Top 100 Airlines

Emirates

"never fly Emirates again"

(Malta)

What happened to Emirates? This airline misconnected our baggage on the way back from Bangkok and as a result our one night and day in Istanbul were totally ruined. To make matters worse they have the most disgraceful staff representing them at IST airport. A third party agency whose staff ask "what our problem is?" After waiting 2 hours and only being given 50 dollars to cloth ourselves, no explanation where our baggage is or when it will arrive. On top of this complete disaster the inflight service was terrible, with inexperienced crew having absolutely no idea how to do their job. Will never fly Emirates again.
AircraftBoeing 777 / A380
RouteIST to BKK via DXB

"crew make flying fun"

Verified Review | Easy internet booking, seat selection, and food choice if required. Check in on-line up to 48 hrs before departure, allows for a quicker baggage check in. Chauffeur driven Mercedes to Emirates entrance at Gatwick. Fast track through security is not that fast. Boarding gate is a walk away from the lounge. Priority boarding to top deck of the A380. Greetings at the door. I like seat 16K, mini bar is aisle side giving you well defined privacy, plenty of storage in the stowage below the two windows. The décor, some say bling, suits me. 15 inch screen, with separate tablet, so watch a movie and monitor the flight at the same time. Business class seats have aisle access. Served pre departure drink, with a drinks menu if required. Amenity kits are handed out on night flights, Bvlgary fragrances. On this leg, I elected to forego onboard meal and sleep, and the crew woke me for a meal. 4 hrs sleep and headed to the rear bar area which was buzzing. Food is plentiful in finger picking style. Hennessey XO brandy and other branded spirits. The crew make flying fun. After arriving into Dubai, the lounge is the same, good food and drinks, lift to the boarding gate. Next sector to Mauritius and 7 hours to enjoy another flight.
AircraftA380-800
RouteLGW to MRU via DXB
Date FlownMarch 2016

"staff make a big difference"

Manchester to Bangkok via Dubai with Emirates. The first leg of our journey was great, we had the friendliest stewardess I have encountered she was just lovely and we travel regularly with a number of different long haul airlines. She took time to chat to the passengers - even though the flight was full, kept us topped up with drinks, snacks and meals and even took our photograph, it made the flight fun and go quickly. The plane was clean and although not one of the newest, comfortable and everything worked. On the second leg we were on a new A380, again the staff were friendly and responsive but we slept most of the way. The seats were comfortable and the plane was clean and the food tasty and plentiful. We did the same journey but obviously the other way around on our return to the UK, all fine although a bumpy flight but the staff were not as friendly and it did jade the experience. It just shows that the mood and service you get from the staff on board does make a big difference to the clients overall experience.
RouteMAN to BKK via DXB
Date FlownMarch 2016

"misplacing luggage on both flights"

Verified Review | Never ever fly Emirates if it is outside the Gulf region (they are good only for short distance local sectors in the gulf), especially to Asian cities like Hong Kong, Bangkok or Singapore. My trip to Bangkok and Hong Kong last week was a trauma, or a nightmare I can't get over, with them misplacing my luggage - on both flights - back to back and then in Bangkok it wasn't delivered until I had to leave the country, when I got it from their departure counter just in time to leave the country. In Hong Kong, they misplaced it ("erroneously" according to the response of the customer service staff) only to have it delivered the next day to my hotel. Also, their customer service staff is irrational and do not respond in time to queries unless few email reminders are sent to them. I'd never recommend Hong Kong at all, since Emirates does not have a counter there to attend to baggage misplaced by them, it is outsourced to an agency (Jardine services) who don't speak English properly. Their A380 planes not having a proper recliner seat for many passengers even despite being an 8.5 hour flight.
RouteDXB to HKG via BKK

"dinner was delicious"

