Ryanair

"it was value for money"

Trip Verified | The issue I have with Ryanair, everything else accepted that its a low cost airline and I was not expecting a lot of services doled out to me. However, when you pay for priority boarding, why do you have a single member for check-in at the airport and it makes you look silly and fee silly, that you are in the same line as the non-priority guests. Yes, there is a separate line for the gate access at the airport, but its not like a very big plane anyway. The food and everything else needs to be paid for, there is no inflight entertainment, and maybe like the US, they should make it paid for people wanting to. Otherwise I feel that for a flight to Dublin from LGW, even with paying for baggage and priority, it was value for money.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Dublin
Date FlownJune 2019

"not the way to run check in"

Not Verified | Amsterdam to Dublin. Checking into our flight in Amsterdam was by far the worst experience I’ve had with an airline. With only two desks open and well over 150 people waiting in line, we waited for an hour before we got to the front of the line and were told, as Canadians without an EU passport, we had to go somewhere else to get out boarding passes and then return back into line to check our baggage. What a joke. Where was an employee telling people this for the last hour!? So unprofessional and not the way to run an airline check in. I will not be flying with this airline again and will not recommend it to anyone. Won’t be surprised if we miss our flight at this rate.
RouteAmsterdam to Dublin
Date FlownJune 2019

"required to check in at airport"

Trip Verified | Pisa to Dublin. With new baggage policy there was no option to book 10k bag on board when booking flight so required to check in bag at airport. The check in desks are totally undermanned with only one person checking in bags. Already 15 mins in queue and barely moved. This takes me back a decade in travel process. Ryanair may be cheaper for most routes but at a significant stress price.
RoutePisa to Dublin

"an awful experience"

Trip Verified | My wife and I were due to fly from Porto to Stansted with Ryanair. We had already flown to Porto with them and there were no problems and we arrived in plenty of time for the Flight passing through immigration and going to the gate. When we tried to board the plane the Ryanair employee said we could not fly. We asked why and she said my wife needed her boarding pass approved as she was not an EU Citizen. I tried to point out that my wife had a UK permanent residency card, but she refused to look and told us to "stand over there or I will call the police". As the plane was close to leaving, I approached her again and got the same threat. Finally after the plane left she and her colleague took us down a ramp opened a door and told us to go through. She slammed the door behind us and laughed as she left with her colleague. We were back in arrivals. As a result we had to stay overnight in Porto and book flights back to London City the next day, then train and bus back to Stansted. All in all an awful experience. I have complained to Ryan Air since September. First they acknowledged the claim and gave me a pass code to monitor it on their website. The latter was not recognized so I emailed them. No response for 7 months to numerous emails. I finally wrote to the MD in Ireland and received an email asking for copies of our travel documents, which I sent the same day. 7 days later I emailed again asking them to acknowledge receipt ... no answer. After another 7 days they emailed me to say I had not replied to their email. I replied and forwarded the original emails again one again asking for a reply. To date nothing. All I can say is that Ryanair should be ashamed of their employees action and their level of customer support which is 0.
RoutePorto to Stansted
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"never to fly with Ryanair again"

Trip Verified | Kiev to Stansted. I used to fly this airline many times before and took this tolerant as I understand that this is a budget airline, but this would be the last time me and my friend are flying with this airline ever. The cost of the ticket is small when you buy it many weeks before, if you buy few days before it increases by almost every minute but okay, can take that, but then the online check in closes 3-4 hours before your departure and if you didn’t check in and printed off your boarding pass, you gotta pay 55€ at the airport for you to check in on the flight that might have costed you 10€ or 200€ on the same flight same seat just if gotten later and this is without the luggage. The luggage costs another 30-50€. And also, if your on-board bag is bigger than supposed to be by few sm, you pay another 25€. The airplane is extremely uncomfortable, the seats are uncomfortable. The flights are late on boarding and the customer service and the service on board are very low as well. So it might turn up that you actually pay more, than flying on normal airline. Me and my many friends decided never to fly with Ryanair again, rather pay more for a comfort normal airline and never worry that you might be charged on top or you might be late without them saying sorry. So before hunting for a lower cost, really think about it
RouteKiev to Stansted
Date FlownJune 2019

"flight was delayed by 60 minutes"

Trip Verified | Our flight was delayed by 60 minutes going from Palma to London Stansted. Not awful but after doing some research online, apparently Ryanair has been late arriving at Palma from London Stansted roughly every other day in June 2019. Recommend building in some extra travel time going back to the UK if you opt to use this airline.
RoutePalma to London Stansted
Date FlownJune 2019

"Another good experience with Ryanair"

(Czech Republic)

Not Verified | Another good experience with Ryanair. Great price on the ticket. Flight was pretty much on time. Staff were nice. Boarding was fairly smooth but involved a bit of queuing up, this is by no means unique to Ryanair though. Plane was new, and seats were the thin type which means you have a passable amount of legroom. Had food on board - selection was actually good, price was reasonable and quality was ok. I just don't understand why so many people still criticise this airline - you're paying budget prices - what do you expect? Just don't be an idiot and turn up with excess baggage or having not checked in. Ryanair must send about 10 reminders about this, but some people seem to still miss it. Or, they figure they will just do it anyway, and then stamp their feet to get an exception - don't bother - you're just wasting your time and money, and you will stress yourself out. My two detractors are 'priority' is not really priority these days, because half the plane has it, it should really be seen as a cabin suitcase surcharge, and I think Ryanair may as well just rename it as that. Also, if you have young kids, probably not the best choice because you will probably have to queue up a bit and use a bus to get from the gate to the plane.
RoutePrague to Liverpool

"I was very satisfied"

Trip Verified | Faro to Eindhoven. My first time to travel with Ryanair and I was very satisfied. I paid for no extras. Seats are fine but don't recline. The nicest part of the trip was how polite and friendly the flight attendants were. We arrived punctually.
RouteFaro to Eindhoven
Date FlownJune 2019

"it was standard Ryanair service"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Athens to Catania return with friends (group of 4). Booked a cheap fare (80€) and traveled only with a backpack. Used the app and did not pay for any extras. Got seats 3C (first row aisle) and 33F (last row window). Both flights very full. We were given seats far apart but we did not mind. Outbound flight left on time, return flight used an air-bridge at departure airport - it's the 1st time I encountered this with this airline. This delayed the boarding process a lot, as people were only entering from the front and trying to swap seats in order to sit with their friends/partners/families and they were doing that with their hand luggage, causing a delay of departure of almost 50' (landing 20' late). Majority of the passengers had bought priority, so it's not really priority. Beyond this, it was standard Ryanair service.
RouteAthens to Catania
Date FlownJune 2019

"pleasure flying with you"

Not Verified | Bergerac to Stansted. I have been flying with Ryanair for the last 10 years every 3 weeks from Bergerac to Stansted to and from for work. And have only once had my flight cancelled but that was due to French strikes. And only had maybe 2 or 3 delays. Not bad going for 10 years of traveling. Thank you it was a pleasure flying with you.
RouteBergerac to Stansted