Vote Now

Aeromexico

"happy to recommend Aeromexico"

Verified Review | New York JFK to Mexico City. I have been a long time customer of AeroMexico, and overall, I am happy to recommend AeroMexico. All of their planes lean to new or recently renovated, their fares are competitive, and their service is competent. On this trip I was flying JFK-MEX-ACA. The MEX ACA route is an E190, and basically so short (45 minutes) that it is not worth reviewing. Only comment I have there is that I am not a huge fan of gate-bus-gangway flights that Aeromexico opts for for its E190s, as a result of having more planes than Terminal 2 at CdMx can handle. The flight from JFK was great, with only a few hiccups. Checking in at a Premier Clase desk is usually a speedy affair, though this time they could not give me a connecting boarding pass for the Acapulco leg until I got to the gate - they said that check in was not open for that flight - something that has never happened to me on this route before (with identical itinerary). Boarding was easy enough - though I would advise travellers to find and line up in their zone early - there tends to be a rush, and overhead space is always at a premium owing to the seemingly lax enforcement to carry-on rules. It always seems that the "personal" bag is the same size as the carry on. The staff was polite, and the announcements clear (and they did get my connecting boarding pass printed). So now on to the Boeing 787 and Clase Premiere, I love this plane. By far the best I have flown. The configurations differ; this was 1-2-1 pods, with little storage bins, lie flat seats and a movable outer armrest (also with storage). The entertainment screen is big, can be accessed by touch screen or by small tethered controller hidden away. There is ample space, both width and length. The seats are comfortable, and the plane feels spacious. There are three bathrooms for business class, two of which feel spacious (they have windows). The inflight service is courteous, but overall can feel absent at times. They serve a beverage before takeoff (water, juice, champagne), a pre-dinner drink/cheese plate, dinner (basic meat/pasta options, salad, roll & dessert) and that's it. Immigration and custom forms are distributed while you are still at the gate, which I like. Previously it seemed like they never handed them out until the last moment. There is a back galley with self service items for later on in the flight, including an attendant who insists on carrying open liquids (coffee, etc) for you to your seat. There was advertisements for Wifi, and the Wifi light was on during the flight, but was never available, either on the US side of the border or the Mexican side. That was a disappointment. Its a no brainer to opt for this plane over the 737 when your schedule allows. This plane makes one trip a day MEX-JFK in the morning, and JFK-MEX in the afternoon. The rest of the Aeromexico planes on this route are 737-8/9. Good planes, same service, but the 787 is in a different league.
RouteNew York JFK to Mexico City
Date FlownApril 2017

"staff were courteous and informative"

Verified Review | I am a frequent flyer from Canada to Guatemala, but this was my first experience with Aeromexico, fortunately, a good one. Most of the other airlines do not offer what I got on my recent flight, complimentary delicious airplane meals, drinks (alcohol and non-alcoholic) and entertainment. I did not check if there was wi-fi available, I didn't need it. The staff were courteous and informative. Leg room was nice, I did not feel like I was in a sardine can as with other flights. Luggage arrived on time! I have had many issues with other airlines on past flights. It is usual now that most airlines depart delayed, I notice that this flight arrived on time. My experience was great this time. Aeromexico has become our airline of choice for the near future.
RouteToronto to Guatemala City via Mexico City
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"wasn't disappointed with Aeromexico"

Verified Review | Before taking this trip, I read so many horrible reviews of Aeromexico. We flew from Toronto to Guatemala City, with a layover in Mexico City. One thing I will say is that these flights never leave on time. I think every single one of our flights were late. But, we still managed to arrive at our destinations within 10-20 minutes of the original arrival time (sometimes earlier). Though, I think it would be ideal to keep in mind that if you have to make a layover, try and plan for at least a 1-2 hour layover. This will give you some wiggle room with an airline that is notorious for delays and save you the headache and stress. The food was mediocre, but I find most airplane food is. I have flown several times internationally to Asia, and have never liked the food. On our flights it was a croissant sandwich and a snack - standard and nothing wrong with it. I didn't have any negative experiences with the flight attendants on these flights. No one was rude or unhelpful. Seats were as comfortable as I expected them to be. A few of our flight segments were overbooked, which seems to be general practice for most airlines, which is what seemed to lead to the delays we were experiencing. Overall, I wasn't disappointed with Aeromexico.
RouteToronto to Guatemala via Mexico City
Date FlownApril 2017

