Turkish Airlines

"was no lounge available"

(Belarus)

Verified Review | Antalya to Moscow. We bought business class tickets and wanted to spend 1-2 hours in a lounge - to feed the baby mostly - but there was no lounge available. We double checked with a man who was checking us in where is the lounge for Turkish business class - he send us wrong direction and did not even put priority tags on our luggage. We spend extra hour in Moscow waiting for luggage with economy class as no tags where provided.
RouteAntalya to Moscow

3rd October 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Hi, we sincerely felt sorry and would like to state our apologizes on the behalf of your comments. Also, your precious feedbacks toward us to improve our service quality and working process, accordingly, your feedback is conveyed to our related department. We kindly state that we owe our success to our valued passengers' opinions and feedbacks and we aim to feel our customers' support every day. Best regards.

"needs more staff like him"

(South Africa)

Verified Review | Cape Town to Athens via Istanbul. My wife and I were traveling with twins in business class, and her family was also on the plane but traveling in economy class. As we got to the boarding gate, we wanted to get the rest of our family onto business class. There were seats available, but the first person we asked said it was impossible to change seats at such a late time. I then met a staff member and he called someone in Istanbul to see if it was possible. After a few phone calls, he asked for my credit card details and was able to upgrade the rest of my family to business class. The reason this is so impressive is that he had to go against the inbuilt systems to delight a customer. I think the airline industry needs more staff like him and less people who just follow the process. I will be flying Turkish airlines again because of this.
RouteCape Town to Athens via Instabul

3rd October 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Hi, thank you for sharing your pleasant travel experience you had with us. Turkish Airlines, which has achieved its current level of success thanks to your support, aims to give you always the best service. Your valuable opinions constitute a great source of power for our efforts intended to achieve this goal. We are very happy to hear that you are satisfied with our colleague who has displayed our service understanding to you in the best way. Wishing to have the privilege of accompanying you during your travels for many more years to come, please accept our regards.

"was told that the hotels were full"

Verified Review | London to Mombasa via Istanbul, after being told and having my ticket verified by a lady agent at the international transit desk just before passport control that i qualify for a free transit hotel for a layover as my transit time was 18hours. I also met the other requirements such as being in transit from a Turkish Airlines flight to another Turkish Airline flight that was international as well as the connection flight being the only option hence being forced by the Turkish Airlines schedule structure thus requiring a layover as there was no shorter connection from Istanbul with Turkish Airlines on the same day. After having arrived at the hotel desk with people who just got of the flight I was told that the hotels were full and there was nothing he could do about it apart from offering me a voucher to compensate for the hotel for a bus trip around Istanbul at 7am - bearing in mind that its was 2am and I had no sleep. Long story short he claimed to be the supervisor and a colleague beside him the manager, he gave me a counter number for the Turkish Airlines customer service number to which I called and was told I met the requirements but they wouldn’t provide, forcing me to give up. I not only wasted $30 for the visa required to get through passport control but my time. They also use a trick to bypass the free transit hotel: If they are aware of long delays (more than 10 hours) they just break down 1 big delay into multiple short delays. If they adds flights to their schedule between the time of booking and date of travel they will not offer the hotel.
RouteLondon to Mombasa via Istanbul

3rd October 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Hi, we would like to indicate that the matter you have expressed has been a cause of great regret for us. We apologize for being unable to facilitate the travels of you, our valued passengers, as we would have liked to, and we would like you to know that we would be glad to again welcome you as our guest on your future travels. For further investigation of your unsatisfied experience, kindly leave your feedback on our feedback form bit.ly/thy_form We will surely get back to you with detailed explanation. With our best regards.

"Food service was poor"

Verified Review | Washington to Istanbul. Food service was poor. They run out of dinner with fish after serving almost 50 passengers and I had no other option but pasta with cheese sauce. My return on Sept 19 2017 was terrible. A woman was changing her baby's diaper by the food service area. Flight attendant was incapable of doing something about it. During dinner time they once again run out and I was served this time eggplant with rice. By the time they service our section my food was cold. I gave my dinner back. When I told the flight attendant she said 'she will let her supervisor know' but nobody came to talk to me nor offered anything else to eat. I believe I had to get upset like other passengers to receive better dinner and service. I have been flying with Turkish Airlines for 15 years and have lost confidence for the quality service and competency of keeping passengers satisfaction.
RouteWas to Izmir

26th September 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Dear, we would like to indicate that the matter you have expressed has been causing for great regret for us. The efforts of Turkish Airlines are directed towards providing our esteemed passengers with a superior level of service under present conditions. We consider our passengers' constructive criticism as the most valuable help to ameliorate our service. In consequence of this check, we regrettably found out that you were not given the service of the quality we target to give you at each level. We strive to ensure that each one of our workmates becomes a perfect brand representative with a professional service understanding. Notwithstanding, we apologise for failing to meet your rightful expectations and causing you dissatisfaction. In line with this, please be informed that your criticism has been conveyed to section concerned in order to achieve a more customer caring attitude. We apologise once again for the inconvenience, and with hopes that we can offer you flawless service on your subsequent travels. With our kindest regards.

