Aeromexico

"convey a could-care-less attitude"

Trip Verified | Guadalajara to Sacramento. This is our 2nd time flying Aeromexico. Last year was a complete disaster with the flight that was supposed to leave SMF 2315 and land in GDL 0515, instead leaving SMF st 0530! The entire nite we were given zero info/updates and only once offered a drink. The shops were closed, and my husband, is a diabetic controlled by diet so needs to est every 2 hours when awake. No employee would help us. Our return trip last year was 3 hours late. I am usually a glass half full type of person, so when this years annual trip to visit family was being planned I decided to give Aeromexico another chance. The dates/times/prices were the most convenient so we decided to give it another try. We never entered a complaint last year. This year our trip to GDL was uneventful. But the return trip we encountered the ticket agent from hell. We were never notified that the weight per luggage piece had been changed, and the carry on that should have been free, was 2 kilos overweight. Under then new guidelines, our 2 large luggage pieces were a combined 10 kilos underweight. We usually pay $25 each for the large luggage. At the GDL terminal u go thru the first line, then are given a piece of paper, have to go to a 2nd area, wait in line to pay for ur luggage, then return to the first line provide ur receipt and get ur ticket, not very convenient or fast) nothing was said by the ticket agent about overweight luggage, but when I went to pay I found I was going to be charged $114 for the carry on, which was 2 kilos over by the new guidelines. I pointed out that our total was still 8 kilos under, and that we were never notified of revised guidelines to no avail. I refused to pay, saying I would rather move 2 kilos to another suitcase. I was told to return to original ticket person and that he would return our luggage so we could make the changes. When i returned and told him what I wished to do, he put all 3 pieces of luggage on the conveyor where it automatically rolled to the back, gave us a paper with UPC codes, and told us we could get our luggage back "down the hall". I asked him numerous times where down the hall and he refused to say more. We looked "down the hall" to no avail, and no other Aeromexico employee were helpful. We finally asked a Volaris employee who walked us to an area that we would never have found. It took almost an hour to get the luggage returned. We adjusted the weight, and then had to wait in the LONG ticket line starting the entire process all over. It's a good thing we always arrive early for our flights! When we got to ticket counter again, the carry on was .03 over. The ticket agent was prepared to start the whole have to pay for this deal again. I pointed out that the total was still 8 kilos under and her response was "and what does that have to do with anything? " I quickly removed 1 pair of socks which put it at 9.90 kilos, under the magic 10 kilos. We have continually encountered employees for Aeromexico that are rude, unhelpful, and basically convey a could-care-less attitude. The only time Aeromexico seems to shine is when you are actually on the plane. The stewards are great. Excluding a very rough landing at SMF (bounced several times before finally staying down) the in air experience is great! Unfortunately that does not compensate enough for the issues you deal with while on the ground. Obviously last year was not a flux, we will not fly Aeromexico again!!!
RouteGuadalajara to Sacramento
Date FlownMay 2018

"my seat was in standby"

Trip Verified | I arrived to terminal 2 in Mexico City, 3 hours before my departure, and when I checked in, the person told me that my seat was in standby. She try to be kind, but it is the first something like this happens to me. I went to 3 customer service inside the terminal, and they said that the captain had to decide between passengers or fuel, because the external temperature was too hot. All of them told me that captain decides, and there are 20 passengers in Stand By. A day before happened the same, and searching this issue, it is not the first time this happens with airline. I understand safety reasons. but 20 passengers in Stand By list, in every flight, let us in a really bad position. It is not nice to depend of luck to know if we are going to fly or not.
RouteMexico City to Seattle-Tacoma
Date FlownMay 2018

"don't really care about customers"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | I flew from Montreal to Zacatecas via Mexico City with three baggages. When I was on the plane, I was informed that one of them was refused because one of the items could not go on the plane. However, they told me I could ask for a reimbursement (I paid 240 USD for the three of them). I went through all the process and now they said they can't reimburse because it was not their fault, however the service I paid for was not provided, so they just took my money. Also, my two baggage arrived in a bad condition and several of my personal belongings were broken and we are talking about a one-connection flight only! I found their customer service is the worst, they really do not care about customers and personnel on the ground is often rude, but they take advantage because they are the biggest airline in Mexico, so they don't really care about customers. They do have good routes but with a lack of a good customer service the outcome is still not good.
RouteMontreal to Zacatecas via Mexico
Date FlownMay 2018

