Top 100 Airlines

Qatar Airways

"staff on the flight were exceptional"

Perth to Venice via Doha with Qatar Airways. My husband and I enjoyed our flight to Venice. The staff in Perth checked us in very efficiently. The staff on the airline were very accommodating. Arrived in Doha on time. Staff on the flight from Doha to Venice were exceptional - made the flight very enjoyable.
RoutePER to VCE via DOH
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"the food service was meagre"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Johannesburg with a long layover in Doha. The seats assigned seemed to be entirely random, no effort was made to keep us together, preference for window or aisle were largely ignored. My seat gave average legroom and width. The arms of the seat on the Boeing 777LR only go up about 3/4 of the way making it extremely difficult to get out of the row, especially when the seat in front is reclined. If there are empty seats you can't lie down unless you can fit under the partially extended arms. We had a 15+ hour flight from Doha, we departed about 8am from Doha an average breakfast was served at 9am, we received a bag of chips about 5 hours later. They came around with drinks several times and our choice was a juice or water, drinks were served at room temperature no ice was provided. After 8 hours from breakfast they served us a small chicken or vegetarian pasty with a small brownie; a fuller selection of drinks was offered, no ice unless you asked. After 6 hours with no snacks they offered a dinner. I thought the food service was meager and food quality was average, snacks were nearly non existent. Drink choices during the flight were minimal, the lack of ice was disappointing. I picked Qatar Airways because I read many glowing reviews about extra service and space, but found the flight in economy very average. The entertainment options were very good, but my remote on the trip to Johannesburg did not work properly, on the return trip the remote would not stay in place and hung down on the back of the seat. On the 8 hour flight to Johannesburg they offered after departure and a small pastry after 7 hours, no other snacks were offered. There are 4 bathrooms on the Boeing 777 in economy and nearly a constant line of people waiting to use them. We ran out of hand towels on my flight after about 5 hours. I was underwhelmed by the service, economy I would rate as average. If you are flying economy take some snacks and adjust your expectation to average service.
AircraftBoeing 777-200LR
RouteLAX to JNB via DOH
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"don't bother booking seats"

Perth to Venice via Doha. Excellent airline. Flights were on time. Food was great. Leg room was adequate. FA's were excellent. My only complaint was, that I had seats booked for over 10 months and then a few weeks before the flight, they changed my seats. I rang them and they said it was probably because of medical reasons, that the people sitting in my seats needed access to the toilets etc. When we got on board, the 4 seats in question were occupied by young men travelling alone? On the way back, one seat was left vacant, totally wasted. So, the moral of the story is, don't bother booking seats. They gave our away seats for some unknown reasons and wouldn't change them back. They even had my husband and I sitting in different parts of the plane when they changed them and didn't notify me. It was only that I went on line to have a look, that I noticed the changes. Luckily, there were still 2 seats together that I could change to but nowhere near where I wanted to sit. Also, the Check in at Venice Marco Polo Airport was chaotic. Slow, disorganised and the check in people were rude!
AircraftA330-200 / Boeing 777-300ER
RoutePER to VCE via DOH
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"forgot again my requested meal"

Verified Review | Flight from TXL-CGK via DOH return. At Berlin, unfriendly check-in staff with a lot of queing during check-in process in Berlin and they did not tolerate an excess of luggage - make sure that your cabin and checked-in bagage are correct before check-in counter. I requested VGML meal, but they forget it and gave me chicken instead. Flight DOH-CGK return was pleasant and nice trip. During flight DOH-TXL, they moved my seat without any notice and reason and they forgot again my requested meal.
RouteTXL to CGK via DOH

"a very good airline"

Flew Manchester to Goa via Doha, very easy check in, lounge in Manchester not the best but think there was some improvement works being carried out. On boarding shown to our seats by a very nice cabin attendant, drink and towel soon as we sat down then FA came round to take our order for the meal. Seats on both aircraft very good, preferred the Boeing 787 as a bit more privacy than the A330, lie flat beds, IFE worked very well both on the outward and inward journey, food was very good, very good joice and very tasty. Business class lounge in Doha in my opinion is a lot better than some 5 star hotels I have stayed in, pity did not have time to spend a bit more time in there. All in all a very good airline and I am already booked for another flight to Goa in November Really can't understand some of the negative reviews on here, but some people just like a good old moan for the sake of it.
AircraftBoeing 787 / A330
RouteMAN to GOI via DOH
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"great flat bed seat and pajamas"

