Ryanair

"great flight in general"

(Poland)

Not Verified | Jasionka to Bristol. Ryanair surprised me with their service. The stewards were very well behaved, and the flight was overall pleasant. The landing was also very soft. A great flight in general.
RouteJasionka to Bristol
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Difficult job performed well"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Brussels Charleroi to Stockholm. Difficult job performed well in the eye of Storm Ciara. Stood out on the observation deck and saw plane after plane fail to land and perform fly arounds (including our own). Having landed, Ryanair only used the front door as there was genuine concern that the movable steps would be blown over. Ground staff kept their cool and managed to get a full flight loaded within half an hour of arriving. Take off was delayed by about 40 mins. Apart from the initial ascent, all things considered, it was a remarkably smooth flight. I can't understand people who say that they are not aware that you need to check in online. I am continually bombarded with emails and pop-ups in the days leading up the flight. At €15 each way, its like option pricing.
RouteBrussels Charleroi to Stockholm
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"had to pay 50 euros for check in"

Not Verified | Eindhoven to Athens. I got no email for check in online, then when i tried to check in they said it was too soon to the flight departure and i had to pay 50 euros for check in at the airport. The suitcase allowed is a tiny size and they make you pay 25 euros extra and don't let you take it on the plane. They do not care about customer satisfaction and they try to make money in that kind of way.
RouteEindhoven to Athens
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"service on board cannot be criticized"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Sandefjord, Torp to Manchester. Ryanair usually delivers what they promise: to get you to your destination pretty much on time, no frills, no comfort and limited customer care. So also this time. Boarding acceptable, departure on time, seats somewhere between uncomfortable and terrible but service on board cannot be criticized. The crew was smiling, friendly and efficient. Service on board ok. No need for ground support, luckily. What I dont like with Ryanair is the booking process, it is cumbersome since they try all kinds of tricks to make you buy additional services to what you have already done, like extra legroom, insurance, car hire and hotels. Other low costs carriers, like Norwegian, don't bother you unnecessarily.
RouteSandefjord, Torp to Manchester

"Holiday ruined again"

(Spain)

Not Verified | Barcelona to Porto. Holiday ruined again by flight being delayed by hours. But of course, they will make up for just enough to not have to pay compensation. Wish I had not booked a holiday and it hasn't even started. Most useless airline ever.
RouteBarcelona to Porto
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Absolutely no customer care"

Trip Verified | Dublin to Copenhagen. Was absolutely robbed by this airline. Had an issue checking in online the night before my flight, so my partner and I decided to get to the airport 3 hours early (we were recommended to get there 1hr early, but decided to take precautions!) just in case, as we’d been warned that Ryanair is very picky. At this stage, I should also mention that my partner and I are only travelling with Carry-On backpacks (no bags to check in - this has been fine on every other airline we’ve used during our 6 week holiday). We arrived at the desk only to be rudely told that checking in at the desk will cost us €55 each, and no, there was nothing they would do about that despite my issue with their website. And then the clerk eyed our backpacks and told us to go check those in as well. I’d already checked the pricing of baggage for the airline (some budget flights ask you to pay for carry-on, but I had found Ryanair only charges €10-20 for check in baggage and nothing for small carry-on). The cost for each bag to go under the plane? €40 each. That’s almost €200, just to get on the plane! That’s more expensive than my flight was to start with! Absolutely no customer care, let alone a shred of politeness or empathy. Nobody considered listening to our problem or even explaining why it had to be this way, and instead waved us away like we were being unreasonable for being shocked and upset by losing an unexpected €200. I’ll not fly with Ryanair again, and would advise any and all people hunting for budget flights to choose Easyjet instead. I’ve had great experiences with them in the airport, and even the flight attendants and planes themselves are much, much nicer than Ryanair.
RouteDublin to Copenhagen
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"save yourself the anxiety and travel with someone else"

Trip Verified | Alicante to London Stansted. We flew from London on a quick weekend get away. Our flight to Alicante was okay, however coming back was hell. Alicante Airpor was shut and our airline neglected to even offer us a courtesy call or email. We had already checked out of our hotel with two disabled friends (one with Crohn’s disease and other with scoliosis) having made our way half way to the airport. We called them as a result of local gossip from the cab guy and it was only then we recurved support. We spent a further 2 hours trying to assitain what their plan B was. After much frustration they offer a flight two hours away from our current destination at the time when the flight was set to leave at 5 and had the cheek to tell us that if we don’t make it there’s nothing they can do. They didn’t even offer transfers having expressed to them that all surrounding fares have either doubled as locals were aware of the chaos and or public transport coaches and trains left at timing that would miss the flight. They even told us not to get into a cab that we informed them would charge us extortion rates. In the end we paid £400 for two cabs to take our group to the airport. As we rushed into the airport there were no Ryanair representatives for support, people waited around without refreshments or information for hours before anyone appeared to board us. When we were finally on this alternative flight we waited a further 1 hr as they proceeded to act like a passenger was missing. A deploy scam to ensure they suggest the flight took off exactly under the 3 hour delay protocol for compensation. I’m fuming and it ruined our enjoyable. Just horrible. Please save yourself the anxiety and travel with someone else.
RouteAlicante to London Stansted
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Nothing really to grumble about"

Trip Verified | London Stansted to Bari with Ryanair. A good all round experience at a good price. I had 2 email reminders about my baggage allowance and checkin for which I used the app. Boarding a bit slow and a long wait outdoors in the cold. Flight on time and arrived early. All crew pleasant enough. Seats are ok for a 2.5 hour flight. Nothing really to grumble about. Follow the simple rules and this airline is fine.
RouteLondon Stansted to Bari
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"not accepted to refund my tickets"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Malta to Catania. I had an accident and broke my leg. Due to this issue, I had to cancel three trips I had scheduled with three different airlines, Alitalia, Volotea, and Ryanair. Everything went well with Alitalia and Volotea, even though my flights with them were not reimbursable. Only Ryanair has not accepted to refund my tickets, even though on its website it states it "may reimburse tickets in case of serious illness of the passenger". Most probably a broken leg is not serious enough for this airline.
RouteMalta to Catania

"Highly recommended!"

Trip Verified | I have flown Ryanair many times in the past. I find the service excellent. They get you from A to B on time, efficiently and affordably. I have never had an issue despite travelling with Ryanair more than twenty times a year for more than twenty years. They are the number one airline in my opinion for selling you exactly what you want, in terms of priority boarding, priority seats, luggage options, etc. If you want something, you can pay for it. If you don't want something, don't pay for it. Simple enough. You can check in weeks before your flight, which means that you can print out both boarding passes at home. A lot more reasonable than airlines that make you wait until 24 hours before the flight (why?!) Most of the people I hear complaining about Ryanair don't follow the rules and then blame the airline for their own mistakes or oversights. On my most recent flight, the plane left on time and arrived on time and the staff were courteous and friendly. Nothing there not to like. Highly recommended!
RouteGatwick to Dublin