Frontier Airlines

"flight was actually cancelled"

Trip Verified | Grand Rapids to Philadelphia. Flight cancelled the night before I was scheduled to fly out, via email. Used the app to check-in and get through security until I finally found out that my flight was actually cancelled. I went to the Frontier desk only to be given no help in finding another flight or booking with another airline to get a flight. Terrible customer service who only handed me a piece of paper as their way of communicating. The $200 flight voucher I received means literally nothing since my flight will probably be cancelled again if I book with them. Unreliable.
RouteGrand Rapids to Philadelphia
Date FlownJuly 2018

"will never fly them again"

Trip Verified | On July 8th 2018 I was to board my flight from Pittsburgh to Denver at 7:45 p.m. at 8:30 a.m. on July 8th I received a text message that my flight at 7:45 p.m. was delayed until 9:20 p.m. I then again received a text message at 6:40 p.m. that my again flight would be delayed till 9:45 p.m. After boarding the aircraft and arriving in Denver the last flight flying to Seattle had left 10 minutes prior to my Landing in Denver, after speaking with customer service I was told that they could get me home two days later it would leave July 9th at 10:45 p.m. going to Austin Texas via one other area I do not recall then to Seattle stating that it would take me 2 days to get home. There was no compensation no Hotel no food voucher no sorries. They just did not care. They were perfectly fine stating to me that they could get me home 48 hours later from my original flight pattern. I am disgusted with this company and how they handled my situation they did not even say sorry or state or show any remorse to the fact that they delayed a flight 12 hours prior to its actual departure time they just shrugged their shoulders and asked me if they would like me to rebook. I stated to them NO, to refund me and I will take another airline in which I took Alaska Airlines which got me out of Denver within 4 hours arriving to Seattle. Alaska Airlines stepped up where Frontier failed. I could have easily have been home if they would have had their flight wait for me as I departed the aircraft which is allowed on situations like this because I know for a fact since I used to be an Airline customer service gate agent this is not something new on delayed flights and they could have had this done for me and they failed to do so. I will never fly them again.
RoutePittsburg to Seattle via Denver

"utterly unsatisfied"

Trip Verified | Completely and utterly unsatisfied. We left Vegas heading to Portland maine with a layover in Denver. In Vegas, our flight was delayed by 2 hrs. I questioned the staff if this would cause any issues with our other flight and she told me that they are holding the plane for the passengers that are to board it. We finally left Vegas at 4 am and did not get off the plane until 615am. Upon arrival, I stopped and asked someone about the plane they were holding. She looked it up and informed us that it had already left and to go to customer service. No big deal! So we went and was informed that the next available flight was Thursday morning. That would leave us stranded at the airport for 2 full days. I questioned where our luggage was and was told it was going to Portland. I told them no one would be there and how were we supposed to get it. She said they will give us a call if we haven't picked it up in 24 hrs. So now we have no luggage for 2 days. I asked if they could provide lodging where they messed up or food vouchers. The lady kept repeating the same thing, "your options are you can refund the tickets and it will be back in your account in 7 to 10 business days or you can wait til Thursday". They would not provide any accommodations even though they messed up. We went back to the lady at customer service 3 times and she told us the same things over and over again and finally that they couldn't help us. There was another person who flew on the same plane and was going to the same destination. She informed us that they paid for her to take another plane to get home today. We asked again if they could do this and we still got nothing. So now, at this point, we are stranded with no lodging, no transportation, no food, no luggage and no money to get things. We decided to go to the baggage claim because it didn't make sense that our bags caught the flight to Maine if we didnt. We asked the check bag area and they informed us our bags should be here, but no one knew where they were. At this point, I was crying mad. I called corporate and was on the phone for 45 minutes between a customer service person and a supervisor before my call was disconnected. I called back and was on the phone for another 1.5 hours with a supervisor and them finally someone higher up. In the meantime, we are still in the baggage claim and just so happened to see bags that looked like ours. 4 hours later! Finally got through to a man named that stated he would fully reimburse us if we bought tickets with another airline. 5 hours of hassle. Now we wait and see if they reimburse us. Not happy and would never recommend this airline to anyone.
RouteVegas to Portland
Date FlownJuly 2018

"seats are terribly uncomfortable"

Trip Verified | Frontier Airlines is never on time. The seats are terribly uncomfortable. It’s not like the prices are dirt cheap. This is the problem with all domestic airlines in America. Every one of them messes their customers around. Why is there always a delay of at least an hour? Why do they ask customers to be two hours early. If there’s 200 people on the plane that’s a delay of 200 hours. Is there no respect for people’s time?
RouteDenver to San Francisco

"airline is horrible"