Verified Review | Amman to Kuala Lumpur via Doha. A very forgettable check in, lounge used was a shared lounge with Royal Jordanian. The cabin service was ok, they did not use surnames to address passengers. We were an hour late out of Amman and the food was was average at best. It was a full cabin and the crew seemed a little overwhelmed. The next sector was a 3.30am service to KL sleep was on the agenda, great flat bed seat and pajamas. Breakfast was not particularly inspiring. I ordered the continental breakfast of fruit and bread. The quality was not as good as I expected. Overall I was not overly impressed.
RouteAMM to KUL via DOH
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"seat pitch seemed too tight"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Brussels to Tokyo Narita via Doha. The check-in was ok smooth, but I wasn't offered any special seats despite my OW Sapphire status. The security fast-track which should have been on my ticket barcode didn't work, I had to call staff to let me go in. BA lounge access not up to mid/longhal standards required for the 6 hour flights to DOH. There are no shower facilities and the food choices are limited to a breakfast setup, despite the evening departure. QR boarded their flight one hour ahead of depature time which seems excessive. On top of poor seat width, the pitch seemed too tight, and I'm not a giant. There was a IFE box stealing 20% of my feet area and no footrest. Storage in the seat pocket was poor, I couldn't fit my water bottles. PTV remote was covered in smudges. I had ordered a special meal, low fat, which was pasta. The pasta was dry. The fruit salad showed signs of decay. The salad looked ok but the vinaigrette tasted awful. The bread was not freshly baked. In the bathroom, no amenities were offered in economy. The marking on the flushing button in the bathroom was unreadable. The cabin temperature was cold, but a good fleece blanket offered. I asked the cabin crew to raise the temperature and was answered that the captain would have to decide on that. IFE systems was loaded with advertisement. The flight stopped at a remote stand and we had to be bussed. After deplaning, I was suppposed to have 2 hours between flights to enjoy in the business cass lounge, but I only spent 5 minutes in there.
AircraftBoeing 787 / 777
RouteBRU to NRT via DOH
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"comfortable seats with plenty of legroom"

Flew Qatar Airways from Doha to Philadelphia. Comfortable seats with plenty of legroom. Every seat in economy had a pillow, a blanket, headphones, and a bag of things that you can freshen up with (Toothpaste, toothbrush, socks, eye pad) The inflight entertainment was great, but the paid inflight WIFI didn't work very well. The meals were pretty good, I tried breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They do give you a lot so you will not be hungry. Overall good airline.
AircraftA350-900
RouteDOH to PHL
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"best comfort, food, and service"

Adelaide to Barcelona via Doha. Qatar Airways is the best airline we have flown with respect to comfort, food, and service, and their amenity kits are the best too. Being able to choose when to have your meals is a real bonus and the choices were good. There were a few hitches though. On the Adelaide to Doha leg (A350), my seat would not go all the way into the sleep position - there was a 6 inch gap between the fixed 'foot end' and the seat, and the head end was raised somewhat. Despite this, it was still very comfortable. There was only one movie which was anything close to my taste - more choice is needed for long-haul flights, in this case 13 hours. Qatar Airport was a big let-down. Why they don't have air-bridges is a mystery, especially in such a harsh climate.
AircraftA350 / A330
RouteADL to BCN via DOH

"satisfied with everything"

Verified Review | Karachi to London via Doha. Good service, the food was nice, staff on the ground and inflight was courteous. Transit at Doha was not bad at all, took the free city tour offered by the airline which was a nice way to spend time and seeing the city. Boeing 787 is a good plane to be flying in, given the large windows, but in terms of space I think it is similar to that on the Boeing 777 or A330. Overall satisfied with everything. The free wifi during the flight is only provided for 15 mins.
AircraftBoeing 787 / 777
RouteKHI to LHR via DOH

Guide Icon

Qatar Airways, the national carrier of the State of Qatar, is one of the fastest growing airlines with a modern fleet of 179 aircraft flying to more than 150 key business and leisure destinations across six continents. Qatar Airways is a member of the oneworld global alliance.

FIRST CLASS

A380 aircraft provide 8 first class suites, in 1x2x1 cabin layout.

flat_seatsFlat bed suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas (*not all flights)
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Typical seat layout of 1x2x1 (eg. A380, A350, B787) or 2x2x2 layout (eg. B777).

flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas (*not all flights)
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

Qatar Airways aircraft cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 inches
Seat widthSeat width : 17.5 -18.75 inches
WiFiOnboard WiFi (*not all flights)
power_iconIn-seat/USB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets supplied

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for Qatar Airways fleet. We have provided you a direct link to Qatar Airways Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

LOUNGES

At Doha Hamad International Airport, premium customers may use the luxury Al Safwa First class and Al Mourjan Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
WinesSignature bar service
SleepingQuiet room / rest area

» Qatar Airways lounge reviews

IFE

Qatar Airways recently launched Oryx One, an enhanced interface for its inflight entertainment system, increasing the number of movies and TV shows on board from 950 to up to 2,000. With the very first dual-screen interface, onboard A350, A380 and Boeing 787 aircraft, customers can multitask - like play a game on a handheld device as you wait for a movie to load on your personal screen.

ONBOARD WIFI

Stay connected with OnAir mobile service. WiFi services are available onboard Qatar Airways A380, A350, Boeing 787, A319 and selected A330, A320 and A321 aircraft.

AWARDS

Qatar Airways was one of the first airlines named as a 5-Star Airline. Qatar Airways won Airline of the Year, Best Business Class Airline Seat and Best Airline in the Middle East at the 2015 Skytrax World Airline Awards. This is the third time Qatar Airways has won this prestigious and coveted accolade of Airline of the Year.

» Airline Award results