Turkish Airlines

"worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | Napoli to Kuala Lumpur via Istanbul. The worst experience ever. Two hours flight delayed missing connection flight to Perth. Stuck in the airport for more than 30hr. I took with my partner on the 17 January 2018 at 19:00 a Turkish airline flight from Napoli to Perth with connection flight in Istanbul and Kuala Lumpur. The flight left the city of Napoli 30 min late. Once we landed in Istanbul me and my partner quickly went to check the connection flight time which was also affected by 30 min delay. Once onboard of the flight TK60 of 18 Jan 2018 at 2:25 the plane was not full of passenger yet. At 2:35 the captain announced that we had to wait 15 min for more passenger to arrive that then turned into 45 minutes. We end up leaving at 3:45 and due to this late departure we also had to wait for seven planes to take off before us. On board me and my partner have been asking several times to the staff for the connection flight from Kuala Lumpur but all the cabin crews including the manager seems to don’t know much about the situation and didn’t really care. On late arrival in KL at 18:30 we miss our connecting flight with Malindo airline and ground staff told us we were on next morning flight and that hotel and transports have been arranged. The next day we went back to the airport at 5:30am just to find out that we were not on the flight at 8:45 am and the staff of Malindo knew nothing of our situation. We have been stuck here in the airport ever since to wait for a Turkish airline representative.
RouteNapoli to Kuala Lumpur via Istanbul

28th January 2018 : Turkish Airlines response

Hi, we kindly ask you to accept our regret at the unpleasant situation you have experienced, and we apologize for not getting you to the final destination on your ticket on time. As is the case in every other industry, unexpected issues may occur in the aviation industry, too, and we would like to share with you the fact that some of these happen outside our control. We would like to state that we strive to eliminate such undesirable unpleasant situations. Your feedback is of guidance to us toward improving our services in this regard. Sending to us your views both positive and negative after every one of your flights would, without a doubt, lead us toward providing better service. So please leave your feedback by visiting the link: bit.ly/thy_form Respectfully yours.

"Avoid this airline"

Trip Verified | London to Thessaloniki via Istanbul. I would recommend to anyone who can avoid this airline to do so by all means. I cannot find words to describe their "customer service" and should anything go wrong during the trip you are left alone. Between booking and flying, TK changed the aircraft type and a flight time without informing me at all. I flew from LHR to IST and then my flight from IST to SKG was cancelled. It took me 2.5 hours at the transfer desk and stories I cannot even describe to get a ticket to return back to London as there was no other flight to my destination until the day after. I had a business class ticket, however when I went to the gate I was told they had overbooked the business class cabin and I would have to be downgraded to economy. Overall, I spent 34 hours without sleep only to return where I left from, without ever reaching my destination. And now several days later, I still haven't received a refund for my tickets. Avoid this airline and fly with one that knows how to treat customers.
AircraftA321 / Boeing 737-800
RouteLondon to Thessaloniki via Istanbul

28th January 2018 : Turkish Airlines response

Hi, we sadly read your post. We ask for you to accept our regret at the unpleasant situation you have experienced, and we apologize for not getting you to the final destination on your ticket on time. If you wish to send us you precious feedback via this link bit.ly/thy_form we will get back to you with detailed explanation With hopes that we can offer you flawless service on your subsequent travels, we are respectfully yours.

"Professional and very pleasant"

(Slovenia)

Trip Verified | Ljubljana to Ho Chi Minh City via Istanbul. Great flights. All on time, cabins new, bright and airy, seating quite comfortable. Asian vegetarian catering really very good. The best part of all flights was a cabin crew, especially on a long distant flights from Istanbul to Ho Chi Minh and back. Professional and very pleasant. When a cabin assistant sing a song to himself when working at a galley, than you know that everything is more than fine. Completely switched back to Turkish, which slowly upgraded economy product over last few years.
AircraftA320 / A330
RouteLjubljana to Ho Chi Minh City via Istanbul

17th January 2018 : Turkish Airlines response

Hi, we are really glad to read these valuable comments of yours. Also we would like to indicate that Turkish Airlines' aim is always improve our service and based on this, our staff is always put on notice to be good-humoured to our valuable passengers. With our kindest regards.

"Seats were comfortable and wide"

Trip Verified | Flew Istanbul to New York City with Turkish Airlines. Very tasty Turkish food, on time departure, polite crew members and last but not least, a great entertainment system with the lastest movies. I dont understand how this airline scores less than 8 on this website. Seats were comfortable and wide. I had a very pleasant flight with Turkish compared to other major airline companies and would recommend it to anyone.
AircraftBoeing777
RouteIstanbul to New York City

17th January 2018 : Turkish Airlines response

Hi, your words means the world to us. It's a proud to host such valuable passengers. Our aim is always to make you to feel comfortable like you're at home. We claim to serve you better on each of your new flight. With our kindest regards.

"never had anything to complain about"

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Marseille. I usually fly Turkish Airoines at least 4 times a year. I've never honestly had anything to complain about. Their airport is good their staff are active and their planes are comfortable and safe. It's an airline that I trust and provides all the quality I can ask for.
RouteIstanbul to Marseille

17th January 2018 : Turkish Airlines response

Dear Ahmed, your valuable feedback regarding our staff is really important for us to improve our service and we are happy to read these comments which mean that we are going in the right direction. We always try hard to develop our quality and such beautiful words makes us really happy. Thank you for choosing Turkish Airlines on your flights. With our warmest regards.

