Top 100 Airports

Ryanair

"will nickel and dime you"

Verified Review | Athens to Mykonos. I'm the not the type to write reviews good or bad, but after being conned into using Ryanair I had no choice. This airline will nickel and dime you to death. That is where they make their money. The fees they charge for checking in and overweight bags are astronomical (more than my flight cost). They only allow 15kg for bags. 18 euro charge per kg overweight! Check in fee of 55 euro. Do not be fooled by the cheap"flight cost.
RouteATH to JMK
Date FlownJuly 2016

"one of the worst flight experience"

Verified Review | Barcelona to Rome. Take note of checking in online prior to your flight else you have to pay an arm an leg to get your boarding pass printed at the check in counter, which was expected of a normal airline check in. To make the situation worse, the 45 euro / pax penalty was not stated during the purchasing process or on our etickets. After queuing for almost an hour at the check in line of Ryanair, we were slapped in the face by an impatient check in officer who just rolled her eyes and  said that 'sorry the online check in just ckosed 2mins ago'. And rudely shooed us to the other counter to make payment as she hurried to attend another customer. She said no payment, no boarding, and just shrugged her shoulders. To rub salt in the wound, We were told we could have checked in while waiting in the queue. How would we have known when there was no signage whatsoever while we were queuing. At the 'payment counter' there was another 20 mins queue with more than 30 other passengers paying their penalty. What a great way to easily earn a few thousand extra euro per flight. Anyone who travels will agree that wifi can be inconsistent and even unavailable for a period in a foreign country. After boarding, flight was dirty with food bits and paper on the cabin floor. One of the worst flight experience in my 20 years of flying.
RouteBCN to FCO

"I had a good flight"

Belfast to Gatwick. Another Ryanair flight and another review. Again, for under 20 USD I had a good flight. It was paced and cabin crew looked tired but still remained helpful. We were delayed for around 30 minutes but this didn't seem to impact many on this point-to-point trip.
RouteBFS to LGW

"a total inconvenience"

Verified Review | The plane was very dirty with crumbs/wrapping on seat and floor. I'm sure this is due to the 2 hour delay for boarding and turn around time. Captain made PA-regulation/restrictions would not allow us to push back for 45 minutes (crew laughed at this PA). This seems like more than enough time to clean a plane. Female crew in the aft of the plane giggling through their safety demos, looking behind at the other female crew and making jokes. A lady pressed the call bell and I could see the crew ignoring it and eating crisps instead. What if it's a medical emergency? When she finally came to check she was still chewing. Crew were running through the cabin, with scratch cards laughing at 1am. No hot food, no tea available. The crew found this hilarious and kept laughing when people complained. It took 1 hour+ to get to row 25 with a drinks cart. The crew kept using the call bells during service even though people wanted to sleep. One female crew could not even form a sentence toward the end of the flight. During all her landing PAs she was laughing. She had to stop and start two safety PAs because she could not stop laughing. All the crew were having a fantastic evening. The customers however, after 3 hour delay and terrible customer service were not. Then as we left the plane the crew didn't even look up or smile. We were a total inconvenience.
RouteEDI to FAO
Date FlownJuly 2016

"service has improved too"

London Stansted - Bucharest return. Two of my most pleasant flights with Ryanair. It's amazing how much the airline's customer service has improved in recent years, particularly with their allocated seating, extra cabin baggage allowance, use of primary airports and excellent mobile app, features, all of which, have significantly enhanced the overall travel experience. In addition, it is pleasing to see that Ryanair have begun using satellite 2 in Stansted for some of their flights, which offers a far more relaxed boarding experience, along with much more space and seating compared to satellite 3 (which is the main gate area from which Ryanair flights operate). Ryanair should definitely consider making more use of this facility, as it is very underused and often empty for long periods of the day. (In fact, there were only 3 flights operating from there when we flew out). Onboard, I noticed that service has improved too, and there are no longer as many tedious announcements as before, particularly on evening flights. On both flights, cabin crew were very friendly and professional. Clearly, Ryanair have come a long way since their improvement plan started, and I wouldn't hesitate to fly with them again. The only thing they could improve on now is to make use of other gate areas that are not so cramped/small, especially in STN.
RouteSTN to OTP
Date FlownJuly 2016

"would fly Ryanair again in future"

We flew Cologne to Stansted return with Ryanair for a day trip due to the cheap price and the good flight times and have to say that the value was good. The flights were on time, the staff was friendly and it was no problem to take a bagpack into the cabin (many of those hand luggage trolleys had to be checked upon boarding). We had seats together, even if we didn't reserve them in advance and the seat pitch was ok for the short flight. If the price is right, I would fly Ryanair again in future.
RouteCGN to STN
Date FlownJune 2016

"coffee and tea sold is diabolical"

Bournemouth to Malta with Ryanair. I have now flown several times with Ryanair, and I can say that my flights have been problem free, on time, and reasonably pleasant. The trolleys trundling up and down get tiresome, but you get what you pay for, that's our choice. The coffee / tea that is sold is diabolical. The coffee grinds come though the filter and stick in your teeth, and the milk is the now the obligatory insipid semi skimmed culminating in the most awful coffee i have ever tasted. The attendant changed it for tea - undrinkable - back to the attendant who was very apologetic and commented that WE should write and complain as he had had several complaints. No luck on the Ryanair website so here I am here to warn future passengers of £2.60 for a cup of dish water.
RouteBOH to MLA
Date FlownJune 2016

"just enough legroom"

Brussel to Berlin Schonefeld with Ryanair. This is one of the cheapest airlines I have ever seen. For a 1 hour flight it was so worth the money, didn't have to wait too long. Cabin crew seemed slightly annoyed, I am not sure why. Seat was fine, I am a tall person so legroom would mostly be a problem but I had just enough legroom, so that was great. Food and drinks were expensive, although the coffee is reasonable. There was no in flight entertainment and no WiFi, but I didn't need those things because it was a short flight.
RouteBRU to SXF
Date FlownMay 2016

"streets ahead of easyJet"

I frequently use Ryanair when travelling around Europe as they have the best route network and are by far the best value for money. My last flight from the UK to Germany only cost £20 return, an absolute bargain. The customer service too has seen a massive improvement over recent years with allocated seating, increased baggage allowance and a refreshed look with the new crew uniforms and cabin interiors. The cabin crew on my last flight were both friendly and welcoming and seemed to engage well with the passengers. The food and drinks on-board are pretty expensive as you'd imagine although on occasions have been cheaper than that offered in some of the airports I've been to, mainly in southern Europe it would seem. The only annoyance, especially when travelling without checked-in bags, is if the ground crew tag your cabin bag to go in the hold due space limitations, although on my last couple of flights the haven't done this and the crew were very accommodating in getting everyone's bags in the overhead lockers. Streets ahead of easyJet now as far as I'm concerned and overall a fantastic airline which I'm sure will continue to use regularly.
RouteSTN to CGN
Date FlownMay 2016

"flight has been cancelled"

Flew from Manchester to Barcelona. Due to travel back with Ryanair tomorrow morning but received a text at dinner stating flight has been cancelled. No flights available with them for the 3 consecutive days I've checked, I run my own business as does my partner. Now searching airlines to get home on Wednesday and not Tuesday. That's 2 days worth of clients let down.
RouteMAN to BCN