Vote Now

Frontier Airlines

"customer service is less than helpful"

Verified Review | Pittsburgh to Las Vegas. If I could rate this airlines as less than a full star I would. While the staff on the airplane and at the counter at the airport were more than helpful, their customer service is less than helpful. In fact they're quite the opposite than helpful. When I bought my luggage and seat with their perks program online, they charged my debit card double once for me and for the other person in my reservation. I called immediately and they said they would refund half back to my debit card. Well two to three weeks passed and I never got it. I called and was told that it was refunded to a card that didn't belong gimme or anyone on my trip. I called back after figuring this all out and they told me that it went to my travel agents corporate credit card. I spoke with my travel agent and she said that it did not go there. I called back again and was told it can take 1 to 2 statement cycles for it to post. I work in banking so I know it doesn't take this long. Especially since on the first call they told me 7-10 days. I ended up disputing this with my bank who I also work for and it is in process of being corrected. Frontiers customer service did nothing but pass the buck off to other people and offered nothing for an inconvenience. Not to mention that they're supposed to refunded the money back to the card charged as per the agreement with Visa and MasterCard. They never even apologized for any of this. And when I spoke with a supervisor they were also less than helpful and when I asked to go above them the supervisor said there was no one else which I find extremely hard to believe. While my flight was great, the inconvenience, the rudeness, and utter incompetence of their customer service makes me never wish to fly this airline ever again.
RoutePittsburgh to Las Vegas
Date FlownMarch 2017

"could not get anything right"

Verified Review | My first flight and last flight with Frontier Airlines flying from Orlando to San Francisco. This airline could not get anything right. Their check in system via the kiosk is misleading. They will charge you for a carry on despite the fact that it is free. My family was split during the flight and we had to kindly ask a passenger to switch so I could at least sit with my 6 year old while my wife sat with our 2 year old. Then they proceeded to lose the second half of our car seat. I will refrain from reviewing their non-reclining seats, lack of wifi or screens, and nickle and diming fir all other amenities. Do not fly this airline unless you have no other choice. There are no savings just inconveniences.
RouteOrlando to San Francisco
Date FlownApril 2017

"not interested in customer service"

Verified Review | Flying from Raleigh Durham to Trenton on 4/5/17 with the upgraded “the works” package, bag was not loaded onto flight. RDU confirmed the bag was still sitting in the baggage area, after the flight landed in Trenton. Not sure how this happened, as they only run one flight out of RDU per day. Called Frontier immediately and was told the bag would be delivered on 4/6. Called on 4/6 to confirm and was told it would be delivered on 4/7, since they realized they don’t fly out of RDU on 4/6. On 4/7, called to confirm and was told it was delivered to the Trenton airport and would be sent by courier that afternoon. Received a message 2 hours later that they didn’t have delivery address, even though it was given to 3 different people, 2 in Trenton and one in Denver. Also, they were calling the back-up number of a family member because they had put in the main cell number as a fax number. Tried to call back, but no answer. Bag did not arrive on 4/7. Called Frontier on 4/8 to confirm delivery and was told it would be delivered that day. Received a call an hour later saying they don’t deliver in that area and would send by Fed Ex, with arrival scheduled for 4/11, a week after the flight. Called back to say this was unacceptable, that since they were at fault for this situation, they should rectify the problem and have it delivered on 4/8, even if it would cost them extra to hire a courier. Was told they don’t do that and the bag would arrive on 4/11, unless we drive to the airport and pick it up ourselves, which is not possible because we don’t have a car there. No apologies, no empathy, and no other options pursued. Our family has been loyal to Frontier over the years, with minor issues that were tolerated. However, this lack of customer service shows Frontier’s true colors. This airline is not interested in quality of customer service, but rather quantity of flights that can be booked and profits to be made. You are better off paying a little more for better customer service. You certainly get what you pay for with Frontier!
RouteRaleigh Durham to Trenton
Date FlownApril 2017

"disappointed in Frontier Airlines"

Unverified | St. Louis to Las Vegas. For the third time in a row, my husband and I have been extremely disappointed in Frontier Airlines. Last spring was the first time we flew with Frontier. On our way to Cancun we had no problems, however we sat on the plane for over 3 hours waiting for take off coming home, which made us late for our connecting flight. The second time we flew Frontier was to Denver, Colorado from Kansas City, MO. Once again, we had to wait over an hour after we boarded the plane because they failed to fuel the plane before passengers arrived. The third and final time we will ever fly with this airline was this previous week. Coming home from Las Vegas our flight was scheduled at 12:35 am, the airline boarded early, resulting in them refusing to let us get through security because we were "late" although we arrived over an hour before departure. Not only did we not get to board our flight, the next flight out was not until 10 am the next morning, with a 9 hour layover in Denver. Once we arrived in Denver we were informed that the take off time would be delayed 2 hours. I have NEVER been with an airline that consist of so many delayed/cancelled flights and mechanical problems than with Frontier airlines. In addition, it is absolutely insane that Frontier charges for a carry on bag, especially when they charge more for a carry on bag and a checked bag. Horrible airline and even worse customer service.
RouteSt. Louis to Las Vegas

