Air India

Air India customer review

Ageing A-320 from Bangalore to Mumbai. Some fixtures missing. Starboard engine made a constant loud jarring noise in the front cabin for about 15-20 min until plane settled into cruise. On time departure and landed 15 min early. Decent meal but with the new cost-cutting plastic cutlery. Crew were friendly and happily served extra beverage in a proper cup this time.

Air India customer review

Delhi-London-Delhi Business Class travel in November this year. The journey was overall comfortable with good seats and ontime performance. DEL-LHR sector good cabin crew with average service they say X brand of beer available and when you ask they say oh its not cold we have Y brand. The food layout was average nothing to compare with BA or Emirates they are superb. LHR-DEL menu card given and then taken back saying sorry it was the First Class Menu please read the Business Class now. The crew were a lot older and I guessed that might be the reason for not apt customer service barring 1 or 2 crew members. All in all a great price though and convenient timings which makes it a choice. Full flights considering now a part of Star Alliance. If the customer service and food is improved marginally then full marks for sure.

Air India customer review

First time flying with Air India from LHR to Delhi. The outbound flight AI 116 was delayed by 1.5 hours due to technical issues on the aircraft - Boeing Dreamliner. Check-in was breeze and staff were professional and friendly. I was lucky enough to get upgraded to business class. Seats and cabin was extremely comfortable and seats reclined flat. Service was good and friendly but it lacked the professionalism experienced on other premium carriers - the younger staff not as diligent as older staff. Food was good although the red wine was exceptional. Inflight not great but still had enough variety to pass the time. Return flight was on Boeing 777 in economy- surprised by the amount of legroom and comfort of seat - better than BA! Again found older staff better than younger staff. Food was disappointing although no worse than BA - I found the pre-landing snack inedible. Also I found the control functions for lights games and tv were not working. In fact the tv for both my wife and son were not working at all. Luckily I had my tablets and iPad! Overall I found AI no worse than travelling on BA. Service could be improved and some the aircraft facilities need updating but the same can be said for many other flag carriers.

Air India customer review

On October 31 2014 I had the unpleasant experience of traveling from JFK to DEL via Air India - the onboard service was horrendous. I was escorted in the wrong direction on boarding once I eventually got to my seat I waited almost 10 mins for someone to put my jacket away I eventually had to get up and hand the flight attendant my jacket. Very odd odour from the carpet. Requested a special meal 4 weeks in advance it was confirmed but not provided. No menu for dinner and breakfast options flight attendant walked up and down asking veg or non-veg food presentation was below par. On board movie selection was outdated - seat 8H had mechanical failure would not recline. Bathroom were dirty 6 hours into the 14 hour flight. Flight attendants provided wrong immigration paperwork causing delay in DEL.

Air India customer review

Dreamliner - Melbourne to New Delhi Oct 22nd 2014 and return 1st Nov 2014. Before flying I read the negative reports and I was concerned but the Dreamliner flights were very good. Only complaint was their movie selections did not work properly. As with all aircraft the seats are small for a larger person.

(Thailand)

After 2 flights with Jet Airways from Bangkok to India in their poor quality business class my company booked me on Air India and this was a pleasant surprise. New planes (Dreamliner) good seats fully reclining friendly and attentive attendants reasonably good food and average entertainment system a reason for me now to continue flying on Air India with the bonus of the Star Alliance mileage.

Air India customer review

London-Delhi-Sydney in Business. Was the cheapest business one-way so I didn't have too high expectations but I would use them again. London-Delhi full 777 which was well maintained and the seats spacious. Cabin crew were all very pleasant food nice if you like curry. Seat turns into a reasonable flat bed. Transit at Delhi much less painful than I feared. Lounge pretty ordinary with limited food and drink and leaking showers despite being fairly new. Flight to Sydney (via Melbourne) left an hour late and on 787 Dreamliner which was very new with more spacious seats and cabin less than 1/4 full. Food again decent curries very friendly service slept for about 8 hours. Inflight TV hopeless on both flights unless you are into Bollywood so take an iPad. Only negative was that there was a lot of confusion as to whether you need to get off in Melbourne (we did in the end) and a long wait for transit security.

Air India customer review

I travelled Sydney-Hyderabad via New Delhi on 16th August 2014 and the flight was delayed by 1.5 hours and I missed my connecting flight to Hyderabad. After 2 hours I was given overnight accommodation and booked in the morning flight to Hyderabad. I had the same bizarre experience on my return flight to Sydney via New Delhi on 23/10/2014. I got a phone call a day before the flight that it has been modified and will leave couple of hours early and will go to Delhi via Vishakhapatnam. The flight from Hyderabad was delayed again by an hour due to check-in system being down which again resulted in me missing my connection to Sydney. There were 8 passengers connecting to Sydney and a notification by the captain was not good enough to save our day. It does not end here at immigration I had my departure stamp and as I was waiting for my wife and kids passports to get stamped when the Air India staff informed us that the flight to Sydney is now closed and we can't board the aircraft. It took another 4 hours to do the paperwork to cancel the departure stamp on my passport. Then the routine of going to hotel and take the flight the next day. There is no sense of customer service or sympathy at this inconvenience. I would make every effort never to fly Air India again. The only good thing about the journey was the plane itself. There is ample legroom the seats are comfortable and the dreamliner 787 windows are dimmed to give night experience. Flight staff service varies person to person - some are good and others indifferent. Overall do not fly Air India if you don't have the buffer time to offset for these delays.

Air India customer review

I travelled to Bangkok from Delhi on 12th Oct'14. The flight was delayed by 1.5 hours but we somehow managed that delay. My return flight was on 23rd Oct'14 - the flight was delayed by 5 hours. I had to catch next flight (after 2 hours) from Delhi to Lucknow on the same day. I had to literally beg them to transfer me to another flight. I don't understand why Air India flights are always delayed and other airlines are always on time. They have got good aircraft but there attitude towards passengers and time management needs to be improved.

Air India customer review

Peak Season flight-AI 602 last night. Our original flight was the late night 11pm flight which was delayed by an hour or so. We requested the airline staff at the airport to change us to an earlier flight due to this delay. In spite of the flight being totally packed they were kind enough to accommodate us on the 9pm flight. As for the flight it was great we had premium economy seats great food on time good service and a no-bumps ride. Also not to mention one of the most engaging pilot who gave us stats on every single item relating to the flight-it just felt good!