Airline of the Year

Frontier Airlines

"terrible experience"

Verified Review | After spending an incredible amount of money to pay for bags, our flight was delayed four times! Our original Frontier flight time was departing at 3:00 pm and arriving in Denver at 5:00 pm. Our flight got delayed from 3:00 to 5:55 to 6:28 to 7:30. We had a 5.5 hour drive from Denver and the Frontier employees did not seem to want to help anyone and their needs. I understand delays happen, but that is not the passengers fault and when an airline does not show any concern, it is the ultimate turn off from an airline. I will never fly this airline again and I would advise everyone to do the same. Terrible airline, scam you out of every cent you have and then don't show a sheet of concern when things go wrong when it's their fault! Terrible experience
RouteOrlando to Denver
Date FlownJune 2017

"for the price, an excellent experience"

Verified Review | I was very reluctant to fly on Frontier due to so many horrible reviews. I had an emergency family situation and Frontier had a non-stop from Portland to Cleveland with the lowest fare I've ever found ($104 base price before bags), so I decided to take a chance on a 'no-frills' carrier. (My usual airline is Alaska). My flights to and from Portland were exactly on time, and boarding was very efficient. The Airbus plane was very clean, the flight attendants were excellent - good-humored, friendly, helpful with special requests, and genuine real people, culturally diverse. I was particularly impressed when the person in front of me asked a flight attendant how to get a job at Frontier and the attendant took a really long time with her, coming back as she had time to answer more questions. She was entirely positive and encouraging about the benefits of working for Frontier and went way beyond what I would have expected. She gave a great 'face' to Frontier. The flight itself was very smooth, but the captain was very cautious when there was a chance of turbulence to warn us, get people back to seats, and lift the seatbelt sign as soon as possible. In most cases, I could tell there was a change in altitude or speed and turbulence was avoided. (I'm a nervous flyer so I appreciate that.) There is not much available in the way of food and beverages, but it seems to me that the 'happy hour' alcohol promotion 2 for 1 deals were over-promoted, and I watched people around me drink way too much and get annoyingly loud. I've certainly seen that on other airlines, but I've never seen happy hour price promotion like this. The aircraft itself was very clean and the attendants came regularly to pick up trash and remind people to get it out of the seat pocket. As to value, I wonder if making bags always paid for whether carry on or checked makes sense, since everyone staying more than one day is likely to have a bag, so why not include it in the fare? But for business there-and-back travel this could be an excellent deal. My one and only negative is that the seat was way too hard. Nice, cleanable vinyl, but almost no padding. I had to keep standing up to relieve the discomfort. I did see another flyer had brought his own inflatable seat cushion, so I might try that next time. For the price I paid, this was an excellent experience and I will absolutely attempt to find Frontier flights when my routes allow it. Glad I took the chance.
RoutePortland to Cleveland
Date FlownJune 2017

"never fly with Frontier again"

Verified Review | Was set to fly out at 5:54pm from Milwaukee to Orlando and flight got delayed 3 hours. By the time we actually took off it was 3.5hrs. Never told why the flight was delayed but airport said we had to be on time for original flight in case, so we sat there for 5 hours. Frontier sent a voucher for next time which was nice but come Tuesday when we went to fly again to come back home flight was delayed 2 hours. Asked why it was delayed and they would not say. Every other flight at the airport was still taking off on time. Got on the plane and sat another 30+mins until it finally took off. Looking back now the $50 voucher we got is not worth it at all. I will never fly with Frontier again.
RouteMilwaukee to Orlando
Date FlownJune 2017

"Not worth the cheap tickets"

Verified Review | Flew from Cincinnati to Denver. Worst airline in the business. Always delayed, sitting in the plane as I write this because the gate wasn't ready, its been 30 minutes since we landed. The seats are cramped, I'm 6'4" and I do not fit into the seat, no leg room. Tried to go to the back where there were open rows but was yelled at to sit back in my assigned seat, so the 4 rows set empty the entire flight. Not worth the cheap tickets. Would highly not recommend flying Frontier.
RouteCincinnati to Denver
Date FlownJune 2017

"never again will I fly with Frontier"

