Frontier Airlines

Review by (United States) 27th July 2015

Frontier Airlines say their seats don't recline, but Row 13 is the only row where the seats do recline on their A319. I was seated on row 14 and as soon as the flight departed Denver (Flt 612 on July 26), the three people in front of me recline their seats and laughed loudly that they paid $50 more for a first class seats. Row 13 is an exit row. It made the overnight flight very uncomfortable for me since my seat did not recline and my knees were firmly pressed up against the seat in front of me for 3.5 hours. During the beverage service, the flights attendant approached each person saying, "would you like to purchase a cocktail, soft drink, or snack". I ordered a water and was surprised to hear her serving wine to the person directly behind me. I looked up at her and said excuse me and she just said, "I'll be right with you" with a bit of an attitude. I guess if I paid $4 for the water I would have been served before the person behind me. When you add up the flight, extra costs ($3 for a seat selection, $25 for a carry-on bag, $30 for a checked bag, and $4 for a soda or $6.99 for a beer), I really didn't save anything by flying Frontier. I am most surprised that Frontier apparently charges $50 more for Row 13. It seems very unfair the only row that reclines is Row 13 and anyone seated on Row 14 gets a seat back in there face. I gave it a try, but I will not make that mistake again. Frontier may be a discount carrier, but they are not the cheapest once you start adding in all the extras. Buyer beware.
RouteDenver to Miami

Review by (United States) 27th July 2015

We flew Frontier for the first time on 6/23/2015. We were very happy to discover an airline that flew into Trenton N.J. close to our family. The flight up was on time and much more convenient than spending seventeen hours driving one thousand miles in a car. Our return flight was scheduled 6am on 6/30/2015, flight 917 from Trenton to Orlando. We started to board on time but were told to return to the terminal due to a mechanical problem. After waiting three hours with little information from Frontier staff we were told our flight was cancelled!Two staff members from Frontier Airlines were at the gate passing out letters stating Frontier airlines would reimburse passengers up to four hundred dollars for another flight and assist with accommodations so passengers could complete their travel. There was no one from Frontier to assist with anything! Due to the fourth of July holiday we were unable to get on another flight for several days. We felt our only option to return home to Florida was to rent a car and drive one thousand miles.
RouteTrenton to Orlando

Review by (United States) 24th July 2015

Terrible customer service, bag fees cost almost as much as the ticket ($198 for a 1 hour flight from Atlanta to Indianapolis. Bags are $70 each way [$40 for carryon and $30 for checked]. That's $140 for bags alone). Flight attendants were rude and the only thing you get for free on this flight is water, cramped seats, and flight delays.
AircraftA320 Airbus
RouteAtlanta to Indianapolis

Review by (United States) 24th July 2015

Flight attendants loudly cackled in the galley throughout the overnight flight preventing my family from sleeping. A drunken woman walked laps up and down the length of the plane because sitting "ain't good for your circulational system". Drinks were overpriced, everything costs extra, but the worst were the seats! The plastic framed, foam rubber cushioned, non-reclining seats, with tray tables the size of smart phones were torturous! To top it all off, my daughter's tray table was broken and held in place with duct tape!
AircraftAirbus
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteDenver Colorado to Tampa Florida

Review by (United States) 22nd July 2015

The baggage fee was better then some (not Southwest because they are free) of the other airlines, $20 check in when you it when you make your reservations. Traveling from Las Vegas to Kentucky (CVG). Total price was $278 with flight, seats, baggage round trip. The staff were very polite. Yes I will fly again. Yes you have to pay for soda but if you really look at it, I fly Southwest all the time. Ticket price is around 398-472 round trip for me. I got airlines and car rental (10days) for 485.
RouteLas Vegas to CVG

Review by (New Zealand) 22nd July 2015

Single handedly the worst airline I have flown with. First airline I have encountered where you have to go to the International Terminal to check in for a Domestic flight (with no warning or anything in any of the three emails sent prior to the flight). As a result I missed the check in time for baggage, despite arriving at the airport the 1.5 hours prior to the flight that they recommend. Were unable to check me in, and charged $75 to change my flight to the next one, which wasnt for a full 24 hours.
RouteLas Vegas to Austin

Review by (United States) 19th July 2015

Second time flying this route and second time the plane was delayed over an hour. I flew a month ago and the plane was delayed three hours. I also flew Trenton to Charlotte this past year and was delayed two to three hours.
RouteTampa to Trenton

Review by (United States) 18th July 2015

The flight was delayed because of weight issues with the plane. They had taken out the nice seats with the directv entertainment system and put in smaller and narrower seats so they can fit in more passengers. I was also informed by one of the flight attendants that all of their planes are going to have their seats replaced and will no longer offer the directv service.
RouteTampa to Denver

Review by (United States) 8th July 2015

Traveled on July 4, 2015 and had a terrible experience. First the check-in rep gave my mother, who was traveling with me (there were 5 of us), the wrong boarding pass. Yes, with all the airport security, etc., and although my mother did hand the rep her Drivers License, the rep gave her someone else's boarding pass. Mother is elderly, so had I not checked her boarding pass, she would have ended up goodness knows where. Secondly, when I arrive in CLT my bag did not arrive with me! No apology, nothing! The rep calls me the next day (July 5th) to tell me the bag had arrived and I should go get it. Of course, it was too late for that being that I was scheduled to return to PHL on Tuesday 7/7. My flight back from CLT to PHL was delayed 2 hours. Yes, the airfare is inexpensive, but the customer service is terrible. I will pay a higher fare next time and get better service.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RoutePHL to CLT

Review by (United States) 5th July 2015

It is not cheaper considering there is an extra charge for carry on for each leg of the trip, charge for drinks, not even free peanuts. Delayed out by 2 hrs for maintenance. Delayed again coming home for same reason. People at the desks are rude. Will never fly Frontier again.
RouteSalt Lake City to Dallas via Denver