Best Economy Class Seats

Emirates

"nothing good about this experience"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Bangkok to Newcastle via Dubai with Emirates. This is business class on an industrial scale - literally. Onboard the service feels entirely scripted lacking any sense of personality or personalisation. The business class lounge in Dubai is akin to warehousing premium passengers - a cavernous space with no redeeming features. There was nothing good about this experience. And a queue of 10 for the rest room in a supposed premium lounge area? Really? This is not a premium experience, period. Thankfully I only to have to endure EK on a bi-annual basis. I'm so pleased to be able to reacquaint myself with ANA and Singapore Airlines as my regular flying partners.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 / A380
RouteBKK to NCL via DXB
Date FlownJuly 2016

"I am so angry at Emirates"

Verified Review | Child Escorted service. I am so angry at Emirates. Paid for escorted service on London to Perth via Dubai route, that gives priority baggage only to have the luggage go astray. If this is how Emirates are with under 18's travelling alone and supposedly looked after, it makes you think what service you get for your payment. Now our little one has had to go shopping while very tired to get the basics. Come on Emirates, get into gear.
RouteLHR to PER via DXB
Date FlownJuly 2016

"prefer the comfort of the A380"

Verified Review | Manchester to Kuala Lumpur via Dubai. These were our first Emirates flights. Excellent cabin crew, friendly, attentive and happy to engage with the passengers. Both aircraft were very comfortable, but we prefer the extra smoothness and comfort of the A380. For a couple we recommend the central pair of seats which are positioned together with the mini bar section between the seats and the aisle. The wine selection was excellent and food very tasty and of a high standard. Regular supplies of hot towel throughout the two seven hour flights. The only negative was that I struggled to get the wifi set up, but that is probably down to my ineptitude. I could have requested help there but I didn't as I was into a film at that point. The Emirates lounge at Manchester was very good and is soon to be updated we were told. We were very impressed with the food in all the lounges we used, the KUL lounge was excellent too. There very good quality wines, coffee etc on offer in each lounge. Prior to these Emirates flights our most recent business class flights were from LHR terminal 5 and BA, Emirates offering is many levels higher than our experience there.
AircraftA380 / Boeing 777-300ER
RouteMAN to KUL via DXB
Date FlownJuly 2016

"my worst airline experience"

Verified Review | Emirates just won my worst airline experience. I was supposed to fly the simple Manila-Dubai-Washington route. But instead, I got Manila-Clark airport transfer via bus to get us on a plane there. We then were asked to wait without a clear departure time. Eventually, we left at 2AM after a 8 hour delay. Then they put me on a Dubai-London flight. When asked why this is the case, they tell me that I will fly to London and then wait for another transfer to get on Washington DC flight. Already exhausted finding our bags then moving the bags with us to a different airport and then waiting 8 hours, I told them I just want to wait for the next direct flight to Washington. They tell me I need to talk to the guys in Dubai for they can't do anything. But then upon checking, I find that I have an hour or so to move to the transit gate. At this time, I have no idea when I will arrive in London or Washington. I am now sitting at the Dubai airport to find out that I will have to wait another 4 hours in London. And they are announcing the flight to London need to be boarded. Since my luggage is already tagged through these stops, I am waiting at the gate. But I have to say this is horrible. More so since no Emirates representative is offering an explanation why these arrangements were made. Those that ticketed me in Clark airport in the Philippines was not even an Emirates staff.
RouteMNL to IAD via DXB

"a very nice experience"

(Oman)

Muscat to Singapore via Dubai with Emirates. A very nice experience. Neat cabin, very friendly crew, entertainment package quite impressive. Timely boarding and departure. Flight information update very useful. Online booking, online seat selections, meal preferences, children packages while onboard really showed excellent service.
RouteMCT to SIN via DXB
Date FlownJuly 2016

"Very pleased with the journey"

