Top 100 Airlines

Ryanair

"very punctual and quick boarding"

Verified Review | Flew Berlin Schönefeld to Cologne/Bonn. Ryanair at its best, I guess. Very punctual and quick boarding. Paid 20 euros, which is absolutely unbeatable by FR's competitors Air Berlin and Eurowings. Paid 10 euros extra for seat 1A which - apart from the great legroom - turned out to be a good choice. Since FR's planes have stairs of their own and they hardly use buses for boarding I was first out of the plane and litteraly in my car 10 mins after touch down in CGN. And almost 20 mins ahead of schedule. This whole flight oozed efficiency, which is FR's core bussines. The only downside is that they use Berlin Schönefeld: far from the centre and with the appeal of maximum security prison.
RouteSXF to CGN
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"staff generally unhelpful and unfriendly"

Cork to Stansted. Regular traveller with Ryanair, not so much by choice but they are only airline going to Stansted which is near where I work. I have found nothing different about Ryanair since their effort to be more friendly according to their ads. The staff on the plane are generally unhelpful and unfriendly, the staff on the ground are the same and you can add "look disinterested". I have been a regular traveller for 18 years and I will try to be impartial so I must say they are generally on time. Apart from that one fact which is important they are a disaster as a service and god help you if anything goes wrong ie lose your ticket, passport etc or have a query. You will be referred to the website by the person on the ground and when you get on there you can talk to an agent on their webchat. I have done this a number of times and nothing ever gets resolved, you go round and round in circles. I recently had my passport stolen and did not realise this until I got to the airport. I saw the Ryanair help desk and it was like talking to a brick wall - no facial expression, not a care or desire to help. I had my Irish driving licence with photo id and my address on the card, but they said it needs to be a passport which they know I had stolen. I said you can check on my Ryanair account which shows clearly when logged in I had 4 other flights booked in the next 2 months plus the previous 100 taken in last 2 years, again just a sigh and no help. I feel that the staff really do need to be recruited better and trained to help and find a way to express themselves. You do not even need a passort to fly from UK to Ireland so what was the problem? I ended up catching an Aer Lingus flight back from Heathrow to Cork and what a treat that was - a far cry from Ryanair in every detail such a professional outfit. I tried again to contact Ryanair when back for my next flight to UK, but their chat line / phone and email (to which I had no response) was unsatisfactory and no help whatsoever.
RouteCRK to STN
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"very poor value for money"

Porto-Barcelona. Landing was very rough, and it seems to be a regular occurence every time I've flown this airline. Seats very stiff and uncomfortable with no neck support, but I suppose that's what you get for the price. Most annoyingly, I paid to check a suitcase and it came out with zipper damaged and lock missing, but I only noticed when I got to my final destination so couldn't file a claim. Considering this, it was very poor value for money.
RouteOPO to BCN
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"staff grumpy and just grunted"

Verified Review | Worst flight flying back to Glasgow Prestwick from Murcia with Ryanair. They never restocked anything, no coffee, tea etc.. Staff grumpy and just grunted, not the best English. Very disappointed. There was no where for a magazine or a sick bag to be stored and the plane was dirty. You would be better paying the extra for better service with drinks included ie BA.
RoutePIK to MJV
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"cabin crew were very helpful"

(Portugal)

Flew from Bristol to Faro. Like a previous reviewer I too used 'passenger assistance' through Ryanair. The airline do not provide this but arrange it through the airport and whilst at Bristol the service was truly appalling (see my airport review), the service at Faro was excellent. The cabin crew were very helpful in assisting with loading luggage into the overhead bins and helping me to the front of the aircraft at Faro to await the 'lift'. It is not fair to blame an airline for poor airport service.
RouteBRS to FAO
Date FlownAugust 2016

"Ryanair, shame on you"

