Frontier Airlines

"comfortably, safely and inexpensively"

Verified Review | Atlanta to Phoenix. Frontier is not luxury and does mean exactly what it says, no frills. However, it got me from Atlanta to Phoenix relatively comfortably, safely and inexpensively. The crew were courteous enough but did seem focused on selling something. Whether it be drinks, snacks or credit cards they were determined to make the extra dime. My backpack worked fine, I drank a cup of free water and got the aisles seat I wanted so I didn't spend an extra dime. Both flights were early and I arrived impressed and pleased with all the money I saved. Not a single issue to complain about!
RouteAtlanta to Phoenix

"the worst experience"

Verified Review | Cincinnati to LaGuardia. This was by far the worst experience. They charged me for a carry-on bag that was smaller than most purses. The flight home was an absolute disaster, Frontier was the only airline to cancel flights that night. The manager over the phone gave me a free hotel but the lady behind the counter refuse to honor it. And instead of resolving the issue, she continued to say no. After we slept in the airport, we finally got up the next morning and headed to our gate. Of course, everybody in the airport was apparently confused as to whether that would be at one gate or completely on the other side of the airport. I had to go through security three different times because we were mislead on which gate it would be at. After we made it home I realize that the airline broke my stroller. So I went to the lady that handles the disputes and she said that she could not do anything about it because I signed some slip saying they were not liable. Come to find out the lady behind the desk that checked my bags to begin with was the lady who initialed the slip.
RouteCincinnati to LaGuardia
Date FlownAugust 2017

"the worst airline"

Verified Review | Spend $45 more and fly with Delta! This is the worst airline I have flown on in my 32 years of heavy traveling. The flight from DC to Austin was 4.5 hours delayed. I arrive to the airport and am informed by the most unprofessional, incompetent representative that my bag, which I've carried on literally every other airline costs $45. Then I was told that I could carry it on, but that would still cost $45. After this shakedown, I fly on what feels like the Wild West with the turbulence and have to wait an additional hour at the gate before we get off the plane.
RouteWashington to Austin

"utterly incompetent"

Verified Review | I selected Frontier because we've had a good experience with their customer service in the past. I have personally flown with them more times than I can count. They were by far not the most affordable flight I could have chosen, but I thought their customer service more than made up for it and happily paid extra for the tickets. On our first flight, they insisted on gate-checking our carry-on bags that would have easily fit in the overhead compartment. No big deal, we'd grab them planeside, as we were told upon boarding. After we landed, we waited planeside for our bags, even asking a flight attendant about them. He assured us they would be dropped planeside. Another ten minutes, and we asked another flight attendant, who informed us they would have been sent to baggage claim. This made little sense, considering we had a connecting flight to catch and this would send us out of security. The attendant who checked our luggage had apparently marked our final destination as Denver, not even bothering to ask if that was our final stop. We had to go out of security, collect our baggage, and then go through security again, where we were nitpicked by the TSA for things the TSA in Los Angeles hadn't even batted an eye at. 40 minutes and relieved of some slightly-above 3.5 ounce toiletries later, we re-entered past security.(By the way, the Denver TSA will paw through your luggage for 15+ minutes over a bottle of foot powder.) We were fortunate our layover was lengthy, or we'd have ended up missing our connecting flight. As we boarded the next flight, I walked by without the attendant even looking at my bag. However, she then stopped my husband and insisted his bag was too large to fit in the overhead, despite it being the exact same size as mine. She refused to let him on the plane unless he paid $45 for carry-on. When he said our last flight had done no such thing and that his wife's bag was the same size as his, the attendant smugly replied she could always call me back and charge me $45 for my bag, as well. What on Earth? As I waited on my husband in my seat, concerned, the attendants went by, trying to make a list of seats still available, I assume for people on standby. I had to inform them the seat had been purchased by my husband, who was currently being held at the gate unless he forked over $45 some woman randomly decided to charge him because she could "tell by looking" his bag simply wouldn't fit. They didn't seem the least bit concerned. Not that I'd expect them to be, at this point. Finally, $45 later and with minutes until the plane closed, my husband enters, with his bag in tow. It easily fits in the overhead without any struggle. We spent $45 for a bag that most certainly fit. An absolute rip-off. Our flights departed and landed on time, but the poor service we received soured it. Way to go, Frontier. Your rinky-dink airline just lost two faithful customers. I've already told this story to three of my friends and intend to tell everyone else when they ask how our trip was. Answer being, absolutely awesome until Frontier was utterly incompetent. They should leave air travel to the better-equipped and trained airlines. I'll be sticking with Delta from now on. Wish I could give less than one for a rating.
RouteLos Angeles to Des Moines via Denver
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"no info on when it will be heading out"

