Frontier Airlines

"never fly Frontier again"

Verified Review | On a flight from Atlanta to Orlando on Oct 10 at 8pm, the plane boarded half an hour after the scheduled boarding time, with no update made to waiting passengers. I was refused to allow my check-in bag I paid for to be brought on the plane, though it fit in the overhead compartment, and I was verbatim told by another flight attendant there was "plenty of room" in the compartments after everyone had boarded. I had to take out my large iMac from my bag (forced to check the bag separately) and place my computer in the compartment with no protection. This is not a laptop - this is a large screen expensive desktop. The rude attendant who told me the bag is not coming on the flight even mentioned that she was chatting with another employee that they thought my bag was too big when we were waiting on board. Nothing was said to me during the extra ~30 min we were just sitting for the plane to open. I rode a Spirit flight earlier the same day, with the same exact baggage and had no problems. My four year old had to use the restroom after the plane had taxied to where we were going to take off (I had taken her immediately before boarding, but she is four... she had to go again.) As it looked like we would be sitting for a while and we were seated at the back of the plane, I asked an attendant if my daughter could use the bathroom. He audibly let out a frustrated sigh, agitatedly picked up the phone and exclaimed "We're going to have to stop the plane!" I waved him off, and told him she would wait, in order to avoid holding the plane. My four year old is now crying in the seat, doing everything she could to not wet her pants. Everyone around us could hear how upset she was. The plane continued to sit in the same place long enough that she could have gone to the bathroom at least 3 times. It literally would not have taken that long at all, she is 4 years old, there was absolutely no compassion from this attendant, and I was met with irritation, when I was already in an unfortunate situation I had no control over. I will never fly Frontier again. Every single person I encountered on this flight that worked for Frontier was rude and had no concept of customer service.
RouteAtlanta to Orlando

"A terrible attitude"

Verified Review | San Francisco to Orlando. A terrible attitude by flight attendants and agents and terrible seats! Upon booking the flight, we were told to arrive 3 hours prior to boarding. However, upon arrival, their ticketing desk didn't open until only 2 hours prior. Of course, their bargain-basement concourse had no food/services or available outside the security checkpoints, and no way to check baggage until their window opened. By the time they opened the ticketing 10 mins later than posted and we checked our baggage and waited in the security line, we were running with our 6 year old to make the gate on time. When I mentioned this to the surly attendant scowling at us for "pushing our luck" I was simply told "to get it together." Absolutely outrageous and unprofessional. To make things worse, the only non-stop flight available was an overnight/red eye, and we were more than dismayed to learn upon boarding that none of the seats reclined, unless you had paid additional in advance for the "Stretch Seating" option This should have been made more clear at the point of purchase (on their website.) This was the most uncomfortable flight my family of three has ever endured (and we like to travel.) Even worse, while we were in FL visiting the inlaws, our home neighborhood in Santa Rosa was evacuated due to wildfires. We attempted to alter our return date, since we had only a damaged house to return to and very unhealthy air quality. I would have preferred my daughter and wife to remain in FL with her parents while I went home to deal with our losses. Frontier was incredibly unsympathetic and unwilling to suspend any of their extravagant fees for altering our flight. A doctor's note for a simple illness would suffice, but a national disaster area does not. Heartless unyielding policies are exactly what brings public animosity upon these mega corps. I can understand paying differences in fares, but profiting off a natural disaster by charging "change fees" is absolutely heartless and cruel. In the end, it will be cheaper to keep our flights as scheduled, put my family in a motel room and purchase respiration filters to deal with the poor air, rather than remain safely with the inlaws for a few extra days. I can't wait to give their representative a piece of my mind at the counter tomorrow when we get there.
RouteSan Francisco to Orlando
Date FlownOctober 2017

"fly with a different airline"

Verified Review | Bad staff. Bad airline and just horrible. Flight from Atlanta to Las Vegas was delayed 3 times. Was suppose to leave at 8pm but didn’t leave until midnight. Leaving Vegas was worse! Flight was suppose to leave at 11:40 and got delayed twice. They finally got us boarded on the plane at 1:20 in the morning just to tell us the captain was sleepy and didn’t think he would be able to fly. They issued meal vouchers for $10 (mind you, we are at an airport where prices are much more expensive than normal and $10 was nothing). Wasn’t able to get us into a hotel until 4am in the morning and the next available flight they could get us on would be 1pm the next day. Missed work, had to pay extra for parking back home because I had to pay for an extra day. Extra money spent on food when I have food at home, running on only 3 hours of sleep. Pay the extra money and fly with a different airline!
RouteAtlanta to Las Vegas
Date FlownOctober 2017

