Best Cabin Crew

Frontier Airlines

"great budget airline"

Frontier is a budget airline. If you're flying with lots of baggage you will want to price check with other airlines that include baggage. I've flown Frontier from Houston to Denver and Houston to Las Vegas. I've flown friends and family out to visit me from those locations as well. It's great for a weekend or 3-4 day visit. Seating is not incredibly comfy, but as someone who is 5'8" and 140lbs the seat fits me well enough and was fine for the less than 3 hour journey. My father is 6'1" and he fits the seat as well. He preferred an aisle for the room to stretch out. The tray table is small, but I was able to prop my Kindle Fire 8.9" table up on it to watch using the stand on the cover. Food and drink : not tried any of the snacks (I brought my own). The first trip I was on crutches and didn't want to walk back to a vending machine in the airport so I bought a soda on the flight : cost $1.99 for a can. A little pricey but with $38 roundtrip for the flight, that put me at exactly $40 for a round trip to Denver. Boarding and staff: all the flights I've taken have boarded within 10 minutes of listed boarding time, no delays, and have arrived early. One flight had a medical emergency on the flight, but still landed in a timely manner. The staff has always been friendly or at the very least non-cranky. Some people just don't have bubbly personalities but were still polite. When on crutches everyone was insanely nice, giving me extra time for boarding, helping me stow my crutches in the overhead and getting them out for me at the end. Prices - subscribe to their e-mails! I cannot stress this enough! I find that they cycle some amazing promos every month or so and you can get incredibly discounted trips as long as you're flexible on your dates and are booking 1-2 months out. I've flown Denver for $38 and Vegas for $75. That's round trip, non-stop. I can't even drive there for that price! Get the e-mails. Be flexible. Understand what counts as a free personal item: a backpack. I recommend the Motherlode Weekender JR if you're flying them often. It's a good investment that meets the dimensions. I also used a dell laptop backpack I have that meets them as well. Use the app for your boarding pass! No fee and it's super easy. Who travels without their phone these days? Great budget airline if you shop the promos and pack light.
RouteIAH to DEN
Date FlownDecember 2015

"giving me courage to fly again"

Orlando to Washington with Frontier Airlines. My first flight in 3 years and a fear of flying. Checkin was simple and fast. Staff friendly and nice. Could not have had better experience on both flights. Thank you Frontier for giving me the courage to fly again and the little reminder from flight attendants that I was safe - will fly Frontier whenever possible.
RouteMCO to IAD

"poorly managed business"

Frontier Airlines appears to be the most poorly managed business, I've had the displeasure of dealing with. Their website is not user friendly, they charge for every little thing so when you think you're getting a good rate on your ticket, think again! I chose the car rental offered on the website but later changed my mind. Tried to cancel the reservation but cannot on Frontier's website. They provide a phone number to call to cancel car reservations, but the phone number is to one specific car rental company, not necessarily the company you made reservations at. Our flight has been delayed now for seven hours - not due to weather problems though. We've heard several different stories from the Frontier staff on why the delay from mechanical issues, to changing out planes, to bringing in another plane from another state. Seven hours later, here we still sit, really? Keep in mind, we were not notified of this delay until it was almost time to board. We are told there is nothing they they can do, not another flight to get on, and cannot move us to another airline. We are told maybe we'll get a voucher in compensation for the delay to use on future Frontier flights. Useless when you will never fly with Frontier again. I suspect they are stringing us along only to cancel the flight altogether, then we will have really wasted our time and money. This is a business trip with four of us traveling together. We have invested a great deal of money on a trip that depends on an on-time arrival to our destination. This is not merely an inconvenience, it is a big deal.
RouteDEN to MCO
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"never fly Frontier again"

This is my first time flying Frontier. I flew from Denver to Seattle with no problems but on my way home I encountered and huge in convenience. I had checked one of my suitcases at the check in thinking I take my carry on, on my flight. When I get to my gate there's an announcement made that if your boarding pass doesn't state carry-on you have to pay $60 there to put it in the overhead bin. I have a backpack, and my boyfriend and I each have a carry on suitcase. If I had known that I was going to be charged at the gate I would have checked it at check in. So I am forced to check my bag here. I am beyond mad. I tell the lady at the gate that I've never heard of being charged for my carry on before and she tells me the price is usually built in to the ticket price but to keep prices low they tack it on at the airport last minute. Even so someone should have informed me of this before I get to my gate. This is ridiculous, I've never been charged for a carry-on right before my flight. Not only that but my carry-one would have fit on the floor in front of my seat. Knowing this I will never fly Frontier again.
RouteSEA to DEN
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"never fly Frontier again"