Verified Review | On my recent Frontier Airlines flight from Los Angeles back to Orlando the flight took off at 10 PM one hour into the flight it was announced we had to have to make an emergency landing in Phoenix and that they was going to dump all the fuel. As the plane came in to land the airport was littered with emergency vehicles. They then give us a $10 food voucher but nowhere was open in the airport to buy a drink or food at 3 AM. They finally found an old hotel and at 7AM we have to be back at the airport. I landed in Orlando at 5 PM - 11 hours late with no explanation of what I had happened and with a measly $200 compensation travel voucher. I lost a days pay at work which was far more than the $200 they gave me and an 11 hour delay treated like animals at the airport by there ground crew. I would never fly this airline again its the third time flying with them in the last year and all 3 delays. I can only say never again will I fly with Frontier Airlines - I would never recommend it to anybody
RouteLos Angeles to Orlando
Date FlownJune 2017

"Don't fall for low fares"

Verified Review | Philadelphia to Raleigh/Durham. Don't fall for low fares of Frontier Airline. This is a trap. You end up paying many times more. The worst airline I ever flew in my entire life. Ground staff was rude. I paid $ 60 for a small carry on (roll on bag) while others were allowed much bigger duffel bags on their backs.
RoutePhiladelphia to Raleigh/Durham
Date FlownJune 2017

"I was really disappointed"

Verified Review | Las Vegas to Austin. I had high hopes for this flight. Leaving Las Vegas I was able to check in and when I did online, it said that I would have to pay for my carry on online or it would be double at the airport. So $40 online and $80 at the airport. I paid online and got to the airport and the agent said that my bag could be a personal bag and I didn't have to pay, but they can't issue a refund. Then the flight was on time until 10 mins before boarding. Long story short, my flight was and hour late boarding and 30 minutes late getting to Austin. The flight attendant was speaking intangible on the intercom and didn't know where the flight was going all times she announced it over the intercom. To make the situation even worse, the lights completely turned off as we the passengers were exiting the airplane and it took the pilot 5 minutes to get them cackle on. Pay the extra money and get better service and communication. I was really disappointed.
RouteLas Vegas to Austin
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"have yet to be impressed"

Verified Review | I've flown Frontier a handful of times and have yet to be impressed. Today, was the piece de la resistance. I am writing this, while waiting for my baggage having flown from San Diego to Cincinnati. Because I have the time. I've had baggage delays at busy airports, not at airports that are empty, nor have I had them at airports where there is no other baggage to be loaded and sent to the claim. Yet here I stand, after having landed at the airport over an hour ago now, and having been waiting at baggage claim for an hour, to find out. They still have not dropped the baggage.
RouteSan Diego to Cincinnati

"Spend a little more"

Verified Review | Seattle to Cincinnati via Denver. My first flight was delayed over an hour with no explanation and when we finally arrived in Denver, it took an hour for us to get let off the plane. The flight attendants, however, were really accommodating (offered me a better, open seat). Due to my flight path, I was left to sleep in the Denver airport all night (really uncomfortable, very little sleep). And finally when it was time to take my next flight, the gate changed within an hour of the flight departure and my back happened to be turned away from the gate (no announcement was made and I was already confused due to the time change) and I missed the flight I had slept on the ground all night for. Exasperated, I went to the service desk and the agent informed me that "Frontier doesn't page for missing passengers." And that it would be $99 to get the next flight out. The only saving grace were that my tears and genuinely exhausted appearance must have been enough for her to show some compassion and the fee was waived. If you're thinking about flying Frontier because "it's cheaper" don't. Spend a little more. Get an airline that actually cares if you're on your flight.
RouteSeattle to Cincinnati via Denver
Date FlownJune 2017

"they gave us no updates"

Verified Review | I don't have the time or space to say everything I want to say, but I will say they are horrible and will never fly with them again. Our flight from Atlanta to Kansas was delayed. They gave us no updates as to where our plane was or when it was to be expected. They just laughed and joked around with their buddies about how "Frontier is never delayed". Obviously Frontier's staff do not have much respect for their company. Doesn't reflect well.
RouteAtlanta to Kansas