Turkish Airlines

"very disappointed"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | My first flights (Jakarta to Antalya via Istanbul). On the homebound flight from Antalya to Jakarta via Istanbul my TK 2425 (30 Nov 2017) was delayed without any announcement. On boarding I asked the ground crew if I would still be able to catch my Istanbul-Jakarta flight (TK56), and the ground crew replied that "no problem". The plane landed late and I missed my flight to Jakarta. Yes, Turkish airline did give me a hotel, yes, Turkish airline did give me a ticket rebooking, yes Turkish airline did give me breakfast-lunch-dinner. However, I did not receive my luggage and hence I did not have any change of clothes. Upon seeing the queue at the Turkish Airlines hotel transfer I was in a dilemma of either waiting another 2 hours before getting my luggage at 4am or go sleep at the hotel and not have my luggage. In my luggage was also my laptop charger and mobile charger which I would have needed to inform work, arrangements that I will be delayed by one day. But more scarily was my box of medicines that I needed. I was appalled by the ground crew at Antalya airport who lied to my face, and the ground crew at the hotel transfer who did not sympathize that I needed my luggage and only offered strict options. I was very dissapointed that Turkish airline did not provide me a letter of delay to help me justify my situation at my home country, and no laundry service hence I was not in fresh clothes for more than 48hrs! It is easy providing hotels, food and ticket change but please keep in mind that all these passengers are humans and have lives and dependencies and have specific needs and requirements.
RouteAntalya to Jakarta via Istanbul
Date FlownDecember 2017

5th December 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Dear Enda, we sincerely felt sorry and would like to state our apologizes on the behalf of your comments. For further investigation of your unsatisfied experience, kindly leave your feedback on our feedback form bit.ly/thy_form We will surely get back to you with detailed explanation. Thank you for sharing your opinions regarding your experience and choosing Turkish Airlines on your flights.

"The seat was comfortable"

Trip Verified | This was the first time I flew Turkish Airlines on an international route. I flew from Toronto to Mumbai via Istanbul and back. The cabin crew from Toronto to Istanbul were quite rude. I ordered the special Asian vegetarian meal before the flight, which was very good. The seat was comfortable. There was a good selection of movies in various different languages. The same applies to the connecting flight from Istanbul to Mumbai, but the cabin crew were a lot nicer. However, toilets are not clean. Transitting at Istanbul is a nightmare as the airport is extremely packed struggling to find a place to sit. The return flight was more or less the same.
RouteToronto to Mumbai via Istanbul

5th December 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

First of all, thank you for sparing your precious time and sharing your feedback with us. All staff members who serve in Turkish Airlines are reminded repeatedly through training programs that they must carry out their duties in accordance with rules and also must keep in consideration the satisfaction of our valued passengers. Turkish Airlines, which has achieved its current level of success thanks to your support, aims to give you always the best service. Your valuable opinions constitute a great source of power for our efforts intended to achieve this goal. We have shared your opinions on our service quality with our relevant department. Wishing to have the privilege of accompanying you during your travels for many more years to come, please accept our regards.

"no one really cares about your problem"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Being a loyal customer of this airline, I was once again dissapointed with Turkish Airlines completely messing up my flight. Outbound flight TK1856 from Barcelona to Istanbul left about 40 minutes delayed, and for that reason we were denied boarding for our connecting flight to Moscow, which resulted in spending an entire night at the airline's lounge. I would like to particularly stress the utter rudeness of the airline staff at the airport, who are completely uninterested in helping you out, pretending not to speak English and watching videos on their smartphones, giggling and discussing it with each other. While at the lounge, you are not allowed to use a shower since the previous flight was less than 8 hours long. So please know, if you miss your flight due to the airline's fault, you are on your own and no one really cares about your problem. That's a fact. The same situation happened to me in April, while returning from Miami to Moscow via Istanbul. The airline representative failed to change the dates for my wife and my infant child, changing it only for me, therefore, I ended up paying for the completely new tickets. Overpaid around 2000 USD. And, once again, the flight left late from Miami and, therefore, we missed the connecting flight and spent the night at the airport. We were not offered any hotel and we were also denied access to the lounge due to the mess up with the airline. The airline's feedback form is awful, and up to this day my issues with them had not been resolved. Even visiting the airline's office in Moscow does not help, everything is managed through the website. Overall, I am very disappointed with the airline and especially with their customer care. It's a shame, since their planes and prices are very nice, the headache in dealing with the problems afterwards is just too much to fly with them again.
RouteBarcelona to Moscow
Date FlownAugust 2017

