Ryanair

Ryanair customer review

Bristol - Malaga. Return flight was booked for family of 4 with 2 bags checked in (already charged £100 for privilege of taking 2 hold bags). For the return my wife had to leave a few days early due to unforeseen circumstances so she departed on a different flight from Seville. At Malaga airport tried to check in with the 2 kids and 2 bags - only to be told had to pay an extra 100 Euros on the spot to 'transfer' one of the bags from my wife to one of the children. Otherwise would not be able to take it. Means I paid approx £130 for the one suitcase plus £50 for the other. Absolute rip off; and the flights were not exactly cheap even before the add-ons. Will never be flying Ryanair again.

Ryanair customer review

I have flown with Ryanair many times and have just returned from Lanzarote flying out of East Midlands I cannot fault the service whatsoever. What I have noticed the same problems occur time and time again. People don't read the rules you don't get something for nothing you know that with Ryanair - accept it. Why do people with children think they have the right to complain when they saunter on to the plane at the last minute and wonder why the are unable to sit together. People get to the check and have to start unpacking cases because they cant be bothered to weigh there luggage. Ryanair is the cheapest not the best I accept that but most of the problems I have seen are caused by the passengers themselves.

Ryanair customer review

Definitely not for flying with small children. I flew to Poland with my nearly 3 months old daughter and got no help from staff whatsoever. I paid for seat for my little girl however was expected to keep her on my lap as she wasn't allowed to have her own. It would be great if I could just lay her down surely we would both be more comfortable. Also women with kids or pregnant get no priority at the boarding gates staff are rude and treated us as a load not a human beings talking down to us. At the end of the day we are paying customers so show us some respect! Will not fly with them again.

Ryanair customer review

My first Ryanair flight was Manchester to Memmingham. What really annoyed me was that my wife and I seemed to be the only people to follow the cabin baggage rules! Everyone else had huge rucksacks that were no way acceptable - and nobody checked at either end! As for families with children and push chairs (have you seen the size of them nowadays) I would ban them from cabins at any price. One saving grace however was that seat backs are fixed in the upright position. Will I travel again with them. Probably yes as it is cheaper than Swissair to Zurich.

Ryanair customer review

Ryanair informed me that my flights from Liverpool to Rimini had been cancelled 3 months ago only 3 weeks before I was meant to fly. I ended up having to stay at home and lost parking and hotel deposit. Since June I have my flights to Rimini from Stansted booked and confirmed for Christmas. My family who live in Rimini have just informed me that Ryanair is stopping flying there from September so I phoned customer service to find out. I was told yes it was true and asked if I wanted a refund. Is that all you've got to say I inquired. After a long silence I was asked again if I wanted a refund; there was no explanation. To summarize Ryanair know that they are not going to fly into Rimini at Christmas but have no intention on informing the poor passengers who are looking forward to being there for Christmas. Not only they are holding on to everyone's money. They will hold you to ransom nearer the time leaving you no choice but to fly to Bologna or Ancona at inflated prices.

Ryanair customer review

I flew recently from Manchester to Bremen in Germany and am already a regular Ryanair passenger. As always the service worked perfectly. We arrived a few minutes late but I do not think 10 mins matters. Staff are always pleasant if a little unconcerned. I feel a little sorry for them having to sell lottery tickets but it does keep the prices down. I have never incurred charges as I read the rules.

Ryanair customer review

Our flight from Limoges France to Stansted was cancelled due to poor weather although other planes including Ryanair flights were able to come and go. The next flight from Limoges to Stansted with availability was 3 days later. So we accepted a flight to Leeds the following day. That was all that was done for us we had to arrange our own overnight accommodation transport to and from the airport etc. My advice is if you travel with Ryanair: Make sure you have access to the internet because you need to react pretty quickly when the flight is cancelled as the airports are usually in the middle of nowhere. Know the location of the other airports Ryanair operate. We were offered a flight from Bergerac the next day but the airport staff could not tell us how to get there by train. Don't book stuff for the day after your arrival. There were people in the queue with connecting flights tickets for the Olympics that they could not use. Based on the above I would not travel again with Ryanair if I was travelling to a tight schedule. In total we got home 26 hrs after we planned.

Ryanair customer review

Flying out of Manchester staff friendly and helpful coming back through Palma a different matter. My hand luggage that was the right size going out was deemed to be too large when I was flying home and I was forced to pay €50 and put it in hold leaving me without my pain medication. The priority boarding I had paid for was non existent traveling with small children they tried to split us up eventually got seats together near emergency exit! To add insult to injury they had no food apart from sweets and crisps.

Ryanair customer review

Myself and my daughter took a holiday to Kos. I have never seen such a shambles in my life. After the experience of the free for all to get your seats and then seeing the arguments between other passengers as they could not sit together got the holiday off to a great start. It was now the time for the safety announcements prior to take off I do understand that this is important however I have never seen such miserable faces from the cabin staff. We were sitting in row five and it took nearly 1hr to get served I think mainly because they had to keep explaining what they had run out of even before we took off. The list was endless of what they hadn't got. When it was our turn I ordered 1 bottle of water a whisky and a can of coke I was taken back a little when they said that's 11 Euros. I quickly put my money back in my pocket. All they wanted to do was to sell scratch cards and smokeless cigarettes. Overall not impressed at all and will never travel Ryanair in the future. One final thing. Budget airline? My tickets where certainly not cheap or even reasonable.

Ryanair customer review

Stansted to Pula. Tried to adhere to all rules and regulations but failed to print boarding passes for return journey and hence fined €240 for family of four. This was a genuine error caused by my printing off the outbound boarding passes at too early a stage in my eagerness to do all correctly at which time unable to print for return. Erroneously assumed outbound copies and itinerary would suffice. Hold my hands up and agree nominal fine should be payable but believe that €60 per person is totally disproportionate to administration involved for the error. Walked 5 metres handed over credit card and after a minutes transaction and €240 pound payment returned to check in and allowed to board! Expensive lesson learnt but will avoid Ryanair from now on!