Turkish Airlines

"I won’t travel Turkish again"

Trip Verified | London to Rwanda via Istanbul. Calling this business class is laughable - Premium Economy with a Biz Class price! Such uncomfortable seats and the most bizarre changeover of staff at Entebbe in the middle of the night - no idea that would happen and we had a host of cleaners on board with hoovers. No sleep possible. On the flight for two hours and no offer of a drink. Miserable unfriendly crew. I won’t travel Turkish again.
RouteLondon to Rwanda via Istanbul

"definitely travel again"

(Venezuela)

Trip Verified | Caracas to Munich via Istambul. The plane, crew, service on board, ground staff and food were excellent in economy class. We were given blankets, pillows, a travel kit with mask, sandals, socks, camo, hot towels, also the leg room was very good. Because our connection was long we did a free Tour in Istanbul which was very cool. I would definitely travel again on Turkish Airlines.
AircraftA330-200 / A321-200
RouteCaracas to Munich via Istambul
Date FlownJuly 2018

"most horrible ground service"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | The most horrible ground service! They will lose your luggage and never take care of finding it. When I arrived to Ankara airport my luggage did not appeared on the belt and I then consulted to lost luggage desk. The guy working there told me that he can see my luggage is in Istanbul and they will send it to my address tomorrow. he even told me that they have received an email for my luggage already. The next day nothing happened and I called them. Quite surprisingly I found out that they know nothing about the luggage they even don't know in which country is my luggage at the moment, meaning the THY assistant on the desk lied to me in a very professional way. I has been couple of days now and heard nothing. No one is contacted - besides I then saw the report that the initial guy wrote, the color of my luggage was written wrong and the flight number I took was completely wrong. I wish there would be better options then them so no one would feel they have no other choice.
RouteAmsterdam to Ankara via Istanbul

"most uncomfortable seats"

Not Verified | My wife and I were travelling to Helsinki via Turkish Airlines from Mumbai. I reserved a double seat 100 days prior to the flight. Checked In with the same seat selection as soon as online check in started. However when we reached the airport the staff tells us that there are no double seats on the flight and gave us a seat near the emergency exit. To our surprise we found that there are double seats on the flight. And the so called extra leg space seats are infact the most uncomfortable seats you can have. This kind of blatant lies on part of the Turkish Airlines staff is completely unacceptable.
RouteMumbai to Helsinki via Instanbul
Date FlownJuly 2018

"never walking the cabin"

Trip Verified | Manila to Istanbul. I was hoping the return flight would be better that the outbound, Istanbul to Manila. I am sad to say it wasn't, the seat is fine pretty run of the mill business class, does what it says on the tin and had a decent sleep. Where Turkish airlines fails is in its customer service onboard along with the business class menu. Firstly the service on board, there wasn't any real interaction from the crew with their customers, menus' were given out and I was hurried to complete the breakfast menu for later in the flight, welcome drinks were not served until 20 mins after boarding, and champagne had to be requested. The main meal was served, and although it looked pretty it was pretty bland, I chose the chicken, it was dry and tasteless, I have had economy meals in the past and this spread was very much that but served on china. Way below what I have experienced on other carriers. The breakfast meal was just as bad, mainly all choices are based on eggs. Customer service on board, i had the feeling that the crew looking after its business class passengers were lacking in training to work in this part of the cabin, this was apparent from the lack of interaction, the crew spent all the time they could behind the curtain in the galley talking, never walking the cabin to see how their guests are.
RouteManila to Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2018

"at the back of the plane chatting"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to Manila via Istanbul. I flew out of Tel Aviv in the evening of June 9, 2018 and reached Manila at around 6:00PM the following day. It was raining heavily and as usual, there was a terrible air traffic in Manila that we had to make a turn around Manila airspace three times. Then, the pilot announced that an airplane got stuck in the runway, so the plane has to be diverted temporarily to Clark International airport. We sat inside the plane at Clark airport for about 2.5hrs, and the cabin crew did not even gave food or drinks to the passengers; they were simply sitting at the back of the plane, chatting. The plane returned to Manila and we reached there at past 10PM, exhausted and starving. They had nothing extra in case of emergencies.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteTel Aviv to Manila via Istanbul
Date FlownJune 2018

"Well, money, obviously"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | Well, the flight from Kayseri was supposed to leave at 14:40 but was delayed untill 20:00. Some part of the ventilation system, I think, was not working. They kept us on the plane for the first two hours. Since Istanbul is about an hour and a half of flying time away, it is beyond me why they didn't send a replacement plane, instead of having us waiting around until they managed to fix it. Well, money, obviously. But doesn't bad experiences and bad reviews hurt you longer in the long run!?
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteKayseri to Bucharest via Istanbul

"incompetent customer service"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Bucharest via Istanbul. The customer service it’s a bad joke. After three attempts to complete the check in with Turkish Airlines customer service agents, the fourth attempt was a complete fiasco. The supervisor was not able to complete the check in with all the information available. Plus they told me that I have just one luggage (not two as it should be for transatlantic flights), for the second one needing to pay just $165. Disappointment, stress , waste of time and of course money are a soft description of the Turkish Airlines incompetent customer service.
RouteLos Angeles to Bucharest via Istanbul

"testing dine on-demand"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Venice via Istanbul. Cabin crew on both legs attentive and friendly. They came to me at the end of both segments to ask whether I liked the service and enjoyed the flight. Old business class seat on the Singapore to Istanbul route: this seat type should be removed by Turkish as it is uncompetitive. Had a good sleep though as the space for legs is excellent. Meal quality and quantity great. I was pleased to see that Turkish is testing the dine on-demand concept on the Singapore to Istanbul route. I was told that such a concept will be gradually introduced across all their long-haul flights. Ataturk airport crazy busy as usual - looking forward to the opening of the new airport in October. Due to very bad weather over India, the first flight landed in Istanbul behind schedule and one of my four luggage did not make it to the final destination. It arrived to Venice with the following flight and was delivered on the same day by the airline directly to my place.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER & A321
RouteSingapore to Venice via Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2018

"service is too mechanical"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to Istanbul via flight TK85 and reached Istanbul at 5:20AM. I changed my flight from Istanbul to Tel Aviv to 11AM from the 6PM flight, paid U$81.00 and was assured that my check-in luggage will be transferred to the same flight. When I reached Tel Aviv, my check-in luggage was not in the same flight, nor in the next flight. I submitted a complaint note and my luggage was delivered to my hotel the next day. It was a big hassle for me because I was to attend a business conference at Tel Aviv Convention centre. Airline does not have the service that they promised passenger despite the fact that I paid for the changed flight. They also have very poor cabin service on TK85 in a sense that while I was still eating, the stewardess took the tray because she said that it was time for them to pull back trays. The service is too mechanical.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER