Frontier Airlines

"Won't fly Frontier again"

Verified Review | Orlando to Milwaukee. Could not get checked in online. Frustrating. The check in at airport was quick and easy. However $45 per bag is ridiculous. Flew in on another airline and it was only $25 A bag. No free beverage or snack as on all other flights I have ever taken. Plus endless announcements and even marketing campaign for their credit cards over PA system. I just wanted to read and relax not have live commercials assaulting me. Then the longest wait on baggage ever. After walking to baggage area. Walk included restroom stop which had a line. We waited at the carousel for 28 minutes before bags even began to surface for anyone. People were annoyed. Ridiculous to take that long. Won't fly Frontier again.
RouteOrlando to Milwaukee

"don't fly this airline"

Verified Review | Atlanta to Denver. The flight was supposed to depart at 8:25 am. We boarded at 9:30. We sat on the plane for an hour and was told to get off the plane. Previous estimated time of departure was 11:45, now it's 1:30. Wonder what time they'll choose next and I wonder if we'll even make it to Colorado. Oh yeah and there have been no apologies. Just rudely distributed $10.00 meal vouchers. Do yourself a favor and don't fly this airline.
RouteAtlanta to Denver
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"do anything to avoid this airline"

Verified Review | Flew Frontier Airlines from Denver to Washington Reagan. Terrible airline! I paid for the seat and the carry on bag. I ended up with a tiny tray that I couldn't work on. When I moved up one row to get a full sized tray, they charged me $50 right there on the plane. It was embarrassing. I will never use this airline again, especially for business travel. Pay more, take a layover, do anything to avoid this airline.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteDenver to Washington Reagan
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"disappointed in the overall experience"

Verified Review | Milwaukee to Denver. The $120 round trip tickets seemed like a great deal which is the only reason I booked. But as date of flight came and I had to finalize plans, I was disappointed to find that you had to then pay additional $ to choose a seat and pay for carry-on and checked luggage. (Separate charges for departing and returning flight). It was $38 for each carry-on and checked item if you paid online, $60 a piece if you paid at check-in at the airport. So flights that I purchased as a gift to my fiance because I thought I could afford $248 ended up costing me more like $450. The seats were very uncomfortable with minimal arm space and cramped leg space. If you wanted a soda or snack - you had to pay for those items seperately as well. On the way back, they called to start boarding but didn't actually start boarding, but left us in the walkway. Just standing there for 10 minutes without one person from the airline explaining what was going on. I paid extra for my seats on the flight home just to get extra leg room, $25 a seat. There really was little difference between that seat and the one I flew out on. The air blowing out from my vent above smelled like the sewage from the bathroom. All in all, disappointed in the overall experience and probably won't fly Frontier again.
RouteMilwaukee to Denver

"bad customer service"

Verified Review | 2 hour delays with one hour waiting on them to do paperwork. 5 airplanes errors. Please spend the extra money not to ride. A slow crew of unprofessional people. They turned the computers on the airplane on and off two times. Sat in darkness with no AC for 15 min. Now waiting 20 or more mins for paperwork to clear them of their bad customer service. Will never fly Frontier again.
RouteTampa to Denver

"Service was subpar"

Verified Review | Philadelphia to Portland via Denver. My wife and son had the pleasure of flying back Frontier, I hadn't planned on coming back although I did originally purchase a roudtrip ticket that i canceled and they wanted me to pay for a new ticket when i wanted to add the return back onto it. First of all we were emailed 3 or 4 times prior to actually taking the flight that our flight times and dates were changed, we ended up losing over an entire day from our planned vacation. They offered us 50$ vouchers that could be used only (towards purchase of a future ticket in the same persons name) that had no cash value, and had to be redeemed within 90 days, so basically they were useless. We also had to pay extra money for checked bags and were not offered free carryons which was aggravating. They claim you can purchase the works for an extra 99$ per person, per way, which would have been like an extra 600$ for us. However it would have allowed us to get all baggage included and cover any elective changes to our itinerary - in hind sight it might have been better to bite the bullet - heres why : we paid over 100$ for baggage, then when we wanted to changed the name of the 3rd passanger they kept changing the price on us which went up every time we called. By the time we had decided to change the name they demanded we pay a 99$ itinerary change fee a 75$ name change fee, and the difference in price of ticket from original purchase to name change +$598. We were tried making changes online and the website was all buggy, declined our cards several times for no reason - it said we'd paid out over $5,000 for our tickets and would make the same addition multiple times or simply freeze on us. Customer service was terrible even after we obtained guarentee of price hold. I am 6'1" and my knees had room, backs of the seats were gutted and totally solid - didnt have enough room to bend over and lay on the tray table. We were also forced to layover in Denver for 6 hours turning what should have been a short trip into an all day fiasco. Service was subpar, they offered nothing free except water and their was no option for wifi at all. There were meetings in the back between passengers and crew for one of the entire flights. Denver airport was excellent and being an Oregon native Id say it is better than PDX even though PDX was rated top airport in the US.
RoutePhiladelphia to Portland via Denver
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"I am extremely disappointed"

