Top 100 Airports

Aeromexico

"staff treat you well"

New York JFK to Guatemala City via Mexico City with AeroMexico. This is a fine airline. The staff treat you well, and go above and beyond - polite and understanding. The food is free and offered on every flight. I flew AM twice in 2016 and will continue to utilize their services in all of my trips to Latin America and elsewhere - would highly recommend.
RouteJFK to GUA via MEX
Date FlownJuly 2016

"was the worst experience I had"

(Taiwan)

Verified Review | I travelled on July in Aeromexico from Mexico to Narita Tokyo - I had never had such a problems I found travelling in Aeromexico. For me it was the worst experience I had from an international airline. On July 4th from Tokyo to Mexico DF, the service was kind of self-service. I felt like the Aeromexico crew was acting as "divas" and we passengers, we were just the audience. They provided us some dinner then we had to wait almost one hour before the arrival to Tokyo to get another meal. Some people stand up to ask what happened with the meal, as almost all people were hungry. They said there was no problem, "everything was under control". Some snacks were provided at the back of the plane, however there was no information about this until you discovered them. On July 28th, the way back from Mexico to Tokyo was the longest flight in my life, as 2 or 3 hours after taking-off, they announced there was an electrical problem, not serious at all however we would need more fuel, so we were on the way to Guadalajara to refuel. This took two additional hours of a 12 hours flight! Also, the maintenance of one of the restroom was not good, as one of the toilet's lid couldn't stand on the tank, so for women we had to use it with the toilet lid standing on our back. I could not imagine how men did, to use this toilet. When I reported the problem to one person of the staff, the Aeromexico staff affirmed that restroom was working well, as she thought I was talking about a problem of flushing it. Then I showed her the toilet lid problem, she said: "Oh, yeah". Maybe for her it was not a problem! Additionally, one of the staff spilled some coke almost on me, the internal communication between staff on the plane, I heard one treating each other as "cabron", which shows again the non-professional staff working in Aeromexico. When they knew I could understand Spanish, they decided to move somewhere else to talk, and instead of being attentive to their passengers, they keep chitchatting during the flight. Aeromexico staff have no notion of in-flight service and service is at not all on the standards of a Skyteam airline. I won't take any Aeromexico flight again.
RouteMEX to NRT
Date FlownJuly 2016

"never recommend this awful airline"

Verified Review | Nashville to Cancun. Aeromexico ruined my vacation. Beyond being a big huge mess and cheap, they change flight time several times and do not get any responsibility, even if unexpectedly you lose your flight because you got an email 90 minutes before departure. Their system was down and got no help because employees are poorly trained and do not know how to handle critical situations. Coming back, the flight delayed almost 2 hours, changed gates 3 times at Cancun Airport and it took almost 1.5 hours to get our luggage! Their planes smell bad, windows are dirty, and before landing they asked me for the earphones be given back to them. This was so far the worst experience I had and would never recommend this awful airline to anyone. If you want to go on a pleasant vacation to Cancun, go by Delta!
RouteBNA to CUN
Date FlownJuly 2016

"food and service are great"

Verified Review | London Heathrow to Cancun via Mexico City with Aeromexico. LHR and MEX on a B787-8. The cabin pressure better than usual and there was less noise than on other aircraft. More legroom than on other planes was also noticeable. Flight was bumpy over the Mid-Atlantic but pilots navigated around turbulence well. Food served twice and of good quality. IFE modern and easy to use. Flight attendants helpful and friendly. Flight landed 10 minutes early. Flight between MEX and CUN the aircraft was a B737-700 in reasonably good shape. The cabin had been well maintained but no personal IFE. Once again, service was good and flight attendants helpful. A small packet of biscuits was handed out shortly before landing. Flight was delayed 50 minutes due to the pilot not turning up but plane landed in reasonably good timing. CUN-MEX and once again the plane was a 737-700. Flight took off and landed on time in the middle of the night and a bag of peanuts was handed out at about 2am. Flight was bumpy due to thunderstorms underneath but pilots manoeuvred the plane well. MEX-LHR flight was delayed by 1 hour due to a technical problem which they fixed quickly, professionally and efficiently. Two meals served and once again flight attendants were friendly. Turbulence occurred twice: once over the North-East of the U.S.A. and once over the Mid Atlantic. Flight landed 1 hour late due to delay. Overall, Aeromexico was a good airline which uses modern planes on Transatlantic routes and well maintained slightly older planes on shorter routes. The in-flight entertainment system is good and the food and service are great. A good airline.
AircraftBoeing 787-8 / 737-7
RouteLHR to CUN via MEX
Date FlownJuly 2016

"avoid this airline at all costs"

