Air India

"Aircraft was in shabby condition"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Delhi route was on negative side. Check in :I was flying 1st time from Singapore, my wife had flight to DXB by Emirates few hours before my flight, they had fully automated self checking and was expecting same for Air India but I was wrong. Air India still use conventional method of checking. Boarding was on time. Aircraft was in shabby condition, needs serious maintenance, torn back pockets, damaged window light control and many more. Breakfast served was just Ok, didn't expect this on a route like SIN DEL.Flight crew was ok. On time:Arrived Delhi before time,that was good.
RouteSingapore to Delhi
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"an enjoyable and comfortable flight experience"

Trip Verified | Bengaluru to Mumbai by Air India. The flight was slightly delayed by an hour or so due to crew work time limitations being exceeded but this was communicated well in advance and so there was also no adverse consequences as a result of that. The flight in itself was a very standard fare with breakfast served and the crew being fairly warm and receptive. Had it not been for the delay this would have been the perfect flight but nevertheless an enjoyable and comfortable flight experience. Also travelling on the Airbus A320 Neos is quite good as they are newer aircrafts and more fresh.
AircraftA320 neo
RouteBengaluru to Mumbai
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"non working air conditioning"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Mumbai. We had a 1 hour delay on the tarmac with non working air conditioning cabins and very minimum air venting at 40c temp in cabin . Were told by crew it would get better when we were airborne and while air vented a bit better when airborne it was still very warm. The staff knew Air Con had an issue and were told by numerous passengers even while on the tarmac but lied saying “air would be more once airborne”. Crew and Pilots obviously knew they had a fault, werent expecting to be on the Tarmac for an hour waiting for a delayed USA connection to this flight and flew with a fault anyway to keep schedule.
RouteDelhi to Mumbai
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Hot and highly uncomfortable"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Mumbai. Changed my flight to a different one and of an earlier time. Didn't bother informing even once. When I tried enquiring at the airport, they didn't find it important to reply to me for the same. Moreover, the flight's AC was having issues which again wasn't informed about. Hot and highly uncomfortable throughout the journey.
RouteDelhi to Mumbai
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Air India has the worst aircraft"

Not Verified | San Francisco to Delhi via Hyderabad. This was the first time I was flying Air India, and I have truly never used a worse mode of transportation ever. Air India has the worst aircraft with the most ancient entertainment systems. But that is a mere inconvenience in the harrowing experience that Air India considers to be an acceptable journey. After missing my connecting flight at Delhi International Airport, thanks to the inefficient airport security, and spending the night at the airport, when it was time to check-in to my new connecting flight, the Air India personnel at the counters were extremely curt, unhelpful and uncooperative about checking in my luggage that was already cleared from my previous flight. Upon boarding my next flight, I was welcomed to an unclean seat and food tray. Once I finally landed at my intended destination, Air India managed to lose one of my checked bags, which I was reconciled with after 6 days. This experience has definitely turned my family, friends and me away from Air India as future customers.
RouteSan Francisco to Delhi via Hyderabad
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"penalised for their incompetence"

