Ryanair

Customer rating from 1918 reviews

"airline is an absolute disgrace"

Trip Verified | This airline is an absolute disgrace, the treatment of customers is truly awful, we have had issues with 3 flights this year, I appreciate that corona virus has caused massive problems across many industries, non more so than the travel industry but the complete and utter disregard shown for its customers by Ryanair is nothing short of unbelievable. This year alone they have told a party of 7 that they could either change there flight date or receive a full refund due to a Covid related issue, we selected the refund but did not receive anything, when we contacted them again they said that they could not give a refund but could change the flights, which we then agreed to, again we heard nothing further and the flights did not change, once again we contacted them and they said that they could not change the flights and we would have to wait for a refund, after several more conversations we ended up changing the flights. These flights were booked to attend a family wedding and the revised flights had us returning early morning the day after the flight, we have logged onto the app tonight to check all the details to find that the return flight has been changed and they have not made any attempt to inform us. The return flight are now 30 minutes before the wedding was due to begin. When we were told for the second time that we would have to apply for a refund we were also told that no refunds would be paid out until the corona virus pandemic had ended. On a separate flight for the honeymoon of said wedding we have spent literally 3 full days waiting to talk to a member of the team on the live chat only to be left sat in the queue all day on each occasion. We regularly travel between Manchester and Naples to visit family and this is the only airline which flys regular direct routes between the 2 airports or I can assure you, we would never fly with this company again. I cannot express in words what a poor excuse for a company they are and my dealings with them have left me feeling that there should be much more stringent rules and regulations governing how airlines operate, I can’t think of any other business where you could change what you are selling to a customer and not be liable to pay them back in full immediately. If you have any other options for flights to any destination in the world then I would strongly recommend you take them as this company does not care for its customers in any way and will offer no help of something goes wrong with your travel plans. Words are really not strong enough to describe what a terribly run organisation this is.
RouteManchester to Naples
Date FlownJuly 2020

"Their arrogance is stunning"

Not Verified | I have flown Ryanair 20+ times and generally felt I got what I paid for. Never again unless there is absolutely no alternative. My May 12 flight to Murcia was cancelled on April 27 (as expected). I immediately requested refund which was acknowledged saying processing within 20 working days and in my bank 5-7 working days later. It’s now August 23 and my money is still in Ryanair’s bank. It is impossible to talk to customer service, I’ve never had a reply from their online chat service (once ignored for 27 hours before I needed to use computer for something else) and the website is full lies. By contrast Jet 2 paid out promptly for a cancelled March flight. During lockdown I have made 4 flight bookings for holidays in 2o21 (ever hopeful), not one with Ryanair. Their arrogance is stunning and if they think this customer is going to forget they are wrong. They are now the airline of last resort.
RouteBirmingham to Murcia
Date FlownMay 2020

"still haven't received a refund"

Not Verified | Ryanair has been the worst in dealing with the fallout of the COVID-19 pandemic. I booked a flight for 3 May, and still haven't received a refund on 21 August. I get that the pandemic is hugely disrupting but other airlines are doing so much better in quickly refunding canceled flights. I haven't even heard from them since the initial email about canceling my flight. There is an update on their website about how they are doing with their cancellation backlog but it's clearly bogus. It hasn't been updated since it's creation and the things it states are untrue. In the beginning, Ryanair has been pushing vouchers on their customers who asked for refunds, and made it as hard as possible to contact them (it's still next to impossible). I guess this is exactly the case of getting what you pay for. Sure Ryanair is cheap but you have to deal with things like this. The seats are tiny. Last time the lady checking boarding passes and passports had the enthusiasm and courtesy of an off day part-time student worker. I have never been on any Ryanair flight that had Wifi.
RouteBudapest to Manchester
Date FlownMay 2020

"you just lost a customer"

(Portugal)