"decline in catering quality "

Verified Review | Toronto to Istanbul. Check in and boarding were smooth. Onboard, the aircraft interior looked worn, the air was stale and sticky. The socks and bottles of salad dressing from the previous flight were left on the seat indicating a poor clean-up and prep effort. The seat was comfortable in both the upright and lie flat position allowing me to get a decent night's sleep. The catering was a let-down and a significant deterioration from what I have experienced on previous TK flights. There were no pre meal canapés, appetizers were limited and main course was bone dry. The wine list featured the same labels as they had 12 months ago. The IFE was OK but could have used more recent releases. The FA's were slow in their service and tended to mill around the galley. Toilets were kept in reasonably good state throughout the flight. The wifi was good and operated without interruption. The flight left late but landed on schedule. Overall it was a decent experience but the decline in catering quality was very obvious.
RouteToronto to Istanbul

26th September 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Hi, thank you for sharing your experience with us as we assure you that customer satisfaction is our priority and we want the service in our flights to reflect that principle. We want to thank you for your patronage and for bringing these concerns to our attention. We are confident that a future experience will better reflect our commitment to customer satisfaction. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance. Best regards.

"such a worn out plane"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | Bad experience I was flying from Istanbul to Prague by TK1769 on Aug 28. The plane has been A321 and I have never seen such a worn out plane. Personal entertainment system was not functioning. The biggest problem was that my seat did not fix in upright position, which was making both me and the passenger behind very uncomfortable. I felt like plane must be 20 years+ old just to find out it is ex Jet Airways (India) plane, only 8.5 years old. The plane was really poor and crew visibly uninterested to try resetting entertainment system or finding a suitable seat for me. They did not care. Very disappointing.
RouteIstanbul to Prague
Date FlownAugust 2017

26th September 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Hi, we need to state that we are really sorry for the inconvenience that was caused your travel. This is truly saddening because Turkish Airlines was founded on the promise of making the experience of flying easier, happier and more safe for everybody who chooses to fly with our company. We understand that these irregularities can be very uncomfortable for our customers, however, our first priority must always be to provide you with safe and happy travel. Your opinion is a guidance for us to improve ourselves regarding the service quality of our operational processes, always desiring to feel the support of our valued passengers is one of the strongest factors in achieving the present success of our association and we aim to provide the best service with a contemporary approach. Thank you for the courtesy of sharing your opinions and observations on our side and for preferring Turkish Airlines. Again we would like to investigate your experience thoroughly and get back to you. If you share us it via bit.ly/thy_form Respectfully yours.

"prefer to be home on time"

Verified Review | Cologne to Shiraz via Istanbul. My first plane was delayed in Cologne so I couldn't catch my next flight so Turkish Airlines offered a ticket for my final destination which was due in 18 hours. In such situations you can either go to a hotel and rest or take a city tour. The hotel was supposedly 5 star, I would not say that my residence was bad, but I prefer to be home on time.
RouteCologne to Shiraz via Istanbul

18th September 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Hi, we apologize for not getting you to the final destination on the time. As is the case in every other industry, unexpected issues may occur in the aviation industry, too, and we would like to share with you the fact that some of these happen outside our control. We would like to state that we strive to eliminate such undesirable unpleasant situations. Your feedback is of guidance to us toward improving our services in this regard. Sending to us your views both positive and negative after every one of your flights would, without a doubt, lead us toward providing better service. Respectfully yours.

"impressed with hard products "

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | London to Kuala Lumpur via Istanbul. Really impressed with the hard products and 9 abreast seats in B777 economy. Even more impressed with the live television services, though limited channels. I would not have imagined watching a UEFA Champions League / World Cup qualifier game whilst travelling intercontinental. Food is good relative to other airlines. Was relieved that my check-in luggage made it through to Kuala Lumpur, after there was a 50 minutes delay from my departure at Heathrow. At Istanbul, I was off the plane and straightaway dashed to my connection gate. Made it into the connection to Kuala Lumpur, but was resigned that my luggage wouldn't make it and may come in on the following flight. Thankfully, it reached KUL together with me. One reservation about the hardproduct is seat pitch, especially on the A330. I'm 6 foot 1, and really feel the tightness. Not much improvement on the B777, but perhaps bearable for a 9 hours flight.
AircraftA330 / Boeing 777
RouteLondon to Kuala Lumpur via Istanbul

18th September 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

First of all, thank you for sparing your precious time and sharing your feedback with us. Turkish Airlines, which has achieved its current level of success thanks to your support, aims to give you always the best service. Your valuable opinions constitute a great source of power for our efforts intended to achieve our goal. We have shared your opinions on our service quality and about the seat pitch with our relevant department. Wishing to have the privilege of accompanying you during your travels for many more years to come, please accept our regards.

