Garuda Indonesia

"decent airline to fly with"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Singapore to Jakarta. I fly this sector on a weekly basis with Garuda Indonesia. What the airline has going for them are the very friendly and helpful flight attendants, reasonably comfortable seats for the 1.5 hour flight, good benefits for their Gold and Platinum tier frequent fliers (lounge access, priority boarding, priority check-in counter, additional check-in luggage). What they need to improve on are the in flight meals (repetitive and no change for long periods of time), repetitive on board announcements (starts with the flight service manager going through exactly what is found in their safety briefing video) and the lack of bin space for carry on luggage (this one is the result of an overly lenient policy on passengers allowing oversize and multiple bags). Despite shortcomings, GA is a decent airline to fly with and are generally on time with their flights.
RouteSingapore to Jakarta
Date FlownJuly 2018

"meals tend to be the same items"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | At the DPS Priority check-in despite there being 4 positions, only 2 counters were open, with other staff just hanging around, and I went across to the general check-in area. Whilst flight attendants are pleasant & helpful, the meals tend to be the same items rotated and there were no longer any moist towelettes . Other than these issues, the flight was uneventful.
AircraftA330 300
RouteDenpasar to Jakarta

"high level of service"

Trip Verified | Flew on the GA087 from London to Jakarta on July 5th with my daughter. Check in opened at 17:50pm for our 21:45pm flight. The check in process was fast and efficient and then the Garuda Ground Support Staff escorted us to the Lounge via fast track. The lounge was very busy, however, the lounge staff were very helpful and the food that we ordered was served very quickly and was well presented. When it came time to board the Garuda Ground Staff were on hand to escort me and my daughter to the aircraft. Like most night flights myself and my daughter got some sleep. However, when we awoke we were presented with a menu which had a broad selection of food and drinks to chose from. The cabin was full, however, the cabin crew were able to cater to all in line with the usual Garuda Indonesia’s high level of service. Great cabin crew and they certainly brighten up your flight with their warm genuine smiles. The Cabin Crew were very attentive to my daughter and provided her with several meals and snacks throughout the flight and did this with a warm and sincere smile. Garuda Indonesia are certainly in a class of their own when it comes to service with a smile. Upon arrival in Jakarta we were met by the Garuda Ground Support Team and we were taken through Fast Track Immigration and on to collect our luggage. Great team of people that Garuda should be very proud of.
AircraftBoeing 777-300-ER
RouteLondon to Jakarta
Date FlownJuly 2018

"on-board Garuda 5 Star service"

Trip Verified | GA086 from Jakarta to London on June 28th with my daughter. Garuda arranged an early morning pick up to take us to the airport. Once we arrived at the airport we were met by the Garuda Ground Support Staff who helped us check-in, go through immigration and into the Lounge in a fast and efficient manner. The service in the Lounge was also very good as was the presentation of food and drinks available. When it came time to board the Garuda Ground Staff were on hand to escort me and my daughter to the aircraft. Once we were seated the on-board Garuda 5 Star service started and the cabin crew could not do enough to help myself and my daughter and this continued all the way into London. My daughter pre-ordered her meal on line and she really enjoyed the Steak Meal that she was served. On arrival in London we were met by the Garuda Group Support Team who helped and assisted us getting from Termianl-3 to Terminal-2 to check-in to our domestic flight. Again, I would like to highlight that the Garuda Ground support teams in Jakarta and London and the Cabin Crew staff are a credit to Garuda Indonesia as they really go out of their way to make you feel very special and appreciated.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteJakarta to London

"Garuda is a class act"

