Emirates

"stand in a queue for 1.5 hours"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Emirates is known for being bad but having to stand in a queue for 1.5 hours to board was a step too far during a Feb 18 flight Oslo - Dubai. It was the same for Business Class. Passengers were going crazy, understandable given the situation. I fly Emirates once a month and points system is also the worst globally. This is why I avoid Emirates wherever possible. I also messaged the Country Manager of Emirates for Norway and Iceland), he was aware of issues but not willing to do anything to make up for the farce.
RouteOslo to Dubai

"Very friendly staff"

Trip Verified | We've had a pretty good experience. The lounge in Amsterdam Emirates shares with other airlines is nothing to write home about. The A380 is a marvellous machine, though the seat arrangement is not couple friendly if you want to sit next to a window. You can only sit together in the middle rows. The service and the food were as expected. The sky bar is a fantastic gimmick except if you want to sleep with your seat close to the bar. Choose a seat away from the bar if you want quiet. Our connecting flight departed from Terminal C which we did not particularly like. Lots of construction going on. The Emirates Lounge offers less amenities than the one in Terminal B. However, the food selection was excellent. The Dubai to Mumbai leg was a bit of a letdown. The plane looked rather old. The age of the airliner was particularly evident in the entertainment system. The screen resolution was that of the past decade, so underwhelming. The remote control still had a phone on one side which says it all. The service and the breakfast served were good however. After this experience we were worried that for the return leg to Dubai again and old 777-300ER would be used. Additionally, web check-in did not work and our hotel only reached their Mumbai office after trying all day. We did not know whether we would be seated together until we arrived at Mumbai airport. To our pleasent surprise we were seated together and the plane was much newer with excellent screens, the separate iPad and the remote control that looks like a Playstation portable. The range of Entertainment programs Emirates' ICE system offers is fabulous. We used the lounge in Terminal B which is superior to the one in Terminal C. An absolute highlight is the Moet and Chandon bar. Very friendly staff. The last leg from Dubai to Amsterdam was again an excellent experience with good food and friendly service. The limousine transfer worked well. However, the communcation skills of the limousine service center in Mumbai could be improved. Communcation was done with abbreviated text messages and rather informal, the way teenagers communicate.
RouteAmsterdam to Mumbai via Dubai

"plenty of legroom"

Trip Verified | Dublin to Dubai. Emirates is my favourite airline. Upon boarding the aircraft, I was greeted with smiles and welcomed. On the seat is a blanket and headphones. There is plenty of legroom, inflight entertainment system is wonderful. A large range of TV shows, movies and documentaries suited for all tastes. The inflight dining is the best I have experienced with any airline. The process of connecting in Dubai was seamless with staff on hand to assist passengers.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteDublin to Dubai
Date FlownJuly 2017

"Shame on Emirates"

Trip Verified | I flew overnight Birmingham to Dubai then 1hour 30min stopver before flight to Melbourne. Upon arriving in Dubai I checked the board and saw Emirates flight to Melbourne leaving from gate x so I headed to gate x. Then I checked another board and it said gate z for Emirates flight to Melbourne. I figured that gate had changed and headed to gate z. When boarding was happening for Emirates flight to Melbourne at gate z they informed me I had missed my flight which left from gate x. They were very rude and said I had to go to the Emirates connections counter. They informed me that there were 2 Emirates flights to Melbourne leaving an hour apart and I had gone to the wrong gate. I also discovered that Dubai airport had a new policy (6 months) of no flight boarding announcements or for late passengers so they can have a nice quiet airport where passengers miss their flights. I said to the Emirates staff that they had a duty of care to inform me at check in that there was 2 flights leaving to Melbourne so I wouldn't miss my flight. Another Emirates staff admitted to me that passengers miss this flight to Melbourne every day because of this 2 flight situation. Emirates would not change my ticket as well as Qantas who sold the original ticket (Airline partnership situation) so I had to buy a new ticket for that leg £440. So in summary Emirates knew passengers miss this flight everyday because of the unusual situation of 2 Emirates Melbourne flights leaving Dubai each day within 1 hour yet they choose not the inform their passengers at check in of this situation so they can daily double charge their passengers. Shame on Emirates and Shame on Qantas for this avoidable unfortunate situation.
RouteBirmingham to Melbourne via Dubai
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"never travel with Emirates again"

