Top 100 Airlines

Ryanair

"cabin crew were very helpful"

(Portugal)

Flew from Bristol to Faro. Like a previous reviewer I too used 'passenger assistance' through Ryanair. The airline do not provide this but arrange it through the airport and whilst at Bristol the service was truly appalling (see my airport review), the service at Faro was excellent. The cabin crew were very helpful in assisting with loading luggage into the overhead bins and helping me to the front of the aircraft at Faro to await the 'lift'. It is not fair to blame an airline for poor airport service.
RouteBRS to FAO

"Ryanair, shame on you"

Cork to Lanzarote. I am writing a review on behalf of my partially sighted 76 year old mother, who flew alone on flight FR9943 from Cork to Lanzarote on the 8th of Sept. 2016 to meet other family members who were already holidaying there. My mother who also suffers from a chronic back problem can not walk quickly, nor can she walk long distances requested wheelchair assistance and a person to walk her on to the aircraft to find her seat as she is incapable of reading seat numbers due to her sight. All this information is clearly stated on the boarding pass. EASY, SIMPLE, wouldn't you think, not so for Ryanair, my mother was wheeled to the departure gate area and left there. Eventually after a period of time she managed to make her own way to the departure desk to inquire what was going on. The person there literally man handled my mother and ran her down the gangway onto the aircraft dropped her luggage on to a seat and left just as the flight was about to leave. There was not one member of cabin crew helped my mother, other passengers on the flight helped her to find her seat, she put her luggage on the floor as she would be totally unable to put it in the overhead locker. As any traveller would image, a very uncomfortable 4 hour flight with luggage taking up the small space where your feet should be. On arrival at Lanzarote, she and another passenger with need of assistance were left waiting at the exit door of the aircraft for a very long time (I don't know exactly how long but it was certainly long enough for family to start worrying and try to find her, afraid that they had somehow miss her). My mother was so upset with all she went through, that she could not, even 2 days into her holiday relax and enjoy herself. Her flight home was changed (by family, an added unexpected expense) to a different airline, only then did she begin to enjoy herself. Ryanair, shame on you.
RouteORK to ACE
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"very good value for money"

Flew Ryanair Manchester to Barcelona return on 4th August and back on 18th August. I had never flown with Ryanair before, and was not expecting much with it being a low-cost airline. Entering the terminal (Manchester T3) we were annoyed to see that Ryanair checks in all their flights at the same counters, and that there was a huge queue, stretching all the way to the cafés nearby. We arrived two hours before the flight and the check in queue took over an hour and obviously we were worried about missing our flight. After getting through check in and security we were running to catch the flight even after being sent to the front of the line in security, thankfully we made it. Upon entering the aircraft (B737-800) I was shocked at how crammed the plane was with seats, the legroom was barely big enough to get to the seat (middle) in the first place, but for a 2 hour flight I could manage. After departure we were handed a magazine with a menu inside. The menu was basic and quite overpriced, but I was hungry so I bought a buttered croissant and a tea (same on the way back) for €3. The flight attendants were kind, attentive and efficient and I received my food very quickly. The food was tasty and the croissant had been warmed. There was a little turbulence on the way, and my tea sloshed a little on me, and the flight attendant quickly helped me clean it up with a smile. After landing in Barcelona we had to wait 25 minutes for our bags to arrive. On the way back to Manchester two weeks later we were cautious and arrived at the airport 2h 30m before the flight instead, but check in and security were very fast and we spent nearly 2 hours in departures, and with big glass windows this was great for me, being an avid plane spotter. The gate was surprisingly in arrivals, and therefore we had to go through security again to get to the plane. After waiting for 20 minutes to board we, along with everyone else were directed towards arrivals, rather than towards the plane, which ended up in a big confusion for the airport staff. Like on the way, the attendants were attentive and kind and although we had major problems with ground staff the airline is very good value for money, and I would recommend it for those who do not have much money to spend on their flight, although if there is a flight with a different airline with a similar price, I'd pick the other.
RouteMAN to BCN
Date FlownAugust 2016

"ticketing agent was rude"

