Frontier Airlines

"terrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Austin to Charlotte. I have never flown with Frontier by choice before. This was my first time purchasing a ticket to fly with Frontier Airlines. I know that it will also be my last. The flight was initially delayed for a tire change. It was a 6:30am flight. It wasn’t until 6:15 (boarding time) that the passengers were given this information and told hat it would be another 45 minutes until boarding. At 7am an agent was sitting at the Frontier ticketing desk wearing the frontier logo and just sat there watching all of the passengers waiting to board. I approached her and asked if there was any update. She answered that tires are pretty important and take time. I replied that I knew this but would appreciate some kind of update being that the quoted 45 minute delay had already passed. She said “ok” and proceeded to sit. Moments later she left the desk and went behind the door to the on ramp and never came back. We didn’t leave until 8am and didn’t arrive to my destination until 1 hour and 45 minutes later. This was one of the worst flights with poor communication and terrible customer service. I don’t foresee a successful future for Frontier Airlines and will never recommend them.
RouteAustin to Charlotte
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"never use Frontier again"

Not Verified | My husband and son had a flight home from Austin, Texas today. They got to the airport and found out it was delayed. They kept delaying it more and more. When I called customer service they told me the flight from Atlanta to New York had air conditioning issues. So I said “what has that got to do with anything”? I asked where the plane was at the moment and they had no clue. The plane finally left 4 hours later. It was a connecting flight at Cincinnati but they didn’t have to get off the plane. Meanwhile online they had all the wrong times when the flight was leaving even after it left. It was delayed in Cincinnati for about 1 1/2 hours. I had to pick them up so after it finally departed I checked online to see when it was going to arrive. Needless to say it had it 1/2 hour after takeoff but it’s a 2 hour flight. So I called customer service again, which is outsourced to the Philippines (which I don’t care if they knew what they were doing) and she said the plane was arriving at 10:20 and it 10:40 and they just departed. I was so angry that I said to the girl “why aren’t your computers updated. That’s very dangerous for people on the ground trying to get information on their loved one 35000 mile in the air. Your website is wrong and you don’t have the proper information either”. She put me on hold and came back with a more reasonable time. So now I have to pick them up at 2:00 in the morning. So I will never use Frontier again and don’t recommend them. Also after you add in the luggage and seat it’s almost as much as any other airline.
RouteAustin to New York
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"chaotic and very unprofessional"

Trip Verified | After long delays, the flight, scheduled for 9:21 pm was canceled. The situation that evolved later was chaotic and very unprofessional. Staff were confused, gave contradictory information and were extremely rude. There were no refreshments offered despite the many hours we had to spend at the gate to be informed about our options. We were given a one night stay at a hotel. no provisions were made to help us out.
RouteWashington to Las Vegas
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"this exceeds my expectations"

Trip Verified | This airline deserves more than its rating! I've been flying with Frontier Airlines for a while. I'm a frequent traveler and this exceeds my expectations a lot in terms of low fare budget airlines. They are not your typical expensive airline so their perks aren't as many as Delta for example, but for what you pay it's much more.
RouteSan Juan to Atlanta
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"never attempt to fly Frontier again"

Trip Verified | Canceled first flight 1 hr before and no one knew why with no other flight options except for days later. Do not recommend booking that same flight option (it’ll get changed too.) you only get reimbursed up to so much. Had to book with other line to get to my destination. So more $$ for one way. And surprise to go back home 10 days later the red eye flight gets delayed - try to see someone at a counter., no one came had to call - now sitting overnight in hopes it takes off next option in am. If canceled next flight option is 4 days from now! If delayed due to weather etc, then understandable but neither of these situations Are even answer. I am by myself and can suck it up sleeping at an airport but if I had kids this would truly be a nightmare. you have to call for any chance, but they do nothing there either. I’m curious if I’ll even get to be on a frontier flight. I truly will never attempt to fly Frontier again.
RouteSeattle to Denver
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"I don't care attitude about it"

Trip Verified | I picked this flight from Denver to Miami to surprise a friend of mine. Got delayed twice. Asked why and they just said the plane hasnt left yet. Over 3 hours of delay. Still waiting to see if I get delayed again. Options is get my money back or get a food voucher. All food places are closed now. Just stay away from Frontier Airlines unless you have hours to kill in an airport. Happens so often that customer service has an I don't care attitude about it. I hope they fix the problems or go out of business.
RouteDenver to Miami

"friendly and helpful"

Trip Verified | St Louis to Las Vegas return. Flight left on time and arrived in Vegas earlier than expected. Left Vegas about 20 minutes later than departure time but that was no biggie. Pilots were informative on both flights and flight attendants were friendly and helpful with assistance.
RouteSt Louis to Las Vegas
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"cabin crew were efficient and attentive"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | This was the best option I had to fly from Orlando to Las Vegas without any layovers and after reading the negative reviews, I went on the plane with butterflies in my stomach (the nervous and painful kind and not the high school crush coming closer kind). I was actually pleased with how smooth the trip went. We flew on time and reached Vegas ahead of schedule. The cabin crew were efficient and attentive and although the seats felt like sitting in a school cafeteria, I didn’t mind them much. I will never forget the moment the female cabin crew picked up the phone and said “yeah, Las Vegas baby” as it was iconic. I didn’t go wrong when choosing Frontier Airlines. Also, I really appreciate the flexibility and the ability to add extra options and perks like extra checked and carry on bags, etc... whenever you feel like it with very reasonable prices.
RouteOrlando to Las Vegas

"Run the other way"

Trip Verified | Where do I start? They charge you for carry-ons. In Denver, there were 8 or 9 desks with only one person accepting checked bags (which they also make you pay for) and a line of more than 50 people! We got to the airport 2.5 hours early and barely made our flight on time. Almost everyone we dealt with from Frontier was rude and/or ambivalent, and they went the extra mile to make sure we felt like cattle. The seats were barely more comfortable than standing and even the tray tables are pathetic. I knew going in it wasn't going to be amazing, but wow was I surprised at just how patently horrific it was to fly on Frontier. Next time I fly, I am going to pay extra to Alaska Airlines, just because they are not Frontier. I will never, ever fly this airline again, in fact, I would prefer riding a seatless bicycle to Denver than flying Frontier Airlines, and that's not hyperbole. With all of their hidden fees and charges, you end up paying more than you would to fly a decent airline anyway. Run the other way away from this awful business.
RoutePortland to Denver
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"I will fly again with Frontier"

Trip Verified | I scheduled a surprise day trip for my son’s 10th birthday to Denver from Dallas (leaving and coming back on same day). He had never flown before and was super excited. We got to airport before 5am only to discover about an hour later that the flight was delayed until 10:30am (not sure if airline was at fault or not). Although the wait was bad it effectively ruined our trip bc I had planned to drive to Breckenridge and spend only 5-6 hours at their adventure park so we could make it back for the return flight. As a result of the delay, we drove up there but only had less than an hour before having to drive back to the airport and drop of the rental car. This trip was pretty much a bust. I emailed customer service and was impressed that I received a response the next day (Sunday) who really took the time to express his apologies and sympathy for my son’s big day being ruined - very long email and was quite personable. I didn’t expect that personal touch which was appreciated along with the vouchers they sent to cover a future flight. That level of customer service is rarely seen these days at larger companies which is why I will fly again with Frontier which I probably would not have before receiving that response.
RouteDallas to Denver