Trip Verified | Bali to Amsterdam via Dubai. I travelled with Emirates Back and fourth to Bali during the Christmas holiday. My experience of the flight was ok, but my experience with the transport of baggage and the customer service was the worst I have ever experienced. I go on a surf trip 3-4 times a year and I always pack my board the same way with allot of bubble wrapper, towels, pillows and a good board bag and I have never had any problems. On the trip down when I unpacked my board I had a few cracks that I had to fix. I called Emirates, and a very rude customer service member said that someone would call me up, of course no one did. But lesson learned. On my way back I packed my board even more carefully and added a fragile sign on the bag. To my chock when I packed up my board on arrival in Amsterdam, it was completely destroyed and rendered it useless. I called Emirates who refuse to take this matter on the telephone but told me they wont cover anything but I could send them a mail. Which I did. In the email I pointed to according to the Montreal convention they are responsible for any damage they cause on the baggage. The response was very simple. "we are sorry for the broken board but we can and wont do anything about it, and we will not answer any more enquiries regarding this matter" I have emailed them many times after that but the refuse to answer. My friend travelling to Copenhagen also got his board destroyed and same horrible treatment by Emirates. That’s why I write this review, I want to warn everybody to travel with Emirates! As long as you pay and shut up there is no problem but when they have caused a problem they wont do anything about it. If you Google similar matters you will see that I am not alone in being mistreated by emirates customer service. I will never travel with Emirates again. 0/10 points.
RouteBali to Amsterdam via Dubai
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"challenged in sophistication, style and leg room"

Trip Verified | Flew Fort Lauderdale to Casablanca via Dubai. For the longest time, I had wanted to fly Emirates, I was curious by its ads claiming to be the best economy airline in the world. In fact, about 2 years ago, I had the chance to travel to Dubai and visit Emirates training centre, where we toured the facilities, it all looked very impressive and glamorously chic. I could not wait to experience all the glamour they so advertised. I get to the counter to check in and I was expecting luxury, beautiful people in Emirates fashion, just like advertised, reality was far off as clerks at counter were just plain Janes, no problem at all, just felt cheated. Finally, boarding time came, and I was so anxious to get on board. As I get thru the plane’s door, I suddenly realize, is this a joke? Did I step into the wrong plane? Where is all the bedazzle, all the luxury, all the hype Emirates told me I should expect? As I walk thru first class, business class and finally economy, I am hit with the realization of stepping into an old aircraft, that is outdated and challenged in sophistication, style and leg room. Delta, United or American Airlines would have offered the same experience, so what makes Emirates the best economy airline in the world? This was scheduled to be a 14 + hour flight from Fort Lauderdale to Dubai, can’t Emirates use the most comfortable, newest aircrafts for these long-haul flights instead of using aircrafts that should only be used for local or short flights? Emirates certainly does not think so. Employee’s presentation, another let down, no gorgeous counter or on-board flight attendants which left a lot to be desired, not all smiles here, far from the gorgeous look I was expecting. Cabin service was a let down as well, for a 14-hour flight, I would have expected more than just dinner (when dinner was served, I had the Szechuan chicken, it was tasteless). Breakfast, a wine selection and at least a couple of snack offerings throughout the 14-hour flight, we had to get up and ask for water several times. Overall my first experience flying with Emirates was nothing as expected, it was just as underwhelming as flying with any other average airline in the market. I will say that Emirates has a brilliant marketing strategy, unfortunately, it took one time flying with them to debunk all the hype and to make me want to fly Delta or American internationally, again.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Casablanca via Dubai

"Don't get fooled"

(Egypt)

