Ryanair

Customer rating from 1931 reviews

"had to pay 55 EUR in the airport"

Trip Verified | As of June 2020 you can simply add 55 EUR to the price of a one-way flight of you itinerary that is operated by Ryanair. If you don't check-in online, you have to pay for the check-in in the airport. It is there in the conditions, so no surprise. But if you google something like "ryanair error check in" there are quite many people complaining about not being able to check-in online. Though there are useless advice like trying other browser and clearing browser cookies. I had seats purchased, so theoretically I was able to check-in 60 days in advance. I tried it a week in advance, several days in advance, less that 2 days but more than 24 hours in advance. Never worked. You just fill all the check-in data in the account/booking, click next and nothing happens. In the browser console network tab you can see a 500 HTTP status return for the request made when you click "next". It usually means that the web service encountered an unexpected error, but of course only people that have access to the system can figure out why the error happened. User interface of Ryanair web application doesn't report any problem whatsoever, just does nothing. After not being able to check-in online, had to pay 55 EUR in the airport. Filed a complaint online on Ryanair site, no answer for more than a month, and I don't expect any.
RouteMunich to Palma de Mallorca
Date FlownJuly 2020

"customer service is shocking"

Trip Verified | So Ryanair says you can change your flight for free but actually you can’t because the online management tool adds this on. I’ve spent three whole days in a queue to try to get this amended but nobody on the web chat is acknowledging me or answering my query. If I spend three day on hold via the number they say to call costing 13p a minute. It would pay for a new return flight. My flight is on 5/8/20 so I am going to lose my money even those they are in breach of their own terms and conditions. I travel regularly with them but customer service is shocking.
RouteBirmingham to Porto

"appalling customer service"

Trip Verified | Was due to have a return flight with Ryanair from Lanzarote on 22nd April, like everyone my flight was cancelled due to COVID 19. My outward flight was with Jet 2 who rang me three days before my flight was due. Apologised for the inconvenience and promptly refunded my money in full ( brilliant service). Ryanair on the other hand tried to fob me off with a voucher, but in small print at the end reluctantly offered a refund. I filled in the form and sent it off. I waited and waited. Then on the 30th July I received an email from them offering me a voucher and once again right at the end in small print I could have a refund if I filled a form in again (this had a familiar ring to it.) I am of course still waiting. Never have I experienced such appalling customer service, how they remain in business is beyond me. Like many others I will of course never fly with this airline again. I can only think sooner or later they will go out of business, they certainly will be no loss!
RouteLanzarote to Stansted
Date FlownApril 2020

"sent a voucher three months later"

Not Verified | My flight was cancelled due to Covid 19 and I claimed a refund. Ryanair advised that I would get a refund but would have to wait as there were a lot of claims. They sent a voucher three months later (expires in 12 months) and it is now impossible to contact them.
RouteDublin to Barcelona
Date FlownMarch 2020

"friendly and attentive cabin crew"

Trip Verified | Excellent all round. After being badly let down by their major competitor I reluctantly took the very early morning flight. Easy on time boarding, friendly and attentive cabin crew and a chirpy pilot. Plane very clean and fresh. Crew ensured masks Worn and policed toilet visits really well. On time landing and easy disembarkation. Well done.
RouteStansted to Brindisi
Date FlownJuly 2020

"Flight was 100% satisfactory"

Trip Verified | Just flown Dublin to Dalaman. Flight was 100% satisfactory. On time and very attentive crew. Plane was clean and bright. Decent legroom and cheaper than any other carrier. Well done Ryanair.
RouteDublin to Dalaman
Date FlownJuly 2020

"I just find all this very frustrating"

Not Verified | We arrived at the airport and had paid for fast track only to be told there was no fast track open and it had been closed for some time, when I complained at the airport I was told to take it up with the airline. I then asked 3 different Ryanair staff who advised me to complain saying Ryanair should know it was closed. I tried complaining but there was no specific question which was appropriate on the chat line, it kept taking me back to the beginning. I am still waiting for various refunds on flights for March and May. I tried changing one flight which I booked in July because I was told there was no charge, again just before I was about to pay for the new flight a charge popped up. There was no way I could delete the charge therefore I gave up. I just find all this very frustrating.
RouteLuton to Knock

"Impressive cabin crew"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Ponta Delgada. Impressive cabin crew, going beyond their duty, professional, kind and attentive. The flight though was tiring and Ryanair needs to stop with this sort of joke of them of landing hardly.
RouteLisbon to Ponta Delgada
Date FlownJuly 2020

"They are just ripping people blind"

Trip Verified | Very poor customer service, pre booked way before covid -19 for European holiday. All other bookings are getting refunded or credit note for full amount but not Ryanair. Was told not there problem if i dont make it to the gate, what a joke. I cant even get out of my state in Queensland Australia let alone out of the country. They are just ripping people blind for no reason.
RouteManchester to Rome
Date FlownJune 2020

"I asked for a full refund"

Trip Verified | Ryanair cancelled my ticket on the 8th March because of covid-19 from Luton to Tenerife South which is acceptable. I asked for a full refund on the 20th March they write me that it will take longer to get my money back. Now all Im waiting almost 10 weeks. I call the service they told me just wait or choose a new flight. I don't want a new flight. I think they play with not just me but everyone in the same situation to keep our money.
RouteLuton to Tenerife south