Ryanair

"the worst customer service"

(Romania)

Not Verified | I asked for a refund as the flight was cancelled and they offered me a voucher instead. Now I am waiting for more than 2 hours for someone to have the decency to answer the chat and give me the opportunity to ask for my money back. I can understand the voucher scheme, but nobody to answer the chat, that`s simply unacceptable, this is not a way to treat a customer. Shame on you, the worst customer service ever.
RouteBucharest to Vienna

"equivalent to pickpockets"

Not Verified | Ryanair are generally disappointing to fly with, from the start the booking process (hidden charges) right up until the landing where even cabin crew appear angry with "The Ryanair way". I understand you get what you pay for with a low cost airline and expectations have to be managed but, with Ryanair, the only realistic expectation is they are going to try and take as much money from their customers as possible while providing the lowest of standards. I mean this in terms of quality of service, customer care and even cabin crew attitudes. All bottom of the barrel low. Trying to get a refund from Ryanair is a laughable offence. It appears customers are comedians and we are merely entertaining the customer service team requesting a refund. Covid and cancelled flights are no exception in this matter. Previously paid flights is an opportunity to grab tighter to the wallets Ryanir greedily grips so tightly. They are equivalent to pickpockets on the street.
RouteDublin to London
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"allowed me to fly at low prices"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | I traveled with Ryanair for the New Year holidays, from Rome Ciampino to Budapest and back. Although the service is certainly not impeccable, it has always allowed me to fly at low prices. I have never been delayed or waited too long for check-in, the seats are not the best in comfort but they are not bad either. The only flaw is that concerning hand baggage, in the past it was more convenient because a hand baggage was free, but now you need to pay. However, I consider myself quite satisfied.
RouteBudapest to Rome Ciampino
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"outright liars trading fraudulently"

Trip Verified | Ryanair have shown themselves to be outright liars trading fraudulently. Cancelled trip for early April with Ryanair and kept screengrabs during all of the Ryanair cancellation process done online. At the end the closing page stated "your refund request will be processed within working 7 days to the original form of payment and should show in your account within the next 5-7 working days. A confirmation will be sent to the address provided in your booking." Fast forward nearly 1 month and an email from Ryanair appears which states "Please see below details of your travel voucher". It is not possible to again seek the refund online through Ryanair website. Contact their telephone service and after many menu options, the call is cut off on each occasion. Having previously supported Ryanair, I intend to recover the promised refund but to never travel with them again. I hope that other Ryanair customers caught by their tricks also decide to avoid and boycott them forever after such treatment.
RouteExeter to Malaga
Date FlownApril 2020

"not qualify for compensation"

Trip Verified | Eindhoven to Stansted in December 2019. Ryanair punishes heavily if you make only one infringement, from bag size to check-in time to names on the ticket. After Ryanair cancelled my flight I was pointed to a non-functioning email address, told I did not qualify for compensation, and ignored on the working communication channels when I finally found them.
RouteEindhoven to Stansted
Date FlownDecember 2019

"A huge thank you to Ryanair"

Not Verified | Marrakech to Gatwick. A huge thank you to Ryanair for changing a scheduled flight into a rescue one. Without you my husband and I might not have made it home in these troubled times. Understand the frustration of passengers waiting on board for over 3 hours for us but the staff definitely didn't deserve that frustration directed at them. Sad to say as an Australian I had never heard of Ryanair before this flight but believe they are a low cost airline. We have our own and hear complaints about them all the time If we have the ability and funds to travel then we should just enjoy the destination or pay for what we think we deserve. Otherwise stay home. I will be for the foreseeable future but looking forward to get out and seeing the world again.
RouteMarrakech to Gatwick
Date FlownMarch 2020

"praise them for an efficient system"

Trip Verified | After reading horror stories of problems getting a refund from Ryanair, I would like to praise them for an efficient system. Was booked to travel April 5th, received cancellation email, and after going online to Ryanair website, the refund process took me approx 5 seconds and all went through. Not received the money yet of course, by their system is way, way better than British Airways. BA offer refunds but if you do cancellation online they refuse the refund and only offer you a future travel voucher - and you can only get a refund by sitting on their customer service phone line for 2-3 hours. I know which airline is looking after it's customer better and that is Ryanair!
RouteExeter to Malaga
Date FlownMarch 2020

"do not really want to help you"

(Latvia)

Trip Verified | Riga to Dublin. My flight had been cancelled and I was offered to get a refund. Trying to submit a form for my refund I was rejected several times due to invalid Reservation Number (wich was OK actually). Trying to chat to Customer support team I waited over 2 hours in the queue and still did not get through. Similar situation is with calling them. The airline is cheap but once you need to speak to them seems they do not really want to help you.
RouteRiga to Dublin

"Nice cabin crew"

Not Verified | Shannon to London Gatwick. Nice cabin crew but very garish cabin it's like your trapped in bright yellow for an hour. Seats are okay I suppose the thing is it gets you from A to B
RouteShannon to London Gatwick
Date FlownOctober 2019

"This is a rip off"

(Sweden)

Not Verified | Copenhagen to Cologne. The story begins about a few days ago when I first received an email saying my flights are cancelled and I have to either choose the refund route or change the date of my flights. However, it has been now a solid a few days that I am trying to refund my money and the website is not responding. I tried to reach them but it seems they intentionally blocked all ways to avoid refund. The phone lines are always busy and the website's chat bot only responds to standard FAQ questions. Literally nothing works and it is very obvious that they are doing it intentionally. I can really tell this because I have been trying any possible ways for at least 3 consecutive days. This is a rip off, this is robbery.
RouteCopenhagen to Cologne