Vote Now

Emirates

"Crew is very attentive"

(Ukraine)

Verified Review | Gatwick to Perth via Dubai and back, on the A380 and Boeing B777-300. My first impression is that the airline care for its passengers. The level of service I received in Emirates is equal to the service I got from Etihad Airways. Crew is very attentive to passengers needs, and are very convenient. I asked for little gifts for my children, they gave me four times (on each flight) a complete set of toys and miscellanous for kids. On the Perth section, we were only 127 passengers onboard the A380 and the flight was very pleasant, with a very fascinating InFlight Entertainment system. However, I got disapointed by the attitude of the Cabin Crew manager on one flight, and it made me think about never flying with them anymore. I saw this manager seriously harassing one attendant.
RouteGatwick to Perth via Dubai
Date FlownNovember 2016

"standards have deteriorated"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Dubai to Bangkok. Used to be a very frequent flier on Emirates but standards have deteriorated more and more. This flight was probably my last one for me with that airline. Very nice plane but extremely mediocre service. Staff mostly seemed more interested in enjoying themselves in the back of the plane than to look after passengers. Food was also rather uninteresting, staff 'forgot' to offer any drinks with the meal, very impersonal service. Not that flight was full.
RouteDubai to Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2017

"image is better than reality"

Verified Review | Dusseldorf to Shanghai return via Dubai. J All in all not an excellent experience with Emirates being the leg from Shanghai to Dubai the worst. Boeing 777 aircraft in 2-3-2 configuration in Business class is clearly not matching the high expectations you have if flying with this airline. The seat on this leg was old style not fully lie flat which made this morning flight quite unpleasant. Also remarkable for me that Emirates provided only on the night flight from Dubai to Shanghai an amenity kit. The content even being from a high rated known cosmetic company is not special at all lacking ear plugs. Seen much better Kits eg. Turkish Airlines or even at Tap Portugal. In general the A380 cabin and seat better but inconsistent. Seats and plugs different on all 3 flights in A380. Seat lie flat but felt unconfortable to me as uneven. Also negatively surprised by the service level provided by the crew which was from hectic to chaotic. As noticed from others fellows in this Forum seems to be a hit or miss. Though always announced from the Cockpit "as award winning cabin crew" I was unfortunate and got too often the miss. Only exception was the crew on the B777 leg contrasting to the aircraft. Food always better in the lounges than on board. Highlight for me the Emirates Lounge in Düsseldorf. For me the best food offer and comfort level I had in a lounge. Will recommend Emirates but image is better than reality.
AircraftA380 / Boeing 777
RouteDusseldorf to Shanghai via Dubai
Date FlownApril 2017

"these things should not happen"

Verified Review | Sydney to Amsterdam via Dubai. I made a seat reservation 2 months in advance and on arrival they took my ticket and handed me a new one with an aisle seat instead of the booked window seat without saying anything. I only noticed once I was looking for my seat. After the flight I claimed my miles for the flight online but when booking my next flight now I saw they were not added and when contacting Emirates they told me there was no way for me to still receive those miles even if I know I claimed them within the given time frame. These things should not happen if you pay extra for a better airline. The staff however, is nice and helpful.
RouteSydney to Amsterdam via Dubai
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"all in all, a great experience"

Verified Review | Dubai to Düsseldorf with Emirates. I got a free last-moment upgrade from Economy to Business. Flight experience was great, crew very attentive and helpful. Free floating Veuve Clicquot, very well mixed drinks and food choice. The full flat beds were extremely comfortable and the space was more than enough (I couldn't see my neighbor). Also I liked the idea of having your own minibar next to you. But I missed an amenity kit. This was a little bit of a negative point. Also there was a little bit of confusion during check-in. A lot of business passengers did not find their assigned waiting zone. The free Wifi is great albeit quite slow. Massive entertainment program like no other. All in all, a great experience.
RouteDubai to Düsseldorf
Date FlownApril 2017

"horrified by the customer service"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Bangkok to New York via Dubai. Very unfortunate experience on my latest Emirates flight. I'm a Skywards member that flew in late February 2017 and had a poor experience. Later I made a complaint via email including the details. They took more than 5 weeks to reply and then just told me it never happened. From what I understand, this is par for the course with their customer service. I'm horrified by the customer service for this top-rated airline. I won't be flying them again.
RouteBangkok to New York via Dubai
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"flight crew were lovely"

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Newcastle via Dubai with Emirates. Had such a great journey back from Hong Kong yesterday. Flew Economy from Hong Kong to Dubai and slept most the way. Got woken up for food and loved it! Arrived in Dubai, used the lounge as I'm a silver member so got a shower, ate some food and then as I was boarding for the second leg of my journey from Dubai to Newcastle I got upgraded to Business class again! It's just what I needed for my eighth flight in two weeks! Needless to say Business class was incredible, the service was flawless and I had more than everything I needed for the flight. All the flight crew were lovely. Emirates never fails to disappoint me and for all these reasons is why I choose to fly via Dubai instead of direct from London to Hong Kong with BA or Cathay.
RouteHong Kong to Newcastle via Dubai
Date FlownApril 2017

"disappointing service from Emirates"

Verified Review | Appalling customer service from Emirates. All good from London to Dubai, but then we were told we were not booked on the flight from Dubai to Brisbane as it was over booked and they needed someone to take another flight. We had booked this flight and our seats 6 months before. So after an hour arguing with them we were permitted to fly but were given alternative seats next to the kitchen. Subsequently we could not sleep because of the noise plus my entertainment system was dead. I complained 3 times and was told they would reboot it but it never happened. So on my return I contacted customer service and was informed my it would take 30 days to look into my complaint. Here we are 52 days later and not another word. All in all very poor and disappointing service from Emirates.
RouteHeathrow to Brisbane via Dubai
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"food and beverages were quite lovely"

Verified Review | Bangalore to Budapest via Dubai. My first international travel was with Emirates and it was quite pleasant. Airport transfer was a little bit confusing as the transit time was short which caused a rush in Dubai. The food and beverages provided were quite lovely in both the flights and the staff were more than friendly. Wifi connectivity was available but it was quite slow. The seat pitch was upto the mark and overall experience was pretty good.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 ER
RouteBangalore to Budapest via Dubai
Date FlownNovember 2016

"they disappeared into the galley"

(Portugal)

Verified Review | Dubai to Lisbon, EK191 on 17th April. Was this the same airline as we flew out on? The check in staff were able to book our luggage through to our final destination (Faro) but not us! This created a bit of a problem for the TAP staff at Lisbon. On boarding the cabin crew were chatting among themselves in the galley areas and there was no-one to welcome us to our normal (47K) seat in the rear cabin. There was a noticeable tension and seemed to be a lack of teamship amongst the crew with false smiles rather than the genuine ones of the outbound crew. Continental breakfast was served but the coffee/tea forgotten - our call bell ignored and when my wife went to ask for coffees she was told "okay but it will be cold". After this they disappeared into the galley areas for 5 hours, occasionally rushing through the cabin but ignoring our call bell when we fancied a drink before lunch which was then served 1.5 hours before landing meaning that it was rushed - coffee and wine were being offered at the same time and they wanted to clear trays before we had even finished the main course (which to add to our dismay was tough, grisly beef). The whole service seemed to lack leadership which comes from the cabin supervisor - so if anyone from Emirates reads this I would hope they investigate. On the good side the flight was on time, seat comfortable and flight crew informative.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER