Ryanair

"horrible and expensive"

(Japan)

Not Verified | Athens to Heraklion. The most horrible and expensive low cost airlines I’ve ever flown. Wouldn’t recommend to anyone! They charge for printing ticket and bag almost 120 euro plus 40 euro ticket. Service is horrible as well.
RouteAthens to Heraklion
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Ryanair has lost it's appeal"

Trip Verified | Corfu to Stansted. I feel Ryanair has lost it's appeal over the past year or so. On this recent return trip to Corfu, flights are generally delayed to some extent. Previously we always found Ryanair to be very efficient in terms of keeping to departure times. However, boarding process and splitting people up has caused chaos on board. I can understand the theory behind thir policy, and personally, for an extra couple of € I would reserve seat together. But a lot of people still take pot luck, get seats allocated apart and then try throughout the boarding process, taxi, after take off to persuade others to change seats in order that they can sit together. Middle seats being allocated in premium seating (extra leg room, front seats that others pay €15 for). Their boarding process needs to be more streamlined as well, example, boarding at Corfu for Priority, no signs etc. to indicate where to queue. Got through gate, only to be held outside, busses arrived, but for some reason we were not allowed on them for 10 minutes, then a free for all with non-priority and priority getting on buses together. In reality, if another airline is similar in price I would chose them now over Ryanair as the whole travel process has become more chaotic, which is a shame, as with a few improvements and a bit better organisation not costing any money, it could be a far better experience.
RouteCorfu to Stansted
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Complete waste of money"

(Cyprus)

Trip Verified | So, where do I start! It was one of the most idiotic degrading experience of my life! Booked a ticked with boarding priority, plus luggage in the cabin! The priority was only in terms of checking our boarding passes in the airport, nothing more! On the busses from the airport to the aircraft it was mixed, no boarding priority whatsoever! Complete waste of money! In the aircraft, it was, hmmmm ok, first of all it was dirty, in the seats crumbs and spilled coke! The aircraft was smelly and it was the dirtiest thing I have ever seen! When I asked the steward if he could clean it up he told me that I should of take a seat first and then he would come to clean it up. That was the first and last time with Ryanair. P.S with just 14€ more I could of taken a flight with Aegean, with free meal, drinks, seat choice and clean plane/pleasant staff!
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteThessaloniki to Paphos
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"avoid flying Ryanair in future"

Trip Verified | Malaga to Dublin. While I understand that Ryanair is a low cost airline I find their tactics for squeezing extra money out of you distasteful. Everything is extra. For example if you would like to sit with your partner you need to pay for that privilege otherwise you'll be seated randomly. At the airport you will be treated like cattle. We were boarded for our flight and then left standing on a ramp in Malaga airport for 30 minutes while they cleaned the aircraft. The seats are uncomfortable and the service is lacking. The fact that half of their employees are currently striking for better conditions shows how badly they are treated. This translates into employees who really don't care what happens. I will avoid flying Ryanair in future even if it costs me more money.
RouteMalaga to Dublin
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"charged to print boarding pass"

Trip Verified | Stansted to Eindhoven. Instead of checking in online and not be able to print my own boarding pass I thought to check in at the airport. I was there 1 hour and 55 minutes before flight departure. Instead of just helping me, they charged me 55 pounds (75 euros) to print my boarding pass. This money is not going towards some charity or emission compensation but straight in the pocket of the company. And I know that strictly I wasn't on time and rules are there for a reason, but this fee is really out of proportion!
RouteStansted to Eindhoven
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"pay to sit next to each other"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Ponta Delgada. I find it absolutely disgusting of Ryanair to not let sit couples together without extra charge but instead choose random seats apart so that they are forced to pay for having the "privilege" to sit next to each other. My wife is afraid of flying, well done Ryanair squeezing out some extra bucks.
RouteLisbon to Ponta Delgada

"I’m not impressed"

Not Verified | I had a very unpleasant experience travelling with Ryanair from East Midlands to Warsaw Modlin. I had one small luggage (suitcase) with me. My ticket informed me of the luggage size regulations that my suitscase followed and also ticket said that I’m allowed to take one small luggage into the cabin. The gate lady came up to me and put a yellow band around my suitcase and it then went inside with the other luggage. After Landing at Modlin airport my suitcase came out with a broken lock and a broken zip, on top of that next the zip stitches holding the suitcase together were broken - it look like somebody was trying to get into the suitcase. I’m not impressed with the service.
RouteEast Midlands to Warsaw

"asked to pay 50 Euros"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Booked Frankfurt to Corfuusing the “Flexi Plus” option given I was connecting from overseas with a long haul flight with plenty of luggage. At the time of the purchase, the information page was indicating that the 20Kg baggage was indeed included. When I tried to check in at Frankfurt airport on 11/09/210 I was extremely surprised that I was asked to pay 50 Euros for the 20Kg allowance - the employees were referring to an ambiguous police change - which I cannot locate on your website. What I was able to find is that Ryanair removed the 20Kg allowance from the “Flexi Plus” however they still provide it for the “Plus”. However, at the time of my booking “Flexi Plus” was also eligible for 20Kg.
RouteFrankfurt to Corfu

"Very efficient flight"

Trip Verified | Stansted to Shannon. Very efficient flight. Despite the late take-off flight arrived on time. Cabin crew was very friendly, cheerful and in good humour which certainly made for a nice ambiance. The buy on board service was good, I had a lovely chocolate and cranberry cake with tea for 5 euros. Overall I was very pleased with this flight but I wish they had the lovely Ryanair cabin crew tie for sale!
RouteStansted to Shannon
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Cabin uncomfortably hot then cold"

Trip Verified | 737 is uncomfortable and narrow plane to fly, with Ryanair's legroom a 2hr 20min flight was all I could handle. Cabin uncomfortably hot then cold. Smooth journey, cabin crew pleasant and rude, food and drink prices are absolutely ridiculous compared to other low cost airlines. Always try to avoid whenever possible. For what I've paid the price doesn't reflect for the seat quality and food drink prices. Would recommend only at the lowest price.
RouteBudapest to East Midlands