Ryanair

"worst experience I’ve had with Ryanair"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Malaga. Probably the worst experience I’ve had flying with Ryanair. Staff very rude, unhelpful and miserable. I understand that they are very busy but manners take nothing considering they are the first people you encounter when starting your holiday. Also found it very disappointing that they could offer very little in flight snacks.
RouteManchester to Malaga

"Very very disappointed."

Trip Verified | Stansted to Brindisi. Since more or less 6 months Ryanair say that if you want to have your baggage with you, you must a priority fee. This fee suppose to allow you to pass for first At the moment that you show your ticket. In the flight that I took yesterday this didn't happened, many people without priority passed before of me and this is something really unacceptable, doesnt make sense to pay something if after you cant have the service that you are paying for, i know for sure 2 people that passed before me and that are been relocated to the priority, even if they dont have it, and i guess that someone else is passed as well. Very very disappointed.
RouteStansted to Brindisi
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"I forgot to check in online"

Trip Verified | I am disgusted at the amount I had to pay because I forgot to check in online. My round trip flight from Dublin to Glasgow was only $45 but it was another $40 checking in my bags. You’d think they’d offer free return bag check in considering it was round trip. When I got to the airport this morning they charged me 90£ because I forgot to check in online (50£) and to recheck my bags (40£) in to return to Dublin. I checked my bank account and it was $122. That’s an absolutely ridiculous amount just to “check in.” I will never be flying with Ryanair again.
RouteGlasgow to Dublin

"arrives 90% on time"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | I have over 20 flights with this company and still have current bookings with them, which means that I am quite delighted to choose this company. All the flights were on time. However, in my last flight which was mandatory to be on time, from Malta to Rome, from which I had a connection to Palermo, it had a delay of over 2 hours. Fortunately for me I left 4 hours exchange time, so this reduced to just 2 hours to get from Ciampino (Rome aiport) to Tiburtina (bus station). Still it caused some stress, because in case of a higher delay I would have lost my connection and had to pay an extra 200 euros to buy a train ticket later on that day. Be careful with sticking to time schedules, because this could cause huge problems in some case. Don`t forget your add: Ryanair arrives 90% on time.
RouteMalta to Rome
Date FlownDecember 2017

"This isn’t worth the hassle"

Trip Verified | Malaga to Newcastle. We had a few issues at the check-in when the family I was travelling with (whom I was not related to) had trouble with the boarding pass which had a different age on then my actual age. However, the woman who was scanning the boarding passes was extremely rude and was even raising her voice at us. I understand there were issues but instead of being helpful she was terribly nasty and we were also allocated random seats This isn’t worth the hassle and I would definitely suggest flying with a better airline.
RouteMalaga to Newcastle
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"Another money making con"

Trip Verified | I went on a short city break with my boyfriend over New Year flying from East Midlands to Berlin and used the Ryanair app to check in at the earliest possible date (which was actually Christmas Day). When I checked in, I was allocated 2 random seats, 11 rows apart. I would understand if there were no seats available but both seats either side of the allocated seats were available to buy. Another money making con.
RouteEast Midlands to Berlin
Date FlownDecember 2017

"Very nice and enjoyable flight"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Standard trip, no thrills, no problems flying from Ponta Delgada to Porto. All went smoothly from the beginning, right from the moment of booking when I got a great bargain, till the moment I arrived at the airport. Simple check in, speedy boarding, departure on time, nice crew. Departure and arrival just on time. Clean airplane, not very roomy but that is the B737 fault as those boeing planes are a bit narrow and so elbow room is not the best available. You can't expect much, there is not even a pouch to put your belongings but you have decent space for your legs and plenty of space for carry on bags as they monitor the ammount of bags carefuly. Very nice and enjoyable flight, as usual.
RoutePonta Delgada to Porto
Date FlownDecember 2017

"all of us scattered around the plane"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | First time on holiday with Ryanair flying from Milan to Catania, I booked for 8 people. Check in has been a bad suprise, since the "random" seat assignment resulted in 8 people seating in 8 different rows! Before confirming this seat assignement a notice prompted me to pay if I wanted the freedom to choose seats. This is exactly as any other low cost airline promises in theory, since most airlines advertises that you have to pay to choose your seat. Recent experiences on other low cost airlines (easyJet, Wizz Air, Vueling) however resulted in all the people booked together being seated together without any extra cost. For this reason I was surprised to have all of us scattered around the plane. Except this, the flight was good and on time. Seat Comfort is average for low cost. Anyway I feel this "trying to force" the extra charge for choosing the seat is a bit rude and out of common low cost market practices. I would fly Ryanair again if the saving is really significant, otherwise revert to other low cost airlines.
RouteMilan to Catania
Date FlownDecember 2017

"Worst airline flown with"

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Frankfurt. Worst airline I've ever flown with. Charging to keep 3 seats together when there is plenty of room on board the aircraft? Trying to charge $60 per ticket if your boarding pass isn't printed and not accepting mobile boarding passes in 2017? I expect hidden fees, but Ryanair is over the top. Do yourself a favor, fly with a more respectable airline.
RouteBarcelona to Frankfurt
Date FlownDecember 2017

"the day started with a delay"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Porto to Milan. Today the day started with a delay in my flight without previous notice. Not an email, not a text message, I was only informed about it when I was in front of the gate to embark. The delay was of 2 hours which is not refundable but got me into a lot of trouble. I only had one bus to go to from the airport of my arrival to my destination and that bus was scheduled for 1:30h after a normal arrival. Since the flight arrived around 2:30h late, I missed the bus. I couldn't get the bus ticket refunded (20€ to waste) and I had to stay in the airport for 10 hours waiting for the next bus as I was traveling alone and leaving the airport with heavy luggage is not comfortable at all. I was trying to write to Ryanair to at least get some discount on my next flight since the delay was on them but I can't even get in touch with them because they have it in the system that the delay was under 3hrs so by European law it is all okay.
RoutePorto to Milan