Ryanair

"truly dreadful experience"

Trip Verified | Bologna to Stansted. A truly dreadful experience with Ryanair. Just 15 minutes prior to take off, having checked in etc., flight was cancelled (along with a number of other Ryanair flights) because of heavy rain - funny thing was, every other airline was continuing to fly, there were no other cancellations. There were no Ryanair staff in the airport to help or advise - check-in was being handled by other (I presume airport) staff. So, because of the sudden number of Ryanair cancellations all happening at the same time, that meant there was something like 1000 people all queuing to speak to three, non-Ryanair, staff at the information desk. We managed to book flights on another Ryanair flight, 36 hours (and two expensive nights in a hotel) later.The one good thing? I don't work for Ryanair. I feel truly sorry fo the staff (when you can find them) - they try to be helpful, but they know they work for a bunch of cowboys who couldn't give a damn. I can come home and decide never to fly Ryanair again, Ryanair staff (poor souls) have to get out of bed every day and go back into work.
RouteBologna to Stansted

"fee to check in"

Trip Verified | Venice to Frankfurt. 55euro fee to check in. I truly expected more from a European airline. Very disappointed and will look for an alternative before booking again. Sad that I had this experience as they are very affordable and offer great routes.
RouteVenice to Frankfurt
Date FlownJuly 2018

"never a good experience"

Trip Verified | Athens to Stansted. Flying Ryanair is never a good experience, the question is "how bad will it be this time". As always, the remotest gates, no jet bridges, long queues, and during the flight, terrible seat comfort, an announcement every 3 minutes that "you can buy something" and many more. At least this time, the flight was not cancelled, was on time and staff was friendly.
RouteAthens to Stansted
Date FlownApril 2018

"What a shambles!"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | . to NaplesWhat a shambles! After not being able to check in online 2 hours before departure as informed on the website, I requested help from the staff in the airport. However, I was still charged a whopping amount of 880 dkr as a "check-in charge". Being a frequent flyer I have never in my life had problems with checking in on a flight, and I'm appalled at Ryanair's scams. On top of that the flight was delayed considerably, of course with information being little to none. I am not surprised that the staff have called for strikes.
RouteCopenhagen to Naples

"Absolute shambles"

Not Verified | 2 hr delay at Pisa (including an hr in a hot, poorly air-conditioned plane), got to Stansted and there was no-one to open the plane doors (another 15mins) and then 1 hr 20 mins wait for our bags! Snacks trolley took an hr and 10 mins to reach us in row11 (not even half way down the plane!). Absolute shambles with the staff running up and down the plane to hand each other snacks as their trolley was insufficiently stacked!
RoutePisa to Stansted

"Absolute nightmare"

Trip Verified | Palma to Stansted. Absolute nightmare, disgraceful, painful and torturing travel. From the beginning of the trip, the flights were late, Staff at Palma airport was completely unprepared, shouting at people, being rude. We were asked to wait for the bus to get to the aircraft which took over 1 hour, under heat without being given any explanation or water. Then got inside the aircraft and had to wait again for ages before taking off - poor air conditioning. In Stansted, when we all thought the experience was over, there were 1,000 delayed passengers left stranded at baggage reclaim waiting for luggage for hours. Staff unprepared, rude and clueless. Overall? Was meant to be home at 19:00. Only got there at 00:00. Last time ever I flew with Ryanair. Never again.
RoutePalma to Stansted

"Unacceptable service"

Trip Verified | We were flying from Thessaloniki to London Stansted airport on 15/07/2028. Not only there was a delay up to 1h and 40 minutes without even letting us know anything when we arrived and we missed our transfer there was no one at the customer service. The worst company. Unacceptable service and frequent delays (our forward flight was delayed as well)
RouteThessaloniki to Stansted

"cabin crew were lovely"

Trip Verified | Stansted to Budapest with Ryanair proved to be something of a mixed bag shall we say. I booked online and at the time thought the fare to be reasonable. The website was rather clear as to the charging policy and so I bought priority boarding and paid for a bag too. The priority boarding proved to be a false economy. Reaching Stansted was very expensive by train and entirely negated the few pounds saved against flights from my more local Heathrow. While the shambles of security at Stansted is beyond Ryanair I was concerned to see that my flight had not been on time once in 3 weeks. The bag drop was not well organised at all and the uniformed Ryanair staff member had a poor grasp of English. She actually walked away from an elderly German lady who asked for help with the bag tagging machine. The queue for the flight was poorly managed and regardless of my “priority” boarding I was one of the last to board due to the poor queue management. Sure enough, the flight was just over 1 hour late in departing for Budapest. The cabin crew were lovely people and very friendly and professional. The seat was fine for a short flight and the safety demonstration was conducted in a professional manner. If Ryanair could do something about the expensive train from Liverpool Street I would use their services again. However, due to the cost of reaching Stansted I shall look elsewhere for my next trip to Budapest. For those within easier reach of Stansted I think this flight is a good option.
RouteLondon Stamsted to Budapest

"very disappointing experience"

Trip Verified | Hamburg to Edinburgh. Unprofessional airline. My wife and I planned a trip together to visit my ancestral home of Scotland. We arrived at the airport at 04:55 am for a flight departing at 6:20. Ryanair does not have any staff to assist with baggage, instruction on how to get to the gate or that there is a preclearance requirement to travel to the UK, and no staff that assisted in any way including how to take baggage on the plane through security. We were among at least 12 people denied access to the flight as they didn’t have a shuttle to the airplane once to the gate. Everyone was extremely frustrated and left without an alternative and no one can provide help particularly if the booking was made online. Even the staff in Hamburg airport were unimpressed with Ryanair and noted this is simply the way they operate. The inexpensive fare was completely wasted and one loses the return flight if you don’t make the first flight. This is a “fine print airline” that may work for the experienced traveler with the patience to lose their money a few times in order to get the hang of their “method” but do not make the mistake of thinking that this is actually an air service. There is no service. This was a very disappointing experience and I’m shocked the business model has survived.
RouteHamburg to Edinburgh
Date FlownJuly 2018

"worth avoiding this company"

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Dublin. Horrendous experience. I flew with this airline on a return flight to Barcelona. Both flights were delayed by 1hr 30mins to 2hrs. However, it was the manner that they were delayed that was most frustrating. For both delays there was no communication from the airline. When we arrived there was no mention of delay until it became apparent that there was still no plane at the gate at the listed time of departure. After 45mins waiting at the gate we were finally allowed on the aircraft. However, the delay continued for another hour on the plane where it was incredibly uncomfortable, stuffy and hot. Overall I arrived 2 hours later than what was listed with zero communication from the airline besides an apology text to my phone the next day. The whole experience was not acceptable, even from a company that seems to have a reputation for this type of experience. he flight was the most uncomfortable and rocky flight I've ever experienced (and I'm someone that usually enjoys flying). Ryanair preaches low cost, however considering the multitude of ridiculous extra fees (e.g you have to pay upwards of €15 for a seat even though you've already purchased a ticket?), the consistent delays, the lack of communication, the uncomfortable flights, and the low quality customer service, it is in my opinion far more worth avoiding this company and paying the little bit extra it costs to fly with another airline to guarantee a stress-free flying experience.
RouteBarcelona to Dublin