Air India

"fares were quite reasonable"

Trip Verified | Bengaluru to Kolkata. The flight was relatively sparse and check in was a breeze although at Bangalore airport the safety checks were at a higher level and the fares were quite reasonable which was good. The flight was on time and boarding started well in advance. The only thing that was an issue was the screen guards which were provided. I could not see anything with them on which didn't make sense because just a couple of months earlier, the screen guards were proper. So it must have been an exception. Landing also happened well ahead of schedule. At a time when all private carriers are trying to profit from this situation, Air India seems to be flying reliably during these times. Keep up the good work.
AircraftA320 Neo
RouteBengaluru to Kolkata
Date FlownAugust 2020

"horrible seats"

Trip Verified | Chennai to Delhi. Worst airline, double regular fare, horrible seats, jittery flight and food terrible. The cabin crew would not offer a mask when the mask I was wearing snapped.
RouteChennai to Delhi
Date FlownJuly 2020

"moved down to Economy"

Not Verified | Probably the worst airline I've ever flown, paid just over 1000€ for business Class only to be moved down to Economy just after boarding, when I asked why the flight Crew said that Business Class was overbooked by 1 person, even though the business Class was almost empty. The plane took off on time, My IFE was not working for the Entire flight, I had a meal served About 2 hours into the flight, but it was disgusting. Cabin crew were relatively friendly, I don't credit this to Air India, as Indians are relatively friendly. The made the flight a little bit better for me. Air India wouldn't refund because I still got to my destination Even though I didn't get the Class I paid for.
RouteLondon to Delhi
Date FlownOctober 2019

"unacceptable and inhuman"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | I had booked an Air India flight for the 23rd of June from Mumbai to Auckland and also had a confirmed ticket. And because of the Covid19 situation, After a lot of difficulty i found a domestic flight and flew from Bangalore to Mumbai to catch my flight. Unfortunately, i get to know they have rescheduled the flight to July 2nd after reaching there, and they didnt not bother to inform their passengers via mail or message about the same. They made me stand and wait for hours when i went to inquire and lied to me saying the flight had been cancelled and blamed it on the immigration. Many passengers like me who traveled to Mumbai, are stranded here and nowhere to go. Air India agreed it is their mistake and refused to provide any solution. Since we could not go out of the airport and had nowhere to go, we had to pay 9000rs per day and stay at the airport hotel for 9 days, total 72000rs (which was not affordable and we had to shell out all our savings). Air India has played with passengers emotions, made them waste lakhs of rupees, left them in helpless situations and separated them from families and left them alone to suffer. This is unacceptable and inhuman. Very rude staff at Air India counter in Mumbai.
RouteMumbai to Auckland
Date FlownJuly 2020

"worst customer care service"

(Sweden)

Not Verified | I was supposed to travel to india through Air India flight from Stockholm to Delhi and Delhi to Hyderabad on 24th july 2020. i booked the flights through supertravel site. Air India cancelled the flights and now they are asking me to cancel my booking so that they can get all the penalty money where i will end up getting back 5% of what i paid. Neither Super Travel nor Air India helping me to get back my refund. As per international airline policies i should get back 100% refund but they are pointing to each other so that they dont need to pay back my money. Both the companies has worst customer care service. They never help you but instead they force you to cancel. And Air India never responds to your mails
RouteStockholm to Hyderabad via Delhi
Date FlownJune 2020

"Very poor service provider"

Not Verified | Delhi to Ranchi. Air India customer service staff very poor communication and also don't reply quickly. Very poor service provider and don't have any manner to Air India ground staff as well as call service center staff
RouteDelhi to Ranchi
Date FlownMay 2020

"still happening to run flights"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Bengaluru. The load factor was quite full. Departure and arrival was on time and the crew were active to ensure that passengers follow the rules and norms during this time. Again there was no food and beverages except water served. I was able to reach my destination safe securely and Air India is still happening to run flights, though their prices are higher than average. This crisis has shown a face of the airline that is otherwise not seen by the regular public.
AircraftA320 neo
RouteDelhi to Bengaluru
Date FlownJune 2020

"Air India flights were operating"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to Delhi by Air India. Me and my partner had purchased tickets to go to our final destination but as there was no direct flights, we had to book the flight to our destination via Delhi. The booking process was smooth especially when you consider that during the covid-19 crisis, most carriers were busy cancelling flights, however we noticed that Air India flights were operating and looking at the previous record of flights we decided to go ahead with them. The tickets were on the high side but in these times having an airline actually fly instead of cancelling the flight is a game changer. The boarding actually started well before the scheduled time and as there were lots of passengers flying, a Boeing 777 was used instead of the Airbus. There was no food on this flight and for those allotted the middle seats, we had to wear the PPE equipment provided by the airline. Departure and arrival were both on time. So bravo Air India for once again coming to the nations rescue not only during the Vande Bharat missions but also during these difficult times. My impression of Air India during this crisis has increased leaps and bounds.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteMumbai to Delhi
Date FlownJune 2020

"they didn't show any empathy"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | I was supposed to visit India this month, my flight was booked from London to Kolkata as initially I was about to fly to UK and from there to India but due to this pandemic situation my flight from Auckland to London got cancelled and I received refunded by Airnz, I expressed my situation to Airindia as I will no longer be able to travel this year as New Zealand border for overseas travelling will be closed but they didn't show any empathy rather just juggled up with wrong information. First they said they will refund half of the money I paid on my flight ticket which would be considerable at this stage but now they confirmed I will get no refund at all? Is this called an ethical customer service? The whole world is going through a big crisis and everyone should be cooperative to one another but yet Air India still robbing people.
RouteLondon to Kolkata via Delhi

"Most unethical airline"

Trip Verified | Most unethical airline ever. I had a booking with delta but Air India is not letting other airlines operate, forcing ppl to book their flights at 3 times the cost. My original Delta flight is $693, Air India charged me $1450, plus I need to book two other connecting flights separately. The reason given is other airlines May assign middle seats, whereas Everyone has crossed out middle seats Except Air India. Also Air India has quoted travel rules that go against international laws. I’m stuck here since 3 months and out of funds, now they are robbing me of my last reserves. The last time I travelled, they had no counter in Toronto Pearson airport, no announcement, flight departed early, next day on the flight the toilet was so disgusting it was a slap in my face. Service, food, entertainment everything was on the same level as the toilet. I pledge to never travel by Air India.
RouteDelhi to Cjicagpo