Ryanair

Customer rating from 1925 reviews

"I have never flown with them"

Trip Verified | I can't say flown because even though I've booked tickets with them twice, and they've taken my money. I have never flown with them. The first time I showed up at the gate at Gatwick, I was told I could not get a boarding pass because I was from Canada, even though we had a lot Covid-19 infection rate, but OK. When I tried to get a voucher I was told that since the flight was able to leave, I did not qualify for a refund/voucher. The second time, I check online update to confirm my flight has not been cancelled. After putting in my flight details, I get a response that says "No flights found for the search criteria". I contact their live chat. They say that the flight has not been cancelled but to check flight update online to confirm. I told them I did and what the response was. The answer was "I assure you it's not cancelled, but you can check flight update online to conform". The airport is a 4 hour drive from where I live but I'm supposed to drive there (and back if cancelled) based on his 'assurance' when even the flight update does know what's going on.
RouteAlicante to London
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"they just cancel whatever flight they want to"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | I use to fly between Germany and Spain about 20 roundtrips a year, usually on Ryanair. I consider Ryanair's product to be well suited for my needs. Just a seat, no frills, low price, easy way to get from A to B. Nevertheless within the last weeks Ryanair has started to arbitrarily cancel flights due to a low load factor. Somehow I understand this, when there is a sudden change in government rules and people just stop buying tickets. But now Ryanair just cancels whatever flight, that was offered a few weeks ago, just because their load factor is too low for their needs. This happened about two weeks ago and I had to rearrange my travelling, throwing away a couple of tickets from the 8 flights I had already booked with Ryanair. Now they do the same thing once again and my travel plans are totally screwed. From the few flights Ryanair offers, they just cancel whatever flight they want to, obviously without compensation. Therefore I strongly advice to NOT book any Ryanair flight, unless there is normal travelling available maybe in spring 2022. Until then, stick to the serious companies that do fly, when they offer flights.
RouteBarcelona to Frankfurt
Date FlownDecember 2020

"Treating your loyal customers like this is a sure fire way to going bust"

Trip Verified | Due to COVID restrictions we were unable to enter Spain on our 27/12 due date. We Paid over £600 for flights and were told we were not allowed a voucher or refund despite this not being our fault we were told we also had to book before mid March or lose the flight. These alternative flights cost less than £60. We were told we then had to pay a further £18! The person on the chat line for Ryanair was very rude. We take nearly 20 flights a year with Ryanair. Treating your loyal customers like this is a sure fire way to going bust.
RouteEast Midlands to Alicante
Date FlownOctober 2020

"almost every row was not fully occupied"

Trip Verified | Didn’t expect such a comfortable flight with Ryanair. I flew from Dublin to Amsterdam. The flight was less expensive then the panini onboard (€5,). I didn’t have any luggage with me so the total costs including seat reservation summed up to €11, which was less expensive then my commute to the airport. The plane left on time both ways and we landed earlier. Seat quality was quite good, I expected less for €11,. I am 1.80m tall and my legs weren’t cramped against the seat in front of me. 20 minutes after take off the staff started serving food, with a pretty wide variety of options. I don’t know if it was a precaution or that the flight was just empty, but almost every row was not fully occupied, so that social distancing was possible on the flight.
RouteDublin to Amsterdam
Date FlownDecember 2020

"I now have to contact my credit card company"

Not Verified | I booked return flights for two directly with Ryanair at a cost of £662. The flights were cancelled. I applied for a refund. I then received an automated email saying that they could not process the refund as I had not booked with them directly. I forwarded the booking to confirm that I had in fact booked with them directly. Nothing. I have tried to call many times and after going through the options I am told that their customer advisors are busy and the line goes dead. The chatbot does not work. Emails go unanswered, save for an automated reply inviting me to accept a voucher. I now have to contact my credit card company to try and get a refund. It is astonishing that a company can get away with this kind of behaviour. I had known that their reputation was desperately poor but I am still surprised and dismayed that the regulators do not take action against them, as I assume that my experience is not unusual.
RouteEast Midlands to Riga

"This is misleading"

(Luxembourg)

Not Verified | During covid, ticket exchanges were announced to be free. In fact, they disregard you previous ticket's priority, and charge you 10-20 euros for the new priority on the new ticket, WITHOUT giving an opportunity not to buy priority for the new ticket. In effect, the minimum exchange fee is the price of new priority. This is misleading. Of course Ryanair will pinch your penny on your baggage.
RouteMilan to Luxembourg

"Another great flight"

Trip Verified | Another great flight. Very good system in place to feel safe during Covid. Staff are as usual very polite and good. Stick to their rules and you are bound to have a great value flight.
RouteStansted to Thessaloniki
Date FlownOctober 2020

"It was extremely comfortable"

(Spain)

Not Verified | My daughter and I flew last week to Belgium from Malaga for just under the 48 hours allowed without quarantine. Brilliant service. New aircraft On time both ways I was expecting a tiny space as I haven't travelled with them for years. It was extremely comfortable and did not feel cramped at all. I will use them next time.
RouteMalaga to Brussels
Date FlownOctober 2020

"why do Ryanair people keep scamming people like thi"

Trip Verified | Ryanair gave a promotion of no fees to change a flight, so I booked my flight on the 10th September, to fly on 3rd October to 13th October. Unfortunately, the Government put travel restrictions (for Poland) as 14 days quarantine on arrival to UK after the holiday (activated from 4 am, 3rd October). I could not manage to get 2 weeks extra holiday, so I changed my mind and I tried to explain this to 4 customer service agents (from 11 am to 4.30 pm), they showed to me their standard rule is a 7-day change rule and did not let me change my ticket date with fees free promotion. They said - I can only change my ticket before 7 days prior to the flight. They are not a legitimate company, there are so many hidden fees. I paid for my tickets (3 people) 203 GBP with parking, but to change my ticket, they asked me to pay 350 GBP (appx.) including seat booking, extra baggage, everything I have to pay again even though I haven’t used anything. Also, they got my money for parking 10 days into a long stay, but they said they are not responsible to deal with my parking at all. So, why do Ryanair people keep scamming people like this. My suggestions to everyone, please stay away from this budget airline, they have got tonnes of hidden fees. My experience is - if you give them your money and you want to change anything, they will rip you off. So, be careful, ignore Ryanair at any cost, nothing is free with them.
RouteLondon Stansted to Krakow
Date FlownOctober 2020

"train people to better interact with passengers"

Trip Verified | On my flight from London Stanstead to Perugia I boarded around 6:10 am and one of the hostesses impressed me with her ways of treating people. At some point in the middle of the flight I wanted to get up to use the loo, I've seen other people standing up or taking their bags but once I approached the loo, the hostess got up from her corner and started yelling really loud go away, go sit down. I would invite the company to do a revision of their staff and to train their people on how to better interact with passengers. What she should have done instead is to politely explain, why I am not allowed to use the loo.
RouteLondon Stansted to Perugia