Vote Now

Qatar Airways

"there is no USB connection"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | Krabi to Munich via Doha. The meal is only average. Sometimes they offered a menu list with options but on other long-haul flights they didn’t seem to. They did not distinguish between their vegan, vegetarian, low-carb, no-milk meals and have one low-calories meal for all meatless options. So while others get a cake, you get fruits, when others get a yoghurt, you get a low-fat yoghurt. There is also an inflight entertainment box under the window seats, which makes the flight uncomfortable. If you are flying the old A330, there is no USB connection and we could not charge our mobile phones. The A330 IFE did not have touchscreen control and headphones were of poor quality.
RouteKrabi to Munich via Doha

"the food was excellent"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | We had a flight from Amsterdam to Bangkok via Doha in business class. We fly freqently with Qatar Airways and are silver member. We started the first flight with a Boeing 777, a plane we like. Everything was okay, the food was excellent as were the wines, and the staff is very kind! Also stop in Doha was a pleasant experience. We visit it a couple off times but stil amazing lounge. The next flight Doha to Bangkok with the A380 that's different, the business class is so big, We fly 3 times with a A380 but everytime we try a different seat but is so crouwded so chaotic with the staff. Don't get me wrong,the food is very good, staff is friendly, but there are to many guests, they can't give good service! For the rest it's good value for your money. We will fly Qatar Airways anyway.
AircraftBoeing 777 / A380
RouteAmsterdam to Bangkok via doha
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"the catering out of Doha is exceptional"

(South Africa)

Verified Review | Flew Doha to Johannesburg. Qatar has one of the best business class products. 6 seats across on the B777 seem to be tight, but even if you have a window seat, you do not have to step over your neighbor as there is so much space between the rows. As always, the catering out of Doha is exceptional, and the wine list leaves nothing to be desired. The crew were excellent, and I really like that you can eat when you want, and whatever you want on the menu at anytime. The pyjamas were the last touch that made this night flight great. I cannot wait to try the A350 as the guy next to me told me that they are the ultimate plane in business class on the Qatar Airways fleet. Also, if you are flexible, the Qatar business class fares can be a bargain compared to other airlines.
RouteDoha to Johannesburg
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"no request too much trouble"

Verified Review | Doha to Auckland. Having flown 7hrs with Qatar from Edinburgh to Doha with a quick change to this 16hr 30 minute flight I was concerned that it would feel very uncomfortable being on such a long flight. I'm happy to say It was not. You just relax into it, especially in business class. This is a wide bodied aircraft which felt quite spacious in business having 6 seats to the row and a large personal tv screen for all the movies. The food was fantastic - having had a beef meal on the previous flight, I chose a Nobu lightly spicy broth with seafood followed by a fabulous red snapper, saffron cream and asparagus and the wines worthy of this airline which was deservedly voted having the best wine cellar in the sky. (Ch. Brane Cantanac red, fine Chablis and Babich Sauvignon from Marlborough NZ). Best of all was the flexibility about when to eat and being such a long flight, there was a constant supply of bottled water, cups of tea and snacks. The seating arrangement works well with easy access to the aisles although a little more storage space for the things we want beside us on a long haul flight would have been more helpful. The cabin crew were charming and no request was too much trouble. I would have no hesitation in flying this longest scheduled flight route in the world again.
AircraftBoeing 777-LR
RouteDoha to Auckland
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"far superior to any other airline"

Verified Review | Adelaide to Oslo via Doha. Had the pleasure to fly again with Qatar Airways. The service in business class is far superior to any other airline I have flown. Call bells was attended to promptly. Food is well prepared and delicious. Decent selection of wine and spirits. Seats very comfortable and they provide pajamas on the long haul sectors. Good amenity kit. Lounge in Doha excellent. Well worth their 5 star rating.
AircraftA350 / Boeing 787
RouteAdelaide to Oslo via Doha
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"very friendly staff on board"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Our last flight was from Bangkok to Hanoi in economy class. We are silver member so we get priority lane and lounge access in Bangkok airport. Very friendly staff on board, they knew us from the flight the day before from Doha to Bangkok! (On small flights we take economy class). So nice and friendly again. Got preferred seat. Good service! I hope it will stay like this.
RouteBangkok to Hanoi
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"can only say positive things about this airline"

Verified Review | Sydney to Vienna via Doha and returning from London to Sydney via Doha with Qatar Airways. This was a mixed Business/Economy fare (which was really good value) with Sydney to Doha in Business and Economy onwards to Vienna and the same back to Doha from London. I unwittingly got to travel in all three classes and can only say positive things about this airline. Business Class from Sydney to Doha was great really nice cabin and seat, well thought out with loads of storage space. The wine selection was also outstanding (I am a wine buff), food a bit more average. A really good flight and the lounge in Doha is excellent, if a little hard to find. Business felt like a real 'treat' and was a really nice way to start a holiday. Economy to and from Europe was decent enough - but especially coming back in the A380. Try and get a seat upstairs at the back of Business - small cabin with it's own toilets and only about 8-10 rows. I managed to score the front row so had heaps of leg room. From Doha back to Sydney they upgraded me to First from Business - what a treat! The Krug and caviar went down a treat and every aspect of the flight was excellent. I was really impressed by Qatar Airways and feel it is superior to both Qantas and Emirates.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Sydney via Doha
Date FlownDecember 2016

"service by cabin crew brilliant"

