Ryanair

"not have time to leave it at check in"

Trip Verified | Madrid to Dublin. A terrible experience with Ryanair. We are queuing to board and Ryanair employee comes over to tag our buggy (traveling with our toddler) she checks the ticket and sees that we do not have priority boarding so she tells me I have to pay to the wheels bag (normal carry on bag). I told her it was paid for already but we did not have time to leave it at the check in desk. She said I need to pay 25 euros, I asked if it goes in the same place as the buggy and the rest of the bags and she said yes it goes in the hold. I paid for the bag already why are you making me pay another 25 euro? I leave it at the airplane door with the buggy? Really does nobody check this company’s rules?
RouteMadrid to Dublin

"not checked in online"

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Malaga. I am extremely upset about the way we were made to pay an extra 330 euros for my family of 6 to fly because we were not checked in online and the reason we weren’t checked in was because their website wasn’t working for us. We kept trying and the system kept freezing. When I questioned this I was told you should have called us. We may have even made their 2 hour cutoff if we hadn’t stood in really long lines. We will not be flying with them again.
RouteLisbon to Malaga
Date FlownDecember 2019

"lack of customer care"

Trip Verified | We were supposed to flight from Milan Bergamo to Dublin at 21.25pm on 13 January. Police shortage in Bergamo Airport, nobody was advised, 1 hour 30 min waiting at passport control, last call was made for flight to Dublin at 21.23, we arrived at gate at 21.30pm, the aircraft left at 21.57, leaving 60 passengers on the ground. No Airport Manager or RyanAir Rep on duty, the gate control guy tried his best to contact the aircraft and RyanAir in Dublin explaining the situation, RyanAir denied time extention. The 27 minutes delayed was due to the discharge of stranded passengers luggage off the plane. The aircraft left in front of our nose. If I didn't experience this in person I would have never believe it, the total lack of customer care and common sense was unreal.
RouteMilan Bergamo to Dublin
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Staff were nice and friendly"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Prague to Edinburgh. Normal low cost flight. Boarding was quite chaotic no one cared about some priority boarding etc, but they checked dimensions of almost all baggage. Departure on time, arrival too (maybe a few minutes late). Flight was operated with normal Ryanair 737-800, 12 years old, reg. EI-DYA. Interior wasn't so clean, seats looked quite old, but comfortable, at least for low cost airline, legroom was fine too. Staff were nice and friendly (one of them maybe too much). Flight cost less than 6 Euro, for this price perfect service.
RoutePrague to Edinburgh
Date FlownNovember 2019

"very upset with Ryanair"

Trip Verified | Paris to Vienna. I am very upset with Ryanair because 24 hours before departure I tried to check in and when I needed to fill space with passport number their website was kicking me out, I tried few times and it didn’t work. When I came to airport on check in they told me I have to pay 55€. I said I couldn’t check in on their website from apple instead of that they told me to download their app and do it from there and better from android. I will never use this airline anymore, because at the end one way ticket instead 26€ was costing me almost 100€ with bad service.
RouteParis to Vienna
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"The cheap becomes expensive"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Ponta Delgado to Lisbon. No flight on Ryanair was on time. Besides the ticket, you need to pay for your baggage in the cabin. The cheap becomes expensive! And with delays. This airline is the worst low-cost airline!
RoutePonta Delgado to Lisbon
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"no reminder email, no heads-up"

Trip Verified | Dublin to London Stansted. I used Ryanair only for the 2nd time (first was three years ago). When I reached airport for flight, they said you have not checked in and charged me 110 euro for I and my wife. They blocked online check-in, it was showing boarding pass expired and charged 55 euro to print boarding pass. There was no reminder email, no heads-up about the 55 euro fee. There were at least 3 more passengers in line for the same reason. They designed the process to rob new/occassional flyers.
RouteDublin to London Stansted

"the lowest low cost"

(Romania)

Not Verified | Flew Ryanair in august 2019 from Budapest to Barcelona and return. Cabin crew pretty polite, no other services on board. The leg room on the outbound flight was horrific, better on the return flight. Departing from Budapest means walking from a garage directly to the plane, that’s the lowest low cost I have ever seen.
RouteBudapest to Barcelona
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Poorest ever customer service"

Trip Verified | Worst airline for countless reasons. 1) Flight delayed by six hours. We were scheduled to depart at 6.05pm. Everyone had boarded the aircraft by 6pm, but we were told by flight attendants to disembark due to a "technical error on the plane". The flight was rescheduled to 12 midnight, but it eventually only took off at around 1am the next day - a total of seven hours of delay. 2) Zero accountability. Ground staff were completely clueless as to any protocol in times of delay. Worse still, for the next ninety minutes or so there was no follow up action and all passengers were just stranded at the boarding gate. We were told to "come check back every 30 min or so" and there was no assurance of what would be done. 3) Shamelessly tried to shirk responsibility. We were told we could make claims via the EU261 flight regulation. However when I submitted my claim, the airline had the gall to say the flight was "delayed due to air traffic controller restrictions, which was outside of our control", which was totally opposite of the technical errors that the air crew had stated. 4) Poorest ever customer service. I followed up with Ryanair customer service staff who had zero professionalism. He was nonchalant throughout the correspondence. The incompetence of this staff member is highlighted in the fact he redirected me to the CAA UK site despite knowing my flight had departed from Spain, and that CAA does not serve cases where the flight departs from other EU member countries. Overall, I regret booking flights from a subpar company with service undeserving of any approval whatsoever. The rock-bottom standard is paralleled by its consistently plummeting stock price. I would recommend this airline to anyone who seeks disappointment, or wishes to spend the night at the airport for any abnormal reasons.
RouteMadrid to London (Stansted)
Date FlownDecember 2019

"rude staff, uncomfortable seats"

Not Verified | Dublin to Sarajevo via Cologne. Terrible airline to travel with all round. Cheap flights don’t offer enough incentive to deal with rude staff, uncomfortable seats and hidden fees galore. Paying 55 euro to do the most standard thing possible (which is just checking in) is completely ridiculous, at no point before flying was I told and many other people for that matter, that not checking in online will incur such an expensive fee. Everyone will end up paying the pilots directly upon entering the plane so they take off at his rate. The staff were extremely rude and unhelpful and also horribly robotic to deal with. You are left with the impression that you are cattle being herded onto a truck and that you’re lucky it’s so cheap. I recommend anyone wishing to go anywhere to avoid this company at all costs as it was an infuriating experience. If I could give 0 out of 10 I would.
RouteDublin to Sarajevo via Cologne