Continental Airlines Passenger Reviews and Continental Airlines Customer Trip Reports

a World 3-Star Airline

a World 3-Star Airline

Add your Continental Airlines review

Continental Airlines detailed 3-Star ranking

Customer Review scoring : Continental Airlines
5 out of 10  5 out of 10

Continental Airlines Customer review :  8 June 2012 by K Wadhwani    (USA)

Mumbai to Newark on Business first. Worst service with FA's full of attitude. Mid flight snacks very poor and just kept in the galley. No service as I saw most of the passengers to go up to the galley asking for water and tea. It was like a self service. Not a service you expect in business class.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  31 May 2012 by B Ellis    (UK)

Flew from Manchester, UK to Newark, USA with continental (now owned by United). Staff seemed a bit miserable but they did their job well and were very attentive. The inflight entertainment system was excellent and full of entertainment and the meals were what you would expect from economy class. All the flights were on time and went without any issues. overall, I am happy with my experience on Continental Airlines.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  17 May 2012 by D Morrison    (UK)

Travelled from Glasgow to Newark return. Excellent service both ways with good food and ample drinks provided. Paid extra for extra legroom so seated in emergency doors. A good choice. Lots of room. The return flight had very courteous and helpful staff. They displayed lots of humour and are an asset to the company. Inflight entertainment was excellent, easy to use and free. Will definitely fly with them again.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  8 May 2012 by M Moore    (UK)

My partner had booked 4 flights to USA and within the US over 3 weeks. We flew from Heathrow to Washington to Las Vegas to Newark to Heathrow. Overall we were happy with the service provided. Checking in was quick and easy, no long queues and staff helpful. Flights were on time and their system of grading boarders was good. Leg room was ample on 3 of 4 flights. We had onboard entertainment with latest films, not charged extra and no technical hitches. Food given on 2 of the flights only - usual standard airline food - hot and edible. Downside was that onboard staff were unfriendly and only did the bare minimum. Some of the planes were dated. I would use this airline again but feel they need to address their cabin crews attitude as they are at the forefront of this business and people like to be greeted by friendly faces.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  12 April 2012 by Eystein Ruud    (Norway)

Travelled 4 legs inside and to/from US with Continental. As a family of 5 with 3 children we never got our reserved seats, we where put in 5 different locations on the plane on all 4 legs. When we asked to sit with our children we were met with rude personnel. Booking tickets several months in advance, and checking in many hours in advance made no difference. When a delay from US to Europe made us miss the connecting flight, no one would help us.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  31 March 2012 by E Cornelissen    (Switzerland)

TXL-EWR-CLE-EWR-TXL. Had to board a full flight manually as systems had crashed, I missed the connection in EWR. Onboard, attentive FA's, nice food and IFE. In EWR they only managed to get me an Economy seat, despite the First/Business tickets, only to find at the gate they were happily upgrading frequent flyers. On return flight, on one seat the IFE was broken, the next the lap table didn't work so I ended up in the first row, "happily" being kept awake by chatting FA's. Food was good, they just forgot to get me dessert. Luggage arrived late and of course all the priority bags came in almost last. Both flights no flat beds, just ones where you slide down.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  6 March 2012 by R Chalmers    (UK)

Economy BFS-EWR-PTY return. BFS-EWR on 757-200 - did not bother with seatback entertainment. Crew pleasant, food average, but plenty of drinks rounds. Was travelling with my wife but we had been unable to get seats together. EWR-PTY - rep at gate sorted out two together. Flight to PTY (737-900) was unremarkable - the entertainment you pay for by swiping your CC. Return flight PTY-EWR: Cabin crew seemed uptight, answering questions in a very unhelpful way. Request for 'trash' was like a command. EWR- BFS was marred by fact that my seat would not recline - however flight was just under 6 hours and middle seat was unoccupied. Overall a poor service with the only benefit that it was the easiest way to get to PTY from BFS.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  5 March 2012 by Lee Chapman    (UK)

LHR-EWR-MCO-IAD-LHR on 757/737s. Very pleased with attentive staff who were only too happy to help with any questions. Full flights all round with good food for economy. Better than BA or Virgin on similar routes, staff are certainly more attentive and put customer service first. I have to say that CO/UA certainly are very reasonable for times and service of flights.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  1 March 2012 by R Bailey    (Canada)

