Emirates

"Nightmare in the Sky"

Trip Verified | Dallas to Dhaka via Dubai. Nightmare in the Sky! Horrible Experience! The flight from USA to Dubai was a chaos! They have messed up the seating arrangement for most of the passengers. They changed my assigned seat. It was an aisle seat but they changed it to a middle seat. And again changed it back as I complained after boarding the aircraft. The interior of the aircraft looked old and not clean. The worst part was food. Chicken/prawn curry with rice. These were my options and I choose chicken curry. Snack was a small pizza which was a joke. I was hungry for the whole duration of the flight. The ticket was expensive so it was surely not a value for money. It used to be good but now it is a hell in the sky if you have a long flight. Never again.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteDallas to Dhaka via Dubai

"impossible to relax"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Bangkok. Departure delayed by an hour due to a technical fault which could not be fixed with another Emirates A380 due to fly HKG non-stop to DXB three hours 25 minutes earlier. Some passengers from that flight were transferred to ours. But why that should have resulted in a lengthy delay to our flight beats me and was never explained. As a result we had to sit on board for over an hour before push-back. Once again I found the revised upper deck layout with 100 or so Y passengers in front of business class especially annoying, this time with what seemed like a major raucous party taking place just a few rows in front of my seat. Having travelled for much of the day and connected in HKG, I found it impossible to relax, the more so as the plane was being refuelled and the lighting full on. How come refuelling took place after the scheduled departure time given that our aircraft had arrived in HKG several hours earlier? Although hungry, I skipped dinner as midnight was just too late for me. All I wanted was try and sleep but even that was difficult with the short flight time. I appreciate that technical issues do occur and I felt sorry for those who had to be involuntarily rerouted via BKK and would as a result arrive late in DXB by six hours or more. For those of us who had elected to take the Bangkok flight, though, this was maddening! The lack of detailed explanations was even more so.
RouteHong Kong to Bangkok
Date FlownMay 2018

"service has gone downhill"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Munich to Jakarta via Dubai. The quality and service with Emirates has gone downhill within years. Upon arrival in Munich, I am informed that one of the seats in the A380 is damaged and been told to change the seat. In addition to that, customer ignored the seating requested. The seat is damaged was located in the window seat and only middle seat available, because it is a full flight. Never experience like this before on other airline. The first food was edible and the second one (before landing) was awful. The entertainment on my seat was broken, asking staff for help but ignored this helped. The WI-FI is free for several minutes but you must pay again after that. Last leg on DXB-CGK this is at least better than the MUC-DXB route which everything works fine. The service on the A380 was unacceptable with lack of customer support who decides on changing seat for the customers that flies the A380. In the future, I will avoid their A380 because of this issues with IFE etc. I have sent complaint to the airline which I’m still waiting for any replies about this experience.
AircraftA380 / Boeing 777
RouteMunich to Jakarta via Dubai
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"horrible experience from start to finish"

Trip Verified | My flight on the outward journey and inward journey was late and we had to run the length of Dubai airport to catch our connecting flight. Dubai airport is huge and my husband has trouble walking let alone running. Cabin crew on return flight from Dubai to Manchester were dreadful. We were 3 and a half hours before a drink was offered but we could clearly see the staff in the galley eating and drinking and have a good old laugh. They said nothing when a man walked up the aisle cleaning his teeth with toothpaste and a brush with disgusting bits flying over the other passengers. A horrible experience from start to finish.
RouteDubai to Manchester
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"crew were excellent"

Trip Verified | Birmingham to Bangkok via Dubai. First flight, on time boarding done very efficiently due to empty flight. Crew were very nice telling passengers sat in full rows that there were free rows scattered around the plane that they could move to. Plane was brand new, great seats, great entertainment system. Food was 50/50. On time arrival into Dubai but delayed due to having to go to a remote stand and taking a bus that took 40 minutes! to get to the terminal. Got to the terminal and realised I left my onwards boarding pass on the plane but the staff issued me a new one very quickly. Second flight boarded on time as well however, we were an hour late taking off due to the weather but the crew made up for it. Like the first flight, crew were excellent and the food was a lot better on the 2nd leg. Sat on the upper deck, definitely recommend it as the more private cabin and the side compartments are really good. Overall, great experience with Emirates.
AircraftA380-800
RouteBirmingham to Bangkok via Dubai
Date FlownMay 2018

"I'd paid for extra legroom"

