Top 100 Airlines

Frontier Airlines

"money you save isn't worth it"

Detroit to San francisco via Denver with Frontier Airlines. Held on the tarmac twice for over an hour, missed the last train because of that and had to take a $100 uber to get home. I will never fly Frontier again, save yourself the time and aggravation, the money you save isn't even remotely worth it.
RouteDTW to SFO via DEN
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"we did not hear one announcement"

They seem to be extremely understaffed. I was flying from LA to Denver, boarding time originally was 10.35am, which was then delayed to 11.35, then 12.57. I understand that issues occur and flights need to be delayed sometimes, however we did not hear one announcement about our flight. We noticed on the departure board it had moved to 3.00pm, and then all of a sudden our flight was taken off the departure screen. Every single passenger was extremely confused, and nobody could find a Frontier employee in the terminal. Once 2pm rolled around, a large group of passengers had to go back to the check-in desk to find an employee. There were two employees who did not seem to care. When we demanded vouchers they did not provide them. I eventually demanded a refund and transfered to Southwest.
RouteLAX to DEN
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"leave a lot to be desired"

I used to like flying frontier 4 years ago, used to fly into Denver quite often and the seats were comfortable. But my recent flight this month to Las Vegas was a nightmare. I blame the airline. Their new seats are nothing more than resin lawn chairs which won't recline with minimal padding. I upgraded on our return flight to reclineable seats but they were still uncomfortable. I will never fly them again. I have no problem paying for comfortable seats but even their upgrades leave a lot to be desired. They used to be good, but not anymore. I equate them with Ryanair over Europe who I will never fly. Sorry Frontier, but you have lost my business. The skimping on the seats have made them so uncomfortable that I would rather drive 24 hours to a destination than fly the hours on one of your flights.
RouteORD to LAS

"they just don't care"

Verified Review | Charlotte to Philadelphia return. Frontier Airlines are a little cheaper but their customer service is terrible, both at the airports and on the phone. My flight to Charlotte was delayed 8 hours now my flight back to Philadelphia is delayed 4 hours. They will not put you on another carrier nor offer you any options. Worst part, they just don't care. The attitude is that there are other customers out there. Ask yourself what your time is worth and pay a little more for other airlines that reward your loyalty.
RouteCLT to PHL
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"the flight time had changed"

Verified Review | Atlanta to Miami with Frontier Airlines. I booked this flight months ahead as part of a complex multi destination 3 week holiday in the USA. I arrived in Atlanta the night before the flight which was to connect me to my international flight to Madrid. I had allowed sufficient time in Miami to transfer terminals and complete the necessary security and passport clearances. When I went to check in online the night before the flight time had changed to an hour later, I had not been informed of this change. After an hour on the phone talking to two levels of management all that they offered was a credit note or to fly a day earlier. A credit note is useless to me as I live in France and departing a day earlier would mean an additional nights accomodation in Miami - they refused to refund my money despite not providing the service I had paid for.
RouteATL to MIA
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"nickle and dime you for every cent"

Verified Review | Las Vegas to Nashville with Frontier Airlines. My wife and I got tickets through Frontier because it was cheap. Well then we find out it cost $25 to check a bag and $30 to carry a bag on and prices double if you check bags at gate so you have to do it early online. As we are leaving I notice my bag fits in the personal bag category. I'm happy as can be and ask if I can get reimbursed my baggage fee. I was told no, Frontier makes you pay for everything and will not reimburse any fees already paid for baggage. They nickle and dime you for every cent. It's unreal. This is the one thing that set me off - I'm not even complaining about the fact that the people were rude and the plane was delayed on a perfectly sunny day with no weather anywhere in the continental US. We also had a 12 hour lay over which is fine. They are incredibly frustrating though. Don't fly with Frontier. The ticket may be cheap but by the time they are done with you you'll have paid more than if you just went with an airline that actually cares about you.
RouteLAS to BNA
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"turn this vacation into a nightmare"