Stansted to Verona with Ryanair. Cheap airline and offers good value but we were surprised and shocked when we were hit with fee of 45GBP each for issuing the boarding pass. The ticketing agent was also rude. So make sure you print your boarding pass.
RouteSTN to VRN

"very happy customers"

We use Ryanair 6 or 8 times a year from Ireland to Spain or UK, and satisfied with service and value for money. This flight on 5 September from Shannon to Malaga was excellent. Clean, comfortable and on time. Cabin staff exceptional, pleasant, attentive helpful. Observed several instances of help offered with a smile. Very happy customers.
RouteSNN to AGP
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"not even get an apology"

My partner and I were due to depart Mallorca at 11:05 today. The plane was still unloading passengers shortly before 11am so a delay was inevitable. Once the plane had been loaded we were advised by the captain that we had missed the slot and would have to wait for another. We sat on the tarmac for a further hour without a single follow up message from the pilot. We never heard again from the pilots at all throughout the entire journey even once we had landed. At East Midlands, the doors were opened and we were then advised that no ground-crew were available to unload the plane so we again waited on the tarmac for a further 10 minutes. No point Ryainair blaming the ground crew like they did, the reality is that the flight arrived late at Mallorca and therefore late to East Midlands so should put the blame on themselves. I get that delays will occur from time to time, but to not even get an apology for the delays is ridiculous.
RoutePMI to EMA
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"plane was littered from previous flight"

Malaga to London Stansted with Ryanair. The plane had not been cleaned - immediate strong smell and faulty toilet on entering the plane. The floor of the plane was littered from its previous flight. Cabin crew asked cleaners to come on but none came into the plane and it was not cleaned. Passengers sitting nearest to the offending WC were advised it had been flushed out and would be OK, though the strong and unpleasant smell persisted throughout the flight. Cabin crew urged us to sympathise as they were having to work with the smell. They confirmed the state of the plane would be reported by them on landing. I doubt that Ryanair will respond. The crew members confirmed that Ryanair could be contacted about the uncomfortable flight but said Ryanair wouldn't do anything.
RouteAGP to STN
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"never missed a flight before"

Verified Review | My wife and two children missed a Ryanair flight to Stockholm Stavsta from Stansted after the baggage check in was slow. They joined the baggage queue 110 mins before take off. Not enough check in staff. No sense of urgency apparent. She complained and was asked to pay again. The whole family is very well travelled and have never missed a flight before. We lived in Nigeria for several years and experienced many African airports. Even before getting to Ryanair check in I was shocked. The toilets and the chaos! Fly Ryanair again? No. Stansted again? No.
RouteSTN to NYO
Date FlownMay 2016

"for the price we paid, it was absolutely fine"

Ryanair flight from London Stansted, to Milan Malpensa. Tickets were very cheap so it didn't really mater about the flight quality. Ground service was decent, we had online checked in and so we jumped the queue. Flight was on time, and boarding process was relatively easy. Flight cabin was clean and new, one of the newer Ryanair jets. Flight was fine, no food and drink served, but for the price we paid, it was absolutely fine. Was a short flight, 2hrs, and overall a pleasant experience. Overall, I would recommend Ryanair to anyone flying short-haul, especially if the price is cheap.
RouteSTN to MXP
Date FlownApril 2016

"no meaningful help was offered"

Verified Review | London Stansted to Nuremberg. Asked for assistance at Stansted airport for my autistic son who has great difficulty dealing with queues and large crowds, an email was received saying this would be given. The staff at the assistance desk ought to be ashamed of themselves, I was spoken to rudely and no meaningful help whatsoever was offered, they were uncaring, uninterested and inept. Ryanair ought to be ashamed. There were bodily impaired passengers sat in wheelchairs who mentioned to me that good luck getting any help, we have been waiting here hours. In the end I had to sort the issue out myself, numerous kind and understanding Stansted airport staff said to me that Ryanair are not doing their job and were more than willing to assist. Having flown with Easyjet with the same scenario they were superb dealing with this situation. Typical flight - got on-got off - can't ask for more than that with, in fact the flight crew were fine.
RouteSTN to NUE