"very good experience"

Verified Review | Pittsburgh to Las Vegas. I had a very good experience with Frontier Airlines. My flights were both early arrival time. The plane ride was smooth. The flight attendants were very nice. I bought my seats and paid for a carry on but my bill was still only $270 for both me and my daughter round trip. I am very pleased with Frontier.
RoutePittsburgh to Las Vegas
Date FlownApril 2017

"lack of empathy and responsibility"

Verified Review | San Antonio to Portland via Denver with Frontier Airlines. This review might be different than others in the sense that I was unable to even go on my trip. I was supposed to fly out of San Antonio. I got to the airport an hour and a half prior to departure with my electronic boarding passes from the Frontier app, as instructed when check-in done last night. I followed the sign that said "drop bags," since I was pre-checked. I waited in line for approximately 25-30 mins, while realizing there was something wrong because only agent was taking at least 10-15 mins with each passenger. When my turn came (40 mins prior to departure) I was informed flight had been delayed to 3pm , and possibly 4pm since plane had not left Denver. I would lose my connection to Portland. I was told I would not make my connection in Denver today, so I could take their next flight, tomorrow afternoon. I was supposed to attend a national conference in Portland the next morning. They could not place me in Portland until the following evening. There was no assistance to place me on another airline's flight because as was told "we have no alliance with any other airline." My only option, get a refund and look for another flight myself. The "refund process" was started but I was not given a receipt because I was told, "the email was sent, and once they approve it they will send you an email with information." This is supposed to be within the next 7-10 days, I was informed. I was given a screenshot as receipt by the rep, who voiced being the manager on site, but who wasn't willing to give me his name, because of security reasons? I was unable to fly another airline because my other 2 options (late night flights) would cost me U$500 one-way. Needless to say, I went home extremely frustrated and sad at the lack of empathy, ethics, or responsibility from this airline. Not to mention the many other cancellations I had to do because of this irresponsibility. Do yourself a favor, pay a little more and fly an airline that will guarantee arrival at your destination, or who would graciously assist you to get on another flight, if need be.
RouteSan Antonio to Portland via Denver

"avoid this airline"

Verified Review | Do yourself and your family a huge favor and avoid this airline. Seats are uncomfortable, checking bags at counter is a nightmare, and be prepared to wait up to an hour for luggage to come off plane. There were 100 plus people in line at Palm Beach and zero employees at the Frontier Counter less than two hours before our flight. You must check bags at counter to fly. People were running to make the flight because the line was so long. Chaos at baggage claim when we landed. Not enough handlers to remove bags. Horrible.
RoutePalm Beach to Chicago
Date FlownApril 2017

"plane was late in both directions"

Verified Review | Flew Frontier Airlines from Orlando to San Francisco. The plane was late in both directions due to non-existent weather conditions. Many other customers and myself asked for a free drink - just water, juice or something - and were refused. Plane was cold and no blankets were available. I will never fly Frontier again after this experience.
RouteOrlando to San Francisco

Frontier Airlines customer review

Verified Review | I flew from Washington DC to Denver for a business trip with Frontier Airlines and the flight was great. I will agree with others that the seats are a bit uncomfortable however there was plenty of leg room. Sure you don't get inflight entertainment but bring a book. It's also not a big deal that you have to purchase soda. You do get water complimentary and if you need snacks make sure to buy them ahead of time in the airport. The thing I don't like is that you have to pay for carry on and seat assignment but otherwise it was a good, smooth flight on a clean plane. I had a direct flight and no issues with delays. I will fly them again.
RouteWashington to Denver
Date FlownMarch 2017

"worst airline I have been on"

Verified Review | Washington to San Diego. The worst airline I have been on. I have flown with them twice since their prices were somewhat better but I think I will pay more for for a better experience with another airline. I flew the same route (Dulles, to Orlando then to San Diego) and both times my bags did not show up. Not sure what goes on but bags from dulles apparently get left in dulles and make it on the next flight which is ridiculous. They charge 40 dollars for a checked bag also which I never got refunded even though they said they would. They charge for soft drinks which every airline I've been on its usually complimentary. The seats are uncomfortable and the space is extremely small. Again, terrible experience both times I've flown and will never fly with them again.
RouteWashington to San Diego