Ryanair

"no apologies or explanations"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Flew Knock to Athens via Stansted. I had a "Priority " ticket". Even though I flew all the way with Ryanair I had to purchase two separate tickets and therefore had to check in twice. Once in Knock and again in Stansted. We were an hour late leaving Knock, no apologies or explanation. My flight to Athens was for 6.10pm but I wasn't allowed to go to the departure lounge until check in opened and had to hang around the arrival hall for three hours. One coffee shop and a fast food joint, nowhere to sit. Finally get to check in and there aren't any employees! In the check in area, 10 out of 20 weigh stations weren't working and when I found one that worked it was after three attempts. There was one lady outside the check in counter and her job was to tell you to lift your case into the conveyor belt and scan the boarding pass. Didn't offer to help anyone. I checked in one case and had one carry-on and a small bag. The carry on was fine from Knock to Stansted but was not acceptable Stansted to Athens! This I learned while boarding so my carry on went into the cargo. I didn't have time to open it to get some items that I wanted to "carry-on". Flight was supposed to leave at 6.10pm. They called us to the gate at 5.25pm and we stood there until 6.35pm, finally told to proceed, got stuck on the stairs 15 minutes and to add insult to injury another 10 minutes in freezing temperatures at the bottom of the steps attached to the aircraft. We eventually left at 7.10pm, an hour late. Again, no apologies or explanations. Of course I was delayed in Athens because I had to wait for two bags instead of one! I will never fly with them again unless it's absolutely necessary.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteKnock to Athens via Stansted
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"waiting 7 hours at customer service"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Bratislava to Stansted via Aalborg. That Ryanair is low fare is well known and so I did expect not to have much space on the plane and that I was able to take one bag into the cabin if lucky. When I was already sitting on the plane from Bratislava to Stansted I received my e-mail that my flight from Stansted to Aalborg was canceled and I could not get off the plane to Stansted because it was too late. In Stansted, I was told that I have to wait 26 hours for a next flight and I had a right to have a refund and at least a hotel room where to stay till the next day. After waiting for 7 hours at the customer service I was told to wait for extra 2 hours just so they will check if there is any hotel room available. After another 3 hours they told me at the customer service that they don't know anything about a hotel room and that they will give me a standby ticket to Billund and I can try to catch it, because in that time I had less than an hour and there have been more standby tickets and they took just limited amount of them. It was hell, but after problems at the airport check-in and running for life (and plane) I got there. I arrived in Billund at late night and I had to travel to Aalborg by buses until the morning. I asked for refunds and they told me that I will receive them within 10 working days. That was in September 2017. I did not receive anything and I tried to contact them multiple times but either I was ignored completely or they just wrote me that they forwarded my e-mails and complains to different departments. In December 2017 I finally was able to contact them and account department of Ryanair wrote me that I will have my refunds on my account within 28 days. 28 working days passed and I haven't seen a penny. Honestly, I would not recommend using this airline no matter what. If you have a chance to use a different airline or transport please do. If you have a problem they are sending your messages from one department to another or they just ignore it saying that they have a lot to solve and its not only their online service but customer service at the airport and cabin staff as well.
RouteBratislava to Stansted via Aalborg
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"disappointed about all the supplements"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Really disappointed about all the supplements you have to pay after buying the ticket. The new rules about not having the right to bring your hand luggage with you on the plane (small purse + small hand luggage as typical) is absurd. Now you have to pay to be sure not to get it in the hold. In my case, I had another flight to catch so I needed to have my hand luggage with me which forced me to pay the extra price. Furthermore, we are two travelling, and when I made the checkin online the system gave us two seats far away from each other. Next option was; "You are sitting apart, do you want to sit next to each other?" Click yes, and an extra supplement is charged to change one of the seats to be next to the other one. Why just not put them together from the first moment if two normal seats are actually available??
RouteLas Palmas to Madrid
Date FlownNovember 2017

Ryanair customer review

(Lithuania)

Trip Verified | I always fly with the same cabin luggage. On my flight back home from Dublin to Kaunas, my luggage was recognised as too large and I had to pay €50 for it. Lady who took my luggage was really rude, did not explain anything properly, was talking in an inappropriate manner. I felt very stressed and upset afterwards and I am very disappointed in the overall customer service of your airlines.
RouteDublin to Kaunas

"a great impression"

(Belarus)

Trip Verified | Three flights with Ryanair during my trip to Sicily, Rome Fuimicino to Catania and a week later, Palermo to Vilnius via Bergamo (self-connection). All in all, a great impression. All three flights arrived in time, very quick and efficient boarding and disembarkment, modern aircraft, quite comfortable seats, courteous cabin crews. Also, it's really great that they abolished the visa check requirement for Schengen flights for non-EU passport holders. All flights were completely booked but this didn't cause any problems. The only minor drawback is - a lot of advertisements during the flight. Generally, it was an amazing experience, especially for a low-cost carrier. I'm very grateful to Ryanair for possibility of getting almost to any country of Europe with very low fares.
RoutePalermo to Vilnius via Orio al Serio
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"seat is fair in terms of the space"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Venice. I bought a Priority Plus ticket and it cost about 40 Euro, especially when I realised that I could get a lower price with separate add-ons. The seat is fair in terms of the space and the food is of an average price. The staff was friendly and the flight was just in time.
RouteBarcelona to Venice
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"communicating with Ryanair not easy"

Trip Verified | Leeds to Faro. After the pilot/holiday fiasco I’ve not found communicating with Ryanair easy. I was required to travel from Leeds rather than Newcastle. I paid for petrol, parking and underwent major stress in the process. Ryanair emailed me beginning of do December telling me they get back in due course but still no correspondence yet. They credited me with £700+ and were quick enough to retract that mistake they had made. I’ve now been calling them for 25mins+ which they said would take 12 mins.
RouteLeeds to Faro
Date FlownNovember 2017

"allocated different seats"

(Iceland)

Trip Verified | Flying from Edinburgh to Rome on 17 January. They allocated different seats to me and my friends, all tickets being bought by me at the same time. So different corners of the plane just because we didn't pre-buy the seats! I have never ever met this kind of thing.
RouteEdinburgh to Rome
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"make a complaint on the website"

Trip Verified | Zaragoza to Stansted. I checked in at Zaragoza airport a Samsonite suitcase and when I collected it at London airport it was badly damaged and unusable. I approached the Ryanair staff at the airport to make a complaint about it and a woman said to me that I had to make a complaint on the website because it was a bag older than 5 years. I insisted and she refused to acknowledge my complaint. Unbelievably, after making the complaint on their website they have come back to me with a letter that says: "For the purpose of a claim under 15.1.2, acceptance of Checked Baggage by the bearer of the Baggage Identification Tag, without complaint at the time of delivery, is prima facie evidence that it has been delivered in good condition and in accordance with the contract of carriage." My suitcase could have lasted for at least another 5 years if it hadn't beenfor Ryanair, but what I really find annoying is the way the staff conned me into not being able to make a complaint immediately.
RouteZaragoza to Stansted
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"worst experience I’ve had with Ryanair"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Malaga. Probably the worst experience I’ve had flying with Ryanair. Staff very rude, unhelpful and miserable. I understand that they are very busy but manners take nothing considering they are the first people you encounter when starting your holiday. Also found it very disappointing that they could offer very little in flight snacks.
RouteManchester to Malaga