Aeromexico

"good care and treatment "

Review by (Venezuela)

Very good care and treatment during my journey. The information about the flights was good and timely. I look for punctuality when traveling and Aeromexico were good on this trip.
RouteCaracas to Miami
Date FlownAugust 2015

"they have no concern or compassion"

Review by (United States)

We booked our flight for June 2015 from Las Vegas to Cancun. Due to illness, we had to cancel our package vacation deal. We were able to get back all of our hotel money without any problems. However, Aeromexico did the exact opposit. I received an email telling me that I would only get back 50% of our flight cost of $800.00 and will get credit of $400.00 - but the credit had to be used within six months after cancelation. Two months later we decided to book another trip to Mexico via Aeromexico. We called Aeromexico and they informed us that due to penalty fees and other nunsense fees, we would only get back $39.00. We had our hopes in using our credit of $400.00 but now we lost all our money from Aeromexico. They have no concern or compassion.
RouteLas Vegas to Cancun
Date FlownJune 2015

Review by (Canada)

We have recently returned from Mexico to Canada via Aeromexico. We have nothing but praise for this airline. It was necessary for my husband to have a wheelchair on this trip and they provided one at each stop. The wheelchair attendants were attentive, helpful and courteous in both Guadalaraja and Mexico City. The staff on both planes were excellent. The food provided although not gourmet quality certainly was an added bonus.
RouteGuadalaraja to Toronto

Review by (Mexico)

Aeromexico crew should be more attentive to passangers, especially those flying on business class to make sure, at least, drinks are always available. Meal is something you should not expect on Aeromexico domestic fligths.
RouteHermosillo to Mexico City

Review by (Mexico)

It's not the first time I've flown with Aeromexico but this time the overall service was just right. The personnel were kind from the boarding gate all the way until arrival but the most appreciated asset was the plane. It had enough space for the legs was comfortable to relax and have a good sleep while traveling.
AircraftBoeing 787 Dreamliner
RouteMEX to EZE

Review by (Mexico)

Just before showing a movie, other airlines make an announcement: 1) that the movie is starting and 2) that closing the shades over windows would be appreciated by those watching the movie. Aeromexico does not make either announcement, and so the movie begins without notice, and screens are impossible to view because they are drowned in light. Without an announcement, passengers are oblivious to the fact that their open window shades have any effect. I am not suggesting "forcing" anyone to close a shade, but most people would be glad to cooperate if asked to do so politely. Other airlines do this. Why not Aeromexico?
RouteGDL to LAX

Review by (Mexico)

My flight left on time from Tapachula, the personnel at the airport were kind and so were the flight attendants. The plane, although a bit small, was comfortable enough.
AircraftEmbraer E90
RouteTapachula to Cancun

Review by (Mexico)

I recently travelled to London Heathrow from Oaxaca, Mexico and back. The outward leg was utter chaos. My son was scheduled to fly on the Oaxaca - Mexico City section of the journey to connect with a BA flight. I had booked him on the 7 pm flight as offered on Orbitz, to leave with BA at 9.45 pm (more or less). I was told by Aeromexico staff that this was extremely unwise - because of delays on their own airline - and to change his ticket to 3 pm which I duly did, at a cost of about 1000 pesos. We arrived for this flight only to be told it was cancelled and that he had to fly on the 7 pm flight. I had to buy him a ticket on a different airline to be able to get to his BA flight. I then returned to our 7 pm flight with my daughters only to discover I no longer had a seat on the Mexico City to London flight and that we were no longer seated together (I had selected our seats a long time before). I was luckily given a seat and then able to change places with a kindly passenger (the airline staff were no help) to be with my daughters. Why had my seat been taken away? Overselling the flight. At check-in at Mexico City there were a lot of passengers who had a ticket but suddenly no assigned seat and were on standby. Families lost booked vacations because one parent was suddenly not on the flight and the next available opportunity? Try again on Wednesday. People screamed because meetings had been made and would not be reached. It was, in a word, chaos. Once on the plane, we discovered that although it was supposed to be the new plane, the seats were incredibly close together (not so on the return leg) and the journey was uncomfortable to say the least, and I'm not tall. My vegetarian meal somehow transmutated into kosher and I couldn't eat it, as it contained meat. I was offered no alternative. The return flight filled me with dread, but was actually OK. We had an easy-check in and boarding, the plane was a lot more comfortable and my vegetarian meal appeared. The cabin staff on the way back were reminiscent of prison guards, especially a particularly haughty attendant. Two very different experiences - a very unreliable airline.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteOaxaca to London via MEX

Review by (Canada)

I usually enjoy flying Aeromexico, and have had great experiences with them. The problem is that they are hit or miss, and this time is was a great miss. Only one person checking a whole flight in, other counters were open for the rest of Aeromexico red eyes, yet flights to Canada back then had to be checked in by "specially trained people" (whatever that means) - which today consisted of only one lady who looked overwhelmed. There was no online check in for this flight for the same reasons cited above. On other occasions on the same flight, Aeromexico had at least three agents, and Air Canada has 4 agents checking in two canada-bound flights. There was no priority check-in for those traveling in Clase Premier. Once I got my boarding pass, I went to look for a floor manager so that he could bring other agents to assist this poor lady, I do not know if it worked. Security went swiftly, personnel at MEX tend to be very friendly. Terminal 2 is way better than terminal 1 in that it feels more spacious and smells less bad. The Premier lounge was OK. It has a modern decor which might look a bit cold . It was quite crowded given the high number of Aeromexico's late night departures (YUL, CDG, NRT, UIO, JFK, ORD etc). Boarding happened in a very organized way, but upon boarding, I realized that as opposed to my previous experiences on this route, this plane was not the newer ones. The male purser was standing at the entrance greeting everyone as if it was a hassle. Seats were in terrible condition and the plane was not particularly clean. Entertainment system consisted of drop down screens that had a terrible resolution, and earphones worked partially. Even in Clase Premier, legroom was appalling. The purser was a bit unfriendly, but the other flight attendant, who kept coming back and forth from the main cabin was outstanding. Once airborne, we were given snacks, and except from the aforementioned flight attendant who I kept seeing over and over again, the rest of the crew proceeded to get paid for sitting down in the jump-seat. Food was served one hour before the estimated arrival time, and its quality was borderline. We were put on holding pattern for nearly one hour but there was no information about this from the flight crew, maybe they thought that nobody would notice. Deplaning went swiftly, but after crossing the air bridge, the glass doors towards the terminal were locked and we had to wait some time for Aeromexico ground staff to come and open it (I suppose it is best to open it before passengers actually deplane). Overall a pretty mediocre-bad experience, it is a shame to receive the same type of service you would receive on a MEX-CUN flight on the largest North American route of the company, and for it to be delivered with such carelessness. Consistency is key in customer service, and it hurts me to see how Aeromexico proudly parades this flaw both in terms of hard and soft products. I would only recommend this airline due to my previous good experiences, but be warned that things might go wrong.
RouteMEX to YUL
Date FlownJanuary 2015

Aeromexico customer review

Review by (United States)

I flew with Aeromexico in July, and went to Guadalajara with a layover in Mexico City. I have to say that Aeromexico has some good service. The plane that I was on was new, and the ride was comfortable. The food is what you would expect - airline food. However the entertainment is very nice, and the flight attendant service was also very good. Both flights took off and landed on time. I would recommend this airline.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure