Continental Airlines Passenger Reviews and Continental Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Continental Airlines customer review :  28 August 2011 by J Whittaker (UK)

Trip Rating : 4/10

Glasgow to Newark. Most flight attendants were unable to smile. Check-in on return was awful, self check-in is confusing. A staff member approached as I was unsure what to do and started barking instructions at me.

Continental Airlines customer review :  27 August 2011 by M Hanson (USA)

Trip Rating : 5/10

EWR to BRU return. Seats were uncomfortable with little cushion, and there was a metal box underneath the seat in front on both flights, so I couldn't stretch my legs. Food was poor quality and they charged for alcoholic beverages. Crew were friendly and the individual seatback screens were nice with lots of entertainment. I would not recommend Continental for international flights.

Continental Airlines customer review :  27 August 2011 by D Mauro (USA)

Trip Rating : 6/10

EWR-LIM. Adequate at best. Flight departed on time, but the cabin was worn out and the food was nasty. There were also brown burn stains on the outside of the tray. The only saving grace was the excellent video on demand entertainment. The food was awful though.

Continental Airlines customer review :  25 August 2011 by E Weare (Canada)

Trip Rating : 0/10

EWR to YYZ. Flight delayed 4.5 hrs due to bad weather. Passengers were required to wait 4.5 hrs for the arrival of a pilot. The flight took off over 9 hrs late, airport staff would not give any answers to questions and seemed to be avoiding them. No compensation offered.

Continental Airlines customer review :  22 August 2011 by A Vaughan (UK)

Trip Rating : 0/10

IAD to SFO. Despite booking seats next to each other, our seats were changed and we were 10 rows apart. Other couples faced the same problem, despite the bookings being on the same eticket. Our previous Continental flight was 4 hrs late with no apology from ground, cabin or flight deck staff. Service was very poor.

Continental Airlines customer review :  21 August 2011 by C Gradl (France)

Trip Rating : 7/10

CDG-IAD in Business First on a 757-200. The Lie-Flat Business First seat is very comfortable. Flight on time and the crew friendly and professional. The only negative were the rude Continental employees, who conduct the US immigration/security checks prior to entering the check-in area.

Continental Airlines customer review :  19 August 2011 by James D Grierson (Australia)

Trip Rating : 0/10

Round the World trip from Brisbane. We boarded United Airlines (operated by Continental) from Boston to Edinburgh. We boarded late due to weather, the plane had not been properly cleaned (candy wrappers, used tissues in seat pocket. Charged $6 for small lite beer only to be told they did not accept cash. Food provided was the most poorly presented we have ever had. We have been Star Alliance customers for many years and have flown with most of the Alliance Airlines, but without doubt this Flight was the worst.

Continental Airlines customer review :  19 August 2011 by Mike Tigg (Canada)

Trip Rating : 0/10

BOS-EWR in Economy on 12.59pm out of Boston. Normally a 1 hr trip, this time 6 hrs. After numerous excuses over a 70 mins period, flight cancelled completely. Two incompetent gate agents trying to re-route very long line of frustrated passengers with connections out of Newark. After waiting over 1 hr for agents to process 4 passengers ahead of us, and having missed the next flight to Newark, we were put on the 4.30pm with assurances our luggage would follow us. Needless to say it did not make it to Newark with us on our or the next flight.

Continental Airlines customer review :  15 August 2011 by S Dec (Luxembourg)

Trip Rating : 9/10

EWR-BRU in Elite First. Pleasantly surprised, professional cabin crew, 4 staff for the first section of the Business cabin on the new B777. Food good quality for a US carrier. Seats comfortable, allowing a couple of hours of sleep. Entertainment system was very good with a selection of movies and TV series. Arrived in Brussels well ahead of schedule.

Continental Airlines customer review :  12 August 2011 by Mark Room (UK)

Trip Rating : 10/10

We were very worried about flying Continental, I have to say they were very good. We were a party of 5 and nothing was to much trouble. Flying from Birmingham to New York, the plane was clean and tidy, a good selection on the entertainment system and the food was hot and filling.

Continental Airlines customer review :  11 August 2011 by Kevin Duffy (USA)

Trip Rating : 1/10

I flew from Chicago-Houston at 3 am. The plane was an old and dirty 737-800, the seats were hard and staff were rude. They were advertising some TV shows they would be showing but were nowhere to be found.

Continental Airlines customer review :  10 August 2011 by P Costa (UK)

Trip Rating : 10/10

Booked to fly Virgin LHR-New York, codeshare meant I flew back with Continental. Excellent service, comfortable 3-3-3 Boeing 777 layout. Tasty dinner and breakfast and professional crew.

