Ryanair

Customer rating from 2061 reviews

"worst airline I have ever flown"

Trip Verified | Ryanair is absolutely the worst airline I have ever flown. They up charge for everything. Upon arrival at the airport they wanted me to pay an additional "musical instrument" fee for my guitar after I had already paid an additional fee to carry it on the plane. We explained this fact, but were treated horribly by the service desk, and made to either buy a separate seat on the plane for my guitar or pay this additional fee. They claimed that the case would not fit in the overhead bins, but it clearly would. They also booked off-site Parking and upon our return from the trip, the parking attendant did not show up at in the airport to pick us us and was unreachable by phone after 4 attempts. We ended up having to take a Bolt car over to the parking lot and were then verbally attacked by the parking attendant who was angry that we used WhatsApp to call him instead of regular phone line to reach him. No apology for our difficulty in reaching, said "we made a mistake" when clearly they had not showed up as stated in their instructions.
RoutePorto to Funchal
Date FlownJuly 2022

"very disappointed of the Ryanair staff at Genoa"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | I was travelling from Genoa to Vienna, and I bought the ticket one night before with the luggage included. I didn’t know the small one is included just for the Priority that I will know in the future, but at boarding they say they will cancel me if I don’t pay in 1 minute for the small luggage. I was waiting my phone to get connected so I can use the bank, because cash they didn’t want to take. I am very disappointed of the Ryanair staff at Genoa.
RouteGenoa to Wien
Date FlownJuly 2022

"my suitcase has not been found"

Trip Verified | On 4 April I flew from Tel Aviv airport to Budapest on Ryanair flight FR6755. The last time I saw my suitcase was at the luggage belt of the Ryanair check in desk at Tel Aviv airport. When my suitcase did not arrive at Budapest airport, I filed a property irregularity report. Up to this day - June 2022 - my suitcase has not been found. My emails remain unanswered and calling is useless as the employees can only tell you to write (another) email.
RouteTel Aviv to Budapest
Date FlownApril 2022

"had to pay $128 for check in at airport"

Trip Verified | The worst airline I have ever tried. The tickets are cheap at the time of buying. However, I had to pay $128 for check in at airport for me and my wife. There is no personal from Ryanair at airport to talk to. There is no customer service. I would never try to buy ticket from Ryanair.
RouteLulea to Stockholm
Date FlownJuly 2022

"helpful and efficient treatment"

(Portugal)

Not Verified | The flight itself was uneventful apart from feeling even more cramped (row 31) than normal and running 20 minutes late but my rollator/walker did not arrive at Faro. On going to the Ryanair desk at Faro the staff could not have been more helpful in making numerous calls to try to locate it but Leeds Airport were not answering the phone. With many apologies we were advised to go home and await information from them. After 3 days with numerous calls saying they could not get a response from Leeds we got a call from Fiona of Ryanair in Dublin to say they realised how important my rollator was for me and, if I could supply details of model and supplier they would supply a new one. This I did and today a brand new one, fully assembled as requested, was delivered to our home by a friendly, smart Ryanair employee. One could not have wished for better, more helpful and efficient treatment.
RouteLeeds/Bradford to Faro
Date FlownJune 2022

"The aircraft was semi-clean"

Not Verified | Boarding was done without an air bridge but it is a budget airline after all. The seat did not recline nor have a moveable head rest. There were no complimentary meals, drinks or snacks. The crew looked life-less and didn't show any form of emotion. The aircraft was semi-clean.
RouteBerlin to Dublin
Date FlownNovember 2021

"I would avoid flying with them"

Trip Verified | The worst airline ever! The flights are always delayed and they have most ridiculous excuses for it. Last time we spent 6 hours in the airport from departure due to delays and we've been given 4 euro vouchers to spend on food, although, the sandwiches in the café cost more than that. I would avoid flying with them.
RouteVilnius to Leeds
Date FlownJune 2022

"I will not fly with Ryanair anymore!"

(Romania)

Not Verified | I have flown with this company 3 times for 3 different destinations, and, every time the flight was delayed, last week, for example, it took off 1.5 hours later than it should have. Same on both ways. They earn much money from this delay policy and people shouldn't accept it. They ruin your connections and they ruin you plans for vacation! I will not fly with Ryanair anymore!
RouteMarseille to Bucharest
Date FlownJune 2022

"has to be the worst customer service"

Trip Verified | After Ryanair had cancelled my flight to Prague just 1 day before the flight, I was forced to place another booking for over £340 to make sure I was able to travel, I couldn't take the risk. After the trip I'd spoken with an agent and they agreed to process a refund excluding the extra for booking through a third party. They lso advised that I would receive my refund within 1 week. I chased this up another 5 times throughout April, May & June. Every time, the agents said it was a processing error & the money would be paid within the next week and it never was. When I requested a confirmation email, each agent has told me this is not possible. After speaking to an agent today (we are now in July), the agent has again confirmed that Ryanair will be processing the booking fee and nothing else. After speaking with an agent on the phone today; I have been advised that I will receive a confirmation email that my refund has been processed, something I have been denied before. The agent also advised me that payment may take up to 28 days. This is another 28 days on top of the 60+ days since Ryanair advised that I would receive my payment in the next week. This has to be the worst customer service in business.
RoutePrague to Stansted
Date FlownApril 2022

"They destroyed our family vacation"

(Czech Republic)

Not Verified | Ryanair is the worst airline ever, I do not even recommend this to my biggest enemies. We were supposed to fly at 8.35 to Marseille. We got through security and we waited for the gate to open. But suddenly our flight info disappeared from the display, it said that there is no gate open for it. After 10 min. they tell us that the flight has been cancelled and that we must leave the airport immediately. They didn't give us any reason or any compensation for it. They destroyed our family vacation. So now we can't do anything about it and we must accept that Ryanair won't get us there. After a few hours, we were told that the plane just didn't arrive. When we tried to get a refund for the tickets, they told us they will give us only one ticket, because the flight back technically didn't get cancelled so they won't give us the money back. With that said, the lesson learn is to never fly with companies like Ryanair!
RoutePrague to Marseille