Top 100 Airlines

Ryanair

"just a money rip off"

Verified Review | The flight from Berlin to East Midland Airports was on time. This is the first time I have flown with Ryanair and I paid for business plus which was a total waste of money. I was expecting what they advertised, priority boarding, no hassle on checking-in lugagge and security. In fact, I was had to queue up like usual to check in luggage, I did jump to their so called "BusinessPlus" counter to ask where to check in, staff asked me to stay back and wait, and nothing happened. When I was about to go into the priority boarding area, staff stopped me and asked me loudly: "you have priority?" When the bus came and we are about to board priority staff again stopped me and asked me again, "are you in priority?" I did have priority boarding but not on the plane, but only on the bus that transported us to board the plane. So when boarding the plane, we still boarded as usual in a long queue. The seat onboard is normal and I was sitting in the front row near an aisle, which was really annoying as the corridor was so small and people kept going to the toilet located just in front of my seat, and therefore, I could not enjoy the "long leg room" as the space is just too small. Overall, Ryanair is economical to fly with but remember, don't waste money on upgrading especially Business Plus which is a totally waste of money. From my experience, you don't get priority on luggage checking in, security, boarding and thus, it is just a money rip off.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteSXF to EMA

"I will use them again"

East Midlands to Limoges with Ryanair. I was expecting a poor service, and this was seemingly confirmed by the slow and tedious check-in. However, everything from then onwards was very good. My mother had assisted passage which was very useful due to the long trek at East Midlands airport to the Ryanair terminal and the airline staff were all helpful and professional. The aircraft looked to be nearly new and it was on time. Food was quite acceptable and certainly no worse than available on other budget airlines. Because Ryanair is the only airline offering a reasonable price (not cheap at around £90 each) to the location I want to travel to, I will use them again. Overall a pleasant surprise being better than expected. 7 out of 10.
AircraftBoeing 737 800
RouteEMA to LIG
Date FlownJune 2015

"did what it said on the tin"

Flew with Ryanair for first time with friends from East Midlands to Murcia - they booked flight and paid the extra for extra legroom seats, baggage, golf clubs and priority boarding. Flight on time but the very hardest landing ever in 40 years of flying. Very hard uncomfortable seat cushions but worth the extra for the legroom - more than 2 hours in one of the normal seats would be horrible to anyone over 5'7" or so. Baggage off promptly. Return flight 20th May uneventful. Took off on time and landed at EMA on time only for Ryanair to spoil it by not ensuring busses were ready to transport us the 25 yards of so to the Terminal. Their stated 25 minute turnaround time was ruined for the next flight. Ryanair did what it said on the tin - if you follow the rules and watch weight allowances, hand baggage size etc you'll be fine. We will be trying Ryanair again with some American friends in September - let's see what they think. Finally, could really do without the hard sell of lottery tickets, and a Duty Free (In Europe?) run. And as for the stupid fanfare.
RouteEMA to MJV
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"unhappy with customer service "

Verified Review | Malaga to Manchester on Ryanair. Unhappy with the customer service and attitude of the staff. When my flight was cancelled I was surprised with the lack of empathy and assistance that Ryanair staff offered. They did organise an alternative flight, however ignored my friend and I on numerous occasions, sent us running around the airport looking for our luggage without direction, shouted at other flyers whilst they were attempting to organise their return, did not offer food and drinks vouchers and were just unhelpful. Our luggage was left abandoned in Arrivals with no supervision whilst other desks were manned. It was a very scary experience for me never having a flight cancelled before. On my rescheduled flight boarding was delayed by 40 minutes as the check in staff did not offer hand luggage to be stored in the hold and the flight staff again looked very unhappy in their job resulting in a very depressing flight home. I expect better and would reconsider flying with them again.
RouteAGP to MAN

"will fly Ryanair again"

Leeds to Fuerteventura return in May, excellent both ways and good service. Nice cabin crew, landed early on both flights and for the price I paid an absolute bargain. I will fly Ryanair again. The way they get aircraft turned round is a bonus for passengers.
AircraftBoeing 737 / 800
RouteLBA to FUE
Date FlownMay 2016

"lot of ground to make up"

Manchester to Bratislava. Ryanair have much improved since I last flew with them around 5 years ago. Cabin crew both ways were friendly and their new uniforms look the part. The two bag policy is good and it sets them apart from other carriers and I'm glad they no longer micro examine the size of every carry on bag in the hope of eliciting some more money for a minor infringement - but truth be told, they've a lot of ground to make up on other low cost carriers who started to improve their customer experience long before Ryanair did. The seats are uncomfortable and cramped. No seat pocket annoys me and puts me off buying anything (still way overpriced). As does the broken tray table with a 45 degree slant meaning anything placed on it rolls into your lap. The fan fare on arrival irritates and is frankly crass. The seat rest and overhead bin adverts make remind me of a bus. The toilet is cramped. The occupier of the aisle seat next to me had a bag that didn't fit under the seat in front of him resulting my having to clamber over it to get out mid flight. That'd be fun in an emergency. I know they are upgrading their fleet with new seats and interiors and I realise they make a lot of short journeys so wear and tear is inevitable, but Easyjet manage to provide more comfortable and clean aircraft with a better environment so why can't Ryanair? Particularly as their prices are no longer quite as competitive as they were. I'll use them again where I have to but given a choice of paying 1/3 more and travelling with someone else, I will.
RouteMAN to BTS

"more than satisfied"

Short european hop from Madrid to London Stansted with Ryanair. Check in on-line and no baggage. Slight 20 minute boarding delay and first 90 or so bags allowed free onboard. Quick departure and a very slow cabin service. Not sure why the crew took so long this time but they looked very smart, good presentation and interested in the service and customers. Had a 10 euro meal deal which was not bad value for money. Arrived a few minutes late and quick exit. Fantastic value for money at 55 euro single. Overall and once again, I am more than satisfied by Ryanair.
RouteMAD to STN

"friendly cabin crew"

Verified Review | Never been a huge fan of Ryanair from past experiences but I acknowledge they provide an A-B service at a generally good price and that is why they are so popular. I wasn't expecting much from this recent trip I made from Stansted to Gothenburg but I came away feeling I'd do it all again if this is what I can get for my money. On time flights, clean airplane, friendly cabin crew and excellent choice of on board products. Yes, they are a hard seller and the rules are what they are, but we should all know that by now, and for the price you pay nothing comes close. If you want a weekend away in Europe at a low price why would you look elsewhere?
RouteSTN to GOT

"couldn't ask for more"

(Croatia)

Verified Review | I flew with Ryanar on Friday (29/4/16) and Monday (2/5/16) from Brussels to Pula and it was great experience. Crew were fantastic. I don't know what other people are complaining about, for such a low price, I couldn't ask for more. A passenger in front of me almost fainted and the crew helped her in the best possible way. Seats aren't the best, the plane doesn't look the best, but for the price I paid, it was worth it. I'll continue to fly with Ryanair as I had no complaints.
RouteCRL to PUY

"crew were very good"

Dublin to Malaga return. Outbound on new aircraft with new interiors, and found seats comfortable with thankfully still no recline, leg room decent for flight duration. Malaga based crew were very good and friendly. Return trip on older aircraft, again a very good Malaga based crew who looked after all passengers very well. All flights on time and great price. Delighted to see end of former let's make travelling as much hassle as possible business ethos.
RouteDUB to AGP