Ryanair

"happy Ryanair customer"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Bristol to Faro. This time just OK with one of the old aircraft and a crew who, in general, just did their job with no chat, smiles or eye contact but nevertheless efficient. The exception was the only female staff member - a charming Romanian young lady - who put her male colleagues to shame in getting my case down and carrying it to the airport lift for me. This flight, as with the outbound flight, both departed and landed more or less on time. Overall I am a very happy Ryanair customer. Just read the regulations and try a smile.
AircraftB737-800
RouteBristol to Faro
Date FlownApril 2018

"one of the best flights"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Faro to Bristol. This was my first 'special assistance' flight alone and the staff who were all friendly and helpful went above and beyond normal duties, helping me to my seat, stowing and retrieving my case from the rack and letting me move from my allocated centre seat to a window seat. Check-in staff were equally helpful - special assistance passengers are directed to the Flexi Plus counter - with only one passenger ahead of me and a wheelchair arriving within 5 minutes. I also tried the new Ryanair 'Full Breakfast' of orange juice, sausages,bacon, tomato, rosti and white pudding, Irish bread with butter and marmalade and choice of hot drinks.- served personally by the chief steward as he had never seen one before ! - and can recommend it at €10 having had far worse on big name airlines. Departing I was helped with my luggage to the airport lift and wished a pleasant weekend. With it also being a new aircraft with the more comfortable seats I would rate this as being one of the best flights, long or short haul that I have had in recent years.
AircraftB737-800
RouteFaro to Bristol

"no customer care"

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Ponta Delgada. My husbands colleagues bought us RyanAir vouchers as a wedding present. It was intended for both the bride and the groom of course. However they were the colleagues of my husband, so they bought it in his name. We very carefully planned what to do with these vouchers, when we finally thought that going back to Azores is the best way to spend them. We were about to pay for the 2 tickets from Lisbon to Ponta Delgada, when the system threw an error that only 4 vouchers can be accepted. We had 8. No problem, we thought. We would buy the tickets individually. So we bought the tickets for my husband, all 4 vouchers went through fine. Then we were going to buy mine, when the system disagreed, because the vouchers were in my husband's name. We contacted RyanAir, to ask for a solution. They have been using our wedding present for almost a year, and we naturally wanted to get something out of it. There only reply both through chat and complaint was that "please read the terms and conditions." Well. We are very disappointed, that something that has been intended to make us happy turned out so ugly. They have no flexibility, no customer care, no work arounds, nothing. This a terrible way to manage customer satisfaction. And we would absolutely NOT recommend this air line.
RouteLisbon to Ponta Delgada
Date FlownApril 2018

"it was a good experience"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Rome Ciampino to Tarbes. Before choosing this flight I read reviews which worried me. I realised the complaints came from incidents, mostly from first time customer like me. To ensure I would not experience the same incidents, I read the procedures: bookings, luggage, check in, arrival time, etc. I booked 07:55 flight on 15 April 2018 from Rome Ciampino to Tarbes for myself, with plus service (this includes 20kg checked luggage). I installed Ryanair Apps to check in online (this is to avoid €55 charge for check in at the airport). I arranged my luggage not to exceed 20kg allowance. At the airport I dropped my luggage at check in counter, wait for boarding, everything was fine. During the flight, everything was ok. Seats are non reclining, but hey it's only 1.5hr flight. Legroom was sufficient, I'm only 5'5" anyway. Service was fine although I did not want to spend my euros for meals on board. After the flight I collected my luggage without hassle. So it was a good experience. Learning from those complaints: be prepared, understanding the procedure before choosing the flight, comply with it, you'll get the good experience as I had.
RouteRome Ciampino to Tarbes
Date FlownApril 2018

"Overall, worth what we paid"

Trip Verified | Jerez to Barcelona. Not the best flight. Boarding process was chaotic and we had to walk quite a long distance, in the rain, to the aircraft which was not parked close to the terminal even though the ramp was empty. No boarding gate. Had to use the aircraft stairs which were wet from the rain. Flight was short and tolerable. Landing was brutal - hard initial impact followed by some airtime and a second impact. In fairness to the pilots I think they were fighting a crosswind but there were no announcements warning us of what was to come. We had a gate in Barcelona and quick baggage delivery. Overall, worth what we paid.
RouteJerez to Barcelona
Date FlownMarch 2018

"charged for not checking in"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Milan. Worst airline I’ve taken. I got charged 55€ each for not online checking in, on top of that we were two hours early and they did not give us seats next to each other. It’s a crazy amount of a penalty fee! More expensive than the flight and I have not experienced this anywhere else, and I have flown with other budget airlines.
RouteBarcelona to Milan

"bad overbooking experience"

Trip Verified | Lublin to Stansted. Very bad overbooking experience. We were asked to wait till end of boarding to be told that my wife and son has to stay and I can go. My wife was proposed to go to another airport to catch other plane flying to London on her own, using public transport, or wait two days, but airlines will only pay for one night in Hotel. She was told airlines will pay compensation straight away, what did not happened. She stayed few hours in hotel then she decided to spend those two nights in our friends house. They never contacted her or me to arrange any help.
RouteLublin to Stansted

"we sat for 2 hours"

Trip Verified | Malta to Stansted. Worst airline I have been on. The staff try to take my luggage to put in the hold of plane even though there was enough free space on the plane. Then we sat for 2 hours while the crew made excuses up why we were waiting. We sat in Stansted on the plane for an hour waiting for someone to get stairs.
RouteMalta to Stansted
Date FlownApril 2018

"friendly, kind and helpful"

Trip Verified | Flew Dinard to London Stansted with Ryanair. Despite the stress caused by the delay and almost missing my next flight, I want to say a huge thank you to the cabin crew for being so friendly, kind and helpful. I had to run through the airport but I made it on time. Giving a good rating just because of the crew.
RouteDinard to London Stansted

"Kafkaesque and dispiriting"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Nuremberg. The actual flight was not a problem but my check in baggage was. I had pre-booked a suitcase on the flight. My wife had too. Her passport is from the UK: her bag went straight through at the check-in counter. I have a Australian passport and my bag was weighed, tagged and given back to me to carry to another part of the airport for some sort of separate inspection. At the "Special Inspection" station I put the bag on the belt and it zipped away - there was no 'inspection'. I have traveled in and out of the UK for 40 years on other airlines and never had to do this sort of ridiculous procedure before. To add insult to injury I had submitted my German residency card and passport for stamping at the check-in counter but the desk attendant didn't stamp my boarding pass and I was given a lot of grief at the gate for 'not having a visa check'. Kafkaesque and dispiriting - next time I will go on Lufthansa and save the grief.
RouteManchester to Nuremberg