Ryanair

"Painful way to travel"

Trip Verified | Nürnberg to Porto. Painful way to travel. This airline has been late every time I’ve flown it. The cabin is super hot and stuffy and be prepared to tolerate drunk groups of people on the later flights. Some flight attendants are polite and kind, some are not pleasant. Seats are very uncomfortable and cramped. Yes the fee for travel can be cheap if you can avoid all the upcharges, but you pay in a different way. - through late flights, long lines, gross cabins, drunk passengers, constant selling, bad food options etc. So regardless of the cheap flights, I’m done with Ryanair. Not worth it.
RouteNürnberg to Porto
Date FlownJune 2018

"worst flying experience ever"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Skavsta to Stanford. Would never recommend using this airlane after today's experience. First we arrive at 5 pm in the morning, at the cost of our night sleep. When we have checked in our bags and gone through security, they inform that not airplane is coming, due to late arrival, until seven to eight hours later. Still they could not offer any hotel room until four hours would pass, as the airplane could come earlier than their estimation. When we arrive the second time the plane is first estimated 30 minutes later than before, then to change into one hour. No personal of Ryanair was reachable neither at the airport nor through phone. Later departure to the same destination by Ryanair went into air as normal without any possibility for us to board that plane. I just give a big warning of Ryanair, the worst flying experience ever, though I'm a frequent flyer.
RouteSkavsta to Stanford
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Our flight got cancelled"

Not Verified | Stansted to Cork. Our flight got cancelled about 30 minutes prior to take off; not delayed, completely cancelled. So I have no idea how the plane, on flight service, seats, or anything related ot the flight were as I never made it on a plane. So we waited in line for 3 hours to speak with a customer service representative about booking an alternative flight. When we finally made it through the line (many, many flights were cancelled this day), we found out that ALL Ryanair flights for the next 2 days to every location were completely booked, so the soonest we would be able to get on another flight was 3 days later. We had limited time where we were going as we were on vacation. So we decided to book with another airline (same day meant that it was very expensive). The customer service representative told us we qualified for compensation to make up some of the extra cost, and actually told us it was a good thing we got on another airline with how quickly all their flights were filling up. When filing for that compensation, we were told the cancellation was outside of their control so they would only refund the flight. We were given many reasons why the flight was cancelled by various airport and airline employees. Ryanair was not even willing to compensate money I would have lost if I had rebooked on their airline and stayed in London the additional 3 days. Next time I will pay a little more to go with a more reputable airline.
RouteStansted to Cork
Date FlownMay 2018

"delayed by almost 3 hours"

Trip Verified | The flight time from London Stansted to Nuremberg generally takes about 90 minutes. My flight was delayed by almost 3 hours, resulting in an arrival in Germany at 1am. When Ryanair does the basics well, it is a very good airline. I want to get to my destination safely and an on-time. I have used Ryanair for many years because it never seems to compromise on safety and has had an excellent on-time record. Something is going wrong with flights from London Stansted, which, I believe, is Ryanair's largest base, as measured by aircraft and passenger numbers. When I travelled to Nuremberg, I noticed that a large number of flights were leaving with delays - my own flight's delay was the longest but delays of 40-60 minutes seemed routine. People have told me that there is an ongoing problem with Swissport, the ground agents at Stansted airport. This may be so but, at the end of the day, Ryanair is responsible for the agencies with which it has contracts and for the operation of its flights. When a ground agent is not available to staff a gate, that is, and should be, a reflection of Ryanair. in the case of my flight to Nuremberg, I was told that the plane was flying with delays because of a concatenation of events: a technical problem leading to a plane change earlier in the day; ongoing problems with Swissport; a loss of slot because of late servicing of aircraft by Swissport; ATC restrictions. The short flight passed without incident and the crew were competent and efficient. As usual, there was no-one available at Nuremberg to offer advice and assistance to passengers arriving almost 3-hours late.
RouteStansted to Nuremberg
Date FlownJune 2018

"never recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Venice. I would never recommend this airline to anyone. There are hidden fees (55 euros per way) for improper check-in, the site is faulty preventing check-in, and the customer service is not helpful or understanding. Emails, due to poor design and overload of graphics go straight to the spam folder. The entire service is designed to nickel and dime customers, thus the company’s business model is about tricking customers and writing special terms to catch them unawares.
RouteBarcelona to Venice
Date FlownJune 2018

"live chat does not actually exist!"

Trip Verified | Alicante to Newcastle-upon-Tyne. I booked car hire with my upcoming flight. I have now attempted to contact Ryanair several times to obtain a quote for an additional driver. Despite the company advertising “live chat “ options, on every occasion so far, I have been informed no staff are available! On one occasion, I waited ten minutes before being disconnected. It is virtually impossible to find a customer service email contact. My query is very simple but, as per, large companies such as Ryanair have no concept of customer service. On top of that, they appear to be advertising a service of live chat which does not actually exist! No one seems accountable and there does not appear to be any control or regulation of their customer service sites which promise so much but in reality deliver very little service.
RouteAlicante to Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Date FlownJune 2018

"greyhound bus in the sky"

(Spain)

Not Verified | Malta to Sevilla. I gave it one star, but if I could give it zero I would. It is the first and last time I fly with them. When I got to the airport they did even open the desk until an hour before we boarded. I had to pay 55€ because I didn’t do the check in properly. When I try contacting them they charged me .56€ per minute and they never answer I was was on the phone for at least one hour. To continue my nightmare the flight was terrible, it was like a greyhound bus in the sky! The entire time people were walking and standing all over the plain it was a completely chaos.
RouteMalta to Sevilla

"Every possible hassle"

Not Verified | Edinburgh to Stansted. My experience was terrible. Every possible hassle that I could think of arose. Couldnt check in attempted several times and finally was told checkin was closed. Also told flight had left before it was time. Had to find customer services at Edinburgh airport who was so helpful. She followed me through every hassle until i got my boarding pass. Took 2 whole hours to get through checkin and security. Had heard they were bad news but didnt expect them to be this bad. They really are what they say - cheapest airline, but I would add troublesome airline too. Special assistance did all they could to get me to the flight on time but she really had to get a move on. Got there just as they were boarding. Never ever again will I use Ryanair.
RouteEdinburgh to Stansted

"My last Ryanair flight"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Berlin. My last Ryanair flight. Absolutely abysmal airline. They cancelled flights 2 weeks in a row and did not have next available flights for 2 consecutive days. Their chat personnel do not help at all by answering queries. There is a long waiting time and they are slow once on line. Their refund procedure takes 28 days, and further delay if they need anything more from your end. I never know if I will receive my refunds eventually and if I will ever reach a destination through Ryanair. I am a student and chose it to save costs but even at those low costs I will never book it again simply because of the delay and cancellation troubles, horrible customer care response and ridiculous refund policies.
RouteBarcelona to Berlin
Date FlownJune 2018

"happy with the inflight experience"

Trip Verified | Cologne to Manchester. About 100 minutes late leaving CGN this morning due to crewing issues. No information from ground staff regarding delay but nothing on Flightstats either. Once onboard all was as expected and was impressed by relief crew performance. The coffee was scalding hot this trip and as it should be and was probably the best drink I have had inflight in many years. I did not bother with food having already eaten at the airport. Overall very happy with the inflight experience.
RouteCologne to Manchester