Aeromexico

"recommend the company"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Mexico City to Amsterdam. Bought flights was in time, and landed before schedule. Service on airport was good, important you save the immigration ticket you receive on arrival, you need to give this when you board the airplane on return. Absolutely everything have been smooth, and its important to keep eye on monitors. Terminal 2 is small, so in case of gate change you dont need more than 5 minute from end to other end. Gate shows normally 1 hour before boarding time, so you have plenty of time. Crew gave a super service, with great food and alcohol, and I can recommend the company.
RouteMexico City to Amsterdam
Date FlownJune 2018

"sat in the airport for 8 hours"

Not Verified | Mexico City to Houston. The connecting flight from Mexico City, Aeromexico/Delta gave me & my fiancé a really bad experience. They did not assign gate numbers for their flights initially and when we asked staff around us for our gate number they kept giving us the incorrect one causing us to miss our first flight at 3 and had to have it changed to 8. So we sat in the airport for 12 hours because of misinformed staff. We spoke to a manager for Aeromexico who was very rude and snappy and kept telling us that we should have been at the right gate even when we explained to her that the rep gave us the wrong gate number. She didn’t care what we had to say and just told us that it would be $400 to change flights. Something told us to speak to another Supervisor and their happened to be a man who politely listened to us and understood that we did not intentionally miss our flight because of the misunderstandings and as a courtesy he had our flight changed. Downside was that the next flight was not until 8pm so we sat in the airport for 8 hours. Will not be flying through this company again.
RouteMexico City to Houston

"cancelled my reservation"

Trip Verified | San Luis to Tijuana via Mexico City. Aeromexico cancelled my reservation without any phone call, email, or text message. When I asked why or how this could have happened they had no explanation other than I should go to an airport and show my ID and card. Which I did, immediately but did not do any good. I had to re-buy the tickets but this time for $300 more than when I made the purchase 12 hours earlier. They have no live customer service that deals with billing issue, they have only an email team that didnt see anything wrong with what they did. I wonder how many other people they cancel on just to re-sell at a higher price.
RouteSan Luis to Tijuana via Mexico City
Date FlownMay 2018

"show them my identification"

Trip Verified | Bogota to Seattle via Mexico City. I purchased a ticket for my brother so he could come to the USA. I used my credit card to purchase the ticket. The next day I received an email from AeroMexico saying that I had to drive 2 hours to the airport to show them my identification. I contacted my credit card and was informed that they had approved the transaction. Turns out AeroMexico has a third party system that randomly flags charges and denies them and there is no way to override it. This is obviously a company from a developing country as this would never happen in a US company.
RouteBogota to Seattle via Mexico City
Date FlownJune 2018

"late 15 mins for check-in"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Havana via Mexico city. I was late 15 mins for check-in and there was at least 40 min. for me to go for boarding and people in the office said I was too late and didn't want to help. When i called customer service they said they need to charge no show up fee, Fare difference and another penalty so the total was like 600 CAD for the next flight. But new flight ticket was almost the same price. All I asked was at least the cancellation of no show up fee or the refund but they said it is non refundable. I asked if i could use the return but again I was told no. So they made me pay the whole ticket price.
RouteVancouver to Havana via Mexico city

"Aeromexico is a mess"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Mexico City to Toronto. Aeromexico is a mess. Oversold flights, departure delays. They charge even if is their error. Hidden cost and a total lack of care of their customers. I’m a Sky Priority at Aeromexico, I cant choose any other airline to fly inside Mexico. So i know really well that Aeromexico is a dishonest airline.
RouteMexico City to Toronto
Date FlownMay 2018

"convey a could-care-less attitude"