Continental Airlines customer review :  10 August 2011 by John Dillon (USA)

Trip Rating : 0/10

Our outbound fight to Edinburgh from Newark was okay except there is very little leg-room. I could not recline my seat properly. Alcoholic drinks were not free. On the return they asked for volunteers to get bumped, I volunteered. They told me to board so I did only to be told to leave the plane and collect a voucher, I was just about to leave the terminal when I was told to re-board. After 2 hours the flight is cancelled. Staff rude and hostile, no information provided. Given ticket on BMI to LHR. Delayed flight but at least BMI gave its passengers access to the Business Class lounge. Arrive at Newark 30 hours later than planned.

Continental Airlines customer review :  4 August 2011 by S Christiansen (USA)

Trip Rating : 3/10

Alexandria, LA to Houston, TX return. Houston to Alexandria flights were very uncomfortable. The smaller aircraft, Saab SF 340A/B very warm and never cooled down during the 45 min flight. The cabins exhibit a lot of wear/tear and are very dusty/dirty. Noticed some deep gashes in the overhead carry-on compartments and several areas where the pieces of steel broken from where the seats are secured. Magazine bags dirty with threads hanging from them. Returning from Houston, I was assigned seat 3A, but someone had already been given this seat. The attendant moved me to a seat by the door, unfortunately this was awkward for myself having muscular deficits, so once everyone had boarded the FA moved me.

Continental Airlines customer review :  3 August 2011 by G Gaeffke (USA)

Trip Rating : 2/10

PHL to Houston to Cancun but left PHL late since they had to replenish the oxygen. We kept being told we would arrive on time into Houston, however we had lost our take-off slot. In Houston the doors opened 15 mins before the Cancun flight was supposed to take off. Being at the back of the plane it took some time to get out, Ran through the airport to be told our seats had been given to standby passengers. We were given hotel and food vouchers but then they came up with the idea to fly us to Corzumel. Were told our luggage would be on that flight but it did not arrive and has still not be traced according to their website. Continental offered money for clothes but it far from ideal.

Continental Airlines customer review :  3 August 2011 by Samuel Muransky (Slovakia)

Trip Rating : 7/10

FLL-EYW on Beechcraft operated by Gulfstream International Airlines. Aircraft was OK taking into account it's 19-seater, staff could be better both on ground and on board (first officer seemed like he didn't want people on board). There is no service since it's only 50 mins long flight and there are no flight attendants. Not bad, but could be better.

Continental Airlines customer review :  2 August 2011 by S Kapec (USA)

Trip Rating : 0/10

A direct flight from Newark to Phoenix. Arrived at the airport 5:30AM. Checked in and booked baggage day before. All we had to do at Newark Airport was give them our luggage. The Continental employee told us to go to the outside skycap for checking baggage. It was a long line. We waited so long, we were locked out of our flight. No one cared. We finally got baggage put through inside (after much stress). We raced to the flight and missed it by a minute. Customer Service did book us on a later flight but did it unwillingly. Everyone at Continental was rude. We missed a whole day of vacation. I will never fly Continental again.

Continental Airlines customer review :  2 August 2011 by Ashraf Shirazi (France)

Trip Rating : 0/10

The flight to France was delayed for 6 hrs at Newark airport. There were no satisfying explanation given to passengers. The $6 food voucher came 3 hrs later when most restaurants were about to close. We needed a wheel chair that never showed up. We were denied pillow and blankets for my elderly, diabetic mother after waiting in the airport for 7 hrs. The staff left the desk unattended to avoid answering the passengers. The list goes on and on.

Continental Airlines customer review :  1 August 2011 by I Goriouchov (Belgium)

Trip Rating : 7/10

BRU-EWR-BRU was fairly good, in-flight entertainment was nice. Plane looked new and clean, legroom was sufficient, food was ok, although cabin crew seemed to be a little indifferent.

Continental Airlines customer review :  31 July 2011 by Oscar Miranda   (Costa Rica)

Trip Rating : 0/10

San Jose-Anchorage-Vancouver-San Jose. To get to ANC I had to connect on Denver, that flight after being delayed for more than 4 hrs, without any explanation was cancelled, the Gate Attendant only told that us your flight was cancelled, this is the phone number for all of you to call Reservations Dpt. When I called Reservations they offered me a flight that departed DEN 2 days after. I had to buy a new ticket with a different airline, at that time only First Class was available so I paid more for that portion of the trip than I had paid for the rest of my itinerary. As I didn't use the rebooked flight, they cancelled the rest of my reservation so the day that I was coming home was a total headache to get seats. Again, without any notice they decided to change the aircraft, and this new one didn't have the "C" seat position in Economy class, therefore it departed with more than 1 hr of delay while the Gate Attendants manually found seats for the passengers that originally had seats on that position.