Turkish Airlines

"no announcement about connection "

(Greece)

Verified Review | Athens to Budapest via Istanbul. There was a delay of 1 hour from Athens airport for the departure of the flight to Istanbul. As a result we reached the airport 20 min before the connection flight takes off for Budapest. There was no announcement about the connection flight, nor arrangement for transferring us to the gate/airplane. We reached the gate 10 min before the flight, but the gate was closed. We were informed by the employee there, to get to another gate which was wrong walking again for a long distance and then finally got at the transfer desk, where after a long waiting que we were informed for our overnight stay in a hotel in Istanbul so as to get the flight of 7.00 am to Budapest. We were informed that our luggage had been out of the plane. Then we had to leave the hotel 3 hours before, which means at 4.00 am.
RouteAthens to Budapest via Istanbul

11th September 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Dear Xanthi, first and foremost, we kindly ask you to accept our regret at the unpleasant situation you have experienced, and we apologize for not getting you to the final destination on your ticket on time. As is the case in every other industry, unexpected issues may occur in the aviation industry, too, and we would like to share with you the fact that some of these happen outside our control. We would like to state that we strive to eliminate such undesirable unpleasant situations. Your feedback is of guidance to us toward improving our services in this regard. Sending to us your views both positive and negative after every one of your flights would, without a doubt, lead us toward providing better service. So please leave your feedbacks by visiting the link: bit.ly/thy_form Respectfully yours.

"agent unexperienced and arrogant"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Brussels to Istanbul. Business class has the typical recliners that are better than most airlines in narrow body aircraft. My check in experience in Brussels was horrible. The business class check in agent was unexperienced and arrogant. It literal took 20min to get my bags on the plane and then she started nagging about my handluggage hereby strictly enforcing an 8kg business class rule. I went to see the station manager, had to repack stuff whereafter she once sgain said it was too much. Another trip to station manager and with some dont do it again words he let me go. I had to run to get on my plane. One thing is for sure I wont do it again and will choose another airline. I recommend the airline not to use such personalities for customer service.
RouteBrussels to Istanbul
Date FlownSeptember 2017

11th September 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Dear Raphael, we would like to indicate that the matter you have expressed has been cause for great regret for us. All staff members who serve in Turkish Airlines are reminded repeatedly through training programs that they must carry out their duties in accordance with rules and also must keep in consideration the satisfaction of our valued passengers. Despite this, the cabin and airport personnel who served during and after your journeys has been warned within their divisions due to not providing professional service with a smile and not using appropriate body language so as not to cause dissatisfaction to another of our passengers. We apologize once again for the inconvenience, and with hopes that we can offer you flawless service on your subsequent travels, we are respectfully yours. So for further investigation of your unsatisfied experience, kindly ask you to leave your feedback on our feedback form bit.ly/thy_form We will surely get back to you with a detailed explanation.

"need to improve the service"

(Argentina)

Verified Review | Buenos Aires to Barcelona via Istanbul. Seats are ok, but not the best. The good thing is that they are fully flat, the bad thing is that they do not all offer direct aisle access (and that there are 3 seats together in the middle row in business class). That said, I also have to say that the Buenos Aires - Istanbul flight is very long because of the stop in Sao Paulo, but flying business class in TK makes it seem shorter, the IFE is quite good and the food is great. I take this flight twice a year and even though the food service deteriorated a bit lately, it is still very good compared to other airlines (unfortunately on my last flights there was no more amuse bouche, no more many options of starters to pick from the trolley and no more final trolley with coffee and petit fours-the latter was now consolidated with the dessert trolley, also the champagne on board was downgraded from Taittinger to Mumm). As I said the meals service is still good but it could be a lot better if flight attendants would be more proactive at offering drinks and refills. They just do not do it, you need to call them every time you need a refill (it does not happen in many other airlines) and when you do they take forever and it is obvious are not willing to do it. Overall, I would recommend TK business class because the food is very good and the seats are confortable, but they need to improve the service on board. If they did, they would be quite perfect.
RouteBuenos Aires to Barcelona via Istanbul

4th September 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Hi Ezequiel, thank you for your feedback. It is so much appreciated. We are glad that you enjoyed out Bussiness Class service also we would like to indicate that Turkish Airlines' aim is always to improve our service. With our kindest regards.

