Best Economy Class Seats

Frontier Airlines

"an additional $40 for my carry on"

Verified Review | Chicago to0 Salt Lake City. It is ridiculous to be charged for a carry on bag. I paid to check my large bag and had to pay an additional $40 for my carry on. I have never been charged for a carry on before. I didn't have a personal item and my carry on was too large to be considered a personal item. The woman who checked me in at the counter was nice but the woman next to her was very rude and refused to help us. We were next in line so we approached the counter and she refused to help anyone from our line. She took a different customer from a separate line with no explanation. The third woman at the counter helped the people who were behind me in line. It was very obvious that we were next but could not get help. I have flown with frontier several times in the past and have not had any problems. I would prefer to pay a little more and not have any surprises when I check in and be treated with respect.
RouteORD to SLC
Date FlownJuly 2016

"the worst customer service"

My flight from Missoula, MT to Denver, CO was delayed by 2.5 hours on July 22nd which would have made me miss my connecting flight to Raleigh, NC. I rebooked for the 23rd and the same thing happened. When I called to figure out my options, customer service told me to go to the airport and discuss it with the agent at the check in desk. The agent at the desk told me flat out I had no options but to wait for the next available flight out of Denver (which was 24 hours later) and was completely unhelpful in helping me find another city out of Denver that could maybe connect me to Raleigh. I was told I was not eligible for food or hotel vouchers in Denver because the delay was weather related. The agent then told me to call customer service so they just gave me the complete run around and each passed the buck on to the other. No one at Frontier actually had the power or interest in helping me. The soonest I could get to Raleigh was July 25th - four days after my initial departure/arrival date. They could not book me another ticket on another airline because they don't partner with anyone. Frontier exhibited the worst customer service I've ever dealt with. I will never fly Frontier again. Thankfully I bought insurance so I was fully refunded for my flight and I rebooked on Delta, though at a very high cost. These delays cost me and my loved ones hundreds of dollars and days of wasted time.
RouteMSO to RDU via DEN
Date FlownJuly 2016

"there was no information"

Verified Review | Flew from Salt Lake City to Denver This is the worst airline I have ever flown on and will never do it again. They airplane was extremely late to the gate, which is understandable at times, however, there was 0 transparency about what was happening and why. The staff member at the front gate lied about when the airplane was going to be leaving to tempararily calm the crowd. There was no information about tentative departure time at the gate and continued to say "on time," while 4 hours late. I usually will save money and go with the cheapest flight even with bad reviews but I will never fly with Frontier again.
RouteSLC to DEN

"a wonderful experience"

Verified Review | Nashville to San Diego via Denver with Frontier. After reading the number of negative reviews prior to my flight, I was concerned about my booking. The reality, I had a wonderful experience. It is true that you pay for baggage and seat assignment, but that is advertised upfront prior to purchase of ticket, so a traveler should not hold that against the company, because it was not a hidden cost. The only negative I saw was that they did not have a representative to check baggage before 2 hours of the flight, but again, to lower the cost of airfare, they cut the cost of staffing during those times. I like getting to airports early, but that again is not a fault of the airline. Once the line opened to check baggage, it was quick. My flights were on time for the most part. Departure was a little late leaving Nashville, but was not the fault of Frontier. We arrived on time in Denver and my connecting flight to San Diego was also on time.
RouteBNA to SAN via DEN
Date FlownJuly 2016

"cheap and their flights are on-time"

