Aeromexico

"no fault of the airline"

Trip Verified | Mostly good flights going and returning from Atlanta to Queretaro with Aeromexico, but this information may save you some aggravation: 1) Don't bother completing and printing the online FMM form. Just do it on the plane. Pre-printing slows down the process, seems few people are doing it and some of the folks handling the online forms are not yet comfortable or familiar with them. And once you've finished, there's no way to edit in case you discover a mistake later - as I did. This probably applies anywhere in Mexico. 2) "Get to the airport 3 hours early for international flights." No. We departed Queretaro at 06.30, and nothing began to function until [after] 04.00. It's a small airport, so once up and running things went quickly. 3) Departing Queretaro we had copied boarding passes onto our cell phones online and checked no bags, so no waiting at the counter. After waiting in line at security, we were sent back to the ticket counter because Aeromexico could only process paper tickets upon boarding. So we found ourselves at the back of the counter line waiting for supposedly unnecessary paper, after which we once again trudged back to security processing. This could change some day, but probably no way to easily know when. 4) There was a fog delay outbound from Queretaro. Obviously no fault of the airline, but maybe good to know about flight conditions this time of the year.
RouteAtlanta to Queretaro
Date FlownNovember 2017

"never fly Aeromexico again"

Not Verified | Vancouver to Managua via Mexico City. An absolutely infuriating experience. Hopelessly incompetent customer relations staff and I’m convinced the whole ordeal was a scam! We were on a layover and waiting at the correct gate to board the flight. The ticket said that our gate time was 1550 and we had checked in earlier to see if we could board. The flight attendant said to wait. So we waited and listened. During this period there was 6 last calls from Mexico city to Monterey. I know this because I was listening intently. At 1535 there was the first and only last call for our flight. Quite literally we were at the gate 5 seconds later at which time the gate attendant looked us in the eye and shut the gate, even with people still visibly walking down the ramp to the plane! 7 people missed that plane and all 7 of us were at the correct gate on time. I honestly thought the lady was joking when she closed the gate immediately after saying last call. Missing the flight was one thing, but we then proceeded to get pinballed around the airport for hours. Speaking to one supervisor saying that he/she couldn’t do anything and the only person who could help us was the next person, and the next person. Will absolutely never fly Aeromexico again.
RouteVancouver to Managua via Mexico City
Date FlownNovember 2017

"has the worst customer service"

Verified Review | San Francisco to Guadalajara. This company has the worst customer service. There are many things that they did wrong. First, our flight got delayed because of the bad weather but we managed to get to the airport for our connecting flight 1 hour prior to departure. However, there was no staff from Aeromexico at the counter so we couldn't get our boarding pasess. No self-check in option either. Called customer service and their solution was to book another flight because they couldn't do anything. What an awful, stressful and enraging experience. Never booking with them again.
RouteSan Francisco to Guadalajara

"unpredictable and inconsistent"

Verified Review | Aeromexico is relatively cheap to fly with, but their service is unpredictable and inconsistent. Recently I flew with them on a long series of flights, including Mexico City to Lima. On some legs of the trip, counter staff glanced at my bag and judged it to be too big to carry on. On other legs, staff glanced at the exact same bag and instantly ok'd it for carry on. En route an urgent issue arose and it was physically impossible for me to access counter staff so I had to phone the call centre. I explained the problem at least 4 or 5 times clearly and in detail but the agent would not listen or answer my questions. She just referred me to counter staff. On line check in is terrible - virtually impossible to use and judging by the long periods of time it is unavailable, Aeromexico does not give it priority. Seat comfort was average. Movie selection was excellent, music selection was abysmal. You need to pay extra attention to their scheduling. They have some short delays but once, for an international connecting flight I had, they suddenly, with less than 24 hours notice, scheduled departure for one hour earlier. Often Aeromexico offers the best fares, but they also have the earmarks of an airline that is increasingly trying to cut corners to the detriment of customers.
RouteMexico City to Lima

"horrible customer service"

Verified Review | Washington DC to Mexico City. Horrible customer service - I will never fly with Aeromexico again. 3 hour flight delay from Dulles to Mexico City caused me to miss my connection. Customer service barely understood English and showed little concern. I found them rude and unhelpful. I ask my wife (who is Mexican and speaks fluent Spanish and English) to assist me in changing my return flight which was also on Aeromexico. The customer service person was not only rude to her as well but they provided inaccurate information regarding their own flight routes and hung up instead of trying to understand the request of their customer. Never again. I gave them one star because they are the only flight from Washington D.C. to Mexico City overnight direct.
RouteWashington DC to Mexico City
Date FlownNovember 2017

"not heard back from anyone"

