Royal Jordanian Airlines

"flight was overbooked and dirty"

Trip Verified | Today is day 21 where my 3rd luggage that I paid $200 extra for still hasn't arrived, and with you not responding to any of my 5 emails and having to call you every single day since ( a call per day = so far 21 calls). There is no lead about the luggage, nor is there anyone with an adequate informative response, but instead they are rude and inconsiderate and further very very very not well-trained or professional. I was asked to do your job and come down to the airport to look for the luggage at your storage units, noting its their job. I did so, and it still wasn't found. Now, they are asking me to file for compensation while they didn't even provide the initial compensation, and they are only willing to provide a fixed amount of compensation. Away from the luggage, the flight was overbooked and dirty. It was a circus of Children and loud parents. The food was nasty and inedible. The entertainment was hardly entertaining whatsoever and outdated, and to be entirely fair, almost non-existent.
RouteChicago to Amman
Date FlownJune 2018

"flights always delayed"

(Czech Republic)

Not Verified | Vienna to Jeddah via Amman. I have chosen this airline 2 times - always return tickets. All 4 flights were always delayed. 2 times the delay was over 5h which I spent in the boarding hall. Of course, I missed my connecting flights from another airport and had to stay overnight in the hotel. I missed my bus (which was booked in advance) as well. No chance for a refund for anything.
RouteVienna to Jeddah via Amman
Date FlownJune 2018

"truly enjoyable experience"

Trip Verified | I was a little apprehensive of my flight from Abu Dhabi to London via Amman, but it was one of the more pleasurable flying experiences I have had recently. Check-in at AUH was in the premium check-in area then headed to the lounge for an hour. Boarded on time for the 07:30 departure. A319 for the 3-hour flight from AUH to AMM in a 2x2 configuration. Cradle style reclining seat was comfortable for the short journey with pull-out screens from the arm rest. Not much in English to watch. Small snack of cheese and a few pastries wasn't particularly appetising but full beverage service offered. Fell asleep for most of this sector. Two-hour stopover in AMM. Modern (five year old) airport was a surprise, very appealing and functional with RJ dedicated Crown Club occupying the the mezzanine floor with great views over the terminal below. Still serving breakfast at 10am with warm croissants, Arabic foul, cereals, cheese, hummus and full bar service. All perfectly adequate. Boarded on time for midday flight to London on a A321 again in 2x2 configuration using the similar seating of cradle seat with decent recline and retractable footrest with good pillow and blanket on the seat. Pre-take off drinks of juice or Arabic coffee were distributed. PTVS had much more choice of English and Arabic entertainment on this sector and was comparable with a long-haul service. Cabin Service Manager introduced himself, orders were taken for drinks, menus distributed along with amenity kits and sound cancelling headsets. Plenty of legroom. Lunch service began soon after take-off with linen table cloths being laid followed by drinks. Champagne was served by placing the glass on the table and pouring with warm nuts to accompany. Trays were brought with the appetiser and salad course. The main course, cheese and dessert courses were served off a beautifully laid out cart in front of you where you were encouraged to choose what you wanted from the selection. What a delight! It was like going back to the golden days of first class air travel. All elegant and unhurried. Jordanian and international wines were served. The food was delicious especially the amazing desserts. All in all, a wonderful five course meal served beautifully. Staff were always passing through the cabin to see if more drinks were wanted and then an hour before landing small glasses of 'white coffee' water infused with orange blossom were handed round. The AMM-LHR five-hour sector was a truly enjoyable experience and one I certainly hope to repeat again.
AircraftA319 / A321
RouteAbu Dhabi to London via Amman
Date FlownMay 2018

"seat was not too comfortable"

Trip Verified | London to Bangkok via Amman. The staff are friendly at check in and on board the aircraft. The only problems were my seat was not too comfortable and the plane was jammed packed. The food is good but not as filling as Emirates. I would rate 7 out of 10. Would have been 9 with more space on board the aircraft.
RouteLondon to Bangkok via Amman
Date FlownMay 2018

"Don't fly with this airline"