Amsterdam - Dubai with Emirates. I had the outbound flight to Dubai in the evening. Diner service started late (about 2 hours after take-off), so it was hard to get a good rest as everyone was walking around and the lights were still on. Dinner was delicious and snacks were available upon request. No pre-arrival snacks/breakfast. FA's were very kind, but a little bit clumsy as well. Forgot to lock the wheels of the drink car. Later, FA dropped a (closed) bottle of water on another passenger. Dubai - Singapore. Plane was filled not even for 50%, so everyone could lie down. Again, breakfast service started late. Food was good. FA's very kind and service was excellent. Singapore - Dubai. Full flight, snacks were served quickly after take-off. However, breakfast service started 3 hours before our arrival in Dubai. Note that the the flight was only 7 hours. It was not really possible to have a good rest. Again, food was good. Dubai - Amsterdam. Good service, good food and diner service commenced on time. IFE extremely good. Many choices and the latest movies/series are available. Free WIFI available, but very slow. Only able to send some text messages (whatsapp, wechat) but unable to use Facebook.
RouteAMS to SIN via DXB
Date FlownApril 2016

"they have picked up on service"

Verified Review | Brisbane to Stockholm via Dubai. I have been flying with Emirates for the last 15 years. I did stop for a couple of years when they went really bad in almost every aspect, but lately they have picked up on service and everything. On my recent flight though there were many things not right again. The service with Emirates is hit and miss. You can get lucky with extremely polite and efficient staff or very unlucky with poor staff. On this trip I experienced both. When a flight attendant replies to guest complaint about the ice cold, ie. not heated food with the answer she could not know I wanted it hot, then there is something severely wrong. Within Asia you will have good staff, within Europe you won't. The new A380 is a pleasure to fly, it is more spacious and new. The second leg of my journey was on an older model, a Boeing 777-300 and that was awful. It is impossible to move, eat, sit or do anything. My worst concern was the disgusting food. Also my folding table was dirty, so they might want to look into cleanliness. The entertaining system is marvelous, but in the older planes many gadgets do not work properly.
RouteBNE to ARN via DXB
Date FlownApril 2016

"flight attendants are friendly"

Verified Review | I've flown with Emirates for the past 4 years and every flight I've taken has been perfect. I travelled Economy London to Sydney via Dubai. The flight's were all on time. The seats for economy are very comfortable and for me plenty of room (I'm about 5'8). The flight attendants are friendly throughout the flight. The thing I look forward the most are the meals which are delicious. I'd recommend joining their rewards program if you use Emirates regularly as you start getting enough points to reach Silver/Gold membership. For me the benefits were, checking in can be done in a separate line or the business class counter, then when boarding members are called to board before everyone else and in Dubai you have access to the business class lounge, makes the economy flight much nicer.
RouteLHR to SYD via DXB
Date FlownMarch 2016

"airline leaves customers stranded"

