Qatar Airways

"I found the food awful"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | Auckland to Warsaw via Doha. Very good customer service on board however before no way I could get an answer to my questions. I found the food awful especially from Auckland. It is the shame such a big airline to serve such horrible food!
RouteAuckland to Warsaw via Doha
Date FlownMay 2017

"our fare was promotional"

Verified Review | Bangkok to Dublin via Doha with a 16hr layover. At the time of booking we contacted Qatar Airways customer service to ask if we could avail of their complimentary hotel stay in the airport for our long layover. We were told that we could avail of this service on the day we arrive in Doha by a customer service representative on the phone. On arrival in Doha today we were told that our fare was promotional and we are not eligible for the hotel, meaning we are stuck in the airport for the next 16hrs. The staff were unapologetic and offered us no alternatives other than paying for hotels with our own money. The flight was disappointing WITH mediocre food and hard seats. The only staff who were very nice and helpful were at the city tour desks.
RouteBangkok to Dublin via Doha
Date FlownAugust 2017

"I'll certainly be flying with them again"

Verified Review | Flew Edinburgh to Melbourne Australia via Doha. The staff on Qatar Airways have to be commended. They work so hard and never seem to stop the whole time and every one of them do so with a smile on their faces. Comfortable flight, food comes non stop with snacks and refreshments in between main meals. This is the second long haul round trip I've had with Qatar and I'll certainly be flying with them again.
RouteEdinburgh to Melbourne Australia via Doha

"completely understaffed"

Verified Review | I was scheduled to fly yesterday from Atlanta to Chennai via Doha. After all check-in, security clearance process, I was informed that the flight is cancelled while boarding. They didn't send any notifications to mobile or email. They said we need to rebook for next available flight and asked us to check out all luggages. I checked out and was waited at the booking counter line for 2 hours. For the entire Atlanta International airport, they had only one booking counter open and one booking agent available. After one hour of waiting, I got frustrated and called their customer service while staying on the line. I was on call-wait status for 50 minutes before getting hold of someone in their customer service. Customer service agent couldn't rebook me on next day flight unless I'm ready to do a 3 stopper instead of 1 stopper that I booked. I got the same itinerary 2 days later and asked him to book it. He couldn't book me because I was already checked-in and they needed me checked out from airport side. He said he will do all that and call + email me later with confirmation. I never received any call or email till today. I called their customer service again and was able to get hold of someone after 30 minutes wait. I got the same answer today as well. They have asked me to call them again after 4 hours. Not sure how long I should be on hold to get hold of them. And their website still shows the flight status as delayed and not as cancelled. I still didn't receive any delay/cancel notification from them. This is one of the worst experience I had. They are completely understaffed and don't infrastructure in place to handle delays/cancellations.
RouteAtlanta to Chennai via Doha

"not a great experience"

Verified Review | Booked 2 seats at the same time through an agency as British Airways codeshare flight, but couldn't sit together. Couldn't make changes online, couldn't get thru to call centre and no response from message on Twitter. Got to Heathrow and one very helpful member of staff tried her best but ultimately ineffective. Consequently one of us ended up sitting front of plane and other at rear. Seat cramped I'm only 5'10" yet my knees were sticking into the reclined seat of the person in front. Took two hours for a drink to be served. Staff all very friendly but not a great experience.
RouteLondon to Kolkata via Doha
Date FlownAugust 2017

"flight attendant never smiled"

Verified Review | New York to Bangkok via Doha. Qatar Airways aircraft was new and impressive but the seat had problems with reclining. Entertainment was as good as other major airlines. The food was surprisingly good. The main issue I had was my flight attendant never smiled. Service is everything on my trips and other attendants didn't smile or greet me as I entered or departed the aircraft.
RouteNew York to Bangkok via Doha

"a really good airline"

Verified Review | Berlin to Singapore via Doha. Not the first time I fly Qatar. This is a really good airline. Friendly staff, comfy seats and fab food and drinks. Qatar really has that old fashioned feel of a bit of luxury when travelling. The quality of all they do is awesome. The only thing that irritates me somewhat is that the screen in front of you points to Mecca the whole time. And they recommend that you listen to the Qoran while flying. I prefer to travel religion free. On the minus part. WiFi was expensive.
AircraftA330 / A350
RouteBerlin to Singapore via Doha
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"No inflight entertainment"