"flight attendants were not overly friendly"

Verified Review | Flew Aeromexico from Buenos Aires to London via Mexico City. Not Great! Flight attendants were not overly friendly. Food was poor, cold and very little of it. We were able to get our boarding passes for the 2nd leg of our trip, but could not check luggage through. Whether this is just Mexico City, but we had to collect our luggage and go to departures, clear immigration and security again. We were informed then by Aeromexico staff that our bike boxes had to be wrapped when departing Mexico City, totally different packaging requirements to what we had been advised by Aeromexico. This obviously caused some significant delays and resulted in us nearly missing our connecting Aeromexico flight. Staff in Mexico City airport were overall very unhelpful. Even though our flight was a day time flight with only a 3 hour time zone difference, we were forced to fly with the cabin in darkness. Individual window controls where overidden, so all the smart glass windows were completely blacked out, meaning there is no point in window seat, no views and no natural light. Wouldn't use again!
AircraftBoeing 787 Dreamliner
RouteBuenos Aires to London via Mexico City
Date FlownMarch 2017

"let down by the airport processes"

Unverified | Havana to Vancouver via Mexico City. I will say the cabin crew and the flight itself was actually pretty good. My review is regarding the airline's ground crew and counter staff at Benito Juarez International in Mexico City. We were travelling from Havana, Cuba to Vancouver, Canada, transiting through Mexico City. Flyers are unable to do online check-in when flying from Havana. The airline simply does not allow this. So this meant getting to the Havana airport super early for our 6am flight. We were checked in all the way to Vancouver, but were only given the boarding pass to Mexico City. We were told to collect our boarding passes upon landing. The flight from Havana to Mexico City was fine. Landing at Benito Juarez International, upon clearing customs, we were greeted by Aeromexico staff who had pre-printed boarding passes for multiple flights. It was a bit odd because they were standing in the open with literally hundreds of boarding passes piled in front of them, and they were positioned between the exit doors and the bathrooms. They didn't find our boarding passes and we were instructed to go to the kiosks. The boarding passes wouldn't print from the kiosks. We were told this was because we'd already been checked in and the boarding passes had already been issued? So we were then directed to line up for a counter agent. When we reached the counter agent, we were told to go to another line up, for another counter. This counter was specifically for "issues with kiosks printing boarding passes"! There were three counters and two agents working, but only one agent appeared to be working at any given time, as they would periodically disappear. After reaching this final agent, we were able to get our "pre-issued", "pre-printed" boarding passes. This process took nearly 90 minutes from the time we entered the terminal. It's the first time I've experienced something like this but judging from the comments, it's not uncommon. The flights themselves were fine. The attendants were efficient and the food was acceptable. The seats were decent, as was the onboard entertainment system. The flight from Mexico City to Vancouver had USB ports to charge devices while inflight. I really appreciated that. The airline was let down by the airport processes and staff. I could see people easily missing their connections if they got caught up in this runaround.
RouteHavana to Vancouver via Mexico City
Date FlownMarch 2017

"no resolution for another later flight"

Verified Review | Worst experience with Aeromexico! Last night we had a flight to LA from Mexico City. From what they told us, weather did not permit us to enter LA. They dropped us in Tijuana, with no resolution for another later flight to LA, no vouchers for any food, lodging and wouldn't even help us get across the boarder - absolutely nothing. They specifically told us they could not help us because they can't control the weather (which I understand, but keep in mind we had family on the next flight to LA and they went straight to LA, no problem). Aeromexico, won't take care of you in the end.
RouteMexico City to Los Angeles
Date FlownMarch 2017

"food was really mediocre"

(Japan)