Trip Verified | I'm a One World FF (Qantas) but Qantas does not fly to Bali from Perth, and the only business class services are Garuda (full service) or Batik (LCC). In any event Garuda is a well-deserved Skytrax 5 Star airline v Qantas 4 Star. Garuda staff are excellent - check-in was flawless, off to the lounge (ironically QF in Perth) and an on time departure. A glass of champagne and a hot towel while settling in, really good service through the trip, and the very welcome flat bed on the A330. The difference between business class on the A330, and 737 of other operators is stark. Meals were very good, wine choices excellent, entertainment a little limited when compared to other carriers but ok. Overall experience worth the extra cost of biz-class... including being able to leave aircraft and get to immigration first. No luggage? You're out the door quickly and heading for your transport. Return journey also good, although 7pm departure was changed to 9pm, making it a late arrival in Perth. First world problem. Garuda is a class act. Qantas could learn a few lessons!
AircraftA330-300
RoutePerth to Denpasar
Date FlownJune 2018

"fast and professional service"

Trip Verified | London to Jakarta on June 23rd and the check-in service at Heathrow T3 was quick and professional and the Garuda Ground Staff assisted me through security checks and into the lounge. The lounge itself quite was busy, however the staff were very helpful and friendly. When it came time to board the Garuda Ground Staff were on hand to escort me to the aircraft. Boarding was quite fast, and the plane moved back from the gate on schedule. The on-board service was the usual Garuda 5 Star service from the cabin crew greeting you at the door to serving meals. The flight was full; however, the cabin crew still maintained the fast and professional service that I have come to expect from Garuda Indonesia. Furthermore, the Garuda Ground support teams and Cabin Crew really go out of their way to make you feel special and appreciated. Additionally, the free Wi-Fi connectivity on board is excellent.
AircraftBoeing 777-300-ER
RouteLondon to Jakarta

"no cheese course"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | The flight had just 3 passengers in business class – my two sons and me. The flight attendants were friendly, but service was not great as they tended to spend a lot of time in the galley. With such a small number of passengers, they should have been more visible in the cabin & I should not have had to use the call button. Food had no choice of starter, three choices of main courses and one dessert – no cheese course. Perhaps the meal service was more premium economy than business class.
RouteJakarta to Bangkok
Date FlownMay 2018

"impressed with the cabin crew"

(Indonesia)

Not Verified | Jakarta to Denpasar return. I'm really impressed with the cabin crew, they are very care and attentive to us especially DPS-CGK, with GA407 on 17 June 2018. And the ground staff also delivered us into terminal ultimate 3 arrival area and waited me until I gathered all my baggage completely. Thanks Garuda Indonesia. You make me my journey so unforgettable.
AircraftA330-300
RouteJakarta to Denpasar
Date FlownJune 2018

"food is not very exciting"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | This was quite an uneventful flight as the passenger load was quite light. I noticed the flight attendants didn’t seem to smile very much. The food on this domestic flight is not very exciting and not very healthy – a bread roll stuffed with a sausage, a small pack of nuts, 3 pieces of candy anf a bottle of water. This was not a 5-star experience.
RouteSurabaya to Jakatra
Date FlownJune 2018

"service is just outstanding"

Trip Verified | Flew June 16th Jakarta to London on GA86. I arrived on a domestic flight from Bali and the Garuda Ground staff were on hand to assist me from the domestic to international within Terminal-3. I had already received my boarding card and my luggage had already been checked through from Bali to London. In Jakarta the Garuda Ground Support Staff assisted me through fast track at immigration and then into the lounge. The Ground Support Staff also came and assisted when it came time for boarding. The flight was delayed departing Jakarta by approx. 25 minutes, however we arrived in London on schedule and by the time I cleared immigration at Heathrow my luggage was waiting for me. The onboard cabin crew were excellent, and nothing was any bother for them. The onboard food was excellent and very well presented. Garuda Indonesia senior management need to appreciate their Ground Support Staff as well as their Cabin Crews as they are a credit to Garuda Indonesia and one of the reasons why I continue to fly Garuda Indonesia as the service is just outstanding. When I fly Garuda Indonesia is like I am meeting my friends as when I arrive at the airport and when I board the plane as that is how the Garuda Ground Staff and Cabin Crews make you feel and it is 100% genuine.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER