Vote Now

Aeromexico

"ruined first half of our holidays"

(Denmark)

Verified Review | Amsterdam to Huatulco via Mexico City. We were travelling as a family with 2 adult and 3 teenagers. The best thing about Aeromexico would be the staff service on the planes. The seats were not that comfortable. Our further plane to Huatulco was cancelled without any information. We asked other passengers to get information. At the counter before flying to Huatulco, we stood together in one group, telling we are a family. 3 of us were picked for leaving with the plane and the staff told my wife and daughter to go to the next counter for solving some practical problems. Their boarding were torn apart. After a while my wife and daugther were told they could not go on the airplane?! My daugther started to cry and my wife got very worried because she is not used to travel and many people, new places are very hard to cope for her. Two of my children were sitting on the plane, and I had to fight for getting my minor children off the plane again. I felt lucky to get my teenagers off the plane again. It was very stressful and Aeromexico ruined the first half of our holidays in Mexico. Afterwards we thought we could compensation for a lunch or the cancelled flight. We were sent to wrong counter and left ourselves. This is the worst experience from ground staff we ever have experienced.
RouteAmsterdam to Huatulco via Mexico
Date FlownDecember 2016

"only good thing about this flight was the price"

(Brazil)

Verified Review | All round very disappointing flight with Aeromexico from Mexico to Brazil. Service was indistinguishable from what I would expect in Economy class. Seat was flat but at a steep incline and then as such good for rest but not sleep. Food was woeful although given that it was served at 1am I wasn't really in mood to eat. (not their fault - departure time was nearly midnight). Hated Mexico City airport. Lounge was pretty hopeless except for a couple of helpful waiters who managed to organise some crisps and Coca-Cola. Entertainment was ok, not great. The only good thing about this flight was the price which was barely above premium economy. If I were to judge this flight on the basis of it being premium economy I would be much happier. I will as such give it higher marks than I would have if I had paid a true business class fare.
RouteMEX to GRU
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"customer service is the worst"

Verified Review | A trip that was supposed to be 3.5 hours became 38hrs and the airline never apologized for the delays and cancelled flights. My trip started on time without a problem flying from Houston to Monterrey. My flight was delayed one hour then 3 hours and finally was cancelled. At 5 pm the only flight I was able to get was a flight to Mexico City at 10:30pm with a connection to San Luis Potosí at 6:30 a.m. I thought at least I'll get there in time for Christmas. They gave me a voucher for a hotel room in Mexico City which I slept in it for 2 hours since I had to go back to the airport for my 6am flight which was delayed and re schedule for 11:00 am then cancelled. I had get in line for the second time (the line was taking about 2 hours To get to the front desk) got rescheduled at 2:30. Well it was cancelled again so I had to get in line for the 3rd time another hour finally told the lady to send me with another airline which she did - Aeromar. I went across the hall to check in, surprise the ticket wasn't confirmed so I had to get in line again for the third time. Another hour just to get my ticket transfer confirmed finally my flight was scheduled for 5:30. I arrived in San Luis Potosí two hours later of course I lost my brothers wedding and my car rental reservation. It took me approximately 38hrs from Houston to San Luis. It was supposed to be 3.5 hours trip. I would never use that airline again. I ended up buying a direct return flight with United to Houston for 380 dollars. Aeromexico customer service is the worst.
RouteIAH to SLP
Date FlownDecember 2016

"never offered an apology"

Verified Review | Landed in Dallas after a 16 hr direct flight from Dubai with EK. Got my luggage and lmmediately checked into my Dallas to Mexico City flight. The layover which was want to be three hours became 6hrs and was now at risk of overlapping my final flight from Mexico City to Tampico. We arrived at Mexico City with an hour to spare and considering there were several delays faced by Aeromexico on December 23rd, and that the next flight to Tampico was the latest outbound flight, we whre sure we could make it. Then the aircraft parked in a remote location, we waited 10 mins for the bus to arrive and we spent 10 mins in the bus outside the plane after everyone had got on, we then waited outside the terminal building for another 10 mins with the doors closed because the Aeromexico staff where confused at our arrival. At this point the tampico flight had left and we stood in line for 2 hrs waiting to solve the issue. Aeromexico's response is that it's due to weather in Tampico and there is nothing they could do except put us on the next flight at 6:20 am the following day. We waited. At 6:20 am they said there is one cabin crew member they couldn't locate, after several hours we boarded the bus and arrived at the plane, the doors opened and the staff told us weather in Tampico had become bad and we needed to go back to the terminal. The flight was delayed hour on hour until 10:30 when they decided to cancel the flight. They said we needed to call customer service, international call - we rushed back to the check-in area and pleaded with the supervisor on duty, he said he couldn't do anything. During all of this, this 13 hour delay in Mexico City preceded by a 6 hour delay in Dallas, we were never offered an apology, a glass of water, a blanket or bed to sleep in or a morsel of food. There is definitely something fishy going on with the airline management. I will never fly Aeromexico again. In the end we collected our luggage with security, booked a cab to the bus terminal and took a 7 hour bus journey with several others from our flight to tampico, the worst customer experience I have ever had especially because the staff showed not an ounce of humility or compassion.
RouteDFW to MEX

"equipment is sub-standard"

Verified Review | Zihuatanejo to Vancouver via Mexico City. Aeromexico offers a wonderful upgrade option, the only problem is their equipment is sub-standard. My wife's seat back would not come forward and mine wouldn't recline. Keeping in mind these are small issues in the grand scheme of life, we were also disappointed to find out that being we paid for an upgrade ($325 usd) as opposed to buying the class premier seat initially, and we were refused access to the first class lounge quite rudely. Major fail.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteMEX to YVR
Date FlownDecember 2016

"I urge you don't use them"

Verified Review | Tijuana to Mexico City. I booked my vacation to Mexico City with Aeromexico trusting they were part of skyteam. Biggest mistake they ruined my vacation.. I was only 10 minutes late to airport which they said to be there two hours before! Okay 1 hour and 50 minutes the attendant marks my paper later is extremely rude and her manager comes out to say I have to buy another ticket. Do not use them they will lie, treat you horribly and just because you are not Mexican, expect to pay more. I urge you don't use them. They just found a new way to get more money. I told the attendant it recomendar two hours ahead. Not mandatory she was rude and told me I had to buy new tickets for me and my family. Horrible shame on you.
RouteTIJ to MEX

"multiple horrible experiences"

Verified Review | I recently had multiple horrible experiences with Aeromexico. This first issue I ran into was prior to my flight on October 27 from Tijuana to Mexico City. This was the first flight on my way to Peru for my Honeymoon. The night before the flight I was informed that my first name had been miss spelled by the travel agent who had assisted with booking my flights. I was informed by Aeromexico customer service that it was at the check in representatives discretion whether or not I would be able to fly on each of my flights with a misspelled name. They were not willing to change my name to my correct name and the flight would be non-refundable so if the Airline attendant refused to allow me to fly I would not be able to go on my Honeymoon nor would they be willing to refund my flights. Luckily my connecting flight was with Avianca not Aeromexico and Avianca was able to fix my name on each of their flights. I ended up going back and forth with 14 different customer services representatives with Aeromexico for about 4 ½ hours the night before my trip. Each customer services representative was excuses orientated rather than solution orientated and gave me one excuses after another about why they could not do something as simple as correcting my name. I continued to hang up on each representative after multiple excuses and would call back in. One representative tried to ask for $150.00 fee for each flight to fix my name so it was spelt correctly, this is when I knew that Aeromexico is all about making the travel experience as frustrating as possible for its customers so that it can get more money out of them. I refused to pay the fees and continued to call back in, I was finally able to speak with someone who somehow fixed my name on my flight home and informed me I would need to take my chances on the way there so I went to the Tijuana airport, did my best to distract the Airline attendant, and was able to get through without them catching my first name was miss-spelt as Jospeh rather than the correct spelling Joseph. This entire experience was extremely frustrating, stressful, and not the way you want to start off your Honeymoon. After an entire night of no sleep, a ton of stress, my wife crying due to the concern of potential not going on a trip we spent over $6,000 on we finally were on our way to South America. We had minimal to no issues with Avianca, and did not have another extremely stressful experience until our final flight home with AeroMexico. After our first 6 hour flight from Rio de Janerio, Brazil to Bogota, Columbia, then our 6 hour flight from Bogota, Columbia to Mexico City, Mexico we were ready for our final flight home from Mexico City, Mexico to Tijuana, Mexico prior to using the border crossing into San Diego. This final flight was meant to be an easy 3 hour 20 minute flight. We ended up flying to Tijuana and when we got to the Tijuana Airport we were informed the fog was too thick to land and we ended up circling around the Tijuana Airport for nearly two hours. After circling for nearly two hours we were informed that the Plane would need to refuel at a nearby airport so they flew us into some random airport somewhere in Mexico where we sat on the runway for another two hours. At this point we had been on our 3hr 20 minute flight for 7 hours.
RouteTIJ to MEX
Date FlownNovember 2016

