Continental Airlines Passenger Reviews and Continental Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Continental Airlines customer review :  18 October 2011 by Robert Ashlin    (UK)

Trip Rating : 5/10

Newark to London Heathrow. Overhead lockers jammed packed full with oversize luggage which none of the ground or flight attendants seemed to pay any attention to, albeit that their was a luggage guide frame at the boarding desk. This in turn led to chaotic passenger boarding! Surely there is a limit to the size and amount of cabin stored luggage? Footway aisles in the rows were grossly overloaded with excess baggage. Surely a safety issue let alone an inconvenience to passengers who are prepared to have luggage put in the hold.

Continental Airlines customer review :  10 October 2011 by E Maloutas    (USA)

Trip Rating : 7/10

NY to Cleveland for business. The experience was good and I felt comfortable - I bought extra leg room for a small amount of money. I wouldn't say that it's necessarily worth it for the short flights, but I can see how it can make a difference in longer flights. I also found out that I can add the miles to my miles & more account.

Continental Airlines customer review :  10 October 2011 by J Lemon    (USA)

Domestic First

LFT-IAH-EWR-PWM. CO Express ERJ 145 regional LFT-IAH with nice onboard service. We used the Presidents Club at IAH and wonderful service at the bar. B767-400ER IAH-EWR were told champagne was no longer available on domestic first class flights. Excellent cabin service with a nice lunch. BusinessFirst sleeper seats were comfortable on this relatively short domestic leg. Used the Presidents Club at EWR and it was fine. CO Connection Dash 8-Q400 EWR to PWM, although this was a new aircraft, there is no escaping the fact that a turboprop is slower with a much noisier cabin than a regional jet. On board service was lackluster. Bags, although priority tagged, took a long time to arrive at the baggage claim.

Continental Airlines customer review :  5 October 2011 by Gayle Kelly (UK)

Trip Rating : 8/10

Birmingham to Newark and onto Cincinnati return. I felt I got good value. Flights were on time, slightly delayed but only due to air traffic control. I paid for the extra leg room seats as I am tall. The inflight entertainment was good, own screen, with a library of films and programs/music to choose from. Flight attendants from BHX to EWR were nice and the only 'not so nice' one was on my return from Cincinnati, but it hardly ruined my experience. Only issue was the food - I ordered an Asian Vegetarian meal, and got curry (both ways) fine, but not at 11 am. And as my 'snack' I got a carrot roll. Awful. Eat before you go.

Continental Airlines customer review :  4 October 2011 by G Kohen (USA)

Trip Rating : 7/10

LAX-IAH-BOG outbound in First/Business, PTY-IAH-LAX return in Economy. Redeye to Bogota. LAX-IAH flight was cancelled, was proactively booked on an earlier flight to make my connection to Bogota and was grateful for the forward thinking. Food limited in the Presidents Club - just cheese and crackers, but good wine and they kept the shower open for me for my midnight departure. IAH-BOG flight attendants extremely rude. Seemed hurried and unable to cope. Food ok and the 737 Y seats had limited recline. Return flight, PTY-IAH, comfortable in coach. IAH-LAX, you could tell that it was an EWR crew as they were ruder and less polished. Uncomfortable flight but all in all a good experience.

Continental Airlines customer review :  4 October 2011 by J Campos (USA)

Trip Rating : 8/10

MIA-EWR 737-700 (Business) upgrade. CO terminal at MIA outdated compared to AA's. Ground personnel were sufficiently attentive to direct you to where you needed to go. Aircraft needed some cleaning and sitting at the bulkhead was painful given the limited legroom. Business Class breakfast and frequent refreshments were welcomed. Glad to fly them again next week to Mexico on their 777-200 between Newark and Houston.

Continental Airlines customer review :  1 October 2011 by M Stoneham (USA)

Trip Rating : 2/10

I was returning from Frankfurt. The flight was late arriving and I missed my connection to Los Angles. At this point I did not know what to do, I went to the Continental desk and explained my dilemma. The counter attendant and her supervisor treated me with disdain and I was embarrassed by their behaviour. Needless to say I was given a hotel room and left the next day. I will be very hesitant to fly Continental again.

