Emirates

"overall a decent experience"

Review by (Germany)

Some delays, but Emirates was overall a decent experience on flight from Munich to Hong Kong via Dubai. Good food option on both legs, nice entertainment system. The seats could be more comfortable, but there is a lot of leg room.
RouteMunich to Hong Kong
Date FlownApril 2015

"service not up to the mark"

Review by (United States)

On our way to Dubai they had the hardest time to get our boarding passes issued. After about an hour they figured out how to issue boarding passes. They still failed to issue boarding passes for both legs. We had to pick up Dubai-Dhaka boarding passes at Dubai. Inflight service was not up to the mark, flight attendants were not friendly, and didn't seem to care much about customer satisfaction. The hotel they provided in Dubai was a bad one.
RouteDhaka to Dallas via DXB
Date FlownAugust 2015

"high expectations were met"

Review by (Sweden)

I had high expectations on my first trip with Emirates and they were met. The food was tasty, I got a voucher for a meal at Dubai Airport. The transfer experience was pleasant. Cabin crew were friendly. Even though flying economy I was addressed by my name. The cabin was in good condition, space and legroom were good. The only thing I can criticize was that entertainment system was not functioning properly on one of the flights, but I slept most of the time and it didn't matter. It is a mystery why Emirates is not rated with 5 stars.
RouteARN to CPT via DXB

Emirates customer review

Review by (United Kingdom)

Poor service with miserable staff. Very poor individual monitor reception (films kept sticking). Very stingy with the drinks trolley (soft drinks too). No snacks were given out. The towels handed out for cleaning your hands were bone dry. In all, a poor experience and the staff did not seem to care, and were simply going through the motions with a bad attitude.
RouteBirmingham to Dubai

Emirates customer review

Review by (United States)

I first traveled with Emirates in March 2015 with my 10 year old son to Dubai. The Business Class service was appalling. The crew strutted around, barely taking orders and being completely inept. They served my son the wrong meal and did nothing to make him feel comfortable. They ended up losing my luggage on arrival, such that I was left with no clothes for the first 24 hours. I decided to give them a second chance and this time all 4 of us, (including my 10 year old and 5 year old), flew from NYC to Dubai and on to Bombay in mid August returning 3 days ago. Once again, the service on board was completely disorganized. On boarding, my 5 year old son's seatbelt had dried food all over it. I asked the steward to clean it and he handed me a warm towel and told me to do it myself. When I asked for my dessert to be given to my 5 year old instead of listening to me the stewardess said, "You only get oreo cookies as dessert with a child's "economy" meal". First off, I had paid $4000 per ticket for our Business Class tickets so the concept of "child's economy meal" didn't arise. I will never fly them again.
RouteNew York to Dubai

Emirates customer review

Review by (United Kingdom)

It's such a shame for the incompetence of their ground staff in johannesburg. I've never seen such shambles in my life. We were flying with our two 8 month old twins and 10 year old son. When we got to Johannesburg airport we already done online check in so just went to check out bags in. We waited right in front of the queue for a half hour because staff didn't know what they were doing then finally we got helped, it took the women another half hour to just check our bags in then she got all worried then told us she made a massive mistake, she put the previous passengers name tags on our bags so she had to change all the name tags. However, 2 bags were already sent down so she said she will go and change those tags. We quickly went to say goodbye to family and rushed through because we were running late due to the bag situation. While standing in the queue for ages at passport control one of the staff came and shouted at us because we holding the flight up I explained to her it was due to their incompetence we were late not ours - she rudely rushed us to the gate and saying one of our bags is at suspicious bags because there's a toy gun or aerosol can in it - neither of those items in it. When we got to the gate 15 mins before departure we were rudely spoken to by the other staff saying that we were kicked off. One of the staff members walked us to get our bags and out of departures lounge to rebook our flight. Then they realise that they put our tags on someone else's bags so two of our bags was missing, and other passengers wouldn't have their bags either. After 3 hrs of trying to locate our bags they finally decided that they think that our bags were on the flight to London. When rebooking our flight for the next day, they wanted to charge us an extra £500 per adult even though it was their fault we missed our flight. After speaking to the supervisor she said the only thing she can do to help us is only charging us a no show fee that was still £160. The next day got to the airport they said they've got us on the stand by 13:50 flight to Dubai so we will have 9 hrs transit in Dubai. When we got to Dubai we had to get our boarding passes for the next flight only to realise then that the staff at Johannesburg decided not to book our 2 infants on the next flight - luckily the staff at Dubai was helpful and helped us to book them on to the flight. The last straw was when our pushchair went missing due to Johannesburg staff incompetence again.
RouteJohannesburg to London via DXB

Review by (Australia)

Very comfortable seats, particularly on the Dublin - Dubai B777-300ER leg (the seats had a built-in massage function). Loved the bar on the Dubai-Melbourne A380 leg. Catering was better from Dubai-Melbourne, some of the meal selections did not translate to tasty meals on the first leg. Staff on both legs were exceptional, very friendly, courteous and nothing was too much of a problem for them. The lounge facilities in Dublin could be improved, however the lounge in Dubai was wonderful. The chauffer service was a nice touch and took the hassle out of getting home from Melbourne Airport. The only other criticism beyond the food (which is a small one) is that the flight display didn't work on the Dubai - Melbourne leg. Would highly recommend business class with this airline.
AircraftB777-300ER and A380-800
RouteDublin to Melbourne via Dubai

Review by (Norway)

Small cramped seats, seat configaration of 3x4x3 is too tight. Food was great for plane food, service was great, entertainment was great, but future flights won't be with Emirates, I need a little room when on long haul.
RouteColombo to Oslo via Dubai

Review by (Australia)

I really want to like Emirates so much but the variable nature of their service just makes the love difficult to give. It's the whole experience from check in at Sydney (the agent was very grumpy about my baggage being 4kgs over and did not like being told that as a Qantas FF I was well within my allowance) to onboard where the crew were nice but just lacked polish. It's a case of Emirates having expanded so swiftly that their staffing standards are haphazard. Small things such as bags with linen from the crew rest area being dumped at the back of the main deck - Just not a good look. Emirates fly from Sydney to where I need to get to globally but just make it difficult to love them.
RouteSydney to Dubai

Review by (New Zealand)

We left Heathrow at 10.15pm, due to arrive in Dubai around 8am, so this is an overnight flight as I see it. So I didn't understand the logic of serving us a full dinner an hour into the flight and then breakfast 2 hours before landing. The cabin lights only went off for about an hour between these times, so overall it was almost impossible to sleep. When we checked in online we (couple with toddler son) were not given 3 seats together but the staff on the ground at LHR managed to talk someone into moving so we ended up together. Service on board was okay, but not up to the standards I have experienced in the past. Overall though, I cannot recommend this airline and flight for this route - if you are staying in Dubai you have had no chance to sleep and therefore you are going to have to manage 2 days awake in a row and probably not have a chance to enjoy your day in Dubai.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Dubai