Top 100 Airlines

Saudi Arabian Airlines

"had a very great time"

Verified Review | Lahore to New York via Riyadh and Jeddah. I read all the reviews about Saudia Airlines which were not so good, but still decided to board this flight with my family as the tickets were comparatively cheaper than every other airline. To my astonishment, I had a very great time with Saudia Airline. Flight from Lahore to Riyadh and then from Riyadh to Jeddah was just ok. Screens were turned off in respect of the people going for Hajj which is great. And then from Jeddah to New York was an excellent quality plane and with bigger screens and more seat space than Emirates. The best thing about this airline is that you get your Pakistani/Indian Style food. Every one has its own preference. So if you like Pastas, Noodles, and many other dishes then you might prefer other airlines. But if you are a simple person whom likes simple desi food, then this airline is best for you. Many seats were empty so I had full 3 seats to use. I had the best mango juice of my life here. And a lot of fruit and sandwiches were also provided. I just know about my experience and I enjoyed a lot. I would say, this airline is not that much bad which these reviews express.
RouteLHE to JFK via RUH/JED
Date FlownNovember 2015

"satisfied with this flight"

(Saudi Arabia)

Jeddah to Washington DC was my first long haul flight with Saudia since 2009, I was amazed with the big change and development. We had a delay of 30 minutes prior to departure that was caused by immigration for some of the passengers, and the captain apologised to the passengers. The seat in the economy class was comfortable, clean toilets during the flight, we had 2 meals in the flight - breakfast after departure and Lunch 2 hours before landing and a choice of snacks and juice provided inbetween beside the galley. IFE has a lot of choices, latest Hollywood movies, documentary movies, Arabic and foreign programs and films in different languages. I got my seafood meal as requested in the booking online, I purchased a 15 minuets in-flight internet that costs 5USD, and the speed looks good to me. Overall I was satisfied with this flight.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 ER
RouteJED to IAD
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"enjoyable and comfortable"

(Saudi Arabia)

I have found the trip from Jeddah to Los Angeles to be very enjoyable and comfortable. I really recommend the airlines for anyone trying to travel to Saudi Arabia. The only thing i find annoying is the chess game for seating, that we play everytime before the aircraft take off, especially for families. I think in future ground services should choose seats for them next to each other instead of wasting the time before the aircraft take off.
RouteJED to LAX
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"excellent service all round"

Saudi Arabian Airlines from London to Jeddah, and returning was from Medina to Londonv ia Jeddah. We were a four passenger and we loved every single minute with airline. Brand new plane, an excellent service all round. In both legs of our journey plane was on time. I will fly With this airline in near future.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 ER
RouteLHR to JED
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"I was pleasantly surprised"

London to Jeddah with Saudi Arabian Airlines and after reading the reviews I was pleasantly surprised. Going out was an older aircraft but coming back was a very new one with full reclining beds. Food was great. Jeddah airport is chaos and boarding was very slow as they recheck everyone's visa again before allowing you on one of the buses. The inflight entertainment isn't of the standard you would expect on other airlines and as mentioned before, the censorship is bizarre. They had blurred out the knees of a girl in an American comedy but in my hotel in Jeddah they were showing fifty shades of grey uncensored! Go figure.
RouteLHR to JED
Date FlownMarch 2016

"long-haul flights are great"

(Saudi Arabia)

New York to Riyadh, and as a loyal member of the Alfursan program, I know which Saudi Arabian Airlines flights I'll be enjoying, and which ones I won't. As a general rule, Saudi long-haul flights are great while short-hauls are more often hit or miss. Saudi Arabian Airlines newer aircraft such as the Boeing 777s and A330s are in very good condition and the seats are among the best in the sky, older aircraft may or may not be as good. The only problems I seem to always have are the absence of priority lanes when boarding, the very heavily censored IFE (ridiculously I'd say), and the crew's relaxed enforcement of safety precautions. I enjoy traveling to Europe and North America on Saudia, not so much when on other routes.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteJFK to RUH
Date FlownOctober 2015

"poor inflight meal"

(Saudi Arabia)

Saudi Arabian Airlines flight from Medina to Riyadh was more than an hour late. Poor inflight meal on all domestic flights. Seats comfortable for sitting and was even able to take a nap. Crew were helpful and aircraft seemed to be new. No IFE system at all on the flight from Medina to Riyadh.
RouteMedina to Riyadh
Date FlownDecember 2015

"would certainly fly again"

I fly regularly between Dubai and Riyadh but this was the first time on Saudi Arabian Airlines and I was apprehensive given the press they had received. However, I was pleasantly surprised as the aircraft, although a little aged, was clean, well maintained, comfortable and on time (departure and arrival). The online check-in was smooth with no issues. Boarding was a little slow but that was more down to overly laden passengers than any fault of the cabin crew. The crew were polite and attentive even with a full meal service in a 1.5 hour flight. The economy seats were very comfortable. The breakfast was an omelette with mushrooms and caremelised onions which was edible - just! Although I don't know many airlines at all that can produce a righteous omelette for economy class breakfast so SV get a "pass" on that one. The economy seats were very comfortable in faux leather and the pitch was way better than EK or FZ. Went to the toilet prior to landing and all was clean, tidy and as it should be. All in all, I would certainly fly Saudi Arabian Airlines on this sector again.
AircraftA320-200
RouteDubai to Riyadh
Date FlownNovember 2015

"On board service recommended"

Damman to Dubai in economy class with Saudi Arabian Airlines after connecting from KLM flight from Amsterdam. Transfer process at Damman virtually nonexistent and poorly organized, clearly not a common transfer point. No boarding announcement made, Sky Priority and elite status lane not properly enforced. However, boarding was quick and flight fairly empty. Crew managed a full hot meal service including metal cutlery on a 45 minute flight - an impressive feat, though a bit silly and impossible to properly enjoy. Crew were friendly and efficient, though not Saudi and few appeared to speak Arabic which may have been frustrating for many passengers on board. Aircraft a bit dated but clean, flight on time. On board service recommended, but transferring in Saudi is an exercise of patience.
RouteDMM to DXB

"really surprised us"

(Turkey)

Istanbul to Johannesburg via Jeddah, and Saudi Arabian Airlines really surprised us. Planes were on time both from Istanbul and also from Jeddah . Cabin crew delivered good service all the way with a smile. The planes were clean, IFE only available on the Jeddah to Johannesburg flight. I would fly with them again.
AircraftA320 / Boeing 777-200