Continental Airlines Passenger Reviews and Continental Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Continental Airlines Customer review :  4 February 2012 by J Smith    (USA)

DFW-IAH-LHR return. Decent flight on small jet (operated by Colgan Air) to IAH. Got to board early with the United credit card, which was great. IAH-LHR was on a new B-777 still in Continental livery. Clean and comfortable, and no one next to me so I got two seats for the price of one! LHR-IAH was on a United B-777 and it was just as good. Only complaint was a lot of young children, but another empty seat next to me. Food was pretty abysmal on the way back, but it's a legacy American carrier, so sort of expected. Basically 1.5 meals total each way. Overall what I expected for the price that I paid.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  3 February 2012 by J Onuh    (USA)

Flew my family of five to Nigeria - Houston-Lagos. Flight attendant was very rude, food was terrible. My 9 year old vomited onboard, I turned the call light 3 times to get some assistance, attendant repeatedly turn it off from her rest area. When she finally decided to make rounds, I asked her why no one came, she rudely replied, " I reset it because many people were calling". After learning my son vomited, she said she would come to us last, which she did 1 hour later. On our flight from Lagos to Houston, my son got up to go to restroom, the male attendant serving water/juice blocking the aisle told my son he has to finish serving the passengers before my son could go. I will reconsider flying Continental in the near future.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  1 February 2012 by A Johnson    (UK)

LHR-EWR in 777 economy. Was pleasantly surprised by the whole experience as was expecting something a lot worse! Plane spotlessly clean and well maintained. Relatively low load so had 3 seats between 2 of us so a bit of extra room. Service was reasonable; crew performed what they had to do but not a lot more. Food ok and drinks priced as you would expect for alcohol. Inbound was pretty much the same; very low load so had whole row to myself. IFE was good. Food was good. Crew again performed what they had to do but American based crew really don't want to go out of their way unless they have to. Overall, I was pleased with the flights and would consider them again for a trip to the US.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  31 January 2012 by H Leeuw    (Netherlands)

EWR to AMS in economy on B757. Value for money was good and on the flight from AMS the cabin crew was nice and polite. On this flight the cabin crew was less friendly and polite. My kids didn't get drinks and they forgot to give me part of the meal. Furthermore they let us wait onboard at the ramp in order to get in to AMS after 07.00 hours. The flight was already 20 minutes delayed. I am not happy with this type of aircraft on a long flight. We made the same trip in 09 and flew the B676 and also A330. That was much better. For the next flight I will certainly not use the B757. Perhaps United will change this.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  30 January 2012 by Lorraine Clairmont    (Canada)

Flight from Buffalo to Ft Lauderdale return was a complete nightmare. Tickets that had been ordered months ahead weren't on the system so it took an hour to check-in at Buffalo. Due to late takeoff we almost missed our connection in Newark. On the way back same story about overbooked flight, only seats for 3 out of our party of 4. High stress for hours until the last minute when they found the 4th seat. Delay in Newark to Buffalo almost 7 hours with no explanation. Will never fly again on that airline.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  28 January 2012 by G McCann    (USA)

Portland-Houston-Tegucigalpa, returning two weeks later. Plane cabins were ragged, FA's were rude on the flight to Tegucigalpa, better on the way back. Refused to hold plane less than ten minutes so a group could clear security. (TSA and customs were the real culprits though). Food? That wasn't food!

Continental Airlines Customer review :  26 January 2012 by Jim Lamont    (USA)

ORD-FLL-ORD. I hold United's Premium Economy, so when I made the reservation, I was automatically given a seat choice in the front row of the economy section, where the seats have extra leg room due to the bulkhead. On the down side, there was no free audio. Instead, there was Direct TV, which included audio, but for that I would have had to pay $7.99 for the three-hour trip.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  24 January 2012 by M Marceda    (USA)

My recent First class flight from EWR to SAT was an economy flight with wide seats. The food is bad cafeteria quality at best. The flight was delayed for equipment problems after we boarded. When we asked for a bag of nuts we were warned that we were using up our one bag quota per flight. Our return flight was delayed for 4 hours due to weather. We proceeded to enter the United Club and was told that it was only available to club members or international first class only, As domestic first class travelers we could buy a one day pass for $50.00 per person. I guess it wasn't enough that we paid for a full fare first class ticket. Overall a very poor experience.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  17 January 2012 by P Elliott    (UK)

Flew Belfast to New York. Husbands seat wouldn't stay in upright position on return leg and male flight attendant wouldn't listen to him - kept telling him off for reclining his seat. FA rude during food service, very abrupt and openly complained to her colleague when an elderly passenger didn't hear her abrupt offer of a drink. Also, husband had to check-in his hand luggage as they ran out of room in the overhead lockers (mine had to go under my seat) because they don't stop people taking on multiple bags. Would have no complaints if flight attendants were less rude.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  17 January 2012 by L Lewin    (USA)

EWR-HNL. Flight delayed by 1 hr and 25 mins on departure due to late arrival of the aircraft from HNL and then a maintenance issue. Communication from both ground grew and captain was frequent. This flight was operated with a Micronesia division plane, one of four in the fleet, with the smaller BusinessFirst cabin. The 767-400 is a great airplane. Feels large and airy. This plane was in good shape. Cabin crew were pleasant, efficient, and helpful. Mostly an older crew as this is a senior route within the system. Sat in 10K. Great legroom but the reviews are true. It does get cold in the forward Economy cabin. Food for purchase only. Will be interesting to see if HA will steal some traffic from CO on this route when they start the JFK run in June 2012. Overall, a good flight but pre-merger CO's on board product is looking dated and unspectacular.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  13 January 2012 by Paul Sefa    (Switerland)

GVA-EWR-BOS and BOS-EWR-GVA a week later. Old aircraft's, old-fashioned entertainment (5 channels available, only in two languages). Disgusting food. You have to pay for alcohol, when all other non-American major airlines provide it for free. Lazy and unfriendly crew, not willing to help at any time. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, I travel four times a year to the US and as far as I am concerned it's the last time with Continental.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  5 January 2012 by K Britnell    (Canada)

Cozumel to Houston - uneventful. Houston to Seattle - terrible. The temperature in the cabin was at least 90 degrees, they did not announce any failure of the air conditioning, it came on a few minutes prior to landing and cooled the plane slightly. Came through twice with beverage cart on a 4 hour flight. When leaving the plane I complained to a flight assistant that the temperature was too hot, she responded with "oh, I know". Baggage claim was announced to go to Carousel 14 and was eventually delivered to #9. Our bags were found standing in the middle of the floor, on Carousel 9 and our 6th bag found on carousel 8.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  2 January 2012 by P Whitney    (USA)

San Diego to Houston. Overall, I found both flight crews to be professional. Pilots took time to describe trip/weather conditions, and flight attendants were nice. On the return leg of the trip, there was a medical emergency on board and the crew handled it well. Check-in and boarding were easy. Seating was comfortable. Paying for checked baggage was a check against them, but this is minor IMHO.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  1 January 2012 by D Brown    (USA)

I will not use this service again. Cabin seats felt like they were broken, on the 3 planes I flew on, seats creaked and wobbled. Food was average, as was the service. Had to reschedule my return flight due to family emergency. Instead of changing/adjusting the flight and cost, I had to purchase a new ticket, costing me another $1000 to return. I contacted customer service, and have been ignored. In Houston, the gates were changed, but not updated on the boards, had to sprint a half mile to catch my plane (E gates to C gates). Flying is bad enough, I almost expect cattle prods the next time I fly.