Frontier Airlines

"I missed this flight"

Trip Verified | San Diego to Tulsa. Worst experience in all my years of travel. To start, I couldn't get the online app to work on my phone for mobile checkin. Next - get to the airport and this airline charges me $45 for a carry on bag. Just one normal bag that every other airline allows me to carry on for free. Next, get on the plane and seats don't recline, not even a little bit. Then - I get to the airport to for my return flight. I arrived in plenty of time to make the flight, probably 40-45 minutes before the scheduled take off time. Because I fly all the time, I was very confident that since the flight was 7.10am and there was no long security line, that I would have time. I arrived to the airport to find out that nobody was at the checkin desk - the checkin kiosk would NOT allow me to check in. I was not the only person standing there wondering why nobody was there to check people in to the flight. Ultimately, I missed this flight - and by the way people, they only have 1 direct flight a day to many destinations. I had to call my company to book another flight for me and luckily I didn't have to pay for it.
RouteSan Diego to Tulsa
Date FlownJuly 2018

"never fly Frontier again"

Trip Verified | We flew from Washington DC to San Francisco via Denver. The first leg of the trip was fine but things really went awry on our evening connecting flight to SF: as we were getting ready to take off, a delay was announced due to a computer malfunction. After sitting on the plane for another hour or so, our flight was cancelled - at 11pm! The next Denver to SF flight on Frontier would not be for another 2 days. We had to to retrieve our bags from another terminal, arrange & pay for a flight on another carrier and slept overnight on the floor of the Denver airport as Frontier was unable to assist with any hotel accommodations. We travel 1-3 times a year but we will never fly Frontier again.
RouteWashington DC to San Francisco via Denver
Date FlownJuly 2018

"little to no customer service"

Trip Verified | Denver to San Francisco. Frontier has little to no customer service. On both my departing and returning flights the people loading the plain were extremely rude. Not only were both flights delayed each way but when we asked what the problem was the frontier representatives told us to mind or own business. I couldn't believe the way these people treat their customers. They should be ashamed of themselves.
RouteDenver to San Francisco
Date FlownJuly 2018

"the seats were terrible"

Trip Verified | Worst airline ever! Packed a carry on for my trip to avoid fees, ended up having to pay double the amount any other airlines would have charged. Carry on cost $52, the same to check a bag. Flight was slightly delayed in Cancun to Denver, which was fine. But the seats were terrible, they don’t recline, no complimentary beverages or snacks and spent 45 min on the tarmac waiting for a terminal to open up. Upon landing, I received an e-mail saying our connecting flight was delayed an hour and a half, well that time came and went. Our flight was then further delayed, totalling 2.5 hour delay, only because the airlines didn’t have the name of the flight attendants on a sheet of paper, therefore they were not allowed aboard. We now are taking a red eye back home and had to be up for work early, with no sleep and a terrible experience. I will forever stay true to Alaska Airlines! They get it right and so do many others, there is no reason they can’t figure It out. Get a clue. I’ve now researched Frontier Airlines and see that I’m just another millionth customer with the same experience.
RouteCancun to Portland, Oregon
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Customer service was terrible"

Trip Verified | I will never fly Frontier again. First of all it is not a savings because you end up paying more with your baggage so you might as well fly a professional flight like Delta or Southwest and forget all the hassle. Customer service was terrible they don't know how to treat people, they try to fool people with the baggage. So make sure you read all the fine print, it was awful. I flew Frontier for my company to find out should my company use their outline and I told them no never and my company fly out every week. The only thing nice about Frontier was the pilots and that was it.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteNew York to Atlanta
Date FlownJuly 2018

"will never fly Frontier again"

Trip Verified | Customer service is awful and unapologetic. I get that flights are delayed for several reasons. My return flight from PWM to SEA (with layover in DEN) was delayed due to mechanical error. The flight was already delayed before we were even made aware of this. We then boarded the plane, wait some time, and then were told about the mechanical issue, and so had to de-board the plane. After an even longer wait time, they had to manually check us in and re-board, so that was slow and unorganized. Communication was so poor and customer service was rude. A lot of us missed our connecting flight. We were given the option to continue to DEN and figure out the rest there; or, get a refund and book thru another airline, with flights leaving the next day (I’ll breakdown prices later). Most of us opted for DEN bc the refund deal was terrible. Finally at DEN, we had to wait in the plane while they find a terminal, and then wait in line at customer service to figure out our connecting flights. There were >30 people in line and one person at customer service. When a few of us called customer service, we were told they couldn’t help us over the phone and that we had to deal with this in person. I finally get to the desk past midnight, and my options were to book the next flight to SEA (which was 24 hrs later. I got a hotel voucher for up to $150, but it being midnight, the hotels available were twice the cost. And I had to call around different concierge desks and find/book the hotel myself; no help from Frontier), get on an earlier plane to Portland, OR but figure out the rest of the way back to Seattle on my own and at my cost, or partial refund and book with another airline. Speaking of refunds, here were the options and prices given to me: My total round trip flight was $502.90, after added fees for carry-on, check-in, and seat selection. Partial refund for return flight from PWM to SEA (so this should be half the total): $180 Soonest flight from PWM to SEA on another airline: $415 cheapest, leaving next day Partial refund for return flight from DEN to SEA (so this should be a quarter of the total): per the lady at customer service, “You’d be lucky if you got $80” Soonest flight from DEN to SEA on another airline: $256 leaving the next morning w/ no layovers. $228 leaving the next evening w/ layovers As I stated earlier, I opted for booking the next flight and found a hotel. When I asked the customer service lady where I can retrieve my checked-in bag, she looked at my condescendingly and said, “why would you need that?” After explaining the obvious (by this point, it was 1:30AM and my flight was at 10PM), she said I could get someone to retrieve it, but that it’s be another hour and a half. This was an awful experience! I will never fly Frontier again.
RoutePortland to Denver

