Qatar Airways

"We were not offered an upgrade"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Barcelona for a wine conference together with my partner. Flight departure from Singapore was delayed of 1 hour and soon as we landed in Doha, we were redirected to Prague and then from Prague to Barcelona, arriving with a 4 hour delay. My connection from Doha to Barcelona was rescheduled departing 1 hour 30 minutes earlier and nobody informed us. My flight out of DOH was supposed to depart at 2.05am (we landed in DOH at 1am) so time to be short connected. We were not offered an upgrade, or use of the lounge to have a rest.
RouteSingapore to Barcelona via Doha
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Meal preferences was good"

Trip Verified | Atlanta to Chennai return via Doha. Baggage check-in process was simple and easy. Meal preferences was good - I'm a vegetarian and on the onward journey forgot to specify the meal preference but the crew had enough inventory to meat the requirements. Every seat was provided with a small plastic pouch/packet/goodie bag that consisted of a eye mask, pair of sock, toothpaste+brush, hand cream. This was very useful and effective. Entertainment options were good and current. Online check-in wasn't easy; towards the end of the process, there is an option to email the boarding pass but this never worked for me. It would have been good, as part of the online check-in, if the users reminded to specify the meal preferences, etc. I forgot to specify the meal preferences but thankfully the crew had enough of what I wanted. Seats were the worst part - poor legroom. ATL to DOH leg was the worst (and the longest leg of the trip), comfort wise, I would rate as the worst. Luckily on the return leg (DOH-ATL) next two seats to mine was empty, so was able to stretch and sleep well. DOH-MAA vv seating was little better, think its a older plane; newer planes have worst seats. Food was ok dinner and lunch but minimalistic. There was no alert or reminder of upcoming trip via email or text, etc.
RouteAtlanta to Chennai return via Doha
Date FlownNovember 2017

"They were awesome, thank you"

Trip Verified | Doha to Budapest. I would like thank the Cabin Manager on my flight (QR199, 17 November) for her and the crew's exceptional service and caring kindness. Due to my diet regulations I wasn't supposed to consume most of the served food on the aircraft but I was offered some extra healthy snack without even asking for it. They were awesome, thank you.
RouteDoha to Budapest
Date FlownNovember 2017

"impressed with the service given"

Trip Verified | On the 14/15th November I travelled with Qatar Airways from Cape Town to London Heathrow, I was impressed with the service given on both flights. Both aircraft's were very clean including the toilets which quite often smell on some operator's. The service was very good for economy and cabin crew were great, they were all helpful and spent time to answer any questions in a friendly manor. I will definitely travel with Qatar again.
RouteCape Town to London via Doha
Date FlownNovember 2017

"disappointed the 6:30hr flight was over"

Trip Verified | We were flying from Paris to Doha in business class in the new Q-suite. You are immediately overwhelmed by the luxury this new suite has to offer. We fly as a couple and when we were seated they lowered the blind in between the two seats so you immediately felt that you had your own private compartment. We were receiving a refreshment drink to our choice before take off. After take-off you can close the doors on your suite and then it really feels like you are in a private room on an airplane. The seats have many modification possibilities, even a real double bed feature. My wife fell in love with the blankets who were especially designed for this new q-suite, they feel so nice. The in-flight entertainment set provides a very big bright screen and the latest hollywood blockbusters available. The cabin crew was so nice to us, they really made this trip even more special by the way they treated us. I had pre-ordered an asian vegetarian meal but the flight attendant looked through the menu with me to see if i changed my menu to what i preferred most. It was no problem to switch the desert and main course since it looked more appetising to me. The food was really good. Even with ordering some snacks they explained everything what was on the menu and recommended the size of portions i ordered. It was really an amazing experience and we never thought we were kinda disappointed that the 6:30hr flight was over.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteParis to Doha
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Still my favourite long haul airline"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to London via Doha. Check in at BKK was quick and easy offered fast track immigration and lounge access with my FF status QR use the Thai Airways lounge in satellite E which was packed so I didn't stay long. Boarding from E1 was organised and very early completed 30 min before departure time I was a bit sceptical using the 777-300ER because of the 3-4-3 seating my previous QR 777 flight was only 25% full so comfortable but again this flight was only 50% capacity so had 3 seats to myself 12A. Aircraft was clean and tidy and departed before scheduled departure time. Once airborne a pretty decent breakfast served along with drinks and a hot sandwich 1hr 30 min out of DOH. This 7hr flight was great I managed to sleep 4 hrs. I only had 45min to transfer at DOH although it was plenty of time with the flight to LHR departing from the next gate. My first time on an A350 and what a nice aircraft, lucky enough another half empty aircraft in economy so once again I had an exit row to myself 30K. Departed on time and again food served within an hour of departure, the flight went quickly, great service, food was good for economy. The aircraft is great, very comfortable. Arrived on time with bags waiting once through immigration. the best 2 economy flights I have had for many years. Clean aircraft, great crew, good food and great value for this trip. Still my favourite long haul airline.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER / A350-900
RouteBangkok to London via Doha
Date FlownNovember 2017

"by a long mile the best"

(Zambia)

Not Verified | Durban to Stockholm via Doha. First flight Durban to Doha left on time. Crew were good, had a one hour stop in Johannesburg for refueling and picking up passengers. IFE is very good. Main meal was good although the portions these days are extremely small. All drinks including water are served in small plastic cups. Plenty of drink runs were made throughout the flight. Only disappointment was the breakfast, some sort of snack wrap which was awful. Stockholm to Durban was delayed once we were all on board and ready to take-off. Not the airlines fault, there was a medical problem with one of the passengers so we parked and medics were called. It meant we missed our connection in Doha, As we came off the plane there was our name on a board, the ground crew had our new boarding passes and vouchers for a hotel, very officiant! Beautiful 5 star hotel (even for economy class passengers) far better than the one Emirates uses in Dubai. Very generous meal allowance of $180 per person, couldn't even spend it all. I have flown with all three Gulf airlines and have to say Qatar Airways is by a long mile the best. PS - $380 return Durban / Stockholm on a 24 hour special, unbelievable.
RouteDurban to Stockholm via Doha
Date FlownNovember 2017

"CSD was professional but friendly"

Trip Verified | Delhi to London via Doha. The return flight from DEL to DOH was uneventful, mainly due to the fact I slept most of the way. With a 3.45 departure I could not believe ear plugs had been removed from the wash bag to be replaced by a lip balm. In DOH I was told that even with a First ticket you could not take a guest with you, even though he was on a business ticket. A380 back to LHR, the difference between Qatar’s business and first is the seat. The cabin was spacious and the seat did make a comfortable bed, but no pjamas offered and no mattress cover, only a meager thin blanket con this daytime flight. Food was the same as business , nothing special. Free wifi provided was very patchy. Took a trip to the bar to see it as had been told was worth a look, and it was but very busy, so retreated back to my seat. Crew on this flight were a delight, CSD was professional but friendly and the other crew were a joy! Much better standard than on the way out. Personally I don’t think first class is worth the price with Qatar difference with in business.
AircraftBoeing 787 / A380
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteDelhi to London via Doha
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Great service in the cabin"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Kiev to Doha. Plane took off on time and landed 20 minutes prior schedule. Great service in the cabin and on the ground. Had 3 available food options. Comfortable seats. Best choice for me out of many airlines. I like their will to help passengers, to personalize customer service.
RouteKiev to Doha
Date FlownNovember 2017

"100% happy with what they offered"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Flew Doha to Hong Kong. Food: 3 options available for breakfast and dinner. Dishes are hot and tasty. Good beverages selection. Service: best customer service, personalized assistance. Seats configuration of economy class on Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner not the best but at least it’s not cramped like on big airlines of Europe or Asia. At the end of the day you get what you paid for, so if you want better food options, a seat like a sofa at your home or you need someone to put pillow under your head - choose business or first class accordingly. I’m 100% happy with what they offered and what I had because many similar airlines doesn’t have even half of what Qatar Airways has.
RouteDoha to Hong Kong

Qatar Airways Photos

QATAR AIRWAYS, the national carrier of the State of Qatar, is one of the fastest growing airlines with a modern fleet of 179 aircraft flying to more than 150 key business and leisure destinations across six continents. Qatar Airways is a member of the oneworld global alliance.

FIRST CLASS

A380 aircraft provide 8 first class suites, in 1x2x1 cabin layout.

flat_seatsFlat bed suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas (*not all flights)
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Typical seat layout of 1x2x1 (eg. A380, A350, B787) or 2x2x2 layout (eg. B777).

flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas (*not all flights)
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

Qatar Airways aircraft cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 inches
Seat widthSeat width : 17.5 -18.75 inches
WiFiOnboard WiFi (*not all flights)
power_iconIn-seat/USB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets supplied

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for Qatar Airways fleet. We have provided you a direct link to Qatar Airways Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

LOUNGES

At Doha Hamad International Airport, premium customers may use the luxury Al Safwa First class and Al Mourjan Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
WinesSignature bar service
SleepingQuiet room / rest area

» Qatar Airways lounge reviews

IFE

Qatar Airways recently launched Oryx One, an enhanced interface for its inflight entertainment system, increasing the number of movies and TV shows on board from 950 to up to 2,000. With the very first dual-screen interface, onboard A350, A380 and Boeing 787 aircraft, customers can multitask - like play a game on a handheld device as you wait for a movie to load on your personal screen.

ONBOARD WIFI

Stay connected with OnAir mobile service. WiFi services are available onboard Qatar Airways A380, A350, Boeing 787, A319 and selected A330, A320 and A321 aircraft.

AWARDS

Qatar Airways was one of the first airlines named as a 5-Star Airline. Qatar Airways won Airline of the Year, Best Business Class Airline Seat and Best Airline in the Middle East at the 2015 Skytrax World Airline Awards. This is the third time Qatar Airways has won this prestigious and coveted accolade of Airline of the Year.

» Airline Award results