Airline of the Year

Emirates

"meal service was high"

Verified Review | Dubai to London Heathrow. This A380 was relatively a new aircraft. The business class flat bed seats were new and clean. Onboard ICE entertainment system is fantastic. The meal service was high in terms of standards with a large selection of hot and cold courses. . I do recommend the Emirates A380 experience. However, the ground staff at Dubai airport were quite slow and despite the flight leaving in the off-peak time at DXB, there was still a minimal delay.
RouteDubai to London Heathrow
Date FlownMarch 2017

"Emirates forget they have passengers"

Verified Review | Sometimes I think Emirates forget they have passengers. Beautiful aeroplanes but that's where it stops. Got an upgrade to business flying from Birmingham to Dubai but wow did we know we were not a premium flyer. No lounge, no fast track, menu was mediocre and after a 7 hour overnight flight no breakfast. Probably the worst thing though is that feedback can only happen via their forms which they don't answer. The customer service emails don't work. Overall there are more caring airlines at Cathay, Singapore or Qatar Airways. Think twice.
RouteBirmingham to Dubai
Date FlownJune 2017

"First Class was on another level"

Verified Review | Auckland to Sydney. What an amazing experience. My journey started off with an early check-in, quick and efficient as always and relaxation within the Lounge, well stocked with food and beverages. Upon entering I was greeted and made very welcomed, the cabin crew even walked to my suite, 1A. The features of the flight was explained to me from meal service to the famous shower facilities onboard the A380. The meal service was delicious. Privacy within your suite is great, the doors closes with a touch of a button, double shaded windows and the seat was very wide and comfortable at any position. First Class was on another level and I recommend everyone try it at least once. The cabin crew were very attentive. I will definitely fly Emirates long haul to see how consistent their service are, crew and hard product.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteAuckland to Sydney
Date FlownJune 2017

"we'll think twice about flying with Emirates"

Verified Review | Good journey from Manchester to Dubai. Had a 1hr 25min connection time for our flight to Bangkok. When we got to Dubai the plane seemed to take an age to park up, the pilot said that there was a slight delay as waiting for a slot. We stopped, and were bussed off: why does such a modern airport have to bus people off such a large modern aircraft? Eventually got on to our bus. Bus starts up and takes what seems like forever to get to terminal, people around us even joked that we're going straight into town, it just kept driving & driving. I've never been on a plane to terminal bus that long ever. As we got off, an airport official was asked about Bangkok flight and says 'you better run for it!' So we run for it, two adults and a child. Eventually get to the gate hot and sweaty, no time for water or coffee, & angry that we had to run. No explanation as to why we had to run for our connecting flight. We show our stuff and then try to find our way to the plane. Nobody there to help, point the way etc, we had to ask cleaners where the plane was. Got on the plane for another 6.30hrs flight hot, thirsty and angry. The staff on the plane were really nice and gave us some water. We don't fly very often, but when we do we'll think twice about flying with Emirates again.
RouteManchester to Dubai
Date FlownJune 2017

"very good cabin equipment"

Verified Review | Dubai to Hamburg. Great flight The seat spacing was large and cabin furnishings modern and luxurious. The food was high quality. The artificial starry sky and the lighting made the flight very pleasant. The onboard entertainment worked great. The flight attendants were friendly and helpful. I think Emirates distinguishes the very good cabin equipment with many details.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteDubai to Hamburg
Date FlownApril 2017

"Emirates was disappointing"

Verified Review | Dubai to Singapore. Emirates was disappointing compared to Singapore Airline or other major carriers like Qatar Airways. Would not recommend flying with them as they damaged my bag, admitted it, but didn't want to resolve it. I would recommend that you watch out with this airline of damaging your things severely and then absolutely not caring as there's nothing you can do to protect yourself. Very unresponsive staff across the organization which is not ideal. Everything seems like it's done in a backdoor manner.
RouteDubai to Singapore
Date FlownOctober 2016

"both times denied lounge access"

Verified Review | Mauritius to London via Dubai. Very disappointed in Emirates - I believed them to be a premium airline however we upgraded twice to business and both times were denied lounge access. The service onboard was also not great. Emailed customer services but no response as yet. Would not bother flying with them again.
RouteMauritius to London via Dubai
Date FlownJune 2017

"very reliable way to travel"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Another excellent roundtrip with Emirates Amsterdam to Narita via Dubai. Chose the Japanese breakfast and dinner options on flights to/from Narita, and must say that catering out of Narita provides me with the best business class meal I've have had on Emirates since I started using them 4 years ago. Easy to manage my booking online before flying, all flights on time as always, perfect IFE, tidy cabins, good connections in DXB. Flying Emirates is hassle-free is an a very reliable way to travel the globe.
RouteAmsterdam to Tokyo Narita via Dubai

"great way to fly"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | Emirates is an excellent way to fly from Malta to Larnaca. Check in opened two hours before departure, together with fast lane security an invitation to the excellent La Valletta Club lounge was given. This lounge even has an outdoor area where you can view the aircrafts landing and starting. A separate bus was provided to the aircraft where I was welcomed by the international crew. Juice was served before take-off, champagne in the air, then the menues were handed out. A three course menu was served with the possibility to choose between various alternatives. An international variety of wines and other beverages were also available. Landing on time after 2 hrs and 10 minutes. Free complimentary transfer to hotel in Larnaca. I great way to fly.
RouteMalta to Larnaca
Date FlownApril 2017

"everything was very smooth"

Verified Review | Auckland to Sydney with Emirates. From Check-In to Lounge access, everything was very smooth. The Flight Attendents on board was the highlight of my trip home. They were kind and attentive, making sure everything from serving food and drinks to attending small needs was met with a smile. Nothing was too much, which makes this the best crew I have flown with. The Business Class was quite empty, but then it was only a three hour flight on such a large aircraft. Food was delicious, cabin clean and a very private and comfortable seat with plenty of storage. I would not hesitate to fly with Emirates again.
RouteAuckland to Sydney