Air India

"airline is a disgrace to India"

Not Verified | San Francisco to Delhi. Air India has managed to take its standards successfully below sub-par. Bad seats, bad food, bad service, bad entertainment - our audio sets were broken, video was blank - worst ever I've seen on an international flight. To top it all, the flight was delayed due to a mechanical failure and we were stranded at Delhi airport for 6 hours in the middle of the night. They didn't have accommodation so my kids and I slept on the floor! Not to mention, the crew was the least bit apologetic about the delay and were literally pushing people to make way. As if this wasn't enough, the price was a ridiculous $1900 per ticket! This airline is a disgrace to India.
RouteSan Francisco to Delhi

"a pretty solid airline"

Trip Verified | Bengaluru to Mumbai. As part of the Christmas and New Year vacations, I had decided to fly with Air India on this morning flight but unfortunately the flight was overbooked due to which an additional charge had to be paid in order to upgrade to Business. Even though there were rumours to the effect that the staff were trying to get the pax fill in the business class even though seats were available in Economy in order to gain as much revenue during the holiday season. Fast forward into boarding and even though the departure time was 8.50am, we only started boarding after 9am. Then there was a further delay of around 1 hour in the aircraft pushback so the flight actually departed at around 10.40am which was not expected and disappointing. The Business Class seats in themselves were pretty good and the in-flight service was exceptional with a welcome watermelon juice drink, crew being engaging, friendly and personable. For Breakfast, I had opted for the cheese omelet which tasted very good along with coffee and croissants. The pilots tried to cover the lost time enroute which was admirable and soon after landing, disembarkation was smooth and the luggage was received swiftly and promptly. Air India is a pretty solid airline and compared to other carriers such as Jet or Indigo, it is pretty solid and stable, if there has been one thing that has been holding the airline back, it's the on time performance which has been lagging considerably behind it's competitors.
RouteBengaluru to Mumbai
Date FlownDecember 2018

"update their customer service"

Trip Verified | I wanted to seek help from customer service and trying their phone (call centre number available on google) after every half an hour but their number was not available. i waited in queue for approx 30min but no response. I sincerely suggest them to update their customer service number correctly or if number is already updated then at least try to cater everyone so that customers like me will not face challenges. Your answering machine says that I'm in queue and waiting time is 10min. Believe me i kept dialing customer care and waiting for more then 30min but no response. I tried using other ways to communicate with them but that will be of no use considering they claim to get back only in 24 hours.
RouteHong Kong to Delhi
Date FlownDecember 2018

"worst airline I ever flew"

Trip Verified | Madrid to Hyderabad via Delhi. This is the worst airline I ever flew with. I took flight from Madrid where they outsourced to wfs not even a single Air India person was present to help, there was huge language problem and no proper discipline maintained by staff. Flight got delayed by 6 hours and on top of that systems error out causing people standing in lines for hours together and on top of it connections forget about that. Systems are no way getting up and the talk is that international flight might get cancelled.
RouteMadrid to Hyderabad via Delhi

"horrible customer service"

Trip Verified | London to Mumbai. Received horrible customer service from Air India. Booked my flight to India on Air India website and our code shared flight from Canada to London was cancelled. Air India kept routing us to different number and they haven't been very helpful. Called Air Canada and they said the flight has been cancelled in July and yet I was able to book this flight on the Air India website. Air Canada is not able to help us because we didn't book the ticket on their website and Air India is not taking any ownership of his situation. We are kind of stuck in the airport and I am travelling with a 6 month old baby. They are not booking us into another flight or they not giving us out refund. Strongly recommend not to book from Air India. Horrible airline.
RouteLondon to Mumbai

"Lazy in-flight crew"

Trip Verified | Lazy in-flight crew and doesn't want to do their duties. Mostly look like a self-service flight where if you need water or anything just go and get that yourself from the counter as you can't find flight crew at their location. I was traveling with an infant and they don't provide anything for the infant except taking extra money from traveler.
RouteSan Francisco to Delhi

"unclean, untimely airline"

Trip Verified | Milan to Kolkata via Delhi, and I chose Air India only because it had a transit at New Delhi and I thought of meeting my friends during the huge gap between the connecting flights (6 hours). But although the Airport Authority of India did not have any problem with it, Air India restricted me from going out of the New Delhi Airport and quickly forced me to do the Security checking for the next flight. I had chosen this unclean, untimely airline which serves stale food only to use the transit time to meet my friends in Delhi which did not happen due to them. By the way, I'm an Indian citizen myself. So, whereas all the other outside Airports/Airlines allow the transit travelers to go outside in case of time gaps, it's only the problem of Air India. On top of that, the Customer Care did not pick up the phone and their website did not allow a seat preference before that.
RouteMilan to Kolkata via Delhi

"Excellent customer service"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Amritsar. Excellent customer service from Air India staff. I was late to board the plane and a senior manager made sure that I was able to catch my flight. My luggage was delivered on time too.
RouteDelhi to Amritsar

"crew was the best"

Trip Verified | London to Ahmedabad. The food and entertainment systems are not up to the mark but the crew was the best I have seen. Right from checking in till baggage collection its perfect. The hospitality shown by the crew on AI172 on 20th November flight is to be counted for.
RouteLondon to Ahmedabad
Date FlownNovember 2018

"Overall, very nice experience"

Trip Verified | Surat to New Delhi. Seats were spacious compared to Indigo and Spicejet. Departed on time but arrived late due to traffic congestion at Delhi airport. Although I faced trouble in doing web check in, I got boarding pass without any hassle at Surat airport. Meal, though complimentary, was not up to the mark (esp Idli and upma) compared to sandwich provided by Indigo and Spicejet (though not complementary); tea and yoghurt was delicious. Nice experience of having Air host in lieu of Air hostess, who was very polite, helping, and professional. Since I booked a day before, price was quite high, but still cheapest. Overall, very nice experience.
RouteSurat to New Delhi