Ryanair

Customer rating from 1931 reviews

"I now have to contact my credit card company"

Not Verified | I booked return flights for two directly with Ryanair at a cost of £662. The flights were cancelled. I applied for a refund. I then received an automated email saying that they could not process the refund as I had not booked with them directly. I forwarded the booking to confirm that I had in fact booked with them directly. Nothing. I have tried to call many times and after going through the options I am told that their customer advisors are busy and the line goes dead. The chatbot does not work. Emails go unanswered, save for an automated reply inviting me to accept a voucher. I now have to contact my credit card company to try and get a refund. It is astonishing that a company can get away with this kind of behaviour. I had known that their reputation was desperately poor but I am still surprised and dismayed that the regulators do not take action against them, as I assume that my experience is not unusual.
RouteEast Midlands to Riga
Date FlownDecember 2020

"This is misleading"

(Luxembourg)

Not Verified | During covid, ticket exchanges were announced to be free. In fact, they disregard you previous ticket's priority, and charge you 10-20 euros for the new priority on the new ticket, WITHOUT giving an opportunity not to buy priority for the new ticket. In effect, the minimum exchange fee is the price of new priority. This is misleading. Of course Ryanair will pinch your penny on your baggage.
RouteMilan to Luxembourg
Date FlownDecember 2020

"Another great flight"

Trip Verified | Another great flight. Very good system in place to feel safe during Covid. Staff are as usual very polite and good. Stick to their rules and you are bound to have a great value flight.
RouteStansted to Thessaloniki
Date FlownOctober 2020

"It was extremely comfortable"

(Spain)

Not Verified | My daughter and I flew last week to Belgium from Malaga for just under the 48 hours allowed without quarantine. Brilliant service. New aircraft On time both ways I was expecting a tiny space as I haven't travelled with them for years. It was extremely comfortable and did not feel cramped at all. I will use them next time.
RouteMalaga to Brussels
Date FlownOctober 2020

"why do Ryanair people keep scamming people like thi"

Trip Verified | Ryanair gave a promotion of no fees to change a flight, so I booked my flight on the 10th September, to fly on 3rd October to 13th October. Unfortunately, the Government put travel restrictions (for Poland) as 14 days quarantine on arrival to UK after the holiday (activated from 4 am, 3rd October). I could not manage to get 2 weeks extra holiday, so I changed my mind and I tried to explain this to 4 customer service agents (from 11 am to 4.30 pm), they showed to me their standard rule is a 7-day change rule and did not let me change my ticket date with fees free promotion. They said - I can only change my ticket before 7 days prior to the flight. They are not a legitimate company, there are so many hidden fees. I paid for my tickets (3 people) 203 GBP with parking, but to change my ticket, they asked me to pay 350 GBP (appx.) including seat booking, extra baggage, everything I have to pay again even though I haven’t used anything. Also, they got my money for parking 10 days into a long stay, but they said they are not responsible to deal with my parking at all. So, why do Ryanair people keep scamming people like this. My suggestions to everyone, please stay away from this budget airline, they have got tonnes of hidden fees. My experience is - if you give them your money and you want to change anything, they will rip you off. So, be careful, ignore Ryanair at any cost, nothing is free with them.
RouteLondon Stansted to Krakow
Date FlownOctober 2020

"train people to better interact with passengers"

Trip Verified | On my flight from London Stanstead to Perugia I boarded around 6:10 am and one of the hostesses impressed me with her ways of treating people. At some point in the middle of the flight I wanted to get up to use the loo, I've seen other people standing up or taking their bags but once I approached the loo, the hostess got up from her corner and started yelling really loud go away, go sit down. I would invite the company to do a revision of their staff and to train their people on how to better interact with passengers. What she should have done instead is to politely explain, why I am not allowed to use the loo.
RouteLondon Stansted to Perugia
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"extra fee for the checking-in"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Not a nice situation with the extra fee for the checking-in at the airport. It is true that the information about the additional costs at the airport is included in the carrier's regulations, but the ground officer at check-in point did not inform about the additional fee. I wanted to check in my luggage which was previously purchased but it was invisible in his system. He asked me for a credit card, He said it is necessary to check if the baggage was actually purchased, it resulted from the conversation. Unfortunately, I didn't ask if he just wanted to check a baggage fee. Then he issued a bill, as it turned out, he did not check the baggage fee, it was just a fee for checking in at the airport. So, my bad i didn't check the regulations but I ask why personal does not inform about additional fees, costs etc.
RouteCatania to Cracow
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"Jet2 has my business in future"

Trip Verified | Ryanair totally mislead with bookings while Coronovirus is going on. Says you can cancel and rebook at no extra cost but totally misleading. Try to change booking and you are charged a great deal more. I booked to go September 2020 to Malaga but with government changes and so therefore not covered with insurance it was to dangerous to go. My friends booked Jet2 and were refunded straight away. I will not book Ryanair in future and I fly 3/4 times a year, now Jet2 has my business in future and I do not think I will be the only person deciding this.
RouteBirmingham to Malaga
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"I was charged the rebooking fee"

(Cyprus)

Trip Verified | Earlier this year I booked a return flight from Paphos to Stansted. One sector was cancelled and I was offered a free rebooking. With the onset of the pandemic I rebooked for September. The system would not let me rebook just the one sector and charged me a rebooking fee for the sector which had not been cancelled. Fast forward to today; flight back from Stansted cancelled; offered free rebooking. Assured repeatedly on the Ryanair app that the rebooking fee would not be charged at the end of the process. Surprise surprise! I was charged the rebooking fee for the outbound flight, which I had not changed. Moral of the story is to make each sector under a separate booking. Or choose another airline.
RoutePaphos to Stansted
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"cabin crew were fantastic"

Not Verified | Bag drop at Edinburgh efficient but staff miserable. On board both ways the cabin crew were fantastic. Polite professional and nothing was too much trouble. Handling at Tenerife also excellent. Quick and efficient. Would recommend.
AircraftBoeing 737 800