Air France

"a roller coaster of emotions"

Not Verified | Stockholm to Marseille. My flight was cancelled. Air France was helpful with the situation but I received numerous confusing delayed emails within a 12 hour span. "One of 2 connecting flights was cancelled we will get you a new one. Got you a new one in a different city. Oh by the way the second flight of the initial flight was cancelled. Then you have a new flight to another new city." I was so confused and the only way to contact them in the middle of the night without international charges on my phone was through a messenger app which can take hours for them to respond. After they did respond I was sent the initial flight information which had been cancelled. Why do I need this? I received numerous emails of cancelled flight I didnt need confusing me. Was the flight back on? I also never received a cancellation email for the second cancelled flight. All of a sudden I have 2 flights? Air France did respond and give me the most updated flight info bit what a roller coaster of emotions. Especially flying alone and on a time schedule with connecting flights.
RouteStockholm to Marseille
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"no one offered to help me"

Not Verified | Algiers to New York via Paris. This is my first time putting a bad review regarding Air France. My flight from Paris to NY, carrying 2 kids (2,5 years and 9 months was just horrible) This was on August 23, 2018. I had to carry my 9 months old during the 9 hours of my flight, as the bassinet was very tight for him, and I had to take care of 2.5 years with one hand. No one from the cabin crew tried to help, in fact, they were looking at me very weird, it's like I did something bad. Even when I asked them to bring the bassinet in the begging, she gave me a bad face. I struggled alone during my 9 hours without any, any any help. Then la cerise sur le gateau, I had a couple seating next me, who tried to change their seats as soon as they saw my babies, but the flight was full. My 2.5 almost threw up when we started out landing, they started screaming at me, both adults, they were saying we paid for our tickets, it's OK we all did, even my baby. Excuse me if you are seating next to strange people (Kids). The cabin crew didn't do anything to intervene. I felt alone among monsters who don't like seating next to innocent people. Plus when the plane landed and everyone left the cabin. The people from the cabin crew were all standing in front of me, and no one offered to help me to take our my luggage from the above cabinet. One of the passengers felt sorry for me and he did it. Bottom line, be careful when you travel with your kids with Air France.
RouteAlgiers to New York via Paris
Date FlownAugust 2018

"lack of care for passengers"

Trip Verified | Mauritius to London. Just for reference, I flew from London to Mauritius via Air Mauritius and that was simply amazing. Now on my flight back from Mauritius to London the flight was via Air France (although in the booking it said Air Mauritius); Mauritius to Paris and then Paris to London. 12 hours of air time. The flight from Mauritius to Paris was the worse flight I ever had! I tried Ryanair once and said never again but after trying Air France I probably would prefer Ryanair! So food, we had two meals and I know French are famous for their cusine but this was a complete disgrace, the quality of everything was so horrible. My wife does not complain about food ever and she couldn't finish any meal, the bread for dinner was good! But for breakfast it was like a dry ice cube. The staff were arrogant and annoying, I don't understand how an airline staff was not trained on common courtesy! I don't sleep on flights usually but on a 12 hours flight, I can get an eye shut for an hour or two but not with this staff, running around with flash lights up and down like Godzilla rampaging through a Japanese city, slamming chairs backs not considering or warning the person sitting at the back! One positive was, for a change I was not the only passenger who couldn't sleep! Last big complaint I have, from every three announcements one was repeated in English and on the plane the English was really bad (English is not my first language either but people can understand me clearly at my job)! At Paris airport I noted to one of the ladies that they announced check-in but didn't do it in English and I wondered if that's standard procedure. She said "I will check sir!" Went to the lady who was doing announcements and after giggling loud while I was 5 meters away, started announcing in French and English. Finally on the short trip to London, same thing, some announcements in English many without. I fly to Germany via Lufthansa a lot, they love their language as much as the French still they always announce first in German and then in English like clock work. It's something that shows respect to their passengers and a simple understanding that not everyone knows German. I could had added other issues such as the cleanliness, the old broken arm rests and the inhuman seats. The problem from my point of view was a clear lack of care for the passengers and a lack of professionalism by the staff. To sum it up, never again! If I was French I would be ashamed that such an airline is representing my country.
RouteMauritius to London
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Hand baggage taken at gate"

Trip Verified | London to Paris. Hand baggage within dimensions taken at gate. Passengers behind me then occupied luggage bin above my seat. Will probably now miss connecting train and business meeting in morning. Will never fly again.
RouteLondon to Paris

"seats very uncomfortable"

