Air Canada

"good, comfortable flight"

Trip Verified | Flew Air Canada from Montreal to Dublin. A good, comfortable flight in a new B737 MAX aircraft, sitting in international premium economy (in this plane it's the same as AC's domestic business class). Service crew was friendly as usual and the flight itself was on time. The seats are substantially more comfortable than in economy and the food is much better as well.
AircraftBoeing 737 MAX
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteMontreal to Dublin

"exceeded my expectations"

Trip Verified | Montreal to Calgary. I had an amazing experience on this flight. I don’t normally go out of my way to leave a review, but the service I received exceeded all of my expectations !They were so accommodating and some of the most friendly and professional flight attendants I have met to date. I wish them all the best and hope they continue to make flights as memorable as they made mine.
RouteMontreal to Calgary

"The flight is canceled"

Trip Verified | Montreal to Newark for a connection in Newark to Lisbon. After waiting 1h after departure, the plane takes off. After 20 minutes of flight, the plane turns back and land back in Montreal. The flight is canceled. I spoke to 3 Air Canada employees and they all gave a different reason why the flight was canceled. I had to wait hours in line to schedule another flight. I wrote a complaint to the company and they refused to refund me for the money I lost for food and hostel. They gave me a discount on another flight and they even made it sound like it was a privilege.
RouteMontreal to Newark
Date FlownJune 2018

"The FA's were nice "

Trip Verified | Booking with Air Canada, via Brisbane then Vancouver to Toronto. Initially they had me on a morning flight from Melbourne but I felt the time between flights was too tight, together with fog/winter issues so I called and arranged a flight the day before, it cost me an extra $300. The shock came at the airport when I found they downgraded me to economy, not a big issue except the $300 extra is more than a normal one way flight. Anyway determined to put this behind me, I used the kiosks at Brisbane airport to check in and self label my bags. The lounge (NZ) was really nice. Boarding was in zones with children going first, then zone 1-5 in order. The plane was a Boeing 787 with pods. Offered fruit juice or water and nuts to start, then handed menus. The FAs were nice but apart from meals, they were mostly absent, the meals were small but tasty. Then snacks (chips, water, chocolate and fruit) were left to help ourselves to. On the menu was a list of hot snacks on request. Meals were trolley service, like upmarket economy. Entertainment was ok, not extensive but adequate. The seat was a little hard but ok. Breakfast was nice although the FA gave me a lecture on sugar when I asked for milk and sugar in my coffee. After arrival in Vancouver and the necessary immigration procedure followed, it was off to domestic and the lounge. Stayed there just a few minutes, it was crowded, inadequate, little to offer, so I just walked around until the Toronto flight. Old plane, again boarded via zones. The food on board was dire. The nice FA offered me alternatives, I just opted for a cookie. The entertainment in board was better than the Dreamliner. All in all the domestic was the better flight but neither as good as the Asian carriers
RouteMelbourne to Toronto via Vancouver
Date FlownJuly 2018

"found my luggage was lost"

Trip Verified | My flight was leaving at 4pm. Flight AC119. We boarded ok, then was told to deplane due to air con issues. It was delayed half hour. Then another half hour and so on. I was supposed to have a 5 hr layover in Vancouver but time was creeping away until it became obvious I’d miss my Melbourne flight. Lining up at the counter with many others and only one staff member dealing with us including a large tour group that took up over an hour. The AC lady called for help but none came. A young man came to her but refused to help anyone. What shocking service, or lack thereof. I was then put on another Vancouver flight then onto Sydney and Melbourne. On arrival in Vancouver I approached the desk for an earlier Syd-Melb flight than 1.30pm. They said there were none. On my iPad I showed them how many Qantas flights there actually were yet they refused to budge. This was all their mistake and it was compounding. The plane to Sydney was old. The entertainment was less than any other international flight I’d ever flown. They asked for headphones about an hour before landing, The FAs on board were friendly. In Sydney I found my luggage was lost. Do I regret booking with Air Canada - you bet. Never again, I’d go Cathay or China Southern which are so much better next time.
RouteToronto to Melbourne via Vancouver
Date FlownJuly 2018

"My bag did not make it"

Trip Verified | My bag did not make it despite over a two hour connection and other passengers that checked in their bag in at the exact time. The airline never bothered to follow up with me to let me know the bag had arrived. After originally telling them it was urgent, they reverted to using a bag delivery service. I had to incur the expense and aggravation of picking the bag up at the airport via Uber.
RouteMontreal to Los Angeles

"delayed my bags"

