Ryanair

"You pay for everything"

Not Verified | Fes to Paris. You pay for everything and charged you double if you don’t do it online. Got charged for my bag and boarding pass cause they don’t have online tickets. Paid for priority and x cabin bags why am I getting charged for a cabin bag like that doesn’t make sense. The flight was supposed to be 57 dollars and I ended paying 120 dollars.
RouteFes to Paris
Date FlownOctober 2019

"was the worst experience"

Not Verified | Amsterdam to Dublin. This was the worst experience I’ve ever had with any business in my life. My flight more than doubled in hidden fees. You can’t go through to check baggage until 2 hours within flight and if you’re not at gate an hour before take off they might not let you on. Customer service are robots. So unhelpful and a lot of automated responses. They also won’t send you email confirmations to check in, and your login only sometimes works. And then if you don’t check in online you get charged. If you don’t print boarding pass at home then you get charged, not allowed to use online boarding pass.
RouteAmsterdam to Dublin
Date FlownOctober 2019

"two trouble free flights"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | Beauvais to Bratislava. I had two trouble free flights within last two weeks. The fares were very cheap. I purchased priority boarding, so had 2 cabin bags allowance. Website experience was good, the mobile application worked fine, and apple pay functionality was a big convenience. The only strange thing about website vs application experience is that when purchasing priority boarding you can not buy 10 kg checked bag allowance on the website. On mobile you can do this. Another thing to watch is cost of this service. It changes, and the price can double, so if you need it, it is better to buy it early. At the airport check-in desk was not overcrowded. Boarding was fast and efficient, with usual nasty waiting when priority line had to be formed on the stairs and then lined up near the plane. But flying low cost you have to accept this. Onboard everything was ok. Seats are passably comfortable. I purchased hot meal and it was tasty. Toilet condition was good. Departures and arrivals both times on schedule. I was able to read all the bad reviews, but as I can see most of them are written by the people who didn't follow rules and been fined for that. For me the main difference between legacy carriers and low cost is that legacy bring you to your destination whatever happens (they put you on different flight or on competition company or re-route you). Low cost carriers just say sorry and do refund. This is where the real difference is. All the rest become more and more identical.
RouteBeauvais to Bratislava
Date FlownOctober 2019

"online check-in was required"

Trip Verified | Ibiza to Milano Bergamo. Before getting to the airport I have received the notification that online check-in was required otherwise a fee of 55 Euro per person would have applied. I tried to do the check in at the airport (2,5h before flight departure) and the app was malfunctioning. I requested some help from the info desk and they could not solve the problem or even help in any way. After a while they realised that I needed to board and gave me no options other than paying 110 euro (2 people) at the counter. They suggested me to contact the customer care straight away and explain the issue. I did so right after and sent an email through their website. They answered me after 10 days telling me that I should have done the check in online.I then contacted the customer care via the live chat and they were absolutely useless. They told me to call the call center and provided me with a number that work only if you are calling from Europe. Once I explained that I live in Australia they said they are sorry and that there was nothing they could do.
RouteIbiza to Milano Bergamo
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Customer Service are robots"

Trip Verified | Prague to Bologna with Ryanair. Paid for carry-on, forced to use check-in, carry on not refunded. Customer Service are robots. No humanity. I am tired of feeling like the object of their constant sales pitches.
RoutePrague to Bologna
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Staff were extremely rude"

Not Verified | Flew out without problem. Checked with staff at Liverpool if bag size was ok, they confirmed it was. On was back from Lanzarote was informed bag was too big. Staff were extremely rude, demanded money to store bags. If we didn't pay extra we would not be permitted onto aircraft. Explained had paid for extra leg room so plenty of storage under seat, nope still had to pay. Bags were taken off us, so no phone,no tablet, no money for drinks etc. Horrible end to a great holiday thanks to Ryanair.
RouteLanzarote to Liverpool
Date FlownOctober 2019

"A really useless airline"

Not Verified | London to Barcelona with Ryanair. The priority queue is much longer than the normal queue. What a joke! Also they ask you to get to the gate for boarding and then keep you waiting at the gate for over half an hour. These things happened on both legs of the journey. A really useless airline, to be avoided.
RouteLondon to Barcelona
Date FlownOctober 2019

"pay 60 euro for a piece of paper"

Trip Verified | Seville to Valencia with Ryanair. I am extremely disappointed with this airline to the point where I will not be flying with them in the future. I find this airline to be very cheap and non understanding. As a student studying abroad, I am on a very tight budget. I have very little data while abroad and so I did not know it was required that I check in before hand. I was charged 60 Euro, when the email said “you might be charged a fee”, not might, there was no discussion, no alternative ways presented, and I was forced to pay 60 euro for a piece of paper all because I didn’t read the fine print terms and conditions. I find that response from the staff extremely sneaky, rude, unempathetic, and honestly quite dumb as I have never once flown on another airline where you can’t check in happily and for free at the airport. I asked them why I was paying 60 dollars and the response was “because you didn’t check in online”. Extremely unimpressed with the staff, quality of flight, and airline logistics in general. I recommend paying that 60 more dollars to find a better airline.
RouteSeville to Valencia
Date FlownOctober 2019

"This airline is a disgrace"

Not Verified | Berlin to Edinburgh. Avoid this airline like the plague. They post cheap prices yet continue to add additional costs as you click through the online ticketing system till the ticket is the same price as any other respectable airline. When we tried to check in online, their website continued to notify us of an error to the point where we waited to check in at the service desk. Upon arrival, we were told there is only online check in and would have to pay an additional 55 euros each. This airline is a disgrace.
RouteBerlin to Edinburgh
Date FlownOctober 2019

"splitting up young families"

Not Verified | Manchester to Majorca. This company makes money from splitting up young families, their system automatically splits young children between the ages of 12 upwards forcing families to pay extra to sit next to their young kids.
RouteManchester to Majorca