Verified Review | Frankfurt to Mumbai via Dubai with Emirates. Very pleased with the journey, had a lot of leg space from FRA-DXB on the A380, felt like a lot of room for Economy. The Entertainment options were exceptional; I guess Emirates takes a lot of pride in this. I managed to watch local Indian TV interviews and I managed to catch a glimpse at my Nigerian neigbour who seemed to be watching something local too. So, a wide diversity and variety of IFE. I ordered a Vegetarian Oriental Meal which was just okay. I was expecting something more flavourful. I'd ordered the same on the DXB-BOM leg, but they chose to give me the standard vegetarian option (Paneer lababdar, I think) already available and I was thankful. Both very comfortable flights. The journey back to FRA was even more so. There was WiFi on the flight (so I could literally make a call over Whatsapp from my flight which somehow didn't work at the Mumbai airport). The Jain Meal (BOM-DXB) was excellent and the Asian Vegetarian Meal (DXB-FRA) was okay; I still have memory of the snack (muffin) they provided later - it was that good. I was impressed by how good Emirates is in terms of room space, food, staff, everything. Oh, the views for the morning flight from DXB-FRA over Iran, I think, were simply stunning - white, snow-capped mountains.
AircraftA380 / Boeing 777
RouteFRA to BOM via DXB
Date FlownMarch 2016

"good service, good food and wines"

Verified Review | Dublin to Brisbane via Dubai. I again travelled to Northern Queensland using Emirates / Qantas for a major family event. I left DUB on the late evening flight, supposed to leave at 22.25 but was delayed by 30mins or so because of an off load. Getting to the airport and similarly, on return, the chauffeur pick up worked extremely efficiently. Emirates is still, unfortunately, using the the DAA lounge in DUB. I had hoped, 2 years ago, that when they went to 2 flights per day, they would have their own lounge, like Etihad, but we can still hope. The DAA lounge is extremely basic, with no added frills. I flew in First with Emirates, DUB/DXB/BNE. Then transferring to Qantas Business for the Domestic connection to TSV. Out of DUB, it was very lumpy for the first 3 hours, to the degree that all the cabin crew had to be seated, so I didn't manage to get my evening meal until around 1.30am, by my clock. The 4 flights I had with Emirates in First Class, were all of a very good standard. Comfortable, good service and good food / wines. When I go back to Australia, Emirates First will certainly will have to be considered, if I can still afford it.
AircraftBoeing 777 / A380
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteDUB to BNE via DXB
Date FlownJune 2016

"we were not disappointed"

Verified Review | My husband and I flew from Athens through to Perth and once again we were not disappointed, the standard and service provided from Emirates remains a constant 5 star. We could not fault anything, as always we found the Emirates crew intuitive, respectful and courteous with nothing being too much trouble. The food, the choice of wine, the comfort of the seats, the ambience and the entertainment choices were first rate, and the chauffeur transfer home was the icing on the cake. We had no desire to access the Wi-Fi on board and unable to pass comment on its use.
RouteDXB to PER
Date FlownJuly 2016

"onboard meal high quality"

Verified Review | Zurich to Dubai with Emirates a few times and always amazing. In my eyes Emirates has the best cabin crew. Very attentive, thorough, considerate and always with a big smile. The onboard meal was of a very high quality. The entertainment system for myself is the best.
RouteZRH to DXB
Date FlownMay 2016

"First class is truly amazing"

Verified Review | Sydney to Dubai in First Class with Emirates. The seats and service in the A380 are absolute luxury and Emirates First class is truly amazing - love the shower. There are a lot of food and dining options that you can pre-select and I did try to select some vegetarian food. The overall food experience on flight was great. The soup and entree was nice but the main was probably left in the oven for longer time leaving the rice very hard and the the green beans a bit burnt. Apart from this down side, the entire experience was truly amazing. Emirates is the only airline that I have experienced, who make you feel very special even if you are in coach, business or first class.
Cabin FlownFirst Class