Top 100 Airlines

Frontier Airlines

"horrible flight conditions"

Verified Review | Orlando to Minneapolis with Frontier Airlines. Good customer service, mediocre mobile site navigation, horrible flight conditions. Small, hard seats, temp in cabin frigid for all 3 hrs of flight (in spite of attendant turning it up). They have mastered cheap, and nickel and dime the passenger to death. I will have to be desperate if I ever have to choose to fly with this awful airline again. The announcing attendant really should know where we're landing, too. She said "Welcome to Dulles National Airport," and corrected it to "Minneapolis -St. Paul", after a co-worker clued her in. And charging for carryon bags is poor, but I believe Frontier isn't the only one that does it.
RouteMCO to MSP

"very friendly staff"

Milwaukee to Las Vegas with Frontier Airlines. Very friendly staff, very personal, quick boarding. The extended seating fit my husband who is 6'4". Both trips back and forth to Las Vegas were quiet and relaxing, no issues at all. The flight was actually early to both destinations which was amazing to us.
RouteMKE to LAS

"will recommend Frontier"

Salt Lake City to Denver. I had an amazing experience with Frontier Airlines. I am military and was able to change my flight at last minute notice and the supervisor, check in attendants, and flight attendants were very helpful and friendly. I will recommend Frontier to friends and family.
RouteSLC to DEN

"disappointing customer service"

Verified Review | I don't have any qualms about the flight or Frontier Airlines itself. It's inexpensive and you get what you pay for. I only had an issue with the customer service. I left my iPad on the plane. I know that's on me. But I realized it while I was still in the airport. I was on a shuttle to the rental car and tried to contact a Frontier Rep to check the plane. I was diverted over and over to their lost and found form. I filled it out hoping they'd find it and I'd get it back, but I never heard from them again. I'd expect an email saying "we're looking" at least. I never recovered my iPad, which is frustrating, but I don't put that on the airlines. Perhaps the stewardess didn't see it sitting on my seat and another passenger snatched it up. I'm just really disappointed with the customer service.
RouteCVG to DEN

"worst customer service"

Verified Review | Milwaukee to Orlando. I will say that the crew on the aircraft was wonderful. Unfortunately, I can say the exact opposite about the frontier person that came to get me from the plane with the wheelchair. First there was no wheelchair waiting when I was told there would be one for me. Second, the woman took me down the tunnel and left me sitting at the frontier counter. She was complaining about her job under her breath. She had told me she would get someone to help me. After about five minutes, my traveling companion with her arms full of baggage, asked three employees standing or sitting at the desk doing absolutely nothing, ask them for help. They said oh she's over there. We can't leave the desk. Even though none of them look like they knew what work even was, they were too busy to help. After almost 15 minutes, I asked my friend to get my Walker. I was in severe pain from walking an extended period of time which was not recommended by my doctor. This company does not care about their passengers, only the bottom line. I called to talk to customer service. They were willing to upgrade my ticket to First Class, but not my safety traveling companion. If I were to have a seizure or other medical emergency, no one In First Class would know how to help. The supervisor at Frontier customer service did not care. Even though my friend was inconvenienced by being stranded with me in a wheelchair. Worst customer service ever!
RouteMKE to MCO
Date FlownApril 2016

"no flight available for three days"

I was on the same Frontier Airlines flight as J Cramer on 26th March 2016. Here are some of my reactions to what happened: The airline already had cancelled the flight per several websites, but not their own, before we boarded the plane. Why passengers were made to sit on a plane for over an hour was a waste of time that could have been used to start rebooking a way home. We were told as passengers by an agent on the plane that we would get $200 flight vouchers and they would be sent to our emails automatically. When I didn't get one after a few days, I emailed Frontier, who replied that due to 'weather cancellation', I was entitled to no credit. Most frustrating part is the plane we were on, and removed from, had to be sent someplace else. No flight was available for three days, yet the airline had an empty place just sitting there. Customer service agents are very young and poorly trained. They showed no concern that their company's action would cause people to be out of town for Easter weekend. I have seen comments from people saying that they had no problems with Frontier and for that I am glad. It is not a good company to deal with when there are problems.
RouteMCO to OMA
Date FlownMarch 2016

"seats are extremely uncomfortable"

