Best Economy Class Seats

Saudi Arabian Airlines

"budget airline at premium prices2

Verified Review | Manila to Jeddah with Saudi Arabian Airlines and the airline lived up to its reputation. Paid Business class prices and got nothing more than a bigger seat. The inflight entertainment did not work. The priority boarding did not happen. Luggage came off the aircraft Last. 1 hour 30 minutes after landing at Jeddah. Sadly I fly a lot with this company as they are the only option from Jeddah on my routes and it is always the same. Last flight my seat was broken. Budget airline at premium prices.
RouteMNL to JED
Date FlownJuly 2016

"have to improve the Customer Service"

Verified Review | I flew on Saudia last year in September from Toronto to Karachi via Jeddah. Flight was smooth with no issues at all. Cabin Crew were friendly and helpful. All went fine until we reached Jeddah. My layover was about 6 hours. Waiting Lounge was so full that you would hardly find a seat. I was looking for a Saudi Arabian Airlines counter to get a free meal Voucher since the layover was quite long. But to my surprise there was no such counter after clearing security. I wanted to talk to a supervisor but an employee informed me that I had to go out of the airport to reach the office. Staff at the airport were rude. I fly on Emirates and Etihad and find their facilities/staff are much more cooperative then at Jeddah Airport. Saudia really have to improve the Customer Service aspect to earn any good ratings.
RouteYYZ to KHI via JED
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"recommend if you short on budget"

Verified Review | I flew to Madrid from Mumbai via Riyadh with Saudi Arabian Airlines. I chose this flight as it was comparitely cheaper and had a short lay-over time. The planes were a bit old and not well maintained. But the flight was very smooth and didnt have any major turbulence. The food was excellent as it was Indian food. Also, the flight was mostly on time for all the routes except a 30 min delay which was eventually covered up. Cheap and less cancellation or rescheduling fees. great Indian Food, good Entertainment Options. Aircraft interior was not maintained well. Would recommend if you are short on your budget and if you get a less layover time.
RouteMAD to BOM via RUH
Date FlownJune 2016

"expected much more"

(Saudi Arabia)

It was a pretty decent flight from Jeddah to Dammam with Saudi Arabian Airlines. It was only a 2 hr flight and it landed 10 mins early. Seats were very good. The IFE was not working properly and the aircraft was very poorly maintained. It had the safety card of another aircraft and some seats did not even have the monthly magazine. A juice and sandwiches were served which were OK. The crew were very friendly. Overall I expected much more from this flight.
AircraftBoeing 777-200ER
RouteJED to DMM
Date FlownMarch 2016

"had a very great time"

Verified Review | Lahore to New York via Riyadh and Jeddah. I read all the reviews about Saudia Airlines which were not so good, but still decided to board this flight with my family as the tickets were comparatively cheaper than every other airline. To my astonishment, I had a very great time with Saudia Airline. Flight from Lahore to Riyadh and then from Riyadh to Jeddah was just ok. Screens were turned off in respect of the people going for Hajj which is great. And then from Jeddah to New York was an excellent quality plane and with bigger screens and more seat space than Emirates. The best thing about this airline is that you get your Pakistani/Indian Style food. Every one has its own preference. So if you like Pastas, Noodles, and many other dishes then you might prefer other airlines. But if you are a simple person whom likes simple desi food, then this airline is best for you. Many seats were empty so I had full 3 seats to use. I had the best mango juice of my life here. And a lot of fruit and sandwiches were also provided. I just know about my experience and I enjoyed a lot. I would say, this airline is not that much bad which these reviews express.
RouteLHE to JFK via RUH/JED
Date FlownNovember 2015

"satisfied with this flight"

(Saudi Arabia)

Jeddah to Washington DC was my first long haul flight with Saudia since 2009, I was amazed with the big change and development. We had a delay of 30 minutes prior to departure that was caused by immigration for some of the passengers, and the captain apologised to the passengers. The seat in the economy class was comfortable, clean toilets during the flight, we had 2 meals in the flight - breakfast after departure and Lunch 2 hours before landing and a choice of snacks and juice provided inbetween beside the galley. IFE has a lot of choices, latest Hollywood movies, documentary movies, Arabic and foreign programs and films in different languages. I got my seafood meal as requested in the booking online, I purchased a 15 minuets in-flight internet that costs 5USD, and the speed looks good to me. Overall I was satisfied with this flight.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 ER
RouteJED to IAD
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"enjoyable and comfortable"

(Saudi Arabia)

I have found the trip from Jeddah to Los Angeles to be very enjoyable and comfortable. I really recommend the airlines for anyone trying to travel to Saudi Arabia. The only thing i find annoying is the chess game for seating, that we play everytime before the aircraft take off, especially for families. I think in future ground services should choose seats for them next to each other instead of wasting the time before the aircraft take off.
RouteJED to LAX
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"excellent service all round"

Saudi Arabian Airlines from London to Jeddah, and returning was from Medina to Londonv ia Jeddah. We were a four passenger and we loved every single minute with airline. Brand new plane, an excellent service all round. In both legs of our journey plane was on time. I will fly With this airline in near future.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 ER
RouteLHR to JED
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"I was pleasantly surprised"

London to Jeddah with Saudi Arabian Airlines and after reading the reviews I was pleasantly surprised. Going out was an older aircraft but coming back was a very new one with full reclining beds. Food was great. Jeddah airport is chaos and boarding was very slow as they recheck everyone's visa again before allowing you on one of the buses. The inflight entertainment isn't of the standard you would expect on other airlines and as mentioned before, the censorship is bizarre. They had blurred out the knees of a girl in an American comedy but in my hotel in Jeddah they were showing fifty shades of grey uncensored! Go figure.
RouteLHR to JED
Date FlownMarch 2016

"long-haul flights are great"

(Saudi Arabia)

New York to Riyadh, and as a loyal member of the Alfursan program, I know which Saudi Arabian Airlines flights I'll be enjoying, and which ones I won't. As a general rule, Saudi long-haul flights are great while short-hauls are more often hit or miss. Saudi Arabian Airlines newer aircraft such as the Boeing 777s and A330s are in very good condition and the seats are among the best in the sky, older aircraft may or may not be as good. The only problems I seem to always have are the absence of priority lanes when boarding, the very heavily censored IFE (ridiculously I'd say), and the crew's relaxed enforcement of safety precautions. I enjoy traveling to Europe and North America on Saudia, not so much when on other routes.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER