Airline of the Year

Frontier Airlines

"dissatisfied with Frontier"

Unverified | Sioux Falls to Denver. We had a 4 hour delay in SIoux Falls, SD which we could live with, but once boarded there were more computer issues and we sat there for another hour. On arrival in Denver we had another hour delay prior to getting off the airplane and another hour waiting for our checked bags. Due to these delays we were unable to pick up our rental car and had to find another one in the middle of the night in freezing rain and then drive 70 miles to our destination through a snow storm. If we wouldn't have been delayed it wouldn't have cost us $250 more for a car and $75 more for a shuttle for family that was meeting us. They sent us a lousy $50 voucher to use in the next six months which does us no good and I will not fly frontier again if I can help it. I sent a complaint to Frontier on their website and the CSR answered me with a "sorry for the inconvenience" and stated an entirely different flight and situation. I answered back with "you could at least get that right"! Very dissatisfied with Frontier and I feel sorry for the airline employees.
RouteSioux Falls to Denver
Date FlownMay 2017

"little difference between Frontier and Delta"

Verified Review | Indianapolis to Portland via Denver. Before flying Frontier Airlines, I was an exclusive Delta customer. I decided to try Frontier after seeing the outrageously overpriced of tickets from the Midwest (IND) to the Northwest (PDX or Seattle.) Now, after flying both airlines, I can say that there is little difference between my experiences with Frontier and Delta. There are a few differences which include more comfortable seats, a free carry-on bag and free snacks and beverages on Delta, but that is about it. It is so worth it to pack a backpack (as my "free personal item" for Frontier) and to buy snacks and a drink at the airport because I saved over $300 on my ticket!
RouteIND to PDX via DEN

"the service is so bad"

Verified Review | Although the employees are human, I feel sympathy for them because the service is so bad and they have to deal with hundreds of angry customers. Long story short, Frontier used to be great, they were bought out, and now they are horrible. My last experience from NYC to Denver left me with a 3 taxi rides to and from the airport which far exceeded the price of my airline ticket. I will never buy a ticket from Frontier again just because they have cheeper prices. This was not my first bad experience with them as well.
RouteNew York to Denver
Date FlownMay 2017

"boy have they gone downhill"

Verified Review | Seattle to Denver. Used to fly Frontier Airlines all the time but boy have they gone downhill. Nickle and dimed for every amenity. No complementary beverage service, chairs dont recline, trays the size of a small tablet. Rude agents, attendants who have no customer service skills. Nightmare
RouteSeattle to Denver
Date FlownMay 2017

"definitely fly again and recommend"

Verified Review | Denver to Nashville. Initially was worried about flying Frontier Airlines after reading some of the reviews. I was prepared for the worst, but the experience was great, flights on time even arriving early, staff friendly. Would definitely fly Frontier Airlines again and recommend.
RouteDenver to Nashville
Date FlownMay 2017

"would not fly Frontier again"

Verified Review | Denver to Salt Lake City. I will never ponder giving this airline a penny! I recommend flying with an airline that while more expensive treats you like you matter. I would not fly Frontier again even if it was free. Mostly rude employees who have the "I'm doing you a favor by helping You" attitude. I could write a story about my experience, however I just want people to be aware that the old adage 'you get what you pay for' couldn't be more true than with this airline.
RouteDenver to Salt Lake City
Date FlownMay 2017

"Seats were not comfortable"

Unverified | Orlando to Las Vegas. Flight was initially cheap. If you are flying a short distance and don't need any luggage. Seats were not comfortable, thin cushions. Seat table size of a small tablet. Seats didn't adjust back. 6 hr flight! No wifi or entertainment. Needed more items for week long business trip, so had two pieces of luggage and one carry on, that cost me about $100 just for that. To get assigned seat that cost me extra also. The total cost I could of went on a different airline for that price and at least be comfortable and entertained. I won't be using this airline again.
RouteOrlando to Las Vegas
Date FlownApril 2017

"The worst airline service"

Verified Review | San Francisco to Atlanta via Denver. The worst airline service in the industry! First, they charge super expensive fee for luggage or even for a small carry on bag which other airplane won't do. Second, I was late for work because of the 1.30 hour delayed on the plane after boarding, and they don't do anything about it such as giving us a complimentary drink or anything. The seat was horribly uncomfortable, I had leg cramps in the whole trip. They don't have wifi onboard. The only good thing about this airline is their cheap fare, but they easily suck your money by charging your baggage fee and a small carry on fee which you're going to pay more eventually than other airline where you can get better service with other airline company.
RouteSan Francisco to Atlanta via Denver
Date FlownMay 2017

"both planes were very clean"

Verified Review | Flew Frontier Airlines. I had read the reviews prior to flying and was so worried, I am so thankful I didn't panic. We flew from Seattle to New Orleans connecting in Denver. Flight left on time and we even landed 15 minutes early, same with the flight from Denver to New Orleans! The cabin crew were excellent and both planes were very clean.
RouteSeattle to New Orleans via Denver
Date FlownApril 2017

"all bags arrived on time"

Verified Review | Flew Frontier from Chicago O'Hare to Orlando. I was a bit worried after reading the negative reviews, but all went well during our flights both there and back. Check-in was fast, all bags arrived on time there and back. I had a stroller and car seat which arrived safely without any damage. I would fly Frontier again.
RouteChicago to Orlando