I flew Frontier Airlines from Denver to Seattle with no problems but on my way home I encountered huge inconvenience. I had checked one of my suitcases at the check in thinking I take my carry on, on my flight. When I get to my gate there's an announcement made that if your boarding pass doesn't state carry-on you have to pay $60 there to put it in the overhead bin. I have a backpack, and my boyfriend and I each have a carry on suitcase. If I had known that I was going to be charged at the gate I would have checked it at check in. So I am forced to check my bag here. I tell the lady at the gate that I've never heard of being charged for my carry on before and she tells me the price is usually built in to the ticket price but to keep prices low they tack it on at the airport last minute. Even so someone should have informed me of this before I get to my gate. I've never been charged for a carry-on right before my flight. Not only that but my carry-one would have fit on the floor in front of my seat. Knowing this I will never fly Frontier Airlines again.
RouteSEA to DEN
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"not one good thing to say"

Houston to Denver was my first and last time flying Frontier Airlines. I really have not one good thing to say. Getting checked in took forever and wasn't done correctly. We had to wait at the gate while they re checked us in. Once on the plane we sat for almost an hour in the most uncomfortable seat without explanation, we had to attempt to keep a 2 yr old happy during this time and were lectured by a flight attendant for letting the child move. The the attendants were rude. We had to return a day early because our 2 yr old was ill and the change fees were criminal! A drink of any sort will cost you and you'd better have a credit card handy. The flight attendants on the way back were more friendly but could not make up for all the minuses. Warning the miserable seats are so small and leg room does not exist so if you are any bigger than I am You will really be cramped. I am a 5 ft 3' 100 lb person. Hopes this helps someone avoid what could be a miserable experience.
RouteIAH to DEN

"hidden fees everywhere"

They lure you in with low fares, but then nickel and dime you for everything. Guaranteed you will end up paying the same amount as other airlines with all of their surprise fees. The cabins are extremely uncomfortable - thin seats pressed together as closely as possible, and tiny little tray tables. I've flown with Frontier a couple of times, and each time the flights have been severely delayed without explanation. In November 2015, I was trying to get from SLC to ATL. My flight out of SLC was delayed and there was no gate agent to help anyone for the first two hours of the delay. In the meantime, people were already missing their connections and there was no representative from Frontier to help people. I ended up calling Customer Service because I was going to miss my connection in Denver, and the woman on the line told me that she couldn't help me and that I should just wait for a gate agent. Finally a gate agent showed up and she was grumpy and rude to everyone she interacted with. I told her I was going to miss my connection in Denver and that I would rather stay in SLC where I had family and friends than fly to Denver only to miss the connection and be stranded there for god knows how long. She said she could not re-book me from SLC, and the only way to get help with a new connection was to fly to Denver and they would sort it out there. This was during Thanksgiving week when it is extremely difficult to re-book. Terrible customer service, terrible accommodations, hidden fees everywhere.
RouteSLC to ATL
Date FlownNovember 2015

"costs everywhere for everything"

Denver to Orlando with Frontier, I used to love flying this airline but standards seem to have fallen. Expect costs everywhere for everything. I thought Spirit was bad but shockingly, Frontier is worse. Their new seats are uncomfortable. Then waiting for the costly beverage service - we got passed twice and the staff started collecting trash before we were even asked if we wanted anything. I am now sitting at baggage claim over an hour after I landed and there are 2 Frontier flights ahead of us still waiting on their bags. One of the flights landed an hour before ours did. Do not waste your money with this company as they clearly do not value their customers at all.
RouteDEN to MCO

"you pay for everything"

Frontier used to be Denver hometown airline, not at all anymore. Whoever took them over last year has stripped the cabins bare. The seats are incredibly uncomfortable, narrow and packed together. I am a small person, 5", 110 lbs. We flew from Denver to DC January 2016, 2.5 hour flight. I sat on my jacket the whole way for some cushion. I recommend bringing a seat cushion, like you would if you were sitting on bench for a game. There is no plugins for devices, coffee is $2 - really? You pay for everything. Pack your own water and your own healthy food, because all they have is junk food to purchase. Leg room, unless you pay extra, is non- existent. They charge for checked and carry-on luggage. By the time you add everything you need to a basic ticket you are paying more than most other airlines. They also make you buy a subscription to get the lowest basic prices. I always flew Frontier in the past, not anymore. Southwest is looking really good to me. Finally, getting the luggage out in a timely manner has somehow escaped them in all these changes, too few staff? At both ends we waited about 45 minutes for the luggage to surface from the bowels of the airports.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteDEN to DCA
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"staff was friendly"

Detroit to Orlando return, and Frontier Airlines was great, staff was friendly, plane was clean, price was right. Flights were on time with no trouble at all. I read reviews before we flew with them and were expecting terrible service but it was fine. For the price I am not sure what they expect.
RouteDTW to MCO