Trip Verified | I booked my ticket in the UK with Southall travel. 2 days before my outbound flight to Delhi I telephoned Air India to reserve my seats. I was told that I now had reserved window seats on every one of my flights and there was no need to check in online. It was all done. I arrived at Heathrow and took my pre booked window seat to Delhi. On 14th April arrived at Delhi international airport at 09:50 in the morning to fly to Kathmandu. The flight was due to leave at 12:50. 3 hours later. I queued with my luggage for almost 2 hours. When I got to the check in desk I was told that Air India had over booked the flight so I would not be able to fly that day and would have to fly the following day. I protested and said that this would not do. I spoke to several members of staff and two managers. I was pushed from pillar to post. I demanded that Air India put me on the next available flight with whichever carrier they could. I was told that this would not be possible as the only other flight to leave that day was a Nepal Airlines flight which was already full. I persisted. Finally they called Nepal Airlines who agreed to put me on the flight if there was a cancellation and the 2 airlines would sort out everything between themselves. While I was waiting I questioned the Air India representative who informed me that it happens quite regularly and that every week at least one or two passengers do not get their seats due to Air India over booking their flights. He said that confirming seats for my future Air India flights by telephone was not a guarantee that I would get the seat because priority would be given to people who book their seats online and if I ever was to confirm my seat by telephone then Air India's policy is to advise customers to arrive at the airport to check in at least 4 hours prior to departure. The agent in the UK said nothing about this when I confirmed my seats with him. A seat came up with Nepal Airlines at around 14:35. I was told to hurry forward. I did so do with the Air India representative towards the Nepal Airlines check in desks. However when we got there the Air India Representive informed me that I would be liable for the excess baggage as Nepal Airlines allow only 20 kilos of luggage whereas my luggage allowance with Air India is 46 kilos. I refused to pay; It was not my fault that Air India over booked their flight so why should I, the passenger be penalised for their utter incompetence.
RouteDelhi to London

"never Air India again"

Trip Verified | We had a awful trip from FFM to Colombo and back with Air India. We chose them because they were offering the best times for both trips (but they changed them later from 8.40 in the morning to 2.40 in the middle of the night - and they do this apparently regularly). On both flights (actually all 4 flights because there is a stop over in Delhi) the online check-in was not working - as a result my family of four were spread all over the plane. In one case they booked as in row 23, but the aircraft only has 21 rows. So their IT is simply not working, everything is utmost slow (it took us 20 minutes to check in at the desk in Colombo). The aircraft from Colombo to Delhi is really old and dirty and this in combination with a non working IT, you don't believe that they really care about technical standards and safety. The entertainment system didn't work on both flights from FFM to Delhi. Every passenger needed numerous resets to get the minimum going - the minimum means a really small collection of outdated movies. I think even 15 years ago other airlines had better entertainment systems. This is clearly not acceptable. Sleeping was also difficult because we had numerious kids crying on all flights. The only positive aspect: some of the staff (not all) tried to do their best to solve the problems. So at least for us: never Air India again no matter how good their flight times are or how cheap they are. It is a shame that they are a member of the Star Alliance group.
RouteFrankfurt to Colombo via New Delhi
Date FlownAugust 2019

""Worst customer service ever experienced"

(Norway)

Not Verified | Had booked Business class from Kathmandu to New Delhi. Without any notice Air India changed the flight to an all-economy flight. All staff were extremely rude and the only answer we got was - this happens sometimes. Got told to contact ground staff on arrival in New Delhi to get a refund. Ground Saff said I'm not eligible for a refund since I didn´t book my ticket with an Indian bank card. Worst customer service ever experienced from an airline. Will never use Air India again.
RouteKathmandu to New Delhi
Date FlownAugust 2019

"never recommend Air India"

Trip Verified | 15th August I arrived in Dehradun with Air India AI 9609. But my luggage was missing. I made a complaint to the lost and found. Until today, the 18th of August they are not able to track the luggage. Air India staff are useless and so unprofessional. I will never recommend Air India to anyone.
AircraftAI 9609
RouteDelhi to Dehradun

"Pleasantly surprised"

Trip Verified | Milan to Melbourne via Delhi. Pleasantly surprised by Air India Business Class. The cabin only has 18 comfortable seats which make excellent beds at the press of a control. The layout is 2x2x22 so you could be unlucky if travelling alone as not much privacy. Get an aisle seat for mobility. The food for main meals was delicious especially the vegetarian options. The drinks service was limited but all that is needed. The cabin crew on the long leg were kind and helpful, One elderly man took ill and they did everything they could to help him. The entertainment options are limited but the seat and bed are great value. Transfers at Delhi are slow and understaffed and need upgraded body screening equipment. I would fly business class with them again.
RouteMilan to Melbourne via Delhi