Trip Verified | Cairo to Bangkok via Dubai. Don't get fooled once you see an attractive ticket price, as those attractive prices have a dark side in the T&C, especially when you are dealing with a big airline like emirates, so they never solve the problem once it happens, and you start getting bullied by their complaint department. You will be surprised after all the marketing they do and ads, and they have those monsters in their back office! what even make it worst, is that I am a regular customer since 2008 & I am on their skyward mileage reward, with a very good/strong history but still wasn't enough, and they unleashed those complaint team on me. I bought a ticket with a stopover in Dubai, and I wanted to extend my trip for only 1 day more, so I went to their office and was notified that there is a condition in my ticket which doesn't allow me to stay 1 more day (Max 7 days), and if I want to stay then I have to pay several penalties which ends me up with paying almost the same price I paid for the 1st ticket! So I asked the guy to check if I buy a new 1 way ticket on the same date and surprisingly it was half the price of those penalties they wanted to apply on me! So I submitted a complaint, and asked if there is a solution, as simply the penalties doesn't make any sense especially when the 1 way ticket is half the price of the penalty, and I also mentioned that who has the time to read the T&C unless he/she has nothing to do in the world, and I ended up my complaint with some cute pressure that if there is no solution, then I would like to cancel my skyward. The complaint department replied with we know that you read the T&C and we should apply those conditions on you, and there's no way out and please confirm that you want to cancel your skyward so we start processing the cancelation! They left me with no solution except checking 1 way ticket back. Anyway, I only wanted to share my story so no one get fooled like me, and if you have the time to read the T&C then please do - otherwise you will get bullied by their complaint department.
RouteCairo to Bangkok via Dubai
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"worst airline I’ve flown with"

Trip Verified | Cebu to London via Dubai. The worst airline I’ve flown with. From check in to connecting flight in Dubai. The staff and cabin crew were rude. They have false reassurance that someone will assist me with my connecting flight which is just 1 hour and 30 minutes apart. I was desperate because even the checkin service staff on my connecting flight did not know where I’m supposed to go. She was even rude and unapproachable. And on top of it all, I am still missing with one luggage. When I got into the luggage desk they were all sarcastic. I have been travelling a lot and I have never been so badly treated like this before. Very lousy service. I’m very disappointed and so devastated because I still am waiting for my luggage. From the stress that I have that I’ll miss my connecting flight in Dubai to Heathrow since I checked in in the Philippines, to the handling of my luggage I am extremely dissatisfied. I was really expecting good service since the ratings I’ve seen and read about the airline was good but, the opposite, it’s really the worst flight I’ve ever been to in my entire life far more worst than domestic flights I had.
RouteCebu to London via Dubai
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"Service is good with the Cabin Crew"

Trip Verified | Flew Emirates from Manila to Dubai. This flight is far better than on my last travels with them. Aircraft is new especially the IFE and this is important for me on this 9hrs flight. Although departed a little late due to last minute offloading it still arrived in DXB on time. Service is good with the Cabin Crew compared to last time. Everyone was smiling and helpful. The cabin is clean and landing was smooth. Food is great. I requested for a cup noodle in the middle of the journey as I was starving, to my surprise, the crew came back with it. The washroom were well maintained and clean.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteManila to Dubai
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"I was left in the lurch"

Trip Verified | My daughter has travelled with Emirates a couple of times and had excellent experiences and hence recommended me to take Emirates to fly back to India from the US. I was travelling alone and my daughter had booked wheelchair assistance for my entire itinerary. I suffer from varicose veins and also had recently injured my knee, both added up causing unbearable pain. I was offered wheelchair assistance at DTW (Michigan) airport where I boarded the flight and my daughter went home relieved that I would be provided wheelchair assistance for the rest of my itinerary. However, I was left in the lurch when I arrived in Boston airport to board flight to Bangalore via Dubai. I had very little time left to board the flight and had to push myself to walk fast with the unbearable pain. This continued in Dubai airport as once again there was no wheelchair assistance provided in Dubai. I somehow managed this time as I had two hours twenty minutes to board the next flight. This left me wondering why I was promised wheelchair assistance if the airline was not able to provide the promised service. I was totally disappointed as to how a passenger could be left unattended to by a reputed airline in spite of the request for wheelchair assistance/help.
RouteDetroit to Bengaluru via Dubai