Air India

Air India customer review

Flew BKK-BOM-LHR. BKK-BOM unexciting and somewhat hard-nosed female cabin crew which is a shame. Flight was on- time. 7-hour layover in Mumbai was lovely in new terminal building great food options and plenty of lounger chairs to lay-back and rest. BOM-LHR on 787 was fabulous very comfortable lots of legroom pleasant peaceful cabin except for one unfortunate air-rage incident which was handled very professionally by the cabin crew. Food a bit heavy for my liking but I would fly these guys again.

(Panama)

I recently took 4 trips on AI 1 domestic and 3 international. They were in a word a nightmare. JFK-DEL is 15 hours. The seats had their cushioning removed the entertainment panel only partially worked on 1 flight and didn't work at all on our return flight. The flight maps did not even work on any of the 4 flights. Cabin maintenance (or lack thereof) made me question their mechanical maintenance. Flight attendant service was horrible. People were still in the aisles when they pushed off for take off and jumped out of their seats as soon as we touched down - opening overhead compartments etc as the cabin crew ignored everything. Too busy talking in the galley. No comments at all from the flight crew about the 3+ hours of terrible turbulence after leaving Delhi. The cabin crew routinely locked one of the coach bathrooms for their own use which meant 2 toilets for about 200 people. They never walked through the cabin before or after meal service. As a former flight attendant who has flown millions of miles on different airlines I can say this is the worst airline ever.

(New Zealand)

I travelled on Air India flight AI301 serviced by the Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner. It was an excellent flight. The cabin crew were very friendly and smiled. The food was good but there was not enough western entertainment compared to other airlines. The seat was very comfortable with a great amount of leg room. I would love to fly with Air India again.

Air India customer review

The seats on 777-300 for AI 112 and AI 111 are a bit small. The reclining part of the seat is also not very much. Food is served quickly after the drinks are served. I was told that it is AI policy not to allow passengers to mix drinks. There was no wine on AI 111 and I think only red wine on AI 112. When I requested a second drink (AI112) I was asked why did I not ask for a larger drink first time. The food and staff were ok. Good value for the price in comparison to other airlines.

Air India customer review

My husband and I travelled from Amritsar via Delhi to London. Our flight was cancelled at Amritsar due to weather conditions they decided to take us by coach to Delhi the coach provided was very basic and there was no Air India staff to look after passengers. We were not provided with food during the journey that took about 17 hours when it should have taken only 6 hours there were children on the bus who were very disturbed no provisions were made available. When we got to Delhi there was no Air India rep to greet us and direct us we were all lost and did not have any information we were all running around from pillar to post to find out where to go and get some info when they should have looked after us at least when we got to Delhi. We were very disappointed with the whole service they clearly don't know how to provide customer care so I will never travel with them in the future.

(Thailand)

AI331 6 Feb BKK-BOM A321 Seat 29F (Window). Excellent check-in service by BFS staff warm welcoming polite and very helpful. Good Legroom much better than other airlines narrow body for sure (even after the guy in front of me reclined the seat did not touch my knees - I'm 6ft 1). Excellent set of crew on the flight (all female operated flight) pre-booked for VOML (Vegetarian Oriental) was served promptly - after I ate I greedily asked for more food and was again promptly given a regular Vegetarian meal with a warm smile and was told to just call if i needed anything else. Could not fault this flight at all.

(Thailand)

AI330 20 Feb BKK-BOM A321 Seat 27C and my wife 27A (middle seat empty). Average service from the Indian staff at Bombay Airport no eye contact no greetings just come and go types. Crew again all female crew including cockpit welcoming and pleasant - but midway through the flight after the meal service things changed. I moved to the last empty row so my wife and I both could get some sleep however one of the crew members walked up to me and told me I could not sit there. This left a sour taste after the wonderful flight I had on the inbound.

Air India customer review

My family of 4 2 adults and 2 children traveled Dubai-Goa-Dubai on 20th Feb to 8 March on Air India direct. On 20th Feb Dubai-Goa the flight was scheduled at 11pm but took off at 12.20am. The delay announcement was very brief and no one was available at the gate for comments. If passengers were told even at 7-8pm in the evening it would have avoided rushing to the airport. Food specially for children could be managed by us etc. We were left standing as there was nowhere available to sit. No entertainment onboard the seat in the front had a torn pocket which had a wire coming out which could be very dangerous for my child. I had ordered a children's meal however on the flight back on 8th March none was given. When we pay a similar fare compared to other flights why can we not get the same services?

Air India customer review

CDG-DEL-CDG. I flew on a dreamliner it was my first time with this airplane. Surprisingly the business class is simultaneously comfortable and neutral. There is no soul in it not an ounce of charm that you frequently find with other companies. However it is very comfortable to sleep on a flat seat.

Air India customer review

The FRA-DEL leg was delayed 24 hours due to the heavy fog in Delhi (not Air India's fault) but they quickly and painlessly transferred us to a Airport Hotel where we had to spend the night. Air India even arranged for Indian food at the Hotel. Flight took off on time the next day at around 4pm and the Dreamliner was as usual excellent. Great leg room good food (though the portions were tiny the Steward quickly fixed that on request by providing me with an extra tray) staff attentive throughout. What surprised me was the attentiveness of the Stewards towards parents with young kids. Came to check up on the parents multiple times and kept the kids happy with candy and cola. The DEL-HYD leg was pleasant and on time. The return journey HYD-DEL-FRA was uneventful and on time. As a regular traveler on this route I can only recommend Air India for their great service. Contrary to what people say about the airline it has transformed from a hopelessly terrible service to a rather decent airline.