United Airlines

"never fly United"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to San Francisco. Save yourself from hidden fees and humilitation: Never fly United. I think it’s no coincidence that all the airline horror stories I and everyone I know have have been with United. Their staff make up crazy rules about baggage - even small bags and backpacks - in order to secretly charge you more money, and I say sometimes because sometimes they tell you these rules and sometimes they don’t, every single staff member apparently has a different set of them. I have witnessed how they make their customers disassemble electronic-quipped bags in front of the boarding door, or made me stuff a cumbersome item into my backpack (to try make me pay for it) when later I was told it’s perfectly fine for it to be in my travel bag. Long story short, never fly United, and please tell your friends not to as well. You will be much better off paying $20 more for an airline that will not charge you hidden fees and not humiliate you. United is a terrible company.
RouteLos Angeles to San Francisco
Date FlownJune 2018

"delayed by 2 hours"

Trip Verified | I had a connection flights but my original flight from XNA got delayed by 2 hours. I had to go with my friend from Texas but unfortunately i couldn't catch her because they delayed the flight for two hours. Last time also i had same problem. Now whenever I have to travel I look for optional flight instead of United airline.
RouteBentonville to Houston, TX
Date FlownAugust 2018

"company is a joke"

Not Verified | Maui to Atlanta via San Francisco. This company is a joke. Scheduled our fights 5 months in advance. They keep changing the times, the dates and now telling us we may have to stay overnight, due to their issues in refueling in San Francisco. They changed our departure by 2 hours and 20 minutes. Then they tried moving us back to coach, when we paid for upgrades seats. We get to the airport in Maui to be told our departure is going to be delayed even longer and they can not guarantee we will make our connecting flight in San Francisco to Atlanta. I would give them a zero. These people really need to get it together before no one flies with them.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteMaui to Atlanta via San Francisco

"no sense of respect"

Trip Verified | Houston to Los Angeles. We boarded at 7:30 pm everything seem to be ok and we were on the run off ready to take off when he captain announced the plane has to returned to the gate due some mechanical problem, we were repeatedly asked to stay on the plane. After almost 4+ (11:30 pm) hours we were told the plane was fixed and that we would be taking off. 30 minutes later we were told they didn't have any flight attendants because they have to check out due “long hours” and if we waited a few minutes the replacement flight attendants were in the airport and on their way. After another hour of waiting we were told they couldn't get flight attendants and deboarded the plane. I was in lne trying to get in to the earliest flight posible and ask for arrangements to sleep since it was almost 1:40am airline personel where rude, refuse to make areangements to reroute baggage to my flight because there was nobody to do it at that time... they also told me as a local i was not entitle to accomodations they asked me to go home and return at 4am to board my new flight for the rest they keep telling people not to stand in line. United was completely unprepared, how could they not know if the repair took longer than 2 hours their flight attendants would time out. How did they not already have a back-up plan in case the repair took longer than 2 hours. they had plenty time to Make arrangements to help passanger they left stranded althdought they wait until last minute when everybody in the airport was gone, i even findout the flight was delayed until next morning by checking online before they announced it. Customer service is unexistant... even over the phone people lied to me with different stories and promises they knew they were lies, my luggage arrived late at my destination dispite several employees assuring me it was going to be on my new flight... on top of experience rude employee in IAH the phone personel are useless and several hung up on me.. nobody care how much they abuse passangers. Several of the United staff were clearly upset and they just stopped helping people and when I finally got to the front I was treated poorly. Every single employee i talked to redirected me to either complain online or file a form that could “possibly award me a compensation” within 10 business day after the incident. This airline has no sense of respect and value of peoples time and money.
RouteHouston to Los Angeles

"practices bait-and-switch"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Portland. We will now fly on Alaska Airlines when we have a choice between Alaska and United; United practices bait-and-switch by promising one price and then holding you hostage to pay a price to have a seat and to carry a bag. Unethical and immoral.
RouteSan Francisco to Portland
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"not let me board the flight"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Oklahoma City. Terrible personnel out of the Chicago O’Hare Airport. Would not let me board the flight, gate attendant stated she saw me chanting (cheering for football, not yelling) in the sports bar across from the gate. Missed my morning meetings and basically got told by United Airlines Management to screw myself. I can assure you I was of no concern to that flight and will never ever again waste valuable money flying your airline. I wish I had the exact names of the individuals so someone who knows how to operate business at United could try and help solve their desperate need for people who don’t have massive power-trips by use of authority they have zero of. Bunch of goofs. I will never book a trip with United Aurlines again.
RouteChicago to Oklahoma City
Date FlownJuly 2018

"definitely fly United again"

Not Verified | New Orleans to Indianapolis. I was very concerned when I broke my foot a few weeks before or trip and had surgery. I was non-weight-bearing and had a knee scooter. We called United two nights before the flight and they immediately did everything to be accommodating, changed my seat for free, changes my husband to be near me, described the process for boarding and leaving plane. We boarded four flights on that trip and everyone acted amazing, it was so easy, I am so grateful. Would definitely fly United again.
RouteNew Orleans to Indianapolis
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"never fly this airline again"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Denver. First off customer service is terrible. Everyone was telling us something different and we could not get a solution for anything. We had a flight going from Los Angeles to Denver from there to our final designation which was Columbus. Our flight was delayed due to mechanical issues four and half hours which we would miss our other flight. There were two flights with Delta airline that would get us there on schedule but no one was willing to help and made us wait 2 hours so then we couldn’t make that flight. Now we are having to take an overnight flight which we did not want and we get nothing in return for this crisis. We even have to pay another baggage fee because we got transferred to a different airline. I would never fly this airline again in my life nor recommend this airline to anyone I know.
RouteLos Angeles to Denver

"a pleasant flight"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | New York to Orlando. This was a pleasant flight. The flight attendant was fun and friendly and the seats were quite comfortable. The wifi was also surprisingly a bit reliable and the land service was a breeze including the boarding procedures. I would fly with United again. Also, the airline is quite generous when it comes to juice portions as they serve the whole cans and nit just on a plastic glass.
RouteNew York to Orlando

"I was treated poorly"

Trip Verified | The plane had a mechanical problem, we were repeatedly asked to stay on the plane. After two and a half hours we were told the plane was fixed and that we would be taking off. 30 minutes later we were told they didn't have any flight attendants and if we waited a few minutes the replacement flight attendants were in the airport and on their way. After another hour of waiting we were told they couldn't get flight attendants and deboarded the plane. When we got off the plane we were asked not to stand in line and that they would call us by name and that they would give us a hotel voucher so we could come back in the morning to fly. After waiting more than an hour they asked everyone to get in line, then they ran out of hotel vouchers so had to sleep on the floor. United was completely unprepared, how could they not know if the repair took longer than 2 hours their flight attendants would time out. How did they not already have a back-up plan in case the repair took longer than 2 hours. I was second in line when they asked us not to be in line, why would they announce for us to get out of line and then tell us we have to get back in line and then tell most people, sorry there's no hotel. Several of the United staff were clearly upset and they just stopped helping people and when I finally got to the front I was treated poorly. I was asked why am I here and when I told them about the flight delay they said they didn't know anything about it and that they had just got there. I asked for my hotel voucher and they had to check to see if they could help me. I received a hotel voucher and by the time I got to the hotel there was enough time for 2 hours of sleep. United did a terrible job of managing the situation.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy