Emirates

"love their excellent service"

Trip Verified | Muscat to Zurich via Dubai. I love their excellent service on the ground and in the air, the best inflight entertainment system; excellent crew, food and wine on board is superior. I cannot fault them.
AircraftA380 / Boeing 777
RouteMuscat to Zurich via Dubai

"Wonderful cabin crew"

Trip Verified | Zurich to Muscat via Dubai. An excellent trip with Emirates from the chauffeur pick-up in Zurich till arrival at Muscat. Wonderful travel in comfort and style on the A380 and B777. Excellent fast track in Dubai and smooth airport transfer from Gates A to Gates C. No delays and both flights on schedule. Wonderful cabin crew, super friendly and attentive. Food and drinks were great and IFE amazing.
RouteZurich to Muscat via Dubai
Date FlownApril 2018

"Incompetence of check-in personnel "

Trip Verified | Sydney to Christchurch. Incompetence of Emirates check-in personnel that may cost me over $400 On April 8, 2018, my wife and I were travelling on EK412 from Sydney to Christchurch. We were carrying an expensive PC as a gift to our daughter for her graduation from the university that we purchased in Australia and we planned to claim tax refund. It’s a common knowledge (and a common sense, too) that goods need to be produced to a tax refund officer to obtain tax refund. To our knowledge, at Sydney Airport tax refund office is located beyond check-in, immigration and security and I intended to bring the PC there. The box was pretty bulky, and I was told that I had to check it in. It was a natural question that I asked the check-in assistant – how was I supposed to produce it to a tax refund officer if I do that. The junior assistant who was checking us in didn’t know the answer and asked her supervisor by name David. David assured us that producing receipt to a tax refund officer was sufficient to claim tax and that goods don’t need to be necessarily produced if they’re checked in, so we checked the box in along with our luggage. At the tax refund office, the officer requested me to produce the goods besides the receipt, which I was unable to do. The officer then said that I had to produce it to a tax refund officer located before check-in point, of which the airline should have informed me. When I replied that the airline advised me that the good don’t need to be produced to a tax refund officer and producing receipt alone is sufficient to claim tax refund, the officer still accepted my claim but it’s now up to decision of the main office in Canberra, whether I will receive tax refund after not being able to produce the goods. Thus, the incompetence of Emirates check-in personnel in matters of tax refund may cost me over $400 if my claim is ultimately not entertained. What are you going to do about this, Emirates?
RouteSydney to Christchurch

"It was horrible"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Kuala Lumpur via Singapore. Bought Emirates tickets but fly with Qantas and Jestar. Used to fly Emirates and the services was pretty good so we went back to Emirates. Both Qantas and Jestar was ok too but this whole codeshare thing had really ruin our family trip. Ticketing was not transferred properly from one airline to the other airline and we have had to scrumble to find our own way. When customer purchased a ticket from one airline their expectation is solely to that particular airline. Otherwise we could have chosen other airlines. Nearly missed our flight. Treated poorly at counter and was told it was ticketed by another airline so we didn't get to choose seats, food or nothing at all. Essentially a subclass customers. We did not know nor had chosen Qantas and Jestar. Not once heard of Emirates other than paying more and handed to other airline including a budget airline. We have had to carry our infant on hand despite empty seats are available. It was horrible. Totally unacceptable.
RouteMelbourne to Kuala Lumpur via Singapore
Date FlownApril 2018

"terrible and not acceptable"

Trip Verified | Aircraft interior space including food and beverages were more than average. But the service by the ground and cabin crew were terrible and not acceptable. Unbelievably, they do not respond to the guests. They do not say a word other than "commands" to guests. They talk only when they have to instruct guests. I did not hear thank you, welcome, sorry, even when they forgot to distribute food and beverages to us. Not sure it is their culture or lack of company training, but, they looked quite rude to me. Furthermore, older aircrafts we flew with the seats were non reclining, with touch screens where cursors pointed at where I did not touch with a hard to select menu. Delta or other US airlines are much more friendly and polite.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteAtlanta to Dubai via New York JFK
Date FlownApril 2018

"plenty of latest movies to watch"

Trip Verified | London Heathrow to Dubai. Overall an excellent flight. The IFE was superb and plenty of latest movies to watch. I had a window seat and there did feel like there was a lot of room - I think the A380 does it for me. The food was delicious, although my friend and I both wanted the lamb but there was a shortage so were given the chicken with gnocchi - which was very good. The staff on board were very good and helpful.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2018

