Ryanair

"handled the cancellation efficiently"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | This is not about a flight it is about the superb way Ryanair customer services handled our forced cancellation of a flight from Pisa to Brindisi. My mother died and they handled the cancellation efficiently and refunded the costs in a very timely manner, full marks to them.
RoutePisa to Brindisi
Date FlownAugust 2017

"was not a cheap flight"

Verified Review | Flew Ryanair from Corfu to Stansted. Flight was delayed over one hour, passengers told to start queuing at least an hour before boarding. Predominantly elderly forced to stand for this time. Further queue on tarmac as aircraft not ready. 'Speedy boarders' ended up boarding after those rushed through a second departure gate and onto the first transit bus. So that was a waste of money. This was not a cheap flight, booked because of timing of departure.
RouteCorfu to Stansted
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"my least favourite airline"

Verified Review | Stansted to Riga. If you do not pay to choose your seats they make sure you are separated from people in your party. They do this so that you pay extra. But I really hope people don't pay as this is typical of the management at Ryanair. In flight from stansted to Riga the cabin crew announced that the the money from the scratch cards goes to charity. The priority boarding was funny from Riga to Stansted - they let both queues in at the same time - can you imagine paying to be let onto the plane at the same time. We all know they are cheap and therefore popular, but you are the worst household brand and my least favourite airline.
RouteStansted to Riga
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"will give separated seats"

Verified Review | Edinburgh to Stansted. If you are looking to fly low cost with your family avoid Ryanair. They will give separated seats to all members of your family and then if you want to stay together you would need to pay for the seats which could add up to a lot of money.
RouteEdinburgh to Stansted
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"on time, little leg space"

(Italy)

Verified Review | Cologne Bonn to Rome Ciampino. Business as usual: flight on time, little leg space, no entertainment or service, but I did not expect any. I would also say that Ryanair has lessened its aggressive marketing strategies of its first times, when during a 2-hour flight passengers were interrupted several times trying to sell them something.
RouteCologne Bonn to Rome Ciampino
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"delays on both legs of our journey"

Verified Review | Dublin to Amsterdam. Significant delays experienced on both legs of our journey - 2 hours on the way out which seriously interfered with our plans, including a very uncomfortable 45 minutes sitting on a packed plane on the runway, and 2.5 hours on the return journey. Updated announcements for both delays were fed out incrementally every 10-15 minutes, when we could clearly see that the plane was still on the tarmac at the other end and had no hope of reaching AMS/ DUB for at least 90 minutes. To top it off, once on board, it was announced that the Captain was "negotiating with ATC" but with no success, when in reality the Ryanair aircraft on this route had missed their time slot earlier in the day resulting in each subsequent flight being pushed back. The staff on the return flight looked really weary but were troopers and delivered good service. Aircraft on both legs were untidy with detritus from previous passengers. Thankfully we had paid for priority boarding and seats and so apart from the inconvenience, were somewhat insulated from the full brunt.
RouteDublin to Amsterdam
Date FlownAugust 2017

"won't be flying with Ryanair again"

Verified Review | Manchester to Fuerteventura. I paid an additional £26 to sit next to my wife only to find they had split us up again. I contacted Ryanair only to be told they were a non refund company and that my only option was to cancel the flight or sit in our seats. We had delays both sides, the cabin staff wouldn't take litter off anyone until the end of the flight. I know not all airlines provide complimentary food but I think £13 is ridiculous for a rubbish toasty and a water. It was 4.5 hour flight that was delayed you would think there would be something. Overall, myself and others we met at the airport have all said we won't be flying with Ryanair again. My advice is fork out a few extra quid and not have the first last part of your holiday ruined.
RouteManchester to Fuerteventura
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"I was shocked at the filth"

Verified Review | Gdansk to Bristol. Having never flown with Ryanair before I assumed it would be similar to other budget airlines I have flown with in the past. I was shocked at the filth I had to sit in on the flight. The seats and carpets were covered in crumbs and all sorts of rubbish. I pulled down the table to discover it was encrusted with food from previous customers, and absolutely disgusting. I will never fly with Ryanair again. They charge premium prices for the lowest service. I'm sticking with easyjet.
RouteGdansk to Bristol
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"avoid this airline from now on"

(Brazil)

Verified Review | Rome to Budapest. One of those airlines that charge very low price but take every penny out of you they can. I travelled with Ryanair before and this time they made me pay €50 for "oversized" bag, because the type of material my luggage was made (hard Samsonite ones) didn't go through the side size of the measurement compartment they had. I saw the same bag inside the airplane with no "oversized" ticket on them. I hate this lack of pattern the company puts to get the money out of its clients for non rational reasons, as the staff could see that my bag would fit into the measurements but the material wasn't made to be soft or squishy. Seriously, will avoid this airline from now on.
RouteRome to Budapest

"overall very good"

Verified Review | Dublin to Manchester. Would just like to say this is first time of being on a flight that nuts are not allowed. My partner didn't come with us but has a nut allergy and I hope other airlines would follow suit when necessary. Even though only a short flight everything ok. Wasn't happy about my bag ending up in hold on way home as had to wait ages at carousel for it but overall very good.
RouteDublin to Manchester