(Myanmar)

Verified Review | Doha to Yangon. No inflight entertainment which is a big deal when traveling with my 9 year old son. We had nothing to do during our 7 hours fight. The legroom was limited. For 6 economy class there were only two toilets available and a long queue on the passager walkway. The food was also not appealing to me and limited choice. I will never ever fly with this airline again.
AircraftA319LR
RouteDoha to Yangon
Date FlownAugust 2017

"space felt very limited"

Verified Review | Stockholm to Bangkok via Doha. Check-in operated by SAS staff at Stockholm opens 3hrs before, a little slow as they validate visas and pass people along to pay extra baggage where applicable, but nothing worryingly so - all outsourced check-in is the same in my experience. Boarding Boeing 787 was efficient. Aircraft hot until about 15 minutes after departure. Legroom and space felt very limited, especially with the IFE box under the non-middle seats, but it wasn't the nightmare I had geared myself up to expect. It took a while for water to be distributed, a small bottle of water on each seat would go far to passive passenger until the first service. Water only available in tiny glasses, no larger containers or bottles available. Transfer at Doha efficient, the benefits of bus service is they open both front and rear doors, so the five minutes you spend on the airport tour is mitigated by the ten minutes saved by non-bridge disembarking. Flight to Bangkok on Boeing 777 full, gate security slow, seats a little better than 787 due to no IFE box. Plane hot, several minute pushback delay and no water again for the first hour. Meals were good, staff were great - very friendly, toilets were always clean. However I've cancelled my return flights in April 2018 taking the $200 on tax refund and putting it towards another airline. Qatar need to address the seating on the 787 or at least remove the under seat IFE boxes.
AircraftBoeing 787 / 777
RouteStockholm to Bangkok via Doha
Date FlownAugust 2017

"Excellent in every respect"

Verified Review | Dubai to Singapore via Doha in May 2017. Excellent in every respect. Great end to end service, planes are clean and new, seats are large, crew efficient and very kind. The business class is not too crowded, the food is good. It overall scores higher as Emirates generally, apart from entertainment. IFE a bit limited and not that user friendly. Food is porbably the best across all the airlines I have ever tried.
AircraftA350-900
RouteDubai to Singapore via Doha
Date FlownMay 2017

Qatar Airways Photos

QATAR AIRWAYS, the national carrier of the State of Qatar, is one of the fastest growing airlines with a modern fleet of 179 aircraft flying to more than 150 key business and leisure destinations across six continents. Qatar Airways is a member of the oneworld global alliance.

FIRST CLASS

A380 aircraft provide 8 first class suites, in 1x2x1 cabin layout.

flat_seatsFlat bed suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas (*not all flights)
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Typical seat layout of 1x2x1 (eg. A380, A350, B787) or 2x2x2 layout (eg. B777).

flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas (*not all flights)
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

Qatar Airways aircraft cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 inches
Seat widthSeat width : 17.5 -18.75 inches
WiFiOnboard WiFi (*not all flights)
power_iconIn-seat/USB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets supplied

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for Qatar Airways fleet. We have provided you a direct link to Qatar Airways Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

LOUNGES

At Doha Hamad International Airport, premium customers may use the luxury Al Safwa First class and Al Mourjan Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
WinesSignature bar service
SleepingQuiet room / rest area

» Qatar Airways lounge reviews

IFE

Qatar Airways recently launched Oryx One, an enhanced interface for its inflight entertainment system, increasing the number of movies and TV shows on board from 950 to up to 2,000. With the very first dual-screen interface, onboard A350, A380 and Boeing 787 aircraft, customers can multitask - like play a game on a handheld device as you wait for a movie to load on your personal screen.

ONBOARD WIFI

Stay connected with OnAir mobile service. WiFi services are available onboard Qatar Airways A380, A350, Boeing 787, A319 and selected A330, A320 and A321 aircraft.

AWARDS

Qatar Airways was one of the first airlines named as a 5-Star Airline. Qatar Airways won Airline of the Year, Best Business Class Airline Seat and Best Airline in the Middle East at the 2015 Skytrax World Airline Awards. This is the third time Qatar Airways has won this prestigious and coveted accolade of Airline of the Year.

» Airline Award results