United Airlines

Customer rating from 1975 reviews

"flight was the only flight delayed"

Trip Verified | My United Airlines flight from Colorado Springs to Denver was at 6am and it got delayed 2 hours. Meanwhile, my flight was the only flight delayed. Then, we finally boarded 2 hours later and we pull out from the gate, and they stopped for “maintenance” for a over an hour. They barely even informed us on what was going on. Worst flight ever, never flying United again.
RouteColorado Springs to Denver
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"A good flight all around"

Trip Verified | I travelled on United Airlines from Las Vegas to Chicago on the 14th February 2018. I was in Basic Economy and understood what that meant. When I tried to use the machine to check in I was unable to do so and referred to an agent. They checked that I only had a personal item and gave me a boarding pass marked as such. We had a tail wind and made up about 40 minutes flying time. Tea and coffee was free on the flight. I also was willing to be offloaded but they did not need the extra seat. A good flight all around and I will be flying United again.
RouteLas Vegas to Chicago
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"dropped from first class to economy"

Trip Verified | Palm springs to Grand rapids via Denver. So after finally being deplaned because of maintenance problems, I have been re routed to a flight that takes off two hours later, has a four hour layover at my next stop and gets me home after midnight. I've been dropped from first class to economy. And when I asked if there was any sort of compensation for this mess they have created, I was told I can call customer services. I asked to be put on a different airline so I could arrive home sooner as I have to be in the OR at 7 am tomorrow and was told I couldn't. It is unbelievable how you are treated as a paying customer. Why would anyone ever fly? When asked why they couldn't have figured out these maintenance problems last night we were told that they don't check the plane until shortly before take off. It's unbelievable!
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RoutePalm springs to Grand rapids via Denver
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"attacked by bed bugs from the blanket"

Trip Verified | About six hours into my 15 hour flight from Singapore to San Francisco I was attacked by bed bugs from the blanket used - I was traveling Polaris class. Bites all over my chest - took eight days for them to go away. Worst flight ever - contacted United to alert them to this problem. United offered $150 as a "Goodwill Offer." My intent was to alert them to this problem so that no one would have to endure such a horrible experience. Found their offer to be a slap in the face. I declined the $150 offer which I consider to be "Bad will."
RouteSingapore to San Francisco
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"the most rude and unapologetic attitude"

Trip Verified | Flew Dallas to Chicago. This may be the only airline in the world to treat a nervous 19 year old girl with the most rude and unapologetic attitude. This was my first time flying alone so yes, I was a bit nervous. No one told me that asking questions was completely ridiculous. Being told that "I'm old enough to know these things" or that "its not rocket science" is beyond rude. United, you wont be getting my business again.
RouteDallas to Chicago

"Absolutely terrible experience"

Trip Verified | Absolutely terrible experience! Stay away! Every single time I have flown United Airlines something goes wrong! They had "maintenance" issues and canceled our flight. This was after a 6 hour layovers. They would not refund my first class ticket and made me wait another 2 hours for my bags! What a horrible company!
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteDenver to Tulsa
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"an enjoyable set of flights"

Trip Verified | I travelled on United Airlines from Maui to San Diego via San Francisco. It was an overnight flight from Maui so I got to San Francisco around 4am. I had a couple of hours before our connecting flight which allowed getting breakfast at SFO and also coffee while waiting. All around an enjoyable set of flights involving a connection through San Francisco.
RouteMaui to San Diego via San Francisco

"This made me so upset"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Newark. I was traveling today with my son (who was sleeping on the stroller) and husband. Before we enter immigration at the entrance we met these two ground officers(women) who are checking bording passes. The one who took our bording passes looked at asked us to tell our names by showing each bording pass. We did as she said. But she asked us to repeat it. But we don't know why. My husband repeat it again also said we have to catch the flight at 10.45pm So let us go. (It was almost 10.30) she looked at me and said step back and take off my tiny purse which was hanging my neck and shoulder. So i had to step back and take off my backpack my jackets to take my purse and put it inside. I was just couple steps away from immigration. I know she wanted to make us uncomfortable in front of everyone. We felt so helpless specialy when we had a sleeping baby with us. This made me so upset during whole flight. This is the first bad experience i ever had.
RouteLos Angeles to Newark
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"seating space is torturous"

Trip Verified | United Airlines is the worst airline I have ever dealt with. I was charged $400 for two tickets to be changed, was hung up on while on hold three times by customer service people, and was told to call a different number which was an automated attendant. Was finally after one hour told they would not apply the $137 credit of my original tickets to an upgrade. The seating space is torturous and the airline crew are rude.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteProvidence, RI to Seattle, WA
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"very upset at this point"

Trip Verified | Philadelphia to Washington Dulles. I am very upset at this point. I was scheduled to leave Philadelphia going to Washington then connecting to Atl. Flight 6319 was an hour late getting to Philadelphia. Intead of boarding at 7:25pm to depart at 7:50pm. Flight arrived at 8:35pm and plane took off at 9:08pm. We arrived in Washington 9:55pm or close to that time. Flight attendants reassured everyone that their connecting flights were still on time we would be fine. When I got to the gate for my connecting flight it was closed. No other flights are leaving out tonight. So I have to sleep in the airport. Catch a morning flight to Atl. The purpose of the email is communications should have been had between 6319 plane and 6322 plane. 6322 never knew of our delays so they proceeded to leave on schedule. I feel like just changing my flight and me sit and sleep over night in an airport is very insensitive. Poor customer service. I fly often and will never fly with United again. I was on a flight once yrs ago and there were a group of people on an international flight. That airline waited for their flight to land because they understood that the plane delays should not effect the passengers. I fault the staff and pilot for lack of communication. Hopefully this will bring about some change.
RoutePhiladelphia to Washington Dulles