Ryanair

Review by (United Kingdom)

Everything fine if a tad expensive when you are trapped on the aircraft. On return flight had smaller bags stowed in the hold free. My point of contention was the fact that when you go too foreign shores where you know no-one the difficulty in getting returning boarding passes printed and for that reason I will think twice about using them again unless they change their rules and the outward and inward passes can be printed before leaving home.
AircraftA-340
RouteBournemouth to Malta

Review by (United Kingdom)

An extra 180 euros we had to find to get our boarding passes so we could get home, if you don't pay the extra charge you don't fly. You must print off your boarding passes 48hrs before you fly and if you don't have access to the internet you will be charged 45 euros per person. This is in the terms and conditions. Why when we printed the outbound tickets from Manchester to Malaga wasn't I able to print inbound tickets at the same time, that's just common sense to me. We were lucky this was the only thing they could charge us for, if your luggage is to heavy its 10 euros per kilo.
RouteMalaga to Manchester

Review by (Belgium)

I have traveled many times with Ryanair this year, all flights were on time and arrived on time. I would like to share a incident which we had in Prague airport when I was travelling with my wife and daughter. We went on holiday for a week from Brussels to Prague and then came back from Prague to Brussels on 19th August 2015. We lost our passports in an OBB train in Vienna a day before our return flight. Apart from my Belgium residence card, we didnt have any original proof of identity of my wife and daughter, the staff who manage Ryanair in Prague were very helpful along with the Immigration police officers who helped us board our flight. I really thank Ryanair staff and the staff of the company which manages Ryanair services in Prague airport. We finally found our passports and the OBB staff delivered the same at our residence in Belgium. I would strongly recommend Ryanair.
RoutePrague to Brussels

Review by (Italy)

I fly every week, about 50 times a year. Italy-Belgium, and always on Ryanair. Do not understand all the complaints about this airline. Almost every flight on time, crew as friendly as any other airline, food: never tried, because of very short flight. Comfort as good as the 'regular' carriers on the Italy-Belgium route. Last but not least, I save hundreds of euros thanks to Ryanair.
RoutePerugia/Pisa to Brussels Charleroi

Review by (Sweden)

Flying from Stockholm to London is a short flight so I thought I'd try and save a few bucks by travelling with Ryanair rather than one of the regular airlines. Check in were okay if you don't mind broken seats, a dirty airport and a customer service worthy of the ice queen herself. I'm not a tall man but I could not fit my legs in the seats under any circumstances. Flight personnel were horribly aggressive trying to push peoples bags in the overhead compartment. I would not recommend Ryanair.
RouteStockholm to London
Date FlownMay 2015

Review by (India)

Ryanair has a policy of printing your boarding pass prior to your flight which obviously includes web check-in. If you fail to do so, the airline charges an absurd amount of 45eur per person. While it does mention to web check-in on your ticket, first time goers are bound to face problems. The staff gave us a deaf ear on us when we kept saying our web check-in kept failing a night prior inspite of repeated attempts. Neither was the ground staff smart enough to tell us how do we go about paying for extra luggage and boarding passes. There are different queue for these. Remember to carry a Credit card as they wont accept cash. You cannot carry beyond a certain weight hence a small bag is always preferred here. Overall experience - 1/5. If only were they more friendly to 1st time travelers.
RouteValencia to Ibiza

Review by (United Kingdom)

Outbound 18th August, inbound 25th August. Check in very efficient at Bristol and Malta. Both flights on time. Cabin crew very friendly. Purchased some inflight drinks and food, and happy with both.
RouteBristol to Malta

Review by (France)

Quick boarding, smooth flight, good landing, only the seats let Ryanair down. Apart from this journey I have made many flights with them from Marseille to several countries and have no complaints.
AircraftBoeing 737/800
RouteWarsaw to Marseille

Review by (United Kingdom)

First time flying with Ryanair, chosen for the best price for our journey. No problems checking in etc but to get boarding passes to return you gave to either pay extra or print them off while you're away. Managed to print fine but would probably pay next time to make things easier. Did the airline get us from A to B safely with no hassle? Yes they did so won't have any qualms about flying with the again.
RouteManchester to Ibiza

Review by (United Kingdom)

We flew with Ryanair returning from Dublin before our flight to Palma. I was surprised despite the reviews. I dont think the reviews are fair. The terms regarding boarding passes are clear and the technology savvy can easily find out this information. I see one review about using apps to check in with other airlines, so why such a tech block with Ryanair? They have an app, it reminds you of your flight even without, and the email in gmail tells you to check in (gives a link) follow the link and it tells you to print, or download boarding pass. Anyway, extremely efficient. Which was wonderful with 3 kids in tow. I cannot complain whatsoever. The luggage was not a problem again you just have to be savvy and dont try to go over just incase. But in my opinion unless you've got gold bars in the allocated sized bag there's no way. I put all my heavies in the 2nd bag. We fly again with them next week and will do again and again.
RouteBirmingham to Palma