Ryanair

"I will avoid this airline"

(Iceland)

Verified Review | Berlin to Rome. In future I will avoid this airline at all cost. They charge you a fee if you don't check in online, but arrive to check in at the airport. The fee is so high, €100 for a couple in the same booking. That was practically the same price we paid for the tickets.
RouteBerlin to Rome

"not recommended"

Verified Review | Ryanair is the worst airline. They will literally make you pay for everything. I went to Rhodes from Athens and then Athens to Santorini with the same carry on, and on the way back to Athens from Santorini staff said that if my carry on does not fit in their thing that "measures" our bags I'll have to pay 60€. My carry on was less than 2 kilos. I made it fit and guess what - they didn't have any space in the plane so I had to put it with the checks bags anyways. Ridiculous. Also if you forget to check in 2 hours before they charge you 60€ again to check you in. I've traveled with so many different airlines this one was far the worst one. Not recommended.
RouteSantorini to Athens
Date FlownJuly 2017

"efficient service on board"

(Greece)

Verified Review | Athens to Stansted. Excellent, efficient service on board. Food options to buy on board not bad at all, and not particularly expensive. The plane arrived 20 minutes early. Quick deplaning and leaving Stansted airport. Hand luggage was checked onto the plane without any issue. Plane new and clean, decent seat space, the only issue being that you cannot recline the seat. As they were half the price of the competition, will happily fly them again. Athens airport gate was a very long walk, but that is the fault of the airport, not the airline.
RouteAthens to Stansted
Date FlownJuly 2017

"You get what you pay for"

Verified Review | Flew Ryanair from Dublin to Glasgow. Nothing to complain about. 1 adult and 2 teens to Glasgow just cost 50€, so great value for money. 12€ to prebook seats. Don't expect to sit with your family if you don't prebook in advance. You get what you pay for. 2€ per person each way is great value. Staff were friendly both ways. Plane and seats were meh, what do you expect with Ryanair anyway.
RouteDublin to Glasgow
Date FlownApril 2017

"hand pick the rudest staff"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | Edinburgh to Dublin. Nothing but grief and trouble from the start - extras for everything. We are pensioners not geeks and the Company refused to help stating' Do it online'. Very rude staff at Dublin airport and in several, poor English skills. We were so traumatised by the whole event we return with another airline. You can't say you get what you pay for because its not much to start with. Never use them they must hand pick the rudest staff in the country.
RouteEdinburgh to Dublin
Date FlownJuly 2017

"I would fly with Ryanair again"

Verified Review | Rome to Stansted. The flight was fair and reasonable. Firstly, I booked on the basis of cost and secondly on their flight schedule. The equivalent flight on BA at similar times was much more expensive. They charge for drinks and snacks but it was not a rip off. Flight attendants were polite and presentable. Seating felt a bit cramped but it was a 737. Flight out landed 15 minutes ahead of schedule but the return was delayed 45 minutes at the gate at Rome Ciampino. This is a small busy airport consisting of one terminal and one runway, which I would now try avoid at peak times. In summary, I would fly with Ryanair again and its worth checking out your flight schedule options from different UK airports to your chosen destination, with Stanstead being their main hub.
RouteRome to Stansted
Date FlownJuly 2017

"Staff were good again and friendly"

Verified Review | First time with Ryanair, so having read all the reviews I was slightly worried. However the trip to Alicante from Manchester was a surprise. It was a newish plane with comfortable seating not reserved and reasonable legroom for a six footer +. Staf were friendly and not at all pushy as I had been led to believe. In all a pleasurable flight. Return however was different as it was an older type plane and although we had prepaid for seats on the return leg, they were extremely cramped and uncomfortable. They reminded me of the old "cattle class" seats when airlines didn't consider the customers just got as many on board as possible. I couldn't put the tray table down level as it was balanced on my chest! Staff were good again and friendly. If I book again I would need to know which type of aircraft it was before making a booking.
RouteManchester to Alicante
Date FlownJuly 2017

"a blatant money making venture"

Verified Review | Would never fly Ryanair again. Flew from Manchester to Rome. Despite checking in early we were allocated seats at opposite ends of the plane. When I phoned up they then 'sold' me the seat next to my husband! I understand that if you want to guarantee sitting together you need to pay for a seat but this is just a blatant money making venture. And the flight was late. Would not use again.
RouteManchester to Rome
Date FlownMay 2017

"I was one of the last to board the plane"

Verified Review | I just wanted to warn potential passengers on this route (Corfu to Birmingham with Ryanair) not to bother with priority boarding as they simply send you outside to queue in the sun, along with those passengers that require assistance. They are making you wait for a bus to take you to the plane. Now my experience might not be typical but the wait was quite long during which time a second queue formed alongside the original. When the bus finally came the priority boarders were slowed down by those that required assistance and the second queue piled on. I would like to point-out that I did not pay for priority boarding however I managed to get behind them in the first queue. Despite this I was one of the last to board the plane.
RouteCorfu to Birmingham
Date FlownJune 2017

"a good airline, no hassle"

(Poland)

Verified Review | I am a frequent flyer yet this was the first time with Ryanair flying from Warsaw Modlin to Brussels CRL. This is a good airline, no hassle and straight to the point. Great mobile app. The only downside is the website, there are some lags with the search engine, login bugs and it wouldn't cost anything to make it more visually appealing. Generous luggage allowance compared to Wizz Air, no luggage checks or anything. Cabin clean, although certainly not elegant, generous legroom and I'm 191cm tall. I'd fly Ryanair again.
RouteWarsaw Modlin to Brussels CRL