Air India

"Worst flight service"

Trip Verified | Muscat to Madurai via Chennai. Worst flight service of India. Poor time maintenance and customer service. All the time it's late. Those who want to have a pleasant on time journey don't choose Air India.
RouteMuscat to Madurai via Chennai
Date FlownAugust 2019

"keep 3 yr old without parent"

Not Verified | Delhi to Chicago. Very bad staff at reservation counter. Also hopeless tickets allotment, all of us given 3 different spots - row 36, 42, 45. I had 3 yr kid with me they says talk to people in flight. My question why they ask age while booking? Can anyone be ok to keep 3 yr old without parent, They should have used age while pre-allocating tickets.
RouteDelhi to Chicago
Date FlownAugust 2019

"worst flight I've been on"

Not Verified | Birmingham to Kochi via Delhi. This was the worst flight I've been on. First of all it was a last minute decision to fly to India regarding a family emergency so we booked an inexpensive flight and that flight was air India. The staff were rude to us and the the tray table was filthy and had bits of dried up food stuck on it, when I reported this to the stuff they handed me a tissue asked me to it clean up. You could have at least cleaned up the aircraft for the passengers to use and I take this offensive because hygiene is important to me. Next when we reached Delhi we were told to collect our luggage from the luggage belt and load it on to the next flight because it was a domestic one, this was the first ever time any airline had asked us to collect our luggage when we hadn't even reached our destination. At first we weren't sure because we had flown before and this had never happened so I asked the people at the information desk for help, there wasn't anyone else there but for some apparent reason the people at the desk couldn't see me I said excuse me about three times before someone looked up from their phone and when they did they were unhelpful and they looked at me like how could I disturb them from they're phone's. All in all it was a horrible experience and I will never fly on this airline again.
RouteBirmingham to Kochi via Delhi

"I had a great Flight"

Trip Verified | New Delhi to Dubai and I had a great Flight. I would like to specially Mention a senior cabin crew, Sheetal. who was very kind and dedicated towards her job. Thank you for your hospitality.
RouteDelhi to Dubai

"pleasantly surprised"

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to Sydney via Delhi. First flight with this airline, and pleasantly surprised. Aircraft staff were friendly and attentive, food was great and wine free flowing. The seating style seems a little old fashioned, but provided for more comfortable sleeping as your leg positions aren’t as constrained as in the latest corral style business seats. Air India also provided crisp cotton covered quilts in addition to a lighter day blanket. On the Tel Aviv to Delhi leg we were offered pyjamas; perhaps we could have asked for them on the next leg. The staff at the lounge at Delhi was the only weak point. The lounge itself was well provisioned and well equipped, apart from the lack of a shower, but the woman at the desk was unhelpful to the point of rudeness.
RouteTel Aviv to Sydney via Delhi
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Crazy long waiting time"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to Hong Kong via Delhi. My flight is for 27 December 2019. I have booked a Mumbai to Hong Kong flight - via Delhi and I am now trying to change the flight to a direct flight. I am just not able to do so. I called the call centre more than 3 times and every time my call lasted for about an hour. Crazy long waiting time, and still no solution. Every time, they take all details and just before the final change, the call disconnects and now when I call them, they are asking me to call tomorrow or maybe later. wow - what a solution. they also suggested that a call back can be arranged, but not today.. hahah. Are you serious? I have 11 tickets to be changed for my entire family members. All this happened today (23 July 2019).
RouteMumbai to Hong Kong via Delhi

"rudeness was appalling"

Not Verified | New York to Hyderabad via Delhi. The lack of customer caring and the rudeness was appalling. My last name changed when I got married therefore my new passport has my married name. For some reason they would not accept the passport and my marriage certificate as a proof of that. My Indian visa is on my maiden name. I tried to reason with them that the US government takes security seriously and that they issued my new passport, drivers license, social security card etc. only after verifying everything. The airline demanded that I produce a court document showing name change - I dont have a court document nor does any one that I know. That is not what we do in the US for marital name change. They refused to let me get on the airplane with this reason. I was literally travelling to India for two days to attend to a family emergency and I couldn't make it. The worst part is the way the Air India staff in JFK treated me. One would expect that they would try and help the passenger but the person incharge was extremely rude and treated me like I was not human. I was literally in tears explaining to them that I have traveled like this before and no other airline objected. Like banging your head on a wall
RouteNew York to Hyderabad via Delhi
Date FlownJune 2019

"great value for money"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to Bengaluru by Air India. On this late afternoon flight to Bengaluru, the flight was on the lighter side and so, as a result, the check-in process was a breeze and boarding started well before the scheduled boarding time. A light snack was provided consisting of a savoury cake and samosas/pav bhaji and the portions were generous in quantity which was well appreciated. The crew was friendly and engaging which was good. The flight departed on time and arrived well before the scheduled arrival time which was a huge plus. Air India provides great value for money and they should keep it up.
RouteMumbai to Bengaluru
Date FlownJuly 2019

"never flying with them again"

Trip Verified | Washington to Delhi. I had a family emergency, so I bought whatever ticket was available. Unfortunately, it ended up being Air India. I flew from Denver to Washington on United (Code Share) and then Washington to Delhi on Air India. The flight was delayed by a couple hours. Also, the boarding process was a mess. I stood in the line for like 45 min and then they asked me to get a new boarding pass when I was just about to get in, then put me back at the end of the line! I did not find my bag at the baggage claim in Delhi. So, I had to file a delayed baggage claim. The whole process was a nightmare as there wasn't enough staff available to help. Nobody knew what information to provide. After struggling for a couple hours, they filed a delayed baggage report and they told me I'd be receiving my bag within a couple days. After a couple of days, I called them and they told me that they didn't know where the bag was. So, I started calling them everyday. It would take me a couple hours of calling before they would pick up the phone. The phone operators never had any information about what was going on. One operator told me that the air india flight was not being operated anymore!!! I also sent several emails to the email provided on the delayed baggage report. But they never responded! After 10 days, I received a call from a local airport. They told me to come pick up the bag. I was surprised as the Air India people had told me that the bag would be delivered to my home. As I had a family emergency at home, there was no way I could travel a couple hours to the airport to pick up my bag. So , I told them that I would be filing a police report for stolen bag if they didn't deliver my bag. After several hours, they called me to let me know that they are sending the bag with someone to my home. On Air India's website, it is mentioned that there is $50 delayed baggage compensation if the bag is delivered after 24 hours. I have been trying to contact Air India customer care to get my compensation, but no one responds. I have been sending them emails every day without any luck. I recommend everyone to avoid this airline like plague. I am never flying with them again.
RouteWashington to Delhi
Date FlownJune 2019

"not recommend this airline"

Not Verified | Mumbai to Newark. Horrible experience ever had. My flight would fly on July 2nd at 1:30am, but they delayed 3 hours first then delayed for ove night 3rd July 2:30 and we did fly by 4 am, and it supposed to be direct flight but they lay over at Ahmedabad airport for 4 hours and told us for only 1 hour and half. We basically waited 25 hours on airport with no hotel accommodation. They didn’t provide water and blankets till we asked on 2nd July. 3rd July we argued with staff and manager and they agreed to give us lodge and food. I would never fly again Air India and not recommend this airline ever.
RouteMumbai to Newark