"the worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Mexico City to Montreal. Aeromexico has the worst customer service I have ever encountered. Because of their negligence, I missed my return flight and then they insisted I pay for a new flight. It was my first trip to Mexico, and at no point was I told I would need the immigration paper they gave me on arrival to leave the country. They did not ask if I had it when I checked in, or at any point until I was boarding the plane. The immigration paper was in my checked bag, which they had enough time to remove, and make me buy a new ticket, but not to let me get another immigration paper. I asked the Aeromexico manager how many times a day this happens to people; she said oh MANY. Then isn’t this a problem, I said, couldn’t Aeromexico check for this paper when the other documents are checked, at check in? She rudely said this was not their problem. In fact, Aeromexico makes a lot of money off this- if as she says many people a day encounter this and they do nothing to fix the issue.
RouteMexico City to Montreal
Date FlownApril 2018

"learn our flight has left"

Trip Verified | Mexico City to Boston. Went on a girls trip the last week of April to Cabo flying into Mexico City via AeroMexico. Getting there no problem we all arrived all of our baggage arrived. However our leave date we are sitting waiting to board our flight the is to board and leave at 3:10pm. Another girlfriend and I are told we need to go to immigration to get the card we were given when we arrived ok no problem we have time before our flight leaves, however how about its told to every one flying into the Country that that slip is needed to get out, and how about the cost if it needs replacing? Give me a break there are all these procedures to get in and out of places I bet its not hard to verify who we are and where we are going or coming from. With that said we return to our gate at 3:00pm to learn our flight has left, its not supposed to leave until 3:10pm we learn we were not paged at all nor were any finally boarding calls made for this flight the customer service after this was absolutely horrendous! You are an international airport not one of your employees cared to apologize that our flight was gone nor did anyone care to speak English to help us everyone was pointing us in every other way, we were told there would be no flights until the next day. We then go to the AeroMexico counter where we encounter another rude employee who tells us there is nothing he can do but we can check with Delta so we go over to delta and he says all i can tell you is we have another flight but you need to get AeroMexico to change yours, so we go back to AreoMexico to try and explain what Delta has said, him not understanding. So we go back over to Delta and explain what AeroMexico says and that he will not go over and talk to him so Delta gets up and goes over to AeroMexico returns to us to say we now have 10 minutes to go to international baggage claim and get back to get this flight because our bags were removed from the flight. So we do not get back within 20 mins trying to get back to the correct place to book a new flight was shit because not one of your employees knew or understood English, we finally get to where we need to be and again we are told there are no flights. Then we are told its going to cost us a pretty penny to book a new flight home. So now we are in the process of trying to get reimbursed which is again hell.
RouteMexico City to Boston
Date FlownApril 2018

"one of the weakest Sky Team members"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | London to Mexico. As mentioned before the general customer service is lacking. I booked an AM Plus seat which is advertised with priority checking, priority boarding and priority checking. Of these three only priority checking is done (you can use the skypriority lane). Besides that the AM Plus extra leg space isn't really worth the money and seats are still cramped. Friendliness of both ground and cabin personal could be better (excluding a few exceptions). They focus in their messaging on their new planes and technology whereas they really should increase their overall customer experience. (including their terrible website). The food quality from LHR to MEX was just terrible, the pasta was just bland pasta with some cream. Absolutely inedible. Definately one of the weakest Sky Team members. Value for money was okay as I managed to purchase a cheap ticket.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteLondon to Mexico
Date FlownApril 2018

"resent being relegated to standby"

