Ryanair

"Won’t book again"

Trip Verified | Ibiza to Madrid. Worst airline ever. Charged 134€ from us for not doing prior check-in. No such thing was clear to me prior booking or mentioned on tickets. Won’t book it ever in my life again.
RouteIbiza to Madrid
Date FlownJanuary 2020

Ryanair customer review

Trip Verified | Bucharest to Berlin. I have flown plenty of times with it, and always the same story. They sell an nonexistent service, called Priority Boarding, and advertise it as if you can actually skip waiting in the queue. What really happens is: Priority Boarding passengers get the honor of waiting first, outside (in freezing cold in winter) until pretty much everyone else, priority or not, has gone through the check-in. So basically we pay extra to have the honor of waiting outside. Fantastic, worth every cent! If you do have any respect for the customer, at least stop selling that package as priority boarding - this service does not exist. Just simply state extra luggage.
RouteBucharest to Berlin

"incompetent staff"

Trip Verified | Venice to Paris. Flights cancelled due to strike in Paris. Could not offer alternative flight offered a refund. I was stranded with no notification received from Ryanair. I manage to locate alternative flights to Paris which cost me an additional £278. I was advised by Ryanair and staff members if I book and locate my own flight they would refund. I have contacted Ryanair since I have returned to the UK they have denied all knowledge of this keep saying raise this with complaints department which I have and now I'm not entitled to a refund. I have been cut off with incompetent staff there is no manager ever available. Now I'm left to fork the bill.
RouteVenice to Paris
Date FlownDecember 2019

"had to pay extra for cabin bags"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Venice. My girlfriend has brought me a romantic holiday to Venice, and the edge was taken from this the night before when she had to pay extra for cabin bags. When we got to the airport we found out that she had paid extra for the return flight only. (£50) Then we had to pay more £50 again and another £20 to seat next to each other. On the plane I was asked to move to my original seat as 80kg will alter how the plane takes off. I will use Ryanair to return home and this will be the only time I will ever use them.
RouteManchester to Venice
Date FlownDecember 2019

"They will sit you apart"

Trip Verified | Brussels to Dublin. They trick in customers in more and more add on purchases. They will sit you apart and bombard you with messages to upgrade. It was last time I was flying that airline.
RouteBrussels to Dublin
Date FlownDecember 2019

"We arrived late to the Gate"

Trip Verified | Stansted to Copenhagen today. Baggage services was very poor and slow followed by long security check in Stansted Airport. We arrived late to the Gate but the attendant was very rude not allowing us as there was still time for us to get on. But they had time to discharge our luggage.
RouteStansted to Copenhagen
Date FlownDecember 2019

"55€ to print boarding pass"

Trip Verified | Madrid to Stansted. I missed the "you gotta check in digitally" email. Was made to pay 55€ to print boarding pass in person.
RouteMadrid to Stansted
Date FlownDecember 2019

"55 GBP for check in at the airport"

Trip Verified | Stansted to Barcelona. I and my friend had received many emails from the Ryanair regarding our flight and emails showing you can check in now service. We tried their website and app for check in which had some problems and decided to do it at the airport. At the airport the check in desk told us that we must have checked in online, and we were asked to pay 55 GBP for check in at the airport (even more than the price of the ticket itself).
RouteStansted to Barcelona

"hand luggage too big"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Malaga to Brussels. They deemed my daughter's hand luggage to be too big. I ended not being able to upgrade and having to pay for extra luggage. I have had it with Ryanair. The people working for this nightmare of a company are great and I am sorry for them.
RouteMalaga to Brussels
Date FlownDecember 2019

"had to pay £55 to check in"

Trip Verified | Stansted to Budapest. Ryanair’s website wouldn’t let me check in, so we got in the bag drop queue for 30 minutes hoping to check in there, to be told we had to go to customer services. Got to customer services to be greeted by the most unhelpful women I have dealt with. She said I had to pay £55 to check in as it was so close to 2 hours before the flight. I refused and said it wasn’t my problem as the website wasn’t working for me. Managed to sort it by myself, through the app. The worst customer service I have ever come across.
RouteStansted to Budapest