Ryanair

"Disappointing experience being a frequent Ryanair flyer"

(Lithuania)

Not Verified | I recently had an unpleasant experience with Ryanair going from Barcelona to Budapest. The flight was delayed by around 3 hours due to reasons I wasn't told. This has caused spending an extra overnight stay at Budapest with hotel and transport expenses from my own pocket and booking a new flight the next day. Because the flight was delayed by so much I have lost my connecting flight for which I had a 2 hour layover window. No desks were operating when I got to Budapest at around 23:00. Received no apology or guidance at the time of the need. Disappointing experience being a frequent Ryanair flyer. Caused me a lot of problems. I have filled the Ryanair form and also sent an additional query. Have not heard back for almost a month now.
RouteBarcelona to Kaunas via Budapest
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"out of Malaga the staff were rude"

Trip Verified | The airline racks on a whole bunch of unnecessary fees. They also delayed the flight by 5 hours and 18 minutes and by law they are supposed to compensate for the flight being late but they refuse. I absolutely hate this airline and will never fly with them again. And, on my next flight with Ryanair out of Malaga the staff were rude.
RouteAmsterdam to Malaga
Date FlownAugust 2022

"all hidden costs and trouble"

(Greece)

Not Verified | Budapest to Athens. Give me a reason to fly again. Poor services in everything. Cheaper airline? Of course no! If you add up all hidden costs and all trouble they cause you is one of the most expensive and worst in quality airline companies. Please please listen to me and think. I am sure you will understand why you should not fly with Ryanair again
RouteBudapest to Athens
Date FlownOctober 2022

"treatment of passengers is inhumane"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | I seriously thought we would never get home safely ... but that was not the only terrible part! After a nice week of vacation we take a Ryanair flight from Porto to Milan, estimated duration: about 2 hours (?). We are almost to our destination but we are told that we cannot land because of a thunderstorm. Result: we stay for more than an hour and a half suspended in the sky amid black clouds, lightning and thunders at close range. After that we are told that it will not be possible to land in Milan, so they take us to another airport (without telling us which one, except once we land!). We finally land in Genoa, tired but glad to be on land. Another hour and a half of waiting and we are told that we will be departing again? In the meantime, no one offers us water, food, but the captain tells us that we have "permission to contact family and relatives," if we desire. In the meanwhile, we contact our hotel to alert them to the uncertainty of the situation; they unfortunately warn us that it will not be possible to check in in the middle of the night (it was midnight by then). We arrive at Milan Linate and manage to catch the last shuttle to downtown Milan, where we squeeze into the first hotel next to the Central Station, in order to make as little distance as possible at midnight with baggage and personal belongings. Bewildered but exhausted and thus resigned, we pay three times the price of the hotel originally booked, which did not allow us to have a refund because of the short notice. Finally, once back home we decide to pursue a refund request (end of July 2022), promptly rejected because EU261 regulations do not provide for refunds due to "unforeseeable" conditions. We call support again, who suggests we ask for compensation instead of a refund (August 2022). In September 2022 I submit the request, in October 2022 I receive no response (waiting time described by the site for processing the request: 10 days), and decide to call the client support again. The operators, as always rude and annoyed, say they will send a reminder. I have no words for the incompetence of this company, their treatment of passengers (leaving them without water, food, explanations) is absolutely inhumane.
RoutePorto to Milan (Linate)
Date FlownJuly 2022

"flight was delayed by over 3 hours"

Trip Verified | It all started what now seems a lifetime ago when sitting enjoying the sites of Lisbon City centre when my partner checked the Ryanair app out of mere curiosity to find our flight was delayed by over 3 hours. Inconvenient yes, but perhaps we could enjoy a few extra hours before heading to the airport? A quick chat with customer services should easily tell us if that's OK or whether we must be there for the original departure time. After 20 minutes of fighting the customer service chat feature we gave up. A completely automated response to all questions, none of which related to the query at hand. Fast forward to the airport - the main terminal looks nice but we get shuttled off to the budget terminal. Past security, not fun but not the fault of Ryanair at least. The delay is over 4 hours now so a quick search online shows we are entitled to food and drink. Best find a member of their helpful crew who will be happy to help! A walk of all the gates though provides slim pickings .. perhaps they don't want to help the people from the growing list of flights being delayed? When we did track down a member of staff at a gate, we were ushered through a gate to a Ryanair desk that could help, only to find on going through the door that it was a one way trip - back to the initial check-in slaughterhouse. I feel by this point we all know what the response was at the check-in desk - go and ask at the gate of course. We tried to argue briefly. We took the tickets, we accept our fate. At least the comforting knowledge we received from the checkin desk that someone will come out and offer help from Ryanair back at the gate will keep us warm over the upcoming hours of woe. Back at the gate now. Security was even better the second time around, apparently they don't like boarding passes being used twice. When we mentioned Ryanair though they seemed to get it. Not sure how many hours to go. Perhaps a member of Ryanair will come and offer assistance at some point. Perhaps even food. Or water. Even an update on the flight that keeps getting pushed further back. We can only wait and see.
RouteLisbon to Edinburgh
Date FlownOctober 2022

"Cheapest tickets on the market"

Trip Verified | Another great flight with Ryanair. Cheapest tickets on the market. Great, helpful staff. Flight bang on time. Smooth and efficient. Food and beverages available and super landing. My gripe is the seats were very uncomfortable and no leg room. Really hard on me as I'm in ill health at present and it's a fairly long flight. But that aside we'll done by my favourite airline.
RouteDublin to Dalaman

"Hidden fees everywhere"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | We payed the small fee for a 10 kg small bag. But when we arrived at the gate check in, they charge us with a fee of 499kr. So dumb when we meet the recommended level for flying with your company. Hidden fees everywhere.
RouteStockholm to Alicante
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"most horrific airline to fly with"

Trip Verified | Ryanair is unfailingly the most horrific airline to fly with. Appalling customer service, attracts clients because of its seemingly “cheap” tickets but there is always hidden fees somewhere. This time it was because i arrived to check in 1 hour and 45 minutes before flight instead of two hours - so got charged 30 euros. I had tried to check in for both flights at my departure destination as I knew I wouldn’t have a lot of time at the transit stop to do the check in. Bad tempered Ryan Air staff told me I couldn’t but she just seemed like she couldn’t be bothered. I then got charged 30 euros at the transit stop because I had checked in ‘late’ (even though I had tried to do it 4 hours earlier). The thing that bothers me the most though is that they advertise “free airport check in two hours before flight departure” but fail to mention that they will charge you if its less than that time, or how much they will charge you (they probably do tell you somewhere in small print but the spirit is one of being scammed). Hate this airline. Never using again.
RouteDublin to Marrakech via Madrid

"Poor customer service."

(Poland)

Not Verified | Poor customer service. You can’t even carry a small bag of clothes you have to pay for it. Badly handled customers and they dictate what to do with your bags. The flight was so disturbing l have ear aches all the way. It’s uncomfortable to use and they were also late, the flight was delayed. I would rather use another airline. I don’t mean to be rude but that’s what l experienced
RouteHungary to Warsaw
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"Awful from start to finish"

Not Verified | Had no choice but to fly Ryanair on this occasion to Budapest. Awful from start to finish. Both flights delayed by 2 hours. Got to experience their 737max...not at all pleasant, seats crammed in so you end up leaving with back pain. Non stop announcements throughout the flight like a flea market. Ryanair end up more expensive than a real airline by the time you add on the extras. Aer Lingus please, please, please start flying to Budapest again during the summer season and save me from Mickey Mouse Michael O’Leary airlines.
AircraftBoeing 737max