Ryanair

Customer rating from 1918 reviews

"It was extremely comfortable"

(Spain)

Not Verified | My daughter and I flew last week to Belgium from Malaga for just under the 48 hours allowed without quarantine. Brilliant service. New aircraft On time both ways I was expecting a tiny space as I haven't travelled with them for years. It was extremely comfortable and did not feel cramped at all. I will use them next time.
RouteMalaga to Brussels
Date FlownOctober 2020

"why do Ryanair people keep scamming people like thi"

Trip Verified | Ryanair gave a promotion of no fees to change a flight, so I booked my flight on the 10th September, to fly on 3rd October to 13th October. Unfortunately, the Government put travel restrictions (for Poland) as 14 days quarantine on arrival to UK after the holiday (activated from 4 am, 3rd October). I could not manage to get 2 weeks extra holiday, so I changed my mind and I tried to explain this to 4 customer service agents (from 11 am to 4.30 pm), they showed to me their standard rule is a 7-day change rule and did not let me change my ticket date with fees free promotion. They said - I can only change my ticket before 7 days prior to the flight. They are not a legitimate company, there are so many hidden fees. I paid for my tickets (3 people) 203 GBP with parking, but to change my ticket, they asked me to pay 350 GBP (appx.) including seat booking, extra baggage, everything I have to pay again even though I haven’t used anything. Also, they got my money for parking 10 days into a long stay, but they said they are not responsible to deal with my parking at all. So, why do Ryanair people keep scamming people like this. My suggestions to everyone, please stay away from this budget airline, they have got tonnes of hidden fees. My experience is - if you give them your money and you want to change anything, they will rip you off. So, be careful, ignore Ryanair at any cost, nothing is free with them.
RouteLondon Stansted to Krakow
Date FlownOctober 2020

"train people to better interact with passengers"

Trip Verified | On my flight from London Stanstead to Perugia I boarded around 6:10 am and one of the hostesses impressed me with her ways of treating people. At some point in the middle of the flight I wanted to get up to use the loo, I've seen other people standing up or taking their bags but once I approached the loo, the hostess got up from her corner and started yelling really loud go away, go sit down. I would invite the company to do a revision of their staff and to train their people on how to better interact with passengers. What she should have done instead is to politely explain, why I am not allowed to use the loo.
RouteLondon Stansted to Perugia
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"extra fee for the checking-in"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Not a nice situation with the extra fee for the checking-in at the airport. It is true that the information about the additional costs at the airport is included in the carrier's regulations, but the ground officer at check-in point did not inform about the additional fee. I wanted to check in my luggage which was previously purchased but it was invisible in his system. He asked me for a credit card, He said it is necessary to check if the baggage was actually purchased, it resulted from the conversation. Unfortunately, I didn't ask if he just wanted to check a baggage fee. Then he issued a bill, as it turned out, he did not check the baggage fee, it was just a fee for checking in at the airport. So, my bad i didn't check the regulations but I ask why personal does not inform about additional fees, costs etc.
RouteCatania to Cracow
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"Jet2 has my business in future"

Trip Verified | Ryanair totally mislead with bookings while Coronovirus is going on. Says you can cancel and rebook at no extra cost but totally misleading. Try to change booking and you are charged a great deal more. I booked to go September 2020 to Malaga but with government changes and so therefore not covered with insurance it was to dangerous to go. My friends booked Jet2 and were refunded straight away. I will not book Ryanair in future and I fly 3/4 times a year, now Jet2 has my business in future and I do not think I will be the only person deciding this.
RouteBirmingham to Malaga
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"I was charged the rebooking fee"

(Cyprus)

Trip Verified | Earlier this year I booked a return flight from Paphos to Stansted. One sector was cancelled and I was offered a free rebooking. With the onset of the pandemic I rebooked for September. The system would not let me rebook just the one sector and charged me a rebooking fee for the sector which had not been cancelled. Fast forward to today; flight back from Stansted cancelled; offered free rebooking. Assured repeatedly on the Ryanair app that the rebooking fee would not be charged at the end of the process. Surprise surprise! I was charged the rebooking fee for the outbound flight, which I had not changed. Moral of the story is to make each sector under a separate booking. Or choose another airline.
RoutePaphos to Stansted
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"cabin crew were fantastic"

Not Verified | Bag drop at Edinburgh efficient but staff miserable. On board both ways the cabin crew were fantastic. Polite professional and nothing was too much trouble. Handling at Tenerife also excellent. Quick and efficient. Would recommend.
AircraftBoeing 737 800
RouteEdinburgh to Tenerife
Date FlownAugust 2020

"Have never experienced such bad customer service"

Not Verified | The worst customer service ever especially in Poland. Arrived to Poland with two paid cabin bag (have been travelling with the same bags for the past no of years) but on my return apparently one of those bag was "too big" and I was asked to pay double to take it on board. Extremely rude staff. Have never experienced such bad customer service. Not to mention that Ryanair owns my money for 4 cancelled flights since March. The flight was on 29/8/20 from Modlin, Poland to Dublin, Ireland. I was ripped off and had to pay crazy money for a laptop bag. The bag was perfectly fine five days earlier while I was travelling to Poland. I hope that the operator will not survive the Covid restrictions as Ireland desperately need a decent airlines (it's a pity that Aer Lingus do not fly to all destinations).
RouteDublin to Warsaw

"This is fraud!"

Trip Verified | After Covid-19 I requested a refund of my money, then after a month they sent me an email saying that I got a voucher and if I want a refund I need to ask for it. I didnt ask again since I had already asked for a refund and the request was accepted. Now on August I find out that I was never in a queue for a refund, and their excuse is that they asked me that if I want a refund I had to ask for it! This is fraud! Now I have to wait for a refund like I just asked for it, waiting for a queue again! In addition, I bought a travel insurance for my flights, and after covid 19 cancellations, Ryannair informed me that they will refund the flight cost excluding the travel insurance cost. Their response was that because I could use the travel insurance for compensation. But then, when I asked if I can get compensation, they told me that according to the terms and conditions, I cannot get compensation for the cancellation. So they kept the insurance amount, even though there is no way to use the travel insurance! I imagine how much money they made from the travel insurance of milions of travelers that never used this travel insurance!
RouteManchester to Rhodes
Date FlownJune 2020

"Blatantly deceiving their customers"

Trip Verified | Blatantly deceiving their customers into thinking they are protected with new bookings with free amendments but it’s all lies. If you go to book the flight outright it is half the price of the flight when you are changing it to a new one. So they aren’t officially charging a change fee but it is absorbed in the new flight price. Just shady and misleading. =
RouteDublin to Luton