Booked a vacation through Cheap Caribbean and it included round trip flights with Frontier Airlines from Philadelphia, PA to Montego Bay, Jamaica. Checking in online the day before was horrible. Cheap Caribbean did not give me a "reservation code" for the flight. Even though I had booked months prior, Frontier's site showed the available seats for the flight with a price on each one, starting at an extra $16 per seat. The website explained that by paying additional money to choose seats was the only way they could guarantee seats together. What a scam and rip-off. I opted to not pay additional money and on the next screen it showed I had two seats together. Next I had to choose if I was bringing carry-on or checked luggage, all of which had ridiculous fees. Ended up paying $70 for two checked bags for the flight there and $60 for two checked bags on the return flight. In addition to all the extra fees and hassles with checking in, the flights and service continued to get worse. The seats do not recline at all. The seat base and seat back are molded together as one piece. They are rock hard, and looked like a cheap plastic resin chair and then it was covered only on the top side with a pleather like material. These seats are extremely uncomfortable, especially since my flights were over three hours each way. Once in the air, they offer their "beverage service for purchase", another lousy service. Yes, even for a can of soda they charge you $1.99 What a lousy airline. On my return flight, there were some open seats. They announced that if anyone wanted to move to a slightly larger seat at the exits over the wings, they would move them for a $50 fee. I will never fly with them again.
RoutePHL to MBJ
Date FlownApril 2016

"I will not fly Frontier again"

Las Vegas to Lambert St Louis. My experience with Frontier was displeasing from the moment I started my check in process. The machine my boyfriend and I checked in on told us that we would have to pay $16 per seat in order to get seats next to each other so we paid $32 total to sit together. We were traveling with two friends who decided not to pay $16 and be assigned random seats. However, they were seated right next to each other anyways. So we paid $32 for something that our friends got for free. The next screen told us that we would be charged $30 for each checked bag (which we expected) and $40 for each carry-on bag - $40 for a carry on. I have never flown on an airline where I am charged for a carry on bag and certainly not one where it is more expensive to carry a bag on than check one. After we paid for this I went to the counter to ask the employee if all of those charges were valid. Not only was she unsure of the cost of a carry on bag but she was trying very hard to avoid all of my questions and check my bag and get me out of the line. She then told me that I could have just combined my purse and my backpack to make one personal item and I could have avoided the carry on fee all together. So I said OK and asked her to refund me for the $40 I had just paid for the carry on, to which she replied that she couldn't do refunds and gave me an 800 number to call. She told me to call before I boarded my flight and that she was making a note in my reservation. I called the number and chose the "baggage" option which routed me to an office that closes at 4 and immediately hung up on me as I was calling at 4:15. I called another number that was on the sheet and they informed me that the office never closes and I needed to just keep calling. (Ridiculous). I called again and just chose a random option so that I could be routed to a representative. This representative told me that I could not call about this before my flight and that I would have to call the next day, directly contradicting the employee at the airport. So I called again today and got another representative who said that they would not be able to offer me a refund as the employee at the airport did not make a note in my reservation. I told him that the employee specifically told me that she was making a note on my reservation. At this point he asked me for my call-back number in case my call got disconnected and then put me on hold for 10 minutes to "check my reservation". Finally he came back and said that he would process my $40 refund which is about the only good thing that came out of the whole situation. Not only was I infuriated at all of the extra charges but the flight was extremely turbulent and the lights on the plane kept turning on and off which is very frightening and not once did the flight attendants or the pilot make any kind of reassuring announcements to inform us of the situation other than to "ensure we had our seat belts on". There was no explanation. I did however get a good laugh when we started to descend as the flight attendant said over the intercom "please make sure you seats are in an upright and locked position" because our seats didn't even have an option to recline. I do understand that Frontier offers cheaper flights and that is the sole reason why my friends and I decided to book this flight. However, we ended up paying about as much as any other airline after all the baggage fees and seating fees that are charged when you check in. I will not fly Frontier again.
RouteLAS to STL
Date FlownApril 2016

"I got the best deal around"

I have flown Frontier Airlines 4 times this winter between Cleveland, Ohio and Tampa, Florida. Every time it has left on time and arrived early. In January, I actually flew for 15 dollars each way non stop! I have high regards for this airline so far! I did not check any bags or pick a seat so I got the best deal around!
RouteCLE to TPA
Date FlownMarch 2016

"I will fly Frontier again"

Verified Review | I was concerned about flying Frontier when I read all the negative reviews, but I had no issues with them at all. My first flight arrived 50 minutes early, and my flight home was on time. I got to pick my own seats so I chose expanded leg room and I was very comfortable. Face it, no airlines offer much more room than the others. I had to pay to check my bag and for snacks on the plane but I have to say my experience was great and I will fly Frontier again.
RouteDEN to CLT