Air India

"How can this airline treat passengers so casually?"

Not Verified | Never book any flight with this airline as they have extremely poor service, pathetic staff, worst customer service and unprofessional behaviour. They treat passengers as if they are traveling on a free ride with the airline and have no plans to reach the destination. There is no acknowledgement about the delays and no support for refund or reschedule. The refund takes more than 6 months sometimes! My Luggage was damaged and Company ID was lost while returning from Udaipur to Mumbai. How can this airline treat passengers so casually?
RouteMumbai to Udaipur
Date FlownAugust 2021

"amount is not refundable"

Trip Verified | Air India Customer Service is unprofessional and customer service numbers are down all the time. No update given on their website or info to travel agents. I was suppose to cancel my flight to Tirupati but as there customer care lines are down, I had to call them back next day of my booking. Since I did not reach out to them 24 hours after the ticket was booked, the amount is not refundable. Stop booking Air India rather Indigo really helped me with regard to full refund.
RouteTirupati to Hyderabad
Date FlownJuly 2021

"not refunding the money"

Trip Verified | We had booked the tickets online, and we could easy book the tickets on the Air India Website and also got the email confirmation immediately. Even now it shows that the status as confirmed. We went to the airport with all the luggage and all and we came to know that Air India flights are not been flying since more than a month now. So now why are we allowed to book the tickets when the flights are not flying at all. Secondly the systems at Air India Customer care are not at all updated and they have no idea or update of the current status of the flights. We would have called at least 10 times and every time they mentioned flight is confirmed and later after several transfer to escalation team and all we get to know that flights are not flying. Now at maharaja we got the update that the flight is not flying, however it is a scam and trying to fool people as till yesterday in maharaja It was showing out name and details for the particular flight but today is says it is cancelled. Are the website and customer care people not aware of the current status or are they doing it knowingly to collect money from people and not refund it.Its a big scam going on that too when Indian government is involved. Now when we call for refund we are directed to several teams on the call on long waits and no one is able to give a proper solution. Not sure if we will ever get the money back. Really frustrated, along with that we also did the RTPCR test which cost around 600$ for 3 of us. we had given several calls before going for the test just to be sure and conformed and the Customer care guys mentioned it is confirmed. At the Airport we met 4 other families who had booked on the same flight on same date and were facing the same issue. I am sure Air India is earning a lot from these false booking and not refunding the money. People be aware before you choose Air India. I know these writing and comments doesn't effect Air India however just for the knowledge and awareness for people to be cautious and not suffer.
RouteToronto to Bhubaneswar via Delhi
Date FlownAugust 2020

"good for nothing customer support"

Trip Verified | They will take your money and you will never see it again, even if you do your due diligence and cancel within 24 hours, even if you call them every other day for 2 month, wait on hold for hours, write 20 emails and create 5 escalated cases with their sub standard, rude and good for nothing customer support agents. All of the above happened to me. I booked a business class ticket and tried to cancel online but the system was down so I called to cancel within 24 hours. But the customer support agent casually said, and I quote "please call back later. The system is undergoing maintenance and I cannot cancel at this time". That was my first red flag. What kind of an agent cannot cancel even if the user cannot cancel? So I left an email asking them to cancel within 24 hours. I called several times after that and I got the same response: I'd have to pay the $200 cancellation charge because the 24 hours has passed. Otherwise, they said its wise to hold off on cancelling until my escalated case would be reviewed by someone at a higher level. That the customer agents do not have access to emails because they just dont and only the backend team can see my emails That I'd get a response within 24 to 48 hours (but didnt). Even if I did, it was always automated or tightly scripted (was I ever talking to a human?). Exhausted with the constant back and forth and going nowhere for 1 month but before my flight date, I called them to cancel my booking, agreeing to pay the $200. I was promised that my escalated case would be seen to and I'd get back my $200 fee but it never was. I left them multiple requests in email, on their feedback form but talking to these people is like talking to a wall.
RouteNewark to Kolkata via delhi
Date FlownMay 2021

"significant delay in refunding money"

Trip Verified | I cancelled my Air India tickets in April 2021, I have not fully refunded my money back yet. I have called and e-mailed several time, no response from anybody at all. There is significant delay in refunding money, the same is happing to my friends with Air India. Some of my friends still waiting for refunds for more than a six months. Nobody from Air India is accountable for this poor service. Very pathetic customer service. Decided not ever plan to use in the future this air lines again.
RouteToronto to Delhi via Hyderabad
Date FlownApril 2021

"Is this airline out of their minds?"

Trip Verified | My son who is a minor was booked on a non-stop flight Dubai to Bengaluru. Suddenly I receive this message saying flight is re-scheduled Dubai-Delhi-Bengaluru, where he needs to waste 12 hours of precious time at Delhi airport to take the Bengaluru flight and now I get another message saying he has to fly Dubai-Delhi-Cochin-Bengaluru. Is this airline out of their minds? Especially during Covid time instead of operating direct flights re-scheduling via via. What nonsense is this I do not understand. Never take this flights.
RouteDubai to Delhi via Bengaluru
Date FlownJune 2021

"their services are so pathetic"

Trip Verified | They cancelled flight last year in April 2020 due to lockdown, since then we are chasing for your refund and till date I am sending emails, writing them on twitter but their services are so pathetic, they have no system or SOPs to handle issues related to refund. If you check their Twitter Account everyday people are asking for refund but they give pre scripted typical answers to everyone. There is a scam it seems, many customers have given up, their hard earned money been eaten up by Air India.
RouteDelhi to Bagdogra
Date FlownJuly 2020

"Air India just doesn't care"

Trip Verified | The bad experience starts as soon as you enter the Airport at the check in desk. No availability of online-check in, no line management for different types of check in (at the counter, online). After 45 minutes of standing in the queue, as there were not enough Staff for the number of passengers checking in, boarding began with the boarding pass being checked minimum 4 times (could never understand why this happens on Indian domestic and International flights only). No inflight entertainment, seats were broken. Food was the only plus which made the journey bearable. Overall- very disappointed, and it seemed from their lacklustre service that Air India just doesn't care. No improvement during the return leg of the journey from Del-Fra. They capitalised on the Passengers vulnerabilty during the Holidays by putting in service the old-worst serviced planes. PS: the prices were 1,5 times the normal prices.
RouteFrankfurt to Delhi
Date FlownDecember 2020

"seats are not comfortable"

Trip Verified | Very poor food, flight is very dirty and seats are not comfortable and even found a panel laying side to the seat. Entertainment system barely works and don't have any options so it is better not to work. They don't do any sort of maintenance inside the flight.
RouteCochin to Chicago via Delhi
Date FlownApril 2021

"Don’t ever use Air India"

Trip Verified | While booking LHR-COK with return it will show up connecting via Bombay, Delhi or Bangalore with long waiting to COK, but return will be direct from COK-LHR. We all book as at least we can have a nonstop flight from COK. But they will cancel the flight 4 or 5 days before your return journey. Then will end up with finding another airline with huge amount of fare. Partial refund from Air India will take 9 months and the maximum partial refund will be £150 per ticket. Don’t ever use Air India.
RouteLondon to Kochi