Verified Review | Tokyo to Guadalajara via Mexico. I had very low expectations for Aeromexico after reading all the reviews online. The good aspects of the flights I took were: the airplane was new and relatively clean and the service on board the aircraft was very friendly and somewhat attentive. However, the food was really mediocre and absolutely not "luxe", the AVOD was very limited (thankfully I had downloaded videos of my own on my device), the screens for the AVOD was distorted and blurry at times, the remote control for the AVOD never worked except to turn on the lights overhead, and the seats when fully reclined were very confining in the feet area and not long enough for a 185 cm person like myself. When we booked the flight it was the only nonstop between Tokyo and MEX, but now ANA is in the mix and I would rather take them next time. Wifi was available, but a bit slow.
RouteTokyo to Guadalajara via Mexico
Date FlownMarch 2017

"ruined first half of our holidays"

(Denmark)

Verified Review | Amsterdam to Huatulco via Mexico City. We were travelling as a family with 2 adult and 3 teenagers. The best thing about Aeromexico would be the staff service on the planes. The seats were not that comfortable. Our further plane to Huatulco was cancelled without any information. We asked other passengers to get information. At the counter before flying to Huatulco, we stood together in one group, telling we are a family. 3 of us were picked for leaving with the plane and the staff told my wife and daughter to go to the next counter for solving some practical problems. Their boarding were torn apart. After a while my wife and daugther were told they could not go on the airplane?! My daugther started to cry and my wife got very worried because she is not used to travel and many people, new places are very hard to cope for her. Two of my children were sitting on the plane, and I had to fight for getting my minor children off the plane again. I felt lucky to get my teenagers off the plane again. It was very stressful and Aeromexico ruined the first half of our holidays in Mexico. Afterwards we thought we could compensation for a lunch or the cancelled flight. We were sent to wrong counter and left ourselves. This is the worst experience from ground staff we ever have experienced.
RouteAmsterdam to Huatulco via Mexico
Date FlownDecember 2016

"only good thing about this flight was the price"

(Brazil)

Verified Review | All round very disappointing flight with Aeromexico from Mexico to Brazil. Service was indistinguishable from what I would expect in Economy class. Seat was flat but at a steep incline and then as such good for rest but not sleep. Food was woeful although given that it was served at 1am I wasn't really in mood to eat. (not their fault - departure time was nearly midnight). Hated Mexico City airport. Lounge was pretty hopeless except for a couple of helpful waiters who managed to organise some crisps and Coca-Cola. Entertainment was ok, not great. The only good thing about this flight was the price which was barely above premium economy. If I were to judge this flight on the basis of it being premium economy I would be much happier. I will as such give it higher marks than I would have if I had paid a true business class fare.
RouteMEX to GRU
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"customer service is the worst"

Verified Review | A trip that was supposed to be 3.5 hours became 38hrs and the airline never apologized for the delays and cancelled flights. My trip started on time without a problem flying from Houston to Monterrey. My flight was delayed one hour then 3 hours and finally was cancelled. At 5 pm the only flight I was able to get was a flight to Mexico City at 10:30pm with a connection to San Luis Potosí at 6:30 a.m. I thought at least I'll get there in time for Christmas. They gave me a voucher for a hotel room in Mexico City which I slept in it for 2 hours since I had to go back to the airport for my 6am flight which was delayed and re schedule for 11:00 am then cancelled. I had get in line for the second time (the line was taking about 2 hours To get to the front desk) got rescheduled at 2:30. Well it was cancelled again so I had to get in line for the 3rd time another hour finally told the lady to send me with another airline which she did - Aeromar. I went across the hall to check in, surprise the ticket wasn't confirmed so I had to get in line again for the third time. Another hour just to get my ticket transfer confirmed finally my flight was scheduled for 5:30. I arrived in San Luis Potosí two hours later of course I lost my brothers wedding and my car rental reservation. It took me approximately 38hrs from Houston to San Luis. It was supposed to be 3.5 hours trip. I would never use that airline again. I ended up buying a direct return flight with United to Houston for 380 dollars. Aeromexico customer service is the worst.
RouteIAH to SLP