Cork to Lanzarote. I am writing a review on behalf of my partially sighted 76 year old mother, who flew alone on flight FR9943 from Cork to Lanzarote on the 8th of Sept. 2016 to meet other family members who were already holidaying there. My mother who also suffers from a chronic back problem can not walk quickly, nor can she walk long distances requested wheelchair assistance and a person to walk her on to the aircraft to find her seat as she is incapable of reading seat numbers due to her sight. All this information is clearly stated on the boarding pass. EASY, SIMPLE, wouldn't you think, not so for Ryanair, my mother was wheeled to the departure gate area and left there. Eventually after a period of time she managed to make her own way to the departure desk to inquire what was going on. The person there literally man handled my mother and ran her down the gangway onto the aircraft dropped her luggage on to a seat and left just as the flight was about to leave. There was not one member of cabin crew helped my mother, other passengers on the flight helped her to find her seat, she put her luggage on the floor as she would be totally unable to put it in the overhead locker. As any traveller would image, a very uncomfortable 4 hour flight with luggage taking up the small space where your feet should be. On arrival at Lanzarote, she and another passenger with need of assistance were left waiting at the exit door of the aircraft for a very long time (I don't know exactly how long but it was certainly long enough for family to start worrying and try to find her, afraid that they had somehow miss her). My mother was so upset with all she went through, that she could not, even 2 days into her holiday relax and enjoy herself. Her flight home was changed (by family, an added unexpected expense) to a different airline, only then did she begin to enjoy herself. Ryanair, shame on you.
RouteORK to ACE
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"very good value for money"

Flew Ryanair Manchester to Barcelona return on 4th August and back on 18th August. I had never flown with Ryanair before, and was not expecting much with it being a low-cost airline. Entering the terminal (Manchester T3) we were annoyed to see that Ryanair checks in all their flights at the same counters, and that there was a huge queue, stretching all the way to the cafés nearby. We arrived two hours before the flight and the check in queue took over an hour and obviously we were worried about missing our flight. After getting through check in and security we were running to catch the flight even after being sent to the front of the line in security, thankfully we made it. Upon entering the aircraft (B737-800) I was shocked at how crammed the plane was with seats, the legroom was barely big enough to get to the seat (middle) in the first place, but for a 2 hour flight I could manage. After departure we were handed a magazine with a menu inside. The menu was basic and quite overpriced, but I was hungry so I bought a buttered croissant and a tea (same on the way back) for €3. The flight attendants were kind, attentive and efficient and I received my food very quickly. The food was tasty and the croissant had been warmed. There was a little turbulence on the way, and my tea sloshed a little on me, and the flight attendant quickly helped me clean it up with a smile. After landing in Barcelona we had to wait 25 minutes for our bags to arrive. On the way back to Manchester two weeks later we were cautious and arrived at the airport 2h 30m before the flight instead, but check in and security were very fast and we spent nearly 2 hours in departures, and with big glass windows this was great for me, being an avid plane spotter. The gate was surprisingly in arrivals, and therefore we had to go through security again to get to the plane. After waiting for 20 minutes to board we, along with everyone else were directed towards arrivals, rather than towards the plane, which ended up in a big confusion for the airport staff. Like on the way, the attendants were attentive and kind and although we had major problems with ground staff the airline is very good value for money, and I would recommend it for those who do not have much money to spend on their flight, although if there is a flight with a different airline with a similar price, I'd pick the other.
RouteMAN to BCN
Date FlownAugust 2016

"ticketing agent was rude"

Stansted to Verona with Ryanair. Cheap airline and offers good value but we were surprised and shocked when we were hit with fee of 45GBP each for issuing the boarding pass. The ticketing agent was also rude. So make sure you print your boarding pass.
RouteSTN to VRN

"very happy customers"

We use Ryanair 6 or 8 times a year from Ireland to Spain or UK, and satisfied with service and value for money. This flight on 5 September from Shannon to Malaga was excellent. Clean, comfortable and on time. Cabin staff exceptional, pleasant, attentive helpful. Observed several instances of help offered with a smile. Very happy customers.
RouteSNN to AGP
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"not even get an apology"

My partner and I were due to depart Mallorca at 11:05 today. The plane was still unloading passengers shortly before 11am so a delay was inevitable. Once the plane had been loaded we were advised by the captain that we had missed the slot and would have to wait for another. We sat on the tarmac for a further hour without a single follow up message from the pilot. We never heard again from the pilots at all throughout the entire journey even once we had landed. At East Midlands, the doors were opened and we were then advised that no ground-crew were available to unload the plane so we again waited on the tarmac for a further 10 minutes. No point Ryainair blaming the ground crew like they did, the reality is that the flight arrived late at Mallorca and therefore late to East Midlands so should put the blame on themselves. I get that delays will occur from time to time, but to not even get an apology for the delays is ridiculous.
RoutePMI to EMA