Top 100 Airports

Saudi Arabian Airlines

"pleasant flight attendants"

Verified Review | Paris to Mumbai via Jeddah. Surprisingly, the new Boeing 787 was full, as Jeddah seems to be used as a hub, offering good connections to Manila or Colombo (no flight to Ryiadh today). Smiling crew, IFE quite easy to use, and average food, but as a Skyteam frequent flyer, I have my dinner in the lounge. Despite the long connection time, a good experience although the Boeing 777 used on the JED-BOM segment has known better days (once again, pleasant flight attendants).
RouteCDG to BOM via JED
Date FlownJuly 2016

"the experience was good"

London to Riyadh in economy. Daytime flight on a B777-368. Check-in was reasonably fast but was unhappy to see a Saudi being pulled out of the line to check in before others. Don't expect that at Heathrow and, in the absence of a disability or great age (and it was), the airline should be ashamed of the staff who did this. The flight itself was pretty much on time and uneventful. Had a bulkhead seat and discovered that there were no power points (or at least none that I could find). Special meal ordered and delivered. As on the outbound flight, the meal was fine but could have been a bit more substantial. There was turbulence over the Alps and the pilots appeared to be making course alterations to minimise it. The plane skidded a bit on landing and there appeared to be no cross wind. Apart from the check in experience, the experience was good. Would I use again? Yes.
RouteLHR to RUH
Date FlownJuly 2016

"portions could have been larger"

Flew Riyadh to London in economy class. Check-in was a breeze and far quicker than expected on the day before Eid. Boeing 777 which was two years old, as opposed to BAs aircraft on this route which are over 15 years old. The flight left within 30 minutes of the planned departure. It was a morning flight and food (lunch) was served about an hour and a half after take-off. Did not use the IFE as I find the screens too small and the headphones terrible. Did like the at seat USB power port. Special meal ordered and this was delivered. The meal was fine but the portions could have been larger. Apart from meal service, I had no interaction with the cabin crew but they did bid me a friendly goodbye on leaving. The toilets remained reasonably clean throughout. The only negative comment I would make is that the crew closed the shades after lunch so that some people could sleep. This was a daytime flight, so perhaps those that wanted to sleep should have been given eye shades. The luggage only arrived at the belt after about 45 minutes of waiting (after the immigration rituals) - that was not down to Saudia, but to good old Heathrow. Would I chose Saudi Arabian Airlines again? Yes.
RouteRUH to LHR
Date FlownJuly 2016

"a very nice dinner was served"

Verified Review | Jeddah to Dubai. I had done online check in and printed my boarding pass. As I had no luggage I was able to go straight ot the gate and thus avoid the terrible status of Jeddah airport, something I never relish. The state of the airport is shameful and I could not find any power outlet to charge my phone. WiFi was non existent. Luckily all of this was sorted out in flight. The plane had power at each and every seat and the rear part of the cabin was totally empty. We took off right on time and a very nice dinner was served giving us a choice of 3 options in economy which included lamb, chicken and fish. service was good and IFE was not bad either. The best part was the prayer room at the rear end which was really helpful for those who wanted to pray. We landed on time and sadly it took us over an hour to come out of busy busy Dubai airport.
RouteJED to DXB
Date FlownAugust 2016

"plane was not wholly clean"

(Tunisia)

Verified Review | Tunis to Kuala Lumpur via Jeddah. The plane was not wholly clean. I was glad to see a prayer space on-board but it was small and unclean. Flight attendants were not smiley, no PTV screen. Jeddah Airport was chaos, no direction signs, staff were not helpful, only one restaurant and one café. Employees were shouting at an African family in the gates area. Plane was far from the terminal and we needed to use a bus in to reach the aircraft.
RouteTUN to KUL via JED
Date FlownDecember 2015

"budget airline at premium prices2

Verified Review | Manila to Jeddah with Saudi Arabian Airlines and the airline lived up to its reputation. Paid Business class prices and got nothing more than a bigger seat. The inflight entertainment did not work. The priority boarding did not happen. Luggage came off the aircraft Last. 1 hour 30 minutes after landing at Jeddah. Sadly I fly a lot with this company as they are the only option from Jeddah on my routes and it is always the same. Last flight my seat was broken. Budget airline at premium prices.
RouteMNL to JED
Date FlownJuly 2016

"have to improve the Customer Service"

Verified Review | I flew on Saudia last year in September from Toronto to Karachi via Jeddah. Flight was smooth with no issues at all. Cabin Crew were friendly and helpful. All went fine until we reached Jeddah. My layover was about 6 hours. Waiting Lounge was so full that you would hardly find a seat. I was looking for a Saudi Arabian Airlines counter to get a free meal Voucher since the layover was quite long. But to my surprise there was no such counter after clearing security. I wanted to talk to a supervisor but an employee informed me that I had to go out of the airport to reach the office. Staff at the airport were rude. I fly on Emirates and Etihad and find their facilities/staff are much more cooperative then at Jeddah Airport. Saudia really have to improve the Customer Service aspect to earn any good ratings.
RouteYYZ to KHI via JED
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"recommend if you short on budget"

Verified Review | I flew to Madrid from Mumbai via Riyadh with Saudi Arabian Airlines. I chose this flight as it was comparitely cheaper and had a short lay-over time. The planes were a bit old and not well maintained. But the flight was very smooth and didnt have any major turbulence. The food was excellent as it was Indian food. Also, the flight was mostly on time for all the routes except a 30 min delay which was eventually covered up. Cheap and less cancellation or rescheduling fees. great Indian Food, good Entertainment Options. Aircraft interior was not maintained well. Would recommend if you are short on your budget and if you get a less layover time.
RouteMAD to BOM via RUH
Date FlownJune 2016

"expected much more"

(Saudi Arabia)

It was a pretty decent flight from Jeddah to Dammam with Saudi Arabian Airlines. It was only a 2 hr flight and it landed 10 mins early. Seats were very good. The IFE was not working properly and the aircraft was very poorly maintained. It had the safety card of another aircraft and some seats did not even have the monthly magazine. A juice and sandwiches were served which were OK. The crew were very friendly. Overall I expected much more from this flight.
AircraftBoeing 777-200ER
RouteJED to DMM
Date FlownMarch 2016

"had a very great time"

Verified Review | Lahore to New York via Riyadh and Jeddah. I read all the reviews about Saudia Airlines which were not so good, but still decided to board this flight with my family as the tickets were comparatively cheaper than every other airline. To my astonishment, I had a very great time with Saudia Airline. Flight from Lahore to Riyadh and then from Riyadh to Jeddah was just ok. Screens were turned off in respect of the people going for Hajj which is great. And then from Jeddah to New York was an excellent quality plane and with bigger screens and more seat space than Emirates. The best thing about this airline is that you get your Pakistani/Indian Style food. Every one has its own preference. So if you like Pastas, Noodles, and many other dishes then you might prefer other airlines. But if you are a simple person whom likes simple desi food, then this airline is best for you. Many seats were empty so I had full 3 seats to use. I had the best mango juice of my life here. And a lot of fruit and sandwiches were also provided. I just know about my experience and I enjoyed a lot. I would say, this airline is not that much bad which these reviews express.
RouteLHE to JFK via RUH/JED