"Emirates wins by a mile"

Trip Verified | This was an absolutely fantastic experience on Emirates first class from Dubai to Manchester on EK17 on April 8th. Its been a while since I last flew with Emirates. When compared with the likes of British Airways, Etihad and American Airlines, Emirates wins by a mile. Todays flight was excellent. The First class cabin was lovely, the onboard Spa was truly refreshing and spacious. I was well looked after by the head purser on this flight. The food and beverage offer were of high quality, and last but not least, the ICE entertainment was phenomenal - you are literally spoilt for choice. The chauffeur driven services in both destinations were excellent and extremely useful; a superb feature when travelling premium. The only downside is the Wifi connection is slightly slow and sluggish. It is complimentary however when travelling premium. I would recommend flying with Emirates again and cant wait to fly again with them. Well done for a fantastic service!
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteDubai to Manchester
Date FlownApril 2018

"no desire to help and no smile"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Flew Hong Kong to Dubai. In general, the service of Emirates has been bad on my recent experience, that included check-in and in-flight. But what makes its service appalling is not just the no desire to help and no smile, it’s the cabin crew’s attitude of too proud to serve the customers. Honestly, I can withstand bad service from an airline, but an inappropriate attitude is something that prevents me from choosing Emirates again, as I don’t think any customer deserves that.
AircraftBoeing 777-300BR
RouteHong Kong to Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2018

"staff were pleasant and friendly"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Flew Emirates from Bangkok to Zurich via Dubai. After having been on Gold and Silver status on Emirates and having become very dissatisfied with especially the service in business class, I was very hesitant to fly Emirates again. This time (in economy!), I cannot complain at all. Both flights were full full but staff were pleasant and friendly. A nice change from the arrogance the staff often display in business class!
AircraftA380 and Boeing 777-300
RouteBangkok to Zurich via Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2018

"resting on its historic reputation"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Cape Town via Dubai. We chose to experience Emirates based on their reputation, despite taking a longer route via DBX. Apart from the usual issues with the in flight entertainment screen, the flight was fine. Cabin temperature could have been slightly warmer for comfort. The second leg from Dubai to Cape Town on an older 777 was much less than perfect. On one of our seats the overhead light was not working and given this was a night flight needed. Whilst on the stand I reported this to a member of staff who told me that they could not move us to another seat as we were a couple. We had the usual issues with the in flight entertainment screens with random actions and scrolling cursors. The area we were seated in was extremely cold and my wife ended up using four of the airline blankets to try and be warm enough to get some sleep. I went for a walk around the economy area and found in all other areas the temperature was adequate. We appeared to be sat below an air con portal blowing cold air. This affected say ourselves and another dozen or so passengers who could be spotted by their huddled looks with coats and blankets. When I asked about this I was told that “Computer says” it’s 25 degrees. In our zone it was probably about 12 degrees. The member of staff was dismissive. It would have been bad enough if they had agreed but apologised that nothing could be fixed in-flight. I decided to seek the supervisor. In regards to the heating they did accept there was a fault and that staff should have not tried to ignore the issue. On the matter of the overhead light they said that we could have been reseated in row 50 as there was space at take off. They agreed with comments about the issues and the poor customer service. They said they would take immediate verbal action with staff in flight and would file a report regarding my issues at base. They presented me with a business card without names on and an email address to write to. On arrival in Cape Town I sent a comprehensive report to the alleged customer service email on the business card. I received a curt rejection pointing me to the on-line complaints form. Emirates customer complaints response indicates that their target is to respond in 30 days. Having heard nothing before we were heard nothing before we were due to fly back home. On my return via Johannesburg, I asked to speak to the Emirates group side manager, to see if anything had been planned in response to our complaint. After a long period of time the manager informed me that it was with the UK Customer Relations unit and still under investigation. To date still no contact some 37 days later. On the return trip home my wife encountered a problem with a member of staff pointing her finger to get out of the way effectively, without saying a word. Another poor PR exercise was a steward reading a tablet and in the hearing of others selecting a passenger individually and indicating they were a frequent customer and if there is anything I can do for you my name is... My general feeling is that Emirates is resting on its historic reputation. Having flown Qatar Airways they are still maintaining customer services a better standard. In short not worth the effort of flying Emirates!
AircraftA380 / Boeing 777