"they nickel and dime"

Not Verified | Cincinnati to San Diego. Initially, the price seems great, but they nickel and dime you on bags, drinks, and seat assignments. Our flight was delayed as was the other Frontier flight that was leaving our gate.These were the first two flights of the day! After we boarded, we were then told to that they had more work to do on the "placard," so we had to exit the plane. After my experience and reading the other reviews, this seems like the norm for this airline. Spend the extra, you get what you pay for.
RouteCincinnati to San Diego
Date FlownJuly 2018

"you get what you pay for"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Detroit. We were notified 4:00 a.m via text and email that our return flight home from Orlando had been cancelled. We received no explanation of why it was cancelled. We called the Frontier to get more information and was told that flight had been cancelled and we would have to book another flight, we attempted to do so to realize there were no other flights until tomorrow. This being unacceptable and not an option for us to stay another night we explained we could not do this, and was told if we had to book with another flight we would have to make sure we completed documentation for refund and what carrier we had to go through. We were truly upset that the only flight we could find that could accommodate was going to cost us more than the original full trip airfare we paid. We received an email about a voucher we could use for up to 90 days that simply said sorry for inconvenience. Why would we want to fly Frontier ever again, when you couldn't provide us with professional customer service to get us home? Then told we will not get reimbursed for 4 to 6 weeks. Horrible customer service even after asking to speak with a manager, they seemed so unaffected by the lives of our family members and we had kids. What if we didn't have the money to get back home, I guess we would have just been stranded until we did. Delta was friendly, but much higher cost. I guess you get what you pay for. Never Again and we better get our money refunded!
RouteOrlando to Detroit
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Inattentive staff, overbooked flights"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Colorado Springs. Inattentive staff, overbooked flights, and inadequate compensation after being told they no longer have seats available. My wife and I flew out of Colorado Springs, arriving early and being the only people at the counter. We stood at the counter while the attendant worked on her computer for a solid 2 minutes, having looked briefly at us, but not acknowledging us in any other manner. At first I thought she was finishing something that couldn't wait, but she said nothing, shuffled papers around, and continue until I spoke up and said I like to check in. She looked to her right as if there was supposed to be someone that was going to come over to her counter and help us. Since the Frontier website wasn't letting me pre-check early that day we got the worst seats in the plane, which were at the back near the toilets and unable to recline. On the flight we sat two rows behind a group of women that talked loudly, laughing and carrying on long after the lights had gone out (this was a late night flight). People were irritated, and the couple in front of us asked the people to be quiet, and they quieted down for a bit before gradually getting louder. The staff made no attempt to remedy the situation. What really angered me, and will make this the first and last time I try to save a buck by flying Frontier, is on the on the way back to Colorado Springs from Chicago. This is a domestic flight, so we arrived an hour before our flight, and when checking in were told that we'd need to go the gate to get seats assigned. We went and got there about 15 minutes before boarding only to find out that we didn't have seats. We had an international flight the following morning and they attempted to get someone to switch with us, but no luck. We ended up getting reimbursed for the return flight, plus some cash, which was still $200 less than the cost of the tickets we had to buy in order to catch our flight the following day. Yes, we ended up paying more than original tickets due to their incompetence. The counter staff was polite and helpful in Chicago, and obviously as irritated with the situation as we were as they has to deal with other people in a similar situation. So in summation, terrible service at the counter in Colorado Springs, terrible in-flight service, and awful customer relations. When you pay for a product you expect to receive it. If you can't deliver your product then what good is your business? Frontier is the absolute worse airline I have ever flown and I will gladly pay an extra hundred on my next flight in order to not have to deal with them again. I can only give a 2 star for ground service because the Chicago staff was quite patient and apologetic. Everything else is a solid 1, and the overall would be zero if I could.
RouteChicago to Colorado Springs
Date FlownJune 2018

"worst airline I've experienced"

Trip Verified | Austin to Orlando. I want this to be a simple review and so this airline is by far the worst airline I've experienced. My flight was cancelled twice, and I was given a $200 voucher because of the inconvenience. Not only that, I'm flying away from TX because my husband deploys in 2 days and I've tried calling about 10 times (still trying to get in contact with a rep.) and still nothing. There's nothing but an automated lady given you options to choose or say and then nothing happens thereafter. My flight was booked incorrectly for the day after it was cancelled instead of the day after the day on the newly booked flight. I've spoken to the rep. who assisted me in the airport and he also booked my flight incorrectly which is the flight that got cancelled in the first place. I'm traveling with my 1 year old daughter, which already makes it a little harder, and then I have to deal with the inconvenience of this airlines' approach for their customer.
RouteAustin to Orlando