Ryanair

Review by (Sweden)

Flying from Stockholm to London is a short flight so I thought I'd try and save a few bucks by travelling with Ryanair rather than one of the regular airlines. Check in were okay if you don't mind broken seats, a dirty airport and a customer service worthy of the ice queen herself. I'm not a tall man but I could not fit my legs in the seats under any circumstances. Flight personnel were horribly aggressive trying to push peoples bags in the overhead compartment. I would not recommend Ryanair.
RouteStockholm to London

Review by (India)

Ryanair has a policy of printing your boarding pass prior to your flight which obviously includes web check-in. If you fail to do so, the airline charges an absurd amount of 45eur per person. While it does mention to web check-in on your ticket, first time goers are bound to face problems. The staff gave us a deaf ear on us when we kept saying our web check-in kept failing a night prior inspite of repeated attempts. Neither was the ground staff smart enough to tell us how do we go about paying for extra luggage and boarding passes. There are different queue for these. Remember to carry a Credit card as they wont accept cash. You cannot carry beyond a certain weight hence a small bag is always preferred here. Overall experience - 1/5. If only were they more friendly to 1st time travelers.
RouteValencia to Ibiza

Review by (United Kingdom)

Outbound 18th August, inbound 25th August. Check in very efficient at Bristol and Malta. Both flights on time. Cabin crew very friendly. Purchased some inflight drinks and food, and happy with both.
RouteBristol to Malta

Review by (France)

Quick boarding, smooth flight, good landing, only the seats let Ryanair down. Apart from this journey I have made many flights with them from Marseille to several countries and have no complaints.
AircraftBoeing 737/800
RouteWarsaw to Marseille

Review by (United Kingdom)

First time flying with Ryanair, chosen for the best price for our journey. No problems checking in etc but to get boarding passes to return you gave to either pay extra or print them off while you're away. Managed to print fine but would probably pay next time to make things easier. Did the airline get us from A to B safely with no hassle? Yes they did so won't have any qualms about flying with the again.
RouteManchester to Ibiza

Review by (United Kingdom)

We flew with Ryanair returning from Dublin before our flight to Palma. I was surprised despite the reviews. I dont think the reviews are fair. The terms regarding boarding passes are clear and the technology savvy can easily find out this information. I see one review about using apps to check in with other airlines, so why such a tech block with Ryanair? They have an app, it reminds you of your flight even without, and the email in gmail tells you to check in (gives a link) follow the link and it tells you to print, or download boarding pass. Anyway, extremely efficient. Which was wonderful with 3 kids in tow. I cannot complain whatsoever. The luggage was not a problem again you just have to be savvy and dont try to go over just incase. But in my opinion unless you've got gold bars in the allocated sized bag there's no way. I put all my heavies in the 2nd bag. We fly again with them next week and will do again and again.
RouteBirmingham to Palma

Review by (United Kingdom)

I am not a regular user of low cost airlines but on this occasion used Ryanair on due to the holiday destination airport (Chania, Crete). The check-in clerk however could benefit from a refresher course in customer service as he appeared extremely bored and disinterested. However my complaint starts when we did not print off our return boarding passes in advance of the holiday and although we tried to reserve our seats for the return flight, so my family could sit together we were unable to do this via their web-site. We gave up after 2 attempts and assumed we would check-in on arrival and take whatever seats available. We of course were not aware that they would be an additional charge for printing a boarding pass and was advised by the desk clerk to check-in on-line, again we tried to do this via our smart phone but again were unable to access the booking on the web-site. As we had spent a considerable amount of time and with mounting stress from my wife, I was forced to pay the additional charge. The 3 boarding passes were duly hand written in 10 minutes by the Servisair clerk and 135€ extracted. The clerk even told us we were lucky to get the last 3 seats even though we had booked and paid for them. I find these charges levied by Ryanair are totally disproportionate to the administration involved and are punitive in the extreme and are extracted under stressful circumstances. Up to this point we had enjoyed a fabulous holiday only to have it spoiled on our return. I have a number of issues with this penalty charge, firstly; it is not clear on their web-site when making the on-line seat reservations and printing the boarding passes for the outbound flight that you need to make the same arrangements for the return flight (or is it Ryanair’s intention to catch out the new customers?) and secondly, I regularly travel for both business and pleasure with a number of different airlines and have never come across such a policy for boarding passes. I regularly use on-line booking and the barcode via smart phone but generally this is within 24 hours prior to departure and I have never been charged for a boarding pass, this is not the industry norm. I made a complaint to Ryanair and got a stock answer hiding behind the T&C's and no refund. Still valuable albeit expensive lesson learned never to fly Ryanair again.
RouteStanstead to Chania

Review by (United Kingdom)

I would just like to say that I have flown with Ryanair now for a number of years, have always left and arrived on time, I think there is too many negative reviews but I have always been happy with Ryanair and I recently had to go to London on work business which was with another airline and was delayed both ways. Ryanair is a no frills airline but the staff are attentive and pleasant.
RouteGlasgow Prestwick to Faro Portugal

Review by (United Kingdom)

My very first time with Ryanair, have previously tried to avoid. However, very pleasantly surprised. Hand baggage only and online check-in worked superbly. Upon arrival at gate, boarding was speedy and professional, thats all that is required. All boarded on time, but then informed of approximately 1 hour delay to ATC in Spain. Not the airlines fault and Captain continually updated us. In fact his best update was yet to come. Finally departed bit sooner than originally informed. Inflight service again professional and courteous. Yes, prices can be slightly high, but they are on trains too, but not too over priced, in my opinion. Certainly was no strong selling on this flight. Further delay as we approached Palma, this time due to the weather, but again superbly informed and updated by the pilot, who made sure to tell us we had enough fuel of course. Eventually arrived approximately 1 hour late, into a torrential downpour, thankfully to a stand and not a remote stand with bus trip. I was impressed with Ryanair and indeed the little comments and humour from the flight deck ensured that though we were delayed, not due to Ryanair actions, probably made the experience less stressful than it could have been, I have now become a fan and would use once again.
AircraftBoeing 737 800
RouteEast Midlands to Palma

Review by (United Kingdom)

My husband and I flew with Ryanair, we had printed our boarding passes arrived to check in our luggage. We joined the line with one medium case we had paid to put in the hold and one cabin sized case. A Ryanair representative approached us and told us we could put our small case in the hold for free, I explained it had my medication in and that I would prefer to keep it with me in the cabin, she became quite annoyed with me when I refused to take up the offer. We were again hassled when going through the gate but with courtesy this time. The staff on the plane were all very professional and made the flight enjoyable both flying out and back again. On our journey home we downloaded our boarding passes electronically and it was much easier than printing it.
RouteLeeds Bradford to Malta