Emirates

"Service efficient and with a smile"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Bangkok to Hong Kong. As a regular in business class on Emirates A380 on this route for 7 years, I was not prepared for what awaited me at the bag drop on Sunday. The supervisor approached me and very pleasantly asked if I would consider being downgraded to economy as the flight was overbooked in all classes. Ready to stand my ground, she made it clear that would be fully understandable. Then she explained that in return for downgrading, the airline would offer the usual business facilities - priority security pass and use of the lounge - plus an unrestricted free round trip business class ticket on the same route valid for a year. Or she could offer me a business class seat on a Thai Airways flight leaving around the same time. Having read horror stories of downgrading and long delays in getting refunds from other airlines, this transaction was conducted without any pressure and with my full understanding that the decision was mine. I took the downgrade and proceeded to the lounge for an excellent lunch. At the gate, the same supervisor took me out of the queue, handed me the voucher for the free return ticket and invited me to board first. This was exemplary service of the highest order. The flight itself was equally fine. I had a comfortable window seat in the first row of the lower deck. Service was efficient and with a smile. I did not take the full meal but the starter and dessert were very tasty. With only one runway functioning at BKK, the flight departed 15 minutes late but arrived on time.
RouteBangkok to Hong Kong
Date FlownAugust 2017

"by far the best service"

(South Africa)

Verified Review | Flew Johannesburg to Dubai. This airline is excellent. I do not eat beef and all the chicken on the flight was finished. I asked the flight attendant to arrange another dish other than veg. 10 minutes later he arrived with prawn biryani for myself and 3 others travelling with me. I must say I have been traveling for 30 odd years and this has been by far the best service I have experienced. Thank you Emirates.
RouteJohannesburg to Dubai
Date FlownApril 2017

"fabulous service beginning to end"

Verified Review | Fabulous service from beginning to end from the chauffeur service, check in, lounge and the flight on all 4 flights from Perth to Manchester via Dubai and the return journey. Every member of the Emirates team were polite, respectful and courteous and nothing was too much trouble for them. The food was amazing and enhanced by a wonderful wine selection both on the flights and in the lounges of Perth, Manchester and Dubai. As ever the entertainment system was excellent and for the first time I used the on board wi-fi with ease.
RoutePerth to Manchester via Dubai
Date FlownAugust 2017

"I was expecting a lot better"

Verified Review | Birmingham to Sydney via Dubai / Bangkok. Very disappointed with the inconsistent service at the airports. Birmingham ground staff and cabin staff were miserable and sarcastic. The journey then inproved from Dubai to Bangkok. We stopped at Bangkok for a couple of days and then onto Sydney. The plane was cramped, hot and uncomfortable. Long delays getting our luggage off the plane. I was expecting a lot better from emirates and the A380. Will be looking to fly with another airline in future
RouteBirmingham to Sydney via Dubai / Bangkok
Date FlownAugust 2017

"would highly recommend them"

Verified Review | Gatwick to Melbourne. This is the first time we have flown with Emirates and I cannot praise them enough. We flew from London Gatwick to Colombo via Dubai and then Colombo to Melbourne via Singapore in economy class. Ground staff at Gatwick were friendly and helpful and crew on board were attentive. Food was good and we liked having proper cutlery and not plastic. We lost an iPad on the first leg of the journey and Emirates not only answere pd our emails promptly, they actually found the iPad and flew it on to an airport of our choice, which was Melbourne. The staff in the Emirates office at Melbourne were also extremely helpful and friendly. Our flight from Colombo was delayed through no fault of Emirates but they offered reassurance and assistance and we made our connection easily with just 10 minutes to go before the gate closed. I fly twice a year to Melbourne and have flown with Air China, Royal Brunei, Quantas, and mainly Etihad and to be honest we have had no problems with any of them, but Emirates have certainly come out the best on this journey. I would highly recommend them.
AircraftBoeing 777 /A380
RouteGatwick to Colombo via Dubai
Date FlownJuly 2017

"unprofessional, careless"

Verified Review | Cairo to Dubai and I requested for a wheel chair for my mother which was ok in Cairo but once I reached Dubai they bring her a wheel chair but after two minutes they said "sorry your mother name isn't listed in wheelchair request". I said it is already requested from Egypt. One very aggressive guy replied "you have to wait at least 30 Min". I requested to meet any supervisor or manager from Emirates, but they said no body available and it is your mistake, you have to check that wheelchair service include in case Emirates missed it. I called customer service (supervisor) for 45 min to complain and at the end he said "please send your complaint via email, nothing we can do for you right now". Even though after finish my trip I sent my complaint without any feed back. Totally unprofessional, careless about people, It is just brand name, but in fact nothing.
RouteCairo to Dubai
Date FlownAugust 2017

