Ryanair

"Awful customer service"

(Lithuania)

Not Verified | I had my flight cancelled with another company, but Ryanair had one to a similar destination in one hour. A ticket officer refused to sell tickets to this flight just because the system wouldn’t let them to do it. However it was an emergency situation as borders where closing soon, so I believe the worker must have done something if there were spare seats. Awful customer service! I would like to review the company based on a flight, but they didn’t even let me.
RouteLuton to Kaunas
Date FlownMarch 2020

"reference number was not recognised"

Not Verified | My flight to Germany in April has as expected been cancelled which is totally understandable. Ryanair was the easiest airline to use although I tend to avoid them if possible. Their website takes you to their refund application form and details you need to enter is the flight number and the booking reference. I tried sending the form several times but the unique booking reference number was not recognised. I have tried phoning the customer support numbers on their website, the first was out of service and the other two I was told they were busy and was cut off. So unless I write to them its likely I will not get my money back.
Route Stansted to Bremen
Date FlownMarch 2020

"very pleased with my experience"

Not Verified | Manchester to Prague. I was expecting a lot worse with the reviews I had seen. Honestly, no problems whatsoever. I had already checked in a month before so I didn’t have to fuss with checking in. I went to my gate and around 10 mins later they started boarding. We didn’t have to wait outside in the cold like many reviews said, we waited inside until they were ready. Attendants were polite as far as I could tell. Flight was a bit turbulent on take off, but turbulence is normal, apart from that it was such a smooth flight. on landing, they provided buses at prague airport to take us to the doors. Overall I am very pleased with my experience with Ryanair.
RouteManchester to Prague
Date FlownMarch 2020

"gate was closed 18/20 minutes before "

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Bologna to Berlin. I have never been so disgusted by an airline like Ryanair. Due to corona virus in Italy things got a bit crazy, Bologna airport was overcrowded and security lines very slow. It took me 1h and 40 minutes to go through the security and I am sure it could have been even longer if I didn't put pressure to hurry up. Anyway, Ryanair didn't warn that lines were longer than usual and didn't make any announcement telling that the boarding was opening or that the boarding was closing. The gate was closed 18/20 minutes before flight departure (it is stated in their rule that this can happen, but I never experienced that). My question is can it be that in a very difficult moment such as the one in which Italy is, Ryanair decides to be even more strict and careless for his customer? I really have no words to describe how disappointed I was and how disgusted my such poor behaviour of this flight company. On top of this the employees at the desk were very rude and aggressive. At a certain point the employee even told you want to fly with cheap money that's the service you get.
RouteBologna to Berlin
Date FlownMarch 2020

"charge you for everything"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Eindhoven to Porto. They charge you for everything, you need to pay extra 25€ for a bag that other companies let for free so if you thing they are cheap, that not so true. Rude staff and very uncomfortable flight
RouteEindhoven to Porto
Date FlownMarch 2020

"bag wheels was not fitting in"

Trip Verified | Thessaloniki to Stansted. Its ridiculous how small is the cabin bag size allowed. I had to pay 25€ because my bag wheels was not fitting in. This is my last time traveling with this company.
RouteThessaloniki to Stansted
Date FlownMarch 2020

"the entire experience was disgraceful"

Trip Verified | London Stansted to Warsaw with Ryanair. Charged extra because bag had wheels despite being in wight limit, employee rolled eyes and said "It's Ryanair you have to pay for everything". The plane was horrible and the entire experience was disgraceful.
RouteLondon Stansted to Warsaw
Date FlownNovember 2019

"penny pinching by Ryanair"

Not Verified | Copenhagen to Dublin. Normal flight. However penny pinching by Ryanair. Lucky I travel with nothing but my passport and wallet. Otherwise with the “extras” I would have paid double my fare. An atrocious airline which I would dissuade anyone from traveling with. A disgusting display in the broader EU market of flight fare. I’ve flown cheaper from England via a transfer than I have direct from Dublin. An absolute disgrace to call this an Irish service as a proud wexford man.
RouteCopenhagen to Dublin
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Couldn’t be more happy!"

(Sweden)

Not Verified | After a slight delay in departure and an incredibly long day of frustration after frustration, we finally boarded the plane. My heart sank when I saw my phone battery at 10%. I searched for a charging port at the seat, unfortunately nothing (drawback of having such well priced tickets). I asked a flight attendant if there was a charger at the back but he told me there wasn’t any. However, he came back a minute later to offer me his personal charger. That’s what I consider going above and beyond. He had no reason to offer his personal belongings to a customer but he did it anyway. Ryanair, keep up the good work and take care of your incredible staff! Couldn’t be more happy!
RouteGothenburg to London
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"carry on and pay 25€ for it"

(Morocco)

Not Verified | I have booked my flight that was not a direct one. I booked on an intermediary website. I see on my ticket that I can take to the cabin a 9kg luggage. Two hours before my flight I was finally able to download my boarding pass, that’s when I discover I don’t have a carry on and should pay 25€ for it and with a transit this means 50€ which was the price of the ticket. I had no choice and the staff are the worst ever, the plane is noisy with staff passing by selling stuff constantly. They forced me to leave my luggage aside at the boarding gate and couldn’t take it with me in the cabin. I couldn’t edit my reservation on the ryanair app and make it a "priority" one because they were asking for the email address and I booked through a website. Why couldn’t I just enter my last name with the reservation number? Worst treatment for its customers by far, worst ever. Plus they charge people big amounts of money if they show up at the gate with no boarding pass. A few years back I had a different story with them and still forgave them and booked from them, never again.
RouteBerlin to Brussels