Ryanair

"luggage policy is unbelievable"

Trip Verified | London Stansted to Barcelona with Ryanair. They make you pay even for the air you breathe, their luggage policy is unbelievable. If you think you pay less with this airline be aware that at the end of the day you will pay more, trust me.
RouteLondon Stansted to Barcelona

"The worst airline ever"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Kiev. The worst airline ever. Be extremely careful with everything they could potentially take additional charges for. Number one - online check-in. They lure people to miss online check-in by any means and they charge an insane price for airport check-in. Other than that the service and planes are very poor. On my 4hours flight, they didn't even serve water. Seats are extremely uncomfortable.
RouteBarcelona to Kiev
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"I've had to buy a new ticket"

Trip Verified | The online booking system by Ryanair was causing random issues for me and they deny their faults. On booking this trip for November 2019, I've used the pre-defined flyers information saved in my settings and everything seemed alright upon payment. The confirmation email however was showing my family name as name of the main passenger (despite using the pre-defined passenger information as said), making it impossible to "correct spelling mistakes for free". I did call the customer service, and for two times the line was cut mysteriously making me spend additional 13 euros for a phone call, just to be told it's my fault that I didn't check that everything was alright before paying. I've had to buy a new ticket because it was cheaper than paying the fee for changing the passenger name. Of course they didn't want to refund the unused ticket either. Again, I was booking a flight for another person and added a checked-in baggage for an extra price of 50 Euros (25 per flight). I did check again that everything was alright when paying, and the confirmation email showed that I was only charged 49 euros (instead of 120) and the baggage was not added. Of course adding it at a later stage means paying 80 euros instead of 50.
RouteNaples to Frankfurt Hahn
Date FlownNovember 2019

"disappointed with this company"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Dublin to Glasgow, the flight took 40 min but waiting time in the plane before the take off was 1 hour and half with no opportunity to get water (crew explained they could use a bar only during the flight) or use the toilet. Not all of crew members were nice and polite. On the way back we didn't success in time to do online check-in (our fault, I agree) but we've been just 7 min late to do it. Where is the loyalty? We payed 60 euro for each person just to get a boarding pass. That's crazy! Does in any other company a boarding pass can cost more then a ticket? We are very disappointed with this company, their rules and will not use their service ever again. Better to pay more or fly with a stop than be treated like that.
RouteDublin to Glasgow
Date FlownOctober 2019

"wallet disappeared into thin air"

Trip Verified | Dublin to Gatwick. Barely a minute when I left flight FR116 of 2nd October, 2019, seat no 32F, which was the second to the last seat to the rear cabin area of the plane ( and I was the only one sitting on the row) when I discovered that I have either left my wallet on the seat or it has dropped off on the floor. Earlier in the flight I hesitated changing one of my €50 note to buy £3 water and I told the female cabin crew member same. She asked me what coin I may have and I had €1.20 and she said she was sorry that it's not enough. So I think I mistakenly didn't put my wallet back in my pocket as I intended to. When I made to go back to the parked plane I was told by a security man that I cannot do that and he asked me to make a call on a phone he pointed down at the hall to let them know that I had left my wallet. I made the call and was told that I have to make the complain at the counter. I got to the Ryanair counter in less than 2 minutes and informed the Lady there of my missing wallet. She called someone and hung up and told me the person will call back in 10 minutes. 10 minutes went to 15 minutes and she called back again and was told that the cabin crew members had not found anything. The back n forth went for nearly 40 minutes with me calling customer service who gave me a phone number that hasn't gone through till today. As directed, I went to get the Lost property Contact since I was told that it takes 24 hours for a lost item to be reclaimed. My flight arrived Gatwick a few minutes past 5 but I ended up leaving the airport by 7:30pm because I didn't have money to pay for a taxi home and couldn't reach family that could help. My Credit and Debit Card, plus €101.20, £1 and Oyster card was in that wallet. Finally, a friend helped booked me a Taxi. I can't believe that my wallet disappeared into thin air. I was one of the last 3 to leave the air plane as I had 2 elderly people sitting behind me. I don't think the eagle eyed crew members on the flight could have missed seeing my wallet.
RouteDublin to Gatwick
Date FlownOctober 2019

"denying to let us board "