"flight back was much better"

Verified Review | Singapore to London return via Dubai. It's my 3rd time flying with Emirates. This time I flew from Singapore to London, transited in Dubai for 1-2 hours. Their seats and entertainment are good and comfortable. But we are not impressed by the service of the staff. When I asked for hot tea, the staff would say "you can ask my colleague later", which you have to wait till you see a staff passing by. The next staff would say the same thing to me too. We had problem checking in the return flight. But there was an error saying that check in is not possible for this flight. We immediately called Emirates but the staff said online check in is not allowed at Heathrow airport, and said we have to check in when we reach the airport the next day. When we reached the airport, we were told that our return flight was canceled. We were not informed in advance. The staff ushered us to join a long queue which we stood queueing for almost two hours! When we asked what happen, can we get another flight back to Singapore? The staff said "You will get to choose an earlier or later flight, or put up at a hotel. please talk to the next staff". The staff didn't even apologise. When we reached the counter, staff asked for our passport, focused on the computer and passed us our boarding pass for tomorrow noon. We didn't even get to choose! So we asked if there is any other option as the one she gave us need to stay another night in the hotel and the transit at Dubai airport is 10 hours. Our flight in London was delayed 14 hours and to make matters worse, the transit in dubai is 10 hours. And we were separated. We asked to get an earlier flight, but again the staff said "please talk to our staff when you reach Dubai". She also asked us to reach the airport 4 hours before boarding tomorrow. We tried to enjoy our flight to Dubai and when we reached, we asked the staff to help us get an earlier to singapore. The price I bought for the ticket is for only 1-2 hours transit. 10 hours is too much. The staff said all the flights were full, she could put us at a hotel in Dubai. We rejected, not wanting to stay another day in the hotel. The staff was then willing to help us and she managed to put us on an earlier flight and we were very thankful. The flight back to Singapore was much better, the staff greeted us amicably. Totally different from the previous crew.
RouteSingapore to London via Dubai
Date FlownAugust 2017

"crews are always in my experience excellent"

(Brazil)

Verified Review | Flew Newcastle to Trivandrum via Dubai. Emirates is one of the few remaining airlines that offers a differential in Economy class. I love other airlines in Premium, Business or First but so few airlines now stand out with their Economy product. Emirates offers a fabulous economy product, the seat is comfortable, there is sufficient leg room for me at 6 foot 2. The food is good, I like being provided with a menu prior to service, a nice touch. Entertainment is the best in the sky in my experience. A free 20mb of internet browsing is extremely handy if you need to connect and do not want to spend lots of money as is the case with the relatively few airlines that offer any internet service at all. If you want more internet the prices are reasonable. Emirates crews are always in my experience excellent. My only (personal) regret about Emirates is they do not have a competitive price to fly between the UK and Brazil. Its a very long way of getting to Brazil from UK (I do this route frequently). They have such good deals to Africa and Asia I wish they would do the same for South America so I could fly with them more often!
RouteNewcastle to Trivandrum via Dubai

"the basics are good"

Verified Review | The basics are good and we had a good experience with Emirates from Bangkok to Düsseldorf via Dubai. Especially the newest A380's are very comfortable because the better seats and bigger IFE screens. On our outbound journy we had upper deck seats which are very nice and I do recommend to try to get a seat up there. The older A380's were a bit less comfortable and nice. The difference between the new and old(er) cabin is big, that's a shame. Food is good, sometimes we had to ask for a drink because the cabin crew wasn't walking around that frequently. The food, seat comfort and IFE was good. We experienced some things that annoyed us a little bit. The most important is the delays due to chaotic boarding processes. There was not enough dicipline to succeed the zone boarding system. Plus, the bad communication between staff and customers. Customer service told us it was no problem to link our luggage to Dubai only, and not to Düsseldorf as we planned a long layover to see Dubai. At Bangkok, the check-in agent told us if we wanted to have our luggage checked to Dubai, we had to pay an additional fee of 6800 baht each. Overall: I would recommend flying with Emirates because the comfort. If Emirates improved their communication, refurbish their older cabins, and improve the boarding processes it could be one of the best in the world.
RouteBangkok to Düsseldorf via Dubai
Date FlownAugust 2017

"Surprisingly good legroom and comfort"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | Flew Copenhagen to Mauritius via Dubai, EK151 and EK701. Nice experience. Especially first leg CPH-Dubai. Clean new aircraft. Good service and food. Surprisingly good legroom and comfort, the best I've experienced in economy class. Even the lavatory was clean and spacious. Lots of entertainment on big screens. Flights arrived on time or ahead of schedule. We really enjoyed our flights and will definitely use Emirates again when possible.
RouteCopenhagen to Mauritius via Dubai