Trip Verified | Beirut to Montreal via Amman. There's no airline as low as Royal Jordanian. They will not tell you of any fees for preferred seating and then will claim the plane is full and you can't change your seat, even though there are empty available seats. They stamp all boarding passes SSSS which means full inspection by airport security: Body searches, bag searches, and walking barefoot. The seats are terrible, uncomfortable, and have no leg room. They made us board the plane, and immediately after said that there is a delay with transfer passengers and made us wait in the plane for 45 minutes. And this was already a flight of 11 hours and 20 minutes. They did this because otherwise they would be forced to issue vouchers to passengers to go and eat something at the airport's cafeteria. To avoid expenses, they locked us inside and then told us about the delay. Unscrupulous people! The boarding time for my 10:20 flight was marked as 8:45! Don't fly with this airline!
RouteBeirut to Montreal via Amman
Date FlownApril 2018

"expecting a decent meal"

Trip Verified | Amman to Paris CDG. Boarding a little bit delayed hence departed late. Cabin crew is a bit more professional and helpful compare to my previous flight with them. IFE is better compared to their Airbus fleet, I think this B787 is their flagship aircraft. But still fewer choices in their movies and audios list. I'm expecting a decent meal on this as its a 5.5 hr flight but totally disappointed. Only a sandwich in a box with a small water, pretzels and a small baklava was served. Like what I said before I don't like the way they served a set meal in a box as it doesn't look good a full-service airline. I still prefer to see meals in a small tray like the usual. After that meal, we were just given a small pack of peanuts and beverages of choice.
RouteAmman to Paris CDG
Date FlownApril 2018

"most monitors not working"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Amman. At first, I'm not expecting much about the service of this airline as I read most of their reviews are not good. On this sector, I first notice immediately how rude the crew assigned on Economy section especially when I heard how she verbally told the lady on the bulkhead that she's not paying attention to the safety video well in fact she cant blame her cause the lady is attending the needs of her small son on her lap. I think that crew should be given a lesson on good manners and proper way of speaking for her guest with some courtesy. I also don't like the way they set the meals in a carton box instead of using a tray as it doesn't look good in a full-service airline. They should change the in-flight entertainment monitors as touch screen options are not responding and most of the monitors are not working at all like mine so I decided just to use my own gadget rather than complain to the crew as for sure they cannot offer any other seats.
RouteDubai to Amman
Date FlownApril 2018

"show so little care for customers"

(Jordan)

Trip Verified | Amman to Cairo. We were flying to Egypt on a family holiday and were informed on our arrival at the airport that our flight had been cancelled and we would now be flying five and a half hours later (meaning that we would now be at the airport for seven and a half hours). It was known that the flight was cancelled before we left home and we were never notified despite our booking being made online. We asked the airline to either arrange for us to be transported home (our transport to the airport was 40 JOD (about 60 USD)) or for use of the Business Class lounge. We thought that these were simple and reasonable requests that Royal Jordanian could easily grant. We were not asking them to compensate us for the afternoon and evening plans we would now miss in Cairo. We just wanted to wait out the long delay at home or in the Business Lounge. The customer service staff were hopeless and cowardly. No one seemed to have any authority. No one would outright refuse our requests but they kept asking us to wait 5 minutes while they got someone else to help us and then ran away, never to return. After waiting an hour and a half, we finally we found Tamara who did try and help us but said that her top manager (whom she had to call at home) had refused to even allow us into the lounge for our 7 hour wait. What a shameful response and how embarrassing for the national airline to show so little care for their customers. We were told that our delay wasn't long enough to qualify for a hotel room because it was only 5 hours and 40 mins instead of the required 6 hours. For the record the delay was in fact six hours because the flight we were rescheduled onto was also delayed, as was our return flight from Cairo a week later. We live in Amman and fly often for business and pleasure. If we can avoid using Royal Jordanian we will.
RouteAmman to Cairo

"disorganised and disrespectful"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | Doha to Cairo via Amman. They cancelled my second flight and forced me to wait 8 hours at the airport. I will never fly with them again. Very disorganised and disrespectful. They knew the flight got cancelled when I was still in Doha and didn't tell me or give me the choice to do what I want. Horrible management.
RouteDoha to Cairo via Amman
Date FlownApril 2018

"One of the worst airline experiences"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | Amman to Bangkok. Terrible check-in experience. My flight departs at 2:15 but the counter doesn’t allow me to check-in until 12:00 because I didn’t choose seats in advance. The counter requires me wait 1+ hour with my check-in luggage in airport lobby. To me they are punishing people not choosing seats in advance. One of the worst airline experiences I had.
RouteAmman to Bangkok