United Airlines

United Airlines customer review

I flew United First Class San Francisco to Seattle (Dec 2013) returning Jan 2014. I was appalled at the service or lack of! No food or drink service at all and this was in First Class! Ground crew at Seattle were terribly rude and should not even be employed in the service industry. United is the worst airline I have had the misfortune to travel on!

United Airlines customer review

LHR-SFO-ACV. Flight leaving LHR cancelled ground staff at Heathrow rude and obstructive wouldn't confirm flight was cancelled even though I called United direct who confirmed flight cancelled. United app also stated flight cancelled after 90 minute wait in departure lounge. Transfer to Newark flight which was then delayed leaving Heathrow as SFO passengers transferred onto this flight. Overnight accommodation provided in Newark. Return flight from SFO-LHR all London based crew utterly rude and disinterested in the role that they are paid for. 7th flight this year with United only airline that gets me to my final destination. Crew rude when I walked to the back galley to purchase duty free told me it was the busiest hour of the flight as were serving breakfast before landing at Heathrow I only went direct to the galley as message on screen advised 15 minutes remaining to buy duty free. Crew member told me she hated that message and that she would have to come and have a private word with me for purchasing duty free. Flight already booked for Feb 2015 luckily booked with flight miles so know not to expect a great service.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

United Airlines customer review

Fly the Friendly Skies of United? There's very little that's friendly about United they have become an airline of lesser quality than the budget airlines of the world. Connecting business class flight from Auckland to San Francisco via LA. The first leg was non-stop on Air New Zealand which was excellent and connected in LA to a business class flight to SFO. When we presented our ticket at the United lounge in LA we were refused entry because it was a business class "domestic" flight but were offered entry as a guest of another person we had met on our flight from NZ. Sadly the lounge was a worn out mess nothing more than crackers and cheese slices in packets Internet access that was just a bit faster than the old dial up connections - nothing like any of the lounges offered by carriers we had flown elsewhere in the world. On the tired worn plane a minimal offer of chips or cookies and beverages. The worst part is that the personnel seemed tired of being caught between management decisions that have reduced the quality of service to nothing more than a poor commodity and travelers that resent the carrier.

United Airlines customer review

Flew IAH-HNL-IAH in First Class on November 20- 24. I have flown this route several times in the last 15 years and since United took over the flying experience has taken a serious nose dive. Since this route is taken by people mostly cashing in frequent flyer miles and there are not that many "paying" passengers United has decided that we do not deserve the amenities that are available on other routes. The first class cabin seats are very uncomfortable and are nowhere near the first class seats of other carriers for long haul flights. The plane had no inflight entertainment and there was not any power ports for charging personal devices - and this was not just first class but the entire plane. If there was another direct flight to Hawaii from Houston on another carrier I would take it. Flying to Hawaii on Continental was a fairly good experience the food was good and the seats were comfortable even though they did not fully recline.

United Airlines customer review

Booked flight from Newark to St Maarten months in advance - booked an aisle seat and a ctr seat together United changed our seats to a window in next to last row and a window in the last row with seats that don't recline. Also paid for TV and only had the choice of 4 movies-no TV shows - no free snacks. We will do our best to avoid United airlines in the future!

United Airlines customer review

Flew United from LAX to IAH non-stop on an aged Boeing 737-700. The flight departed 25 minutes late for no apparent reason (no explanation given). Luggage was still being loaded 25 minutes after scheduled departure. Plenty of people that should have gate-checked luggage were wandering the plane looking for overhead bin space with no help from crew. There was no snack pay only food options. Nonetheless the crew was somewhat friendly passing frequently even offering warmed up chocolate chip cookies to some of the kids although some had to share one cookie.

United Airlines customer review

For this 9 hour flight from Houston to Buenos Aires United uses a very old 767-300 with a 2-1-2 configuration in business class. The seats are the old Continental flat-bed seats which are angled ever-so-slightly towards the window. Although it's a flat bed the bed is very narrow and at my 190cm I could not stretch out. Felt like sleeping in a coffin! Also when you have to go to the bathroom it's quite the operation to step over your neighbour without waking them up. The service and food were OK although the plastic champagne flutes and the character-less dull white dinnerware could be improved upon.

United Airlines customer review

Was happy with the service in First Class on this quick flight from LA to Houston on United's 737-900. Seat was comfy and the food satisfactory. Nothing outstanding but good enough.

United Airlines customer review

I flew with United Airlines to save money but it turned out to be a mistake. I was traveling to Guatemala City from Dallas making a connection in Houston. We boarded the plane then shortly after got off due to a maintenance issue. Not once were we asked if we had a connection flight or explained to how they would help us get to our destination nor did they give us any updates. I had to ask what to do. I was supposed to be at my destination at noon. I arrived at 10.30pm. Similar incident on my return - took me all day. Bad experience.

United Airlines customer review

PVG-LAX and IAH-LHR. Both flights were very comfortable. Seat and food is good. The only issue with the dreamliner (787) is the lack of proper window blinds. On the flight Shanghai-Los Angeles I was near the window facing south meaning that I always had the sun in front of me. Although the window transparency can be chanced it cannot be completely darkened and this is an issue when you want to sleep.