Ryanair

"Ryanair have given me no explanation"

Review by (United Kingdom)

I should have been on this flight but 15 days before flying it was cancelled together with the return flight from Italy. Apparently they can do this and there is nothing you can do about it. They claim it was done for operational reasons. I was unable to contact them and had no choice but spend double my original fare in order to book flights with another airline. However, the flight still left on the day it was supposed to. Of course my seats had been resold at twice the price I paid (they were advertising them the day after they cancelled my flight). Despite 3 emails complaining to Ryanair they have given me no explanation for telling me my flight was cancelled when it wasn't.
RouteStansted to Milan Bergamo
Date FlownJuly 2015

"food is bad and too expensive"

Review by (Germany)

The Ryanair staff are friendly, but this is the only positive thing I can tell about. Less space between the seats, the food is bad and too expensive. Even drinks (with or without) alcohol are not to enjoy. They try to sell the food and drinks all the flight. Before flying back to Germany, we waited for about an hour for just checking in the luggage. Staff problems was the reason, just 1 person had to serve 3 counters.
RouteFrankfurt-Hahn to Fuerteventura
Date FlownJuly 2015

"Ryanair fleet seems to be ageing badly"

Review by (United Kingdom)

The Ryanair fleet seems to be ageing badly. Over my 12 flights in total, the delays were under 50 minutes, so really not bad, never had a technical fault or other incident. However, the quality this time around on our Arrecife flight was lower than it was 2 years ago, the age of the plane was 3 years, however the interior cabin looked shabby. The flight was again without incident, but the standards of aircraft interior are now much lower than say the easyJet flight I took 2 weeks prior. All in all you get what you pay for, although saying that, I didnt get a cheap flight here - paying for Priority (my choice I know, but with 4 Children!) put the price up, perhaps families could get first dibs at seats?
RouteArrecife to Luton
Date FlownAugust 2015

"superior couldn’t care less attitude"

Review by (Canada)

For some ridiculous reason, using Ryanair online check-in which is mandatory, you need to re-enter all passport info again into the same system that already stored it when tickets were purchased. I again entered all info for our family of 8 and the website timed me out. I tried again, saving the info as I went along but their system does not allow saves. Again, timed out with an ‘error’ page. At check in we explained to a Ryanair agent what happened. She rudely told us this was not their problem and we had to pay extra. We were sent to pay for one bag and a check-in fee, amounting to $630Cdn, more than the price of 8 flights! We were told if we prove an ‘error’ page on the computer they would refund. We showed them the error page. They wouldn’t accept it there and forced us to pay up front then call customer service for a refund. We did, and received a stock email and refused us a refund. Everyone we dealt with had a superior couldn’t care less attitude. They lied about a refund being possible. As a business owner, this kind of service appalls me. This whole episode left a bad taste in our mouth and coloured our first trip to Ireland. We will never fly Ryanair again.
RouteShannon to Paris
Date FlownAugust 2015

"never fly with them again"

Review by (United Kingdom)

Due to my taking over my daughters ex partners seat had to pay £170 for this Ryanair flight. This was purely for a name change. Although Ryanair say they only charge £110 (!) they charged £170. So the holiday was more expensive than by flying with a normal airline. As I have read previously, had to pay for returning seats as couldn't print boarding pass until we arrived at holiday resort. So found this all a rip off. Due to previous flights with Ryanair I wouldn't have booked this time but it was already booked with Ryanair. Would never fly with them again. Most uncomfortable on the flight too, no leg room and our hand luggage was halfway up the plane as the flight was full.
RouteStansted to Barcelona
Date FlownAugust 2015

"I got the worst service"

Review by (United Kingdom)

You should be very careful when choosing Ryanair. You will buy a ticket within Europe and the currency adopted is the country of the departure, which is a normal proceedure. However, the currency rate they use to charge you is different from the official rate! Which leads you to think you are paying X, but you are actually paying X + 100. In the end the flight cost me as much as full service airline, but I got the worst service. I did not get a glass of water on my international flight with Ryanair. I emailed them about 15 times before the flight to explain there was a problem with the amount they were charging, which was a totally different amount. To add a bag on the website is supposed to be 45 euros, but they charge 56 euros, I never understood that, and they never answered why. Their replies were nonsense emails not answering my questions. At the airport I found out why, because their ruddest staff had the courage to say "You chose to fly Ryanair, so you have to pay as much as we say it is."
RouteKrakow to Athens
Date FlownAugust 2015

"sloppy is an understatement"

Review by (United Kingdom)

I was travelling with a family group including three children under 5. I anticipated a delay from Palma and so I was not surprised when we took off almost two hours past our due time. At Palma, after having our boarding passes checked, we then went into the glass walkway to the aircraft and stood waiting in the same place to board. This glass walkway was in the full sun with people using anything for a fan and given no reason for this. I was very concerned for my baby granddaughter who was sweating profusely and we were in this situation for approximately 15 minutes. Why did that happen, could we not have been held back in the departure lounge. It was appalling and of course no offer of any water. On the flight there were members of staff, or I assume they were, who were helping uniformed staff but one was in shorts and t-shirt and the other casually dressed. To state sloppy is an understatement, it was appalling. These flight were not cheap as they were in the peak summer period so no consolation there. Appalling
RoutePalma to Stansted

Review by (United Kingdom)

Everything fine if a tad expensive when you are trapped on the aircraft. On return flight had smaller bags stowed in the hold free. My point of contention was the fact that when you go too foreign shores where you know no-one the difficulty in getting returning boarding passes printed and for that reason I will think twice about using them again unless they change their rules and the outward and inward passes can be printed before leaving home.
AircraftA-340
RouteBournemouth to Malta

Review by (United Kingdom)

An extra 180 euros we had to find to get our boarding passes so we could get home, if you don't pay the extra charge you don't fly. You must print off your boarding passes 48hrs before you fly and if you don't have access to the internet you will be charged 45 euros per person. This is in the terms and conditions. Why when we printed the outbound tickets from Manchester to Malaga wasn't I able to print inbound tickets at the same time, that's just common sense to me. We were lucky this was the only thing they could charge us for, if your luggage is to heavy its 10 euros per kilo.
RouteMalaga to Manchester

Review by (Belgium)

I have traveled many times with Ryanair this year, all flights were on time and arrived on time. I would like to share a incident which we had in Prague airport when I was travelling with my wife and daughter. We went on holiday for a week from Brussels to Prague and then came back from Prague to Brussels on 19th August 2015. We lost our passports in an OBB train in Vienna a day before our return flight. Apart from my Belgium residence card, we didnt have any original proof of identity of my wife and daughter, the staff who manage Ryanair in Prague were very helpful along with the Immigration police officers who helped us board our flight. I really thank Ryanair staff and the staff of the company which manages Ryanair services in Prague airport. We finally found our passports and the OBB staff delivered the same at our residence in Belgium. I would strongly recommend Ryanair.
RoutePrague to Brussels