Emirates

Review by (United Kingdom) 29th June 2015

A very bad journey. We took flight from Glasgow to Dubai, when we arrived to Dubai airport our boarding pass was taken away by one of the Emirates staff and gave us new boarding pass without any information given - when we asked them, we have been told that our connecting flight from Dubai to Delhi has been cancelled. The cabin crew on flight were fantastic.
RouteGlasgow to Delhi via Dubai

Review by (United Kingdom) 29th June 2015

Our flight to Dubai was delayed by 2 hours and Emirates didn't seem to care. We had one notification that our flight will delayed by 2 hours and not a word since. Staff appeared not experienced, disinterested and rather tired to serve. The cabin looked outdated and they run out of specific food although we were seated towards front of the aircraft. When our luggage was misplaced at Dubai airport, nobody had a clue what happened to it or where should we go. Waiting with 3 kids at the airport for over 2 hours wasn't fun.
RouteMoscow to Phuket via Dubai

Review by (India) 28th June 2015

Travelled on this very busy sector in middle of June 2015. The Check in process was smooth and I was given an easy access since was carrying an infant. I pre booked the seats and had booked for a bassinet seat and was duly accorded. Security and Immigration was smooth and fast. Aircraft seemed a little old but was clean. Seats were very narrow and had a limited pitch. However on account of us having a Bassinet seat got enough leg room for this short haul flight. The service was efficient, they took the drinks trolley thrice and served guests each time. The selection was food. Food was good but seemed very inadequate for a full grown adult like me. Departure and arrival timings were perfect. Inflight ICE System was good and had good selection of shows and movies, though the remote seemed a bit unresponsive at times. Overall very satisfied.
RouteHyderabad to Dubai

Review by (Kuwait) 27th June 2015

Flight was good and crew also excellent. Dubai airport a huge airport, but there was no problem in finding the gate and the flight from DXB-KWI was amazing with lot of selection in the entertainment system. Food was excellent and the crew was also good. It was my first time in Emirates as well as the A380
AircraftBoeing 777-200 / A380
RouteKochin to Kuwait via DXB

Review by (United States) 22nd June 2015

JFK-DXB on the A380. Hard product is great, excellent legroom, seats had decent recline and cabin was in good condition. IFE is top of the industry and is the best. Not only do they have a plethora of TV series but they have entire seasons. My biggest gripe about Emirates is the inconsistent service. Some of the flight attendants are wonderful but most of them on this flight were rude and unfriendly. Service was extremely slow and call bells were ignored. They had very terrible attitudes which is appalling. For example, during the breakfast service, a croissant was thrown at my tray because the flight attendant was simply too lazy to lean over a bit. Trays were also left in our tables for over two hours and when I tried to go to the galley and personally put it in the cart, I was met with a shrugged look. Catering was a disappointment and options easily ran out and were unimaginative, not what it used to be. DXB is also a mess and would try at all cost to avoid. Overall, still a decent flight but I would rather fly with another airline.
RouteJFK to DXB

Review by (Italy) 20th June 2015

MXP-JFK-MXP, both in Milan and New York I had to queue much time because I didn't use the web check-in system and aircraft was crowded. Ground service excellent and onboard service as well. During the outbound route crew offered snacks and dinner while on the inbound flight dinner and breakfast with snacks again. For every meal I had two option between a fish or meat and both were good. IFE is very nice with a big variety of films, music, documentaries, radios and so on. Seat were very comfortable although I flew in economy class on a 9 hours flight. Crew polite and available for requests by passenger. Outbound flight departed on time and arrived 20 minutes early in New York while inbound flight to Milan rejected take off so we had 40 minutes delay but we arrived in Milan just 10 minutes after the scheduled arrival time.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteMXP to JFK

Review by (Saudi Arabia) 20th June 2015

Complimentary limo, Check in and LAX Emirates Lounge all excellent. Crew friendly and hard working. Menu has been changed on this route (LAX-DXB), EK listening to the demand of frequent customers. But menu can still be improved. I noticed the entree of Seafood duo was excellent but Seafood duo again reappeared as main, which is odd. Wine selection is good. Overall menu score is 6/10. ICE is superb. A380 is superb. Cleanliness and on-time performance excellent. A good flight where I managed to sleep for 8 hours.
RouteLAX-DMM via Dubai

Review by (Canada) 20th June 2015

This was my 6th flight on the A380 Toronto /Dubai/Toronto route. I had a 12 hour layover in Dubai from Addis Ababa so the airline put me up at their airport hotel providing transport and food vouchers. The hotel service was excellent. Emirates has a special area for layover passengers at DXB airport that have a layover of more than 8 hours. DXB to YYZ was full and crew were very busy. A380 has an excellent entertainment system which has many movies in CC .This is an extreme plus for me since I am deaf. The washrooms were cleaned. The food was excellent with ample choices. Lots of snacks with an open bar! The seat was comfortable even though a fellow passenger hogged up part of my seat territory. There was WIFI but I did not use it. Fellow passengers said that it was spotty. Crew fantastic, cheery and chatty with the passengers. They answered the call button when people used it. Smooth take off and extra smooth landing.
RouteDubai to Toronto

Review by (Malaysia) 19th June 2015

JFK to Dubai with Emirates. Since it was a long flight, I expected a nice sleep but was distracted with a long tantrum from a little kid throughout the flight. The aircraft condition was good, clean. Good flight entertainment but I hope they update the selections. The food is so-so because the bakery were served cold (croissant and bun). The cabin attendant were friendly at first but maybe due to a long flight, they get tired when we were about to land, plus with that little kid. Overall, my journey was not the memorable one. It was because of negative things but not with good impression.
RouteJFK New York to Dubai

Review by (United Kingdom) 19th June 2015

My first experience flying long haul (London-Sydney) with Emirates in conjunction with Qantas, and it has been a really frustrating experience not least an unpleasant one. Right from my 24 hr delayed flight to the customer care or the aftermath of my family vacation to the way both Qantas / Emirates handled my complaint and the treatment has been appalling. Qantas passed this fault to Emirates (operator) and Emirates blamed the airport ground staff for the delay due to a technical fault! Qantas wesbite is not very clear as there is no email contact available to directly liase with whoever's handling my complaint or customer care department. Customer service email is no longer in use, according to the automated response to my online complaint.
RouteLondon to Sydney via Dubai