Continental Airlines customer review :  26 September 2011 by D Li (Canada)

Trip Rating : 2/10

We chose Continental for our flight to Hong Kong because it was cheap. Arrived at the airport 2.5 hrs early, we were told our chosen flight was late and we would miss our connecting flight if we were to take it. We ended up sprinting across the airport to make a different flight and barely made it. An hour into our connecting flight after our layover we were told there were technical problems so they had to turn back the plane. On arrival back to the US we sat onboard for 5-6 hrs. They only explained to us how long it would take and we were only given a bag of peanuts and a drink. I begged an attendant for an extra bag of peanuts and eventually she gave it to me.

Continental Airlines customer review :  26 September 2011 by M Pignataro (USA)

Trip Rating : 2/10

Newark to Seattle. The plane was full, however, I could not believe how little room the seat provided in Economy Class. I am 5 ft 10, 190 lbs, and I felt extremely uncomfortable. On my return flight I took United, which operated an Airbus rather than the 737. I also opted to spend $69 for more leg room, but I did feel the width of the seat was wider than the Continental flight. I understand the two airlines are merging, and I hope United does not 'shrink' the seats as a result. The whole experience, from paying for the one piece of luggage I had, to paying for a meal if I desired, makes me long for the 'good old days'.

Continental Airlines customer review :  25 September 2011 by A Pathak (USA)

Trip Rating : 9/10

IAH-BWI. B737-900. Inflight entertainment was good. They have Direct TV installed and stream live programs. Its costly though. Food and drinks were pretty much standard. Flight took off and landed on time.

Continental Airlines customer review :  19 September 2011 by J Zaleski (USA)

Trip Rating : 6/10

Pittsburgh to Chicago. Overall the flight was nice, the aircraft clean and the staff friendly. I really like the Direct TV added to the seats, however the price was ridiculous to say the least. $5.99 for flights 2 hrs or less and $7.99 for longer flights. IMHO regular commercial TV should be free and $5.99/$7.99 should be for premium commercial free content like movies, HBO, Showtime, and Sports. I didn't see anyone using it past the free preview on the entire flight, once the blue pop-up came up I opened my laptop and watched a DVD. Another thing that gets me is the Boarding. There is no advantage to preferred boarding anymore, everyone is some kind of club member, airline branded credit card holder or something special that gets to board early. If you are flying with infants, the overheads are filled before you get on the aircraft and it is a pain to have herd your family over a bunch of pre- boarders giving you dirty looks as you try to carry a baby and 4 bags and manage a child as you inch down the plane. I thought that I had preferred boarding on my last flight and two groups in addition to the military, disabled and first-class boarding before me.

Continental Airlines customer review :  16 September 2011 by J Duncan (UK)

Trip Rating : 9/10

Edinburgh to Newark return to Edinburgh. Both flights left early and arrived an hour before scheduled landing. Legroom room better than any charter flight and no worse than a budget airline, which Continental is. Food was what it is, you can't expect 5 star cuisine. Cabin crew friendly and worked hard. I read so many negative reviews I was dreading the flight but it was great. I'm just glad I can fly direct from Edinburgh to New York and don't have to go to London to change and 7 hr flight time isn't that long. I feel I got what I paid for.

Continental Airlines customer review :  15 September 2011 by G Huck (USA)

Trip Rating : 2/10

I am a frequent flyer with Elite status. I loved Continental service in the past but since the merger with United, the flying experience has become, at times, miserable. United has pretty awful customer service. They do not communicate at the gate, leaving passengers wondering what is going on when things are running late, which is often. Then, when they load the plane, it is absolute chaos. Twice in the last month, I've been on a flight to Chicago and no announcement at all was made to board. They simply opened the door and people started pushing toward it. I prefer not to pay over $500 per ticket to be treated this way. Lack of communication. I recently flew US Air and was pleasantly surprised.

Continental Airlines customer review :  13 September 2011 by S Luxon (UK)

Trip Rating : 4/10

Edinburgh to Newark. Newark to Orlando. The only good things about this flight was the legroom and punctuality of all flight sectors even with storms in New York we were not delayed. Food was awful and not enough for a long haul flight with only a croissant for breakfast. Your own TV did not have a great choice of movies. I would class Continental as a budget airline and not a great one at that. Improve food and movie choice and they would be better. Do not choose row 14 in their 757s or 737s seats don't recline.