Trip Verified | Air Canada has delayed my bags on five separate occasions. Once on a trip to Halifax, once on a trip to Las Vegas and this is the third time they have done it on my trip to Italy. Halifax and Las Vegas were both five day trips, I spent the first three days of these trips without baggage. I understood that because I made connections that it is possible there was not enough time to properly get the bag onto the next flight. However, if this is something that often happens maybe it is best they stop charging for connections they do not have the capability of properly executing. This most recent flight to Milan, I checked in 4 hours early for a direct flight. There is absolutely no reason my baggage should have been left in Toronto. This is my third day in Italy without my baggage, how has it still not made it on another flight? I am writing a review on here because the customer service website for Air Canada is insufficient, there is no direct email for customer service, instead they lead you to numerous automated responses. Working in customer service myself, I understand that mistakes happen. However, considering I have given this company thousands of dollars over the last few years I am fed up. I see no reason why in 2018 they can charge $1,200 for a round trip, direct flight to Milan and be so behind that baggage cannot arrive with that flight. I am ready to ditch Air Canada completely and give another company my money. Hopefully this message catches their attention, please make your customer service page more accessible if you want reviews to come directly to you with the chance to make up for this tiring experience instead of being posted to the public.
RouteToronto to Milan
Date FlownJuly 2018

"flight was now cancelled"

Trip Verified | We had a short 1.5 hour flight from Vancouver to Calgary with a quick 30 min. layover in Kelowna. We got off the plane, and the next flight was delayed (we were suppose to board the same plane, but just pick up some passengers in Kelowna.) They come on the intercom and say the plane is broken so we need to call a number to re-book our flight to Calgary or get a partial refund. (Yes, it was our responsibility now.) We needed to get to a wedding reception, so time was of the essence. All 4 of us were on the phone trying to re-book the next flight, and we were put on hold. And hold. And hold. Then they came back saying they got us tickets, then put us on hold again. Finally came back and said "sorry the next flight is now full", but they have a flight leaving in a few hours with a layover in Edmonton and to arrive in Calgary around 9pm. We needed to get there so we jumped on that flight before it was full, we got new boarding passes, and went to sit at White Spot for some drinks. We waited about 2.5 hours and then that flight was now delayed. About an hour later they told us that the flight was now cancelled. So we just wasted hours in the airport waiting for nothing. We tried calling customer service but there were no more flights that evening and the next one was at 7:30 in the morning. FWe had called to ask for a refund so that we could jump on a flight with WestJet, but they said that was "unlikely" to happen. So now we were trying to get hotel vouchers, nobody would give us any sort of solid information. Every person we talked to told us to go talk to another person, or to call a different number. One guy had told us that all their hotel vouchers were "exhausted". So not only did they royally screw us for the entire day and night, but we weren't even going to get any sort of accommodation. The only good person we dealt with was an amazing lady who finally pulled some strings to get us a hotel, and she was helpful and knowledgeable. If anything goes wrong they make you fend for yourselves when having to re-schedule your flights in a city you are unfamiliar with.
RouteVancouver to Calgary
Date FlownJuly 2018

"all went above and beyond"

Trip Verified | I want to give a shout out and Kudos to the Air Canada staff in Paris and in Montreal. Our flight #881 from Paris to Toronto was delayed 8 hours due to weather. Once in Toronto we had another 4 hour drive back to Michigan. Staff at the ticket/customer service desk in Paris was awesome getting us moved to an earlier flight to Montreal then to Toronto. Once in Montreal, the staff were so helpful. Air Canada did not have to help us at all. They could have made us wait for the 9:00 pm flight, sitting in the Paris Airport for 12 hours then the flight and drive home. They all went above and beyond. The three of us were tired and confused but the staff came through! Thank you so much! Maybe if I had flown Air Canada to Paris to begin with, my luggage would not have been lost by Brussels Airlines! Whole trip - no luggage! This was my first time flying with Air Canada and would recommend them in the future.
RouteParis to Toronto
Date FlownJuly 2018

"delay was due to weather"

Trip Verified | My flight was more than 20 minutes delayed from YYC to YQR. We then had to divert to YXE due to what the crew described as a fast-moving storm that was going through YQR. As a result, I missed my connecting flight to YYZ. Staff at YQR rebooked me for 6.00 am the next day, but offered nothing else as compensation. No hotel accommodation, meals, upgrade, nothing. They said that the delay was due to weather, not the delay of their flight crew in YYC. I will not use Air Canada again. Terrible customer service, and they don't care about their customers.
RouteCalgary to Toronto via Regina