Frontier Airlines

Review by (United States)

The good price deal was a scam. You pay extra for carry on's, check-in's, seats, seat changes (even if on accident), food and even drinks except water. They charge you for everything. So there was really no savings at all. Airlines have forgotten the art of good customer service and in the future I will try to avoid Frontier.
RouteORD to IAD

Review by (United States)

It seems that the base fare is not reasonably acceptable, but actually punitive. The add on fees are basically required for any sort of convenient travel. The customer service is a total joke. I understand that it has been totally outsourced and it is evident from the lack of compassion shows to travelers after my flight was cancelled. I used to be a loyal Frontier traveler with a rewards program membership and credit card. I have since cancelled my card and gifted my several hundred thousand reward miles to friends and family. I actually feel a little guilty for this. Frontier was once my preferred airline of choice, now I'll pay in excess of a $100 premium not to fly them. This is what happens when you quit making your employees and customers a priority.
RouteMiami to Denver
Date FlownMay 2015

Review by (United States)

I purchased a ticket for my husband for his 60th birthday to fly from Cleveland, Ohio to Tampa, Fl to visit his brother. I was a bit nervous having purchased the ticket as a surprise and not knowing how things would go. However, I must say he was extremely impressed with how well things went. The flight to Tampa was on time and he said the staff was very friendly and helpful. The flight back was also enjoyable, both flights were on time and he felt the staff at both airports as well as the attendants on both flights were friendly. I would recommend.
RouteCleveland, Ohio to Tampa, FL

Review by (United States)

My first time flying on Frontier and knowing what I was going to encounter beforehand, I was impressed. Easy online check-in, quick boarding, and departure/arrival. Cabin crew were pleasant on both flights. The only thing thing that I did not like was that the "Stretch Seating" seats do not recline.
RouteIAD to LAS

Review by (United States)

Our first flight was delayed an hour and our flight back (7pm) was cancelled after waiting 6 hours upon arrival. We were already on the runway, got sent back to the gate to "fuel up" again because of a "reroute". After an hour, they open up the gate because all of a sudden, there was another technical difficulty (same for first flight) that affected all Frontier airlines nationally. After waiting 6 hours upon arrival, our flight was cancelled. All the passengers marched to the front desk to wait in a line that soon turned into a rally. The employees were poorly equipped to handle scenarios like this. They decided to call the names of 180 passengers individually to hand them their hotel vouchers. They called about 50 names then the front desk agents decided to just abadoned the rest of the customers who were left to find their hotel vouchers with their name. They did tell us before hand that we can book our own hotel and be re-imbursed afterwards. I had no choice but to just book my own.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteMiami to New York

Review by (United States)

I had no idea what I was getting into when I made reservations with Frontier. They nickel and dime you to death. We had to pay extra not only for all luggage but also for our carry-ons. We had to pay to reserve any seat except the ones in the middle. We were traveling with a child but they wouldn't let us reserve seats to ensure that one of us could sit with the child without paying. Even a cup of water cost money on the plane. They were out of the most attractive snack. They told me I had to pay for these things because I booked with Expedia, but I don't think that is true. When I needed help with the boarding passes I got a woman I could hardly understand that I talked to for 45 minutes and she still couldn't tell me how to print the boarding passes. I called again and got somebody who told me in about 7 minutes.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteIndianapolis to Portland via Denver

Review by (United States)

The ticket price was cheap, and "you get what you pay for". From New Orleans to Denver I carried a bag on, after checking in the night before, and choosing to have a random seat instead of paying an extra $13 to choose a seat. The plane was standard with standard seats and tray tables. For the return portion of my round trip ticket, it was a nightmare. These folks are after every penny they can rip you off for. 45 minutes before the take off time, they called anyone who had a carry-on up to the desk, and had not paid while checking in. I was charged $60 for a small bag, and when the 40 or so people in the line complained we were told very abrasively, we could pay or stay on the ground. There was 1 employee trying to handle all the people who would need to pay and only when we collectively complained and asked for a supervisor did they bring another person out. That person was extremely rude, and when I asked for her name she refused to give it. The family behind had checked in at the main Frontier counter, had boarding passes printed for them there, and were not charged for bags. They had to cough up $240 at the counter 20 minutes before flight departure to board the plane. I will never fly this ariline again. I think their tactics are very deceptive.
RouteDenver to New Orleans
Date FlownJuly 2015

Review by (United States)

What was "tolerable" travel on Frontier has been reduced to a form of punishment - at every level. The telephone customer service is truly the worst I have encountered - repeatedly. A simple call requires repeating the most basic information many times, only to be put on hold many times, and asked the same questions. The reps have a script that they know how to read, but beyond that, there is no actual problem solving going on. They speak English, but comprehension is lacking. I don't need to check luggage, but I end up paying another $80 for seats and luggage on top of a not so great fare. The inflight experience is another worst in US travel. A broken plastic lawn chair would provide greater comfort than the new rigid, horribly uncomfortable seats that do not recline (unless you pay another $100 round trip (or pay to bundle) for one of the 18 "stretch" seats in the first 3 rows. The web site frequently has issues. The flight crew - no complaints, no compliments. They're no different than any other airline, which is to say they tolerate us passengers.
RouteDCA to DEN

Review by (United States)

I used to like Frontier, and I would pick it over higher cost carriers. They had comfortable seats, their staff were pleasant and helpful, and I never had a problem with them. Then I flew them this weekend. It was the worst flying experience I have had. They charge you for everything, your seat, carry on luggage, a coke. We easily spent a couple of hundred dollars over the ticket price, so their "low cost" ticket turned out to be pretty expensive. Secondly, the seats are now just a frame with cheap plastic slung across it - it's very uncomfortable, they are packed in there, and you can't even recline. Thirdly, it's poorly run. At the airport, we had to wait in line for a half hour at the ticket counter, even though we had already checked in online and were just dropping off a bag. In short, pick any other airline-it will be cheaper in the end and you'll have a better experience.
RouteWashington to Denver

Review by (United States)

Absolutely horrible. The seats are unbearable. No padding and they do not recline, they squeezed in two extra rows of seats at the cost of customer comfort and the seats are comparable to a city bus. The seat back is less than 2 inches thick of molded plastic covered with 1/4 foam and material. I would have paid double instead of being on that flight.
RouteOrlando to Las Vegas