Continental Airlines customer review :  13 September 2011 by A Mihalicz (Canada)

Trip Rating : 0/10

Newark-Dublin, tickets booked 7 months ahead, only to be assigned the last 2 seats in the last row of the plane - row 40 E/F. Having to sit with a queue of passengers waiting for the toilet, standing in our faces for over 4 hrs of a 6 hr flight. This was intrusive, uncomfortable and most upsetting for us. Furthermore, we were unable to recline our seats for a bit of comfort, seeing that our seats were right up against the bulkhead, furthermore, a tall passenger sitting in front of my husband's seat had reclined her seat, to the maximum, with her long legs sticking up over the seat in front. We felt trapped and I was unable to get out of my seat to use the toilet, or stretch my back, during the whole 6 hr flight. Obviously, if we could afford to fly Business class, we would, but seeing that we can't, all it would have taken was a little kindly observant thoughtfulness and consideration.

Continental Airlines customer review :  12 September 2011 by S Hill (UK)

Trip Rating : 2/10

Newark to Heathrow. The flight was scheduled for 9.10 pm but was delayed. We finally took off at 10 pm. Very small, cramped plane, the staff whilst not rude were tired looking and not helpful. I will not fly Continental again. The planes are small, little leg room, and the staff not as professional as those with other carriers.

Continental Airlines customer review :  11 September 2011 by H McKean-Dow (UK)

Trip Rating : 1/10

Sadly I was caught up in Hurricane Irene, I was stuck in the US for an extra 6 days, with no clear sign of when I would get home as CA phone lines were jammed and when I did get in the on-hold queue, I was disconnected after 2 hrs. This happened 5/6 times. I held for a total of 22.5 hours before speaking to someone 4 days after my original flight home had been cancelled. The flight home via Newark was on a small, almost domestic sized planes, which allowed no real room for comfort or sleep. Other passengers, taller than myself didn't cope quite as well. Overall, not a good experience for me due to poor CA updates and the lack of being able to talk to someone. However, I will say that the CA advisor I did eventually speak with, was apologetic, sympathetic and a good ambassador for CA.

Continental Airlines customer review :  2 September 2011 by M Coombs (Canada)

Trip Rating : 0/10

Arrived at the airport 3 hrs ahead of time only to be faced with long line up because several agents were dealing with people who came to the airport late. 40 mins prior to our flight we were pulled out of line requesting that we immediately check-in. We did this only to be told that no seats were assigned so onboard we asked the attendant if our family could be seated together. The attendants response was that we catch the next flight out. Her tone of voice and response was out of line and rude.

Continental Airlines customer review :  31 August 2011 by D Sharma (UK)

Trip Rating : 0/10

Birmingham-Cancun via Newark. Seat space tight and I am only 5'3". Food was poor, I had the vegetarian option which wasn't so appealing. Inflight entertainment ok on Birmingham-Newark leg, however headphones had to be purchased for Newark to Cancun leg of the journey. On the return trip, flight was cancelled due to snow, this in itself wasn't the issue but the attitude of the staff made this minor issue an awful experience. I was diverted via Houston with a short connection time, this flight was delayed resulting in me missing my connection. Inflight cabin crew had no idea about flight schedules and didn't help us to disembark the plane first. Spent the night at Houston to get the flight the next day, rude and dismissive staff, no attempt to help or even be polite to people in a difficult position.

Continental Airlines customer review :  30 August 2011 by N Lewis (Trinidad and Tobago)

Trip Rating : 0/10

Staff were rude and impatient and passengers seemed to be a bother to them. The seats hardly reclined and my 5 hr trip became quite uncomfortable. While the price was right, I would pay a little more for a quality flight.

Continental Airlines customer review :  28 August 2011 by S Gadewar (USA)

Trip Rating : 0/10

I had booked my parents tickets PA to Mumbai via Newark. On arrival at the airport we were taken to one side, and told our flight to Newark had been cancelled. In a rude manner we were told we had 2 options, to take the train to Newark and fly from there or change the journey date. My parents age are over 65 years old, plus my mother needs a wheelchair and cant walk, the train was impossible with bags and check-in at Newark. Our tickets were changed however they failed to notify us. Finally after much trouble my parents boarded a flight to Mumbai from Newark.