United Airlines

"delayed both ways due to aircraft issues"

Verified Review | I traveled with United from Nashville to Boston via Chicago on Monday July 17, 2017 and back on July 21, 2017. They delayed both ways due to aircraft issues. On the 17th they caused me to miss my connecting flight on Boston keeping us on tarmac two hours due to air speed indicator malfunctioning. This is the worst airline I have ever dealt with. Don't fly with them!
RouteNashville to Boston via Chicago

"the trip was awful"

Verified Review | Seattle to Boston via Chicago. Will give United Airlines a -1 star rating. The trip was awful, they made us wait 8 hours due to aircraft maintenance. Won't choose or recomend United ever and to anyone. Please stay away from United.
RouteSeattle to Boston via Chicago
Date FlownJuly 2017

"airline staff were extremely rude"

Verified Review | I was traveling from Boston to Chicago with United and they refused to allow me a carry-on bag. When I flew with Delta to Boston, they sent me and email to confirm the night before and everything was efficient. Here, there was no email and they forced me to pay $25 for a small carry on bag. The airline staff were extremely rude. Should have looked at their past lack of customer service.
RouteBoston to Chicago
Date FlownJuly 2017

"Never fly with this horrible airline"

(Brazil)

Verified Review | Flew Orlando to Calgary via Denver. I've been to more than 25 countries, flying with many different airlines over the world and United Airlines is for sure the worst one I have ever been with. In 5 days a flight was cancelled, our bags got lost, other flight was late, making me lose a connection flight and making me stay one night in the connection city. They didn't even want to give us a hotel voucher because it "was not their fault". Most of the company workers treat customers horribly with bad manners and being rude, with some rare exceptions. The workers are never there to help you. When you ask for their help for ticketing or luggage issues they simply say: "There is nothing we can do". United Airlines managed to mess up me and my family's vacation in a few days. So my recommendation: Never fly with this horrible airline. Oh, and a small detail: mine and my whole family's tickets were for Business Class, and you still receive that poor kind of treatment. And when they change our flights, they put us on economy class. Such a joke.
RouteOrlando to Calgary via Denver

"avoid at all costs"

Verified Review | Newark to Providence. United Airlines is the worst airline in America. Two years ago I flew them and they delayed and cancelled my flight, after 7 hours of promising we'd get off the ground. United Airlines string you along in the hopes that no one asks for a refund. No regard for their customers, they should just be honest so that people can make arrangements early. Flew them again (no other flights ) last week, and low and behold, the same thing happened again. Fool me once I guess. On top of that, their staff was incredibly rude and dismissive. Terrible airline, avoid at all costs.
RouteNewark to Providence
Date FlownJuly 2017

"rude and incompetent staff"

Verified Review | Cleveland to Washington. This was the absolute worst trip of my life. This airline doesn't allow you to take a carry on larger than a backpack, so I had to check my small suitcase that any other airline would consider a carry on. My flight that was supposed to leave at 1:00pm was delayed 11 times and cancelled once. When I was finally able to fly out it was 10 pm. When I arrived in Washington I was told that they had left my luggage back in Cleveland and it would not arrive until 11 am the next morning. This was a problem because I had a meeting at 10 am the next morning. United said they would update me about my luggage, but they never did. I called at 11, when my luggage was supposed to arrive and they told me they would deliver it to my hotel in 6-7 hours. Needless to say I drove back to the airport to pick the luggage up myself. The entire trip I encountered rude and incompetent staff who seemed unwilling to perform the job they had been hired to do. I will never fly United again.
RouteCleveland to Washington
Date FlownJune 2017

"avoid United at all costs"

Verified Review | United Airlines is consistently 2 to 4 hours late. Every gate that I passed today was delayed for no apparent reason other than what seems to be business as usual. Then they have the nerve of creating this Basic Economy class that limits you from taking on a normal carry on so they can charge you an extra $25 each way to check what would normally be a regular carry on. Today, before my flight from Asheville to Newark I passed numerous empty seats and overhead bins and sat on my 3.5 hour delayed flight. I will avoid United at all costs.
RouteAsheville to Newark
Date FlownJuly 2017

"spend the night in the airport"

Verified Review | Charlotte to Toronto via Washington. The worst customer service I have ever experienced, no regards to the customers time and concerns, not punctual, unfriendly staff. Disgusted with their services, and I will never book flights with them. They don't provide any kind of compensation for flight cancellations, not even a room. We had to spend the night in the airport.
RouteCharlotte to Toronto via Washington
Date FlownJuly 2017

"wouldn't fly with them again"

Verified Review | Kansas City to Hartford via Chicago. My flight (#1936) from Chicago to Hartford was supposed to depart at 9:17 on July 17th, 2017, and arrive in Hartford at 12:30 am on the 18th. Before arriving at O'Hare, many passengers had received multiple texts/emails stating the flight was to be delayed with significant fluctuations in the delay time with each message. After everyone had waited at the gate for 2+ hours, we were told that the flight was to be cancelled because there was simply "no crew." The manager thought it was a proper compensation to just give $10 meal vouchers to the passengers and then told us to all get in a line for customer service. Almost all the passengers, including myself, waited in line for over an hour, being told that perhaps we could get a hotel room courtesy of United until the next flight out that wasn't already overbooked, which made many for around 9:20 PM almost 24 hours later than the original flight. As we were standing in line, an employee gave us papers telling us to call a customer service number that might be able to help us out, which had the majority of us on hold for 15+ minutes. When I was finally able to speak to a representative, the conversation was unhelpful as there was seemingly nothing that could be done. As the end of the line reached the desk, we were told that the hotels that United could offer rooms in were booked up and that they couldn't offer us that either. I managed to get on a flight out at 6 AM on the 17th as part of a standby with a few other passengers- out of the fully booked flight that needed to be in Hartford 6 hours prior. Overall the experience was disgustingly unprofessional on behalf of United Airlines, and I wouldn't fly with them again, even if I was paid to.
RouteKansas City to Hartford via Chicago
Date FlownJuly 2017

"never waste another $ on them"

Verified Review | Atlanta to Sacramento via Chicago. My wife and three children are flying United today cross country today. Three kids, two boys 12 and 9, and my 6 year old daughter. United refuses to sit them all together, making my 6 year old daughter sit by herself with strangers unless my wife can convince people to move. Will never waste another $ on them. Unfortunately they've clearly already done that math and don't care. I'll give them a 1 out of 10 for being on time.
RouteAtlanta to Sacramento via Chicago