Ryanair

Customer rating from 2078 reviews

"charged £55 to print a boarding pass"

Trip Verified | I flew internationally and tried to check in online the night before and the site timed out. I got to the airport 1hr 55min before the flight and tried again but was locked out of online check-in. I wasn't checking luggage. I just needed a boarding pass and was charged £55 to print a boarding pass. Ryanair refused to refund the fee indicating I should have contacted customer service when the site timed out. As for the morning of, they don't allow online check-in inside 2 hours. To expect someone traveling internationally to call an agent when the check-in failed is not acceptable. Closing online checkin 2 hours before flight time seems excessive and coincidentally in line with when passengers typically would arrive at the airport.
RouteEdinburgh to Dublin
Date FlownJuly 2022

"their way of taking our money"

Trip Verified | The flight has been cancelled resulting with additional costs and lost part of the holidays. I have purchased an insurance with XCover through the Ryanair booking site and was hoping the lost money will be refunded however the XCover asked for proof of the reason for the flight cancellation and The email I have received from Ryanair did not state the reason. I have requested information from Ryanair but without response from them for few months now. When I contacted customer service they told me that the flight was cancelled due to commercial reasons however this cannot be sent to me in an email. When I asked if I can record the conversation for my confirmation the call has been disconnected. Nor information on reason for cancellation no money from XCover insurance company. This is their way of taking our money without accepting responsibility.
RouteManchester to Milan
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"never a good experience"

Trip Verified | We arrived at Liverpool airport to fly to France. Seriously backward here, there’s over 100 people trying to check in and there’s 2 staff. This company never seems to please me, they will penny pinch at ever chance, it’s never a good experience.
RouteLiverpool to Bergerac
Date FlownAugust 2022

"cannot recline your seat"

Trip Verified |   This low cost airline company is the worst I’ve ever seen. They make you pay 65€ to get your boarding pass at the airport. You cannot recline your seat. The crew was rude and unprofessional.
RoutePorto to Paris
Date FlownAugust 2022

"you have check in online"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | We arrived at the airport 4 hours before the flight and were told the airport desk is not open for check-in. We did not realise that with Ryanair you have check in online. When we finally got an open desk we were told that the check-in would cost 110 Euros. We were told that we had to check-in online, but that we can't do it anymore as the online check-in closed 5 minutes ago and we had to check-in 2 hours or longer before the flight. We have repeatedly contacted Ryanair regarding a refund, but zero response.
RouteAmsterdam to Dublin
Date FlownJune 2022

"bag I checked in had been left in Helsinki"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | When I arrived at Stansted airport in London I realized the bag I had checked in had been left in Helsinki. The bag was sent to Stansted airport the following day, but the company could not transport the bag to my hotel so I had to go to fetch the bag myself. The journey to the airport and back to my hotel room took me half a day and I lost a lot of valuable time that was supposed to be used for sightseeing. As I was left with nothing but my passport and wallet on the day of arrival I had to purchase some essential goods. When I came back to Helsinki I claimed the money for those essential goods and some extra for the damages caused, but the company never return the money to me.
RouteHelsinki to London Stansted

"no refund was due"

Trip Verified | Had an issue with checking in online as it kept coming with an error. Tried to check in at the airport and were told we have to pay the checking fee (60 EUR) but we could then contact the customer service department with proof of the error and we should be able to get our money back. Send them screenshots of the details and 25 days later they replied saying they were not aware of any issues and no refund was due. Really cold and lack of empathy and I will try to avoid flying with them in future unless it's the only choice available.
RouteEdinburgh to Santiago

"excellent service"

Not Verified | After a horrendous journey to the airport, my husband and I arrived 90 minutes before flight. Having been ill on holiday I was exhausted. At checkin, staff were amazing, providing me with water, a seat and wheelchair assistance throughout the airport. Arriving at Stansted there was a vehicle to meet us. We were driven to passport control, where there was a wheelchair waiting for me. Straight through passport control to baggage collection where we were helped with our cases,then to the exit, where we were met by a family member. Thank you Ryanair, excellent service.
RoutePalermo to Stansted
Date FlownJuly 2022

"$110 to print our two boarding passes"

Trip Verified | Ryanair denied check in access on line using Ryanair App and their website. We were compelled to report to the airport check in. The airline charged $110 to print our two boarding passes. We presented 2 Ryanair staff evidence of our good faith effort to check in on line and on app 2 hours in advance of the flight. They ignored us and refused to issue our boarding passes for flights we had paid for without paying $110 for the printed passes. When I asked for recourse, they gave me a phone number that was not legitimate. the second phone number they provided required a long queue, and when we finally got through, the agent relayed that they had no authority to help us. We were directed back to the airport staff who volleyed us between the phone number and them and ultimately charged $110 to print 2 pass.
RouteRiga to Berlin
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Actually a pleasant flight"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Actually a pleasant flight, probably because it was nearly empty because The Netherlands were by then in a lock down. One tends to think everything is down scaled with FR: in reality it isn't if you compare it with some European more traditional airlines. They also let you pay for luggage, a preferred seat, food and drinks. As long you do your homework beforehand and you have gone through the fine printing, and you do not pretend to find First Class at low cost, all is quite efficient and straightforward, as it was with this flight.
RouteAmsterdam to Dublin