Trip Verified | Mauritius to London via Paris. The worst airline. I do not even know where to start. Our flight from London to Mauritius with Air Mauritius was wonderful but we were in for quite a nasty surprise on the way back. The staff were not making announcements in English and when they did it was very confusing. The food was poor for me and the seats were very uncomfortable. The seats on the short flight from Paris to London were much more comfortable compared to the seats on the 12 hours flight from Mauritius to Paris. I do not understand how this makes sense and to top it all two staff members started to forcefully push back all the three seats in front of us without any warning. This was in the middle of the night when all the lights were switched off. I responded with shocked uncontrollable gasped and it was met with "do you have a problem madame, you can do the same with your seat". The fact I can push back my seat was not the point, a little warning with have been basic human decency. I am not even talking about professional courtesy. This was not the way I expected to end my honeymoon. Thank you Air France for unforgettable experience. Never again!
RouteMauritius to London via Paris
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"uncooperative, arrogant and inefficient"

Trip Verified | Washington to Paris CDG . Left my shaving bag in my seat, realized it was missing within 10 minutes of leaving the plane, had not even left the Air France Lounge when I reported the loss. They refused to make any attempt whatsoever to retrieve my valuables (and there were many!) Their procedure for retrieving lost or forgotten items is archaic, the staff are obnoxious and uncooperative, arrogant and inefficient. I will never fly with Air France again! My advice is to make sure if you are flying with them, make no errors! Resolving problems through them is impossible!
RouteWashington to Paris CDG

"They lost my baggage"

Trip Verified | Miami to Bologna via Paris. The worst experience with Air France. They lost my baggage in Paris and after 4 days I'm still waiting them. I have call customer care care and they told me that my baggage was accidentally send to another city of France and will take another 4 days to be delivery to my hotel. So total 8 days to have back my belonging. The person on the phone was rude. I will never fly again with Air France, they were not supportive at all and rude on customer care.
RouteMiami to Bologna via Paris
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"a horrid travel experience"

Trip Verified | Paris to New York. I have never had such a horrid travel experience before. As usual, I left plenty of time, 3.5 hours to be exact from the arrival of the Air France operated flight to my connection with AA in NY. As I have global entry I’ve found that leaves plenty of time. All seemed fine until the flight was delayed once, then twice, then three times, then four times. Never with a notification other than when people lined up for the boarding time only to see the screen at the gate had changed departure time once again. They gave 11 Euro vouchers for lunch, which mind you in CDG is not at all equivalent to a meal with even a water. I found that only one passenger had received a notification email that the flight was delayed (the first time) way earlier. 6:30 AM Europe time zone. No one else received this notification. Of course, Air France knew and left us all waiting like animals for the many delays at the gate throughout the entire day for a fight that was supposed to depart by 1:30PM I inquired what the issue was, the desk said “weather in JFK” so I called JFK hoping to find that my connecting flight would too be delayed. Not the case. The true reason was a mechanical issue with a plane they had en entire morning and afternoon to fix or change aircraft, but didn’t. We left at 6PM and 400 people found themselves waiting anther bout post landing sitting in the plane seat, not at a gate because we were royally late and there was no gate for us. I then find out from a family member calling Air France on my behalf that if t is a mechanical issue, the company would I cut expenses of inconvenience. For us, missing our fight home and having to pay to stay the night in New York plus the change fee for airline tickets home the next day was not at all ideal. Moreover, no one at Air France wanted to take responsibility they than telling me to send an email to customer service. I did so and followed up with a very unhelpful call to Air France where I was told they can’t help me. Way to go Air France. So long as I can help it, I will not fly with this airline.
RouteParis to New York

"My baggage was lost"

Trip Verified | Detroit to Bangalore via Paris. The worst ever plane travel I experienced. My baggage was lost and no still proper communication regarding my missed items. I was asked to wait for 21 days to track my baggage. I had email communication until 21 days and after it seems to be have lost, I am not getting replies to email. Didn’t provide genuine phone no to contact when my baggage was lost. I have tried more than 100 times to Customer care phone number I was not able to speak to representative! I don’t know could they be so irresponsible when someone’s else properties have been lost! And coming to the flight, ridiculous service inside the plane! Uncomfortable seating, LCD display didn’t work at all. Paid 1050$ for a single way and not worth even a penny. I have to spend extra money for my lost items on top of it. Too much of money and energy wasted because of this journey!
RouteDetroit to Bangalore via Paris

"very pleasant flight"

(Macedonia)

Not Verified | San Francisco to Paris. Very pleasant flight, the food was great, restrooms clean, very comfortable. The crew was polite and they wanted to serve us any time we asked. Flight was on time
Cabin FlownPremium Economy