Airline of the Year

Saudi Arabian Airlines

"much better than expected"

Verified Review | Manchester to Jeddah return. The experience was much better than expected. The airline have to focus on staff customer care training if it wants to compete with likes of Emirates. The aircraft were good. The entertainment system was average. Food was fine and comfort was good. I also took a domestic Saudia flight from Madinah to Jeddah and this was delayed for over 4 hours. That put me off although delays do happen with all airlines. I will use this airline again but wont be my first preference.
RouteManchester to Jeddah
Date FlownApril 2017

"frequently delaying flights"

(Saudi Arabia)

Verified Review | Saudi Arabian Airlines is frequently delaying flights by 2+ hours especially from Dammam to Jeddah and vice versa. Flight gets delayed, then the boarding time crosses the departure time and then they announce boarding. I mean what's going on? Is this really meeting modern standards? You can't even avoid it as other airlines are even worse than this.
RouteDammam to Jeddah
Date FlownApril 2017

"Overall I had good experience"

(Saudi Arabia)

Verified Review | We flew from Jeddah to Geneva the flight was full, we had around 30 minutes delay. The cabin crews were so helpful, the flight was around 5 hours and we had only one meal at the beginning as breakfast and snacks before landing. The seats were in good size and comfortable, inflight entertainment were updated and has some new Hollywood movies. Overall I had good experience.
RouteJeddah to Geneva
Date FlownMarch 2017

"crew seemed to be tired"

(Saudi Arabia)

Unverified | Saudia flight SV1043 was from Riyadh to Jeddah on on Airbus 330-300. We departed late due to late arrival of aircraft. No entertainment system on-board. We were served by a cold sandwich and tea/coffee. The crew seemed to be tired but tried to hide that. The ground services and airport facilities in King Khalid International Airport are excellent.
AircraftA330-300
RouteRiyadh to Jeddah
Date FlownMarch 2017

"asked us to sit somewhere else"

(Saudi Arabia)

Verified Review | Jeddah to Dammam. Seat assignment on my boarding pass meant nothing as the assigned seat is not yours until you physically sit on it. Very bad experience on flight SV1114 from JED to DMM. A couple of people took our assigned seats and refused to move. The crew did nothing to move the couple. After 15 minutes of waiting for them to do the right thing, they asked us to sit somewhere else. In addition to the above, the entertainment system on my seat kept freezing.
RouteJeddah to Dammam
Date FlownMarch 2017

"seats were very comfortable"

(Qatar)

Verified Review | Flew from Doha to Jeddah. I selected Saudi Arabian because they were part of the SkyTeam Alliance and their business class fare was unbeatable, but I was pleasantly surprised on how good their business class was. The seats were very comfortable and wide, their entertainment system though dated with much older programs worked quite well and had a few classics. There were three meal choices on the outbound flight, I choose the Chicken with mushroom sauce, the portions were generous and the flavor was good. The cabin staff were not overly friendly but not bad, the return plane was a newer A320 with somewhat larger screens and more choices on the entertainment system. Breakfast was served with a very bland omelette I am afraid to say, but I can't complain as I saved a lot on the choice and I would always put them first on this route.
RouteDoha to Jeddah
Date FlownMarch 2017

"do not plan flying them again"

(South Africa)

Verified Review | Manila to Johannesburg via Jeddah. While Saudi may have the lowest fare, be prepared to feel the difference. Our 10+ hour flight had no entertainment. Wifi as a substitute was not offered to economy class passengers. We were not provided any toiletries, eye masks, toothpaste etc. The food options for dinner were fish or tofu. Jeddah airport itself is awful and the ground staff are rude (side note if you are a smoker there is only a smoking area available to first or business class passengers and the ground staff). If you do decide to fly with them try to get a layover of less than 3 hours. I've had a total of 4 flights with the airline thus far and I do not plan flying with them again.
RouteManila to Johannesburg via Jeddah
Date FlownMarch 2017

"new lounge policy is nonsense"

(Saudi Arabia)

Verified Review | Jeddah to Riyadh with Saudi Arabian Airlines. New lounge policy for Gold Al Fursan members for domestic flights is just a nonsense. You cannot even have your kid with you, you are allowed but not your children. Better just to stop the service or change the name of the lounge.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteJeddah to Riyadh
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"everything was top-notch"

Verified Review | Toronto to Kuwait via Riyadh. I absolutely loved my experience. Huge movie selection, comfortable seat, nice cabin staff, great food, everything was top-notch to me. I'd definitely fly with Saudia again! The price of the ticket was also beyond incredible for the length of the trip. People must keep an eye on this airline for it has incredible price deals!
RouteToronto to Kuwait via Riyadh
Date FlownApril 2016

"Cabin crew: nice, efficient and smiling"

(Italy)

Verified Review | I knew Saudia was part of Skyteam, so when I saw this Milan - Kuala Lumpur - Singapore - Milan flight at an incredibly low price I instantly booked. Then, as the departure date approached, I gave a look to the reviews and I got quite alarmed from the amount of negative ones. Now, after 4 flights, I decided to spend a few minutes to write a review, which I don't usually do, but I feel the company fully deserves it: Booking was quick and easy, no problem whatsoever. A320 for the short flight, Boeing 777ER for the long leg. Both new, clean, in perfect condition. True, the A320 didn't have the personal screen but there is a wifi service, working with a dedicated app, with a great selection of movies, games, flight info etc. Cabin crew were nice, efficient and smiling. Food was very good, far better than most European companies and definitely than all American ones. Aircraft were perfectly clean, unfortunately its other passengers that don't know how to use a bathroom! Crew were even entering the toilets from time to time to flush and to spray some perfume. Flight punctuality just perfect, we even landed 15 mins ahead of schedule in MXP. Leg room: unless you're a NBA player you'll have plenty. All in all, I found Saudia far better than any American company I've flown with, and easily at the level of the various BA/AF/KLM and at half the price, though. The only problem can be the layover in Jeddah, more than 2-3 hours in that place can be very taxing. Apparently, a new airport is bound to open but it's unclear when. However, this isn't Saudia's fault. (Ps. they even give you meal vouchers to use at JED, I've rarely seen other companies do so).
AircraftA320, Boeing 777ER