Top 100 Airlines

United Airlines

"were so uncomfortable"

Verified Review | Flew United Airlines from Kona to San Francisco. The problem with this flight was the seats. Everyone around me including myself was trying to hold their heads up by placing them on the seat in front of them. The seats do not recline very much and were so uncomfortable. The service was fine, we were on time but it was so uncomfortable and we were all talking about it. I am going to find someone else to fly back home to Kona with.
RouteKOA to SFO
Date FlownMay 2016

"never flying United again"

Verified Review | Flight was originally scheduled for a 1.30pm departure from Chicago O'Hare to San Francisco. Was delayed to 2.30pm because the flight was delayed from 'Cancun'. Was further delayed until 4.15pm. The plane arrived at another gate and was 'coming right over'. The plane arrived at 6pm and was suddenly determined to have mechanical problems. Another plane arrived at 9pm. We finally boarded. The conveyor didn't work to load the baggage and the crew were not around to unplug it in order to restart it. It's 10.30pm and we are still stuck at the gate. We've had to book a hotel in SF and forget about our 2 hour drive home tonight or should I say tomorrow morning. This after having to upgrade to a premium seat for my wife because her seat was never assigned when the flight was booked online. Our current compensation for extra $ spent in the upgrade and the $150 needed for the room and the 9.5 hour delay - a $10 food voucher. No fault of the nice people at the desk and on board, but never flying United again.
RouteORD to SFO
Date FlownApril 2016

"my first experience with UA"

Verified Review | Overnight flight from Newark to Heathrow. We upgraded to premium economy for this flight and it was my first experience with UA. Boarding was smooth, assigned a row to join which was marked on the boarding pass. Welcomed on board and found the seats, two of us travelling and we discovered that no one was assigned to the third seat in our row which made it a bit more comfortable. Legroom was good although seat width felt a bit narrow and looked to be the same as economy. That was about it in the way of 'perks' compared to economy as far as I could see. As for the flight, one hour delay in taking off and strong winds delayed our arrival. Good choice of entertainment. Meals were reasonable and I managed to get a brief nap. I had a look at the economy legroom and it looked poor, so I was glad we upgraded but I would class it as only extra legroom rather than a premium product.
RouteEWR to LHR
Date FlownMarch 2016

"experience feels cheap"

Verified Review | Newark to Munich with United Airlines business class. The whole experience feels cheap and anything but Premier. Had to wait 45 mins for security at Newark despite Premier lane access. The lounge was overcrowded with hardly a selection of food and drinks all served in plastic; staff were unfriendly and most alcoholic drinks chargeable. Onboard the plane was showing its age, the BusinessFirst seat however is comfy. Staff decent but it took them ages to complete dinner service on a flight of hardly more than seven hours. No pre take off drink offer nor water at seat so left thirsty for more than an hour after take off. Thankfully flight was on time. Overall would not repeat nor recommend.
RouteEWR to MUC

"worst customer service"

Verified Review | Washington to Munich with United Airlines, and this is by far one of the worst airlines I have flown. Their online check-in did not work, so for our 8 hour long trip to Germany my husband and I ended up sitting in separate rows although the flight was not full! The airline was trying to squeeze $169 per person out of us to sit next to each other in Premium Economy, but gave away free seat upgrades to Business class! How is there not something wrong with this picture? The worst customer service.
RouteIAD to MUC

"seats unbelievably small"

Flew United Airlines from Sacramento to Boston. The seats on the plane were unbelievably small and the airline changed our itinerary and moved our group of four all apart from each other and all in middle seats even though we had selected better seating when we booked the flight four months earlier. The customer service on the phone when we called to change the seating back was rude and very unhelpful. The staff at the check in desk were able to help us on one of the flights and we were able to at least not all have middle seating. Even with a window or aisle the seats are the most uncomfortable with zero leg room.
RouteSMF to BOS

"awful customer service"

Newark to Dallas Ft Worth with United Airlines. Paid extra for a 6:30 flight when 8:30 was much cheaper, but because this is a work related trip I didn't want to arrive to Dallas after midnight. One boarded we were asked to unboard due to window issues, then we were told that a swap of aircraft is needed. 3 hours later still waiting for the aircraft. No vouchers or complementary water, tea, coffee as provided because the delay was under 4 hours. Even though it was 3.5 hours delayed and people paid extra for this specific flight versus any other flights. Awful customer service!
RouteEWR to DFW

"picked up its game"

Verified Review | United Airlines has picked up its game and this flight from Los Angeles to Las Vegas, even though short was very pleasant and comfortable. We experienced a weather delay. storms in Las Vegas prior to departure. The captain let us off the aircraft and the gate team gave us updates every 15 minutes on what was happening. Even when the gate staff changed shift the updates keep happening. It was very professional and made the delay manageable. Onboard service was great and despite being a 43 minute flight a quick beverage and snack service. Surprising as the cabin crew had to ran to make this happen.
RouteLAX to LAS
Date FlownApril 2016

"keep your expectations low"

Flew on United Airlines Boeing 737 aircraft from Seattle to Kahului return via San Francisco. Updated slim seats that gives medium sized economy passengers more legroom. Satisfactory drink service and moderately cheerful FAs who went about their business. The aircraft on both legs were on time and even a bit early. United’s new “zesty ranch” snack was too spicy, salty and generally inedible. There is now paid DirecTV service on 737 seatbacks with non-stop advertising running in a loop from the minute you board the aircraft constantly nagging you to swipe a credit card. Sadly, neither DirecTV nor in-flight wifi worked over the Pacific, which made the whole entertainment system pointless for the 5 hour crossing. It also looks like United has also removed the music channels, including my personal favorite, flight deck chatter. For those used to the Alaska Airlines “Mai Tai” service on Seattle-Hawaii flights, that’s a hefty $9.99 on United. In short, United will get to your destination and back safely, and that’s about it. Keep your expectations low about everything else.
RouteSEA to OGG via SFO
Date FlownApril 2016

"not be flying United again"

I arrived early for my 3:13 pm departure United Airlines flight from San Diego to San Francisco. At my gate, I asked the attendants if I could have my skateboard checked like a stroller, but I was told no, and that it wold have to be paid for as baggage. I didn't want to do that because last time I did, my board was damaged. I politely tried to tell them this, but I was continually ignored or told they couldn't do that, in a rude and unfriendly fashion. I decided I would simply pay rather than leave my board, and got onto the plane. I then sat on the plane, which was already delayed from 3:13 to 3:30, for over 2 hours while totally uninformed of what the issue was or when we would depart or arrive in San Francisco. We eventually left around 5:50 and I subsequently missed my connecting flight to Seattle at 6:51. I will not be flying United ever again.
RouteSAN to SFO