Trip Verified | I had prepurchased a seat for extra legroom, but the layout didnt state that the seat is next to the staff kitchen/pantry. And because of this, I receive constant noises and laughter from the staff, even when the public lights are off, waking me up at several times. That's not all, I had paid for extra legroom, but people are constantly knocking my long stretch legs over, causing me to retract my legs all the time. Hence, the irony of purchasing an extra legroom when in fact, I don't get any throughout the flight. To make things worst, there are 2 staff seats opposite our seats, so during landing and take off, 2 staff will be sitting there. And because they are sitting there, I have to retract my legs again. I'd paid for extra legroom, but in the end, it was a terrible experience. Never again am I going to prepurchase a legroom at the sides of the plane, especially from Emirates. Terrible experience. As for the other experiences, most of the crew were ok, they will serve and do their job, but lack the smile on their face. Not that they look rude or unhappy, it's just not the expression you will receive in flights like Singapore Air. Inflight entertainment was good, great contents, but the touchscreen was terrible. Touchscreen is based on a mouse cursor on screen. If you touch a particular button, you need to do it a few times so that the cursor will understand that it should be at your thumb. Hence, a difficult screen to control.
RouteMelbourne to Singapore

"I was disappointed"

Trip Verified | Auckland to London via Dubai. First time to fly on Emirates and was expecting excellent service for a big airline fleet. I was disappointed. The flight attendants seemed unhappy and unenthusiastic with what they are doing. They seemed robotic and lacked human compassion that I’ve experienced with other airlines. The seats are cramped with little leg room that I couldn’t even get pass (seated on the window side) without having to wake the sleeping person next to me. I know that economy class isn’t really first class service but I had the best time flying with Qantas!
RouteAuckland to London via Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2018

"happy with my experience"

Trip Verified | We flew from London to Manila via Dubai and back. Boarding wasn't stressful. Legroom was good and the seats had a good recline. It was enough for me to sleep when I needed to. However, I did get very numb towards the end of the flights. At 8-9 hours per leg, this wasn't unexpected. The quality of the food was good. I had the gluten free meal and my partner the normal. Both flavour, variety and good portion sizes. I didn't feel like the gluten free option meant I had substandard food, so I would take this into account if you have any intolerances. The entertainment was very good. We were spoilt for choice for films and TV shows, and the inflight status was a nice extra. The larger screens were on two of our flights, and were much more responsive than the smaller, older versions on our other two flights. For the smaller screens, we just used the physical controllers, but these were easy enough to use too. All of the staff were highly professional, prompt and courteous. We had a few smiles as well. All in all I'm very happy with my experience from Emirates. The flight weren't cheap at £580 return, but there were many cheaper options available. I'm glad we chose to pay the extra £100 for Emirates as the extra comfort went a long way for such a big journey.
RouteLondon to Manila via Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2018

"very user-friendly"

Trip Verified | This flight was the typical Europe to Dubai flight. Every aspect of the flight in the hands of Emirates went well. The Emirates driver picked us up spot on time and delivered us to Amsterdam airport where we quickly dropped our luggage. (We were already checked in using the Emirates app which is very user-friendly). Departure was on time and we were actually more often addressed in Dutch then when flying KLM! There was a large contingent Dutch-speaking flight attendants on board. Even the captain appeared to be Dutch and all announcements were made in Dutch, English and Arabic. Priority cards were given for immigration in Dubai which went quite fast especially considering the huge amount of flights arriving around midnight in Dubai. Luggage was quickly delivered and we were driven by an Emirates driver to our hotel. Whatever negatively influenced the experience was Amsterdam Schiphol Airport. Unhelpful and unfriendly security agents, an overcrowded Aspire lounge and a total chaos at the gate.
RouteAmsterdam to Dubai
Date FlownApril 2018

"The bathroom was dirty"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Taipei to Dubai. The crew is always busy with something else on the plane instead of attending to the passengers. My light was on for the entire beginning of the flight and no one attended until I called a flight attendant. There was one compartment was open for the beginning of the aircraft descending and we had to call them to make them aware of how dangerous it is. The bathroom was dirty and not even enough toilet Paper. No crisps no chocolates no peanuts but biscuits! Everybody doesn’t want a roll if you just want to nibble and then you bring your own snacks when you already paid for a ticket and there is Not enough breakfast or lunch or Dinner of Choice. They serve disgusting food, I am a westerner not an Asian and they offer me noodles as not enough western breakfast? They look at you like you are from another planet when you ask for snacks or Drinks.
RouteTaipei to Dubai