"seating in business is not good"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Turkish Airlines are good but not a 5 star airline yet. Food was ok, better on short haul than long haul. Seating was good. Candlelight dinner was a clever idea, but wine choice was very poor, 2-3-2 seating in business is not good, especially the middle seat. Amenities pack was poor, Bentley and Furla. The downsides to me were the zoning of seats it was a free for all. Some staff were rude MIA to IST, asking if my wife was in the right seat? Stop economy passengers walking into business to use the restrooms, this was common to all flights. The in flight entertainment did not work in row 5, it was a full flight, so to be without for 12 hours was a nightmare, staff just shrugged shoulders. Case arrived broken in Munich - Delsey Hard Case, that was wrapped so did not see until unpacking. So would I use again, well 70% as price was keen.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 / A321
RouteMiami to Munich via Istanbul

17th January 2018 : Turkish Airlines response

Hi, firstly, thank you for delivering your opinions. As giving our passengers who choose us on their travels the service they deserve and delivering this excellently are among our priority targets, we again have experienced how important your feedback is. As Turkish Airlines, we aim to provide flawless service to all of our passengers equally but sadly, we were unable to do so for you during your journey. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you have met and the dissatisfaction. We hope to host you again sowe can make you 100% satisfied. Best regards.

"everything was good"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | İstanbul to Antalya. Check-in and boarding smooth. Plane was clean and seats were comfortable. Staff was polite enough. About 20 minutes after the take off, they served a sandwich and a cup of drink that you chose from given options. Though I think food should sold with a separate option instead of being included to every ticket, it was delicious so no complaints there. Overall everything was good. I had bad experiences with Turkish Airlines but this time I am satisfied.
Routeİstanbul to Antalya

9th January 2018 : Turkish Airlines response

Dear Özgün, we are really glad to read these valuable comments of yours. Also we would like to indicate that Turkish Airlines' aim is always improve our service and based on this, your feedback has been forwarded to our team. With our kindest regards.

"service of the crew was excellent"

Trip Verified | My family and I flew from Washington via Islamabad and return from Karachi - Istanbul - Washington in December on Turkish Airlines and couldn't have been more pleased. The flights were on time, inflight catering was excellent, the leg space in economy has slightly improved, the English proficiency of the crew has greatly improved, and the inflight entertainment has vastly improved and is easy to use. The service of the crew was excellent. My mother in law who was traveling with us can only consume liquids and requested if she could could get some milk to drink. Instead the crew brought her soup from business class and then came back a little bit later with some more. Truly above and beyond service on their part. The only thing though is the USB ports did not fully work in all of the seats which was annoying, and I wish they did not do away with the delicious Turkish food which used to be served. But all in all Turkish Airlines is worth every penny, and I do not regret choosing them back in 2007 as my international airline of choice.
RouteWashington to Islamabad via Istanbul

9th January 2018 : Turkish Airlines response

First of all, thank you for sparing your precious time and sharing your feedback with us. Turkish Airlines, which has achieved its current level of success thanks to your support, aims to give you always the best service. Your valuable opinions constitute a great source of power for our efforts intended to achieve this goal. We have shared your opinions on our service quality with our relevant department. Wishing to have the privilege of accompanying you during your travels for many more years to come, please accept our regards.

"extremely disappointed"

Trip Verified | Munich to Tehran via Istanbul SAW. I had a suitcase and a carry on. As the carry on exceeded the 8 kilos permitted cabin weight, I paid the extra fee and checked in the carry on as well. However, when landed in Tehran, I realized that the carry on's tagging number was not even issued at the boarding desk and my carry on was lost. I filled in the application form at lost and found office in Tehran and have called the Turkish airlines at Munich airport several times so far, but after 10 days still haven't received any answer. As I do not even have a baggage tag number for my carry on, I cannot even claim for compensation. What I am wondering is, even if the check-in clerk forgets to hand over the baggage tag, why can't they try to check what was the number of the checked in carry-on as all the information are recorded and kept in the system. I am extremely disappointed as this has kind of ruined my holiday.
RouteMunich to Tehran via Istanbul

1st January 2018 : Turkish Airlines response

Dear Aman, thank you for taking the time to communicate to us why our service did not meet your expectations. We have every desire to address your needs and provide the best solution available to resolve your issue as soon as possible. We will further evaluate how we can prevent this problem from occurring again in the future. Kindly ask you to fill the form in the following link: bit.ly/thy_form. Please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble or inconvenience we have caused you. Again we highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us becoming better at what we do. It's our goal to return you as a satisfied customer and we will hope to serve you again in the future. Thank you.

"he was rude and snappy

Trip Verified | Boston to Istanbul. Worst service I have experienced. Not only did I have to keep asking for utensils and missing food items on my tray but when I asked for a drink he gave e me a tiny cup and poured it half way with a coca-cola beverage. When I asked for more he muttered under his breath. The rest of the flight he was rude and snappy. I completely understand having long days, but this was no way to treat paying customers. I was not given a seat for free, I paid for it.
RouteBoston to Istanbul

1st January 2018 : Turkish Airlines response

Hi, we would like to indicate that the matter you have expressed has been cause for great regret for us. As giving our passengers who choose us on their travels the service they deserve and delivering this excellently are among our priority targets, we again have experienced how important your feedback is. All staff members who serve in Turkish Airlines are reminded repeatedly through training programs that they must carry out their duties in accordance with rules and also must keep in consideration the satisfaction of our valued passengers. As we facilitate our guests' travels, we also wish to welcome you as hosts with great quality of service and cheerful personnel. So you are welcome to send us your valuable review via this link: bit.ly/thy_form we will get back to you with detailed information. With hopes that we can offer you flawless service on your subsequent travels, we are respectfully yours.