Emirates

Review by (United Kingdom) 6th July 2015

This was my first flight on the new Emirates A380. We flew Heathrow to Dubai in economy class (then on 777 to Delhi). I've flown on Emirates 777 in economy many times which is probably the best but on the A380 it's another level. My son and I sat in the back row of 4 seats in the front section, the flight wasn't full so we had all 4 seats to ourselves, a bonus. However the seats are wider with more leg room than on 777. The ICE entertainment system is excellent with over 100 movies for a 7 hour flight and the screen is big. The headphones are ok but I recommend taking your own to block out all noise. The service was excellent, maybe because it wasn't a full flight, and the food was good and they were quick with the drinks and made several drinks run throughout the flight. The next leg to Delhi was a 777 so I prebooked the 2 seats together at the back of the plane but when we went to the gate to board we were upgraded to business class, probably because the flight was full or overbooked but another welcome bonus. The business cabin is spacious with seat arrangement 2-3-2, we were in 2 of the middle 3. The seats are cocoon, lie-flat style so I slept this leg but my son stayed awake and enjoyed the Hennessey XO.
AircraftA380, 777
RouteLondon Heathrow to Delhi via Dubai

Review by (India) 4th July 2015

Check-in took over an hour at BOM, despite the best efforts of the ground staff. Boarding was done in sequence and the ground staff ensured passengers didn't get away. Smooth flight, excellent cabin crew, comfortable seating, decent food, and loads of entertainment. Luggage at DXB took over 45 mins to arrive. All in all would still recommend Emirates for the flight journey.
RouteBOM to DXB

Review by (Australia) 4th July 2015

It was a great relief to finally have an excellent crew on this leg. My last 2 flights to BKK return left me so frustrated and very disappointed with Emirates. It's a shame for the airline because when you get an excellent crew, Emirates is a fantastic airline to fly with. Yesterday's crew provided lots of attention towards their passengers. My daughter was in economy on the same flight and agreed on the great service too. Interesting find was that when you book an Emirates flight on Qantas website, the chauffeur service is no longer approved even though it says you're eligible to it! Just be aware.
RouteSydney to Bangkok

Review by (Egypt) 4th July 2015

CAI-DXB, first leg of CAI-MEL with Qantas but this leg operated by Emirates. Check-in at CAI crowded but done professionally. On-time departure. Captain very good at communicating flight status and arrival information. Aircraft was quite new and well kept. Children's meals arrived before others and with suitable choices. Our meals ok but nothing special. Movie selection was a little disappointing compared to previous Emirates flights. I struggled to find something decent to watch. Unfortunately at DXB aircraft was parked ages away from the terminal, which meant a 20 min bus ride. Overall, a pretty good experience but still issues with making the Qantas-Emirates interaction feel seamless, especially at check-in and transit.
RouteCairo to Melbourne

Review by (Cyprus) 3rd July 2015

Our flight (EK028) from Glasgow at about 2 left on the dot. The inflight entertainment was great and the meals were excellent! The cabin crew were friendly and attentive. Drinks service were often. The seat was extremely comfy and the 7.5 hour flight whizzed by! As we arrived at peak time in Dubai we had to wait a bit. (About 20mins). The following flight (SIN-DXB) was about 3 am and was an Airbus 380-800. We got to the gate as it said gate closing athough we didn't leave for another 30mins. We got served breakfast onboard. The flight was cold at the beginning then started to warm up. We had better inflight intertainment than the first flight we arrived in Singapore at about 15.00 (+5hrs from DXB)
AircraftBoeing 777-300 & A380-800
RouteGlasgow to Singapore via Dubai

Review by (Italy) 3rd July 2015

It was my first time on Emirates Business Class and the experience was really good. The cabin crew were quite friendly and made me feel comfortable. The seat was good with numerous features and was surprised to see the big collection of movies. The meal was pleasing - I had pre-ordered a seafood platter, the dessert was good .The fast track security check coupons were useful at the airport.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteBOM to DXB

Review by (Australia) 2nd July 2015

While I did get my value for money, I wouldn't consider flying Emirates again. Ground service at Sydney airport was ok. Check-in was quick and smooth. However, at the gate staff were generally unfriendly and quick to dismiss people. The person managing the gate seemed tired and angry at customers. The plane was clean and quite spacious. The seats were comfortable and the inflight entertainment was very good. There was a very large selection of entertainment. However, the flight was significantly let down by the crew. When boarding, the flight attendant at the door sent me down the wrong aisle. When serving the hot towels, the flight attendant literally threw a towel at me. During the meal service, the flight attendant gave me the wrong order. Instead, she gave me my seatmate's order (and gave my seatmate my order). Additionally during the drinks service, the flight attendant seem bothered when I asked what tea they were offering. Ultimately I thought the crew were inexperienced, tired and annoyed. This was my first flight with Emirates, and it unfortunately has given me a bad impressions of the airline.
RouteSydney to Auckland

Review by (United Kingdom) 29th June 2015

A very bad journey. We took flight from Glasgow to Dubai, when we arrived to Dubai airport our boarding pass was taken away by one of the Emirates staff and gave us new boarding pass without any information given - when we asked them, we have been told that our connecting flight from Dubai to Delhi has been cancelled. The cabin crew on flight were fantastic.
RouteGlasgow to Delhi via Dubai

Review by (United Kingdom) 29th June 2015

Our flight to Dubai was delayed by 2 hours and Emirates didn't seem to care. We had one notification that our flight will delayed by 2 hours and not a word since. Staff appeared not experienced, disinterested and rather tired to serve. The cabin looked outdated and they run out of specific food although we were seated towards front of the aircraft. When our luggage was misplaced at Dubai airport, nobody had a clue what happened to it or where should we go. Waiting with 3 kids at the airport for over 2 hours wasn't fun.
RouteMoscow to Phuket via Dubai

Review by (India) 28th June 2015

Travelled on this very busy sector in middle of June 2015. The Check in process was smooth and I was given an easy access since was carrying an infant. I pre booked the seats and had booked for a bassinet seat and was duly accorded. Security and Immigration was smooth and fast. Aircraft seemed a little old but was clean. Seats were very narrow and had a limited pitch. However on account of us having a Bassinet seat got enough leg room for this short haul flight. The service was efficient, they took the drinks trolley thrice and served guests each time. The selection was food. Food was good but seemed very inadequate for a full grown adult like me. Departure and arrival timings were perfect. Inflight ICE System was good and had good selection of shows and movies, though the remote seemed a bit unresponsive at times. Overall very satisfied.
RouteHyderabad to Dubai