CSA Czech Airlines

"flight is also delayed"

(Lebanon)

Trip Verified | I purchased a roundtrip ticket from Beirut to Prague. First time the flight was delayed to depart for an hour and half due to late arrival of the aircraft. Now (after 10 days) I am at Prague airport and the flight is also delayed another hour and a half for the same reason m. Also, my Czech business partner informed me that three weeks ago his flight was delayed for an hour when traveling to Beirut from Prague on Czech airlines. So there is a clear and intentional misorganization of the flight schedules. In addition, the flight provides no valuable services for its passengers and everything need to be paid for knowing that it’s not a low cost carrier.
RoutePrague to Beirut
Date FlownJuly 2018

"delays and unassigned seats"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Copenhagen to Prague. This is actually the worst airline I have traveled. Delays, unassigned seats, nobody gives you more information and the crew does not know what to do when flight is overbooked. This was the only time I flight with them, will never book on that airline again. The aircraft was old.
RouteCopenhagen to Prague

"Very poor service"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Århus to Moscow via Prague. I travelled together with my 6 years old son by this airline the 22 june. We supposed to arrive to Moscow at 16 o’clock, but the plane was 1,5 hours late. As a result We missed the next flight and had to find a place to stay overnight, that was not easy. I wrote a complain to the official site, but didn’t get any answer still. I don’t recommend this airline to anybody. Very poor service and indifference to customers.
RouteÅrhus to Moscow via Prague
Date FlownJune 2018

"I did not feel comfortable at all"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | I booked CSA on return journey back from CPH to PRG (used Norwegian to get there). While the flight was supposed to be operated by Airbus 319, upon getting to gate I spotted Boeing 737-400 rented from Go 2 Sky, slovak charter airline. This plane has a history of more than 25 years, when it was flying all over the World (operated by several unknown airlines too). The interior was really old, felt like a vintage plane and seat pitch very small. When booking a flight, safety is one of my priorities and this time I did not feel comfortable at all. I was Gold FF member of CSA for more than 10 years in a row, but I am happy that there are other options these days and I do not have to travel with them so frequently anymore.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteCopenhagen to Prague

"disregard and discomfort"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Prague to Rome. We traveled by Czech Airlines on April 13, 2018 and had a big disappointment with the company. I would not recommend anyone to travel for it. The flight was packed, at the time of boarding our hand luggage had to go in the luggage compartment. As our bags were organized we decided not to risk placing these bags in them for fear of losing or delaying our flight. So far so good, but we were charged an exorbitant amount for carrying a small bag with our passports, tickets and hotel documents, as well as a small backpack almost empty with wrappers in case of cooling during the trip or landing. It was charged more than R $ 400,00 (four hundred reais) or something close to 100 euros, and one of the receipts issued was delivered with the name of another passenger. After paying this amount, our bags were placed under our feet, as there was no space in the luggage compartments. We travel by TAP, easyJet and GOL airlines in economy class; in none of them was this charge traveling in the same way with the same volumes. The disgust for disregard and discomfort in paying for something we did not receive was great. I do not advise this company.
RoutePrague to Rome
Date FlownApril 2018

"on board they offer nothing"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Prague to Helsinki, flights on time, cabin was clean and staff are polite and decent. The main problem is that on board they offer nothing, you have to pay for everything - even water is not free, this is a low cost airline concept.
RoutePrague to Helsinki
Date FlownMarch 2018

"best thing was the legroom"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Prague to Brussels. The best thing was the legroom, you had enough space (i'm 187cm). It was a good flight and the cabin crew was friendly and will try to help you if you have a question. It was an A319 without entertainment. Maybe the company can give one free beverage because they are a traditional airline.
RoutePrague to Brussels
Date FlownFebruary 2018

" I was pleasantly surprised"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Prague to Seoul. I was pleasantly surprised about their service. Everything went smooth from check-in to landing. Food was fresh and tasty, crew was very nice and helpful. I did not use the in-flight entertainment system much, but airshow and music selection was good, one let down is that the system is not in Czech. We were provided with pillow and blanket plus bottle of water, which was very nice as I did not have to ask crew whenever I was thirsty. Both flights departed more or less on time and landed early. I wish their service would be so good on all of their flights.
RoutePrague to Seoul
Date FlownDecember 2017

"maximum occupancy and minimum legroom"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Boarding process borderline rude, with boarding announcement focused around the warning that carry-ons will be checked for size and weight. Boarding personnel obviously trained to police and enforce rather than to serve. This is now part and parcel of the standard CSA travel experience since they began luring leisure travellers on rock-bottom fares with steep surcharges for checked-in baggage to what used to be business clientelle flights with decent levels of service for high-price flexible tickets (early morning to Western Europe, late evening back). Without warning, the flight was not operated by their own A319 providing decent seating comfort. Instead, they used their parent company's B737 configured for maximum occupancy and minimum legroom. With my 5' 11" / 182 cm, I had a choice between sitting with my legs spread apart or massaging the bottom of the passenger before me with my knees. Btw., their parent company is the lowcost Travel Service/Smartwings, a Czech and Chinese-owned business and one of only two carriers in Europe with two-star rating from Skytrax. Avoid if you can.
RoutePrague to Brussels
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"No options, no choice, no apology"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Prague to Ostrava (60 minutes) is sometimes merged with Prague to Košice (90 minutes) into a single flight Prague to Košice with a stopover in Ostrava, which adds some 30 to 40 minutes to total flight time for passengers to Košice. On January 12, however, CSA/Travel Service came up with something new: Prague to Ostrava via Košice. The normally 60-minute flight to Ostrava thus took 3 hours and 30 minutes! Passengers to Ostrava were taken all the way to Košice, made to leave the aircraft there, then to board again 20 minutes later and only brought to their destination on the way back to Prague. Huge savings for the carrier, zero respect to cargo. Sorry, I mean to passengers, mainly homeward business travelers on a Friday afternoon. I am appalled at the level of arrogance displayed by the once respectable national carrier. If informed in time, I could have opted for a train ride, which would have brought me home earlier and at a fraction of the cost while pampering me with all the comforts of a modern speed train like WiFi, royal amounts of legroom, nice onboard service and a well stocked dining car. Instead, I was confronted by the grim reality only at the gate minutes before boarding. No options, no choice, no apology, no compensation. Just a matter-of-factly answer to my astonished question: Yes, you will fly via Košice. And one more thing: the food included in my fare was not served, which is why I checked N/A below.
AircraftATR 72