Top 100 Airports

Emirates

"what has happened to Emirates?"

Verified Review | Perth to Nice via Dubai. I used to love flying Emirates. What has happened? Very expensive flights to Nice and service is terrible. I pressed the bell 6 times and the second time 4 times on another connecting flight, but no one showed up. The service from Europe was no better. I waited over 15 minutes to use a toilet in business and then one of the hostesses came out with her makeup bag (there was a line for both toilets). Service so slow and they act like they are doing you a favour. I asked for a red wine and got a cup of tea! When I mentioned this I still did not get the red. Two Sauvignon blancs is not smart for a choice of white wines. On board ICE entertainment system clumsy. Chaffeur did not confirm and we had to chase them to see if we were being picked up for two legs of the trip (website section said booked but empty?). Business lounge outdated and they have the childrens play room down in the smoking section. What has happened to my favourite airline?
RoutePER to NCE via DXB

"seating very uncomfortable"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Melbourne to Kuala Lumpur. I was disappointed the staff were not friendlier during check-in. One of the best business class lounges, food, alcohol and facilities are great. Staff are the same as every other lounge. Service In Flight: The first time in my experience of flying business class that I was not greeted with a welcome drink, while other people in the cabin received it. I had a feeling of unwelcomeness from the staff - an overall indifference. The only thing premium is the menu and not necessarily the service. I think the diversity of their crew is the biggest problem. There is no cohesive identity and embedded culture of service and welcoming. Even having to press the call button twice on a few occasions to receive service. Food quality varied - some were delicious, the others not. Seating was very uncomfortable. I was reconsidering my decision to upgrade. I couldn't sleep properly as I am a side sleeper. Emirates makes a big deal about lie-flat beds but does not deliver in all of their business class cabins.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteMEL to KUL
Date FlownJuly 2016

"I will never use again"

Verified Review | Maldives to London via Dubai. Our flight cancelled on my birthday 26th August. Our schedule landing in London was same day and booked my party with friends and family. I couldn't update my many friends about the situation. Took another flight next day which was delayed more than two hours in Maldives. Staff denied to enter in Dubai on our schedule fight stating they don't have seat available and overbooked despite we were holding boarding pass. After raise complaint to duty manager he adjusted on same flight which was also delayed for two hours. Till today 29th August 18.15 pm UK time we haven't received our two luggages. After several message and call nobody response. What a mess - I will never use again.
RouteMLE to LHR via DXB
Date FlownAugust 2016

"service on both flights was outstanding"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Very good flights with Emirates flying from Dusseldorf to Mauritius via Dubai. On both flights there was enough legroom, seats were very comfortable. Entertainment systeem was great. Service on both flights was outstanding. Crew served us 6 times with drinks and meals which were very good. Ice cream served before landing in Dubai. Crew were very friendly and helpful. Transit in Dubai was very smooth though we landed at peak time in Dubai. We were given meal vouchers as our transit time was more than 4 hours. Would recommend.
RouteDUS to MRU via DXB
Date FlownAugust 2016

"the crew disappointed me"

Verified Review | Dubai to New York JFK in Business class. I am a big fan of this airline and being a Platinum member I expect them to be the best. This trip the crew disappointed me as they were talking about some new rule of not serving me a drink from the bar till they take off which is unheard of. Also past few trips on Emirates they always have shortfall of water bottles even after 3 hours of take off and their food choices have gone so commercial and reminds me of cheap United Airlines food - specially the light bite and they should stop serving this uncooked doughy pizza. The flight manager never showed up in the cabin, usually they always come and greet their Gold and Platinum members.
RouteDXB to JFK
Date FlownAugust 2016

"a very disappointing experience"