Trip Verified | New Orleans to Raleigh Durham. This airline is horrible. Online it said my bag to check would be between $20 /25. When I got to the airport it was $45. Online it ended up being $38 (one way). The chairs were not comfortable at all and there was no room at all and I'm 5'7. I could imagine if my 6'4 boyfriend was with me. The plane looked outdated and needed major upgrades. All beverages and snacks had a fee. Even water. And the icing on the cake is when I had to wait almost an hour for my luggage when I got home because they said they were understaffed! I paid just a little less than American and delta but next time I will definitely pay an extra 150-200 for a better airline. Never again!
RouteNew Orleans to Raleigh Durham
Date FlownJuly 2018

"doesn't take care of customers"

Not Verified | Little Rock to Salt Lake City. I planned to visit my boyfriend in Salt Lake City a month ahead of time and bought my ticket from Frontier Airlines, if I had known at the time all the trouble I would have to go through I would have went with another airline. The first problem I had was on the way out to Salt Lake City, it was a delay of 3 hours in the Denver airport. This was an inconvenience, however not the end of the world. The night before my flight back to Little Rock I received an email that said my flight was cancelled and it only gave me two options, to either get a refund on the unused part of my ticket plus travel miles with Frontier (obviously I don't want to fly with Frontier ever again) or to get a refund of up to $400 if I bought a ticket with another airline plus more travel miles with Frontier. The original round-trip ticket was only $375 and I would have only gotten half of that back. So in more simple terms I was being screwed out of money since their company policy is not to pay you back in full the cost of the new ticket. The night before my flight there is no way I could have found a ticket with another airline cheaper than $400. I ended up paying $600 for my one-way ticket back home since it was so last minute. I would think with any respectable airline there would have been another option (or a full refund for the new ticket in previous options would have sufficed), to offer another flight free of charge. Frontier Airlines clearly doesn't strive to serve customers to the customer's satisfaction. They left me stranded in a city hours from my home without even the option of giving me a full refund on the new ticket I had to buy because they cancelled my flight the night before. It is very disappointing that Frontier doesn't take care of its customers and works with them.
RouteLittle Rock to Salt Lake City
Date FlownJuly 2018

"by far the worst airline"

Not Verified | Houston to Denver. Standing in line to check bags in and there is no one else in lane. This is at 4.15am. I walk up to check bags in and there are three people behind the counter just talking. So I approach the counter and the staff member rudely tells me, "well since you are already here I guess I can help you." My daugher then says, "she was a little rude." Yep Frontier Airlines at its best. This is by far the worst airline! If you can avoid flying them please do.
RouteHouston to Denver
Date FlownJuly 2018

"will not fly Frontier again"

Trip Verified | Raleigh Durham to Las Vegas. Today is my 2nd time flying and to say I'm highly disappointed in my experience thus far is an understatement. As I was sitting and enjoying an over priced ham and cheese sandwich email #1 comes in. Our 9:25pm flight was delayed until 11:25. Okay cool. 30 minutes later another email that our flight has been delayed again and will now arrive at 1am. So I'm paying for a room that I cannot stay in - money wasted, uncomfortable and tired. Next comes the announcement regarding mechanical issues and the flight crew needing to be changed and we will try to have everyone boarded by 1:30am. $400 plane ticket. Wheres the manager? Do I get a portion of the cost returned? Some credits to fly another airline? Safety is of upmost importance and with that in mind, I will not fly Frontier again.
RouteRaleigh Durham to Las Vegas
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Worst airline I have ever used"

Trip Verified | Worst airline I have ever used. I have traveled throughout Asia and Africa, and this was by far the worst airline I’ve ever used. The hidden fees add up to the price of any other major airline. You are better off with any other option than this one. Our flight was canceled 4 hours before departure to Cancun and on the way back it was massively delayed. Then their system broke down and everyone waited 1 hour to check in. No free snacks offered. No free entertainment. We were offered a credit for Frontier but I honestly will never use this airline again.
RouteCancun to Denver

"communication is key"

Trip Verified | Frontier customer service isn’t great, we had a 3 hour lay over, no information was given. We planned a trip to Orlando for a vacation with family, we had plans and we missed out on the activities that we paid for. The person on the intercom you could barely understand what he was saying, we asked to speak to manager and was told the manager was busy, then police came because there was so many people in the waiting area. It’s sad my first and last time flying Frontier and they have the nerve to charge for snacks and pop, we should have been given something for the inconvenience. Now I’m trying to return home and my gate was changed, I was not notified once again while we were in the waiting room and all you see is delayed flights. I hope I make it home today as plan I understand things happen but communication is key!
RouteChicago to Orlando