Ryanair

"the worst experience"

Trip Verified | Berlin to Athens. It’s the worst experience I have ever had. They opened a few counter for luggage dropping. It takes an hour! In the middle of our line, I went to the front desk ask to drop our luggage. The agent asked us to get back in line and wait. They speak terrible English. When we get to the front desk, they told me luggage drop in was closed. They have announced it. We never understood what they were announcing. They just told us to book next flight. I will not book their flight again. It’s a long line, long wait, and they don’t allow you sit together if you don’t pay more. Worst service. Have to pay more for luggage.
RouteBerlin to Athens

"pay for cabin luggage"

Trip Verified | Belfast to Manchester. Terrible airline, you now have to pay for cabin luggage and to sit beside your travel partner/s. I will never travel with them again. Avoid at all costs!!
RouteBelfast to Manchester
Date FlownMay 2019

"made me pay £20 for cabin luggage"

Trip Verified | Edinburgh to Barcelona. Worst airline I have ever been. Rude and unfriendly staff, they made me pay £20 for my cabin luggage. Even if they made me pay for my hand luggage, they didn't allow me to take into the flight, they took away to go in the hold. They make the tickets so cheap and affordable in their website hence once you are there, they charge you for seat, for cabin baggage! Never again with Ryanair. I had stressful experience.
RouteEdinburgh to Barcelona

"the prices changed"

Trip Verified | Stansted to Bucharest. I choose my dates in June 2019 and my seats and when I wanted to pay a window popped up and said that a problem has occurred and I have to choose everything once again. When I did that, which took me few seconds, the prices changed, even priority and seats prices.
RouteStansted to Bucharest
Date FlownMay 2019

"Departure was a nightmare"

Trip Verified | Leeds Bradford to Malaga. Departure was a nightmare, no one knew what was going on. The flight was delayed over 3 hours. We were sent a food and drinks voucher which we couldn’t use as it only applied to certain shops (great if you wanted ice cream for tea) and as we had gone past security it was pretty useless. For every delay we didn’t get the messages in time so we were stuck outside the gate. Then when we finally got on the plane, we were stuck on it for over an hour. Because of this mess we hadn’t managed to have a proper meal, no free food was offered. I got home at 4am and I am now severely jet lagged as overall we had travelled (including wait times) for nearly 10 hours. If there were delays on Wednesday why were we not told when the delays started more warning could’ve been given. To top it all off, they also lost my luggage. Never flying with them again.
RouteLeeds Bradford to Malaga

"I regret flying them"

Trip Verified | Malta to Stansted. My friend and i flew Ryanair on the 6th May carrying a cabin bag. At the gate we were asked to pay £20 for our bag . According to the airline staff "we did not check the bags downstairs for free. We paid it. I then asked her if we needed to pay for priority on our way back in order to take our bags and she said no. We can check it in free. On our way back on the 9th of may, we went to check our bags as we were told. But were asked to pay €20 each. The lady said this is Malta not London i dont know what you were told there. We asked to pay for priority as we were misinformed but were told priority was finished. This is really disheartening as when i checked in online it stated i can check in a cabin bag for free. I regret flying them.
AircraftFR8852
RouteMalta to Stansted
Date FlownMay 2019

"This airline has got to be the worst"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Alicante. This airline has got to be the worst I have ever flown with, they give you a cheap price for the ticket then get you at the airport for as much money as they can get out of you. For example cabin luggage we had to pay £40.00 for a cabin case that is accepted on every airline on the planet and the only one they will accept is no bigger than your wallet (funny that!) and soon they will probably start charging for that soon. Then if you don’t pay extra again for your seat they make sure one of you is at the front of the aeroplane and the other is at the back. I will never fly with Ryanair again because if you fly with a normal airline it works out cheaper in the end as I have checked this so save all the grief and pay the few pounds extra when you go to a normal airline and you will save money and stress.
RouteGatwick to Alicante

"no-fuss service"

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | Berlin to Budapest. Fast boarding, fast take-off, efficient though no-fuss service all along. Departure and arrival both on time. Only complaint is that seats didn't recline.
RouteBerlin to Budapest
Date FlownMay 2019

"its just not a nice experience"

Not Verified | Flying back to England from Corfu, we hadn't been given our return flight check in details previously as we do with other airlines so just assumed they would be given to us at Corfu airport. Wrong!They said we should have printed them off before ourselves. Never come across this before with other airlines and we've flown a lot over the years. Now it was 2 hours to the flight that facility was closed and we'd have to pay 55 euros each extra. The original flight cost was only £71 each return so that was too much. A rip off. Fair enough to charge us a bit but not that much. Then we were given our seat numbers and surprise surprise we weren't seated together even though the plane was half empty. We then proceeded on the plane to all swap seats so people were sat next to each other which because of all the empty seats was no problem. I know we could have paid to sit next to each other, but again they charge too much. £2 or £3 and I like many people would pay, but not £9 each,each way. Greedy. Altogether its just not a nice experience. Contrast that to Jet2, what a difference. Will try my hardest to never book a holiday with Ryanair flights attached to it again.
RouteCorfu to Southend
Date FlownMay 2019

"made me pay an extra 20£"

Trip Verified | East Midlands to Barcelona. Having paid for an extra 10kg of luggage on the booking, the check-in staff made me pay an extra 20£ because it hadn't been checked in. 20£ extra for a ground handling agent to bash your luggage into the cargo.
RouteEast Midlands to Barcelona