Qatar Airways

"I was very much impressed"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Amsterdam via Doha. This was my first time flying with Qatar Airways and I was very much impressed. The flights on both legs were punctual. The aircraft were one of the newest from Airbus and Boeing; i really loved the interior design with the color of burgundy in accentuating the luxurious feel of the aircraft. The flight attendants were all very friendly and courteous with a genuine smile. The food was delicious with 3 choices of main course. The inflight entertainment system was also great. I have flown so many times before with different airlines and I have to say that this is the best airlines i have ever flown with. Having said that, it is not perfect. there are rooms for improvement in my opinion; the toilet could be cleaned more often, the content of the inflight entertainment system could be added more and be more consistent in all route (some route/aircraft type has better and more responsive screen than others), and i do hope some time in the future the fare could be cheaper because they are in the upper range of price.
RouteJakarta to Amsterdam via Doha
Date FlownMay 2018

"no moisturizer in the toilets"

Trip Verified | We were not given directions while waiting and boarding at Melbourne Airport. No signs to indicate where each of the allocated zones 1-4 are located. Zone signposting was available at Doha check-in however so that was much better. Hand-wash in toilet is very harsh on the hands and mine felt like sandpaper at the end of the trip. Signs on the video screen say keep yourself moisturized, but there was no moisturizer in the toilets to use. No water was handed out early in the trip and I saw no water handed out at night. No smile from staff when boarding and most staff I saw did not seem very happy or friendly., some were okay. When we arrived in Doha, they announced that Ramadan had just started so drinking and eating in public are prohibited, then gave another message that Ramadan started the next day. I asked the staff if eating an; drinking in the airport during Ramadan is prohibited, but they said we can eat and drink day time during Ramadan. The food was okay but not great.
RouteMelbourne to Berlin via Doha

"atrocious check-in personnel"

Trip Verified | London to Doha. Overall the experience is great and their flight attendants are really nice although their WIFI service is slower than dial-up connection. However, if you expect to select a seat when booking your ticket with them and actually flying on that seat, forget it. They push you back on the cabin for whatever excuse. Why allow you to select a seat when booking the flight if you will never honour it at check-in? I fly with them to Doha for work every other month but I guess this May 2018 will be the last. Great aircraft and facilities and very good crew but atrocious check-in personnel at LHR (polite but useless) and the worst customer service team I have ever experienced.
RouteLondon to Doha
Date FlownApril 2018

"entire experience was amazing"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | I flew on upgraded business class on Qatar Airways from Shanghai to Stockholm via Doha (return). What a treat!! The entire experience was amazing. The service on board is impeccable. You couldn't really compare it to other airlines' business class. It is definitely better than BA first class experience. Since my class was an upgraded one, I didn't have access to the Al Mourjan lounge at DOH. But I got access to it since the other lounges were full on my first transfer. On my second transfer, I purchased access to Al Mourjan (450 QAR = 125 USD). It was worth every penny since my layover was more than 5 hours. My last leg Doha to Shanghai was in a Q-suite on a B777. Amazing. I loved it and I loved the service. I can't even imagine how Qatar Airways manages to maintain this level of service. It's really a treat for ones soul and body. Many people complain about the lost access to the Al Mourjan lounge on upgraded tickets. Of course its a shame not to spend the layover at that lounge but considering the quality of the food and drinks you get at that lounge, I think QR went back on me paying the 125 USD entrance fee.
AircraftBoeing 777 / 787
RouteShanghai to Stockholm via Doha

"a very good experience"

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Paris via Doha. Overall a very good experience. First flight from Bali to Doha on the 777 was with their old business class offering. Seats are big and comfortable, however are angled flat beds and not completely flat. Travelling with my partner and a toddler the seat was wide enough for my son to sleep beside me which was a huge bonus. Food on this flight was excellent along with an excellent cabin service from the staff on board. I did not use the entertainment system and slept for most of the 10 hour flight so cannot comment on this. The second leg from Doha to Paris was again on a 777 but this time we had the QSuite. Having flown on many different carriers business offering this is by far the best I have seen. We took the 2 centre seats which when converted to flat created a double bed. Having this when travelling with a young child was a huge help. The suites offer maximum privacy and create a sense that you are flying alone. Seats are very comfortable, IFE excellent with large HD screen and lots of viewing options. Food again was very good with lots of options to choose from. Once again the staff were some of the best I have experienced in the sky and nothing was too much trouble for them. Overall Qatar offer probably the best business product I have flown and would not hesitate to book them again. The others have some catching up to do.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteDenpasar to Paris via Doha
Date FlownMarch 2018

"one of the best airlines"