When attempting to check in yesterday for an Aeromexico return flight from Mexico City to Los Angeles, I was the told the flight was oversold and there were no seats for me and my wife, despite having booked a round trip ticket on Aeromexico’s website months in advance, having a confirmation number and seats assigned. I was told overbooking by 10% was “legal” due to it being the "high travel season." After speaking with an extremely unhelpful and rude supervisor, and explaining our situation, she said she would investigate further and disappeared, only to return 45 minutes later to again repeat there were no seats for us. She promised to place us first on a waitlist for the flight we had booked. When we appeared at the departure gate we noticed our names were numbers 18 and 22 on the electronic display of waitlisted passengers. Aeromexico and its staff do not understand customer service. Avoid this airline at all costs, particularly if your arrival time is of the essence, either for a connecting flight or an important appointment.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteMEX to LAX
Date FlownJuly 2016

"added to my 'never again' list"

Verified Review | I flew from London to Mexico City and back with AeroMexico and had an extremely disappointing experience. I used British Airways on this route before and should not have made the mistake of changing the airline. Flight London – Mexico City was delayed 17 hours. We already had boarded the plane when we were told that a technical inspection was ongoing and we would be delayed by 1 hour, then2 hours, then 2.5 hours. After 2.5 hours we were finally told that the flight wouldn’t depart. Admittedly handling of the delay was quite good – it took me only about 1h from disembarking to getting into a hotel room and the following day flight departed and arrived without problems. What was not so good was handling of my request for delayed flight compensation (no answer received to date). On the return leg I made the mistake of going into the AeroMexio lounge in Terminal 2. The worst airline lounge I have ever seen and my travel experience is quite extensive. When I entered the shower I thought maybe it would be better to travel not feeling fresh than risking a disease. The lounge was small, crowded and smelly. This not to mention the incompetence level at the check in – I appreciate that not all counters have to be opened, but the number of open counters should be sufficient not to make business class passangers wait for 25 minutes to check in the luggage. Flight departed with only 1h delay – 16h less than on the way there - progress. Half way through the flight the entertainment system and light in my seat stopped working. Flight was fully booked so there was no way to change the seat. I added AeroMexico to my “never again” list and would encourage everybody to do the same.
RouteLHR to MEX
Date FlownJuly 2016

"service is good and attentive"

(Mexico)

Aeromexico service is good and attentive. On the flight MTY -JFK in the Economy cabin offer snack (Sandwich, Yoghurt and drinks). The plane normally flown from GDL is old and small plane, also the MTY flying to JFK, which is annoying and which is a flight of more than 4 hours and no IFE. The seats can be a little uncomfortable for many flight hours. Overall it was a good flight and service was good.
AircraftE90
RouteGDL to NYC via MTY
Date FlownMay 2016

"a positive experience"

Verified Review | Vancouver to Ixtapa via Mexico City with Aeromexico and I had a positive experience. The departure in Vancouver was on time and the service, once in-flight, was impeccable. The planes both ways were top-of-the-line, including the smaller aircraft connecting to Ixtapa. The food was very good on the Vancouver-Mexico City legs, the entertainment was plentiful, flight attendants were checking on passenger needs all the time and the planes were immaculate. There was a gate change in Mexico City airport for the flight going to Ixtapa, with a 30 minutes delay. Mexico City airport would benefit from implementing "automated" English language gate change announcements - if one doesn't speak Spanish, it might be hard to understand accented announcements in English.
RouteYVR to ZIH via MEX
Date FlownJune 2016

"worst flight ever experienced"

Verified Review | Nashville to Cancun on Aeromexico. Worst flight I have ever experienced! Started off with a 9 hour delay. Then we are traveling with 3 small children and they could not get our seats together. I have flown with my child on several international flights and I've never been told there was nothing they could do to move our seats where at least one parent could sit with the child! Another 1 hour delay on runway on the way back!
RouteBNA to CUN
Date FlownJune 2016

"Would fly them again"

Mexico to London with Aeromexico. It is nice to see the inflight services improving, what is still a disgraceful embarrassment is the service provided in MEX. You first need to print your boarding pass; they claim that you can do it on your smartphone, but the app does not work at all! After you got your pass, you are now randomized into one of the three queues to drop your luggage and get your documents revised. The whole process is a mess, with people not understanding where to go. The red jacket personnel act more like grade school teachers than airport personnel asking clients to get in line. The queuing takes about 20 minutes. Boarding was done by zones, but since we had other flights boarding around, we were quite confused. On board, the airplane is spotless. Cabin crew works hard and is friendly, but a bit aloof. They were neatly dressed and groomed. Seats were the usual economy seats. Some people say they are narrower, but I did not feel particularly cramped. Meal portions were very small but tasty. Inflight entertainment was very good. Inbound flight was a red-eye too, which is very convenient. Would fly them again.
RouteMEX to LHR