Air India

"they do not update the movies"

Trip Verified | Kolkata to London via Delhi. I was very pleased with the service going to Calcutta as the flight arrived well before time and food was good too (but could do with proper hot food as it doesn't taste good when cold, even the tea). I wondered why they do not update the movies - same old Indian movies, also on my return to London everything was good until I received my suitcase they mishandled it and broke it. Will I get a compensation on that?
RouteKolkata to London via Delhi

"Worst flight experience"

Trip Verified | Newark to Bangalore via Mumbai. Worst flight experience. I travelled with my husband. Flight from Newark airport to Mumbai airport, seats were not comfortable, the screen and the remote was defective. We were literally fighting with the screen to select the movie or pause or play it. The remote few buttons was missing for both of us. Food was not good and bread were hard and cold. The service was also not good. Our connecting flight is from Mumbai to Bangalore. We are still waiting at the airport which forced me to share this review at this moment itself. It seems our connecting flight didn't reach airport. After such a long journey it is tiresome to wait for the next flight without any estimation and food. Will try to avoid Air India flight by heart.
RouteNewark to Bangalore via Mumbai
Date FlownOctober 2018

"utterly ridiculous"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Delhi. I bought 3 tickets on the mobile app all seem fine then the money went off my card but received a message that the ticket was not successful. After calling to India at a massive expense i was told sorry the tickets were cancelled, I have to make a booking online rather than the App - but how can I do this the money was already taken from me. No one that can speak on the phone was willing to help - they said email and they will refund but it will take 10-15 days. This is totally and utterly ridiculous.
RouteBangkok to Delhi
Date FlownNovember 2017

"The flight was the worst"

Trip Verified | Delhi to London. The flight was the worst I’ve ever travelled in. They charged me an extra 20,000 rupees at the airport. The customer service of Air India mentioned something else and when we followed exactly what the Air India people said, we were charged an extra 20,000. I am extremely disappointed as a consumer and I know for a fact that I rather pay a lot extra for another flight but I will not be travelling in Air India again. The Air India officials are extremely rude and do not know how to talk to their consumers. The flight was the most unpleasant experience I had.
RouteDelhi to London
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"flight standard and uneventful"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to Bangalore. I had taken this afternoon flight hoping to arrive in the evening but however as soon as I checked in, I realized that the flight was delayed by over 2 hours and was instead to depart in the evening which was not an ideal situation even though the notification and updates were provided. So I had to kill time at the airport as there was plenty of time on my hands. The flight then took off at the new departure time and the flight was not exactly a full flight and the pushback was on time so the service was on the leisurely side. Dinner was served on this flight due to the delayed departure and during the course of the flight the pilots had kept the passengers updated regarding the course of the flight and the other details which was a good touch because not many pilots tend to do it as much as it should be done. Touchdown was also on time and baggage was swiftly collected from the belts which led to a swift embarkation. Overall, apart from the 2 hours delay which was of no serious consequence, everything else on the flight was standard and uneventful, the crew was engaging and friendly.
RouteMumbai to Bengaluru
Date FlownOctober 2018

Air India customer review

Trip Verified | Bangalore to Mumbai. I usually travel to Bangalore for business/ work related trips and have gone by Air India and never encountered any problems. The checkin process was smooth and baggage drop without any hassles. The flight departed on time, was pretty full with an all female cabin crew who managed to do a very good job of looking after passengers. On this short segment, a hot breakfast was served (Air India serves an all vegeterian meal on all their domestic sectors) which was very good. This was an excellent, smooth flight which was handled well from start to finish. Would definitely fly with them again.
RouteBangalore to Mumbai
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"crew was very courteous"

Not Verified | We had flown on 27th September 2018 on Air India flight from Pune to New York via Delhi. My seat number was D45. It was a very pleasant flight. The crew was very courteous, the food was good and on the whole I would rate it as excellent. Keep up the good work.
RoutePune to New York via Delhi
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"rude and arrogant to clients"

Trip Verified | Delhi to London. I have come to London as a short-term student for 4 months under a fully funded Government of India and British Council Scheme, Newton-Bhabha PhD placement programme. I booked my flight from Air India office, Jor Bagh, Delhi, India. When I booked my ticket they never gave me the option of Maharaja Scholar scheme to take an extra piece of baggage. It is when I asked they issued me the same. But, I was never told that I have to book a return ticket to avail the same for my journey from London to India. And now when my ticket is booked by my husband from the same office for December 2018, they are arrogantly saying that they can't issue extra baggage under Maharaja Scholar scheme and I have to talk to UK office. I called UK office to inquire the same they are saying 'Sorry, we can't issue one' and giving me option to pay 140 pounds to take that 3rd piece of bag. Is it justified to harass a student like this???? I literally have to throw my suitcase alongwith the things in London and go back to India with so called 2 piece allowance. It's my compulsion to travel with Air India because of government funding otherwise I would be the last person to choose this airlines. I must mention the staff is so rude and arrogant to clients that they are not ready to utter options available to us. If they would have told me prior I would have booked the return ticket from India itself. Its like we are begging in front of them for everything. They have defeated my purpose of going to their office and book the ticket, it would have been better to book online in such a scenario.
RouteDelhi to London
Date FlownJuly 2018

"my first and last trip"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Chicago. This was my first and last trip with this airline. Not only are the staff incompetent, they are not honest. Our flight was initially arranged for a Saturday, they diverted the plane without telling the passengers, and instead communicated with the passengers there were ‘technical problems’ which were creating delays. The first lie was a 2 hour delay, the second a 4 hour delay, and on the third 2 hour delay which then established a cumulative 6 hour delay - at least 60 male and female passengers were at the podium at gate 26B in the Delhi airport demanding answers or plans. Air India supervisors, who had no competence, leadership, organization, or plans were found to have lied to the passengers once one of the younger employees admitted they knew all along the flight was not coming. These supervisors engaged in a 3 hour argument with these 60 or so passengers and at the end offered nothing to the passengers at all. I was embarrassed for the employees of the airline and the passengers who were from India - the riotous display the airline was unable to control or relieve tells me they have no concept of current airline practices or any consideration for customer service.
RouteDelhi to Chicago
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"would take Air India again"

Not Verified | Frankfurt to Delhi. First time with Air India for me. I was pretty worried because of the mixed reviews for the airline but because of the cheap price we decided to book them anyway. The check-in and boarding was not the fastest but in the end the flight was on time. Inflight entertainment had nice current hollywood and bollywood options. The service and especially the food was very good. I had mutton with rice and my girlfriend took the vegetarian option. Both meals very very good. The Aircraft had some slight signs of usage but was clean. Overall we would take Air India again because we feeled save, had good food and the overall price-performance ratio was good.
RouteFrankfurt to Delhi