Ryanair

"always been happy with them"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Flew with Ryanair on a return journey from Brussels to Rome. Check-in at both locations, was quick and efficient. Flight attendants on both flights greeted passengers with a smile and helped everyone find their seats. Ryanair's policy regarding cabin baggage has recently changed, but it is clearly stated at every stage of booking. Additionally they send you a follow up email reminding you of this. I've flown with Ryanair multiple times and have always been happy with them. They are low cost airline, that doesn't hide it from you. They inform you up front of any additional costs you'll have to pay.
AircraftB737-800
RouteBrussels to Rome
Date FlownJuly 2018

"told we had to check-in online

Trip Verified | Prague to Bucharest ticket purchased through a third party agent. We arrive at the airport 3 hours before departure time. Thinking we couldn’t check-in that early we first went to have a meal. When we arrived at the counter an hour 45 minutes prior the departure time we have been told we had to check-in online. We were like alright give me a minute I am gonna do that. Then the staff told us we had to do it at least 2 hours before departure time. Now it was to late we had to pay 3300 each (127 euros). Nothing is was made on purpose, we decided not to encourage this practice and to take the bus for 19 euros per person instead. Avoid this company.
RoutePrague to Bucharest

"Terrible experience"

Trip Verified | Terrible experience flying Ryanair from Athens to Rome, even worse than my last flight on United. Keep in mind I also just spent 3 hours standing in line in the Istanbul airport a couple weeks ago. You'll walk 2 miles to get to your gate and they will make you carry your bags all the way there if you haven't paid extra in advance. Departure was changed 3+ times from a early morning flight to late afternoon, messing up connections. I'll never fly this pathetic excuse for an airline again.
RouteAthens to Rome
Date FlownJuly 2018

"never fly with them again"

Trip Verified | Dublin to Budapest. Ryanair dropped the passengers off in the wrong country and provided no support afterword. After personally paying for transportation to my original destination, Ryanair refused to reimburse me. I will never fly with them again and do not recommend.
RouteDublin to Budapest

"worst customer care"

Trip Verified | Thessaloniki to Stansted. Small seats and the worst customer care. I gave them more than one chance and I'm truly disappointed about every time !
RouteThessaloniki to Stansted

"an absolute disappointment"

Trip Verified | London to Barcelona. First time ever to fly with Ryanair and this has been an absolute disappointment from the very beginning to the end. Booked my ticket in May 2018 thinking I had a bargain compared to the prices shown by other airlines. I even selected the priority option costing a little extra. This meant I could carry a 10kg bag with a small bag. Arrived at the airport to drop my suitcase but was told I had to pay £50 because I didn't have this on my ticket. Completely shocked I argued but of course had no choice but to pay. After this the flight was delayed for almost 3 hours didn't arrive at my destination until 2am for a conference I had to attend by 8.30 the following morning. Well, thinking the nightmare was over and glad to have survived the ordeal. On my flight back, I thought perhaps the £50 I paid would have covered both leg of my trip only to be told that I needed to pay another £50 on my way back. Making a total of £100 pounds excluding the cost of my original ticket which was £98. While queuing pay for the cost of my laugage, I met several families who had exactly thesame problem as myself. Ryanair needs to state the exact cost implications of their flights. Now if I had known that this flight would have cost me almost £200, I certainly would have flown with British Airways without any doubt. Well, you learn every day. I'm never flying with Ryanair again but it would be a complete injustice if I did not share my experience on here. Sadly the rating does not allow zero hence the 1/10
RouteLondon to Barcelona
Date FlownJuly 2018

"every flight is always late"

Trip Verified | Lamezia Terme to London. A total joke - every flight is always late because they let the people that have not paid for cabin baggage on last and take away their bags at the gate, it's not until the last person has got on the plane that they start loading the "confiscated" cabin bags into the hold - 120 bags takes ages to load, so the entire plane with all passengers seated sits there for 30 minutes whilst the bags are loaded. This has happened every flight I have been on and every flight has been over 30 minutes ate taking off. Oh and the seats are the most uncomfortable on any airline.
RouteLamezia Terme to London

"cancelled without information"

Trip Verified | Stansted to Frankfurt. 29 May 2018, Flight was cancelled without information and then no flight for 2 days. I have to buy ticket from other airline. Return on 5 June 2018 was delayed 4 hours. They did not pay a penny for compensation?
RouteStansted to Frankfurt
Date FlownMay 2018

"completely unhelpful attitude"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Edinburgh to Prague. I have no problem with the cabin crew. However the ground staff needs training in how to help passengers, not berate them. Most other airlines allow for a visa check at the gate. Not Ryanair. I was passed through security, appeared at the gate in plenty of time, but at the time to board I was told to go all the way back through security to a miniscule and obscure check-in desk to have my US passport checked for my flight to Prague. It didn't matter one bit that the Czech Republic is visa-free for US citizens, only that I was required to do this. Of course I was not able to make the flight, but even worse the gate attendant was outright rude, stating it was not her fault. The gist of it is she was right, but her completely unhelpful attitude also tripped out at least 4 other US citizens on the same flight. This regularly happens due to poor ground training and procedures. After writing a complaint to Ryanair customer service the response was predictable, no apology, it is the passengers' responsibility to check the visa requirements. Ryanair needs to amend their procedures and place a qualified individual after security and before boarding so there is no longer the need for paying customers to be inconvenienced by missing their flight. I will never fly Ryanair again.
RouteEdinburgh to Prague

"Avoid at all costs"

Trip Verified | East Midlands to Las Palmas. Rude Staff, ran out of alcohol and other Refreshments, left us outside plane Waiting For shuttle bus as they only had 2 buses instead of 3. Worst flight I've had. Avoid at all costs.
RouteEast Midlands to Las Palmas