Aeromexico

"Cabin service impeccable"

Verified Review | New York to Sao Paulo via Mexico City. It was a great service overall. Cabin service impeccable. Flight attendants very attentive and friendly. Food and wine outstanding.
AircraftBoeing 737-800 / 777
RouteNew York to Sao Paulo via Mexico City
Date FlownJune 2017

"was the worst experience"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Bogota via Mexico City. It was the worst experience I had with any airline. The customer service is the worst. Due to their bad service and lack of interest to help anyone, I missed 3 flights; my total travel time was 33 hours instead of 16 hours originally planned. This occurred during my flight from Los Angeles to Mexico City and Bogota. This airline, never offered any help to accommodate me with a hotel during the delays. I really needed to sleep. And I wasn’t able to sleep at all during this ordeal. Not even food vouchers were given. I arrived ill due to the lack of sleep. This is something the consumer must be aware before choose an airline. The savings are absolutely not worth the painful experience.
RouteLos Angeles to Bogota via Mexico City
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"such horrible customer service"

Verified Review | Lima to San Francisco via Mexico City. I've traveled on many airlines and have never experienced such horrible customer service. The airplanes are old and decrepit .I had to use the restroom on a flight from Mexico City to San Francisco, it was an emergency. It was during the time they were serving drinks. Mind you, this has never been a problem on any other airline. They simply ask me to move into one of the isles- they push their cart and I can easily go by. This time, the rep told me to use first class. I was okay with this but the way he ordered it was obnoxious. I rushed all the way back (they were very close to the end of the plane). As soon as I walked into first class the most pretentious women I have encountered stopped me, and told me to go back and use the restroom reserved for my class! I told her the other airline attendant had told me it was okay to use this bathroom. She literally backed me up into my area and shouted at the other airline attendant that no one was allowed to use those prestigous golden bathrooms. The original flight attendant finally made the room he could have made from the beginning and I was allowed to use the restroom. I have never been more upset on a flight. They had the cheapest prices and they are the worst.
RouteLima to San Francisco via Mexico City

"Decent flight, on time"

(Portugal)

Verified Review | Mexico City to Miami. Decent flight, on time, good service on Business not the best but honest. They treat you by your name etc. Food is poor, better eat at the lounge will be better. The breakfast they serve in Business is equal to an economy class Breakfast in Lufthansa or Air France. A little disappointed to be honest. Multimedia is great and offer a huge selection of movies and a very good screen. Seats are ok the normal standard seat for Aeromexico in short - medium flights. Space for the bags even if the business class is full.
RouteMexico City to Miami
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"staff were very accommodating"

(Mexico)

Verified Review | Las Vegas to Mexico City. I bought a ticket with prepaid luggage. When I was making web check in the system tried to make me pay again. So we had to make it at the airport. Travelling with senior citizens and staff were very accomodating. FA were nice. The flight included a lunch service. Flight arrive on time.
RouteLas Vegas to Mexico City

"the airline from hell"

Verified Review | Cancun to Los Angeles via Mexico City. This was the airline from hell. My flight from LAX to Cancun was canceled less than 24 hours before taking off because they were "no longer operating" and I couldn't get on another flight for another 6 hours from the original after being denied many times, a supervisor agreed to book another airline. When I landed in Mexico City for my connection the supervisor said it wasn't her problem and I needed to book another flight so I paid an extra $200 to get to Cancun to make the wedding I was going to. On the way back I had booked with The same airline again unfortunately & when I arrive to the airport they tell me my flight is overbooked! How is that possible when I paid for it? They put me on standby and tell me there's nothing they can do but give me food vouchers or airline vouchers. So she tells me instead of my 11am flight I can leave at 1:20 instead but my connecting flight in Mexico City won't leave till 720pm! So I ended up spending entire days in airports because of their stupid excuses and they gave me a "MasterCard" I can't even activate LOL because I have to call an international number & when I called the airline they told me I need to email customer relations - I thought I called customer relations! This is by far the worst airline and customer service I've ever encountered!
RouteCancun to Los Angeles via Mexico City
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"I am a very dissatisfied customer"

(China)

Verified Review | My husband and I were flying from Mexico City to Shanghai. The plane from Shanghai to Mexico City was extremely uncomfortable in economy class (by the way, do not pay for the emergency seats, they are the worst seats,) so we decided to upgrade to Premium economy to better our seats (around $6,000 pesos more). When we checked in at the airport, we were charged $1,800 Mexican pesos extras for 3 extra kilos as apparently Premium economy means nothing. You won't get any sort of benefits whatsoever, so if you are reading this, just be aware about the luggage requirements and avoid checking in your carry on. You will not find any sort of helpful staff neither at the airport nor via phone to help you understand, clarify, or reinburse any money regarding this issue. We bought the tickets thinking they were a good deal, at the end, we ended up paying way more than if we had bought a more expensive tickets through a different airline. I do not recommend this airline at all. I am a very dissatisfied customer and we will certainly not fly again through Aeromexico.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteMexico to Shanghai via Tijuana
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"nothing but rude to us"