"seat reservations not honoured"

Verified Review | Dammam to London via Istanbul. Paid for seat reservations on both flights and they were not honoured. When I asked the flight team I was told there was nothing that could be done. When I then complained to the airline I was basically told that changes to aircrafts are made and they don't feel the need to inform you of those changes or refund the price that you have paid for the seat reservations. Deeply unhappy. I will not be using them again.
RouteDammam to London via Istanbul

4th September 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Hi, we wish to thank you for delivering your opinions and give us a chance to efface the unfavorable Turkish Airlines experience of yours. As giving our passengers who choose us on their travels the service they deserve and delivering this excellently are among our priority targets, we again have experienced how important your feedback is. As Turkish Airlines, we aim to provide flawless service to all of our passengers equally but sadly, we were unable to do so for you during your journey from Dammam to London. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you have met and the dissatisfaction. Once again, we would like to share our sincere apologies for the stress and undesirable situations you have experienced. If you wish to send us your precious feedbacks via bit.ly/TA-FormEN we will for sure evaluate and get back to you. Best regards.

"food, entertainment, seats were great"

Verified Review | My first business class trip with Turkish Airlines. I had a free upgrade because of a cancelled flight (weather conditions). Boarding was chaotic, no different line for business class passengers but it's because of the limited capacity of Ataturk airport. Onboard, food, entertainment, seats were great.
RouteIstanbul to Amsterdam

4th September 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Hi, we are really glad to read these valuable comments of yours. Also, we would like to indicate that Turkish Airlines' aim is always to improve the service and based on this, your feedback will be studied by the proper unit. With our kindest regards.

"the crew that could be little bit better"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | For my vacation to Turkey I decided to fly with Turkish Airlines instead of a charter airline like SmartWings. We boarded an A321-200 in Prague, seats were really nice with really good pitch and each seat has personal IFE which is geat for a 2 hours flight. The headphones were not very good, but thats ok. Problem was that for half of the flight the IFE wasn't working, but when it did it had plenty of movies, games, music etc. We received a warm sandwich and dessert on this flight which were tasty along with a good seletion of drinks, only problem was that only 1 drinks round was made. Second flight was on a Boeing 737-800 which was a bit older and only had screens above our heads, but it was a 55 minute flight (on the way back this flight was operated by A321-200 with IFE) and even on this short flight we received drinks and food (same sandwich just no dessert). Overall these were really nice flights and I would fly with Turkish again. The A321 was really nice and IFE for 2 hours flight is great, it is just the crew that could be little bit better.
AircraftA321-200 and Boeing 737-800
RoutePrague to Antalya via Istanbul

4th September 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Dear Pavel, we cheerily read your nice comments about our in-flight service, which is really appreciated. On our flights, we always would like to provide a wide selectional in flight entertainment inasmuch as the convenience of our passengers as we would like you to be sure that your feedback will be shared with the proper unit to work on it. As Turkish Airlines, it makes us very happy to see that our passengers are enjoying their flights! Many happy flights with Turkish Airlines. Respectfully yours.

"lock of our suitcase was damaged"

Verified Review | Johannesburg to Brussels via Istanbul. Our first holiday that we flew with Turkish Airlines and probably our last. However we are satisfied about the staff on board, it's the lack of customer care that makes the final result of this review. As we arrived home we found out that one of the locks of our suitcases was damaged in a way that this lock could not be used any more. No message of Customs was left. An inquiry at Samsonite showed that this part can not be repaired. So we are forced to buy a new suitcase because of this damage. Turkish Airlines is responsible to take care of our bagage and if some problem occurs, they should offer a solution. Challenge 1 is to find out how to claim damaged baggage. Found on the internet and made a claim the next day. Challenge 2 is to convince Turkish Airlines (Customer Care) about the real cause of the damage, since they decline a claim immediately. Challenge 3 is to convince them about the fact that the suitcase is not repairable. If it would be, we should send it to a national Samsonite repair center (costs!). But they confirmed that the lock is no longer available (only during the warranty time of 5 years). A copy of these emails were sent to TA, but the refuse to accept it and think about another solution. Challenge 4 is to convince TA that for me the only solution is that I have to buy a new suitcase, which I did, and to get a refund as compensation. I bought a new Samsonite, sent my invoice to them and asked them to solve this matter, but again they answered that only repairs will be paid. When you pay over 2500 Euros for your tickets, you have the right to expect customer service as it should be. Let's end positive about the airplane and staff. The airplane is new well cleaned and you there is a lot of entertainment to choose on your personal screen. Staf is really friendly and drinks and meals are alright. We just did not understand why on a night flight it took so long to get your meal after the take off. It would be nice to get it earlier and then get some more time to sleep.
AircraftA330-300
RouteJohannesburg to Brussels via Istanbul

4th September 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Hi, we would like to indicate that the matter you have expressed has been causing for great regret for us. The efforts of Turkish Airlines are directed towards providing our esteemed passengers with a superior level of service under present conditions. We consider our passengers' constructive criticism as the most valuable help to ameliorate our service. In consequence of this check, we regrettably found out that you were not given the service of the quality we target to give you at each level. We strive to ensure that each one of our workmates becomes a perfect brand representative with a professional service understanding. Notwithstanding, we apologize for failing to meet your rightful expectations and causing you dissatisfaction. In line with this, please be informed that your criticism has been conveyed to section concerned in order to achieve a more customer caring attitude. We apologise once again for the inconvenience, and with hopes that we can offer you flawless service on your subsequent travels. With our kindest regards.

"had a terrible flight"

Verified Review | I purchased "Seat with extra leg space" (Emergency Exit Seat) from Turkish Airlines by paying extra USD 59, for Abu Dhabi to Istanbul flight. Emergency Seat No. 8F was assigned by Turkish Airlines and a confirmation email was received. However when I logged in to Turkish Airlines website one night before the flight in order to check in, I noticed that my seat was changed as 7F showing the same location as the previously assigned 8F on the plane layout. I thought this change has happened due to a change in the aircraft type. Then when I approached to the Turkish Airlines counter at Abu Dhabi Airport to receive my boarding pass and drop my baggage, they also printed my boarding pass with the seat No 7F. However when I entered the aircraft I noticed that there was no such seat with No. 7F, it was the seat of the hostess! I noticed that all the exit seats were given to the friends of Turkish Airlines ground crew. I was kept standing at the gate of the aircraft until all the passengers boarded. Then the Turkish Airlines ground crew claimed that they could not see my purchased seat in the system. And they forced me to sit on the only remaining worst seat (No 20F) in the plane; which was too narrow and not reclining. As a result I paid extra money for the best seat but travelled on the worst seat. Ground crew and cabin crew simply ignored my complaint despite my several reminders to prepare a report. I called Turkish Airlines call center and also reported the same via email to Turkish Airlines as soon as I landed, but all ignored and no one replied back. I paid $ 59, had a terrible flight, no excuses from Turkish Airline and no refund.
RouteAbu Dhabi to Istanbul

4th September 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Dear Mr.Bulent, thank you for taking the time to communicate to us why our service did not meet your expectation. We have every desire to address your needs and provide the best solution available to resolve your issue as soon as possible. We will be in contact with you in the coming days to make our best attempt in regaining your confidence in our company. In addition, we will further evaluate how we can prevent this problem from occurring again in the future. Please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble or inconvenience we have caused you. Again we highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us becoming better at what we do. It's our goal to return you as a satisfied customer and we will hope to serve you again in the future. Thank you.

"the experience is always top notch"

Verified Review | Flew New York JFK to Paris CDG via Istanbul. Long Transatlantic flights can be tough but with Turkish Airlines the experience is always top notch. Both flights were on time. Meal service was exceptional (for today's airline standards) plus the amenity kit in economy class with socks, slippers, toothpaste and lip balm in it is a nice touch. Wide variety of inflight entertainment from all over the world. Cabin crew were caring, courteous, smiling and always professional. Keep it up, Turkish Airlines!
RouteNew York JFK to Paris CDG via Istanbul
Date FlownJune 2017

4th September 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Hats off for the amazing comment! You really made our day. We couldn't be happier you received a good service on your flight. Turkish Airlines, which has achieved its current level of success thanks to your support, aims to give you always the best service. Your valuable opinions constitute a great source of power for our efforts intended to achieve this goal. We are very happy to hear that you are satisfied with our services and colleague who has displayed our service understanding to you in the best way. Wishing to accompany you during your travels for many more years to come, please accept our regards.

"We love Turkish Airlines"

Verified Review | Manchester to Ercan via Istanbul. We are flying again in September and for various reasons wanted to change dates. The customer service operator was exceedingly sympathetic and helpful and while I was on the phone he exceeded my expectations and did more than I could have asked. I now have exactly what I wanted at no extra cost. We love Turkish Airlines and always use them if we can.
RouteManchester to Ercan via Istanbul
Date FlownApril 2017

21st August 2017 : Turkish Airlines response

Thank you for sparing your precious time and sharing your feedback with us. Turkish Airlines, which has achieved its current level of success thanks to your support, aims to give you always the best service. Your valuable opinions constitute a great source of power for our efforts intended to achieve this goal. We have shared your opinions on our service quality with our relevant department. Wishing to have the privilege of accompanying you during your travels for many more years to come, please accept our regards.