"gladly take my business elsewhere"

Verified Review | I bought a return flight from Chicago to San Diego about 3 months prior. I was attending a childhood friend's wedding and what should have been a nice weekend ended in such a headache. My returning flight was on a Sunday at 4.50 pm. Once I got to the airport they told me that I had missed my flight, that it was at 6.30 am. Turns out they rescheduled my flight for an early flight and said they could do nothing about it. I was in town for 2 days at a wedding I wasn't checking my email constantly. When I've had changes with other airlines they send me notification texts. Its not like Frontier didn't have my cell number. A 10 hour flight change is not a little inconvenience, its missing a whole day. And here I thought Spirit Airlines was the worst, well Frontier just took that seat. I will pay the extra money I have to pay for another airline and never fly Frontier again. I ended up paying for two one way tickets anyway, so in order to avoid another headache and hours at the airport, I will gladly take my business elsewhere.
RouteChicago, IL to San Diego, CA

"everyone was friendly"

Verified Review | Las Vegas to Nashville. Before booking with Frontier I read the reviews. Most were negative. I decided to book anyway and I am glad I did. Our flight was not only on time but early arriving in Nashville. The check in was easy and everyone was friendly. Because I had researched I knew I needed to buy my seat, pay ahead for checked bags and bring my own snacks. Because of the great experience and the low prices I will be flying with Frontier again.
RouteLas Vegas to Nashville

"I was not impressed"

Verified Review | Flew Denver to Minneapolis. I normally never have a problem with flying Frontier but for this flight they changed the departure and return time by over 2 hours. We were supposed to leave Friday night at 6pm and they changed the flight to 8.30pm. The flight was late by an hour to boot. There was never any explanation or "sorry for any inconvenience". All employees acted as if this was completely normal. I was not impressed and will do my best not to deal with Frontier in the future.
RouteDenver to Minneapolis
Date FlownOctober 2017

"thank you for making my trip a good experience"

Verified Review | Las Vegas to Memphis. I missed my flight on September 30 and was rebooked for the 2 October. My past experience with flying haven't always been great, but this one was amazing. Yes my flight was delayed a few times due to the massacre there but we were giving food vouchers twice, we were in the safest place in the city and keep informed. The crew both ways were wonderful and the pilots were amazing. Just wanted to say thank you for making my trip a good experience.
RouteLas Vegas to Memphis
Date FlownOctober 2017

"isn't holding themselves accountable "

Verified Review | Minneapolis to Cincinnati. I purchased a ticket for my father, a disabled veteran and the baggage scales admin at Minneapolis told my father his bag weighed too much and made him pay $20 cash. She was extremely rude to him and also didn't attach any baggage ticket to his suitcase right in front of him. His bag was lost for two days after landing in CVG so he had no clothes and no money when he arrived. All my dad had was his very small backpack, which under Frontier's website says is free and they refuse to refund us for the entire cost of the luggage and carryon, which wasn't used. They claim they have no record of my father being charged $20 for his "overweight" bag. I was told via email that we would receive a $25 dollar refund and a $100 voucher to fly again. We will definitely use Southwest or Delta instead on any future trips. Nobody should be treated the way that my father was. He was taken advantage of and Frontier isn't holding themselves accountable for their employees. Shame, because if their customer service was better and they weeded out these bad employees they could actually be a great airline.
RouteMinneapolis to Cincinnati
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Won't fly Frontier again"

Verified Review | Orlando to Milwaukee. Could not get checked in online. Frustrating. The check in at airport was quick and easy. However $45 per bag is ridiculous. Flew in on another airline and it was only $25 A bag. No free beverage or snack as on all other flights I have ever taken. Plus endless announcements and even marketing campaign for their credit cards over PA system. I just wanted to read and relax not have live commercials assaulting me. Then the longest wait on baggage ever. After walking to baggage area. Walk included restroom stop which had a line. We waited at the carousel for 28 minutes before bags even began to surface for anyone. People were annoyed. Ridiculous to take that long. Won't fly Frontier again.
RouteOrlando to Milwaukee

"don't fly this airline"

Verified Review | Atlanta to Denver. The flight was supposed to depart at 8:25 am. We boarded at 9:30. We sat on the plane for an hour and was told to get off the plane. Previous estimated time of departure was 11:45, now it's 1:30. Wonder what time they'll choose next and I wonder if we'll even make it to Colorado. Oh yeah and there have been no apologies. Just rudely distributed $10.00 meal vouchers. Do yourself a favor and don't fly this airline.
RouteAtlanta to Denver