Turkish Airlines

"cabin was too hot"

Not Verified | Bangkok to Istanbul. Great service but the cabin temperature was too hot. Airlines must realise optimum temp to sleep is 18.5C according to research, but flight TK65 had temp of at least 22C which made it difficult to sleep despite flat bed. Please improve this.
RouteBangkok to Istanbul

"comfortable and enjoyable"

Trip Verified | Zürich to Denizli via Istanbul. Very comfortable and enjoyable flight. Cabin Crew was very friendly and they could speak fluent English. For the dinner you can choose between two hot meals. I have chosen the turkish style meat meal. It was delicious! The beverages-selection is huge. Boarding was good organized by the Cabin Crew Member. Last but not least, the aircraft was very clean an the inflight Entertainment was magnificent. I will fly always with Turkish Airlines.
AircraftA321-232
RouteZürich to Denizli via Istanbul

"the service was poor"

Not Verified | Berlin to Singapore via Istanbul. My luggage was lost. Once it was found, they transported it to Japan, even so I needed it to be delivered to Australia. later, the third time, it was by mistake sent to Germany. It took almost 2 weeks until I had my luggage. No compensation, hard to get any information and sometimes rude staff. The airplane within Europe was old and the service was poor. The food was good.
RouteBerlin to Singapore via Istanbul
Date FlownMarch 2018

"option with affordable fare"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Amsterdam via Istanbul. Delay on departure has been an unavoidable case for many airlines nowadays. Istanbul ground / boarding service was rather flat. There were no separate boarding between Economy and Business class, weird. Boarding to an A330-300 using bus feeder is one more thing that you have to bear at Ataturk airport. I have no idea how to board when the winter comes. But Turkish Airlines still an option to fly in BC with affordable fare.
AircraftA330-300
RouteBangkok to Amsterdam via Istanbul

"I am very disappointed"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Istanbul. On August 30th i had a problem with checking in on my flight to Istanbul. They told me my ticket was invalid because I accidentally used my initials instead of my full first name while booking my tickets. All the other information was correct, but they still made me buy a new ticket. The employee behind the service desk told me that i could get a refund if I contacted the head office. I have called and emailed them but they will not reply. To make matters worse, as a reply to my feedback form (that they suggested i fill in and send) they just said “case resolved” without talking to me. I have spend an extra 500 euros and the least I expect from Turkish Airlines is a reply to my question/complaint. They don't seem to care about their customers at all and I am very disappointed.
RouteAmsterdam to Istanbul
Date FlownAugust 2018

"company which disrespects you"

(Pakistan)

Trip Verified | Lahore to Istanbul. The man who checked me in at Lahore Airport was very rude and aggressive. He offered me an option to upgrade to first class for $250 and when I said no he started asking personal questions about how much money I was carrying and how many american dollars exactly. Then he wanted me to verify my residence in Istanbul and other details which he had no business asking. It was as if he was punishing me for not upgrading for an additional $250. He was not a customs officer nor a representative of the Turkish embassy whom i had provided financial details and following which they had granted me my visa. When i showed him my hotel booking he asked me to leave the counter. The entire experience was unlike anything i have encountered before and what shocked me even further was that upon submitting a complaint to Turkish Airlines, I received a standard PR generated response which was frankly laughable. Its all a shame because the in flight staff was nice and did their job well. Stick to Emirates or Qatar people. The harassment here is absolutely unacceptable and no company which disrespects you is worth your money.
RouteLahore to Istanbul

"unfriendly customer service"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Dubrovnik to Kuala Lumpur via Istanbul. I have flown with different airlines and have gone to many airports. But, Turkish wins hands down in terms of bad experience. I dare say even budget airlines are better. Turkish Airlines delayed the first flight from Dubrovnik to Istanbul by an hour which means there’s a high possibility of missing my connecting flight. When I arrived in Istanbul, earlier flights are listed on the board showing which gate to go to. Since it isn’t there, I asked an airport crew where should I go. He rudely told me “check on the board.” If the plane has flown, it’s basic courtesy to inform me instead of telling me which gate to go to. After running all the way, I saw an empty gate. I went to a Turkish Airlines counter only to be sent from one counter to another. I was sent to other 4 counters in total. How you handle this situation is horrendous. I’ve never come across such rude, unapproachable and unfriendly customer service throughout my entire life. This is uncalled for and very disappointing.
RouteDubrovnik to Kuala Lumpur via Istanbul

"truly nightmare experience"

Trip Verified | Heathrow to Tashkent via Istanbul. Travel chaos as Turkish Airlines customer service nosedives at Istanbul airport. There was certainly no Turkish Delight on Turkish Airlines yesterday when passengers originating from London on the TK 1986 were left stranded in Istanbul because Turkish Airlines decided to off-load them because an overbooking problem on the onward flight. It’s the first time ever in my 30 year career in the travel industry that I’ve ever been exposed to such unprofesssional service. Most airlines protect international passengers on feeder flights. Even though the flight arrived late, there was still a 30 minute transfer window and we all arrrived at the departure gate before boarding commenced, only to be told that we were all off-loaded. Disgrace, unprofessional service resulting in a 3 hour wait to get accommodated at 3 am in the morning. I’m amazed at how Turkish Airlines pretends to be a global player promoting Istanbul as a global travel hub, when it can’t even deal with the basics. A truly nighmare experience. Looking forward to seeing how they resolve my ongoing problems! Travellers beware when booking international connections with Turkish Airlines - the cheaper fares could truly deliver a cheap and nasty experience you’ll remember for a long time!
RouteHeathrow to Tashkent via Istanbul

"Terrible customer service"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Malaga to Mumbai via Istanbul. Terrible customer service. My surnames were interchanged in the reservation (first in the place of the second and viceversa). They didn’t allow me to change it even though I presented all the documents (ID, passport, reservation) to prove that I was the holder of the ticket. I couldn’t rectify the data neither online, nor at the Turkish desk, nor on the phone and not even paying a change fee. The only solution they offered was to buy a full new ticket. I am a member of their miles and smiles program. As you can imagine I was not smiling.
RouteMalaga to Mumbai via Istanbul

"quite good experience"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Billund to Bangkok via Istanbul. Beside the very short connection in Istanbul that caused me had to run for the next flight, it was a quite good experience. It started with a friendly checkin staff that moved us to the emergency exit row so I had plenty of legroom for my 190cm. Service onboard was good with nice meal for a 3h flight, and crew was a very friendly. The only issue was that they was that they didn't provide gate info for the next flight from Istanbul and our 55 minutes layover was only 40min because of delay on first flight, so we had to run for the most remote gate. Flight from Istanbul to Bangkok was older B777 with 3-3-3 config, with legroom thais equal to Emirates B777 but wider seats. IFE not at the same level as Emirates and old screen. Friendly crew and nice meal. Seat selection is free on Turkish website under manage booking, thats a plus compared to that it has become expensive on Emirates on the 3 cheapest booking classes by Emirates.
AircraftB738 / B777