Verified Review | Cancun to Vancouver via Mexico City. Boarded our flight from Cancun to Mexico city with no issue. Boarding our Vancouver bound flight, and this is where it all went to hell. As usual with Aeromexico, boarding started late. Flight was delayed by about 20 minutes because of it. However, when refuelling the plane, they miscalculated and had to start all over, delaying the flight even longer. After they finished we got the whole safety video and pre take off information, but we hadn't left the gate yet. Look outside, it's pouring, thunder, lighting, hail. It didn't look good. After about 40 minutes of no information, I got sick and tired of it, so I confronted the cabin crew to make some announcements, which they did eventually, in Spanish. Remember, this was a Vancouver bound flight, most people spoke English. After about three hours of little information, little water and no food, they cancelled the flight and deplanned due to bad weather and a fuel related issue. We all thought, well great, at least we will get a hotel. Just getting our exit tickets took about an hour because there were only two gate attendents trying to help over 200 angry passengers. To make matters worse, they said they wouldn't rebook us and we'd have to figure it out ourselves. They gave us a local number to call, only problem, we didn't have local cell phones. Sick and tired of the gate attendents only speaking Spanish, we went to the check in counters to try and rebook, only to find a giant queue of confused passengers. Turns out, the airport cancelled all their flights that night. So we stood in the line and about an hour and a half later, we got our new tickets for a flight in 2 days. To make matters worse we still had to collect our check in bags and find a hotel. 3hrs later, we got our bags and went to Aeromexico to find a hotel, only to learn that they will not be compensating is because the delay was weather related. Mind you, the captain told us the delay and cancellation was due to the fuel misshap. No matter what we said to their "customer service representative" they wouldn't budge. We were forced to spend two days in the airport with our bags and fellow passengers who also got screwed by Aeromexico because by the time we finished this while rebooking thing, all the hotels were sold out by other airlines. Every staff member we witnessed was nothing but rude to us. Also, the vast majority don't speak a word of english. Being an international airline, I would think speaking English would be important. I highly recommend not choosing this airline unless you want to be stranded in Mexico city with no fresh clothes, beds and food for two days.
RouteCancun to Vancouver via Mexico City

"horrible customer service"

Verified Review | Vancouver to Nicaragua via Mexico City. I've flown many different airlines and never experienced one as bad as Aeroméxico! Constant misinformation, horrible customer service and surprise fees! I Will never fly with Aeroméxico again. I was charged $188 each way to carry my surfboard! The max I have ever paid on any airline previously being $50.
RouteVancouver to Nicaragua via Mexico City

"horrible, unprofessional, incompetent"

Verified Review | Mexico City to New York JFK. I was shocked by the horrible, unprofessional, incompetent way that I was treated by Aeromexico during my recent flight. Their deception, misinformation and incompetence cost me 8,612 extra pesos! I should not have been treated this way. I arrived at the Mexico City airport in the early morning, hours before my flight. I checked in at Aeromexico's check-in desk. The clerk checked my printed ticket and my U.S. passport and confirmed them. I asked if there was anything else, and she said no, that I was good to go. She checked in my suitcase and gave me the receipt for my checked-in bag. Then I went to my gate and waited several hours until boarding. When boarding began, I stood in line and eventually reached the front of the line, expecting to be checked in and board the plane. The Aeromexico employee at the gate asked me for the stub from my Mexican immigration papers, which I signed upon entering the country. The Aeromexico clerk at the baggage check-in had said nothing about this stub when I asked if there was "anything else" I needed. When she indicated that there wasn't, I placed the stub into my suitcase, which she then checked in. The clerk at the gate told me not to worry, that all I'd need to do is go to the Immigration desk and sign another immigration stub. She told me to sign it, then come back to the gate — that I could then board at the gate with no problem. That turned out to be a lie — or at least, radical misinformation. At her direction, I ran to the Immigration desk, signed a second immigration stub, and paid a 500 peso penalty, then sprinted back to the gate, returning just minutes after I had left. Suddenly the clerk at the gate had completely changed her tune. "Sorry," she said, "plane's leaving. You can't board." I reminded her that she told me to go get the second immigration stub, return to the gate, and that I'd have no problem boarding the plane. The clerk brushed off my concern like it was of no importance and returned to chatting with a fellow employee. Upset, I went to the Aeromexico customer service desk. The clerk there told me not to worry, that this was no problem at all. "There's a 9:05 am.flight to JFK," she said. "Just go to the Aeromexico desk at L2 or L3, ask for the manager and have her switch you to that flight. It will be no charge." But this turned out to be a lie too. I should have known something was up because the clerk refused to tell me her name. When I sighed, she told me again: Just go to L2 or L3, talk to the manager, and get the free reassignment. "It's just a little bit of paperwork," she said. So I went to L2 and waited in line for 45 minutes to see the manager. When I got to the front desk, the clerk there said that if I wanted to get on the next flight, there would be a penalty - a 8,112 pesos. That's $453.65. "It's Aeromexico procedure," they said. In the end, I spoke with 8 Aeromexico employees, but none helped, including the customer service help line. They told me they had no power to process customer service matters.
RouteMexico City to New York JFK