My husband and and I booked Frontier Airlines for our vacation trip. We did not know that Frontier would turn this vacation into a nightmare. We were supposed to fly out of Orlando at 10:45am when we arrived we found out it was delayed until 6pm that night. We decided to try and catch another flight out. After talking to several employees, we finally found someone who helped us get on another flight. She was probably the only good part of Frontier. Once we arrived to San Francisco we found out our bags were lost and they stated it should be with our original which arrived the next day at 2 in the morning. Well our bags never arrived. When we told the Frontier employee he filed a claim and stated that we would receive our bags by midnight and they would let us know when it arrived. We never heard from them so my husband called multiple Frontier employees and no one could tell us where our bags are. They refuse to refund our money or pay for our inconvenience.
RouteMCO to SFO
Date FlownAugust 2016

"refund outgoing flight but not return"

Minneapolis to Chicago with Frontier Airlines. My husband and I checked our flight on the way to the airport, signed up for notices and received none, and got to our flight gate to a cancelled flight, as did many other passengers. We were offered no other flight or transportation options, terrible customer service, no in-person representatives at all, and a refund on our outgoing flight but not the return flight. Awful experience.
RouteMSP to ORD
Date FlownAugust 2016

"no guarantee they will get you home"

Verified Review | Atlanta to Salt Lake City with Frontier Airlines. Customers should note that if you choose to accept the lower cost of flying with Frontier they do not make any guarantee they will get you home in a reasonable fashion. We boarded the plane in Atlanta, taxied, sat on the runway for about an hour and then returned to the gate. As soon as we were unloaded from the plane I began calling the Frontier customer service line (a outsourced call center) to try to make it known that my husband was expected to work the following day. I also spoke to the manager at the desk in Atlanta who told me that she would make a note on my account but that nothing could be done until the flight was canceled. By 7pm that night it was determined that the fuel gauge was not working and that the replacement part would not be in that night. Thus following, the flight was canceled. We were the first ones back in line at the reservation desk where we waited for another 45 minutes. We knew that there was a flight out on Delta that night around 10:30pm that we could get my husband on unfortunately, after waiting to speak to someone at the desk regarding rescheduling, we were simply handed a piece of paper with the options of canceling for a refund (leaving us stranded in Atlanta), calling a "customer service" line to reschedule (also a call center with limited authority) with a $400 voucher or wait for a Frontier flight to get home. As we spent the next 2 hours working through these options with the hundreds of other stranded customers, we found that through the Frontier customer service line, the flight on Delta that was advertised through Delta as a $687 would actually be jacked up in price and almost $1000/ticket. For our family of 6, this option would have cost us about $3600 out of pocket. Booking a flight out through another airline the next day would have still cost us about $2000 out of pocket (after already paying $1100 to Frontier) for a one way flight. As this was just not a reasonable thing to ask any family to do, we inquired about when Frontier could get us home. The soonest flight they could get us home on was Thursday - 4 days after the time we were scheduled to be home, resume work and schedules for our children. This would not be a reasonable solution for anyone. We spent the evening trying to be calm and work with what we have been given. We talked to the manager who called corporate and were once again told there was nothing to be done. I am shocked that Frontier is able to employ people to be the punching bag at the airports for all of the stranded passengers. I am shocked that when tensions rose 7 hours after we were scheduled to depart, airport police were called to be used as Frontiers "bouncers". I am shocked that the only customer service available to passengers is a call center with very limited authority. I am shocked that as you sit on endless hold with the customer service line, the hold message is prerecorded with static followed by a pause to make the caller think they have lost the signal and thus hang up.
RouteATL to SLC
Date FlownAugust 2016

"service left much to be desired"

Verified Review | Denver to Atlanta and Atlanta to Las Vegas with Frontier Airlines. Worst flying experience so far. Nearly all of my flights including connecting flights were delayed. My last flight arrived on time but there was a 2 hour delay due to them them not knowing which gate we would depart from and "cleaning the lavatories. Airport announcers were unprofessional, often laughing during their announcements concerning the delay. The seating was very uncomfortable. It would definitely be worth taking another airline in the future. The customer service left much to be desired.
RouteDEN to ATL