Trip Verified | I flew out from Heathrow to Mexico City on 29 March 2018, and later I flew from Mexico City to Havana on 11 April, returning on 14 April, before returning to London later that evening. Flight from London was good (although we had upgraded to AM plus). Flights to and from Cuba were both fine too. I had read that the planes were old on that route, but everything seemed ok to me. My beef is with the return trip from Mexico City to London. I checked in very early that evening (it was impossible to check in online from Cuba as the website said I had to go to the airport in Mexico City), yet was told that I was on standby. I booked the flights in 2017, and Aeromexico should have realised that I was travelling with them from Cuba to Mexico City, getting the first available London flight. The rise of budget carriers such as Easyjet has made booking and flight processing more easy. Overbooking is an air industry scandal, and yet Aeromexico staff in Mexico City confirmed that is what they had done. I resent being relegated to standby when I had booked well in advance, and had even upgraded some seats. I was not informed I had a seat until just before an hour before take off. Aeromexico staff on the ground had to deal with young families, single women and groups of women who had all been demoted to standby, like me. The staff said it was company policy to overbook. I find that this is where Aeromexico lets itself down. The stress involved in having to consider getting cash, replanning all transport back in the UK and contacting those who needed to know is an unnecessary one. Aeromexico should reimburse money to all affected passengers. Never again.
RouteMexico City to London Heathrow
Date FlownApril 2018

"not a professional customer service"

Trip Verified | We had a flight from Amsterdam to Panama which was delayed about 4 hrs because the airport in Mexico was closed. After, when we were changing flights to Panama, they lost our luggage and we had to wait one day to get them back. Even when they told us what time we could expect the delivery, they were about 1.5 hours late. I've been trying to contact Aeromexico to complain about luggage and nobody has answered since December. Its not a professional customer service. Every time I write an email to the main reception, they send me back to other departments.
RouteAmsterdam to Panama via Mexico
Date FlownNovember 2017

"a disgrace to the Skyteam group"

Trip Verified | Flight from Amsterdam to Mexico was OK, the seat was comfortable enough and sitting in 6J with an infant on the first row of economy class right behind I was lucky enough to have a quiet flight. Service was attentive and the food, while lacking in presentation, was edible. The trouble started upon arrival in Mexico City at 3am, where I was to connect to a flight on the same business class ticket, but operated by Avianca. I’d chosen this connection for its shorter layover time. The transfer desk in the arrivals hall at MEX was unmanned, so I proceeded on my own to the departure hall’s Aeromexico check-in area where I was told to switch terminals to check-in with Avianca. Since the monorail was not operating at that hour I was supposed to take a taxi. Once at the Avianca check-in counter it became clear that I was booked in economy to Bogota. Nowhere during booking was this evident (I even retraced my booking steps on the same connection at a later date to verify any mention of travel in economy). It seemed that the AV was already overbooked (i.e. known to Aeromexico) at the time of booking. Aside from the economy experience on a business class ticket, the less than smooth connection at MEX, Aeromexico took 6 weeks to respond to my complaint. Their Twitter account ignored me completely and when I received an e-mail response, let’s just say that, for the result, in the end I might as well not have complained at all. On the return flight, no connection issues, however the food both out of BOG and MEX was subpar and the service was distracted and messy especially on the long haul stretch. Comming into AMS I had to ask for coffee creamer twice (coffee was poured and no milk or creamer was at hand on the trolley) and I had to grasp it from the purser’s fingers as she dangled it over me when she came back from the galley talking to someone else. I left the omelet untouched, because I couldn’t identify its filling and it tasted of nothing. Aeromexico is a disgrace to the Skyteam group.
RouteAmsterdam to Bogota via Mexico City
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"Both flights were fantastic"

Trip Verified | London to Mexico City return. Excellent flight, marvelous staff and great value for money. Both flights were fantastic: on time, easy check-in and check-out, the staff was helpful and friendly, comfortable seats, clean plane overall. I was pleasently surprised by the food quality. I ordered a vegetarian meal and got 2 delicious meals that consisted of a fruit plate, salad with dressing, bread and a main curse that changed: curry rice with broccoli, roasted vegetables with a promodoro sauce, vegetable stir fry and chilaquiles with beans.
RouteMexico City to London