Ryanair

"A huge thank you to Ryanair"

Not Verified | Marrakech to Gatwick. A huge thank you to Ryanair for changing a scheduled flight into a rescue one. Without you my husband and I might not have made it home in these troubled times. Understand the frustration of passengers waiting on board for over 3 hours for us but the staff definitely didn't deserve that frustration directed at them. Sad to say as an Australian I had never heard of Ryanair before this flight but believe they are a low cost airline. We have our own and hear complaints about them all the time If we have the ability and funds to travel then we should just enjoy the destination or pay for what we think we deserve. Otherwise stay home. I will be for the foreseeable future but looking forward to get out and seeing the world again.
RouteMarrakech to Gatwick
Date FlownMarch 2020

"praise them for an efficient system"

Trip Verified | After reading horror stories of problems getting a refund from Ryanair, I would like to praise them for an efficient system. Was booked to travel April 5th, received cancellation email, and after going online to Ryanair website, the refund process took me approx 5 seconds and all went through. Not received the money yet of course, by their system is way, way better than British Airways. BA offer refunds but if you do cancellation online they refuse the refund and only offer you a future travel voucher - and you can only get a refund by sitting on their customer service phone line for 2-3 hours. I know which airline is looking after it's customer better and that is Ryanair!
RouteExeter to Malaga
Date FlownMarch 2020

"do not really want to help you"

(Latvia)

Trip Verified | Riga to Dublin. My flight had been cancelled and I was offered to get a refund. Trying to submit a form for my refund I was rejected several times due to invalid Reservation Number (wich was OK actually). Trying to chat to Customer support team I waited over 2 hours in the queue and still did not get through. Similar situation is with calling them. The airline is cheap but once you need to speak to them seems they do not really want to help you.
RouteRiga to Dublin

"Nice cabin crew"

Not Verified | Shannon to London Gatwick. Nice cabin crew but very garish cabin it's like your trapped in bright yellow for an hour. Seats are okay I suppose the thing is it gets you from A to B
RouteShannon to London Gatwick
Date FlownOctober 2019

"This is a rip off"

(Sweden)

Not Verified | Copenhagen to Cologne. The story begins about a few days ago when I first received an email saying my flights are cancelled and I have to either choose the refund route or change the date of my flights. However, it has been now a solid a few days that I am trying to refund my money and the website is not responding. I tried to reach them but it seems they intentionally blocked all ways to avoid refund. The phone lines are always busy and the website's chat bot only responds to standard FAQ questions. Literally nothing works and it is very obvious that they are doing it intentionally. I can really tell this because I have been trying any possible ways for at least 3 consecutive days. This is a rip off, this is robbery.
RouteCopenhagen to Cologne

"Awful customer service"

(Lithuania)

Not Verified | I had my flight cancelled with another company, but Ryanair had one to a similar destination in one hour. A ticket officer refused to sell tickets to this flight just because the system wouldn’t let them to do it. However it was an emergency situation as borders where closing soon, so I believe the worker must have done something if there were spare seats. Awful customer service! I would like to review the company based on a flight, but they didn’t even let me.
RouteLuton to Kaunas
Date FlownMarch 2020

"reference number was not recognised"

Not Verified | My flight to Germany in April has as expected been cancelled which is totally understandable. Ryanair was the easiest airline to use although I tend to avoid them if possible. Their website takes you to their refund application form and details you need to enter is the flight number and the booking reference. I tried sending the form several times but the unique booking reference number was not recognised. I have tried phoning the customer support numbers on their website, the first was out of service and the other two I was told they were busy and was cut off. So unless I write to them its likely I will not get my money back.
Route Stansted to Bremen
Date FlownMarch 2020

"very pleased with my experience"

Not Verified | Manchester to Prague. I was expecting a lot worse with the reviews I had seen. Honestly, no problems whatsoever. I had already checked in a month before so I didn’t have to fuss with checking in. I went to my gate and around 10 mins later they started boarding. We didn’t have to wait outside in the cold like many reviews said, we waited inside until they were ready. Attendants were polite as far as I could tell. Flight was a bit turbulent on take off, but turbulence is normal, apart from that it was such a smooth flight. on landing, they provided buses at prague airport to take us to the doors. Overall I am very pleased with my experience with Ryanair.
RouteManchester to Prague
Date FlownMarch 2020

"gate was closed 18/20 minutes before "

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Bologna to Berlin. I have never been so disgusted by an airline like Ryanair. Due to corona virus in Italy things got a bit crazy, Bologna airport was overcrowded and security lines very slow. It took me 1h and 40 minutes to go through the security and I am sure it could have been even longer if I didn't put pressure to hurry up. Anyway, Ryanair didn't warn that lines were longer than usual and didn't make any announcement telling that the boarding was opening or that the boarding was closing. The gate was closed 18/20 minutes before flight departure (it is stated in their rule that this can happen, but I never experienced that). My question is can it be that in a very difficult moment such as the one in which Italy is, Ryanair decides to be even more strict and careless for his customer? I really have no words to describe how disappointed I was and how disgusted my such poor behaviour of this flight company. On top of this the employees at the desk were very rude and aggressive. At a certain point the employee even told you want to fly with cheap money that's the service you get.
RouteBologna to Berlin
Date FlownMarch 2020

"charge you for everything"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Eindhoven to Porto. They charge you for everything, you need to pay extra 25€ for a bag that other companies let for free so if you thing they are cheap, that not so true. Rude staff and very uncomfortable flight
RouteEindhoven to Porto