"we are frustrated by this"

We arrived from Cancun to Mexico City at 6 in the morning to wait 2.5 hours, for our transfer to Aeromexico flight 482 to Las Vegas. As we arrived very early, employees did not have the number of the gate where we would expect our new flight. So we asked an hour later and one of the employees of Info directed us to Gate 62. Where we hope to board the plane. Time passed and nothing. no information of our flight, until we realized that they changed it to Gate 58. We got to the new gate 15 minutes before the plane took off and we were not allowed on the plane. Because we were late. The arrogance of the employees of this airline Aeromexico has no measure. Quite apart we missed the flight, they showed very little interest in helping, any information we did not have our bags. It took over half an hour to locate the bags, go through Mexican useless bureaucracy. We had to stay at the airport that day, with two minors and all the inconveniences. It was the ruin of our holiday. We waited until the following day to return to Las Vegas; and of course we had to pay for 6 new tickets. We are frustrated by this.
RouteCUN to LAS via MEX
Date FlownOctober 2016

"very uncomfortable and legroom was very tight"

Verified Review | Flew Montreal to Mexico City. Aeromexico is not a premium airline but attempts to make a decent job. Service tends to be courteous and respectful, but not overly friendly. Purser on board this flight was cold and barely answered when talked to (this is why I am rating cabin service poorly). The rest of the crew was OK. The airplane was one of the 737s that has not been yet revamped (N860AM). It was very uncomfortable and legroom was very tight. Armrest earphone plugs did not work, thus it was impossible to watch the inflight movie. Newer airplanes have personal TVs, and since seats are a bit thinner, there are few inches more of legroom. I know AM tries to assign the newer airplanes to the longer routes; but this time they failed and we were flown in an airplane that is better off doing 2-3 hour runs at most. There was a full meal at the beginning of the 5 hour flight and a snack and bar service by the end. All beverages were complimentary, but the meal service was not that good (microwave omelette with a sausage). I see AM trying (maybe too hard) to become something more like LAN or Delta, and in some aspects they are doing it, yet they still have a long way to go.
RouteYUL to MEX
Date FlownOctober 2016

"do not fly with them"

Verified Review | Santo Domingo to Mexico City. Horrific experience. If you happen to experience a flight without any hiccups, you'll probably be fine. If anything goes wrong, you're screwed. Their kiosk stopped working at my layover so I had to go through customer service which takes hours (yes, just to print a ticket). Missed my flight, spent 48 hours in hell (running in circles to 12 different customer service lines, 1-3 hours in each line) paid $1000 more in fees, trapped in Mexico on my own dime. If you care about your family, do not fly Aeromexico. If you care about yourself, do not fly with them.
RouteSDQ to MEX