Ryanair

"no reminder email, no heads-up"

Trip Verified | Dublin to London Stansted. I used Ryanair only for the 2nd time (first was three years ago). When I reached airport for flight, they said you have not checked in and charged me 110 euro for I and my wife. They blocked online check-in, it was showing boarding pass expired and charged 55 euro to print boarding pass. There was no reminder email, no heads-up about the 55 euro fee. There were at least 3 more passengers in line for the same reason. They designed the process to rob new/occassional flyers.
RouteDublin to London Stansted

"the lowest low cost"

(Romania)

Not Verified | Flew Ryanair in august 2019 from Budapest to Barcelona and return. Cabin crew pretty polite, no other services on board. The leg room on the outbound flight was horrific, better on the return flight. Departing from Budapest means walking from a garage directly to the plane, that’s the lowest low cost I have ever seen.
RouteBudapest to Barcelona
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Poorest ever customer service"

Trip Verified | Worst airline for countless reasons. 1) Flight delayed by six hours. We were scheduled to depart at 6.05pm. Everyone had boarded the aircraft by 6pm, but we were told by flight attendants to disembark due to a "technical error on the plane". The flight was rescheduled to 12 midnight, but it eventually only took off at around 1am the next day - a total of seven hours of delay. 2) Zero accountability. Ground staff were completely clueless as to any protocol in times of delay. Worse still, for the next ninety minutes or so there was no follow up action and all passengers were just stranded at the boarding gate. We were told to "come check back every 30 min or so" and there was no assurance of what would be done. 3) Shamelessly tried to shirk responsibility. We were told we could make claims via the EU261 flight regulation. However when I submitted my claim, the airline had the gall to say the flight was "delayed due to air traffic controller restrictions, which was outside of our control", which was totally opposite of the technical errors that the air crew had stated. 4) Poorest ever customer service. I followed up with Ryanair customer service staff who had zero professionalism. He was nonchalant throughout the correspondence. The incompetence of this staff member is highlighted in the fact he redirected me to the CAA UK site despite knowing my flight had departed from Spain, and that CAA does not serve cases where the flight departs from other EU member countries. Overall, I regret booking flights from a subpar company with service undeserving of any approval whatsoever. The rock-bottom standard is paralleled by its consistently plummeting stock price. I would recommend this airline to anyone who seeks disappointment, or wishes to spend the night at the airport for any abnormal reasons.
RouteMadrid to London (Stansted)
Date FlownDecember 2019

"rude staff, uncomfortable seats"

Not Verified | Dublin to Sarajevo via Cologne. Terrible airline to travel with all round. Cheap flights don’t offer enough incentive to deal with rude staff, uncomfortable seats and hidden fees galore. Paying 55 euro to do the most standard thing possible (which is just checking in) is completely ridiculous, at no point before flying was I told and many other people for that matter, that not checking in online will incur such an expensive fee. Everyone will end up paying the pilots directly upon entering the plane so they take off at his rate. The staff were extremely rude and unhelpful and also horribly robotic to deal with. You are left with the impression that you are cattle being herded onto a truck and that you’re lucky it’s so cheap. I recommend anyone wishing to go anywhere to avoid this company at all costs as it was an infuriating experience. If I could give 0 out of 10 I would.
RouteDublin to Sarajevo via Cologne
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"I couldn't check-in online"

Trip Verified | Valencia to Bristol. I had no internet access and the website had technical issues and I couldn't check-in online. I went to the counter more than 2 hours before the flight and staff said I'd have to pay 156 Euros for airport check-in. As I explained the situation, she asked me to "wait as she tries to help". And as I waited until it was 2 hours to the flight, then she came back and told me that it's past deadline now and I'd have to pay.
RouteValencia to Bristol
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"by far the worst airline I know"

Not Verified | Eindhoven to Ibiza. I've flown at least 10 times in total with Ryanair and 200+ times with other airlines, so feel I'm able to make a decent comparison and say categorically the Ryanair is by far the worst airline I know. It's simply 'cattle class' transport, with very very little seat room, no service to mention and personnel that obviously have little pleasure working for the CEO of Ryanair. I've now sworn that I will never ever fly Ryanair again. It used to be a 'Cheap and Nasty' airline but the 'Cheap' has now largely disappeared. Charging for every small thing separately, even hand-baggage. Even a single letter change on your booking can cost 5 times the ticket price. Ryanair is airline I strongly advise not to fly with.
RouteEindhoven to Ibiza
Date FlownMarch 2019

"we never flew"

Trip Verified | Our flight from Eindhoven to Lisbon got cancelled. They then sent me an email I had a right to a full refund, but when I applied for this refund, they refused. So we skipped our trip, but of course we still had a return flight. I tried to change the date on this flight to go to Lisbon later, but this turned out to be impossible. So basically, we paid 900 euros and got ripped off for the full amount: we never flew.
RouteEindhoven to Lisbon
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Refused to to get us on board"

Trip Verified | Bristol to Krakow. Very unhappy with service. Arrived at gate 2 minutes after closing, attendant had just closed door behind last person. Refused to to get us on board or contact anybody on plane. Understand that was also our mistake but shocked from lack of human approach.
RouteBristol to Krakow
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"won't be flying Ryanair again"

Trip Verified | Luton to Dublin. I have never witnessed such disgusting service in my life! An air hostess whistled at customers and shouted "oi" to get their attention. Other colleagues were not positive. Seats were highly uncomfortable and we had no leg-room. I won't be flying Ryanair again, it's obvious they have no respect for customers. I'm still disgusted.
RouteLuton to Dublin
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Delay not communicated clearly"

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Frankfurt. Flight delayed by one hour. Delay not communicated clearly, at all. Flight attendant did not care when asked about connecting transportation.
RouteBarcelona to Frankfurt