Trip Verified | I wish I could put zero stars. My family and I were flying from Menorca to Madrid over the summer. We got to the airport two hours before the flight. There was only one person at the counter doing the check in for the whole plane. We waited 1 hour and 20’ to be exact until we got to the counter. The person at the counter tells us we don’t have the boarding passes printed. We had our reservation print out but not our boarding passes, I had tried to do the check in the day before with no luck. Since I was traveling with scattered internet and no printer available, we assumed we would be able to check in at the airport but no. We were sent to another counter at the airport with a Ryanair supervisor who started to mistreat myself and my family. She said we had to paid €220 as a penalty for not having our boarding passes. Of course we were not happy about this but we handed out our credit card and asked her name or employee identification number so we can later make a complaint about her mistreat to the company. She did not like that. She refused to give that information as well as taking our Credit card saying "Why should I give you my name, I don't have to". After these unfortunate exchange with her. I grabbed my phone to see if I could find any way to get the boarding passes online. She accused me of taking a picture of her, which did not occur. I offered her to check my phone and confirm that I wasn’t filming or taking pictures (the airport police confirmed what I was saying was the truth later) and she refused to do that as well. Her assumption was wrong and decided to punish us denying to let us board on this plane or any future Ryanair flight. We asked for help, to see if we could talk to anyone else (any reasonable person), she refused to help or to refer us to any other place that we can address our concern, she wouldn’t talk to us. We asked for any airport authority or for the police to help us out to no avail or response from anyone. In our desperation for help since we were missing our flight my husband had to yell in the middle of the airport calling the police for help to be able to get some attention but no one came. Finally we went to a different company counter and asked them to please call the police for us, the finally called them. Not only we were humiliated by this person who showed abused of her authority but we had to buy new tickets for €1000 and got stuck at the airport for 9 hours for a total arbitrary decision of someone who couldn’t prove any bad behavior on our end. The airport police finally came, we talked to them for a while, we were quite altered by the situation by then they said they could not give us any information of this person and had no authority on the flight since it was owned by a private company so they could not help us. After complaining to Ryanair, they did nothing, they don't care about their customers, they just want your money.
RouteMenorca to Madrid
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Not great service"

Trip Verified | Venice to London Stansted. My third flight in a week. Other two great, Prague to Brussels with Brussels Airlines and Brussels to Munich, with Lufthansa. No problem, no delays, seamless transition. Ryanair a completely different story. The flight was scheduled to leave at 9.55, it’s now 11.05, only just got on the plane, still at least one other busload of passengers to get on before take-off. No explanation or apology from Ryanair. Not great service!
RouteVenice to London Stansted
Date FlownOctober 2019

"staff were very unhelpful"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Shannon. Ryanair staff were very unhelpful and put my 12 year old daughter on a flight on her own while they held me up until I missed the flight because of an error they made. Useless company please do not use when you can use other airlines. Even the security couldn't believe how bad they were.
RouteGatwick to Shannon
Date FlownOctober 2019

"I felt it was misleading"

Trip Verified | Although the gentlemen cabin crew were very pleasant and helpful during the flight in comparison to the flight on the way to Gran Canaria with the cabin lady been so rude and ignorant and too busy flirting with the other cabin crew. On the flight back to Birmingham on 30/09/19 I wanted to purchase the Versace Yellow Diamond Intense perfume from the book given out which was €35.20, when I smelt the tester and asked to buy it I was then told I couldn’t purchase it at that price and it would be around €46/€47 due to Ryanair updating their app as the catalogue books was being changed the following day, surely it is false advertisement and what is the point in offering the books out if you are not going to honor the price it is advertised at? I felt it was misleading.
RouteLas Palmas to Birmingham
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"First and last time with this lousy company"

Trip Verified | Ryanair not recommended when flying with young children. As an Australian tourist in Europe, I was unaware of the existence if so called 'online airline companies' and thus unexpectedly hit by 3 times a €55 airport check in fee (for a €40 flight) But despite that, Ryanair was unable to provide seating for my wife, our 5 month old baby and me together. Airport check in staff said that seat selection is done 'randomly' at Ryanair and referred me to cabin crew who were unable to help out either. Therefore, my wife and infant son were seating at the front of the aircraft and I was seating almost at the very back despite the one booking made. Contacted Ryanair to express my unhappiness about the unjustified charge of €165 for check in, and still not being able to sit together. However received only a very rude email back referring to terms and conditions and their random seat selection policy. First and last time with this lousy company.
RouteWeeze to Valencia