Trip Verified | Guadalajara to Sacramento. This is our 2nd time flying Aeromexico. Last year was a complete disaster with the flight that was supposed to leave SMF 2315 and land in GDL 0515, instead leaving SMF st 0530! The entire nite we were given zero info/updates and only once offered a drink. The shops were closed, and my husband, is a diabetic controlled by diet so needs to est every 2 hours when awake. No employee would help us. Our return trip last year was 3 hours late. I am usually a glass half full type of person, so when this years annual trip to visit family was being planned I decided to give Aeromexico another chance. The dates/times/prices were the most convenient so we decided to give it another try. We never entered a complaint last year. This year our trip to GDL was uneventful. But the return trip we encountered the ticket agent from hell. We were never notified that the weight per luggage piece had been changed, and the carry on that should have been free, was 2 kilos overweight. Under then new guidelines, our 2 large luggage pieces were a combined 10 kilos underweight. We usually pay $25 each for the large luggage. At the GDL terminal u go thru the first line, then are given a piece of paper, have to go to a 2nd area, wait in line to pay for ur luggage, then return to the first line provide ur receipt and get ur ticket, not very convenient or fast) nothing was said by the ticket agent about overweight luggage, but when I went to pay I found I was going to be charged $114 for the carry on, which was 2 kilos over by the new guidelines. I pointed out that our total was still 8 kilos under, and that we were never notified of revised guidelines to no avail. I refused to pay, saying I would rather move 2 kilos to another suitcase. I was told to return to original ticket person and that he would return our luggage so we could make the changes. When i returned and told him what I wished to do, he put all 3 pieces of luggage on the conveyor where it automatically rolled to the back, gave us a paper with UPC codes, and told us we could get our luggage back "down the hall". I asked him numerous times where down the hall and he refused to say more. We looked "down the hall" to no avail, and no other Aeromexico employee were helpful. We finally asked a Volaris employee who walked us to an area that we would never have found. It took almost an hour to get the luggage returned. We adjusted the weight, and then had to wait in the LONG ticket line starting the entire process all over. It's a good thing we always arrive early for our flights! When we got to ticket counter again, the carry on was .03 over. The ticket agent was prepared to start the whole have to pay for this deal again. I pointed out that the total was still 8 kilos under and her response was "and what does that have to do with anything? " I quickly removed 1 pair of socks which put it at 9.90 kilos, under the magic 10 kilos. We have continually encountered employees for Aeromexico that are rude, unhelpful, and basically convey a could-care-less attitude. The only time Aeromexico seems to shine is when you are actually on the plane. The stewards are great. Excluding a very rough landing at SMF (bounced several times before finally staying down) the in air experience is great! Unfortunately that does not compensate enough for the issues you deal with while on the ground. Obviously last year was not a flux, we will not fly Aeromexico again!!!
RouteGuadalajara to Sacramento
Date FlownMay 2018

"my seat was in standby"

Trip Verified | I arrived to terminal 2 in Mexico City, 3 hours before my departure, and when I checked in, the person told me that my seat was in standby. She try to be kind, but it is the first something like this happens to me. I went to 3 customer service inside the terminal, and they said that the captain had to decide between passengers or fuel, because the external temperature was too hot. All of them told me that captain decides, and there are 20 passengers in Stand By. A day before happened the same, and searching this issue, it is not the first time this happens with airline. I understand safety reasons. but 20 passengers in Stand By list, in every flight, let us in a really bad position. It is not nice to depend of luck to know if we are going to fly or not.
RouteMexico City to Seattle-Tacoma
Date FlownMay 2018

"don't really care about customers"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | I flew from Montreal to Zacatecas via Mexico City with three baggages. When I was on the plane, I was informed that one of them was refused because one of the items could not go on the plane. However, they told me I could ask for a reimbursement (I paid 240 USD for the three of them). I went through all the process and now they said they can't reimburse because it was not their fault, however the service I paid for was not provided, so they just took my money. Also, my two baggage arrived in a bad condition and several of my personal belongings were broken and we are talking about a one-connection flight only! I found their customer service is the worst, they really do not care about customers and personnel on the ground is often rude, but they take advantage because they are the biggest airline in Mexico, so they don't really care about customers. They do have good routes but with a lack of a good customer service the outcome is still not good.
RouteMontreal to Zacatecas via Mexico
Date FlownMay 2018

"the worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Mexico City to Montreal. Aeromexico has the worst customer service I have ever encountered. Because of their negligence, I missed my return flight and then they insisted I pay for a new flight. It was my first trip to Mexico, and at no point was I told I would need the immigration paper they gave me on arrival to leave the country. They did not ask if I had it when I checked in, or at any point until I was boarding the plane. The immigration paper was in my checked bag, which they had enough time to remove, and make me buy a new ticket, but not to let me get another immigration paper. I asked the Aeromexico manager how many times a day this happens to people; she said oh MANY. Then isn’t this a problem, I said, couldn’t Aeromexico check for this paper when the other documents are checked, at check in? She rudely said this was not their problem. In fact, Aeromexico makes a lot of money off this- if as she says many people a day encounter this and they do nothing to fix the issue.
RouteMexico City to Montreal