"expected to be able to sleep"

(Saudi Arabia)

Verified Review | London to Riyadh via Istanbul. I booked a seat by the window on the right-hand side. The flight left at 01:20 so I expected to be able to sleep. On going through the gate security the staff scribbled out the seat number and wrote the same row (31, I believe, the second to last row) but wrote seat E. I asked why and they said the plane had been changed but it was the same size as the first leg and I was supposed to be in the exact same seat - 31F. I tried to engage them further but they just waved me off. The flight attendants on board said the flight was overbooked which was a lie. The person next to me, who had taken my seat, was a woman with a crying baby. I said nothing to her as that would be rude, and I'm not as rude as Turkish Airlines' staff. This is by no means the first time it has happened, but only seems to be leaving or entering Saudi Arabia. Sometimes I appreciate a woman doesn't want to be seated next to a male stranger, but this woman was still next to me, and had the side of the plane to lean on - exactly why I chose to book the seat in advance, instead of just turning up knowing the staff will steal someone else's. One good point was she had a huge, blow up cushion between her and the aircraft window which I will look for and use when I fly in future, with a different airline of course.
RouteLondon to Riyadh via Istanbul

11th September 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Hi, first and foremost, we would like to indicate our sincere apologies for the trouble you had. As giving our passengers who choose us on their travels the service they deserve and delivering this excellently are among our priority targets, we again have experienced how important your feedback is. So for further investigation of your unsatisfied experience, kindly leave your feedback on our feedback form bit.ly/thy_form We will surely get back to you with detailed explanation.

"Food was very good with options"

(Vietnam)

Verified Review | Hong Kong - Istanbul - Copenhagen on B777-300 and A321, respectively. Flew 5+6 September 2017. Both flights on time. I arrived very early due to few connections to HKG from my departure town Danang by Vietnam with a LCC carrier, Jetstar. Thus I had to leave transit and pick luggage after immigration. However, I could not check in early in HKG so I had to take the Airport Express train and backtrack myself some 40 km downtown for city check in which is possible 8 hours prior to departure while in Airport only 4 hours are granted. The city check-in took 2 minutes when finally there, but to access the Kowloon station in question (for city check-in) took me >1 hour. By checking in there I got rid of my luggage and the BP issued granted me lounge access upon returning to HKG airport. I tried all three Star-alliance lounges and found Silverkris having the best food, drinks, and staff, while the Thai and United lounges had stunning panorama view towards the tarmac making up for modest food and drink supplies (and no champagne) and very few staff. Onboard the FAs are friendly and caring. However, all appear to be of only one (Turkish?) nationality. This is a pity as they obvious have received limited, internal training - which results in a less perfect flight experience as the FA’s, in general, have lower skills and possess limited, modest exposure. The wandering cook onboard is superfluous in my view and makes a clown out of himself. IFE good. Headphones were of superb quality (“Devon”). Chairs turned into spacious flat beds. Full set of bedsheets provided. Toilets clean throughout. Food was very good with options. Two full meal rounds served on this 12 hour flight - plus dine on demand was apparently possible (hot snacks). Drinks fine with G.H. Mumms champagne. Transit in Istanbul is normally a hassle but this time it went smooth and no queues. CIP lounge is a breeze – I had nice shower and a delicious breakfast. The last sector IST-CPH was on an A321-200 with true business class seats (2 x 2 configuration) and good service including offering champagne in mini-bottles. Only 6 seats were occupied (out of 20) on this morning flight. IFE also good.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER + A321
RouteHong Kong to Copenhagen via Istanbul

11th September 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Dear Anders, First of all, thank you for sparing your precious time and sharing your feedback with us. Turkish Airlines, which has achieved its current level of success thanks to your support, aims to give you always the best service. Your valuable opinions constitute a great source of power for our efforts intended to achieve this goal. We have shared your opinions on our service quality with our relevant department. Wishing to have the privilege of accompanying you during your travels for many more years to come, please accept our regards.