Frontier Airlines

"trip started stressful and ended stressful"

Trip Verified | Our trip started stressful and ended stressful. When we were leaving from Orlando to Vegas we had a 2hrs delay because the airplane computer wasn't working and the pilot kept saying we are trying to fix it over and over again till he figured out that he has been saying the same thing for more than 45 min, then he sent people to the wrong gate. A lot of miscommunication and rude employees. On our way back to Orlando we landed in Palm Beach instead of Orlando because it was foggy according to the pilot! Then the pilot suggested to leave our belongings on the plane as we will fly soon and to leave the plane to rest. Surprise, after 2 hrs of waiting they announced that the flight would be delayed an 8 extra hrs (it was 8am and said we would fly at 3pm). Didn't buy it as they didnt seem to be sure of anything. Airplane crew left the passengers after 1hr of landing (because they punched out), the person in charge at the desk was yelling at people but thank you Frontier for the 10$ voucher meal, not even enough to feed one person. To deal with the refund they tell you good luck with their customer service. People had missed their cruise, rented vehicles (extra expenses) just to get out of the way of this horrible airline.
RouteOrlando to Las Vegas
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"never recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | Philadelphia to Tampa. I would never recommend this airline to anyone. Customer support was unwilling to work with me on a technicality, and they rarely ever have time to even answer their customer support calls. If you want a cheap flight, with loads of risk and poor quality then fly frontier airlines. I dislike the poor attitude of the workers, and the crew members.
RoutePhiladelphia to Tampa
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"Worst flight experience of my life"

Trip Verified | The flight was about 2 hours late and there were no weather delays. At the airport in Orlando, when they finally started boarding, a few people walked to the gate and an employee yelled loudly “wheelchairs only, don’t crowd the gate!” Like we were a bunch of 2 year olds. The girl announcing barely spoke English and nobody could understand her. The on-board staff rudely rushed everyone to “expedite” boarding. Not our fault they were late. The one stewardess couldn’t smile at anyone and yelled at people. There were increased parking fees in Pittsburgh due to the late flight. Then they announced “free miles” for everyone. But only if we apply for a credit card. No thanks. Never again. Worst flight experience of my life.
RouteOrlando to Pittsburgh

"Beware, don’t fly"

Trip Verified | San Antonio to Miami. Will never fly or waste money on this airline again. Worst customer service and employs were extremely rude when we were delayed over 8 hours in the same airport. No refund was offered or help to make it easy for everyone who was in a jam due to their maintenance issue. Beware, don’t fly!
RouteSan Antonio to Miami
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"they sent me a meal voucher"

Trip Verified | I got an email 30 minutes prior to boarding that my flight was cancelled, but luckily they sent me a meal voucher. Wow, thanks! I guess I'm going to need it considering I will be waiting 3 additional hours, my non-stop now has a 2 hour layover and I will be arriving to my destination 5 hours later via another airline. The reason I booked with them is because they messed up my first flight ever with them and they sent me a voucher, a voucher has now turned into a nightmare. I call customer service and am on hold for 45 minutes (due to high volume, I wonder why) get through and get put on hold again. Get to the supervisor who offers me a flight which is leaving from a city 4 hours away, and arriving even later which is supposed to be a better option? God forbid I took it, I'd arrive in Houston from Austin and they will have cancelled that one too. I am all for being cramped, limited baggage, even subpar service onboard - you get what you pay for but I can't even get that!
RouteAustin to Las Vegas
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"never fly Frontier ever again! "

Trip Verified | Denver to San Francisco. Absolute worst airline ever. First of all, don't let the cheaper fares fool you! You have to pay 45$ to check a bag and $30 for a carry on and $12 to select a seat. At this rate I should have gone with Southwest and gotten some decent service! The flight was scheduled as on time yet we took off 45 minutes after schedule with NO explanation why. The service inflight is terrible. The flight attendants spend most of the time talking over the intercom about a frontier credit card which is annoying and distracting for people trying to work/sleep! After landing we sat on the plane while at the gate for another 30 minutes. The flight was incredibly bumpy and uncomfortable! Where the heck did the tray tables go! Online check in via phone is also nearly impossible. I got off my flight so agitated. I will never fly Frontier ever again! Oh yea, and a cup of ice is $2.99.
RouteDenver to San Francisco
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"can't spare a soda or juice"

Not Verified | Portland to Dallas, First off the added charges for seats and supposedly more leg room - didn't see a difference. $2.99 for beverages in flight. I spent $350 on a flight and they can't spare a soda or juice for customers. Cannot check in early as they don't have agents available until 2 hrs prior to departure. The agents are then recycled to boarding. Baggage claim was super slow. No cabin wifi, no in flight entertainment. No plugs. Never again.
RoutePortland to Dallas
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"now have to wait 5 unwanted hours"

Trip Verified | Denver to Palm Springs. Only reason I am taking the time to write this is because I now have to wait 5 unwanted hours in the airport due to flight delays. This happened to me when I flew Frontier in May. Delays both flying to and from Mexico. This weekend (Feb 2018) we went to Palm Springs for a wedding (only there for two nights) I’ve spent the whole day Friday in the airport due to 5 hour flight delay. Now Sunday coming home guess what, a 5 hour delay! Woo! Except this time we can’t even check our bags in so we can’t grab a drink or food or anything just get to sit here. Oh guess what they offer...a $50 voucher for another frontier flight. So worth it to spend more money for any other airline just to avoid the delays (not even weather related). All to sit and wait to sit on an extremely uncomfortable terrible flight experience. Going to be so fun landing at 1am and be at work at 6am. f you fly Frontier just plan on showing up late to the airport.
RouteDenver to Palm Springs
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"I would not recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | Denver to Washington. They are horrible. Never again. They Nickle and dime you to death. Seats are very uncomfortable and don't recline. Not padded with cushion just horrible. I would be surprised if they have repeat business. I would not recommend this airline to my worst enemy.
RouteDenver to Washington

"a non-reliable airline"

Trip Verified | I purchased a trip from Omaha to San Juan via Orlando on December 2017 from Frontier Airline. I received a call from Travel One notifying me that Frontier cancel and the only option was to provide a refund. The only justification provided by the Frontier was that they decided not to flight to San Juan during July 2018 gave me no other option. I am not satisfied with their excuse. I purchased this e-tickets ahead of time to get the best deal and now I had to buy this portion of the trip and pay a lot more due to this cancelation. This is not acceptable, specially we made plans ahead to time. This is a non-reliable airline and will never use their services again.
RouteOmaha to San Juan via Orlando