Ryanair

Customer rating from 2014 reviews

"flight was the worst experience"

(Croatia)

Not Verified | This flight was the worst experience I’ve ever had. Our flight was already delayed for 2 hours from 6:30 to 8:30 pm. Although that didn’t happen and we were waiting for the plane till 9pm. We got to the plane around 9:20 pm and they informed us that due to the bad weather we need to wait more. After half an hour they said they’ll depart in 1 hour. They didn’t let us off the plane either. So basically we didn’t have any choice but being prisoned in the plane until the weather is ok. When that will be? Unbelievable how unorganized and awful their service is. Zero respect for customers and their time.
RouteParis to Zagreb
Date FlownMay 2022

"All Ryanair staff we dealt with were polite and helpful"

Not Verified | After many many flights and studiously avoiding Ryanair I decided to give them a go,I usually travel to Luton to fly to Faro but with Luton Airport a nightmare I decided to go with Ryanair from my local airport Birmingham. I must admit I was very pleasantly surprised check in at Birmingham and Faro took minutes and both flights were on time, in fact on return journey we arrived 15 minutes early. All Ryanair staff we dealt with were polite and helpful, couldn’t fault them at all so will certainly use them again. Only reason I don’t award full marks was because on the outward flight cabin crew made toilets at the front of the plane for crew only so everyone had to use the back and with the catering trolleys in the aisle for most of the flight it made for some very uncomfortable passengers, no such problem on the return flight.
RouteFaro to Birmingham

"absolutely horrendous"

Not Verified | Leeds to Majorca. My experience was absolutely horrendous. We paid for fast track from Leeds - Majorca - Valencia - Majorca - Leeds. This was a waste of money as we stood in line which was slower than the normal queue at Leeds Airport. On our way back from Majorca we were seated in the waiting area and approached by one of the staff who demanded to see our boarding pass. We showed her the boarding pass and she immediately demanded that we follow her to the desk. She told my nephew that he had a non-priority ticket and said "I need your credit card." When he asked why, she said he had another case and needed to pay £45 now or else he could not fly. She and her colleague seemed to feel proud of the way she had put us on display embarrassing us in front of everyone else who had now lined up behind us. We were being stared at angrily as it seemed we were holding up the queue. I thought I had paid for priority tickets as I paid for fast track and selected seats. I showed them the icon on my Ryanair account after logging in and the responded saying they didn't know what that was. They had to call someone on the phone as my nephew who is American provided an Amex card. They kept us at the desk in front of everyone who thought we were holding up the queue for more than 10 minutes. I asked and they wouldn't give me any more information. Eventually, my nephew got his passport and his boarding pass back and they started embarking. They asked us to wait even though I had paid for fast track and we were already at the front of the queue. They deliberately kept us there and let us board after I became upset. When we boarded we were confronted by the flight attendant who told us that the cabin bag we had just paid for needed to be in the cargo bay even though it's smaller than normal cabin cases. I advised them we had paid and pointed at the tag which was snow taped to the bag and she insisted that we should have been told to put in cargo. I tried to explain that they didn't tell us and we wouldn't know that as we don't work for the airline. She put her hands up in my face cutting me off and stating that its the airport and not the airline and she doesn't work for the airport. I advised that we don't work for the airport either. She agreed for us to have our case in the overhead compartment but stated that should it fill up, it would need to go in the cargo area. We watched as cases bigger and heavier than my nephews were placed in the overhead compartment with no argument. I have never been so embarrassed as I have with Ryanair and will never fly using Ryanair ever again. I will tell anyone who will listen to what happened and never fly Ryanair again. I will happily pay more money to fly with a company with a better reputation. We were deliberately put on display and embarrassed and that is very wrong to do.
RouteLeeds to Majorca
Date FlownMay 2022

"the onboard crew were fine"

