Ryanair

Customer rating from 1925 reviews

"you just lost a customer"

(Portugal)

Not Verified | The whole "possibility to change flight due to corona" for free is a scam. In total 4 flights I purchased. 1. the first flight was cancelled, I made a claim for a refund- they got back to me after a week with a voucher instead of money return and made it impossible and difficult to get my money back, eventually I had to give up and accept the voucher. The second flight I could not change for free, I could not make decision in less than 7 days prior to flying so I missed the "free change option" - did not fly. The other two flights were purchased together and because of that I just could not make change only to one of the flight, only to both of them. So I did not make a change, did not fly. Totally disappointing experience. You might have gotten my 100 eur of my flights this time but you just lost a customer. Great example how not approach customers.
RouteLisbon to Vienna

"friendly and professional"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | What I like about this company is the fact flight attendants are friendly and professional while maintaining good prices. Have used them to Ponta Delgada, Rome and now Lourdes. Never had bad experiendes.
RouteLisbon to Lourdes
Date FlownAugust 2020

"disrespect for the client"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Both flights were canceled 2 weeks before departure, they promised to return the money within 1 month (I have received an official confirmation) More than 3 months have passed, the promise has not been fulfilled. The CEO does not respond to address emails, the customer service sends me to the robot. A complete disgrace, disrespect for the client!
RouteLappeenranta to Milan
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"I forgot to fill it in"

Trip Verified | Flying from Dublin to Brussels on August 10th, I received a text the night before to register with the Belgian government who track people travelling to control Covid-19. I forgot to fill it in and did it on the spot. I struggled to get confirmation cause the staff made me panic, telling me it was my fault. Eventually they rejected my entry in the plane and cost me to re book for almost 300 euros.
RouteDublin to Brussels
Date FlownAugust 2020

"had to pay 55 EUR in the airport"

Trip Verified | As of June 2020 you can simply add 55 EUR to the price of a one-way flight of you itinerary that is operated by Ryanair. If you don't check-in online, you have to pay for the check-in in the airport. It is there in the conditions, so no surprise. But if you google something like "ryanair error check in" there are quite many people complaining about not being able to check-in online. Though there are useless advice like trying other browser and clearing browser cookies. I had seats purchased, so theoretically I was able to check-in 60 days in advance. I tried it a week in advance, several days in advance, less that 2 days but more than 24 hours in advance. Never worked. You just fill all the check-in data in the account/booking, click next and nothing happens. In the browser console network tab you can see a 500 HTTP status return for the request made when you click "next". It usually means that the web service encountered an unexpected error, but of course only people that have access to the system can figure out why the error happened. User interface of Ryanair web application doesn't report any problem whatsoever, just does nothing. After not being able to check-in online, had to pay 55 EUR in the airport. Filed a complaint online on Ryanair site, no answer for more than a month, and I don't expect any.
RouteMunich to Palma de Mallorca
Date FlownJuly 2020

"customer service is shocking"

Trip Verified | So Ryanair says you can change your flight for free but actually you can’t because the online management tool adds this on. I’ve spent three whole days in a queue to try to get this amended but nobody on the web chat is acknowledging me or answering my query. If I spend three day on hold via the number they say to call costing 13p a minute. It would pay for a new return flight. My flight is on 5/8/20 so I am going to lose my money even those they are in breach of their own terms and conditions. I travel regularly with them but customer service is shocking.
RouteBirmingham to Porto

"appalling customer service"

Trip Verified | Was due to have a return flight with Ryanair from Lanzarote on 22nd April, like everyone my flight was cancelled due to COVID 19. My outward flight was with Jet 2 who rang me three days before my flight was due. Apologised for the inconvenience and promptly refunded my money in full ( brilliant service). Ryanair on the other hand tried to fob me off with a voucher, but in small print at the end reluctantly offered a refund. I filled in the form and sent it off. I waited and waited. Then on the 30th July I received an email from them offering me a voucher and once again right at the end in small print I could have a refund if I filled a form in again (this had a familiar ring to it.) I am of course still waiting. Never have I experienced such appalling customer service, how they remain in business is beyond me. Like many others I will of course never fly with this airline again. I can only think sooner or later they will go out of business, they certainly will be no loss!
RouteLanzarote to Stansted
Date FlownApril 2020

"sent a voucher three months later"

Not Verified | My flight was cancelled due to Covid 19 and I claimed a refund. Ryanair advised that I would get a refund but would have to wait as there were a lot of claims. They sent a voucher three months later (expires in 12 months) and it is now impossible to contact them.
RouteDublin to Barcelona
Date FlownMarch 2020

"friendly and attentive cabin crew"

Trip Verified | Excellent all round. After being badly let down by their major competitor I reluctantly took the very early morning flight. Easy on time boarding, friendly and attentive cabin crew and a chirpy pilot. Plane very clean and fresh. Crew ensured masks Worn and policed toilet visits really well. On time landing and easy disembarkation. Well done.
RouteStansted to Brindisi
Date FlownJuly 2020

"Flight was 100% satisfactory"

Trip Verified | Just flown Dublin to Dalaman. Flight was 100% satisfactory. On time and very attentive crew. Plane was clean and bright. Decent legroom and cheaper than any other carrier. Well done Ryanair.
RouteDublin to Dalaman