Verified Review | Birmingham to Colombo via Dubai with Emirates. Poor throughout, specially onboard food and service which is what I thought Emirates was renowned for and worth paying extra for. Birmingham to Dubai we had the A380 which was very comfortable with seats that I could sit cross-legged on. The entertaintment system was also amazing. This is where the positives end as the boarding of this flight took so long that there was an hour delay to take off. The organisation for transfers was poor to non-existent with a massive queue for security at Dubai with minimal time for the connection. For the rest of our flights, Dubai to Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka to Dubai with a stop at Male and Dubai to Birmingham, we had the smaller and older aircraft B777-300. This was noticably older, dated and uncomfortably cramped. The entertainment screens poor quality in comparison. The worst of all was the inflight service. Pressed my buzzer for help with a non-functioning screen and an hour later, nobody had come to ask what I needed. In the end, I had to keep pressing the buzzer continuously about 15 times before someone came to us. I had no entertainment for the duration of 2.5 hours. It only took 5 minutes to fix when they actually got round to it. The food and beverage service also poor. They had a choice of fish or chicken but by the time they got to aisle 23, they had completely run out of chicken. I offered to wait till the end of service to see if any was left. I was told categorically there was none left and then later I saw them handing chicken to some passengers. On the 8-hour flight from Dubai to Birmingham, after an hour on the plane before take off and an hour on the bus waiting to board the plane, apart from the little tub of water with the snack and breakfast, no drinks runs to even offer people water. On walking around, I saw all the service staff at the back of the plane with tea and biscuits having a good old jolly. Overall, a very disappointing experience, completely unexpected from an airline with the reputation of Emirates.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 / A380
RouteBHX to CMB via DXB
Date FlownAugust 2016

"mind boggling array of movies"

Milan Malpensa to New York JFK with Emirates. The A380 is a beautiful plane, and the version that Emirates has outfitted is a little to flashy for my taste, fake wood and gold trim. The seats are great, lie flat with direct aisle access, the ICE inflight entertainment has a mind boggling array of movies and shows from every corner of the planet. Comfort of the bed was OK, a little more padding would be nice. They provide you with a mattress and blanket, which helps. Seat 14K has direct window access with storage against the wall which was great. Boarding directly from the lounge at Malpensa was really nice, I love the inflight bar in the back. The food was good, not great, I've had just as good food on domestic USA first class, although not as plentiful as I received on Emirates. A couple of glitches. The FA's completely forgot to serve me my main course, I had to ask after everyone was served. Very apologetic and kind apology from the FA. Next I wasn't served my dessert, I was dozing, that was OK. However I was offered a choice of desserts and the wrong one was brought to me. I expected a little more polish. The free limo service home is awesome. Also the agent at the lounge at Malpensa was really great, made sure we were checked in, confirmed the limo in New York.
RouteMXP to JFK
Date FlownAugust 2016

"a consistently high standard"

Verified Review | The service I have received flying Emirates has been of a consistently high standard, but on my flight from Cape Town to Dubai the cabin staff were excellent, extremely helpful and friendly. It was such a pleasant flight although I wish the cabin temperature had been coler. Food and drink is on demand, and of a good quality. The transfer arrangements at Dubai airport were well organised and everything ran smoothly. I will be using this airline as much as I can in the future.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteCPT to LHR via DXB
Date FlownAugust 2016

"super meals and kind crew"

(Denmark)

Flew Emirates from Colombo to Hamburg via Dubai. Nice flight, super meals and kind crew. Both flights were on time, and even though we had to wait over night in Dubai, we got enough meal vouchers so we did not have to pay for food both at night and in the morning, in the Airport. Emirates ICE movie system works very well, I have never tried anything as good on competing airlines. Only problem was in Colombo airport, where there where only two people at the check-in, so it took some time to get through.
RouteCMB to HAM via DXB
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"aircraft had a very tired feel"

(Brazil)

Verified Review | Flew Rio de Janeiro to Buenos Aires with Emirates. At Rio International Airport Emirates use the Gol Lounge. This is a simple lounge with no frills. The food and drinks were poor and the seating not very good. The Emirates ground staff kept Business and First class passengers queuing at the boarding gate for some time while some "priority" economy passengers boarded - I have never seen this before. Even when allowed to board the problem was that economy passengers had to come through the Business Class cabin, so stowing hand luggage etc. became a problem as to do so meant blocking the aisles while these passengers were trying to get past. The aircraft had a very tired feel and look. The seat layout in the Business Class cabin was 2-3-2 which made leaving your seat if you were not on the aisle a problem. The cabin staff were good and efficient. The food was possibly the worst I have ever had on any Business Class flight. Although there was supposedly Wi-Fi available I was never able to connect to it. I didn't really use the in-flight entertainment much but it was a little awkward and fiddly with a strange "tablet" type control which didn't seem to control anything.
RouteGIG to EZE