Vote Now

Frontier Airlines

"Will not fly Frontier again"

Verified Review | San Diego to Orlando. Flight landed at 0540 am and had to sit on runway 40 minutes waiting for a plane with mechanical issues to move from gate. At that time in the morning would think another gate could be used instead of having an entire plane full of people sitting on runway. Pilots informed would be 3-4 minutes initially. Booked flight using Frontier site. Asked for additional fees every step of the way multiple times. Seats tiny, do not recline. Will not fly Frontier again regardless of how much can save by doing so - not worth it.
RouteSan Diego to Orlando

"horrible customer service"

Verified Review | Miami to Salt Lake City. If you have an electric scooter stay away from Frontier. They told me that I could not pre check our bags because we had an electric scooter that needed to be checked at the counter. When we got to the counter they charged us the full baggage price for all of our bags. After fighting with them for 2 days after our flight they did refund the extra charges. This is a very poor company with horrible customer service.
RouteMiami to Salt Lake City
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"Frontier Airlines is a joke"

Verified Review | Orlando to Cincinnati. Frontier Airlines is a joke. When I showed up for my flight Thursday I was informed I had not checked in on time. They overbooked the flight and did not have a seat available for me. I was only given the option of rebooking the next day, 24 hours later. I missed flying to my destination by a day. I also later found out they charged my credit card $99 for a "rebooking fee" when I tried to contact them about this I could not get in touch with anyone regarding the matter. They have no customer service, and they overbook flights.
RouteOrlando to Cincinnati
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"given no information for 2 hours"

Verified Review | I have never left a review for anything, however I felt the need to write this review during my 5 hour delay. After my plane was hit by another aircraft before even taking off, we were taken off our plane and brought back to the terminal where we were given no information for 2 hours. Then I was given a re-routed ticket, 5 hours from my original departure, on a different airline. Unfortunately, my return ticket is through Frontier, but after that I will never fly with them again.
RoutePhoenix to Orlando
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"instead of saving money, I wasted more"

Verified Review | San Francisco to Orlando. Be careful with Frontier Airlines, by far the worst experience from flying out to the customer service. I'm from Sacramento and I took a flight from San Francisco because it was 100$ cheaper. I would much rather pay 100$ extra than to fly with Frontier in the future. No snacks or beverages - they charged for everything. They have no free carry on baggage - I had too pay 80$ there and back. I figured out now why it's so cheap and so uncomfortable. Instead of saving money I wasted more than I planned to. Spend a little more and have a better experience.
RouteSan Francisco to Orlando
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"would highly recommend it"

Unverified | Tampa to Las Vegas. I was hesitant to travel thru Frontier after reading some of the reviews. However, it was the only Non stop flight available, so my wife and I decided to take it. I am glad we did, it was nothing like the reviews. We got the stretch seats, very affordable flight and arrived on time. Staff was great. I would highly recommend it and I would fly with them again.
RouteTampa to Las Vegas
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"not the best, but it's cheap"

Verified Review | Kansas City to Denver. I've flown with frontier a few times over the years and it's been average. Definitely not the best, but it's cheap so sometimes it's doable. However, the staff in Kansas City treated me horribly for no reason and it definitely put a bad taste in my mouth. Probably won't fly again with them.
RouteKansas City to Denver

"They moved me 3 times"

Unverified | Frontier Airlines would not properly accomodate my service dog. Seats are so cramped and flight overbooked. Tried to make arrangements ahead, but said I had to do it at the gate. Squished me and my 66lb service dog in a window seat in the back of the plane for 3.5 hour flight. They moved me 3 times! Never use them if you have a service animal. What a nightmare!
RouteOrlando to Denver
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"Frontier do not care about you"

Verified Review | Washington to San Diego. I booked this flight to go on vacation to see my friend in California. My flight was delayed 2 hours leaving Washington DC area. I was to have a 48 hour layover in Orlando and then make the connecting flight to San Diego. My itinerary states that I would be on the same flight for both legs of the journey. When I arrive in Orlando, they tell me I missed my flight and the plane I just was on was not leaving the airport. The earliest they could get me a flight to my destination was literally 24 hours after I landed in Orlando. All of the hotels were booked so I had to sleep on the floor of the airport until my next flight. Frontier Airlines refused to compensate me in any manner for their mistake. Now I am waiting to get on my newly schedule flight when it is delayed 3 more hours. Mind you, this is like deja vu because the plane was coming from D.C. And is to be taking us to San Diego. So how is it that the plane today coming from D.C. Was taking me to San Diego but I missed the flight yesterday? Frontier did not acknowledge this. My trip was to be Thursday night to Monday morning. I literally lost over 1/3 of my trip because Frontier Airlines messed up. And they will not take responsibility. Everyone I have spoken with has been discourteous and rude and refuse to compensate me for spending over 27-28 hours stuck in the Orlando airport. Frontier Airlines do not care about you or any of their customers. I wish I would have known before I wasted so much money and time to hang out in an airport.
RouteWashington to San Diego
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"very nice and accommodating"

Unverified | Chicago to Palm Beach. We had a good flight. Upon reading others reviews, we were prepared for our trip. Here are the negative things I read about, and how I feel about it now. You are allowed one personal bag. We (7 of us) had no problems with this. We had everything we needed in one backpack. No food or drinks on the plane. We knew this as well, just make sure you eat before or buy snacks before you get on the plane. Uncomfortable seats. Our flight was short (under 3 hours) so it wasn't so bad. I wouldn't recommend using Frontier for international travel as that might get a little uncomfortable. Plane was clean. Everyone we encountered with Frontier Airlines was very nice and accommodating. Our flights were on time. We arrived 2 hours early just to make sure that we got checked in. (I read that some people were denied access because of a late arrival) Again, we each had one bag that fit under our seats so no lost luggage. If we lost it, it was on us. Hope this helps!
RouteChicago to Palm Beach