Not Verified | I've tried to avoid Ryanair for years after some negative experiences. (Extremely annoying announcements, and disruptive stag-party passengers dressed as superheroes spring to mind.) But my recent flights (Stansted-Lamezia; Malpensa-Stansted) were absolutely fine. I was particularly impressed by how polite and helpful the ground staff were at Stansted, and the onboard crew were fine on the way out, too. I was flying solo and paid for extra legroom etc, which is probably wise if you are not on a tight budget.
RouteStansted to Lamezia
Date FlownMay 2022

"customer service is a foreign idea to them"

Not Verified | I have to say this airline is the equivalent to hillbilly buses you see in southern parts of the U.S. They are forever late, customer service is a foreign idea to them. Utter incompetence in handling aircraft’s! I haven’t flown with them in a year but said I’d give them a go this time. Big mistake, never again!
RouteManchester to Cork
Date FlownMay 2022

"bad experience in Thessaloniki Airport"

Trip Verified | The second time happened to have a bad experience with Ryanair in Thessaloniki Airport. The boarding staff asked me to prove to her my settled status in UK. So, I am in Greece, an EU national, being asked to prove my settled status in the UK. I provide the woman with my code and letter from HMRC showing I have settled status in the UK, and she was not able to use the data provided as she does not know it, and because she needs a database of UK government in order to check my settled status. Finally, my husband logged in the UK Government account and showed my name, this happening after all people left to the plane, and we remained the last ones.
RouteThessaloniki to Stansted
Date FlownApril 2022

"There are much better budget options"

Trip Verified | Boarding experience for elderly people with mobility issues and medical assistance is awful. Priority boarding is meaningless and the big strong or pushy people just push older or frail people out of the way. The process of providing medical waiver letters a day before departure is also very stressful as this leaves no leeway for if there are issues and people may not be able to print these letters if they find digital technology difficult. Staff should help people with medical needs to board early and assist them on the plane. Also staff allowed groups of men to remove their masks on the plane putting everyone at risk. There are much better budget options.
RouteFaro to Newcastle
Date FlownApril 2022

"they made our experience so stressful"

Not Verified | Do not fly Ryanair if you have children! Their website states you are allowed a carry on baby changing bag - yet staff wanted to put my baby’s milk / nappies etc in the hold. I also paid priority boarding to allow me to take on my fold up buggy into the cabin but I was refused this and threatened to be thrown off the flight. My changing bag and buggy were both within restrictions given on Ryanair’s website. Not only that, but when I disputed this, the air crew then refused to serve myself, my 10 month old baby, 2 year old and 3 year old for the entire 4 hour flight. They would not even take our rubbish. I was flying solo with my 3 children and they made our experience so stressful. They are unhelpful, with no understanding or compassion for their passengers. Other passengers were also saying how ridiculous it was given that I had paid for the baggage and I was flying solo. It was my first experience with Ryanair, and my last.
RouteFuerteventura to Luton
Date FlownApril 2022

"almost two weeks and it still not refunded"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | I tried to place booking at 23.03.2022 via ryanair iOS app but got error on payment step, then returned to main screen. After few seconds I was billed and I decide that it was mistake and wait that this withdrawal will cancel. But it was not happened. Than, i try to place booking again and it was success. I ask my bank about first withdrawal, why it was not canceled and they ask me to contact with Ryanair support. I did this and it turned out that in fact in the first case the reservation was placed! But not any information about it. So I have two identical reservation and ask to refund one of them. Now passed almost two weeks and it still not refunded. I have to spend a lot of time to contact with support and so on. So when you bill me - it is few seconds but to got refund i have to wait weeks.
RouteKrakow to Bordeaux
Date FlownMarch 2022

"Terrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Terrible customer service and non-existent communication As a US resident, I had the bad experience of being stuck in isolation in Italy because of covid. As a consequence, I was unable to make it for my Ryanair flights within Italy. I tried to reach out to the company several time to inform them about my situation. After several attempts using some kind of useless robot on their website and talking to representatives on the phone, they don't seem to have or want to put in place any customer-friendly measures in this already stressful situation. I felt totally helpless and I am socked by how they dealt with the situation. I would recommend you use low-cost airlines other than Ryanair for your next trips.
RoutePisa to Palermo