Emirates

"Emirates disappointed"

Verified Review | Dublin to Denpasar via Dubai. I was expecting something exceptional. The flight from Dublin to Dubai was very average. I was not impressed by the seat comfort but I had 4 seats to myself so this was very pleasant. The entertainment was average with lots of old films which I enjoyed but these could have been better structured and novel. I thought the cabin decor did not look modern. Staff were attentive and pleasant. The flight to Denpasar was crowded in a 777 which had seen better days. No seats free and staff taxed to look after us. No structure of meals was announced so was waiting for food which never came. Video screens were small and I was the lucky one who had the entertainment box at their feet - very uncomfortable. In conclusion, Emirates disappointed. As somebody said, Dubai has got out of control as a hub and standards have slipped. If Emirates want to stay on top, they need to work harder and realise if one takes the eye off the ball, standards slip fast. Just about to enjoy 14 more hours of Emirates.
RouteDublin to Denpasar via Dubai

"service was good"

Verified Review | Manchester to Mauritius return via Dubai. Outbound flight to Dubai was good. Shame the aircraft was on a remote stand on arrival in Dubai but transit to airport was ok. Flight to Mauritius was satisfactory though at times chaotic with cabin crew not very attentive at times, though understandable given full flight. Return flights were much better. Made use of the Business Class Lounge whilst on a 10 hour transit in Dubai which was excellent with great facilities - had to pay GBP 80 for the privilege but it was worth it. Wifi was ok, but very unpredictable at times dependent on how many passengers accessed it. Good to see more allowance available for no charge. No complaints. Emirates are my first choice. Good airline Meals were ok, and service was good.
RouteManchester to Mauritius via Dubai
Date FlownJuly 2017

"surprised at seeing many cuts"

Verified Review | London to Bangkok via Dubai. I hadn't used Emirates for 3 years, and was surprised at seeing many cuts. Business class ticket was admittedly quite cheap versus other airlines, but even at lower price I felt value for money was poor. Seat comfort is not good and doesn't match many others I have flown in 2016/2017. Food okay, but nothing to mark this out as a premium cabin. IFE is good, although in reality it is not much different to the likes of Singapore, Qatar etc, just that they have loads of different languages and many very old films. Dubai Airport is now horrific, I guess reflecting how downmarket Dubai has become, and lounge was no better than sitting at a coffee shop in the main terminal. This was a 1-way ticket, and quite pleased I opted for a very different return route / airline.
RouteLondon to Bangkok via Dubai

"A380 has more leg room"

Verified Review | Dubai to Rome. The A380 has more leg room, more arm room and greater lean back. The onboard entertainment had a fantastic selection of movies, tv shows, and games for all ages. The food was okay, the soft drink was free. There were plenty of toilets on board. They were let down by the Dubai airport terminal 3 which is exclusively Emirates and is sadly under equipped (lack of toilets and seating).
RoutePerth to Rome via Dubai
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"customer service has certainly dropped their game"

Verified Review | Emirates customer service has certainly dropped their game since I last flew with them a few years ago. An overnight flight from Barcelona to Dubai - simple enough request for a toothbrush kit at end of flight to be advised they no longer do this. This is despite being given a kit only 2 weeks prior on a flight from Sydney to Dubai (to which they answered they do as its 'long haul'). Also, the beef option for the dinner meal had far too much salt in it, could not eat it. If you're not an Emirates frequent flyer it seems they do little to try to get you to become one. I'll stick to Qatar Airways in future when flying from Australia abroad, far superior service.
RouteBarcelona to Dubai
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"a meal that I don't eat"

Verified Review | San Francisco to Chenna via Dubai. I had bad experience with the air-host. I was given a meal that I don't eat. Upon requested to change the meal to the one I selected at the time of booking (veggie), the answer provided was that I did not select the meal. Fact is that I did select the meal as soon as I booked my ticket. In fact, later I called up the airline because I was unable to select Infant meal for all the flights and confirmed that my meal is selected. I spoke to the air-host and he replied with a question if I selected the meal. He said he'll check the file and get back. He did not. When questioned, he said he does not have any vegetarian meal. I asked for a fruit. That was my meal for lunch. For breakfast, the air-host asked "What would you like to have (was given 2 choices)". I said the one I selected. He replied that he does not have. I thought they don't have the kind of breakfast I was seeking. I walked up to another hostess without the knowledge of this person and she gave me the veggie breakfast. I was terribly upset, tired with baby on my lap the whole time and hungry. I confronted with him on the flight questioning his conscience of how indifferent he could be. I asked who I should contact for this. His reply was that Emirates does not handle the food and it is a 3rd party company.
RouteSan Francisco to Chenna via Dubai
Date FlownAugust 2017

"look after regular fliers"

Verified Review | Dubai to Manchester. I am Emirates Gold passenger. The A380 business class cabin and service is fabulous, and they always meet expectations. My family love this airline and my son loves the entertainment system. They look after regular fliers very well.
RouteDubai to Manchester

"helpful flight attendants"

(South Africa)

Verified Review | Cape Town to London via Dubai. Friendly, helpful flight attendants as well as staff on the ground. Food is decent. Forgot duty free bag on transit flight and there were no issues retrieving it on flight back home.
RouteCape Town to London via Dubai

"legroom was also good"

Verified Review | Mumbai to Dubai. As we entered the flight we were welcomed ==by the cabin crew. Safety demonstrations done in three languages, English, Arabic and Hindi. The food they served was delicious. The aircraft was clean and the legroom was also good. Always a pleasure to fly with Emirates.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteMumbai to Dubai
Date FlownMay 2017

"conflicting information on baggage"

Verified Review | Chicago to Chennai via Dubai. The flight was standard, with good service from flight attendants. However, the staff at airports gave very conflicting information on baggage weight rules. In Chicago, I was told specifically that my carry on baggage was acceptable. In Dubai I was told that I would have to pay excess baggage fees for 2kg of weight in my bag, which came out to US$58. I had plenty of room in my checked baggage and would have been willing to move some items over, but was not given this option in the first airport on my trip where I checked my baggage in. Airline staff at the second airport were not helpful in explaining where and how to lodge a complaint with the airline.
RouteChicago to Chennai via Dubai