Not Verified | The whole "possibility to change flight due to corona" for free is a scam. In total 4 flights I purchased. 1. the first flight was cancelled, I made a claim for a refund- they got back to me after a week with a voucher instead of money return and made it impossible and difficult to get my money back, eventually I had to give up and accept the voucher. The second flight I could not change for free, I could not make decision in less than 7 days prior to flying so I missed the "free change option" - did not fly. The other two flights were purchased together and because of that I just could not make change only to one of the flight, only to both of them. So I did not make a change, did not fly. Totally disappointing experience. You might have gotten my 100 eur of my flights this time but you just lost a customer. Great example how not approach customers.
RouteLisbon to Vienna

"friendly and professional"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | What I like about this company is the fact flight attendants are friendly and professional while maintaining good prices. Have used them to Ponta Delgada, Rome and now Lourdes. Never had bad experiendes.
RouteLisbon to Lourdes
Date FlownAugust 2020

"disrespect for the client"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Both flights were canceled 2 weeks before departure, they promised to return the money within 1 month (I have received an official confirmation) More than 3 months have passed, the promise has not been fulfilled. The CEO does not respond to address emails, the customer service sends me to the robot. A complete disgrace, disrespect for the client!
RouteLappeenranta to Milan
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"I forgot to fill it in"

Trip Verified | Flying from Dublin to Brussels on August 10th, I received a text the night before to register with the Belgian government who track people travelling to control Covid-19. I forgot to fill it in and did it on the spot. I struggled to get confirmation cause the staff made me panic, telling me it was my fault. Eventually they rejected my entry in the plane and cost me to re book for almost 300 euros.
RouteDublin to Brussels
Date FlownAugust 2020

"had to pay 55 EUR in the airport"

Trip Verified | As of June 2020 you can simply add 55 EUR to the price of a one-way flight of you itinerary that is operated by Ryanair. If you don't check-in online, you have to pay for the check-in in the airport. It is there in the conditions, so no surprise. But if you google something like "ryanair error check in" there are quite many people complaining about not being able to check-in online. Though there are useless advice like trying other browser and clearing browser cookies. I had seats purchased, so theoretically I was able to check-in 60 days in advance. I tried it a week in advance, several days in advance, less that 2 days but more than 24 hours in advance. Never worked. You just fill all the check-in data in the account/booking, click next and nothing happens. In the browser console network tab you can see a 500 HTTP status return for the request made when you click "next". It usually means that the web service encountered an unexpected error, but of course only people that have access to the system can figure out why the error happened. User interface of Ryanair web application doesn't report any problem whatsoever, just does nothing. After not being able to check-in online, had to pay 55 EUR in the airport. Filed a complaint online on Ryanair site, no answer for more than a month, and I don't expect any.
RouteMunich to Palma de Mallorca
Date FlownJuly 2020

"customer service is shocking"

Trip Verified | So Ryanair says you can change your flight for free but actually you can’t because the online management tool adds this on. I’ve spent three whole days in a queue to try to get this amended but nobody on the web chat is acknowledging me or answering my query. If I spend three day on hold via the number they say to call costing 13p a minute. It would pay for a new return flight. My flight is on 5/8/20 so I am going to lose my money even those they are in breach of their own terms and conditions. I travel regularly with them but customer service is shocking.
RouteBirmingham to Porto

"appalling customer service"

Trip Verified | Was due to have a return flight with Ryanair from Lanzarote on 22nd April, like everyone my flight was cancelled due to COVID 19. My outward flight was with Jet 2 who rang me three days before my flight was due. Apologised for the inconvenience and promptly refunded my money in full ( brilliant service). Ryanair on the other hand tried to fob me off with a voucher, but in small print at the end reluctantly offered a refund. I filled in the form and sent it off. I waited and waited. Then on the 30th July I received an email from them offering me a voucher and once again right at the end in small print I could have a refund if I filled a form in again (this had a familiar ring to it.) I am of course still waiting. Never have I experienced such appalling customer service, how they remain in business is beyond me. Like many others I will of course never fly with this airline again. I can only think sooner or later they will go out of business, they certainly will be no loss!
RouteLanzarote to Stansted