Jet Airways

"Jet Airways failed miserably"

Trip Verified | We checked in at about 8am for our Amsterdam-Bangalore flight that was to depart at 10.50am on 29th May. There were other transit passengers who had come from elsewhere in Europe and US. The flight was to take off from Gate G12 - this must be the worst gate at Schipol airport - the gate area in poor repair, far away from restaurants & shops and no aero bridge to board the aircraft. At Schipol, Jet Airways have their staff, but perhaps in limited numbers - KLM provides ground support to Jet Airways. No Jet Airways staff were visible at our gate. Starting 10.45am, they made a series of announcements about flight delay. Finally at about 12 noon, they asked us to collect refreshment coupon from the gate counter - and it was worth Euro 2.50 - for that amount you get a bottle of water at Schipol, and most of us hadn’t had any breakfast. Some passengers starting tweeting furiously - perhaps, as a reaction to this, at about 12.45pm, KLM staff asked us to collect lunch coupons. But they also told us not to leave the gate area as they would have flight updates soon - remember that there are no food outlets in or close to gate G12! Eventually at about 1.45pm, they announced flight cancelation and asked us to go to transfer desk 4 to arrange alternate flights. KLM ground staff turned us away from Transfer desk 4 as it was very crowded and asked us to go to transfer desk 6. This was no less crowded. We stood in the queue for about 4 hours, we were inching towards the desk, at which time the KLM staff decided to close the desk and asked us to go to transfer desk 4! And another long wait began. Some passengers were being accommodated in the flight departing the same day - on such crazy routing as Amsterdam-Kuala Lumpur-Colombo-Bangalore (while the original flight was a direct non-stop flight). No one was being upgraded. But the viciousness of KLM ground staff was their own. And, through all this chaos, no Jet Airways staff was visible. Finally at about 9.30pm, I was given boarding passes for a KLM flight to Dubai the following day, a very long transit in Dubai and connecting onto an Emirates flight to Bangalore. I was asked to meet some other KLM staff in the arrival area for a hotel. I had a valid visa and could do that. But many others had to spend hours to get a visa & then were told it was too late to give them hotels - they spent overnight at the airport - no dinner coupons either. No one was given toiletries or money for change of clothes. Flights can get cancelled sometimes, but how an airline handles the situation determines the quality of the airline. Jet Airways failed miserably. So did KLM ground staff.
RouteAmsterdam to Bangalore
Date FlownMay 2018

"Do not fly with Jet airways"

(Sri Lanka)

Not Verified | I selected Jet Airways purely because it's price was cheap over some middle eastern airlines. The lesson learnt was "Never fly in cheaper airlines". Firstly, the food was not so good but I am OK with it. Seats were not comfortable at all, even in the Boeing 777 seats cushions were flattened I could not survive in that seat not even for 2 hours of 8.50 hours flight. Entertainment were OK. Some of the cabin crew acted that they do not want or like to work in that airline. Negative attitude. The drams started when I went to check in at Schipol for the flight to Mumabai and then to Colombo. The check in counter staff said that I have to pull out my check in Luggage in Mumbai and again pass it to flight to Colombo which i defended and said there is no need for that and why so do it. She said that is the way they do that. Then I said OK as I did not have any option. Then she went on to say that I do not have to go out of the airport to pick the bag which sounded like rubbish. I said what nonsense? I am transit passenger and do not have a visa to go out of the airport in Mumbai and I have no reason to do that. Then she went on to say that domestic transfers operates like this way. I said this is not a domestic transfer but an International. At that time only she knew that Colombo is not a part of India. By that time she has put a sticker in between the flight detail tag in my luggage "Domestic transfer". I said to change that because I had a doubt that luggage will not join my flight from Mumbai to Colombo. Then she said I have to pick up my Mumbai-Colombo boarding card in Mumbai. Then I defended, she said she cannot issue that. Then asked me to wait for 10 minutes but it took about 30 minutes me standing. Then she called me again and said she can check in my luggage (I just had one bag) all the way to Colombo. But cannot issue the boarding card for the Mumbai-Colombo flight and I have to collect it in Mumbai. I strongly opposed it and requested the intervention of a manager who was apparently standing next to her but reluctantly intervened. Then he said boarding card for the 2nd flight cannot be issued now due to system error. All this time these two jokers were very negative in attitude. It is all their problems, not mine. Eventually I collected the 2nd flight's boarding card in Mumbai. I stated them that this will be my first and last flight with Jet airways. It was very inconvenient and stressful situation. It was my mistake to select a cheaper airline, Jet Airways was cheaper in all means. Do not fly with Jet airways for cheaper price, pay some extra and fly a reputed airline. In a problematic situation they handle it well with less hassle for passengers. Jet Airways, ground staff is useless bunch of employees.
AircraftBoeing 737 / 777
RouteColombo to Amsterdam via Mumbai