I will give Frontier two things based on my recent flight. First, they are cheap and their flights are on-time. Outside of that, everything is downhill from there. I was traveling with my two small children. If I wanted to sit with them, I had to pay extra per seat to select my seat. When dropping off your bags, the staff were rude. Even though you are paying to check bags, they treat you like you are an inconvenience for them. The thing is, it's actually cheaper to check bags than it is to carry bags on the plane! I understand giving really cheap seats and charging people for everything; however, it doesn't make sense to make it cheaper to check bags. Once on the plane, their prices are reasonable for food and drinks. You can get alcohol for cheaper than most domestic flights. The seats don't recline, they have almost no padding, the armrest is tiny, and the tray is about the size of an adult hand. The flight itself was okay. The ride was smooth and the staff on the plane was friendly enough. I feel that maybe Frontier doesn't get gate priority from airports and you should be ready to wait for a gate when you land. When returning home, we waited on the runway nearly an hour. Getting my luggage was pretty easy and fast once I was off the plane. If looking for a cheap flight where you get charged for everything, go with this option. If you want comfort, then don't. I did find out though that it's better to book your flight with Frontier directly and pay for the "Everything" package. I guess you get first shot at seats in the front of the plan and everything is included at only $50 more per ticket. These seats are more like actual airplane seats, not really first class.
RouteLAS to CMH
Date FlownJuly 2016

"pay to take a small carry on"

Verified Review | Cincinnati to Las Vegas and my first and last time with Frontier Airlines. I had to pay to take a small carry on with me. When you travel for 10 days and have a small kid, of course you need clothes. I had to pay $40 to go and $40 to come back. That was almost more than my ticket. Then when you go into the airplane the seats are uncomfortable. Then for a 4 hour flight they don't give you anything. Well if you ask for water they will give it to you. Everything has become money. Pay to fly, pay to take clothes, pay to eat or drink.
RouteCVG to LAS
Date FlownJuly 2016

"no more Frontier for me"

Flew from Las Vegas to St Louis. I must admit Frontier had the best prices, but after paying for luggage even a carry on and the extremely uncomfortable seats I will fly another carrier. I am average size and also a runner in great shape and if the seats are miserable to me I can't imagine the average Joe liking them either. Whoever designed those seats has surely never sat in them. I guess the only positive is those plastic hard seats breed less germs than fabric but after trying to sleep in a non reclining plastic chair on a red eye flight I'd rather have a few germs on a comfy fabric seat. Unless the flight is an hour or less no more Frontier for me.
RouteLAS to STL
Date FlownJuly 2016

"gate staff were very abrasive"

Philadelphia to New Orleans with Frontier Airlines. Arrived to the airport, under the impression that I'd be allowed to carry on an item as a personal bag. This was not the case. I was charged a fee, which I paid online to avoid the gate cost. The attendant at baggage check told me that any bags (except a purse) must be checked in or registered as a carry on, both of which require a fee. Sitting in the terminal, the gate staff were very abrasive to those at the gate waiting (no one in particular), demanding that we all "be quiet while she made announcements." The plane has been sitting at the gate since I arrived two hours early, yet the flight is now delayed an hour (as far as we know at the moment) for maintenance, despite us being informed that we'd be allowed to board. We were informed at the time of the flights scheduled departure that we would be delayed and "that we should stay in the general gate area because anything can happen at anytime." Except for my return flight home, never again with this airline.
RoutePHL to MSY
Date FlownJuly 2016

"never on time for anything"

Denver to Memphis with Frontier Airlines. Terrible experience - not only was our flight delayed there was no scheduled time of arrival so I could not inform my pick-up when I would arrive. Very frustrating considering we had to arrive at the airport 2-3 hours prior for TSA delays. Even my returning flight was ridiculous. We left on time but we arrived 30 min prior to our landing time. The plane ahead of us was still at the gate but didn't leave for another 1.5 hours. So sitting on the plane for that long is just absurd. No explanation once again to the passengers and the pilot just kept saying 5 more minutes. My only compensation was some water. This airline is consistently terrible. Always delayed, never on time for anything.
RouteDEN to MEM
Date FlownJune 2016

"is the pits of the pits"

Frontier Airlines is the pits of the pits. First flight from Charlotte to Denver was the first disaster. Boarded and ready to go and told 4 times we had to wait because proper paperwork couldn't be found. Finally they just told us to get off. 90 minutes later the paperwork was found and we were told to reboard. Nearly everyone missed their connections. Then Denver to Portland was late departure and late arrival. As I type I'm sitting on the return flight from Portland to Denver. The fare went from $385 to $520 with all the nickel and diming. Bag fees, and seat fees.
RouteCLT to PDX