Frontier Airlines

"Do not fly Frontier"

Trip Verified | We had a nonstop flight booked to leave Milwaukee on Aug 10th at 5:30 am and arrive in Denver by 7:07am. After arriving at the airport at least 1.5 hours prior to our departure time (as recommended by Frontier) we received an email alert that our flight was delayed until 8 am. As we slept at the airport, we received another email alerting us that we were awaiting the arrival of a plane from Denver and we would not be leaving until early afternoon. The airline gave each customer a $10 food voucher for 8 hours of our time! Wow! We remained optimistic that the airline was just having a bad day and chalked it up to “better safe than sorry”, and our return flight would be fine. NOT! We were scheduled to leave Denver in August 17th at 8:07 pm, arriving in Milwaukee at 11:28pm. We received the email alert that our flight was delayed after we had already returned our car rental, stranding us at the airport for 5 hours. This time we received a voucher for $15. Fellow passengers shared stories of missed weddings, needing to purchase rental cars as a result of the delay etc.., When we were finally called, the hostess told all of us that if we didn’t Board in 30 minutes, the flight staff would “time out” and the flight would be cancelled; inferring that it would be on us, if the flight got cancelled, adding to everyone’s, already high, stress. I pray that we take off and don’t get cancelled and want to warn everyone. Do not fly Frontier, this seems to be very typical business for them.
RouteMilwaukee to Denver

"a joke of an airline"

Trip Verified | Denver to Minneapolis. This airline is a joke. We were three hours late, had to switch planes and they lost my bag. I understand that things may not go smoothly and I was fine until they lost my bag. They cannot even contact MSP to get them to pick up the phone to see if it came in. I am not getting my bag back anytime soon. Going to a wedding and I have nothing. “These things take time”. That is what I was told, a no wonder. Frontier cannot even call Frontier and get someone to answer the phone. What a joke of an airline. Never again!
RouteDenver to Minneapolis
Date FlownAugust 2018

"it is not worth the trouble"

Trip Verified | I was scheduled to depart from Memphis and arrive in Orlando, and Frontier made my experience hell on earth! I was already dissatisfied that I had to pay for my carry on and on top of that the plane was delayed. I sat at the airport for 3 hours before anyone at Frontier informed us why we were waiting. 2 hours later we were told the flight was canceled! They were completely unprofessional and disorganized. Before the flight was canceled there were Frontier employees walking around, laughing and not doing anything . Once the flight was canceled they all disappeared and only one lady stay to help the hundreds of upset passengers. They said the would send of a voucher which I never received. Lucky I got ahold of someone in corporate who was able to book me another flight with a different airline (Sign of relief). Never will I ever recommend or fly with frontier again. Yes it’s cheap but it is not worth the trouble! Especially if you are pregnant or traveling with small children.
RouteMemphis to Orlando

"horrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Austin TX to Portland OR. Like other negative reviews, our flight was cancelled a few hours before departure on our return home. There was no assistance in helping us book another flight other than to tell us we can reschedule for four days later- but with no hotel or car rental fees even if we could manage to extent our stay. We received a letter at the counter that told us we would be reimbursed for $400 per ticket - we had three tickets- but since we’ve returned, we’ve spent several very frustrating hours on the phone with the airline and have gotten nowhere. We spent nearly$1,600 to get home on another airline. We did get $200 vouchers to flight their airline, but seriously, do they think after this experience and their horrible customer service and losing so much money that we’d actually use those vouchers? Their motto: “Low fares done right,” is completely laughable! Do not use this airline! It is the worst airline out there!
RouteAustin TX to Portland OR

"delayed then cancelled"

Trip Verified | Providence to Missoula via Denver. I had high hopes flying Frontier for our vacation trips from the East Coast to Montana. Our first flight into Denver was uneventful and we were pleased with our decision. My next flight going from Denver to Missoula was 2 hours late due to a plane not arriving on time. My flight from Missoula back to RI was delayed then cancelled until 2 days later. Then, that next flight was delayed 4 hours and ultimately cancelled until the following morning. I received a $200 voucher (very nice) and I did fly out the next morning (again, mechanical issues). My family then had another trip planned west. Due to leave RI at 11:30am, we didn't leave until 6pm that night and we were delayed in Denver for almost 24 hours as our connection left about 4 hours before we arrived. We each received $200 vouchers again. Now I have $800 in vouchers, but our travel is over for the year and although customer service in Denver told me they were transferable, alas, they are not. Nice gesture, but totally unusable for us. Sadly, we will not be choosing to fly with Frontier again.
RouteProvidence to Missoula via Denver
Date FlownAugust 2018

