected from the batteries has no any power, our laptops and phones can make more problem than disconnected joystick. I have been traveling with Turkish Airlines for couple of times and what always happens is that I am informed as a wheelchair user that I am not able to use the toilet during the flight, because Turkish Airlines does not have cabin chair during the flight, nor they would assist to push the chair to the toilet (which is service other companies offer). The longest flight with Turkish Airlines, in which I was not able to use the toilet was flying from Istanbul to Cape Town, with two hours stop in Johannesburg, so for 15 hours I was not able to use toilet. For passengers without disability, Turkish Airlines may be a good choice, because of their good connections all around the world, but for me as a wheelchair user is a headache. Because of the legislation, when Turkish Airlines is flying in USA, they do have different policy for people with disabilities because in USA you can not discriminate someone because of disability.
RouteSkopje to Amsterdam via Istanbul

Review by (Turkey) 16th July 2015

Flew to CDG to SAW with B737-800 TC-JFF (has the old livery). Flight was at 19.15, but at 15.00 I learnt that (via Turkish Airlines smartphone application) the flight was delayed by an hour. I couldn't arrive at the airport until 50 minutes before the flight. Even though the check-in counter closes an hour before the scheduled departure, I was able to hand in my luggage (I'd checked-in online). Pushback was at 21.10, and no explanations were made about the delay. At the beginning of the flight, Turkish delight was served. At dinner, either meatballs or chicken could be selected. I chose the meatballs, and it was delicious, and extremely hot for an airline food. I was able to listen the newest Euro Hits by using the in-flight radio. (Even though the playlist consisted of only 20-25 songs). The plane landed to SAW at 01.20, with a delay of 1 hours and 40 minutes. Apart from the delay, I had no problems.
RouteCDG to SAW

Review by (Turkey) 16th July 2015

Flew to SAW to CDG via Turkish Airlines with B737-800 TC-JFD. On-line check-in worked really well, and I was able to hand in my luggage pretty fast. Legroom was more than expected for an economy class seat. Food was almost as good as what you'd expect at a restaurant. Hot/cold beverages were served throughout the flight. As a means of in-flight entertainment, there was nothing but in-flight music. Not-so-high quality earphones were distributed at the beginning of the flight, and the system lacked variety. Various films/series were played on the on-board screens, I wish it could be possible to see the location/speed/altitude of the plane. Announcements made by the pilot/first officer in English were fairly incomprehensible. To conclude, by paying the same money, I flew with a premium airline instead of a low-cost airline. I'm glad I made that decision.
RouteSAW to CDG

Review by (United Kingdom) 13th July 2015

Flight departed an hour late from AUH which is very common. Ran to gate in IST to try to get connection, and reached gate 2 minutes after it closed (20 minutes before flight). I am shocked they knew about the delay and did not wait a few minutes, rather wait 5 hours for the next connection. Customer service desk were rude, and refused to provide food vouchers, and spoke in Turkish. Cabin crew were also unpleasant. 739 IFE better than A332.
AircraftA330-200 and Boeing 737-900