Ryanair

Review by (United States) 29th June 2015

Cheap but problem on that route. Apparently Ryanair is having a labor dispute with it's baggage handlers at MAD airport. Consequently no baggage was carried on that route and I was not informed until 2 days before the flight. I was already in Europe and my bag was too large to fit in an overhead luggage compartment. I had to privately ship my bag to MAD at a much greater cost and received only the baggage charge refund. Ryanair is not a customer friendly airline. If anything goes wrong you are left to your own devices to find a solution.
RouteSantiago to Madrid

Review by (United Kingdom) 29th June 2015

Not as good as other airlines, but I guess you get what you pay for. You don't expect much from a flight with low prices. Staff seem disinterested and lack enthusiasm for their job. Inflight food is extortionate and not worth the money. Beware that unless you are in the first half of passengers at the gate then you are unlikely to be able to take your cabin baggage onboard with you and will have to put it in the hold.
RouteLiverpool to Dublin

Review by (United Kingdom) 29th June 2015

Experience was poor. We booked with Ryanair after a long time of not using them after previous bad experiences but saw the new website and various other newly replaced items and services that Ryanair use and bought tickets for return flights to Tenerife. However easier the prepayment section of the booking experience and website may be we found that once you had played the airline used all sorts of dirty tricks such as making you pay for allocated seating if you wanted to make sure your party was sitting together and charging for all sorts of other service that would be expected to be provided freely. This made the flights no cheaper than the ones that other airlines offered. The cabin - despite pictures on the internet - looked gloomy, old fashioned and dirty. Onboard food as overpriced and service was slow. The cabin crew were constantly pushing you to buy products as they are partially payed on commission. Also the main reason Ryanair is usually on time is that unlike other airlines they add an additional 10 minutes onto the actual estimated flight time.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteLeeds Bradford to Tenerife

Review by (United Kingdom) 28th June 2015

Created my own "connection" via Dublin to get from Glasgow to Bremen. Excellent value and only travelled with cabin baggage. Due to the time of year I assumed the flights would be busy so asked at the Bag Drop desks at both Glasgow and Dublin if they could accept by bag into the hold, which they did free of charge and with no fuss. GLA-DUB flight was slightly late due to the aircraft arriving late into Glasgow, but the next sector was on time, arriving 10 minutes early. Both flights typical Ryanair, the service being consistent. Crew on the DUB-BRE sector had more time to chat and appeared efficient. Bags arrived on time at each airport and pre-booked seats worked well. I like the calmer boarding atmosphere that allocated seating brings.
RouteGLA to BRE via DUB

Review by (United Kingdom) 28th June 2015

Dropped my bag off at the dedicated Ryanair Terminal E at Bremen. Boarding was slightly chaotic due to simultaneous departing flights to the UK, but this was not Ryanair's issue, being within the control of the airport authorities. The cabin crew were very welcoming, especially the cabin supervisor. She appeared efficient and along with the rest of the crew seemed to go out of her way to chat to as many passengers as possible when the opportunity arose. The crew were humorous in their charity scratchcard sales pitch and the flight arrived in Edinburgh around 15 minutes ahead of schedule. Very good value for money and a useful route between Scotland and this part of northern Germany. Would definitely use again.
RouteBRE to EDI

Review by (United Kingdom) 27th June 2015

The good. £200 for 2 return flights in June represents excellent value for money. Both flights were more or less on time, and the outward boarding was quite smooth. The bad. On the outward flight awful overpriced food was offered and there were 2 ‘scratch card runs ‘. On a two and a half hour flight? There being no on board magazine or duty free menu is it any wonder nobody buys any duty free goods – nobody has any idea what is for sale. At the end of the flight there was no thanks or goodbye as we left the plane the first time in 35 years I have ever had this. The two cabin crew by the rear doors totally ignored the departing passengers whilst chatting in their own language. Very unprofessional cabin crew that day. On the journey back the cabin crew were much better. There was only one scratchcard run and one hard sell on the breakfast lasagne that ‘melted in your mouth ‘. No thanks. Our real issue as we were waiting in the queue (towards the back) to embark a ground staff came up the line and attached yellow stickers to our hand luggage and boarding pass. She spoke no English, and we eventually worked out our hand luggage (which was all we had by choice) was now going in the hold. This was a bit of a disaster for us as we were now being forced to wait at the baggage reclaim at the other end , a wait which proved to be about half an hour meaning we overshot out car parking time and had to pay excess. Despite this sticker business some people behind us in the queue were removing the stickers prior to embarking and just taking the luggage on the plane anyway. But we played the game and tried to safeguard some delicate stuff we had. Despite this on arrival home we found that some articles were damaged, something that should never have happened in the first place. So, in a nutshell if you are prepared to forsake everything for a cheap flight Ryanair are the best in the business. If the travelling is a big part of your trip, avoid them like the plague. We will be in future and have decided never again. There are deals out there on decent airlines.
RouteLondon Stansted to Jerez

Review by (Greece) 18th June 2015

Quite nice experience and on-time flight. The crew was friendly but the seats not that comfortable as I wanted.
RouteATH to CRL

Review by (Spain) 14th June 2015

This flight was a prime example of how a good crew make all the difference. Some girlfriends and I were on our way to a birthday weekend getaway. The BRU based crew were fabulous, joking with us and even announced the birthday over the speakers. I have never been a fan of Ryanair but maybe changes are happening. Although ground crew was shouting at a pax at boarding so maybe some tweaking needed yet!
RouteAGP to BRU

Review by (United Kingdom) 13th June 2015

We were very pleased with all aspects of our Ryanair experience both to and from East Midlands Airport and Barcelona Airport last week. The booking, reminders and boarding passes were easily accessed. The staff on the ground and inflight were very efficient and hard working, friendly and pleasant at all times. People had said that due to previous reports about Ryanair, stopped them from flying with the company. We found these comments untrue, and will certainly use Ryanair again. Perhaps, if passengers were to read the full details, instead of assuming, they would have a better view.

Review by (United Kingdom) 13th June 2015

2nd June Flight from Bergamo to East Midlands. Whilst in the queue to board a member of staff tagged my hand luggage and boarding pass with yellow stickers. I was just over half way down the queue. All the people around me were being tagged so thought nothing of it. On boarding I moved to my seat half way along the plane. A member of the crew who was stood near to my seat told me my bag should've been left at the entrance and put in the hold. I had at no point before this been told to do so. The aisle was rammed with passengers but she still wanted me to take my bag off the plane. After much discussion I persuaded her to let me put my bag in the overhead where there was plenty of space and I would remove it if necessary. I sat and watched many more passengers board who had arrived much later than me (no stickers on their bags) as it happened there was plenty of space in the lockers so my bag stayed put. I had booked hand luggage only as I needed to be out of the airport quickly. My bag was not oversized and I was nowhere near the back of the queue for boarding. I am not happy that I was made to feel so uncomfortable in front of other passengers.
RouteBergamo to East Midlands