"Worst International flight"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Singapore. Worst International flight experience I have ever had. It was simple a domestic aircraft and crew deputed to international route. The cabin crew is rude anddo not give blankets to everyone and forget about pillows because they dont have that. No in flight entertainment (They may say jet screen so prepare to have you phone 100% charged and use your hands for 6 hours). They do not give nuts with drunks as default, its only on demand. Last but not the least they can refuse you a drink as well in case everyone in the flight had 1 drink before,because they were carrying only one bottle. Big thumbs down for Jet Airways Delhi nto Singapore route.
RouteDelhi to Singapore

"Absolutely rotten flight"

Trip Verified | Absolutely rotten flight. The plane was dirty. From the very beginning one toilet was inoperable and then the flight was diverted to Kolkata because all toilets became inoperable. The pilot showed total lack of reasoning in making this diversion- it achieved nothing as it took a long time to land in Kolkata, then passengers were not allowed to leave the aircraft to use airport loos. By the time the on board toilets were repaired we were well past the time we would have reached Delhi. Then, in Kolkata a series of late procedures were revealed - all of which required us to sit waiting in a hot and stinking aircraft to avoid 'immigration' while the crew basically vanished. The pilot apart from a series of whiny announcements defending his decision to land gave us no updates about departure time etc. At the time of writing this we are still stuck here - the pilot has now vanished and nothing has been done to relieve the stress of the passengers. Zero rating on all counts.
RouteSingapore to Delhi

"zero hospitality"

Trip Verified | Jaipur to Mumbai. Rude cabin crew, zero hospitality, poor service. Suggestion: don’t be a cabin crew if u do t like your job. Flights are comfortable in seating but attitude of staff is not acceptable. I would like to avoid travel by Jet Airways as much as possible
RouteJaipur to Mumbai

"very pathetic experience"

Trip Verified | Today I had the worst experience form Lucknow to Delhi and connecting to Ahmedabad. The plane was so so hot and humid. The airconditioning was just negligible. Sitting in the plane for 3 hours was unbearable. I pity those people who had their first experience in a plane, because definitely it would have left such a horrible impression. Even the above head fan was so hot and bad, we had to close it also. Horrible and very pathetic experience.
RouteLucknow to Ahmedabad via New Delhi

"overall good experience"

(Thailand)

Not Verified | Bangkok to Leh via Delhi. We flew with bikes and they were undamaged. We didn't have to pay any excess baggage so that was nice. The desk agent in Delhi was very nice and helpful. Overall good experience.
RouteBangkok to Leh via Delhi
Date FlownJune 2018

"never travel Jet Airways in future"

Not Verified | Delhi to Singapore. We travelled from Delhi to Singapore return. The aeroplane was very old and Noisy. Seats are Hard and Cramped. Food was really pathetic. No USB Port. No Foot Stand to support Feet. Shockingly the Blankets and Pillows were so limited, even Children were difficult to get it. No Sanitizers or Hot Water in the Bathrooms. The situation was same in the return Flight also. We'll never travel Jet Airways in future.
RouteDelhi to Singapore
Date FlownJune 2018

"not recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | Paris to Chennai. Jet Airways is a okay airline. Our bags missed our connection and did not arrive to Chennai. The service was great though the food was not great. We had problems with choosing food because we had booked with Air France and they would not let us choose a food option. This was also the same problem with the seat. The seat was random and we were sitting in front of the bathroom. I would not recommend this airline to my friends and family.
RouteParis to Chennai

"Worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Jet Airways are the worst airline I have flown with ever. To start with, my flight was delayed by 2 hours flying from MAA (Chennai) to CDG (Paris) and I missed my connecting flight. The airline staff were not a bit responsible and were pretty rude. They won't rebook your missed flight and told me that it is my responsibility to check my connection after I arrive in Paris. Worst customer service. No notification of my flight delay to my E-mail. To add: The food service on the flight was pathetic. Additionally, the entertainment screen for the seat next to me didn't work and the flight attendants couldn't care less.
RouteChennai to Paris CDG