Vote Now

Frontier Airlines

Frontier Airlines customer review

Verified Review | I flew from Washington DC to Denver for a business trip with Frontier Airlines and the flight was great. I will agree with others that the seats are a bit uncomfortable however there was plenty of leg room. Sure you don't get inflight entertainment but bring a book. It's also not a big deal that you have to purchase soda. You do get water complimentary and if you need snacks make sure to buy them ahead of time in the airport. The thing I don't like is that you have to pay for carry on and seat assignment but otherwise it was a good, smooth flight on a clean plane. I had a direct flight and no issues with delays. I will fly them again.
RouteWashington to Denver
Date FlownMarch 2017

"worst airline I have been on"

Verified Review | Washington to San Diego. The worst airline I have been on. I have flown with them twice since their prices were somewhat better but I think I will pay more for for a better experience with another airline. I flew the same route (Dulles, to Orlando then to San Diego) and both times my bags did not show up. Not sure what goes on but bags from dulles apparently get left in dulles and make it on the next flight which is ridiculous. They charge 40 dollars for a checked bag also which I never got refunded even though they said they would. They charge for soft drinks which every airline I've been on its usually complimentary. The seats are uncomfortable and the space is extremely small. Again, terrible experience both times I've flown and will never fly with them again.
RouteWashington to San Diego

"I will fly them again"

Unverified | Me and my three children took a flight from San Francisco to Washington through Denver. The process was perfect. When you book on Frontier, you need to understand the terms and conditions. Don't check a bag. Take a small carry on. Bring food and drinks, or be prepared to pay for them. Its really easy to be successful if you understand how this airline works, and that it is a discount airline. The planes were perfect, flight attendants were nice. Good experience and I will fly them again!
RouteSFO to DCA via DEN

"What a nightmare"

Verified Review | Denver to Los Angeles. What a nightmare this airline seems to be. The last two time I have used Frontier Airlines both March of 2016 and March of 2017 they have cancelled my flight and put us on a earlier flight without notifying us. In 2016 we were on a red eye flight and when I printed my boarding pass I seen they changed our flight to leave at 6pm instead of 1159pm I had one hr to get the 4 of us to the airport to catch my flight. Well this year or flight was delayed 2 hrs and we were forced to sit on the plane with no air or anything to drink. On the return flight we were on a 550pm flight returning to Denver. We got up in the morning to print boarding pass at the hotel. When we went in they again changed our flight from 550pm to 920am, we missed our flight and never had a notice it was changed. Well they could not get us on another flight into the next day, so missed work a day and had to pay for hotel for another night. We had paid for extended seating on the 550 flight but did not get it on the new flight and were told we could upgrade for 50 per seat in the same seats we already upgraded role 1 and 3. Frontiers seats are so close with no leg space so the person behind me had there legs under my seat and his boots were in the way so I could not even put my legs down without resting them on his boots! I have one more flight with Frontier coming up in May and will never fly with them again.
RouteDenver to Los Angeles

"nothing good to say"

Verified Review | Milwaukee to Salt Lake City via Denver. I will never book another flight on Frontier Airlines again. The review asks for when was the last time you flew on this airline, but my son never even got to fly out. He was supposed to fly out at 6:30 this morning for SLC and they cancelled the second part of his trip at the last minute. While they did refund his money, they were of no help getting him on another flight, so his entire trip had to be cancelled. I've spoken with a number of friends regarding this and no one seems to have nothing good to say about this airline.
RouteMilwaukee to Salt Lake City via Denver
Date FlownMarch 2017

"a very pleasurable flight"

Verified Review | Cancun to Cleveland. There was a mechanical problem that was dealt with as best they could. We were delayed but given vouchers to use for a flight in future. Yes, a delay, was inconvenient. But certainly better than having trouble in flight. Would certainly fly Frontier again. Overall a very pleasurable flight!
RouteCancun to Cleveland

"abysmal customer service"

Verified Review | Abysmal customer service. Frontier Airlines canceled our flight from Orlando to San Francisco after delaying it over and over again and all attendants disappeared. No one tried to get us accommodation or a new flight. Many passengers ended up having to pay out of pocket for a new flight and the airline is still dodging sending out reimbursement forms. Unreliable, unprofessional, and frankly uncomfortable flights. Spend the extra fifty bucks on an airline that won't leave you stranded.
RouteOrlando to San Francisco

"Absolute worst flight"

Verified Review | Las Vegas to Austin. Absolute worst flight I've ever flown. My flight was delayed 2 hrs and we were not informed until 1 min before original planned take off. We were told their system didn't update them on time. What a lousy excuse.
RouteLas Vegas to Austin
Date FlownMarch 2017

"worst airline I have ever been on"

Verified Review | Atlanta to Denver. Let me start by saying that if I could give a 0/10 I would- Frontier Arline is the worst airline I have ever been on. Plane was very uncomfortable , the flight attendance were VERY rude, and the wait for everything was unusual long! The flight attendance were rude when speaking to the passengers. The flight attendance sat in their seats for most of the flight (not a bumping flight) and were rude to passengers when they needed to use the restroom. While they were passsing out drinking my mother asked the flight attendant if she could give her a cup to throw away, the flight attendant replied "nope" and kept moving.
RouteAtlanta to Denver
Date FlownMarch 2017

"wowed by the in-flight service"

Verified Review | Chicago to Punta Cana. Normally I am not a type who would write reviews. But we were really wowed by the in-flight service we experienced. In February me, and my sister decided to take a trip to Punta Cana and meet up with our brother and his family who flew in from Europe. My sister was in-charge of booking the trip, and at first I was not happy with her choice to fly with Frontier Airlines. Frontier being a budget airline, and the reputation of nickel and dime'g by the budget airlines was kind a turn off for me specially flying international. From the moment we settled in the seat I was wrong about the perception I had of Frontier Airlines. The seats were very comfortable and one flight attendant was exceptionally friendly and kind. Hardly ever experienced the kind of friendliness and welcoming attitude from a flight attendant ever before. We constantly bugged him to buy more drinks and nuts and he was always there with a smile.
RouteChicago to Punta Cana