United Airlines

"worse than low cost airlines"

(Mexico)

Verified Review | Worst service ever! I booked Chicago to Orlando economy ticket without knowing how bad and awful it was all the restrictions and the way they ask for them it's rude and disappointing. I realize that United Airlines is worse than low cost airlines, and this is the last time I book a flight with United
RouteChicago to Orlando
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"I feel taken advantage of"

Verified Review | Boston to Charleston via Newark. Being charged an additional $25/way to carry on a bag on a United flight is a terrible way to get extra revenue for a company. On our connecting flight to Charleston thru Newark from Boston, and the airplane was half full with plenty of space to store additional bags in the overhead compartments. I feel taken advantage of and this will be the last time I ever fly United.
RouteBoston to Charleston via Newark
Date FlownOctober 2016

"No apologies offered"

Verified Review | Well, let me start off by saying that I never made the trip with United Airlines since my flight from Melbourne to Los Angeles was cancelled the night before (roughly around 15 hour before departure time). I simply got a one-line message saying that my flight was cancelled due to aircraft maintenance. No apologies offered. I called the customer service to confirm this and "uh huh" was the only answer I got. Again, no apologies made. The customer rep's attitude was extremely indifferent and just plain rude. Never, will I fly with this airline before. If you're thinking of flying long-haul flights with them, I advise you to think twice!
RouteMelbourne to Los Angeles
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"luggage never made the flight"

Verified Review | I had a direct flight from Denver to Milwaukee. My flight was fine, however my luggage never made the flight. How is that possible on a direct flight? I was told that they were sorry and my luggage would be on the next flight (which was later in the day), but would personally be delivered to me by the next morning (Tuesday). That was 1:30 in the afternoon on Monday and it is now Wednesday, late afternoon. I keep getting the "run around" giving me different answers every time I speak to someone. Luggage is still in Denver, now it's in Milwaukee, on its way to Chicago, on its way to Green Bay, back in Milwaukee, etc?) Extremely Frustrated.
RouteDenver to Milwaukee

"Dissatisfied and angry"

Verified Review | Portland to Austin . This trip was by far my worst experience flying and I fly pretty frequently for work. This trip started off by being diverted from Houston directly to Austin and having to sit 1.5 on the tarmac in a hot cabin. From there my luggage was lost and I had to have it shipped to my hotel missing my evening meeting I had arranged. On the way back I could not confirm my flight and I had to lose my original seating assignment flying into San Francisco. Now I'm in the SFO airport and I have been waiting since 430 for my flight but after three delays and three gate changes I am worried I will not even get home today. I haved use other airlines and never have this many screw ups. Dissatisfied and angry. Avoid booking with United at all costs.
RoutePortland to Austin
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"I will no longer book with them"

Verified Review | Moline to Salt Lake City via Denver. I had a very unpleasant experience with United Airlines on September 18, 2017. I was told that because I was two minutes late, my seat was reassigned. It was unclear that I had to be at the gate 30 minutes prior to my departure and if I were late my seat would be reassigned. On my confirmation email, it clearly states that my seat will be automatically assigned prior to boarding and can't be changed once they're assigned. Thus, I had to take the next flight at 5AM. When I was on my flight the next morning, I asked the flight attendant if I could move two rows back because the plane was not to capacity and it would be more comfortable for both myself and the gentleman next to me. I was told by the flight attendant that, "They had already made a count and that the weight distribution would be off". Having flown previously, I've moved seats before with no issue. Because of these experiences, I don't feel that United Airlines values their passengers and therefore, I will no longer book with them.
RouteMoline to Salt Lake City via Denver
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"wanted to congratulate United"

Verified Review | Washington to Rochester. The flight was very pleasant except for the rather disturbingly rude person who sat next to me. He was quite rude to the stewardess. I believe he was upset because it was a short flight and couldn't give him the amount of alcohol that he had hopped for. He fussed and decided to write very awful things about her. Dispite this the stewardess was very patient, calm, and kind. I find this very admirable, and just wanted to congratulate United on hiring such a resilient woman.
AircraftBombardier Q200
RouteWashington to Rochester
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"treats their basic economy class as lower individuals"

Verified Review | United has quickly become my least favorite airline. Upon my 2 day travel to Phoenix, I arrive to the airport with my purse and my backpack. I'm unable to carry on my backpack because "that's just the fare that I purchased." After asking when they implemented this new rule, the women replied, "don't argue with me ma'am." I was simply asking a question. As a woman, I should be able to carry a purse and a backpack onto a plane. Now, after careful planning, on my way home I now have to check my small 8 pound backpack and will be late for work in order to wait for it at my destination. These "new rules" were never clearly stated when I purchased my ticket. I also purchased 2 tickets under one credit card and they put my husband and I on opposite sides of the plane. United treats their basic economy class as lower individuals and I will never travel with them again.
RoutePhoenix to Denver
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"worst service, worst flight"

Verified Review | Worst service, worst flight, ran late and landed after our second flight was departing and no one tried to assist us! Will never fly with them again. Never had such an awful flying experience and as a business person I fly often. I would highly advise any airline is better than United if you want reliable helpful crew.
RouteNewark to Ft Lauderdale via Dulles
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Both crews offered help"

Verified Review | Flew Washington DC to Oregon. I cannot remember the last time I flew United. For this trip, United had the best tickets for the price. The planes were planes, the snacks were the same. I was truly shocked at how good the crew were on all four legs of the trip. I was traveling with my three year old son and they could not have been more accommodating. He was so sick on our way to Oregon that we were running back to the bathroom every 45 minutes. They were kind and generous and offered to help me during this very stressful flight. On the way back home my son was feeling better and we did not need as much help or support. Although, we received it anyway. Both crews offered help, extra drinks or snacks through out the flights, as well as offering to help me off the plane. I cannot remember the last time I had such a positive experience on any airline. Great job United!
RouteWashington DC to Oregon