United Airlines

"Do not fly United Airlines"

Trip Verified | Las Vegas to Newark. Do not fly United Airlines. They don’t allow any free carry-on of any type anymore. I had a tiny carry-on bag with a pair of jeans and a shirt and they told me I had to check it with a charge of $50. The attendants are rude and there is no seat selection. My flight was over an hour late so my ride had to wait an extra hour. Everything was done wrong. I’ve never complained about a flight before but this is my first United Airlines and definitely my last.
RouteLas Vegas to Newark
Date FlownNovember 2017

"don't have moral and ethics"

Trip Verified | Newark to Ahmedabad return via Mumbai to travel later in November. The most garbage airline. They don't have moral and ethics. They have issued me a ticket worth $2400 for 4 passengers (3 adults and 1 infant). Some kind of problem with the payment processing system. After 4 days they wanted to charge me $3870 for the same ticket. They don't want to honor their own system.
RouteNewark to Ahmedabad via Mumbai
Date FlownNovember 2017

"like to thank the flight attendants"

Trip Verified | Raleigh/Durham to Newark. We had a delay, due to winds. The flight attendant was extremely courteous and made up for the delay - excellent customer service! The flight was smooth. Again, I would like to thank the flight attendants for the courteous service they delivered to me!
RouteRaleigh/Durham to Newark
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Our seats had been changed"

Trip Verified | Flew Chicago O'Hare to Tampa. We purchased our first class tickets on Aug. 4th 2017. We were given the option of selecting our seats so we did. (Seat 3A and 3B). We wanted to sit next to one another as most married couples do. Fast forward to today when we used the United Airline app to check in and download our boarding passes. Once we had gotten them and started to look them over guess what we found out? Our seats had been changed. When we called to verify we were told by someone not speaking very good English that since the plane was changed our seats had to be changed. I asked if this plane had seats 3A and 3B on it. We were told that indeed it did, but those were already occupied. We were then told that we agreed to "any necessary changes in planes or seat assignments" when we agreed to the "terms and conditions" of our ticket purchase. Since we don't have any way of changing airlines at such a late date we will have to live with not sitting in the same row as we had planned. This is the second time in as many first class flights that United has done this to us. I guess someone paid more money or had better connections then we did. Don't count on being treated like a paying customer by this airline. Once they have your money they don't care if you are happy flying the friendly skies or not.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteChicago O'Hare to Tampa

"Horrible customer service"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Houston. Every time I fly United, I think they can't be that bad. And every time I’m wrong. Horrible customer service, most flights horribly delayed, no compensation because of “weather”, no flexibility on where bags get checked, completely unorganized in how they manage their overbooked flights. Just don’t do it.
RouteSan Francisco to Houston
Date FlownNovember 2017

"never use this airline again"

Trip Verified | Bradley to Norfolk. I didn’t even get to fly with this airline. I arrived an hour before my scheduled flight and the employee checking us in made us walk across the airport to buy a card which would allow us to check our bags in and then when we arrived back to her at 5:38 am, she told me that they already closed the gates and wasn’t letting one in. The flight wasn’t until 6 am and I couldn’t believe she wouldn’t let us in by 5:38 am. I will never use this airline again. I’ve never experienced such a thing.
RouteBradley to Norfolk
Date FlownNovember 2017

"I will never fly United again"

Not Verified | Phoenix to Houston. Took this flight for a Job interview in Houston and ended up not being able to make it to the interview unless I would have had $600 to purchase another plane ticket to leave later in the evening. I had called with in an hour of purchasing the tickets when I had realized the time was not going to work for me and was told there were not any other flights just that I would have to purchase a more expensive ticket to get what I would want. So I decided to try and make it work and one thing lead to another and I didn’t make it to the interview. I would definitely recommend that United think more of there customers and not the bottom line but I am probably the one in a million that actually wrote a review that wrote a reply to your questionnaire. Good Luck and thank you but no thank you I will never fly United again.
RoutePhoenix to Houston
Date FlownNovember 2017

"airline has no standards"

Verified Review | New York to Seattle via Washington. Delayed flying from New York to DC thus arrived 25 minutes late. Missed the connecting flight despite the plane still standing at the gate. Arrived at 9:30pm with a rescheduled flight. Instead of 3.30pm. United did not offer an apology. Don’t waste your time and money with an airline that has no standards.
RouteNew York to Seattle via Washington
Date FlownNovember 2017

"worse than riding a bus"

Verified Review | Taking a flight with United is worse than riding a bus. At least with a bus you can get off and walk or talk to the driver so you know what is going on. Shortly after booking our flight our layover was extended 4 hours with no option to reject this or get a refund. Now I am sitting her and layover continues to be extended with no communication. This is by far the worst airline. They used to set the standard and now their standards are nowhere to be found.
RouteDenver to Asheville via Chicago
Date FlownNovember 2017

" will avoid United at all costs"

Verified Review | Boston to Denver. The rudest and most unapologetic airline staff and counter agents. Flying from Boston to Denver and the flight keeps getting further and further delayed every half hour. Went for a 9:10pm landing time to 11:44pm! When I asked why the flight was being delayed over and over the woman who showed up 2 hrs after we were set to take off at the ticket counter says" this happens 20 times a day. It's delayed out of Newark" - no "I'm sorry for any inconvenience, I apologize" no nothing! Just a rude and obviously annoyed staff with no regard for the customer experience at all! I will never fly out of Boston again and will avoid United at all costs!
RouteBoston to Denver