Ryanair

"What a shambles!"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | . to NaplesWhat a shambles! After not being able to check in online 2 hours before departure as informed on the website, I requested help from the staff in the airport. However, I was still charged a whopping amount of 880 dkr as a "check-in charge". Being a frequent flyer I have never in my life had problems with checking in on a flight, and I'm appalled at Ryanair's scams. On top of that the flight was delayed considerably, of course with information being little to none. I am not surprised that the staff have called for strikes.
RouteCopenhagen to Naples

"Absolute shambles"

Not Verified | 2 hr delay at Pisa (including an hr in a hot, poorly air-conditioned plane), got to Stansted and there was no-one to open the plane doors (another 15mins) and then 1 hr 20 mins wait for our bags! Snacks trolley took an hr and 10 mins to reach us in row11 (not even half way down the plane!). Absolute shambles with the staff running up and down the plane to hand each other snacks as their trolley was insufficiently stacked!
RoutePisa to Stansted

"Absolute nightmare"

Trip Verified | Palma to Stansted. Absolute nightmare, disgraceful, painful and torturing travel. From the beginning of the trip, the flights were late, Staff at Palma airport was completely unprepared, shouting at people, being rude. We were asked to wait for the bus to get to the aircraft which took over 1 hour, under heat without being given any explanation or water. Then got inside the aircraft and had to wait again for ages before taking off - poor air conditioning. In Stansted, when we all thought the experience was over, there were 1,000 delayed passengers left stranded at baggage reclaim waiting for luggage for hours. Staff unprepared, rude and clueless. Overall? Was meant to be home at 19:00. Only got there at 00:00. Last time ever I flew with Ryanair. Never again.
RoutePalma to Stansted

"Unacceptable service"

Trip Verified | We were flying from Thessaloniki to London Stansted airport on 15/07/2028. Not only there was a delay up to 1h and 40 minutes without even letting us know anything when we arrived and we missed our transfer there was no one at the customer service. The worst company. Unacceptable service and frequent delays (our forward flight was delayed as well)
RouteThessaloniki to Stansted

"cabin crew were lovely"

Trip Verified | Stansted to Budapest with Ryanair proved to be something of a mixed bag shall we say. I booked online and at the time thought the fare to be reasonable. The website was rather clear as to the charging policy and so I bought priority boarding and paid for a bag too. The priority boarding proved to be a false economy. Reaching Stansted was very expensive by train and entirely negated the few pounds saved against flights from my more local Heathrow. While the shambles of security at Stansted is beyond Ryanair I was concerned to see that my flight had not been on time once in 3 weeks. The bag drop was not well organised at all and the uniformed Ryanair staff member had a poor grasp of English. She actually walked away from an elderly German lady who asked for help with the bag tagging machine. The queue for the flight was poorly managed and regardless of my “priority” boarding I was one of the last to board due to the poor queue management. Sure enough, the flight was just over 1 hour late in departing for Budapest. The cabin crew were lovely people and very friendly and professional. The seat was fine for a short flight and the safety demonstration was conducted in a professional manner. If Ryanair could do something about the expensive train from Liverpool Street I would use their services again. However, due to the cost of reaching Stansted I shall look elsewhere for my next trip to Budapest. For those within easier reach of Stansted I think this flight is a good option.
RouteLondon Stamsted to Budapest

"very disappointing experience"

Trip Verified | Hamburg to Edinburgh. Unprofessional airline. My wife and I planned a trip together to visit my ancestral home of Scotland. We arrived at the airport at 04:55 am for a flight departing at 6:20. Ryanair does not have any staff to assist with baggage, instruction on how to get to the gate or that there is a preclearance requirement to travel to the UK, and no staff that assisted in any way including how to take baggage on the plane through security. We were among at least 12 people denied access to the flight as they didn’t have a shuttle to the airplane once to the gate. Everyone was extremely frustrated and left without an alternative and no one can provide help particularly if the booking was made online. Even the staff in Hamburg airport were unimpressed with Ryanair and noted this is simply the way they operate. The inexpensive fare was completely wasted and one loses the return flight if you don’t make the first flight. This is a “fine print airline” that may work for the experienced traveler with the patience to lose their money a few times in order to get the hang of their “method” but do not make the mistake of thinking that this is actually an air service. There is no service. This was a very disappointing experience and I’m shocked the business model has survived.
RouteHamburg to Edinburgh
Date FlownJuly 2018

"worth avoiding this company"

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Dublin. Horrendous experience. I flew with this airline on a return flight to Barcelona. Both flights were delayed by 1hr 30mins to 2hrs. However, it was the manner that they were delayed that was most frustrating. For both delays there was no communication from the airline. When we arrived there was no mention of delay until it became apparent that there was still no plane at the gate at the listed time of departure. After 45mins waiting at the gate we were finally allowed on the aircraft. However, the delay continued for another hour on the plane where it was incredibly uncomfortable, stuffy and hot. Overall I arrived 2 hours later than what was listed with zero communication from the airline besides an apology text to my phone the next day. The whole experience was not acceptable, even from a company that seems to have a reputation for this type of experience. he flight was the most uncomfortable and rocky flight I've ever experienced (and I'm someone that usually enjoys flying). Ryanair preaches low cost, however considering the multitude of ridiculous extra fees (e.g you have to pay upwards of €15 for a seat even though you've already purchased a ticket?), the consistent delays, the lack of communication, the uncomfortable flights, and the low quality customer service, it is in my opinion far more worth avoiding this company and paying the little bit extra it costs to fly with another airline to guarantee a stress-free flying experience.
RouteBarcelona to Dublin
Date FlownJune 2018

"Ryanair goes down every year"

Trip Verified | Rome Ciampino to Stansted. When I flew to Rome I bought the Priority that allow you to come into the plane first together with your luggage. It costs me £7 at the top if my flight tickets that was around £60. Now I came back and have been waiting on the airport more then an hour waiting for my luggage. On my way back I didn’t buy a priority as I feel this is stupid for every single service that Ryanair provide. I was told by the person working in Ryanair baggage enquirers that it can take up to 1.5 hours? I am so disappointed and dissatisfied with them. Ryanair goes down every year. I will avoid them in future and there are better companies that are few pounds more expensive and can provide you amazing service.
RouteRome Ciampino to Stansted

"As usual delayed"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Bari to Bologna. There was no cleaning from previous flight. Really bad service from the crew. As usual delayed.
RouteBari to Bologna
Date FlownJuly 2018

"could not care one bit"

Trip Verified | Palermo to Stansted, the flight was delayed to start with with more problems but the main problem is when I get to Stansted. Light check in bag was not on the conveyor belt. I reported this to swiftbolt and they gave me a report. I've also made a complaint on Ryanair website - they've got a chat but for the last two days I cannot get through on it. It seems Ryanair could not care one bit about their customers so my advice to everybody do not use them.
RoutePalermo to Stansted