Ryanair

“communication was virtually nonexistent”

Not Verified | Dear Fellow Travelers, I feel compelled to share my recent experience with Ryanair to alert fellow passengers about the challenges they might face. Please consider this a word of caution before booking with this airline. On December 2nd, 2023, I was scheduled to fly from Oslo Torp to London Stansted on Ryanair flight RK33. However, what followed was an unexpected and frustrating 5-hour delay. Throughout this ordeal, communication from Ryanair was virtually nonexistent. Passengers were left stranded, confused, and desperately seeking information. Despite my repeated attempts to seek compensation in accordance with EU Regulation (EC) No 261/2004, which clearly outlines passenger rights in such scenarios, Ryanair was dismissive of my concerns. Their responses were generic, devoid of empathy, and offered no meaningful resolution. It's worth noting that Ryanair also insisted on compensating passengers for food and drinks purchased during the delay. However, it's important to highlight that the options available at the airport were severely limited. Hot food or drinks were simply not accessible, leaving passengers with no viable alternatives other than a vending machine. I share this experience not out of spite but as a plea for better treatment of passengers by airlines like Ryanair. As travelers, we deserve transparency, accountability, and respect. I encourage you to weigh your options carefully before booking with Ryanair and to share your own experiences to help others make informed decisions. Let's advocate for better service standards together. Warm regards.
RouteOslo to London
Date FlownDecember 2023

"bang on time and smooth flights"

Not Verified | Flew back from Faro to London Luton Friday 2nd February. Ryanair in both directions was bang on time and smooth flights in both directions. We always sit in Front for more space and this was very comfortable for just under a 3 hour flight. The cabin crew were polite and efficient with nice sense of humour especially and engagement especially Ethan and his female colleague at the front section. For their human touch [unlike sometimes the stand offish BA crews] merit a 10/10 marking
AircraftBoeing 737 900
RouteFaro to Luton
Date FlownFebruary 2024

"Another good affordable flight"

Trip Verified | Another good affordable flight with Ryanair. On time, pleasant staff at check-in and on board. We use Ryanair as our first choice on every flight we take.
RouteBelfast to Alicante

“Really impressed!”

Trip Verified | Really impressed! You get what you pay for, this flight only cost £19.99. The seats were soft, and there was tons of legroom! (not in an emergency exit) The cabin was spotless. The colours were a little bright but it was good. Cheap and no frills! Highly recommend, flies almost everywhere,
RouteEdinburgh to Paris Beauvais
Date FlownOctober 2023

“a decent offering from Ryanair”

Trip Verified | I should like to review my flight from Faro to Liverpool with Ryanair. I booked the seat with Ryanair several months before my planned travel and found the website clear and easy to use. Ryanair sent quite frequent emails relating to the flight and attempted to sell me extras. The check-in procedure was followed by a bag-drop at Faro Airport. This was not efficient and the app they recommended for speedy bag-drop did not work. Setting that aside, I was able to check-in my bag within less than 30 minutes of having arrived at the airport. Boarding was supposedly via group but this did not materialise at all. The cabin crew had a reasonable presence and delivered a serious safety procedure. During the flight the crew worked hard and had several rounds of drinks for sale. I found the seat suitable for a flight just under 3 hours. The flight departed on-time and arrived on schedule too. Disembarkation was delayed in Liverpool while this was not the fault of Ryanair, there was no communication with the passengers as to why this was the case. Disembarkation was not orderly and was poorly managed. Overall, a decent offering from Ryanair.
RouteFaro to Liverpool
Date FlownJanuary 2024

“cabin crew were welcoming and friendly”

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Flight left the gate ahead of schedule, fare was really cheap and cabin crew were welcoming and friendly. Flight was so much cheaper than Aer Lingus and flying with Ryanair is a much better experience.
RouteDublin to Manchester
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"close online checkin 3 hours before"

(Denmark)

Not Verified | Booked a fight from Copenhagen to Poland though booking.com Somewhere in the email from booking.com it states that checkin must be done online from home. I figure I'll do it in the morning since I have plenty of time. it's low season and I don't have any checked in luggage. I live in Copenhagen not far from the airport. Morning comes and I try to check in online. No luck, apparently they close online checkin 3 hours before the flight. I figure I'll just check in at the airport at those self serve terminals. I arrive at the airport 2 hours before my flight and head for a terminal. Prompt says: kindly go to service desk. Head for service desk. They charge me 42 euro to check me in. The flight itself was 57 euro. They almost charged me the price of the flight just to check me in manually! And they forced me to check in manually by closing online and self-serve checkin. This is Ryanair policy. Apparently. Wizzair and booking are not without blame either, as they decide who they want to do business with.
RouteCopenhagen to Gdansk
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"they are really not better value"

Not Verified | The flight itself is operated by Malta air and I've always found their cabin crew to be very pleasant and respectful. That however cannot be said for their handling agents either in Pisa or Stansted. The Stansted bunch I have found to be rude, argumentative and hostile. Like they hate their work. Boarding no matter where is a shambles. You're invariably stuck in a freezing cold or roasting hot stairwell even before your aircraft reaches the gate. It's not a pleasant experience. Nowhere to sit. As budget airlines don't use jetties at the gate there is every chance that you're gonna get soaked going to and from the terminal in winter. Cabins are not the worst that I've been on. I'm a wee guy so 2hrs 30mins isn't too bad. As far as cheap fares go, I've yet to get a Ryaniar flight that I found to be value for money. All I can say about the flights is that they are generally uneventful and again the Malta Air crew are welcoming. I found that once you add on all of their ridiculous charges they are really not better value than companies like British Airways. It is worth remembering that whether you like Ryanair or not it gives us a choice.
RouteStansted to Pisa
Date FlownDecember 2023

"asked me to pay for the backpack"

Trip Verified | Staff is rude and has no manners, let alone be professional. I had a backpack with which I flew from Vienna to Paris through Ryanair without any issues. But while flying from Paris to Barcelona, they asked me to pay for the backpack. They have kept a small rack to check size of your carryon baggage, which is way smaller than the one we have in flight and as a result, high chances you will always end up paying. Because of this there was a long queue and one couple even missed their flight and instead of being considerate, they smiled and asked them to purchase ticket for another flight.
RouteBeauvais to Barcelona
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"ground service staff is really bad"

Trip Verified | Ryanair ground service staff is really bad. If you have a problem, they never listen and they never help. I had problems twice. I tried to explain my situation. They did not listen and they did not take me to the flight. I missed the flight because of their mistake. They did not even look at the evidence that I tried to show them. My family holiday became a tragedy.
RouteEdinbrough to Tirana