Verified Review | Horrible airline that leaves customers stranded and out of pocket. My original flight was to depart 4th April from Tokyo Haneda to Brussels via Dubai. I had a connecting Eurostar booked from Brussels to London, which is my final destination. Due to the unfortunate events at Brussels, my flight from Dubai to Brussels was cancelled. However, I was informed (with a lousy text) less than 24hrs before the first leg to Dubai. I then had to contact customer service and spent hours trying to get my flight rerouted. 1st, they wouldn't take me to my final destination which was London, nor did they offer me a reroute to bring me back to Brussels to catch my Eurostar to London. They said my ticket could not be refunded due to ticket class (when they cancelled the flight) so I could not book another flight to get myself home to London. They said the only way I could go to London with Emirates was to top up EUR700, which is ridiculous. They told me to ring back every 2-3 hours to check if I got on a rerouted flight as all forwarding flights from Dubai were overbooked (I was in a completely different timezone, had to wake up every few hours, and less than 20 hours before my first leg was to depart) and they also emphasised that if I arrived in Dubai and was not confirmed on a connecting flight (I'll be in the air, so I wouldn't know till I landed), I will have to cover my own accomodation in Dubai till a connecting flight could be confirmed. Extremely frustrated with the situation, I told them to book me on the first confirmed flight that I could get all the way from Tokyo to Paris, which resulted in me being stranded in Tokyo for 2 additional days. I also had to pay for a new Eurostar ticket back to London as Emirates would not cover it. Adding a cherry to the cake, my luggage did not arrive with me in Paris (which I did attempt to check at Dubai that the luggage did make it to the connecting plane, and I was assured it did). After much arguing, Emirates baggage staff assured me that they will send the luggage to my forwarding address directly in London. Fast forward to 13th April, rang Emirates in the past few days only to find that they didn't know where my luggage was other than it was put on a flight to Heathrow on 8th April. Yesterday, the French office told me to call Heathrow myself to look for it. After arguing with them, they then contacted their UK team and located my bag at the airport. Emirates French office customer service then told me to go to Heathrow T5 Belt XX to collect my delayed luggage. I was infuriated and instead of offering to arrange delivery to me as they had promised on the 6th April, she offered me an email address to contact to try and 'convince them to send it to me'. I don't believe they have adhered to their conditions of carriage in both instances with my cancelled flight and delayed baggage but the airline has not offered me any compensation nor apology and I am still waiting on getting my delayed luggage back from the most incompetent airline.
RouteHND to CDG via DXB

"awful customer service"

Verified Review | Toronto to Trivandrum via Dubai with Emirates - during check-in the Emirates representative was rude and tried to mislead me by saying that I cannot carry my Laptop bag (1 laptop) and my carry on (7kg). I was told I needed to check in my carry on along with my 2 checked bags. My 2 check-in bags were only 10kg each. He scared me saying, I will be charged $150 fee for my carry on bag since I have a laptop bag also. He reiterated only 1 piece of baggage can be carried on board on a A380. Very poor form and service. I didn't expect this from Emirates. I declined his offer and proceeded with my carry on and laptop bag. Nobody stopped me at the gate. Hundreds of other passengers had bigger and heavier bags. Perhaps he took me for a first time traveler but I know the rules and facts. Awful customer service.
RouteYYZ to TRV via DXB
Date FlownNovember 2015

"Emirates seem much improved"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | After traveling on long distances routes with various carriers over the last 5 years I decided to go back and revisit Emirates in the A380 transiting in Dubai. I'm happy I did. Flew Hong Kong to Madrid via Dubai. Emirates seem much improved to me. The upper deck in the A380 is peerless, but there are a number of things that set Emirates apart now, in my opinion. The ground staff and transit interactions in Dubai, at least in Business, are just head and shoulders above anything else. The Business Departures is actually separate and you enter the plane directly from the lounge: stress-free, anyone? No lines, no hassle, no hysteria. The synergy is seamless. I love Cathay and Hong Kong, but they don't have that. JFK or Heathrow? Dream on. I recently had an appalling transit experience with Turkish in Istanbul and I would say this flight on Emirates showed how much more professional and logistically advanced Emirates are than that overrated carrier. Not to mention that the Dubai lounges are huge with great food and smiling staff. On board: again, top service, attentive and unfailingly good-humored. The walnut panelling is really nice, the cabins are soothing and elegant. The inflight screens are huge and crystal clear, wide selection of multi-lingual movies, including new releases from Korea and Japan. Food was superb, and I mean superb. For the first time in years I actually enjoyed the entire experience of a 14 hour flight. Moreover, they offer free limo service in every city you arrive in: they don't botch the reservations and the guys are waiting for you at the gate. What! Given that their prices are average, I would say Emirates now outclass almost every other long distance carrier if we except the Japanese, Korean Air, Singapore and Cathay, and maybe Quantas. But do any of these offer the add ons and extras that Emirates offer? I'll have to try a few of them in the near future. However, for the time being I am switching my allegiance to Emirates because they have cracked the nut on this one. Certainly, going East-West via Dubai there's no competitor.
RouteHKG to MAD via DXB