Ryanair

"old baggage rules applied"

Trip Verified | Dublin to Bologna from Dublin. Outward departure on time and in-service v good with nice polite staff. Return very prompt and efficient and another on time departure. Again staff very polite, polished and smiling. Bottle of white wine 6 euro and passable. FR flight times are much more palatable than a 5.45 am departure with EI, its a shame they dont fly over the Winter period. Since it is not Nov 1st the old baggage rules applied but I saw a couple ripping off their yellow tags as they got on the plane and putting them inside the cabin which is not really fair play. All in all a good quality product that got me from A to B.
RouteDublin to Bologna
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Staff friendly and smiling"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Athens to Thessaloniki. Ryanair operations have moved to the satellite terminal of Athens airport, which is a far walk, however it makes boarding a much better experience, as there is more space and it is done by walking to the planes instead of using buses. Flight on time, arrival ahead of schedule, even if it was on of the last flights of the day, about 80% full. Very cheap ticket (15€), although someone needs to be careful, as this airline attempts to add a lot of costs to the client - one needs to keep that in mind when purchasing a fare. Staff was friendly and smiling. Only thing I can fault the airline was that they kept the sign to have the belt on, for the whole duration of this short flight (40'), which was uncomfortable. There was no turbulence or bad weather, so I suspect it was to facilitate the procedures. Otherwise a pretty good basic flight.
RouteAthens to Thessaloniki
Date FlownOctober 2018

"particularly nice and attentive"

Not Verified | On Monday 17/9/2018 evening flight from Rome to Dublin. While the seats are very cramped and not supportive of good back, neck or leg posture the cabin crew that evening made up for the discomfort, the young staff particularly nice and attentive, one young man especially, Italian I think.
RouteRome to Dublin

"horrendous customer service"

Trip Verified | Dublin to Gatwick. Absolutely horrendous customer service at the airport. We booked through kiwi.com, and had a connection in Dublin. However the first leg of the flight was late due (of course), and we didnt have nearly enough time to get to our second flight. The security line at Dublin airport was extremely long, so we asked the Ryanair desk for help. The woman behind the counter was incredibly rude, and just looked at me and said run. She would not help us get through security. So we had to beg people in line and sprint to the gate. The only reason we made the flight was because it was also late. It was a terrible panic. The Ryanair staff in Dublin airport were incredibly rude and dismissive.
RouteDublin to Gatwick
Date FlownOctober 2018

"an overall okay experience"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Rome to Barcelona. I flew a round trip with Ryanair recently in September 2018. The first trip was not very good, it was Rome to Barcelona taking off at midnight. The flight was delayed 1.5 hours and by the time I got there public transportation was finished and I had to pay for a taxi to my hotel. Also all throughout the flight, the most annoying part were the flight attendants. Nobody else was talking except for them, chatting with each other the entire time about their boyfriends. Very unprofessional. The second time coming back was actually very good. The flight was schedule to depart at 6:30am and it boarded and left and arrived exactly on time. The flight attendants were fine and professional. I guess the key is to choose the first Ryanair flight that leaves first thing in the morning. That way their airplanes are already on the ground and finished their maintenance checks. Their schedules are so packed that if one flight gets delayed during the day, it creates a domino effect that delays every subsequent flight. In conclusion, pretty good value. I had an overall okay experience. Just remember that they will probably be delayed and to make sure that you compensate for this delay for your arrival destination. Make sure you know how to get to your hotel cheaply if it gets super delayed. I would fly again. Oh and don't forget to online check in and print your boarding pass and pay for any check luggage ahead of time.
RouteRome to Barcelona

Ryanair customer review

Trip Verified | Dublin to Stansted. I have an Indian passport and am obliged to get my visa checked at the check in counter. I went to the check in counter and presented my ticket and UK visa. They stamped my ticket after verifying the UK visa, I went to security and the barcode won't work as the stamp was on bar code. I was hoping that she knew where to stamp it, I went to the counter again and they issue me a boarding card. While boarding I was asked to show my visa again and I told them I have already checked in at the counter and the ticked is stamped that the visa have been checked. The boarding personnel threatened that I won't be able to board the fligh . The staff was totally rude.
RouteDublin to Stansted

"Never fly them"

Trip Verified | Paris to Rome. Plane departed 30 minutes late, for the second time in a row. We showed up the day before for our checked tickets 5 minutes late. As of today the people are 40 minutes late boarding. Beauvais is not a Paris airport. The drive time outside of Paris is two hours. It's 130 euro fare. That cost as much as the tickets to Italy. The fares may be cheaper, but the service nor the true cost are. Best of all, I paid for priority seating for my boyfriend, he boarded after me. Never fly them. First and most be honest, the airport you serve for Paris is 80km away.
RouteParis to Rome

"was pleasantly surprised"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Flight was 25 minutes delayed take-off but kept informed by Captain and made up time to land only 5 minutes late on new (February 2018) aircraft with seats comfortable for the 3 hour trip. I had special assistance which worked well (as always at Faro) and on entering mentioned to the cabin assistant that, following illness, it was our first holiday for 2 years and could we have some 'bubbly' to celebrate - immediately the seat belt sign was switched off 2 bottles of Prosecco were handed to us - a nice touch! For the first time ever I decided to try Ryanair food and was pleasantly surprised - the lasagne was tasty, of decent proportion, and at €15 for this plus a bottle of wine, fruit cake and coffee not bad value. The crew were smart and cheerful and helped us with our luggage at both ends. Of all the L.C.C. Ryanair are our favourite - always offering what they say and at the lowest cost. I note most of the complaints are where people have failed to read the regulations before flying!
RouteFaro to Dusseldorf

"Just don't do it"

Trip Verified | Seville to Stansted. Never Ryanair. Just don't do it. Delay for more than 3 hours with zero communication to customer. Ground generator broke down and no air conditioning on the ground when temperature outside about 90F. Air steward refused to provide drinking water on demand. No meaningful compensation.
RouteSeville to Stansted
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"too much to have seats together"

(Bulgaria)

Not Verified | Sofia to Madrid. We have all gotten used to low cost airlines and all that comes with it. We also appreciate the availability of cheaper tickets (not always and not that cheap in a lot of cases!!). However, it is a bit much when corporate greed consistently comes up with ridiculous ideas on how to charge more money. Case in point: seat selection! I am not asking for a seat of my choice - however, we are a family of four (two kids included) - is it too much to ask to have seats together as a family rather than being asked to pay extra for it? Shameful behaviour! Lastly - why on earth don't the seats recline? It's a 3.5 hour or flight and it's not as if they are serving a sumptuous meal that might be affected.
RouteSofia to Madrid