Vote Airport

Aeromexico

"great service from crew"

(Mexico)

Mexico City to Shanghai and great service from crew onboard and at the counter. The pilot greets passengers when boarding. On the flight to Shanghai they make the announcements in Spanish, English and Chinese. They even put chopsticks with the meals. The meals were very well presented. The timings are outstanding as well. Good selection of movies.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteMEX to PVG
Date FlownDecember 2015

"worst customer service "

Juarez to Guatemala. Be careful when choosing Aeromexico! Flight was cancelled twice due to weather and when I called to reschedule my flight I was told the next available was in 2 days. I scheduled this flight and called back 10 min later to see if I could catch a flight from the US to my connection but was told it would cost twice as much as the total of my trip, even though online I could verify it was cheaper and was offered a flight the next day which I would have to pay a "difference in cost" - which would also cost me more than the total of my current trip. I asked why I was not offered this flight when I had initially called and I was given the run around. If I cancelled my trip I would not get any money back and would only get a credit. I had also upgraded to premier class over the phone with one of their agents and was told I would be charged a total of $125 but my card was charged $215. When I complained to customer relations they denied it, stating they only show a charge of $125 and I would have to send in my bank statement. I sent in my bank statement and have not heard a word from them in almost 2 months. Tried calling to see if I could get in touch with someone regarding this issue but apparently the only way to contact customer relations is via email. Worst customer service ever!
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteCJS to GUA
Date FlownDecember 2015

"never fly Aeromexico again"

Even though our experience was good from Vancouver to México City (red eye, so not much to review really), the Aeromexico flight home was one of our worst ever. We arrived to the indicated section at the airport (national area) and there was mayhem. A total chaos. We had business class tickets but there was no designated line. Trying to get the attention was impossible and, after many extremely rude directives to go back in line, finally one man told us that travelers to Canada (and Canada only) were to go to the international area. With all our luggage we went just to find another single line for all. When we asked about the business class line, we were told (very rude again) that was the only line and that we had to get in line, regardless of what ticket we got. After a good amount of time, we were booked by a rude lady who was more interested in our luggage weight than giving service. We were told that this only happens with flights to Canada because we don't have a reciprocal visa system. We went to the lounge which is old, and in need of repair. Seats are broken, food is bad although the drinks were ok - the worst lounge we ever visited. The boarding was chaotic and the service onboard minimal, no courtesy and once dinner was served, the flight attendants disappeared. Our luggage, tagged "priority" was not in the first batch and our fragile tagged box came with the luggage and not sent to the proper area as it should happened. Even though this is a direct flight, we rather do a stop just to get the service we paid for. Never fly Aeromexico again!
RouteMEX to YVR

"excelente servicio abordo"

(Mexico)

México a León con Aeroméxico. Vuelo con salida y llegada puntual. Excelente servicio Abordo. Vuelo sin contratiempo. Entrega de equipaje rápida. Manejo adecuado del equipaje. El unico detalle es que se asigno a una sala multiple, de la cual se abordo un autobus y el avion estaba bastante alejado. Esto nos explicaron se debia a la saturación del aeropuerto por ser horario nocturno.
RouteMEX to LAP
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"not happy choosing Aeromexico"

(Mexico)

Every time, the benefits provided to gold members are less and less. I'm not happy choosing Aeromexico as my preferred airline. I'm currently waiting for my flight back to Mexico from Las Vegas and it's just the same - the previous flight departed 3 hours earlier, and I was already at the airport and they did nothing to support me traveling earlier, except if I paid a penalty for moving my flight. I also had to pay for an extra piece of luggage when 2 years ago gold members were granted 2 pieces - worse and worse. I gave feedback to the manager and she was smiling all the time. Smiles are less valuable than positive answers - honestly.
RouteLAS to MEX

"considerably cheaper"

Aeromexico from Miami to Caracas via Mexico City, and an older Boeing 737-700 aircraft for both legs and their age was showing in the cabin interior. The service was reasonably good, the food was nothing exceptional. Inflight entertainment was drop down screens. Overall not a bad experience and they were considerably cheaper in looking to get to Caracas where other carriers charge considerably more for a direct flight.
RouteMIA to CCS via MEX

"Captain said no word"

Torreón to Mexico City, and the Captain said no word during the flight. Flight was delayed two hours because of traffic at Mexico airport. To my knowledge every day same airplanes land and take off, what traffic? After landing in Mexico, the plane was parked in front of the terminal (T2) for 35 minutes waiting for a gate! After that time the plane finally moved but it facing away from terminal, no airbridge to gate and a bus came for us. Ironically I saw at least three gates available at T2. Who knows what happened - no words from the captain. Finally, bags did not came out of the plane according to Sky Priority level, they do whatever they want and throw them in the order they want - where is the benefit? I know part of those issues is Mexico City airport's fault, but come on Aeromexico, you own that airport - especially T2 and you do nothing?
AircraftERJ190
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteTRC to MEX
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"boarding in Mexico City awful"

(Mexico)

Mexico City to Houston with Aeromexico. Departing to Houston, the boarding in Mexico City airport was awful. There was a single waiting gate for 5 flights. Once we waited, for more than an hour, they then sent us to the plane via bus. The flight was delayed for more than an hour and we had to board the plane by climbing some stairs. Coming back to México, in the airport it was the same thing with delays, to claim our luggage. The plane was a little bit dirty, and the cabin air conditioning, was not working well.
RouteMEX to IAH
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"flight itself was enjoyable"

Dallas Ft Worth to Mexico City with Aeromexico. The flight itself was enjoyable. Good service and on time. However, arriving at Mexico City we had to deboard to a shuttle and be carried to the gate. On the return flight from Mexico City to DFW in the Mexico City terminal, it was complete chaos at the gate we were sent to. There were several flights leaving from the same gate number. It took us a few minutes to realize that this indeed was our gate and that we needed to get in line. Then we were sent downstairs to wait in another waiting room. Several flights from several airlines were called. The loudspeakers were not used to announce every flight, so many people were confused and did not hear their flight announced. We were very late leaving, probably at least 30-45 minutes. Some people who did not speak Spanish were completely lost as to what they needed to do. This is the second time we have flown to Mexico City and had the problem of not being able to board from the terminal directly to the plane, or having to deboard to the shuttle and then be taken to the terminal. Very inconvenient, especially if one is making connecting flights.
RouteDFW to MEX
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"would not recommend to use"

(Mexico)

Monterrey to Merida via Mexico City, and awful Aeromexico ground service and punctuality. Out of my last 4 flights, 3 were late. Ground staff do not have a good service attitude. The only good thing is the flight crew service. They have improved and are more polite and focused on helping you with your problems. I would not recommend to use Aeromexico unless there is no other option.
RouteMTY to MID via MEX