Vote Now

United Airlines

"Never flying United again"

Verified Review | Houston to Miami. Horrible smells through the plane. A simple air wick will make all the difference in this plane. Literally it smells rotten this flight. The flight was also overbooked. Better to pay a little more money and avoid united airlines. When trying to get carry on bag into the plane, was informed by an operator that the cabins where full and had to a check the bag for 35$ which I paid gladly, but once I smelled this plane all my patience went to hell. Never flying United again.
RouteHouston to Miami

"consecutive horrible flights"

Verified Review | Tampa to San José del Cabo via Houston. Never had such consecutive horrible flights with one company! Left 3 hours late from Tampa because of maintenance issues. Missed our connecting flight to Cabo and had to fly to Mexico City to board this Aeromexico flight and have mechanical issues and delayed again. It will be an extra 10 hours of being in airports - they made it seem like they were really doing us a favor by offering a hotel room if they couldn't find a new flight. But instead they gave the two of us $20 in food vouchers in case we got hungry. That seems like a great tradeoff for an all inclusive day at a resort where we were suppose to be, with my husbands customers! I can understand when weather causes isssues, but both of these were mechanical issues with the plane.
RouteTampa to San José del Cabo
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"does not care about customer service"

Unverified | Denver to Atlanta. United Airlines does not care about customer service. I arrived early to Denver and there was an earlier flight to Atlanta. I had no luggage, there was an earlier flight with open seats. For a couple of keystrokes and $75 I could go on the earlier flight. This change would have made me happy and most likely someone would have been happy to take my spot on the later flight. This would have been win-win win with United being the hero. Now you are defined by your greed. I hope the loss of my goodwill and many others was worth the $75 you did not get.
RouteDenver to Atlanta
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"tighten up on your service"

Verified Review | Orlando to Denver. United Airlines, tighten up on your service. We couldn't take off for 20 minutes because of equipment failure - understandable. We landed and spent 30 minutes trying to find a gate. Almost like they were surprised we showed up. Then we couldn't make it to our gate on time because they failed to notify the next gate because it 'arrived on time', which clearly it didn't. We arrived 5 minutes before our gate, they close it 10 minutes prior. But no worries, it's actually better business that they do these kinds of things.
RouteOrlando to Denver
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"entertainment is also very lacking"

Unverified | The fact that I could avoid Frankfurt and fly directly from Houston to Munich is probably the best thing about this flight. The Boeing 767 is one of my favorite aircraft and it has a great interior and is well kept. The service was great, but the food was bad even by airline standards. I am probably one of the few people on this planet that enjoy airline food but this is simply not edible. For some reason their bread is called a 1234VR Brown Roll, I am not sure what it is and what horrible concoction of chemicals it inlcudes, but I cannot fathom why they would serve it to their guests. I miss the times when bread was just that bread, made with water, yeast and flour. The entertainment is a bit annoying as you are forced to view 2 commercials prior to any movies or TV episodes. The entertainment is also very lacking in general, the movies are very old as in HBO old. Nothing that is currently in the movies is shown.
RouteHouston to Munich
Date FlownOctober 2016

"was horribly uncomfortable"

Unverified | Geneva to Denver. Absolutely horrible. We flew United for an eight hour international flight to our home in Colorado. Seat cushion was not attached properly and was horribly uncomfortable. Seats were far too close together (compared with Air Canada and others) and uncomfortable. Seat screen malfunctioning (both seats in the row). Staff was unfriendly (presumably because of the unhappy passengers and poor quality of aircraft). Such a disgraceful airline. Clearly United doesn't care because this is just one of many poor reviews and the custom satisfaction rating is quite low. Choose another airline for a long flight.
RouteGeneva to Denver
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"Purchased food was good"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Boston. Flight departed in a timely manner. Seat was Economy Plus, with extra leg room. Worth the small price over a regular economy seat. In-flight entertainment system worked well with my iPad. Purchased food was good. Seat was comfortable. Crew was friendly and efficient.
RouteLos Angeles to Boston
Date FlownDecember 2016

"Inflight service was excellent"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Salt Lake City. Seat was very comfortable, recline was acceptable. Did not use entertainment, preferred to read my book. Inflight service was excellent on this short flight. Crew was friendly, provided announcements when necessary. Check in was prompt, friendly, efficient at LAX.
RouteLos Angeles to Salt Lake City

"lack of common sense"

Verified Review | United Airlines canceled the flight from Newark to Burlington because of aircraft mechanical problems. There are no more flights on any airline from Newark or La Guardia for 3 days. They refused to give a voucher for a rental car or a hotel. Instead gave us 20 dollars of food vouchers to use while we wait for a bus to be arranged. But no specific time or actual promise of this bus ever appearing. The food voucher is worthless as well because it's the middle of the night and nothing is open here. Also, after canceling several flights for random reasons they only had 4 people working the customer service counter and two of them got up and left while there was about 60 people waiting in line. Complete lack of common sense or caring about people.
RouteJackson Hole to Newark
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"enjoyed the Sak's avenue blanket"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Tokyo Narita on 18 December 2016. I was one of the last to board and had a window seat. The cabin crew took some time to realise that I have boarded but once they took notice, they quickly offered a menu for pre-flight drinks. The seat layout was the older Polaris product i.e. not all seats have direct access to the aisle. After take off, the crew came round to take orders for meals. The menu looked impressive but at least two of the meal options were not available which was disappointing. I had to go with my 2nd option but thoroughly enjoyed the meal. The service was attentive and pro-active with the crew doing rounds to ensure passengers' drinks are topped up, etc. I especially enjoyed the Sak's avenue blanket and large pillows. There were a thin blanket and small pillow available so passengers get to choose what works best.
RouteLos Angeles to Tokyo