Trip Verified | Muscat to London via Doha. It is one of the best airlines, if not the best. I have been using this airline for my travels and not thinking a second to change it. The relationship they make with their customers is incomparable and their service standards are unmatchable.
RouteMuscat to London via Doha
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"we had 6 kgs overweight"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | Johannesburg to Doha. We were a family of four in Business Class and we had 6 kgs overweight but the Johannesburg station manager would not overlook it. Then came the worst boarding process I have ever seen. The food was inedible as the catering choices from Johannesburg is bad. They need to take a very close look at their whole Johannesburg operation. I will always recommend Qatar Airways but out of Johannesburg you are better off making other choices.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteJohannesburg to Doha

"Boeing 787 was cramped"

Trip Verified | Adelaide to Manchester via Doha. Two flights which could not have been more different. Adelaide to Doha on A350, comfortable and spacious seats, good entertainment system and fantastic crew. Also pre selected vegetarian meals which were very acceptable. Crew on this flight were attentive, smiling and courteous all the way. Doha to Manchester on Boeing 787 was cramped, uncomfortable with terrible entertainment system and miserable crew. On boarding this flight the crew were directing passengers down the wrong aisles causing frustration and back ups. During the flight they appeared tired and uninterested with little customer interaction. Probably one of the worst flights I've had with this usually excellent airline.
AircraftA350-900
RouteAdelaide to Manchester via Doha

"I would not fly again"

(Kuwait)

Trip Verified | The departure from Kuwait was delayed by 1 hour. Crew apologized for the delay but this reduced my time in exploring Al-Mourjan lounge in Doha. From Doha to Singapore neither the map or onboard camera were working on the A350. Crew on both sectors were fabulous, however, IFE and seat comfort (1x2x1 layout) is a joke. Wi-Fi was unavailable for my flight to Singapore. On the way back to Kuwait my seat IFE was malfunctioning so they changed my prefer preassigned seat to another seat, thus causing me inconvenience. Food and service was fabulous but I would not fly Qatar Airways again.
AircraftA330 / A350
RouteKuwait to Singapore via Doha
Date FlownMay 2018

"said they would write report

Trip Verified | While boarding my flight from Copenhagen to Doha, I was told my name had been cancelled from the flight for some unknown technical reason and they reissued my boarding pass at the gated. At my assigned seat, ground staff came into the flight to ask me for my luggage tags and went out for a few minutes before returning back to the flight to tell me ok luggage is in. Before boarding my flight from Doha to Singapore, I asked if my luggage is on the flight but the person on the counter scolded me for holding on to my husband’s flight ticket saying that he should hold it himself cause I might lose it. On the flight, I saw that my chicken dish had some aluminium foil still on it. They staff said sorry and said they would write report and gave me fruits. Entertainment system had to be rebooted during the flight lasting over ten minutes.
RouteDoha to Singapore

Qatar Airways Photos

QATAR AIRWAYS, the national carrier of the State of Qatar, is one of the fastest growing airlines with a modern fleet of 179 aircraft flying to more than 150 key business and leisure destinations across six continents. Qatar Airways is a member of the oneworld global alliance.

FIRST CLASS

A380 aircraft provide 8 first class suites, in 1x2x1 cabin layout.

flat_seatsFlat bed suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas (*not all flights)
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Typical seat layout of 1x2x1 (eg. A380, A350, B787) or 2x2x2 layout (eg. B777).

flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas (*not all flights)
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

Qatar Airways aircraft cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 inches
Seat widthSeat width : 17.5 -18.75 inches
WiFiOnboard WiFi (*not all flights)
power_iconIn-seat/USB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets supplied

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for Qatar Airways fleet. We have provided you a direct link to Qatar Airways Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

LOUNGES

At Doha Hamad International Airport, premium customers may use the luxury Al Safwa First class and Al Mourjan Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
WinesSignature bar service
SleepingQuiet room / rest area

» Qatar Airways lounge reviews

IFE

Qatar Airways recently launched Oryx One, an enhanced interface for its inflight entertainment system, increasing the number of movies and TV shows on board from 950 to up to 2,000. With the very first dual-screen interface, onboard A350, A380 and Boeing 787 aircraft, customers can multitask - like play a game on a handheld device as you wait for a movie to load on your personal screen.

ONBOARD WIFI

Stay connected with OnAir mobile service. WiFi services are available onboard Qatar Airways A380, A350, Boeing 787, A319 and selected A330, A320 and A321 aircraft.

AWARDS

Qatar Airways was one of the first airlines named as a 5-Star Airline. Qatar Airways won Airline of the Year, Best Business Class Airline Seat and Best Airline in the Middle East at the 2015 Skytrax World Airline Awards. This is the third time Qatar Airways has won this prestigious and coveted accolade of Airline of the Year.

» Airline Award results