5th December 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Hi, first and foremost, we kindly ask you to accept our regret at the unpleasant situation you have experienced, and we apologize for not getting you to the final destination on your ticket on time. As is the case in every other industry, unexpected issues may occur in the aviation industry, too, and we would like to share with you the fact that some of these happen outside our control. We would like to state that we strive to eliminate such undesirable unpleasant situations. Your feedback is of guidance to us toward improving our services in this regard. Sending to us your views both positive and negative after every one of your flights would, without a doubt, lead us toward providing better service. So please leave your feedbacks by visiting the link: bit.ly/thy_form Respectfully yours.

"very nice staff onboard"

Trip Verified | Buenos Aires to Istanbul via Sao Paolo. I have been very surprised by the overall quality of the airline in business. After the stop over in Sao Paolo, they change your headset for a Denon one (amazing sound). Toilets are about half more of the size of the one in economy. Very nice staff onboard and dedicated to you pleasure.
RouteBuenos Aires to Istanbul via Sao Paolo

5th December 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Dear Juan, we are really glad to read these valuable comments of yours. Also we would like to indicate that Turkish Airlines' aim is always improve our service and based on this, our staff is always put on notice to be good-humoured to our valuable passengers. With our kindest regards.

"considerate for my old parents"

Trip Verified | Washington to Istanbul. The website didn't work for check in, so I called and it was quick on the phone somebody checked me in, but the wonderful thing happened at the airport as we checked in for the flight we are now waiting for. The man at the ticket counter was wonderful, efficient and very considerate for my old parents, also helping fellow agents.
RouteWashington to Istanbul

5th December 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Hi Janitte, your valuable feedback regarding our staff is really important for us to improve our service and we are happy to read these comments which mean that we are going in the right direction. We always try hard to develop our quality with our staff and such beautiful words makes us really happy. Thank you for choosing Turkish Airlines on your flights. With our warmest regards.

"I hope these problems will be short term"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Paris, you can feel the quality of Star Alliance Airline. I'am generally use Turkish Airlines and first time this is the first time I see more than one managing problem during check-in and flight. Check-in attendants was much more slower than my other trips and they gives people wrong information. They have no idea about seat layout of aircraft and nobody don't accept and try to solve any kind of problem. During flight, you can feel the differences between cabin crew, Turkish Airlines don't educate their new flight attendant like they used to. I hope these problems will be short term and Turkish Airlines back to their old days.
RouteIstanbul to Paris

5th December 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Dear Ege, we would like to indicate that the matter you have expressed has been cause for great regret for us. All staff members who serve in Turkish Airlines are reminded repeatedly through training programs that they must carry out their duties in accordance with rules and also must keep in consideration the satisfaction of our valued passengers. We apologize once again for the inconvenience, and with hopes that we can offer you flawless service on your subsequent travels, we are respectfully yours.

"we missed the second flight"

(Iran)

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Tehran via Istanbul. The first flight was with delay, we had a connecting flight but because of delay we missed the second flight and they weren't responding about that. The staff service was awful it was really a bad trip. We paid twice for our booked flight.
RouteAmsterdam to Tehran via Istanbul

26th November 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Hi, first and foremost, we kindly ask you to accept our regret at the unpleasant situation you have experienced, and we apologize for not getting you to the final destination on your ticket on time. As is the case in every other industry, unexpected issues may occur in the aviation industry, too, and we would like to share with you the fact that some of these happen out of our control. We would like to state that we strive to eliminate such undesirable unpleasant situations. Your feedback is of guidance to us toward improving our services in this regard. Sending to us your views both positive and negative after every one of your flights would, without a doubt, lead us toward providing better service. So please leave your feedbacks by visiting the link: bit.ly/thy_form Respectfully yours.

