Ryanair

"I'll never use this horrible airline again"

Not Verified | Ibiza to Glasgow. Disgraceful airline with employees who have 0 customer service skills. Charged 55 euros for myself and my wife because we were unable to do an online check in because the email address was wrong. To add insult they sat me and my wife at opposite ends of the plane. We were also charged 25 euros for hand luggage which ended up in the hold. I'll never use this horrible airline again.
RouteIbiza to Glasgow

"A big disappointment"

(Albania)

Trip Verified | Nuremberg to Bergamo. A big disappointment. This was my first time using this airline. I am sure, it will be the last time, too. I had heard a lot about Ryanair, good impressions, I mean. Unfortunately, nothing was true. First of all, it was very expensive, and then, not correct. I was charged for luggage less than 10 kg, a small one because I didn't book under the Priority category. 25 euros for nothing. Maybe the company is in crisis. I am happy then to know that I helped the company to survive.
RouteNuremberg to Bergamo
Date FlownOctober 2019

"complete lack of customer service"

Trip Verified | I am writing my second review for Ryanair and it is only my second time flying with them on a return flight. It is my first and last time flying with them! I strongly, strongly advise you to never ever fly with them on principle alone! Their baggage rules and deadlines are ridiculous. As a whole I paid an extra $162 Euros for a flight that was only supposed to be $94 Euros. In Canadian, that is almost $300 extra dollars so naturally I'm upset. The worst thing about this company is the complete lack of customer service. The carry-on I took to Madrid is built in the dimensions to fit all cabin flights. The exact same carry-on I took from Madrid to Porto was all of a sudden too big to return to Madrid. I tried to explain this to the staff member and the first thing she says to me is, "I'm just doing my job, it's not my fault they weren't doing their job over there." Note that this is the exact same company and the inconsistency is frustrating. She asked me to come with her and check the size and in my opinion it fit and she disagreed. I asked to talk to the supervisor who approached me with hostility and attitude. She called me "baby" and when I kindly asked her not to call me that she called me it three more times before I refused to speak to her. I went to another Ryanair desk and asked another staff member who must have been instructed by her supervisor to treat me poorly because I simply asked her, "Where is your customer service desk please?" All of her body language including rolling her eyes was rude and I asked her why she was giving me attitude when I asked a reasonable question. All she told me was "third floor" and when I asked for more specific details she was reluctant and rude the whole time. I followed her instructions just to be told by security that the Ryanair customer service was outside which this staff member did not mention. Not wanting to miss my flight, I opted to pay whatever fee they needed and was met with minimum information, being rushed and two people talking to me at once. Once said I had to pay 25 Euros and the other said I had to pay 50 Euros which I ended up paying with no print out receipt which I had received on the Madrid side. This company can not assume that everyone knows exactly how everything works and they need to learn to treat people reasonably if they are incapable of kindness. On my first experience with Ryanair I interacted with a total of 8 very poor employees the worst of which was the supervisor from Porto who called me "baby" after kindly being asked several times not to do that. This company needs to go out of business. They are not worth it. Please do not choose them! People over profit.
RoutePorto to Madrid

"what a rip off"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Prague to Barcelona. I wanted to check in, and realised that they changed the cabin luggage standards, so now we had to buy extra just to have a standard cabin bag. Also they want us to pay money to sit together, what a rip off, I'm so mad! I will never book Ryanair again and I will let everybody I know, know what criminals they are.
RoutePrague to Barcelona
Date FlownOctober 2019

"seat is everything but comfortable"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Rome with Ryanair. Horrible experience, the boarding process was terrible, two lines next to the bathrooms and to a stair. In the plane it was a mess to get to your place. The seat is everything but comfortable even for a short flight, in our case less than 2 hours. The cabin crew were so rude. Finally our landing was terrible. I don’t recommend this airline.
RouteBarcelona to Rome
Date FlownOctober 2019

"pay extra for everything"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Belfast. Horrid staff and customer service. Make you pay extra for everything incl carry on bags, seats and check-in. Ended up paying the exact amount as of the return ticket fare for just checking in prior to the flight. Plus the security check guys messed up capturing my baby's image which made us miss the boarding call by 2 minutes. The staff did not allow us to board the flight because the gate was closing and we were asked to wait and later said they wouldn't allow us to board.
RouteManchester to Belfast

"Be careful with them"

Not Verified | In Pescara, we paid twice to check in our luggage. Shameful I'll never fly again with Ryanair. If i do, I will take my precautions. Be careful with them.
RouteLondon to Pescara

"What a rip off"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Marrakesh. Never again will I fly with Ryanair. What a rip off! You pay for absolutely everything I checked in and was hoping to be seated with my family. My husband had to sit with our 2-year-old. I sat with my daughter who has fear of flying and even then I had to beg someone to swap seats with my son. Sat at the back of the plane, the cabin crew were awful and useless no customer service whatsoever. I asked for my baby’s milk to be warmed and was snapped at saying they don’t have this facility yet the other member of staff heated it for me. On our return they were out of milk so when I paid £3 for my coffee they had no milk because it was their last trip as if that’s my fault. Crew members are rude and arrogant. When we asked to be seated together we were asked to pay extra and even then our seats were not guaranteed. We had to pay extra for baggage considering we had kids travelling with us there was just no consideration very strict with luggage going into the hold and what can go in the overhead. This airline is not very lenient and doesn’t work out very cheap at the end.
RouteManchester to Marrakesh
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"7 of us missed the flight"

Trip Verified | Stansted to Thessaloniki. The worst ever. I will never ever waste my money and board this flight again. Stuff so rude, no manners at all. The Manager on the 8th, 4.55pm flight to Thessaloniki was way out of order, 7 of us missed the flight and she made it a point that we were not going anywhere. They never announced our names.
RouteStansted to Thessaloniki

"Worst airport experience"

Trip Verified | Madrid to Porto. Worst airport experience I've ever had. I will preface this by saying I checked in almost 24hrs before my flight and that I have only ever missed a flight once before and United airlines got me on another flight no problem, no fee. I understand that it's your responsibility to not "miss your flight" but when I arrived one rep tried to respond to my distress and I believed was berated by another worker in Spanish and then worker became rude to me, one word answers, pointing to arbitrary directions. The next person I spoke to was also rude, I asked about my options and was only given 100Euro exchange of flight option. I asked to speak to a supervisor who essentially threw a pre-written customer service paper at me. I explained that I would just like help and would prefer to do it at the airport. He walked away and I had to follow him and ask again for a number. He again was short and pointed in a direction just saying "there". At this point I was very upset because customer service usually responds with sympathy and kindness even if nothing can be done. I waited in line and the initial female I spoke to was avoiding me. I had to insist on receiving a number from the other male rep who reluctantly gave me an incorrect number and did nothing further to help me after I showed him it didn't work. I had to search up a correct number online and at least the rep on the phone was more reasonable, but I will never ever fly Ryanair again. The cheaper fees are made up in baggage fees. You are locked in once you make a purchase which was terrible because I would have rather paid 200 Euros extra to completely change to an airline that actually cares about their customers. Furthermore, I missed this flight due to confusion on Ryanair airs website and the language barrier. They should provide better instructions to the ridiculous setup at the airport, make it easier to find or provide a general direct address if possible! Lastly, they should actually try to help people and explain things in a reasonable way, preferably with more than one word answers. They're response was not due to language, they were rude from the boarding desk, to the help desk, and the supervisor was the worst of it.
RouteMadrid to Porto