Top 100 Airlines

Ryanair

"staff polite and friendly"

Flew Prestwick to Lanzarote return, 14th-25th June. We were delayed for 1 hour at Prestwick due to the French ATC strike, not Ryanair's fault, both our flights were fine, staff polite and friendly, I had our boarding passes on my phone, so no problem there, (I still can't believe some people still insist they didn't know they need to print their boarding pass, I wonder how some of them managed to book flights). Once again good flights at a great price, I will continue to use Ryanair.
RoutePIK to ACE
Date FlownJune 2016

"was a terrible experience"

I read some poor reviews of Ryanair before my trip, but I didn't pay much attention to them. I wish I would have. I will never fly Ryanair again. We had three flights - Dublin to Paris, Paris to Shannon and Shannon to Gatwick. Every flight was terrible. The staff were rude and very unhelpful - especially the check in staff. The flights were all delayed, planes were dirty and seats uncomfortable - they were more concerned about selling raffle tickets than attending to passengers. It didn't even end up being that much cheaper to fly Ryanair than our other options anyway because you have to pay for each seat and each bag that you check. It was a terrible experience that I will never repeat.
RouteSNN to LGW
Date FlownJune 2016

"did not care what would happen"

We flew from London to Copenhagen with Ryanair, flight could not depart on time from London because of different excuses Ryanair pilot kept announcing on the plane. First it was bad weather, ten minutes later another plane had an emergency landing and we could not leave yet. Next, we were waiting for airport clearance, so about one hour later we were finally in the air. While in the air I asked Ryanair personnel what can I do about my connection because we will arrive late. All they could do is tell me it is not their fault we will be late and they cannot call the other airline to announce that we are running late. They did not care what would happen to us. They also told me to go to their Ryanair office in the airport to sees if they can help. When we arrived at the airport we found out Ryanair does not have an office in the Copenhagen airport so we were left in the airport with no help. I will never recommend this airline to anyone.
Aircraftn/a
RouteLTN to CPH

"everything went smoothly"

Verified Review | First time flying with Ryanair from London Stansted to Lisbon and I was impressed. Everything went smoothly from booking to boarding. The flight was on time. The cabin crew were friendly and professional. The food was terrible and I will bring my own next time I fly with them. A good airline based on my experience.
RouteSTN to LIS
Date FlownJune 2016

"seats rather numbing after a couple of hours"

Verified Review | Opted for Ryanair to fly Liverpool to Malaga and back rather than preferred easyJet on grounds of timings and price. Booked the return flight separately as paying in euros saved money, even using my credit card. Had problems trying to check in online as our computer does not seem to like the new Ryanair website and in the end could only do so via the old so-called Legacy website, only to discover that airport security and boarding gates struggle to read the boarding codes. Outward flight was fine and everyone seemed to get their hand luggage on board despite the flight being full. The return journey was less satisfactory. It was delayed by an hour with no explanation or apology given. Boarding at Malaga was in 3 groups: priority first, then rows 22 - 33, then everyone else. We could see that it made sense to board the back rows first when using an airbridge, but some prior warning would have been helpful as the existence of the display notices indicates that it is Ryanair policy. Then as the rest of us were boarded, the boarding agents immediately began to tag our cabin baggage for free hold storage without any warning, which necessitated extracting items wanted on board as we waited beyond the gate. It seemed that there must have been a pre-determined number of passengers to be selected for hand luggage removal as those at the back of the queue were allowed to keep their bags. In fact, as there was a large school party on board with minimal hand luggage, there would have been plenty of room for everyone's bags. We couldn't help feeling unfairly treated as we were near the front in the original queue, but relegated towards the rear and then selected for baggage extraction as well. The flight itself was ok, though we do find Ryanair seats rather numbing after a couple of hours. Those who ordered food, however, were very discontented as it took so long to appear - some did not get theirs till the descent into Liverpool had already begun.
RouteLPL to AGP
Date FlownJune 2016

"does what it says on the tin"

Bristol to Dublin with Ryanair. Overall a satisfactory performance. Flights both ways were on time and the sectors were short. Cabin crew very interested in selling you things and were rushed off their feet from take off to landing but were nevertheless professional and welcoming. The seats literally felt like cardboard and were squeezed in together, however from a cost saving point of view and fast turn around times I can understand this especially on a short sector. I would recommend Ryanair as an airline that does simply what it says on the tin no more and no less.
RouteBRS to DUB

"excellent and professional"

Fantastic flight out to Alicante with Ryanair, I am nervous flyer and spoke to the pilot and crew before we left they were absolutely were excellent and professional. Smooth flight and crew kept us informed. Ran out of drink on the way there mind you but that's expected on a busy flight to Alicante. Flight back again was smooth and again fantastic crew especially one crew member who gave a speech at the start of the journey stating that they hardly had any alcohol left but to make up for it they would take is to the Bahamas instead of Prestwick all in good humour. Only downside was the head steward who could have done with smiling a bit more and putting more effort in with customers like his staff. Would definitely fly again.
RoutePIK to ALC
Date FlownMay 2016

"polite and professional"

(Ukraine)

Verified Review | I twice used Ryanair for flights between Madrid and Porto. All flights were on time, the planes were clean, no surprises with checked bags and cabin bags since I purchased their "Business" option. Lines at both airports were quite bearable - up to 8 minutes each time. Onboard service was polite and professional. I wouldn't call these flights "pleasure", but there was nothing irritating. If you carefully read all the rules, you have no trouble. Boarding in Madrid was via finger, boarding in Porto was typical low cost outdoor queuing and lining. In rainy weather it wouldn't work well. Overall ok.
RouteMAD to OPO
Date FlownMay 2016

"fast boarding, arrived ahead of time"

(Poland)

London Stansted to Wroclaw with Ryanair. On the plus side it was fast boarding, arrived half an hour ahead of time, nice staff, fully Polish crew. On the downside are the high prices for things to buy on board and little legroom.
RouteSTN to WRO
Date FlownNovember 2015

"cabin crew were enthusiastic"

Verified Review | Frequent flyer with Ryanair, and have never had a problem with them. Problem lays squarely with the handling at Manchester Airport as they are simply dreadful (Swissport). Flew Dublin to Manchester. Flew back on EI-EVO, which was clean and tidy with plenty of legroom (however not as much as the newer aircraft with Sky interior - flew out to Dublin on EI-FRR). Fantastic cabin crew who were enthusiastic about taking care of passengers and flight crew who gave us excellent updates on a 35 minute flight. Left Dublin 35 mins late due to slow turnaround at Manchester - however arrived 1 minute early. Will continue to only use Ryanair in the future (not flown with anyone else for nearly 5 years, I have no reason to change allegiances at all) and even get my flight-sceptic fiancée on board too! Keep up the good work.
RouteDUB to MAN