"The leg room was horrible"

Trip Verified | Atlanta to Doha via Istanbul. From the moment you step on they greet you nicely but once you take off it's all downhill with customer service. I would never wish that experience on my enemy. The flight attendants were grumpy and English is a little unrecognizable. Luckily I had my handy app on my iPhone X downloaded two weeks prior to my trip. As I knew I was going to have a 9 hr layover both ways. So I was able to learn a little Turkish. The meals were ok. The entertainment was good. The leg room was horrible!
RouteAtlanta to Doha via Istanbul

26th November 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Hi, firstly, we wish to thank you for delivering your opinions and give us a chance to efface the unfavorable Turkish Airlines experience of yours. As giving our passengers who choose us on their travels the service they deserve and delivering this excellently are among our priority targets, we again have experienced how important your feedback is. As Turkish Airlines, we aim to provide flawless service to all of our passengers equally but sadly, we were unable to do so for you during your journey from Atlanta to Doha. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you have met and the dissatisfaction. Once again, we would like to share our sincere apologies for the stress and undesirable situations you have experienced. If you wish to send us your precious feedbacks via bit.ly/thy_form we will for sure evaluate and get back to you. Best regards.

"Overall, very good flight"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | Took advantage of promotional fares on Turkish Airlines’ new route (when I booked) from Istanbul to Phuket. When I arrived in Phuket on the outbound sector, I asked Thai Airways whether on my return I could book a flight with them to Phuket and through check my luggage onto Turkish Airlines, both being Star Alliance. He checked on a list and said I could as Thai have an agreement with Turkish. However, when I got to Bangkok to fly to Phuket and on to Istanbul, Thai said no I couldn’t through check in. Where the agreement failed I have no idea. So had to sit with my luggage for hours waiting for Turkish check-in to open. After check-in, Business Class passengers were personally escorted through Immigration and Security checks and into a lounge. Not the best lounge in the world but quiet and with light snacks available. Offer of shoulder massage was tempting but I just wanted to close my eyes for an hour. At boarding time we were escorted to the gate and given immediate boarding. Before take-off given menus and was asked to complete my breakfast choices. After take-off breakfast was served. I had ordered scrambled eggs but when they reached me in row Four, they said they had all gone. They offered an omelette or waffles; the latter not being on the menu. After breakfast I made up my bed and slept for hours. We had been asked for our lunch selection from the menu. Cabin was crowded - must have been full or close to it. During the night I went to the toilet. The flight deck door was wide open and it looked crowded in there too with some crew standing. In the morning they started the lunch service. In front of me I heard a lady complain and say “But I ordered it.” When they reached me they said they didn’t have the steak I had asked for. I could have the other menu options or a beef stew option which also was not in the menu. I guess the lady had also been disappointed about steak. Landed about 30 minutes early and taken by bus to the terminal - special bus for Business Class passengers. After customs I went to the arrival lounge but it was closed. In fact I have often found it closed recently. Overall, very good flight. On time. But seems you need to sit in the first couple of rows to be sure of meal choice when flight is full, as they only serve from the front in Business Class.
RoutePhuket to Istanbul

26th November 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

First of all, thank you for sparing your precious time and sharing your feedback with us. Turkish Airlines, which has achieved its current level of success thanks to your support, aims to give you always the best service. Your valuable opinions constitute a great source of power for our efforts intended to achieve this goal. We have shared your opinions on our service quality with our relevant department. Wishing to have the privilege of accompanying you during your travels for many more years to come, please accept our regards.

"asked to purchase another ticket"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | My daughter and I checked in early for flight TK150, we then proceeded to the gate 204 as indicated on the boarding pass as well as on the boarding/information screen. We waited till boarding time and proceeded to board when gate was open. No announcement was made of gate changes. My daughter passed through the gate (204) and was about to board the plane when I was withheld due to the boarding gate having been changed. The fact that my daughter was let through to the plane shows a lack of security by the ground crew at the gate, which is not acceptable. Then we were informed to proceed to gate 306. At gate 306, we were instructed to proceed to gate 315 but the plane left by then. We complained to customer service and were asked to purchase another ticket!
RouteIstanbul to Dammam

26th November 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Hi, we are sorry to hear of your recent disappointment in our flight experience. We assure you that customer satisfaction is our priority and we want the service on the ground to reflect that principle. We believe that your case is best placed with our guest relations team, our customer service agent will be able to investigate this and contact you personally to discuss this. We want to thank you for your patronage and for bringing these concerns to our attention. We certainly do not wish to loose you as a valued customer. We are confident that a future experience will better reflect our commitment to customer satisfaction. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance. Sincerely.