Verified Review | Medina to Istanbul via Doha. Our flight was overbooked from Medina when we got to the airport. We were told that only 3 of the 6 passengers could board the flight. We had a layover in Doha for a day so the connection time wasn't an issue. The check in staff told us that we came late to check in but then we argued that it doesn't mean that you can check in 3 passengers and can't check in the other 3 as we all came at the same time. Then they told us the truth that the flight was overbooked after 20 minutes and they said the next 3 flights are fully booked. So 3 of the passengers boarded the flight and the other 3 including me stayed at Madina airport. The Qatar airways manager was very calm and helpful. He put us on the next flight which was in 4 hours, gave us free lounge access and gave us compensation more that what we bought the ticket for. The flight from Medina to Doha was pleasant, food was nice, atmosphere was calm, and there was good in flight entertainment. The second flight to Istanbul was even better with more of a choice of food, inflight entertainment, and WiFi onboard which was working well. Overall the service by the cabin crew was brilliant and I would definitely recommend Qatar airways.
RouteMedina to Istanbul via Doha
Date FlownDecember 2016

"staff are excellent and genuine"

Verified Review | Bangkok to Doha, 09 Feb 2017, Economy Class seat 026D Airbus A380. Flight attendants and staff are excellent and genuine. Onboard the A380 you have a comfortable seat with satisfactory legroom (32 inches) and generous width (18,5 inches). Frequent flyers are seated on the upper desk, and usually may be assigned their favorite seat number, if they ask for it. Overall, flying the A380 with QR is an excellent experience. We just hope that Qatar Airways will keep their generous seat width (18,5) on the A380, and will not shift to a 17 width seat, as on their B777 (10 seats abreast).
RouteBangkok to Doha
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"my belief this was a one off"

(Saudi Arabia)

Verified Review | Madrid to Taif via Doha. I normally fly this airline if they have the route. I will overfly my destination and give myself a layover in Doha because they are were so good. I arrived with my 11 year old son very early for check in Madrid. So much so they were still checking in the early flight to Doha. QR 150 not 152. But they checked me in early superb service from the check in staff. A male boarding supervisor came and destroyed 8 years of perfect customer satisfaction in a few minutes. He informed me that I was welcome to use the silver lounge pass but my 11 year old son (minor) was not. This cost was incurred by Qatar Airways and despite he being registered as a minor family member he would not be able to use the facilities in Madrid as they cost Qatar Airways too much money and they had to pay for this service. A family member and a minor. He then confidently called the previous female supervisor who Qatar Airways should be very proud to have a an employee for her courteous and professional demeanor and manner who promptly over-ruled his decision and issued my 11 year old (minor) accompanying passenger to sit with his only accompanying passenger in the Iberia VIP lounge in terminal 4s. Having flown no airline but Qatar Airways for the last 7-8 years occasionally overflying my destination and having long layovers in one of the nicest airports in the world this will no longer be the case as matter of course. There are choices. When I become a burden of inconvenience for my loyalty as a customer then something happened to the overall picture. The flight was OK. Night flight nothing special other than the fasten seat belts sign was illuminated for the duration of the meal service and collection of trays, with no Turbulence. I look forward to returning to the best standards achievable in my next flight. The numerical assessment reflects my belief this was a one off by people / individuals having a bad day and professional people rectifying the issues after much deliberation. Hence still recommended. Doha to Taif was perfect as always. Except having bought a Qatar Airways ticket found myself on an Al Maha badged aircraft (internally) with no IFE. The staff are to be commended for this leg!
RouteMadrid to Taif via Doha

Qatar Airways Photos

QATAR AIRWAYS, the national carrier of the State of Qatar, is one of the fastest growing airlines with a modern fleet of 179 aircraft flying to more than 150 key business and leisure destinations across six continents. Qatar Airways is a member of the oneworld global alliance.

FIRST CLASS

A380 aircraft provide 8 first class suites, in 1x2x1 cabin layout.

flat_seatsFlat bed suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas (*not all flights)
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Typical seat layout of 1x2x1 (eg. A380, A350, B787) or 2x2x2 layout (eg. B777).

flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas (*not all flights)
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

Qatar Airways aircraft cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 inches
Seat widthSeat width : 17.5 -18.75 inches
WiFiOnboard WiFi (*not all flights)
power_iconIn-seat/USB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets supplied

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for Qatar Airways fleet. We have provided you a direct link to Qatar Airways Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

LOUNGES

At Doha Hamad International Airport, premium customers may use the luxury Al Safwa First class and Al Mourjan Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
WinesSignature bar service
SleepingQuiet room / rest area

» Qatar Airways lounge reviews

IFE

Qatar Airways recently launched Oryx One, an enhanced interface for its inflight entertainment system, increasing the number of movies and TV shows on board from 950 to up to 2,000. With the very first dual-screen interface, onboard A350, A380 and Boeing 787 aircraft, customers can multitask - like play a game on a handheld device as you wait for a movie to load on your personal screen.

ONBOARD WIFI

Stay connected with OnAir mobile service. WiFi services are available onboard Qatar Airways A380, A350, Boeing 787, A319 and selected A330, A320 and A321 aircraft.

AWARDS

Qatar Airways was one of the first airlines named as a 5-Star Airline. Qatar Airways won Airline of the Year, Best Business Class Airline Seat and Best Airline in the Middle East at the 2015 Skytrax World Airline Awards. This is the third time Qatar Airways has won this prestigious and coveted accolade of Airline of the Year.

» Airline Award results