Air India

"worst customer care service"

(Sweden)

Not Verified | I was supposed to travel to india through Air India flight from Stockholm to Delhi and Delhi to Hyderabad on 24th july 2020. i booked the flights through supertravel site. Air India cancelled the flights and now they are asking me to cancel my booking so that they can get all the penalty money where i will end up getting back 5% of what i paid. Neither Super Travel nor Air India helping me to get back my refund. As per international airline policies i should get back 100% refund but they are pointing to each other so that they dont need to pay back my money. Both the companies has worst customer care service. They never help you but instead they force you to cancel. And Air India never responds to your mails
RouteStockholm to Hyderabad via Delhi
Date FlownJune 2020

"Very poor service provider"

Not Verified | Delhi to Ranchi. Air India customer service staff very poor communication and also don't reply quickly. Very poor service provider and don't have any manner to Air India ground staff as well as call service center staff
RouteDelhi to Ranchi
Date FlownMay 2020

"still happening to run flights"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Bengaluru. The load factor was quite full. Departure and arrival was on time and the crew were active to ensure that passengers follow the rules and norms during this time. Again there was no food and beverages except water served. I was able to reach my destination safe securely and Air India is still happening to run flights, though their prices are higher than average. This crisis has shown a face of the airline that is otherwise not seen by the regular public.
AircraftA320 neo
RouteDelhi to Bengaluru
Date FlownJune 2020

"Air India flights were operating"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to Delhi by Air India. Me and my partner had purchased tickets to go to our final destination but as there was no direct flights, we had to book the flight to our destination via Delhi. The booking process was smooth especially when you consider that during the covid-19 crisis, most carriers were busy cancelling flights, however we noticed that Air India flights were operating and looking at the previous record of flights we decided to go ahead with them. The tickets were on the high side but in these times having an airline actually fly instead of cancelling the flight is a game changer. The boarding actually started well before the scheduled time and as there were lots of passengers flying, a Boeing 777 was used instead of the Airbus. There was no food on this flight and for those allotted the middle seats, we had to wear the PPE equipment provided by the airline. Departure and arrival were both on time. So bravo Air India for once again coming to the nations rescue not only during the Vande Bharat missions but also during these difficult times. My impression of Air India during this crisis has increased leaps and bounds.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteMumbai to Delhi
Date FlownJune 2020

"they didn't show any empathy"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | I was supposed to visit India this month, my flight was booked from London to Kolkata as initially I was about to fly to UK and from there to India but due to this pandemic situation my flight from Auckland to London got cancelled and I received refunded by Airnz, I expressed my situation to Airindia as I will no longer be able to travel this year as New Zealand border for overseas travelling will be closed but they didn't show any empathy rather just juggled up with wrong information. First they said they will refund half of the money I paid on my flight ticket which would be considerable at this stage but now they confirmed I will get no refund at all? Is this called an ethical customer service? The whole world is going through a big crisis and everyone should be cooperative to one another but yet Air India still robbing people.
RouteLondon to Kolkata via Delhi

"Most unethical airline"

Trip Verified | Most unethical airline ever. I had a booking with delta but Air India is not letting other airlines operate, forcing ppl to book their flights at 3 times the cost. My original Delta flight is $693, Air India charged me $1450, plus I need to book two other connecting flights separately. The reason given is other airlines May assign middle seats, whereas Everyone has crossed out middle seats Except Air India. Also Air India has quoted travel rules that go against international laws. I’m stuck here since 3 months and out of funds, now they are robbing me of my last reserves. The last time I travelled, they had no counter in Toronto Pearson airport, no announcement, flight departed early, next day on the flight the toilet was so disgusting it was a slap in my face. Service, food, entertainment everything was on the same level as the toilet. I pledge to never travel by Air India.
RouteDelhi to Cjicagpo
Date FlownJune 2020

"don't go by this airline at all"

Not Verified | We book a flight to Diu from Mumbai and it was early morning 7.30 am flight so we reached the airport by 5.30 to know that the flight is cancelled and there was huge crowd for the same flight. No representative or any person from airline was available to answer the queries / questions by all customers. We had a baby along with us who is just 3 year old and there were other passengers with infants struggling to know why the flight was cancelled. While i am writing this till that time we have not received any cancellation message or email. Pathetic service and highly not recommended to fly via this airline. If the airline does not send me any email or message i dont know if my money will come back or its donated to the airline. Please please don't go by this airline at all.
RouteMumbai to Diu
Date FlownMay 2020

"ancellation charges are $350/person"

Not Verified | I booked this airline for my parents to travel to India. The flight date is 27th May. The Airline canceled the flight due to COVID-19 and is giving us two bad options 1) Rebook the ticket and the travel has to finish before 31 Mar 2021. My parents can only go there during summer vacation. This summer vacation is gone... not enough time to rebook for the next summer. 2) Cancel the ticket and cancellation charges are $350/person. I asked can I just not show up and cancel the flight in June and the representative only mentioned that the cancellation charges then would be different but could not tell me how much different ... lower/higher/same/similar. So I'm paying $700 to AirIndia for canceling the flight on me and offering no reasonable alternative. Needless to say I had to wait a really long time on the customer service call. My queue position during the call went from over 90 to 11 to 15 to 19 and 17 and then I suddenly got a call. I have no clue why they bothered to even have a queue on the call. Their chatbot or automated service does not really work.
Date FlownMay 2020

"400$ per ticket for cancellation"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Ahmedabad via Delhi, we booked for this May 2020 and again we are very disappointed. Due to this Coronavirus we want to cancel our tickets which we have on May 18,2020. As we live in Illinois we have lock down till May 30 2020 and so do india till May 17, but still they told us for cancellation for our tickets they will charge 400$ per ticket which is pathetic. I paid 800$ for whole ticket and I want to fly, but due to lock down they are not flying any flights still they wants to charge me 400$ per ticket for cancellation.
RouteChicago to Ahmedabad via Delhi
Date FlownMay 2020

"charging $525 CAD cancellation fees"

Not Verified | Toronto to Ahmadabad via Delhi. This airline is charging $525 CAD cancellation fees for cancelling flights during the COVID-19 situation. People around the world are in isolation. International travelers are being put quarantine. None of the International Consulates are operating in India. Is this airlines expecting people to travel in these circumstances? Customer care number was also declining calls, calls were getting dropped after getting picked up after being in the queue for a long time.
RouteToronto to Ahmadabad via Delhi