Ryanair

"Biggest way of conning people"

Not Verified | Manchester to Limoges. The complaint relates to checking in via the app. Tickets bought months ago but checked in today, 13th July 2019. Selected check-in in for outbound and inbound, entered all passports details. After outbound checked in a screen pops up saying you've no luggage booked. Therefore booked 2 bags, 1 for outbound, 1 for inbound. Completed the check-in process and the 2 bags are showing on the inbound / return journey? So Ryanair says no bags, we buy, and they put them on the return journey? Seriously that's a joke. Rang customer services and on phone on hold for 30 mins before able to speak to anyone. Long story short they deny this has happened and it's our error. They are unable to change 1 of the return bags to even it out, you know, so we can take clothes with us rather than stock up on holiday tat to bring back. How is CS unable to amend this? Why did the baggage screen not pop up before any check-in, not just the return one? Biggest way of conning people, stealing their money and they clearly don't give a flying muck.
RouteManchester to Limoges
Date FlownApril 2019

"so disappointed with the staff"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | Dublin to Frankfurt. I cannot believe the struggle me and my partner had whilst flying with Ryanair. I’ve never had such a hard time flying, we nearly missed our flight because of the print out before flying policy. We had no access to a printer nor does many people thus making us near miss our flight. I was so disappointed with the staff and the lack of help they gave us. I have severe anxiety and this caused me to have a panic attack. Will never fly with this airline ever again.
RouteDublin to Frankfurt
Date FlownJuly 2019

"they are cheap but nasty"

Trip Verified | This was the first time I have to fly with Ryanair and it will be my last. In June 2019 I booked a seven break flying from Bournemouth to Gran Canaria with Ryanair. Ryanair is the worst airline I have ever had the misfortune to travel with. Since I lost my wife this was the first time I ever travel alone, at the airport I was charged over £100 for not check in online and oversize hand luggage then put it in the hole. I am a cancer patient so I had to empty all my medications, some into my pocket and carry some in my hands this was so embarrassing. then it was a long waiting at the gate because was late there was no apology, the cabin crew was all hard face and not very helpful they don`t seem to be happy in the job, seating was cramped, not comfortable the taking off was horrible, the landing was so hard the plane bounce up and down on the tarmac if make feel sick. I booked a fast track transfer and I was put on a coach that take over one and a half hours. I will never fly with Ryanair again or recommend them to anyone they are cheap but nasty.
RouteBournemouth to Gran Canaria
Date FlownJune 2019

"Staff were very rude and not helpful at all"

Trip Verified | Edinburgh to Luxembourg. I have had problems with Ryanair multiple times before. First problem appeared when some of our wedding guests were not able to show at the ceremony as Ryanair suddenly changed the flight dates. Another time we paid for priority boarding. We crossed the gate amongst the priority passengers. Instead of letting priority passengers enter the plane first and then admit other passengers on the board they let everyone pass at the same time. Then today on our flight to Luxembourg we arrived 2 hours before the flight, scanned our passes through security and waited 100 meters from the gate. 30 minutes before the flight we approached the gate. There were no passengers left, only the staff. Then we were told we were two minutes late at the gate and they already deleted us from the passenger list so we won't be able to get on that flight. Staff were very rude and not helpful at all. Never in my life have I experienced such terrible customer service. Usually the boarding doesn't finish up until just before departure! There was no final call announced for the flight, our names were not called! The staff were awful and the only thing they could say was "you won't get on that plane". They expect customers to pay all these extras for seating together, cabin luggage, I won't be surprised if they start charging for using a toilet during the flight! But when it comes to be understanding to customers who pay money for the service, they just do not care. I would understand if we had been late and the plane had been starting the engines and preparing for departure, but we could actually see people still entering the plane from the window! So we did not go to our holiday and lost a lot of money. Thank you Ryanair for ruining our holiday! I will never use Ryanair again!
RouteEdinburgh to Luxembourg
Date FlownJuly 2019

"ended up delayed to 5.15 pm"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Rome to Stansted. Terrible. Flight scheduled at 1115 am but ended up delayed to 5.15 pm! No explanation, no staff to assist, nothing whatsoever. We bought the more expensive earlier tickets so that we can spend our time in London, with all the attraction tickets bought. Now all will be lapsed because by the time we arrive at London, it will be 7 pm. Worse still, when we went to the ticket counter at Ciampino airport, the staff said they were not Ryan ir employees when they were clearly stationing a Ryan air counter. Will never book Ryanair.
RouteRome to Stansted
Date FlownJuly 2019

"try to fly with carry on"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Naples to Barcelona. I would not choose or recommend Ryanair ever again. I made it to the airport with my bag that I have carried on a flight before. However, they insisted I check my luggage so I did. I arrived in hopes of getting my bag and going on with my vacation but there was nothing there. I took all of the proper steps to file a claim and create a report but I am now at 5 days into my trip with 4 days left with no bag. I had to buy more clothes, I am down a laptop, and I do not have my medicine all because I was positive I'd be able to carry my bag on as I did before! I can not get in touch with anyone, the company keeps sending me automated emails, and I have yet to be compensated for any spendings as promised by the claims clerk in Barcelona. . This was my first and last time using Ryanair. I know it can happen anywhere, but the fact that it has been 5 days is crazy to me! If you choose to fly Ryanair try to fly with carry on. I am not leaving this review to keep people from using the air line or to scare you. I just want people to be aware and prepared just in case the same happen to you.
RouteNaples to Barcelona
Date FlownJuly 2019

"told that we were late"

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Naples. We were one of the last ones to board the plane, and the boarding people simply did not let us on the plane. We were told that we were late, and got the doors closed on us. So to this airline "last" means being one of the last ones in the line to board the plane. This was absolutely ridiculous. All of us had to buy another tickets for triple the price, wait in airport the whole day for it, lost the car we rented at Naples (our destination) as well as the money we paid for it, we also lost the money we paid for the hotel in Naples. This is an absolutely frustrating experience. Avoid flying with this airline at all cost if you don't want your vacation/traveling to be ruined and cost you lots of money! Just an absolute horrible experience.
RouteBarcelona to Naples
Date FlownJuly 2019

"worst airline I’ve ever flown"

Trip Verified | Santorini to Athens. Ryanair is the worst airline I’ve ever flown with. They may have “cheap” flights online, but they tack on so many different expenses while at the airport. Their employees are rude and try to suck you dry of your money. There is a lack of communication and just overall disrespect for people. I would never fly this airline again.
RouteSantorini to Athens

"would use again"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Madrid to Manchester. Can't fault the flight. on time, cheap price, nice crew who were efficient. Certainly would use again.
RouteMadrid to Manchester
Date FlownJune 2019

"will never fly this airline again"

Trip Verified | Berlin to Budapest. I understand that this is a low cost airline but when staff try to gouge you at every opportunity it leaves you with a terrible taste in your mouth. They made me pay 20 euros per a tiny carry on briefcase that can easily fit underneath the seat. I travel for business every week and use a carry on on every other airline that I've flown with. I've never had an issue and I always place it underneath the seat. However, according to Rynair it is too big and I had to pay for it after already paying 80 euros for 3 other pieces of luggage that again on other airlines are carry on cabin luggage (the ones that are standard in North America). I will never fly this airline again. I don't care that they are cheaper, that does not give them the right to nickel and dime you at every step. No water was served on the flight and everything had to be paid for. Do not fly with them unless you are desperate.
RouteBerlin to Budapest