Vote Airport

Frontier Airlines

"never fly Frontier again"

This is my first time flying Frontier. I flew from Denver to Seattle with no problems but on my way home I encountered and huge in convenience. I had checked one of my suitcases at the check in thinking I take my carry on, on my flight. When I get to my gate there's an announcement made that if your boarding pass doesn't state carry-on you have to pay $60 there to put it in the overhead bin. I have a backpack, and my boyfriend and I each have a carry on suitcase. If I had known that I was going to be charged at the gate I would have checked it at check in. So I am forced to check my bag here. I am beyond mad. I tell the lady at the gate that I've never heard of being charged for my carry on before and she tells me the price is usually built in to the ticket price but to keep prices low they tack it on at the airport last minute. Even so someone should have informed me of this before I get to my gate. This is ridiculous, I've never been charged for a carry-on right before my flight. Not only that but my carry-one would have fit on the floor in front of my seat. Knowing this I will never fly Frontier again.
RouteSEA to DEN
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"never fly Frontier again"

I flew Frontier Airlines from Denver to Seattle with no problems but on my way home I encountered huge inconvenience. I had checked one of my suitcases at the check in thinking I take my carry on, on my flight. When I get to my gate there's an announcement made that if your boarding pass doesn't state carry-on you have to pay $60 there to put it in the overhead bin. I have a backpack, and my boyfriend and I each have a carry on suitcase. If I had known that I was going to be charged at the gate I would have checked it at check in. So I am forced to check my bag here. I tell the lady at the gate that I've never heard of being charged for my carry on before and she tells me the price is usually built in to the ticket price but to keep prices low they tack it on at the airport last minute. Even so someone should have informed me of this before I get to my gate. I've never been charged for a carry-on right before my flight. Not only that but my carry-one would have fit on the floor in front of my seat. Knowing this I will never fly Frontier Airlines again.
RouteSEA to DEN
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"not one good thing to say"

Houston to Denver was my first and last time flying Frontier Airlines. I really have not one good thing to say. Getting checked in took forever and wasn't done correctly. We had to wait at the gate while they re checked us in. Once on the plane we sat for almost an hour in the most uncomfortable seat without explanation, we had to attempt to keep a 2 yr old happy during this time and were lectured by a flight attendant for letting the child move. The the attendants were rude. We had to return a day early because our 2 yr old was ill and the change fees were criminal! A drink of any sort will cost you and you'd better have a credit card handy. The flight attendants on the way back were more friendly but could not make up for all the minuses. Warning the miserable seats are so small and leg room does not exist so if you are any bigger than I am You will really be cramped. I am a 5 ft 3' 100 lb person. Hopes this helps someone avoid what could be a miserable experience.
RouteIAH to DEN

"hidden fees everywhere"

They lure you in with low fares, but then nickel and dime you for everything. Guaranteed you will end up paying the same amount as other airlines with all of their surprise fees. The cabins are extremely uncomfortable - thin seats pressed together as closely as possible, and tiny little tray tables. I've flown with Frontier a couple of times, and each time the flights have been severely delayed without explanation. In November 2015, I was trying to get from SLC to ATL. My flight out of SLC was delayed and there was no gate agent to help anyone for the first two hours of the delay. In the meantime, people were already missing their connections and there was no representative from Frontier to help people. I ended up calling Customer Service because I was going to miss my connection in Denver, and the woman on the line told me that she couldn't help me and that I should just wait for a gate agent. Finally a gate agent showed up and she was grumpy and rude to everyone she interacted with. I told her I was going to miss my connection in Denver and that I would rather stay in SLC where I had family and friends than fly to Denver only to miss the connection and be stranded there for god knows how long. She said she could not re-book me from SLC, and the only way to get help with a new connection was to fly to Denver and they would sort it out there. This was during Thanksgiving week when it is extremely difficult to re-book. Terrible customer service, terrible accommodations, hidden fees everywhere.
RouteSLC to ATL
Date FlownNovember 2015

"costs everywhere for everything"

Denver to Orlando with Frontier, I used to love flying this airline but standards seem to have fallen. Expect costs everywhere for everything. I thought Spirit was bad but shockingly, Frontier is worse. Their new seats are uncomfortable. Then waiting for the costly beverage service - we got passed twice and the staff started collecting trash before we were even asked if we wanted anything. I am now sitting at baggage claim over an hour after I landed and there are 2 Frontier flights ahead of us still waiting on their bags. One of the flights landed an hour before ours did. Do not waste your money with this company as they clearly do not value their customers at all.
RouteDEN to MCO

"you pay for everything"

Frontier used to be Denver hometown airline, not at all anymore. Whoever took them over last year has stripped the cabins bare. The seats are incredibly uncomfortable, narrow and packed together. I am a small person, 5", 110 lbs. We flew from Denver to DC January 2016, 2.5 hour flight. I sat on my jacket the whole way for some cushion. I recommend bringing a seat cushion, like you would if you were sitting on bench for a game. There is no plugins for devices, coffee is $2 - really? You pay for everything. Pack your own water and your own healthy food, because all they have is junk food to purchase. Leg room, unless you pay extra, is non- existent. They charge for checked and carry-on luggage. By the time you add everything you need to a basic ticket you are paying more than most other airlines. They also make you buy a subscription to get the lowest basic prices. I always flew Frontier in the past, not anymore. Southwest is looking really good to me. Finally, getting the luggage out in a timely manner has somehow escaped them in all these changes, too few staff? At both ends we waited about 45 minutes for the luggage to surface from the bowels of the airports.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteDEN to DCA

"staff was friendly"

Detroit to Orlando return, and Frontier Airlines was great, staff was friendly, plane was clean, price was right. Flights were on time with no trouble at all. I read reviews before we flew with them and were expecting terrible service but it was fine. For the price I am not sure what they expect.
RouteDTW to MCO
Date FlownDecember 2015

"sub par at best"

Every time I've ever flown on Frontier the experience has been sub par at best. This last time my wife had a horrible experience with them that made me never want to fly them again. She booked a flight from Los Angeles to Denver. I've found their website to be horrible, and every time we put in our credit card it says that confirmation code is declined. After multiple tries it will finally accept our card. To make a long story short they had two transactions pending on our card and never informed us that the transactions where in fact declined on their end. The night my wife goes to check in they say she did not actually purchase a ticket. We had to fight the manager on the phone to get the price of the ticket close to what we purchased it at. There is a reason why this airline has such low ratings. For a 300 dollar flight from LA to DEN I get small rows, no carry on, no bag.
RouteLAX to DEN

"airline was terrible"

Frontier Airlines promote it as "you get the basics" from our low fares and then "customize" from there. Apparently the basics does not include luggage, beverages, or comfortable seating. It was by far the most uncomfortable seats I have ever used. What is worse is that we received an email that our flight was cancelled. My husband called to see if that was correct, spoke to a incompetent individual who not only answered the question if our flight was cancelled incorrectly (which it was not), but then proceeded to put us on hold and hang up on us. When we called back, they said that he had moved the flight (we traveled from DC to Denver and he placed us on another flight from DC to Denver!). The airline was terrible, saying that our seats had already been taken and that they could not get us on a new flight until three days later.
RouteDCA to DEN

"enjoyed everything"

Philadelphia to Kingston, Jamaica, and we enjoyed everything about our experience with Frontier Airlines. Polite and helpful staff, great take off and landing. Flights were on time and at great prices. Didn't expect any frills for the price and none were needed. We'll fly them again. We have flown many other airlines and Frontier Airlines compares equally in most catagories.
Aircraftairbus