Air India

"don't go by this airline at all"

Not Verified | We book a flight to Diu from Mumbai and it was early morning 7.30 am flight so we reached the airport by 5.30 to know that the flight is cancelled and there was huge crowd for the same flight. No representative or any person from airline was available to answer the queries / questions by all customers. We had a baby along with us who is just 3 year old and there were other passengers with infants struggling to know why the flight was cancelled. While i am writing this till that time we have not received any cancellation message or email. Pathetic service and highly not recommended to fly via this airline. If the airline does not send me any email or message i dont know if my money will come back or its donated to the airline. Please please don't go by this airline at all.
RouteMumbai to Diu
Date FlownMay 2020

"ancellation charges are $350/person"

Not Verified | I booked this airline for my parents to travel to India. The flight date is 27th May. The Airline canceled the flight due to COVID-19 and is giving us two bad options 1) Rebook the ticket and the travel has to finish before 31 Mar 2021. My parents can only go there during summer vacation. This summer vacation is gone... not enough time to rebook for the next summer. 2) Cancel the ticket and cancellation charges are $350/person. I asked can I just not show up and cancel the flight in June and the representative only mentioned that the cancellation charges then would be different but could not tell me how much different ... lower/higher/same/similar. So I'm paying $700 to AirIndia for canceling the flight on me and offering no reasonable alternative. Needless to say I had to wait a really long time on the customer service call. My queue position during the call went from over 90 to 11 to 15 to 19 and 17 and then I suddenly got a call. I have no clue why they bothered to even have a queue on the call. Their chatbot or automated service does not really work.
Date FlownMay 2020

"400$ per ticket for cancellation"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Ahmedabad via Delhi, we booked for this May 2020 and again we are very disappointed. Due to this Coronavirus we want to cancel our tickets which we have on May 18,2020. As we live in Illinois we have lock down till May 30 2020 and so do india till May 17, but still they told us for cancellation for our tickets they will charge 400$ per ticket which is pathetic. I paid 800$ for whole ticket and I want to fly, but due to lock down they are not flying any flights still they wants to charge me 400$ per ticket for cancellation.
RouteChicago to Ahmedabad via Delhi
Date FlownMay 2020

"charging $525 CAD cancellation fees"

Not Verified | Toronto to Ahmadabad via Delhi. This airline is charging $525 CAD cancellation fees for cancelling flights during the COVID-19 situation. People around the world are in isolation. International travelers are being put quarantine. None of the International Consulates are operating in India. Is this airlines expecting people to travel in these circumstances? Customer care number was also declining calls, calls were getting dropped after getting picked up after being in the queue for a long time.
RouteToronto to Ahmadabad via Delhi
Date FlownApril 2020

"charging $400 cancellation fees"

Not Verified | This airline is charging $400 cancellation fees for cancelling flights during the COVID-19 situation. People around the world are in isolation. International travelers are being put quarantine. None of the International Consulates are operating in India. Is this airlines expecting people to travel in these circumstances? Customer care number was also declining calls, calls were getting dropped after getting picked up after being in the queue for a long time. They don't respond to emails.
RouteSan Francisco to Delhi

"very irresponsible"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Hyderabad. My ticket was booked for 16th April 2020, and suddenly Air India has stopped its bookings. No information was given about the tickets that are already booked. I've tried calling the airlines but none of the contacts was ready to take the calls. It seems to be very irresponsible being the biggest carrier. Even the official site of the airlines is also incomplete without any information.
RouteDelhi to Hyderabad

"seat was comfortable"

Trip Verified | New Delhi to Bangkok. Ticket had been bought the day before from an airport agent. Check-in was quick and straightforward. The queue was very short. Boarding was uncomplicated and efficient. The flight took off and landed on time. I asked for and received an exit row seat. The seat was reasonably comfortable and there was plenty of leg room. Dinner was served about an hour after take off. I declined the meal because I had eaten in the terminal but from what I saw it seemed to be OK. I wanted to rest so I did not try the IFE. Baggage was waiting for me on arrival at the belt because I had an excessive delay getting medical clearance for Bangkok.
RouteNew Delhi to Bangkok

"third-rated airline"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Delhi. Anyone reading this review please please save yourself by not booking with this airline. Booking system to the website to the customer service is very poor. Imagine you call them and they disconnect phone after waiting for 2 hours and call centre had no clue how to resolve queries. what a third-rated airline. Due to the Corona Virus where all good airlines offered a refund or full credit and longer exchange dates but Air India choose to mint money. Bunch of greedy jokers. Please pay a bit extra and use a different airline and you will thank me later.
RouteMelbourne to Delhi
Date FlownMarch 2020

"No basic assistance was offered"

Trip Verified | Due to bad weather my flight couldn't land at the final destination and was diverted to another city. No basic assistance was offered to any passenger, and long story short, we slept at the airport and arrived at the final destination 24h later than the original ETA. A flight compensation, refund, or cancelation report was refused to all passengers. If I was Indian, I would feel ashamed of having such a rubbish company representing my country and my flag. Next time I will spend 30$ more to fly with any other airline.
RouteDubai to Delhi
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Not a good 12-13 hour flight"

Not Verified | Delhi to Melbourne. Not a good 12-13 hour flight. No entertainment, no footrest, no window shade (button missing with tape over) unserviced washrooms with broken panels - this is the scenario after delayed take-off and no announcements. Only 2 staff for an almost full cabin so no smile or attention there. The food is only a choice of vegetarian or non-vegetarian; both Indian and spicy - even the one we were woken for at 3 am! For this we were charged $1600 one way, which reduced the next day to $1100! Obviously taking advantage of people needing to get home before the curfew then when plane was fully booked, making the price appear more reasonable. The only way this airline could be surviving is because they have non stop flights between destinations that no one else services. Terrible.
RouteDelhi to Melbourne