Verified Review | I was to fly Cincinnati to Ft. Lauderdale on September 7th and return September 10th. On the September 7th folks were being told to evacuate Ft. Lauderdale due to Hurricane Irma. Needless to say, I did not fly there on that day, although the flight was not cancelled? Why would anyone fly to the area, when authorities were telling folks to leave. My flight home was cancelled. I was given a refund for the return flight, but not for the flight to Ft. Lauderdale. I am extremely disappointed, even though it isn't a whole lot of money. I will be flying to Lauderdale again soon, and will think twice about my carrier.
RouteCincinnati to Ft. Lauderdale

"I lost all my money"

Verified Review | Phoenix to Detroit. I have no word to describe how bad I feel about this company. Terrible service and no focus on customer. The first time I flew with the was bad as well but I wrongly decided to give them another chance. My flight depart time was 6:25am. I got some traffic on the way to the airport and arrived at 5:50 to check a bag. I was informed that I could not because it would not make through TSA. I asked the lady what if I leave the bag (one of my friend was still around to keep it). The lady told me that I woul not make it through TSA and that the airplane would not wait for me (does it look like they double sold my seat?) Well, I decided to give a try. I open my backpack and got in the real essencial things from my to be checked bag, run run...by the way, I had my wife and son with me. We went through TSA in 5 min ran to the gate, got there at 6:14. The airplane was there but the Door was closed. I knock the door and no answer. Not a single Frontier employee around. Any other company would have somebody to help customers and let them in, even if it was 1 minute to depart. When I called the customer service they offered me another flight at 4:30pm but I would have to pay 99 dollars for each of us. I agree I was late for checking a bag, but I was at the gate on time to get in the plane. They do not refund the flight coming back, they give you credits to use in the next 3 months. As I do not plan to fly frontier ever again, it means I lost all my money and got nothing back in exchange, except trouble.
RoutePhoenix to Detroit
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"comfortably, safely and inexpensively"

Verified Review | Atlanta to Phoenix. Frontier is not luxury and does mean exactly what it says, no frills. However, it got me from Atlanta to Phoenix relatively comfortably, safely and inexpensively. The crew were courteous enough but did seem focused on selling something. Whether it be drinks, snacks or credit cards they were determined to make the extra dime. My backpack worked fine, I drank a cup of free water and got the aisles seat I wanted so I didn't spend an extra dime. Both flights were early and I arrived impressed and pleased with all the money I saved. Not a single issue to complain about!
RouteAtlanta to Phoenix

"the worst experience"

Verified Review | Cincinnati to LaGuardia. This was by far the worst experience. They charged me for a carry-on bag that was smaller than most purses. The flight home was an absolute disaster, Frontier was the only airline to cancel flights that night. The manager over the phone gave me a free hotel but the lady behind the counter refuse to honor it. And instead of resolving the issue, she continued to say no. After we slept in the airport, we finally got up the next morning and headed to our gate. Of course, everybody in the airport was apparently confused as to whether that would be at one gate or completely on the other side of the airport. I had to go through security three different times because we were mislead on which gate it would be at. After we made it home I realize that the airline broke my stroller. So I went to the lady that handles the disputes and she said that she could not do anything about it because I signed some slip saying they were not liable. Come to find out the lady behind the desk that checked my bags to begin with was the lady who initialed the slip.
RouteCincinnati to LaGuardia