Vote Now

United Airlines

"tighten up on your service"

Verified Review | Orlando to Denver. United Airlines, tighten up on your service. We couldn't take off for 20 minutes because of equipment failure - understandable. We landed and spent 30 minutes trying to find a gate. Almost like they were surprised we showed up. Then we couldn't make it to our gate on time because they failed to notify the next gate because it 'arrived on time', which clearly it didn't. We arrived 5 minutes before our gate, they close it 10 minutes prior. But no worries, it's actually better business that they do these kinds of things.
RouteOrlando to Denver
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"entertainment is also very lacking"

Unverified | The fact that I could avoid Frankfurt and fly directly from Houston to Munich is probably the best thing about this flight. The Boeing 767 is one of my favorite aircraft and it has a great interior and is well kept. The service was great, but the food was bad even by airline standards. I am probably one of the few people on this planet that enjoy airline food but this is simply not edible. For some reason their bread is called a 1234VR Brown Roll, I am not sure what it is and what horrible concoction of chemicals it inlcudes, but I cannot fathom why they would serve it to their guests. I miss the times when bread was just that bread, made with water, yeast and flour. The entertainment is a bit annoying as you are forced to view 2 commercials prior to any movies or TV episodes. The entertainment is also very lacking in general, the movies are very old as in HBO old. Nothing that is currently in the movies is shown.
RouteHouston to Munich
Date FlownOctober 2016

"was horribly uncomfortable"

Unverified | Geneva to Denver. Absolutely horrible. We flew United for an eight hour international flight to our home in Colorado. Seat cushion was not attached properly and was horribly uncomfortable. Seats were far too close together (compared with Air Canada and others) and uncomfortable. Seat screen malfunctioning (both seats in the row). Staff was unfriendly (presumably because of the unhappy passengers and poor quality of aircraft). Such a disgraceful airline. Clearly United doesn't care because this is just one of many poor reviews and the custom satisfaction rating is quite low. Choose another airline for a long flight.
RouteGeneva to Denver
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"Purchased food was good"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Boston. Flight departed in a timely manner. Seat was Economy Plus, with extra leg room. Worth the small price over a regular economy seat. In-flight entertainment system worked well with my iPad. Purchased food was good. Seat was comfortable. Crew was friendly and efficient.
RouteLos Angeles to Boston
Date FlownDecember 2016

"Inflight service was excellent"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Salt Lake City. Seat was very comfortable, recline was acceptable. Did not use entertainment, preferred to read my book. Inflight service was excellent on this short flight. Crew was friendly, provided announcements when necessary. Check in was prompt, friendly, efficient at LAX.
RouteLos Angeles to Salt Lake City

"lack of common sense"

Verified Review | United Airlines canceled the flight from Newark to Burlington because of aircraft mechanical problems. There are no more flights on any airline from Newark or La Guardia for 3 days. They refused to give a voucher for a rental car or a hotel. Instead gave us 20 dollars of food vouchers to use while we wait for a bus to be arranged. But no specific time or actual promise of this bus ever appearing. The food voucher is worthless as well because it's the middle of the night and nothing is open here. Also, after canceling several flights for random reasons they only had 4 people working the customer service counter and two of them got up and left while there was about 60 people waiting in line. Complete lack of common sense or caring about people.
RouteJackson Hole to Newark
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"enjoyed the Sak's avenue blanket"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Tokyo Narita on 18 December 2016. I was one of the last to board and had a window seat. The cabin crew took some time to realise that I have boarded but once they took notice, they quickly offered a menu for pre-flight drinks. The seat layout was the older Polaris product i.e. not all seats have direct access to the aisle. After take off, the crew came round to take orders for meals. The menu looked impressive but at least two of the meal options were not available which was disappointing. I had to go with my 2nd option but thoroughly enjoyed the meal. The service was attentive and pro-active with the crew doing rounds to ensure passengers' drinks are topped up, etc. I especially enjoyed the Sak's avenue blanket and large pillows. There were a thin blanket and small pillow available so passengers get to choose what works best.
RouteLos Angeles to Tokyo
Date FlownDecember 2016

"best to look at another airline"

Verified Review | Washington Dulles to Hartford and a terrible experience! United Airlines totally screwed up flights, refused vouchers, and bumped other passengers for a whole day due to broken seats. United Airlines used to be a great airline, now it is the worst ever. Best to look at another airline before you subject yourself to this carrier.
RouteWashington to Hartford
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"not be flying United again"

Verified Review | The flight attendants were rude and too busy socializing with each other to notices the guests. I had to try 9 seat power outlets around me to finally find one that worked that I could charge my phone on. I bought an hour of internet for $8 and it worked for maybe 20 minutes. I flew from Chicago to Honolulu (9 hours) and they only gave us a cookie. Will not be flying United Airlines again.
RouteHonolulu to Chicago
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"tired, grumpy and not very helpful"

Verified Review | San Francisco to Auckland. Flight was very full as there is only one flight a day and the previous nights flight had left about 13 people behind due to being late off another United Airlines flight. This was fine we all got a seat but then sat for about half an hour to an hour on the plane as we waited for people coming off another flight, then waited for their baggage which seemed to have got lost. This is quite a late flight, we boarded at almost 11 pm at night so everyone was tired including the FA's. They seemed to be all tired, grumpy and not very helpful at all. I asked for a vegetarian meal (which is part of the standard meals now) and they gave me a chicken one - they weren't listening. The captain was great and kept us up to date. They tried to sell the premium economy seats a few times while we were waiting which is a bit annoying as they gave the impression the flight was full and it got everyone in a bit of a panic, especially the people who had been hanging around all day having missed the flight the previous night. They gave us dinner, a snake and breakfast. I slept most of the flight but it was bumpy and I put this down to going over the Pacific.
RouteSan Francisco to Auckland