"will never fly frontier again"

Trip Verified | My experience with Frontier was far more than disappointing, unprofessional, distasteful, and uncompassionate. Both my departing and return flight had well over 6 hour delays that left ultimately my return flight to be cancelled. I was not provided enough time to properly identify another flight that would allow me to make work, pick up my children, or even save me from spending revenue I had no intentions on spending. The voucher provided to inconvenienced flyers did not cover airfare, travel by cab, parking compensation, and hotel which should have all been taken care of by frontier. My extensive delay for my departing flight lead me to not only have to stay out of town longer because I missed a business meeting but it also caused me to lose out on a major business deal - Which I was not efficiently compensated for. I spent almost 700 additional dollars in hotels and 300 extra in a car rental while Frontier only provided close to a $250 credit. Trying to get a hold of someone in customer service on the phone is a joke and the Frontier workers lack knowledge and are extremely unprofessional. I will never fly frontier again!
RouteAtlanta to Trenton
Date FlownAugust 2018

"not recommend this airline"

Not Verified | The original flight 982 to Orlando, Fl was to depart Memphis, TN at 1150am. Yet we are still here waiting to depart and it is 3:00pm. I received the following departure notification changes of 12:55 pm, 1:35pm, 2:10pm, 2:45pm and now 3:30pm. Not only is this an inconvenience to me but I'm also traveling with an infant. Everyone knows how fussy a child can be especially waiting all day. I have spoken with one customer service agent and was informed if the flight is delayed due to mechanical issues we (everyone) on the flight would be refunded and continue with the flight since we were already checked in. Now I speak with another agent and I was told that information isn't true. They all need to be on the same program of information and they should have another airplane available to put the passengers on. I will never fly Frontier again and I will not recommend this airline to anyone. This is totally unacceptable. No backup planes and the next flight to Orlando is tomorrow. I will pay the extra expenses to avoid this.
RouteMemphis to Orlando

"Horrible, horrible airline"

Trip Verified | Horrible, horrible airline. I should've listened when friends told me not to fly with them. Will NOT be making that mistake again. My friend and I are flying to see another friend in CO. I paid for first class seating immediately next to each other. Then two hours before our flight (which is at midnight) they just decided to cancel. Either $500 in flight vouchers (like I'd ever want to fly with them again) or we had to get on a cheesy, slow website to book our own tickets out, and they will send us a check for up to $400 for the cost. Because so many people were trying to get their flights it was a scramble to get one before it booked out. Now my friend and I arent even on the same flight, and are arriving at completely different times. We didn't even get the worst of it. An elderly lady got stranded due to their apathy and selfishness, since she couldn't afford the $400 upfront and was thousands of miles away from home.
RoutePortland OR to Denver CO

"They were uncaring"

Not Verified | Washington to Reno via Denver. They cancelled my flight a few hours prior to departure and would not protect me on another airline. Their next flight was 2 days later, so that wasn't an option. (They said they don't have an agreement with any other airline.) So my last minute booking on another airline cost me an extra $300 and I got home 6 hours later. Was travelling with a new puppy, which made it more difficult for me. My careful planning was for naught. They were uncaring to boot. Never again.
RouteWashington to Reno via Denver
Date FlownJune 2018

"Do not fly Frontier!"

Trip Verified | Denver to San Francisco. Do not fly Frontier!! I had a flight from Denver, CO to San Francisco, CA before heading to Thailand. My flight to San Francisco was delayed because of lack of cabin crew which they had to fly in from another state. Because of this, I missed my flight to Thailand and had to purchase another ticket. First off, I called once and the woman said they could issue a voucher, but I had to go to the ticket counter. At this point I was going to security to go to my new flight abroad. Upon arriving to the ticket counter at SFO, the manager told me I needed to call again to get approval. On this call, she informed me I could only get a $50 travel voucher because my flight was only delayed a minute when it was really delayed an hour!! Don’t fly with them! It’s worth paying more to travel with more comfort and deal with nicer people who probably don’t hate their jobs.
RouteDenver to San Francisco