Verified Review | Flew Frontier Airlines from Denver to Greensboro. You get what you pay for: do not waste time trying to save money and waste your life in travel. Flight is delayed and no info on when it will be heading out. Flight from San Francisco was miserable no leg room, the attendant skipped over me for water, no place to rest your head, no recline. If you would like to waste a day of your life on horrible travel then I would recommend this airline.
RouteDenver to Greensboro
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"give Frontier a thumbs up"

Verified Review | Orlando to Cleveland. My family was in Orlando during the hurricane warnings. We had originally had airlines to leave on Saturday the 9th. Frontier sent us an email offering a flight out on 9/7 at 7am. We went ahead and booked that as well. They offered these flights at $29 dollars. Very affordable and not gouging like other airlines at this time. Words cannot convey how blessed we are to have received this offer from Frontier. We called in and not only did they change our flight but credited back money from the flight on Saturday. They got us out and also took people on stand by. They waited to get as many people out as possible. The pilot, and flight attendants were all helpful and caring. The pilot said the crew was out of Maui and what an amazing crew!! We have flown with Frontier several times before and have never had any issues at those times . Only good things to say about them. Thank you Frontier for what you offered and got us out of Orlando in time. If we wouldn't have had the other offer Frontier gave to us and changed ticket dates we would of been stuck as they are closing the airport. We give Frontier a thumbs up and will use them often for other travel destinations. Thank you Frontier for helping us and making a way out.
RouteOrlando to Cleveland

"a special thank you"

Verified Review | I would like to request a special thank you to the Frontier Check in staff from Miami International Airport. On September 5th at 7 pm, I was traveling to Las Vegas with my husband and due to Irma hurricane alert we decided to cancel out trip at the last moment unexpectedly. They were extremely helpful and we are very satisfied with the way they handle and understand our situation. It is people like this that make companies like Frontier take hospatality to the next level of customer service. Thank you again.
RouteMiami to Las Vegas
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"flight was delayed to midnight"

Verified Review | Flew Chicago to Phoenix. Our plane was at 7.55 but delayed to 10pm as they had to stop in Kansas to refuel. Our plane was switched with the New Jersey flight that had been waiting since 3pm. So our flight was delayed to midnight! Don't fly Frontier Airlines! I wish I had looked at the reviews!
RouteChicago to Phoenix
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"rep went above and beyond"

Verified Review | Denver to San Francisco. Flying to San Francisco the trip is off to a rough start. Not making two separate flights (luggage complications) we were referred to the airlines dispute department? The customer service rep went above and beyond, while all flights were booked out of DEN, she put us on a flight out of Colorado Springs - with no flights left out of Denver she was able to get us on a flight out of a nearby city. I love it when customer service reps are solutions based. She stayed on the phone with us for 45 minute and found a way.
RouteDenver to San Francisco

"terrible customer service"

Verified Review | St. Louis to Orlando. Delayed 3 hours, no explanation. Finally board plane, get to runway and sit, and sit, and sit. Finally captain comes on and says "we have to do paperwork and if it's going to be longer than 5-10 minutes we will update you." That was 30 minutes ago and still no update! Will never fly with them again, terrible customer service, terrible information, terrible quality, just awful!
RouteSt. Louis to Orlando