I am a disabled veteran and require a wheelchair. I don't think I have ever been ignored by anyone to this extent. I arrived in Edmonton, was left sitting outside the aircraft until all passengers and crew were out. I finally wheeled myself up the three levels of ramps to customs. There was no personnel available to help me or my wife. This was on top of missing my connection on the way down.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  28 February 2012 by K Collins    (USA)

Miami to Cleveland continuing to Syracuse NY. Plane was 15 minutes from SYR and returned to Cleveland. Eventual cancellation of SYR flight, full plane. Sent to customer service line for 4 hour wait, told no flights to Syracuse for 5 days. Would give us 1 night of hotel, then we were on our own. Ended up having to spend $320 on car rental to drive to Syracuse. I was travelling with disabled husband and young daughter. Customer service (if you can call it that) was rude and nasty. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how I paid to fly, then how it cost me an extra $320 to get home with a 7 hour drive. More than half the customers gave up on customer service line and left, went directly to car rental.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  24 February 2012 by Stefani Thatcher    (UK)

My partner and I flew 4 flights in 1 week: London Heathrow-Houston-New Orleans and New Orleans-Newark- London Heathrow. 3 of the 4 flights were practically empty so legroom was made larger due to the extra seat. The entertainment on was good, but we were asked to pay for the use of the TV on the flight to Newark with seemed a little bizarre. Overall the flights and food were great, but awful staff attitude let them down. We didn't get one smile or pleasant exchange from the cabin crew on any of the flights. It doesn't cost anything to give someone a smile.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  23 February 2012 by T McMahon    (USA)

Managua Nicaragua to Houston. No leg room between seats. All exit aisle seats were empty as the airline now charges extra for them. Prohibited from moving to one. The video screens are right in front of your nose, and are accidentally activated by resting your arm on the armrest. FA's are forced to hawk overpriced merchandise during the flight. There must be a more comfortable way to fly.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  20 February 2012 by M Parkhurst    (USA)

Flew round-trip LAX-Newark in the Business First section. Legroom was so small that when the seat in front of me was reclined fully, I could not get out of my seat without holding on to his. The food was good, but the experience certainly not worth the extra price over Economy. Continental messed up our reservations so we had to spend an hour with the airport agent to finally get 2 business seats, not next to each other. Luckily other passengers were willing to switch so my husband and I could sit together.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  16 February 2012 by Steven Mulloy    (USA)

Roundtrip Richmond to Vail Co. Reg jet from RIC to EWR was great. Excellent inflight service. EWR was awful. Gate agent was yelling at customers during boarding process. All EGE employees were great. They helped minimize the cost of luggage and assisted with every aspect of the process. Sat in first class on DIA to EWR leg and cabin crew could not have been more indifferent to the service. It was as if we were bothering them. On return flight, skis were lost and did not arrive RIC. Overall, very poor experience.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  13 February 2012 by Terry Douris    (UK)

LHR-IAH-MSY. LHR-IAH brand new 777-200ER, on time, only half full, had complete row to myself. Cabin staff friendly and attentive and when my ICE froze, it was re-booted within minutes. Very easy journey. Food was bland and uninteresting. IAH-MSY busy flight on time with good service. Got the feeling that there is some rivalry between the United and Continental crews with the Continental folk wanting to do a bit more.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  8 February 2012 by S Elkins    (USA)

BOS-EWR-MSN. B737-700. Mid-morning flight Monday, so mostly business flyers. Half-empty. 2 for every 3 seats closer to front. Full row to myself at the back. Decent sized seatback IFE. Flipped through the channels during the free preview and they have a good selection, however $5.99 for 2hr or less or $7.99 2hr or more is steep. Landed Term C at EWR, but need to hop on bus shuttle to Term A for regionals. Term A is awful; one way overpriced sit-down sandwich place, coffee, Jamba Juice, and newsagent. EWR-MSN on ERJ-145 regional provider. Little overhead even with rollerboards ramp-checked.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  6 February 2012 by B Marcus    (USA)

BusinessFirst from Paris-Newark on a 757. The Star Alliance Lounge at CDG was nice enough. I feel the 757 is a small plane for that route. The Flat bed seating was nice but is was a little short for me since I am 6'3. Their AVOD is excellent and they had a great choice of movies. The food was very good and the flight attendants professional and attentive. The flight got in 30 minutes early. As a Star Alliance Gold Member I would choose United/Continental over Lufthansa because Lufthansa does not have flat bed Business Class Seating. For a US airline I feel Continental has a really good product and I hope that expands into the New United.