Vote Now

Frontier Airlines

"I would not take Frontier again"

Verified Review | Washington to Salt Lake City via Denver. I would not take Frontier again. Attendents are polite and the flights are nice not rough spots or anything. However, this airline will charge you a $40 fee for checked baggage or $45 for carry on, even if you have a lay over from another Frontier flight. I flew from Ronald Reagan Washington With Frontier to Denver and paid the $45 for carry on. I had a 3 hr layover in Denver to Salt lake. They wanted me to pay the $45 again before boarding for SLC. $90 for carry on baggage for a flight with layovers? We can't control that, I'm sure we would all appreciate direct flights at any given time. I do. You also better pack your bag with treats and snacks. They cost money on the flight too, besides water. That is free.
RouteWashington to Salt Lake City via Denver
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"double the ticket price to check bags"

Verified Review | Flight from Atlanta to San Francisco with Frontier Airlines. Paid double the ticket price to check in bags. Flight was $75 and the baggage fee was $145. My son flew this flight. I flew 2 weeks later from San Francisco to Atlanta and charged a completely different baggage fee carrying the same exact item. Called customer service to ask "Why?" they have no answer and said it's up to who ever checks you in. From SFO to ATL they misplaced 1 bag, they allowed a daily spending fee and dropped off the bag on a Sunday at 3am. The daily fee was minimal. The cheapness of the flight is made up in fees. No drink or food without being charged besides a small glass of water.
RouteSan Francisco to Atlanta
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"2 hrs 35 min to get to counter"

Verified Review | Orlando to Charlotte. Got to airport 2 hrs before flight time to check bag. Took us 2 hrs 35 min to get to counter. Several hundred people in line. Employees rude as hell. Self serve kiosks didn't work. Arrive at Charlotte and waited 42 minutes on tarmac to get to gate due to another aircraft occupying our gate.
RouteOrlando to Charlotte
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"Last Frontier trip ever"

Unverified | Orlando to Salt Lake City via Denver. What a joke. Downloaded my boarding pass and pre-paid for a checked bag (don't give you the first bag free). Got to the airport and still had to stand in a long line to drop off the checked bag. No curbside valet. Ended up standing in the regular check-in line, as the bag drop line was longer and crawling. Guy I will assume was the supervisor told me to stand in the bag drop line, but the one he directed me to was wrong. Employee behind a counter rudely told that only people on last call for their flight could immediately drop off their bag. Everyone else, regardless of how they paid or checked in, had to stand in line. Add to that Frontier charges for a carry-on beyond one personal bag and there isn't any reason to choose this airline over a more expensive option. Going to stick with customer-centric lines like Delta, United and Southwest. Last Frontier trip ever.
RouteOrlando to Salt Lake City via Denver
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"do not recommend this airline"

Verified Review | Philadelphia to Kansas City. Frontier Airline seemed a decent choice because it was relatively cheap but still had valid times for the trip we had planned in May this year (2017). However, as things happen, we had to cancel our flights due to unforeseen circumstances. It was only as I requested a refund that I realized we would be charged 100 dollars each for cancelling the flights almost 3 months in advance. This is absurd; while I fully admit that I didn't familiarize myself with the cancellation process, being charged almost full price anyway despite not even using the airline is outrageous and certainly unethical. I will be going out of my way to avoid using Frontier Airlines again, and they must be persuaded to more fully and faithfully advertise the costs associated with their booking process. I do not recommend this airline, especially if you're running on a tight budget and can't afford ridiculous charges in case of a change in plans.
RoutePhiladelphia to Kansas City
Date FlownJune 2016

"Will not fly Frontier again"

Verified Review | San Diego to Orlando. Flight landed at 0540 am and had to sit on runway 40 minutes waiting for a plane with mechanical issues to move from gate. At that time in the morning would think another gate could be used instead of having an entire plane full of people sitting on runway. Pilots informed would be 3-4 minutes initially. Booked flight using Frontier site. Asked for additional fees every step of the way multiple times. Seats tiny, do not recline. Will not fly Frontier again regardless of how much can save by doing so - not worth it.
RouteSan Diego to Orlando

"horrible customer service"

Verified Review | Miami to Salt Lake City. If you have an electric scooter stay away from Frontier. They told me that I could not pre check our bags because we had an electric scooter that needed to be checked at the counter. When we got to the counter they charged us the full baggage price for all of our bags. After fighting with them for 2 days after our flight they did refund the extra charges. This is a very poor company with horrible customer service.
RouteMiami to Salt Lake City
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"Frontier Airlines is a joke"

Verified Review | Orlando to Cincinnati. Frontier Airlines is a joke. When I showed up for my flight Thursday I was informed I had not checked in on time. They overbooked the flight and did not have a seat available for me. I was only given the option of rebooking the next day, 24 hours later. I missed flying to my destination by a day. I also later found out they charged my credit card $99 for a "rebooking fee" when I tried to contact them about this I could not get in touch with anyone regarding the matter. They have no customer service, and they overbook flights.
RouteOrlando to Cincinnati
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"given no information for 2 hours"

Verified Review | I have never left a review for anything, however I felt the need to write this review during my 5 hour delay. After my plane was hit by another aircraft before even taking off, we were taken off our plane and brought back to the terminal where we were given no information for 2 hours. Then I was given a re-routed ticket, 5 hours from my original departure, on a different airline. Unfortunately, my return ticket is through Frontier, but after that I will never fly with them again.
RoutePhoenix to Orlando
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"instead of saving money, I wasted more"

Verified Review | San Francisco to Orlando. Be careful with Frontier Airlines, by far the worst experience from flying out to the customer service. I'm from Sacramento and I took a flight from San Francisco because it was 100$ cheaper. I would much rather pay 100$ extra than to fly with Frontier in the future. No snacks or beverages - they charged for everything. They have no free carry on baggage - I had too pay 80$ there and back. I figured out now why it's so cheap and so uncomfortable. Instead of saving money I wasted more than I planned to. Spend a little more and have a better experience.
RouteSan Francisco to Orlando