Verified Review | Mexico City to Huatulco. I have nothing against the flight attendants but our experience with the Aeromexico airport crew and phone customer service reps last June have been nothing but horrendous. We had a connecting flight in Mexico City that was canceled because of a storm and I understand that it is out of your control. But what happened after that was the problem. We were by the gate when they canceled the flight, no one would help us rebook nor recover our checked luggages. All they had given us was a local number to call for instructions. Good thing I had friends who were able to speak Spanish and had phones with them but even with that we couldn't get help. The number they gave us was useless and we couldn't go in the carousel area since they would not let us in to just get our bags. After a couple of hours of running around the place and pleading with security so they can let us in to get our unsecured luggages in the middle of the arrival area, we were able to rebook a flight. Then they canceled that flight too and so we had to do everything all over again. It was a nightmare. On our way back, we were downgraded from business class to coach. So they apologized and compensated us with a voucher with an instruction that I can use it to upgrade any future round trip Aeromexico tickets. But the catch is that I should use the voucher within a year. Now, I called customer service and they are not helping me in any way. I have booked my flights and wanted to use the voucher but they are asking me to do a lot of things before I can use the voucher. This is just unacceptable. This second experience isn't helping my frustration with the first experience. I feel like I'm in Mexico City airport again trying to figure out what to do without anyone trying to help. It is just too much work for me to be able to use the voucher as what I have been told. To have an upgrade for any roundtrip tickets of aeromexico. I mean, I am not even asking for free flights. I am only asking to use the voucher that I have been given. I have not heard back from anyone.
RouteSFO to Huatulco via Mexico City
Date FlownJune 2017

"customer service seemed incompetent"

Verified Review | Tuxtla Gutierrez to SFO via Mexico City. I few with Aeromexico in August in three segments from Tuxtla Gutierrez to SFO, and I wanted to get miles credit for these three flights. But the SkyTeam website and their customer service seemed incompetent to me and I am giving up trying to get the credit for these flights. I sent them a message by website too, but no response. On the other hand, I contacted United MileagePlus for Avianca flight (on the flight there), and I got the credit soon.
RouteTuxtla Gutierrez to SFO via Mexico City
Date FlownAugust 2017

"not appreciate being treated like this"

Verified Review | Mexico City to Washington. I was traveling from Cabo San Lucas to Washington, DC. My connection flight was in Mexico City. I spent $25 USD on my first flight from Cabo to Mexico City to upgrade my seat, as well as have zone 2 boarding. That flight was great. On my connecting flight from Mexico City to Washington, DC I spent $75 USD to upgrade my seat and have zone 2 boarding. Before boarding I was called up to the front desk by a AeroMexico representative, who I informed immediately I did not speak Spanish. He told me that I was going to have a random bag check and to step to the side. I agreed, as this was no problem. There was a second gentlemen in front of me who was also having a random bag check. When he was finished, I was told by another AeroMexico representative to proceed to the security woman to check my bags. When I gave my passport and bags to the security woman (who I also informed I did not speak Spanish) she waved me through without checking my bags and said I was free to go. I walked down the ramp as instructed and started to wait in line to board my flight. 5 minutes later, the AeroMexico representative that was working the ticket counter came screaming down the ramp, yelling my name and making a huge scene in front of everyone in line. He would not let me talk and was yelling at me that I should have had my bags checked. I was trying to tell him that the security woman had waved me through and that I had stopped like he told me to to have my bags checked. He would not stop yelling and also put his hand on my shoulder pushing me forward. I was being treated like a criminal when I had nothing to hide and also followed his directions. Once he escorted me to the security woman at the top of the ramp she informed him that she had waved me through. He never apologized to me. My bags were checked and I was free to go. I was very embarrassed and scared that I had done something wrong when I had not. I do not appreciate being treated like this, especially when I paid extra money to have my seat upgraded. I was one of the last people to board the plane.
RouteMexico City to Washington
Date FlownOctober 2017

"horrible and disrespectful"

Verified Review | New York JFK to Buenos Aires via Mexico. This was by far the worst experience that I have. The customer service was the worst. I have no idea where they recruit their staff but they are very disrespectful. I checked my bag and I passed the weight limit by half pound. Well she said that I have to pay extra, but i have a carry on bag and i said i will put that half pound in my carry on. Then she said that she has to weight my carry on. At this point I was annoyed, not only because of the situation but they way she was telling me. Long story short I had to paid $260 dollar more to check in my carry on. The worst part is that she was chit chatting with her co-worker and laughing while charging my credit card. After all the procedure she get back to me with that poker face and said "by the way the flight is delay". I really doubt that the airline provided any customer service training to this people but I guess we have to start with an apology and not "by the way". I get to the gate and they starting to ask to check the carry on bag, and the funny part is that they didnt weigh any of those bags. I decided to ignore the situation and just wait for boarding, My nightmare didnt end, my seat was next to the exit so the attendant was explaining to us in spanish the rules and when she finished she ask if we understood. I am Asian but my maternal language is spanish, I replied to her yes in spanish. She looked at me and repeated the whole thing in English again and I said, I speak Spanish so I know what you meant. She stared at me like 5 seconds and kept repeating the whole process in english so I just ignored her and closed my eyes, she woke me up and asked me again in english if i understood. The whole experience was horrible and disrespectful.
RouteNew York JFK to Buenos Aires via Mexico
Date FlownJuly 2017

"Cabin service impeccable"

Verified Review | New York to Sao Paulo via Mexico City. It was a great service overall. Cabin service impeccable. Flight attendants very attentive and friendly. Food and wine outstanding.
AircraftBoeing 737-800 / 777