Frontier Airlines

"done the worst way possible"

Trip Verified | Austin to Phoenix. Low fares done the worst way possible! Unfortunately I had to put 1 star to be able to write this review. The flight was delayed 5 times which I arrived 3:00 AM instead of 9:45pm. My baggage was delayed along with 15 other passengers for my whole 2 day flight, which in turn made my whole trip useless because everything I need for the trip was in the bag. When I tried contacting their so called customer service for a refund they were so rude, they didn't even apologize about the incident.
RouteAustin to Phoenix

"another mechanical malfunction"

Trip Verified | I flew Frontier on 4/16/18 from Trenton to Detroit for one day for an interview. My 6am flight was delayed by 4.5 hrs for a mechanical malfunction. I missed my interview. Then, the return flight that evening was delayed for 2 hrs due to another mechanical malfunction. I never got any text/email announcement regarding the delays. I now know why Frontier is so cheap — it’s not worth it even for rock bottom prices.
RouteTrenton-Mercer to Detroit

"I missed my flight"

Trip Verified | Las Vegas to Birmingham via Denver. This is the worse airline when it comes to missing your flight. I missed my flight due to military duty and they told me there’s nothing they can do about it. A customer service representative told me I couldn’t be comp for a flight back home I have to take my flight that I missed as a loss. I never received any early check in emails or my flight is coming up also.
RouteLas Vegas to Birmingham via Denver
Date FlownApril 2018

"get exactly what you pay for"

Trip Verified | Providence to Charlotte. This was my first time using this airlines. And I've read hundreds of negative reviews, but you get exactly what you pay for. The flight attendants were nothing but wonderful. Very polite to me and my 4 year old daughter. The plane itself is on the bigger side, so if you get motion sick don't sit behind the wing in the middle. That's where we sat, and you could easily feel the drops in pressure there. We were fine, but if you do get motion sick it's not the spot for you . Overall good experience and I would recommend them to my family and friends
RouteProvidence to Charlotte

"not fly Frontier again"

Milwaukee to Denver. Will not fly Frontier again. Every flight I have flown in the last 2 weeks has been delayed by hours. Missed a funeral because they were missing a pilot. They offered no compensation, didn't even show any concern “ wasn’t their problem”.
RouteMilwaukee to Denver
Date FlownApril 2018

"they made him get off the plane"

Trip Verified | I'm writing this review in behalf of my son. He was flying from Salt Lake City to Providence via Denver. My son has Multiple Sclerosis. Which he has a hard time with his balance and he slurs when he is stressed. The airline took his carry-on when he boarded the plane in Salt Lake to Denver which had ll his medicine in it. When he tried to board in Denver, (he has tattoos and a man bun) they said he was intoxicated. The crew was afraid that he would become unruly since they assumed he was intoxicated they made him get off the plane. Mind you his MS meds were in the carry-on that they made him check at the gate. My son called me very upset. All Frontier Airlines told me all they could do was put him on the next flight to Providence which was Sunday night at 11:55pm which he was already been in Denver's airport since 10:30 Saturday night. They were no help at all.
RouteSalt Lake City to Providence via Denver
Date FlownApril 2018

"they cancelled the flight"

Trip Verified | Providence to Tampa. Flight was originally set for 10:00 in the morning, had bought the tickets 5 months in advance, the week before they delayed the flight until 12:00, the day of the flight the delayed the flight 3 more times until it wasn’t departing until 4:00. My family waited for 3 hours until they cancelled the flight. Customer service was terrible and they did not even apologize for the inconvenience, no benefits were given, nothing. Terrible airline.
RouteProvidence to Tampa
Date FlownApril 2018

"a week to get my money back"

Trip Verified | My husband and I were flying today from Raleigh Durham to San Antonio to attend our grand daughter's first birthday. There are only two flights per week out of Raleigh Durham, Fridays and Mondays, so Raleigh Durham isn't very important to Frontier. Our flight was delayed from 2pm to 5pm. After checking in at the airport, we were notified the flight had been delayed until 7:00. Thirty minutes later an update said the delay was 8pm, then 9pm. There was no other notification. When I went to the desk, I was informed the flight was cancelled. We could re-book for the next day, getting us in to SAT after our grand daughter's birthday party. We chose to take a refund, which will come in "five to seven business days". Funny, how Frontier Airlines takes my money immediately when booking, but it takes a week to get my money back.
RouteRaleigh Durham to San Antonio
Date FlownNovember 2017

"never fly Frontier ever again"

Trip Verified | San Antonio to Cincinnati. I arrived 2 hours early and the plane got delayed 5 hours due to two separate malfunctions. They did not inform us on what the problem was the first time. When the first issue was resolved we boarded the plane and then another issue developed and we got off the plane and waited again. The second issue was apparently a “light” problem that took another hour to resolve. We were set to leave at 3:20pm and after many text updates stating the delays in 30 minute intervals we will apparently not leave until 8:40pm. I will never fly nor recommend Frontier ever again.
RouteSan Antonio to Cincinnati
Date FlownApril 2018

"never fly with Frontier again"

Trip Verified | Pittsburgh to Salt Lake City via Denver. This was the worst travel experience I have ever been through. I booked my flight months in advance. I was supposed to have a one hour layover. One month before my flight, Frontier emails me saying they changed my flight. So I then I was supposed to leave four hours earlier and have a four hour layover. Okay. I planned my flight around work and wouldn’t have chosen that flight had I known it would be leaving that early. Couldn’t ever get a hold of customer service. Sat on hold multiple times for 40+ minutes listening to them tell me “lines are busy”. So then, day of flight, the flight got delayed three times just in that day. I sat in the Denver airport for eight hours. Terrible experience and terrible customer service. I will never fly with Frontier again.
RoutePittsburgh to Salt Lake City via Denver