Ryanair

Review by (United Kingdom) 24th July 2015

Second round trip with Ryanair this year and all went fairly smoothly. Had booked early for a good price and managed to check in for return flight at home before leaving for Liverpool airport early in the morning, so avoided any extra charges. Did have a 30 minutes delay on the outward journey which was attributed to Belgian ATC because of the "very busy skies over Europe this morning", but since boarding (for an early morning flight) did not start till about 20 minutes before scheduled departure time I suspect we simply missed our designated slot. Also there was a puzzling request from the cabin manager that passengers should make sure they sat in their allocated seats because of the carefully arranged weight distribution. Given that the plane was completely full, how and where was weight distribution arranged? Plenty of sales pitches on both legs, but my impression was that many of the passengers just switched off and sales were actually fewer than on flights I've had with easyJet. None of the past quibbling over cabin baggage and even on the full outward flight everyone seemed to get their bags stowed in the lockers with crew members' assistance. Ryanair certainly seems to be more passenger-friendly these days but it is still advisable to be aware of the rules to avoid any possible pitfalls.
RouteLiverpool to Malaga

Review by (Belgium) 23rd July 2015

Terrible experience by check-in. In both flights we had to wait more than 1 hour because all passengers who came too late for other flights had priority. Very unfriendly staff, especially in Brussels (Zaventem). Passengers are humiliated by the staff and bad organisation of Ryanair. The ticket was not cheap at all!
RouteBrussels to Lisbon

Review by (Ireland) 23rd July 2015

I have previously travelled with Ryanair many years ago and always hated the experience. However, recently decided to give it a shot as they fly direct to Marrakech. I was impressed with their website and ease of use. I managed to prebook seats, luggage, check in online etc. It's a no frills airline but you are paying such great prices so you cannot complain. The cabin crew were friendly and did a good job on board. The only negative comment I can say is that they had ran out of Prosecco (except for 1 bottle) on both flights and we were sitting in Row 3! The bar seemed poorly stocked and on the return flight I heard that there was no hot food available. I am not surprised as the passengers were only getting off our aircraft 5 minutes before we boarded it to return home. I never saw an aircraft turned around so quickly in all my years of travel. A big plus was no lost baggage and everything arrived home in one piece, including delicate pottery souvenirs etc.
RouteDublin to Marrakech

Review by (United Kingdom) 23rd July 2015

Ryanair chartered an Air Explore aircraft for both flights and on both legs we were on a filthy aircraft. The overhead lockers were caked in dust and chewing gum stuck to the seats. The cabin crew were pleasant enough, however we did not hear a peep out of the flight deck - a welcome would have been good customer service.
RouteStansted to Poznan

Review by (Switzerland) 22nd July 2015

No frills airline so did not expect free food/entertainment, beverage service fast and ok. Seats width ok but not enough legroom for me (191 cm tall), also backrests not adjustable but was a short flight. Very smooth check-in at FMM (4 counters open), fast boarding.
RouteFMM to AHO

Review by (Australia) 22nd July 2015

Arrived two hours before flight. Hundreds of people fighting to check bags, took over one hour and twenty five minutes to get to check bags. They kept putting people in front of us who had arrived late. After check in we had to fight and push our way through a grid lock for security , then ran like mad people through the crowd just making the aircraft before gates closed. I have never experienced anything lie it before. After paying for baggage, I think British Airways would have been cheaper, considering had to make our way to and from Stanstead as well.
RouteStansted, Uk to Knock, Ireland

Review by (United Kingdom) 21st July 2015

I don't see why people complain about the airline so much! I've flown with them for the last 8 years with no issues whatsoever! I fly with them every year as they are the only UK based carrier that takes me to where I need without a long car trip afterwards! Ok, so the interior is yellow and blue, but what do I expect for a cheap ticket? The crew aren't bad, they do what they need and usually with a smile, I have never had a problem.
AircraftBoeing 737-800WL
RouteLondon, Stansted to Rzeszow, Jasionka

Review by (France) 20th July 2015

I'm starting to fly this route more regularly, and for the first time have to report what I consider to be a significant failing with the cabin crew. Our plane (FR7974) left late (after a late inbound arrival). I was sitting in Row 2. There was a minimal announcement from the flight deck naming the crew but nothing to invite the passengers to listen attentively to the safety briefing, which is often the final point made during the cockpit pre-flight passenger announcement. The announcement was very quiet and the delivery was monotone. I appreciate that the flight deck crew wanted to get a slot and head back to London as quickly as possible so their priorities might be elsewhere. The pasenger safety briefing was voiced by the female cabin crew member but it was impossible to hear (even in row 2). Even the young man doing the demonstration seemed frustrated by the lack of interest being shown. When I asked the female cabin crew why she had not stopped the briefing and reminded the passengers to pay attention, she told me it was not really worth it, because 'they (the passengers) wouldn't do it and anyway they fly so regularly that they don't need to listen to it because they know what to do by now'. The drinks run and duty free run were very speedy, leading to the crew spending around 10 mins in the forward galley area spilling out into the aisle in full sight of the passengers each with a mobile phone in their hand and chatting. Apart from the young man cabin crew at the front who made a personal, animated and delightful appeal for the scratch card run, and whose cabin service was friendly and most welcome, this cabin crew seemed to be the most uninterested and switched off that I have travelled with in over 15 years of travelling with Ryanair. Very disappointing.
RouteBSL to STN

Review by (United Kingdom) 17th July 2015

I have flown with Ryanair for the last 10 years because they are cheap and relatively reliable (I think I can count the numbers of times my flights with Ryanair have been delayed on one hand). Billund to Venice went smoothly. I regard Ryanair as a very good airline if you only want to get from A-B fast, are not interested in the flight service and food and that you remember to stay clear of any overweight luggage. Lately I have noticed that they do not weigh the hand luggage anymore and are fair with the weight.
RouteBillund to Venice

Review by (Canada) 15th July 2015

This was our first experience with Ryanair. When booking the flights, we were impressed with the low fares. We did print our boarding passes to avoid fees at the airport but missed that you have to pay for baggage online. With the fees at the airport, the suitcases cost us double the fare for us to fly. It would have been cheaper to book seats for our suitcases!
RouteEdinburgh to Gasglow